Historic Grand Ballroom in Downtown Athens!

Constructed in 1908, historic Georgian Hall has a rich history as a prominent special events venue. The grand ballroom served as the “social focal point” for Athens and surrounding areas for much of the 20th century. In early 2016, it underwent major renovation in an attempt to restore it to its original glory. This 4,000 sqft space is excellent for larger professional or personal private events such as weddings, rehearsal dinners, business meetings, sorority/fraternity formals, or simply a gathering of friends. The Grand Ballroom and Lounge comfortably seats 180 guests, but can hold up to 250 for more social events and cocktail receptions or parties.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

247 E Washington St. #103, Athens, GA (706) 850-5935

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Emily A

We could not happier with every aspect of our wedding reception at the Georgian. From the first time we met with Lindsey, we knew we were in the right hands. Every detail was perfect and we didn't have to worry about anything but celebrating our wedding with our friends and... Read More family. The even space is gorgeous and Lindsey and Gwen are both extremely professional, but also make you feel like you've known them forever. We can't say enough good things about the Georgian and our experience.

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Marissa M

We LOVED having our reception at the Georgian Hall. Lindsey (event director) was kind and professional from day one. This venue definitely embodies southern hospitality. Lindsey wen above and beyond her job to make our day special. We've been married for 8 months now, and we... Read More still have friends and family RAVING about the food (we chose stations!) I would definitely recommend the Georgian to anyone!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Erin G

Perfectly Athens and perfectly us. The coordinators were great and we received so many compliments on this venue! So glad we went with The Georgian Hall!

Reviewed on 2/27/2018 Emma H

The Georgian is an incredible venue. Everything was beautiful and wonderfully executed. My husband and I had nothing to worry about the entire evening. All of our guests were raving about the food and had no complaints. The location is wonderful--walking distance to several... Read More great hotels and north campus. The staff were attentive and made sure we had everything we needed the entire night. I cannot say enough positive things about the Georgian. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Gwen D

The space was a perfect size for our group! We had both the ceremony and reception on site and the staff flipped the space in ample amount of time. Lindsey and Stephanie are a dream team - making everything so easy and fluid throughout the entire process. Our wedding day had... Read More such less stress thanks to everything this venue encompasses (and there are so many moving parts planning a wedding that we welcomed having so many facets in one place). Numerous guests commented on how much they enjoyed the mashed potato bar and how amazing the space was! If you are looking for a classic venue, with exceptional food, amazing staff, and managers that truly care about your experience, look no further!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kerrin G

We couldn't be happier with our wedding reception at the Georgian. Located in Downtown Athens, the Georgian is proximal to everything and gave our family and friends a true Athens experience. The historic charm was the perfect compliment to our art deco inspired wedding. Lindsey... Read More and Stephanie took such great care of us from the beginning - working with us to create a fantastic menu, recommending the best vendor team, and being as flexible as could be as we created our dream wedding. Our family loved the setting and raved about the food (best wedding food they ever had!) and service. I can't imagine a better venue in Athens!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 S N

This space is beautiful and all of the staff were fantastic! I cannot think of anything that I would have changed related to the Georgian Hall or their staff members. The food was great (numerous guests mentioned that it was the best wedding food they ever had!) and Gwen and... Read More Lindsey both were great to work with. I would choose the Georgian Hall again without question!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Emily C

We couldn't have been happier with our venue choice! Everything about the space is absolutely beautiful. Our guests all raved about the food! We would recommend the Georgian to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Becca P

We could not have been happier with our wedding reception at the Georgian Hall last June. From the beginning, Lindsey was extremely helpful and willing to answer any little question I had. I also feel like she totally understood what I was looking for, and went above and beyond... Read More to think of every detail while working with my wedding coordinator as well. To chose our menu, we were invited in for a tasting (which was wonderful) and we were even able to taste the wine choices for our bar. Many of our guests mentioned afterwards how wonderful and attentive the staff was during our reception, and we could not agree more. Plus, the restoration they have recently done to the place is amazing...those wooden doors! We would highly recommend the Georgian Hall for a classic and timeless downtown Athens wedding venue.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Sarah Y

Absolutely perfect! We had our wedding here in June 2016 shortly after the renovation. The venue is beautiful- we had so many compliments! It's also in a prime location in fantastic downtown Athens. The food was great, and the bar was flowing! I had an extremely busy work... Read More schedule leading up to the wedding and Lindsey and team were so easy to work with and made everything come together stress free. Being out of town was so no issue either- I sent Lindsey pictures, ideas and requests and she made it happen. I walked in on my wedding night and was in complete awe. Not only is the venue completely classic, but the A+ staff that supports you makes this place stand out above the rest.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Emily G

We we're incredibly happy with our experience with The Georgian! Lindsey and Gwen were so helpful throughout the planning process and went above and beyond for our reception. We received numerous compliments on the beautiful space, delicious food and overall wonderful time our... Read More guests had. Couldn't recommend this venue more!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Betsy B

This space was perfect for our wedding ceremony and reception in December! The staff was wonderful, the coordinators were great to work with, the food provided by South Kitchen was outstanding, and the venue was beautiful! Highly recommend!