Georgetown Ballroom

Seattle, WA

Seattle's one of a kind full service wedding venue

Located in Seattle's vibrant Georgetown neighborhood, housed in what was once the historic Mission Theater, the Georgetown Ballroom is one of a kind. Warm, timeless and inviting, the space combines contemporary amenities with vintage elegance. Our atmosphere is matched only by our incredible food and beverage program, tailored to your style and budget. We've built our reputation on working hard for our clients and producing hundreds of seamless, professional and memorable events since we opened in 2008. We'd love to host yours. Photos provided by (in order): Laurell McConnell Photography Tasha Vanasse Photography Oona Copperhill Photography Mary Kalhor Photography Echo Photography Dalisa Jo Portraiture Caitlyn Nikula Photography

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

5623 Airport Way S, Seattle, WA (206) 763-4999

Better than we could've hoped

Reviewed on 3/21/2013 Meryl S

The majority of our budget went to GTB. It was well worth it! They went above and beyond to make our day the easiest, smoothest, most comfortable FUN experience. From setting up and signing contracts to the actual day, the staff was so kind and considerate. They thought of... Read More everything, and made sure we were aware of all they needed to make the day a success. There was an additional fee to stay past a certain time, and they helped us clean up and clear out and even suggested a fun bar a few doors down to finish the night. That was where we actually signed our marriage license! They cleaned up spills on the dance floor, made sure the bathroom was clean all night, found lost phone chargers -- they just made the day so easy and fun. I can't say enough good things about Georgetown Ballroom. The space is incredible; it's like two rooms in one. The transition of the ceremony space to a dance floor was seamless. There were plenty of restrooms! There are lofts above each room -- we had a getting-ready place for the boys and the girls. And then we had a resting place for little ones! There's an outdoor patio with romantic lighting... It was perfect.

Unique Venue, Wonderful Staff

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Haley R

We loved this venue from the moment we saw it. It had everything we needed. Two separate rooms for recep. & ceremony(so we didn't have to do a re-set), spacious areas for the bride & groom to get ready in, a courtyard, enough parking for guests, in a great area, fun... Read More & eclectic style and great staff!

Georgetown Ballroom - venue

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 Meghan G

This was a beautiful venue. I didn't have to do any decorating except for my flowers (centerpieces only) and table cloths. Justice (the event planner) was extremely helpful and eased any and all wedding jitters. The only thing that I wish was different was venues proximity to... Read More hotels. The closest hotels were either downtown or by the airport. I would recommend GEorgetown Ballroom as a venue for any event!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Elisa D

We couldn't be happier that we chose to have our wedding at Georgetown Ballroom! Our ultimate goal was to have a fun wedding and the Georgetown Ballroom venue delivered in spades on that goal. The event went so smoothly and we received tons of compliments from our guests on how... Read More much they loved the venue. It really is a great place with room to eat, dance, and take a breather outside. Danielle was immensely helpful throughout the planning process and helped me think through all the details that I would have never thought of on my own. She was also super responsive throughout the process with every question I had. The staff was friendly and helpful the evening of and our event went off without a hitch - Chris and I couldn't be more grateful!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Dianna T

Georgetown Ballroom is a fun and unique place that is definitely one of Seattle’s hidden gems. It is a dedicated event space, so you probably haven’t heard of it unless you’ve been invited to a party there. My (now) husband and I toured several potential wedding venues, but... Read More Georgetown Ballroom was the clear winner. I felt something special as soon as I walked in the door and we both fell in love with this place. Georgetown Ballroom (GB) is the perfect place to host a wedding, birthday party, or corporate event! Here are some of the reasons why we chose it: 1. Location: GB is located in South Seattle and it is really easy to get to from I-5. My husband and I live and work in Seattle, so we were happy that we found a great venue in the city. (We didn’t want to coordinate a wedding located somewhere else, like the Eastside). 2. Parking: Most of our guests have a car, so we wanted to make sure that they had a place to park. GB has private parking lots that they let you use for free. (The other venues we looked at either had no parking options or it cost an additional fee). 3. Indoor/Outdoor space: GB has both indoor and outdoor space! They have two large rooms inside (Ballroom and Mission Theater) plus a private, nicely landscaped courtyard in the back. We did our ceremony in the Ballroom because they have a cool stage that we wanted to use, but there was enough space for us to do it outside if we wanted to. We did our dinner reception in the Mission Theater. We only had 100 guests, but there was enough room for up to 300 people. 4. Décor: GB has a vintage American/Asian vibe and it is nicely decorated (old suitcases, paper lanterns, etc). The only things we brought in were personal items for the guest book table and a couple of tall hurricane candle holders. (Some other venues come completely empty, so you have to spend a lot of money on décor to make it look nice). 5. Bride/Groom suites: GB has two private suites for the bride and groom. They are fully furnished and very comfortable! The suites are located on mezzanines, so you can still see and hear what is going on downstairs. (The other venues we looked at either didn’t have “getting ready” areas or they offered us boring conference rooms). 6. Dance Floor: GB has a nicely sized dance floor which includes a mirror ball and an excellent in-house sound system. My husband and I took dance lessons before the wedding, so we wanted to make sure that we had a suitable place to show off our moves! 7. Food/Drink: You have to use GB’s in-house catering team (except for dessert), but they are amazing! They are good at all types of cuisine (American, Asian, Mexican, etc), plus you get to do a tasting, so you can customize the menu. (It was nice not having to coordinate an outside caterer). You also have to use GB for your drinks, but this was super convenient. They have different package options and they just billed us for the actual number of drinks consumed. (This was so much easier than buying our own drinks, hauling them to the venue, and then taking home random leftovers). 8. Staff: Jerry, the owner, is a really nice guy and does a great job of maintaining the quality of GB. We enjoyed working with his entire staff (Susie, Danielle, Nancy, Angie). They were all friendly, organized, and very responsive, which we greatly appreciated. On the day of our event, I also thought the food servers provided excellent service.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Brittany P

