Genesis Banquet Center & Catering

St Louis, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Genesis Banquet Center & Catering

A BALLROOM IN ST LOUIS, MO

Genesis Banquet Center & Catering has been catering wedding receptions throughout the St. Louis, Missouri region for more than 25 years. This family owned and operated business was chosen for “The Knot Best of Weddings” by brides each year ranging from 2008 to 2011. In addition to the top notch catering services provided, this business also offers an amazing wedding venue.

Genesis Banquet Center is the perfect location for any wedding reception, large or small. This spacious facility can hold up to 450 guests and features elegant chandeliers throughout the room, specialty lighting above a raised head wedding party table, beautiful mirrors on the wall and rope lighting wrapped around the beams. A long banquet table and multiple round tables fill most of the room, leaving enough space for dancing on the large wooden dance floor.

Couples have a variety of choices when it comes to catering packages at the Genesis Banquet Center. Menu options include hot or cold hors d'oeuvres, seated dinners and either Classic, Deluxe or Home-style buffets that feature multiple entree choices, side dishes, salads and rolls. In addition, special Theme Menus are also available, such as:

• Chinatown
  • Backyard Barbecue
  • American Picnic
  • Hawaiian Luau
  • Tailgate
  • South of the Border
  • Taste of Italy
  • Mardi Gras

Catered meals may also include desserts and drinks, depending on the package chosen. Bar services are also offered at this venue as well. A standard package provides four hours of open bar, which includes disposable cups, ice, bar napkins and fruit garnishes. Bartenders must be hired in addition to any bar package.

To-be-weds can also attend a bridal open house which takes place at the Genesis Banquet Center each year, including complimentary light hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. This event allows couples an opportunity to come meet the venue staff, along with some of the preferred vendors that the facility often works with. Brides even have the chance to win prizes and receive discounts. Admission to the event is free but reservations are required.

Additional services offered at the Genesis Banquet Center include:

• iPod ready sound system
  • China and Glassware
  • Table skirts and linens
  • White chair covers with sash bow accents
  • Raised head table
  • Centerpieces
  • Venue can also be rented for additional events, including bridal showers and rehearsal dinners
  • Facility is wheel chair accessible
  • Parking on site

By selecting this venue, couples can also receive discounts on the following:

• Experienced DJ
  • Wedding cake specials
  • Custom designed wedding invitations

Genesis Catering Selected to Knot Hall of Fame!

Genesis Catering,a family-owned & operated business, has been catering wedding receptions in metro St. Louis & St. Charles 23+ years. Local brides voted us as a 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 Pick The Knot Best of Weddings. We are the only Missouri caterer to be nominated to the Knot Hall of Fame.

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

2651 Telegraph Road, St Louis, MO (314) 894-7073

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Heidi S

I could write a novel of glowing reviews for Genesis. Both my husband and I are beyond pleased with the job they did for our wedding reception. I stumbled upon Genesis thanks to the Knot and am so grateful I did. It offered everything we needed and wanted! When we began... Read More searching for venues, we had our work cut out for us! We had well over 300 guests, I didn’t want to share my reception with another wedding or with the public, AND they had to have excellent food! In my opinion, for the price you pay for a reception, the food had better be worth it; I’ve been to receptions that cost nearly $100/plate and the food was awful and guests don’t forget that! It seriously became mission impossible to find the perfect venue for us…until we came across Genesis! It was perfect! We were quite pleased with the price, the staff are beyond AMAZING and the food is honestly some of the best food I’ve had in my life, let alone at a wedding reception! The venue had plenty of space for us and our guests! Megan was truly a God-send! I swear we must have exchanged several hundred, if not thousands, of emails/phone calls, etc. and she was always eager to help in whatever way she could and answered ALL of my questions! I think she even became my wedding coordinator at times. I mentioned something about our ceremony while we were in a meeting and she didn’t hesitate to give me advice, which she absolutely didn’t have to do but was definitely a helpful bonus for us! She is the all-time perfect coordinator to have, especially if you’re a Type-A perfectionist like me! She made everything so easy for us! We are way more than appreciative and grateful for her! Matt was very helpful the day-off, too! My mom started trying to clean and tear down towards the end of the night and he insisted that he and his staff do it so we could enjoy the rest of the night! Seriously, the only venue I know of that would let you do that! I cannot even begin to describe how delicious the food was! Our tasting made it impossible to decide on the menu because everything was so good. We selected a few options that we didn’t even taste beforehand and I honestly wouldn’t have changed a thing! My husband is a very picky eater and he loved it all, which speaks volumes for how good their food is! We still get comments from our guests about how good the food was and our wedding was over 3 months ago! My little brother (another picky eater) still dreams of their top choice round of beef and I still crave their cheesy potatoes at times, so we will definitely be returning customers!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Nadina E

This review is going up a little late since we had SOOO many things after the wedding. We had our wedding at Genesis last year in April and I am still swooning over how amazing it was!! A year later and we still talk about how great Matt and Megan were and how our reception was... Read More amazing!! Everything was great, from the food to all the staff. Matt was so accommodating since I wanted to bring in my own linens, desserts, fresh flowers and so much more! He worked with me daily to ensure everything went smoothly. Being a bride on a budget this place was a heaven sent. I cannot thank the team at Genesis enough for making our wedding reception spectacular! They really do a great job taking care of the bride and groom. I would 1000000% recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 John B

Highly recommended! Genesis was very easy to work with and did an awesome job throughout the whole planning process. They took care of all the details on the night of our reception so that we could enjoy our night. Very affordable and professional.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Brittany S

Very friendly people to work who really went out of the way for you! Also VERY affordable. Everything was perfect! The food was delicious, their in-house DJ was great, and everything ran very smoothly. Megan also did phenomenal decorating for us (we dropped everything off the... Read More day before). The only thing I would have changed is getting to pick which dishes we wanted to try beforehand so we could have made sure to pick the best dishes (the tasting is standard). Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Evan F

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! My wife and I enjoyed our wedding reception here in November. We had a wonderful experience and so did our guests. Food was top notch and the space was just right. The owners really made us feel welcome and took care of a lot of details so we... Read More could just enjoy the evening. The only "bad" thing I would say - and this is,in no way a deal breaker, the bar is located on the dance floor (practically) and it can be a little bit tricky to try and manouever around dancers. As I said - not a deal breaker. Great venue and even better price tag. THANKS!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Colleen G

Where do I begin? Genesis catering was the Perfect choice! Chad was Absolutely wonderful to work with, very accommodating and always answered all of our questions. The price, the food, the service...it doesn't get any better than Genesis!! My husband and I were married on... Read More November 5th, 2016 and had our reception at the Moohlah Shriners Oasis Ballroom. We are so thankful to have been introduced to Genesis Catering, especially after our unsuccessful search! Everyone is still talking about how wonderful the food was, and we are so grateful to Genesis for that! Thank you so much for being reasonably priced and so easy to work with!! We have been passing on your name to all who ask, and will continue to Rave about you!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Nicole M

We had such an amazing experience with genesis catering!! They were very helpful with questions and went above and beyond to make our wedding day as special as possible! We truly had the best day ever and we owe a huge thank you to genesis for all their help!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Sarah L

I have to day that I am sooo happy that we decided to have our reception at Genesis Banquet Center off Telegraph. Matt and Megan were AMAZING to work with. It looked beautiful, the food was amazing, and it was a completely stress free day for me. The staff had everything under... Read More control! Many of our guests said that it was the best time and everything was great! I would recommend that anyone and everyone I know use Genesis for any special occasion!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

We were very pleased with your venue,staff and food! Thanks for making our night wonderful! Mr.and Mrs. Simpson!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stacy H