In a nutshell, The Georgetown Ballroom was perfect. The staff was amazing, I couldn't be happier with the way our wedding went. The space: It is so unique, the only way I can think to describe it is, Art Deco meets industrial Seattle. The space is formerly the mission... Read More theater. With two spaces, the main theater is the dining/reception space and the ceremony/dancing is through a large arch. There are two large rooms but you never feel separated from anyone. You have high ceilings with skylights (that they can close if you'd wish). Authentic Chinese lanterns, vintage decor & signs, and lots of exposed brick. There is court yard with Edison lights and trees as well. The venue space really speaks for itself, I kept my centerpieces minimal and didn't need to do any additional decorating. They have their own wired in sound system, which is helpful when looking for a DJ. They have a bar in each space. Food/Drinks: They have their own in house chef and order their own alcohol. When it came to drinks they had several package options available or we were able to create something entirely unique. The best part was, they charge based on usage. We didn't have to guess how many bottles of wine or kegs to order and end up with a ton left over. My husband doesn't drink, but they made sure to have his favorite beverage (glass bottle cokes) available for him all night! THE FOOD-- it was to die for, first of all they have almost every menu option you can think of. You can do a buffet style reception (which we opted for), you can do a plated meal for a more formal feel, or even appetizers. You can pick from their menu or they have several Prix-fixed options to choose from. At our tasting they worked closely with us to develop a menu that made both the foodie and the budget happy. We had an amazing skirt steak and rosemary chicken buffet and saw several people sneak back for seconds! The Staff: The venue is beautiful, the food was amazing but what really made this experience for me as a bride, was the team. All they wanted was my day to be whatever I envisioned and it showed. I had two points of contact who met with me and responded to every one of my emails (I swear I probably sent them 500). They were extremely organized. Helped me shape a day of time line and they had all my vendor contact information so I didn't have to think about anything on my big day. On the day of, I felt like there was an entire team of genuinely nice people that were excited to be there to help with my day. They even walked through the space with me, had artistic suggestions to really make the few decor pieces I brought really shine. At the end of the night they helped us pack everything up so we can get home. Parking: They have two private lots behind the venue for parking, it accommodates ~60 cars plus street parking. This is a five star venue providing 5 star service. My husband and I agree that we couldn't have imagined our day being any more perfect, Thank you Georgetown Ballroom.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Rae R

What a perfect venue! Not only is this place absolutely beautiful, the staff is unbelievably helpful! Planning with Susie was super easy. They were willing to invent a new menu to match our tastes. They always answered our emails within a day. On the day of the wedding their... Read More staff made sure that both my husband and I always had what we needed. They did a fantastic job connecting with both the photographer and the DJ to make sure everything happened when we wanted it to. The ballroom really makes planning a wedding as easy as it can be! I could not be happier!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Camerin D

The Georgetown Ballroom was absolutely amazing! Susie and Danielle were amazing throughout my whole wedding planning process, and extremely responsive when we had questions. It has the coolest ambiance you could ask for, and they will totally work with you to make your wedding... Read More feel just right. You won't need many decorations, as there are cool antiques all over the place! The staff who worked at my wedding were all friendly and efficient. The evening was super organized and went off without a hitch. My guests raved about the delicious food and fun decor! Thank you for the best wedding ever! :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa S