We looked at a lot of wedding reception venues before we decided on Genesis. It wasn't the exact look we were going for but once we met with Matt, the owner, we were sold. He was so energetic and helpful and appeared to be equally as excited about our big day as we were. His... Read More team there was also very helpful, Sharon and especially Megan. Megan was a total dream to work with. Because they had an event the night before our wedding we couldn't get in to decorate ourselves so with a lose description and some vague pictures Megan put it all together and it looked better than I could have imagined. The food was wonderful (we got so many compliments) we had the roast beef and apricot chicken as our meat options, then loaded mashed potatoes, a pasta dish (I can't recall the name of) and sauteed vegetables with Greek salads...all delicious! The also have built in uplighting and a tv screen for presentations which worked out well displaying our wedding colors and photos of my and my husband throughout the years at the reception. The only thing that I wasn't truly in love with here was their house DJ. You can bring in your own, that's allowed but we went with their recommendation because they were right on everything else. He wasn't horrible but he didn't live up to the rest of the night. Genesis made our night special and worked with us on every single request and want we had. Best service around!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jean F

I can not tell you how happy I am. My daughter's wedding was on Saturday October 22. The venue was the Moolah Ballroom and Genesis was the catering company. OMG the food was great, people could not stop commenting on how good it was. They are such professionals. They worked... Read More with my daughter so well. Can not say enough. :)

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sean W

We loved having our reception at Genesis. The staff was so friendly through the whole process of planning and during our reception. All of our guests loved the food and are still telling us about it. Our bartender was very friendly. We did not need to worry about anything the... Read More whole night! Having them do the cleaning and setup was a huge help. My only criticism is that it was impossible for us to do a food tasting before the wedding. They only do tastings once a month and it costs $10+ per person to try the food. We could not find a day that worked in our schedules at all. We just picked what sounded good from the menu, but our guests loved it anyway. Overall, I highly recommend Genesis to anyone looking for a easy, affordable venue with great service.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Amanda S

We absolutely loved having our wedding reception at Genesis. From our first tour to the actual night, the staff was constantly checking on us to make sure things were going the way we wanted them to. Megan helped us with design ideas and was very accommodating when we needed to... Read More set up our decorations. The lighting Genesis has to offer was one of my favorite attributes, because we could easily customize the room to fit our wedding colors. We got lots of compliments on the yummy food as well! Thanks, Genesis.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Ashley S

I remember going through the process of asking venues and caters for quotes for our wedding. One after another we kept getting figures that made you ask yourself, "how does anyone afford to get married?". Our wedding had upwards of 225 people attending so, we had to find... Read More somewhere we could afford and also give our guests a nice area to celebrate with us. We came across the Moolah Shriner Center in Creve Coeur, who uses Genesis for catering. Were we ever grateful we found them. The people at the Shriner Center and Genisus were very easy to work with and answered all questions that we had. We were also given suggestions for preferred Wedding Cake bakery (Wedding Wonderland) and DJ (John Hoffman), which made some of the other items in wedding planning easier. Our food items we picked had a mixture of both the Classic and Deluxe buffet items. The food was excellent. Mashed potatoes and gravy, glazed carrots, Pork Tenderloin, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Mostaccioli (St. Louis tradition) and the beginnings of bread and salad. We also had a open bar and the selection was pretty much anything you can find here in St. Louis. We stuck to the basics but the beer selection was great. It also came with mixed drinks. Over all, the price and overall experience was everything that simple folks like myself could ever want. Great food, great service, great venue, and a great night for our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Matt T

My husband and I had our reception at Genesis in July 2016. They took care of everything and answered all our questions. They helped a lot and were flexible with the decorations that we wanted. They were very clear with prices as well. The food was great and we loved the huge... Read More dance floor. Everyone that came to our wedding kept telling us how fun it was! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Sarah G

Chad, Megan, and the whole Genesis catering team were fantastic throughout the whole wedding planning process. They were always quick with responses whenever questions would arise.  Most importantly, they were extremely flexible and did things that other caterers would have... Read More charged us a lot extra for. They made things run very smoothly the day of as Chad was there the whole night adjusting the time of the buffet after we arrived late and letting us keep our decorations at the hall for an extra week while we were on our honeymoon. I would definitely recommend Genesis for all of your catering needs.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Agnes M