If you want a truly unique venue that's perfect for both the ceremony and reception, Georgetown Ballroom is a hidden gem in the Seattle area! We had our eye set on several locations, but everything kept pointing us back to GTB. Everything from the beautiful brick walls, private... Read More bride and groom rooms to the DELICIOUS food including the braised short rib, made us such a happy couple at the end of the night! They can be a little strict on the schedule to get guests out on time, but everything else was perfect. I would highly rate this venue for any wedding or large party event.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Megan A

When my fiance and I walked into Georgetown Ballroom, we knew pretty immediately that it was our dream venue. The layout is perfect for a larger group and made the event flow super well - ceremony right into dinner right back into dancing. Danielle and Susie were fabulous... Read More leading up to the big day - always quick to respond to questions, work with our budget, and provide overall support. The wedding day went off without a hitch and we had the absolute best time. Our guests raved about the venue style and how delicious the food was. We couldn't have asked for a better or more upfront/honest experience. We LOVED Georgetown Ballroom so much!

Beautiful reception

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Mary S

I loved having my wedding reception at Georgetown Ballroom! It's a beautiful, eclectic, and unique venue. With all the cool vintage signs and lanterns, not much decorating is needed. Be careful when viewing... Not all that you see is included... Much of it costs an additional... Read More fee. A little pricey, but everyone had a fabulous time.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Morgan A

i absolutely love this venue. the staff is responsive & friendly, the ambience is incredible and it's just a fun and funky place. the only reason it's not 5 stars is because there's no AC in the building. my wedding day was a HOT one and a lot of the guest were really warm... Read More during the ceremony. as soon as they busted out the giant fan for the reception, it was much better.

My dream venue!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 A. C

Georgetown Venue has been my dream wedding venue for years, I was so excited to use it!! It was beautiful, and the wedding day went off without a hitch thanks to the on site coordinators. My only complaint is they nickel & dime you for every service (if you want to use their... Read More dumpsters at the end of the night you have to pay $200!). However, all of that was worth it because the venue is BEAUTIFUL and fun and it was exactly what we wanted.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Sherry G

We chose the ballroom as our venue for its fun, festive decor and ample personality. It was a beautiful location for our ceremony, reception, and photos. The staff the night of our event was very helpful and friendly. We did find it difficult to get a hold of the venue during... Read More the planning process, but once we did get someone on the phone they were always willing to let us come in and look at the venue as often as we needed. Our biggest frustration was that the venue is priced higher than most in the Seattle area and all rentals (including chairs and tables, which are stored in a building out back) were an extra charge. We knew this going in and decided it was worth the cost because the venue was so unique and required little to no decoration. Overall we were very happy with our choice.

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/23/2012 Jennifer L

Georgetown ballroom was amazing. Their venue is truly one of a kind. The only reason I did not give them five stars is by the end I was tired of all the little fees. I would rather just be charged a flat rate and have everything included than feeling like I am being nickle... Read More and dimed for every little thing.

Beautiful location!

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Corinne I

The flow of the venue is really great and Justice, the person in charge over there is really responsive and helpful. The people that were helping the day-of were a bit invasive and we had some complaints from guests. Otherwise all was really beautiful. I highly recommend... Read More Georgetown Ballroom!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 3/31/2011 Lauren W

Everyone at the GTB was fantastic to work with. And of course the space is gorgeous, but interesting too.

Gorgeous Space

Reviewed on 10/28/2010 dana f

Gorgeous space for a wedding. We had roughly 75 people at our wedding & reception. Having multiple rooms was great for the flow of the evening. The outdoor area was simply amazing at night. We had NUMEROUS people comment on how beautiful the space was. We chose this... Read More location because it required less decoration - the pictures ended up being beautiful! One note: rehearsal time for the event will be subtracted from your total time in the space. We didn't know that up front so it was an expected $200 charge.

Georgetown Ballroom

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Kindel H

Overall this venue is magnificent. GTB has SO much going for it, especially atmosphere, making it where you do not need to do much, our pictures turned out amazing (La Luz Photography). The pro and con of this place is that you can do everything yourself. You can choose your own... Read More caterer, bring in your own alcohol, and this saves a ton of money, however is a lot of work. We had around 200 people and seated them on one side of the venue which made it a bit tight, however worked.

Georgetown Ballroom ROCKS!

Reviewed on 10/04/2010 Tracey C

This place was the hidden gem I was looking for! The space is gorgeous, the staff are all very friendly and helpful. This is a venue you must see in person. The website does not do it justice.