I used Genesis for my wedding reception on June 11. I grew up in St. Louis but I now live in KS and have for the past 6 years. So I was having a lot of worry and anxiety from planning a wedding from a state away and being rusty on potential locations and vendors in the area.... Read More Thanks to a suggestion from a friend, I came upon genesis. I had the absolute greatest ease planning with them! They are so friendly! They are so kind and flexible when it comes to scheduling. They are so great to communicate with! And they do A LOT of things that you wouldn't think of! Megan and Matt were life savers for us during the planning process. The food was amazing. And the pricing is SO affordable! I am very pleased with my experience with Genesis!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Kavina B

Where do I start with Chad and the rest of the Genesis Staff? Chad was very attentive, always on time, polite and always listened to our ideas and offered suggestions when asked. If I called the office Megan or Matt answered and it was the same type of service. Our food... Read More tasting was great - we had such a difficult decision to make. We were so excited about the potential for our Big Day! The day of the wedding I walked into our reception room and it was GORGEOUS!!! Set up just as we had discussed. I saw Chad walking around who dealt with my family friend (that coordinated our ceremony). The bartender Cheryl was an absolute delight, personally brought drink to the Groom and I. The staff was polite and professional throughout the whole event, even helped us pack up at the end of the night. I recommend Genesis to anyone, we can't wait to have our next big event, we know who we'll be using! This was the first place I looked at and it was the place I came back to after 22 venues... Hope that tells you all you need to know. In addition I was given a recommendation to try Genesis by 2 acquaintances. Chad, Matt, Megan and the rest of the Genesis Staff: THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! Can't wait to work with you again! -Kav & Scott

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Emily H

I could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding! The food was delicious, the atmosphere was incredible (we had our reception at Moolah Ballroom), and the staff was with me every step of the way so that I was not stressed about anything. Chad and Megan were great to... Read More work with! There should be no question in your mind, use genesis for your next event!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Alexandra L

LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Genesis Banquet Center is THE place to have your wedding reception!! The staff is incredible…they are friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to accommodate any wants or wishes. The food is AMAZING and we got so many compliments on it from our guests. The... Read More room size can accommodate a large number of guests and there is still plenty of room for dancing.Choosing Genesis Banquet Center is really a no brainer. You get more for your money without sacrificing quality and service. Thank you Genesis for making my wedding day so amazing. We know everyone had a blast.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Shay B

Our reception was on November 14th 2015. We booked them in the beginning of the year and they were SO awesome. They were very flexible. They explained every step and cost. The day OF was seriously fantastic. They helped set everything up exactly how I wanted it. The food is... Read More wonderful (I even had a guest order extra to pick up a week later so they could take it home for the holidays) they cleaned up quickly, boxed things up for me AND helped me organize things. The DJ was great as well. They made sure the experience was smooth and it was everything we wanted.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Amanda M

You want good food, great people to work with then this is the place. Matt and all the staff at Genesis were so nice and did everything they could to make our day so wonderful and stress free. I had a candy bar and they set it up exactly the way I want and keep it stocked with... Read More the candy I brought. The food was excellent and the room was so beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Our daughter's wedding reception at the Moolah Ballroom catered by Genesis was absolutely fabulous! We could not have wished for a more perfect night! Chad and his staff were fantastic! They are professional and made sure everything was just as we requested right down to the... Read More smallest of details! Could not be happier!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Meg

We had our reception at Genesis Banquet Center and it was perfect. The room was beautiful. We had great service and fantastic food. We have heard nothing but good things from our guests. We will be using them in the future.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Once again, Genesis has gone over the top to provide us with an extra special event. We have used them for ours son's rehearsal dinner and our daughter's rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. We received many compliments on the food and decor. We were very grateful for the... Read More extra large dance floor. Matt came out personally to make sure everything was to our liking. We plan to use them for future weddings and rehearsals.