The Best Wedding Caterer in West Michigan

Award-winning Gilmore Catering is among the best social and corporate catering companies in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Since 1978, we've been perfecting our catering services craft with chef-inspired, customized catering menus; premier Michigan venues and banquet facilities; and warm knowledgeable service for social occasions like weddings, receptions, Mitzvahs, quinceaneras, and birthday parties, and corporate functions like business meetings, company holiday parties, and product launches. We cater with character! Gilmore Catering loves being a part of your very special day. We have catered and provided event venues for the most beautiful Grand Rapids weddings, receptions, and rehearsal dinners for over 30 years in Michigan.

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

20 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI Grand Rapids and West Michigan (616) 356-2627

Amazing

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Sarah L

We chose the Gilmore Collection because they run some of our favorite restaurants in town, and were one of our venues preferred providers, and we were not disappointed! The food was excellent, and was served promptly and professionally by a very courteous staff. Angela at... Read More Gilmore was very kind and responsive during the planning process and made everything as easy as possible for us. Gilmore is a great choice.

Food was great.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Casie B

The food was really good. Honestly, Gilmore was the only caterer that really wowed us at the tasting. We tried Applause and Martha's as well and really didn't care for what we got at the tasting. Gilmore worked with us to provide an appetizer that they typically don't serve, we... Read More wanted a Greek Spinach pie and they were able to provide this special request at a really reasonable price. Our plated dinner service took about and hour and a half. but everyone seemed to enjoy their food. I did hear that people did not enjoy the salad we chose and found it difficult to eat in the way that it was presented. ( it was beautiful but difficult to eat). All in all we were really satisfied with the service and everyone said they enjoyed the food.

Grand Rapids' Best Caterer

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Leslie T

Gilmore has a reputation for being the best which is why we use them anytime we need a caterer so when it was time to plan my wedding it was a no brainer that Gilmore would be handling our reception. Gilmore was so easy to work with and they bent over backwards to make sure... Read More everything was amazing for our wedding. Even when issues with the menu or venue policies arose Gilmore made the necessary adjustments without any additional costs to us. The one thing you will know when you hire Gilmore is that the meal will be great! What blew me out of the water was the high level of customer service that was provided. From the initial planning of the event to the servers at the reception everyone associated with Gilmore made it their personal mission to ensure that my wedding day was perfect. If you are having an event in Grand Rapids and don't hire Gilmore you are crazy!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Tara G

They made our lives easy from start to finish. We like food-- and the food lived up to our expectations, not just in the free tasting but also at the wedding. We received LOTS of compliments. People devoured the appetizers and dinner. Charlie ran the event and really paid... Read More attention to our group, kept us on time, and even helped manage our other venue issues when the venue staff was nowhere to be found. I cannot say enough good things about the catering. Will definitely keep them in mind for future events.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Kayla C

Loved our food! Kim is so helpful!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Katy B

Great choice! Everyone gave raving reviews all night at our wedding! Family and friends even called the day after the wedding requesting leftovers!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kelsey O

We hired Gilmore to cater our wedding and everything that was offered exceeded expectations. We worked with Charlie and Angela who both did a great job. We continue to get compliments on our wedding food! Not only was the food delicious, but the staff made the entire night go... Read More smoothly.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Becca G

We had approximately 120 people for our wedding and were trying to keep costs low, so we did a "family picnic". Food was all cooked on site and there is a location in Holland nearby our venue where the caterers could quickly travel to in case they forgot something. The caterer,... Read More Kim, was conscious of our budget and gave us the choice of purchasing our own disposable plates or buying the plates through Gilmore. There was a ton of leftovers. If you plan on taking them with you, be sure to sign the waiver. Gilmore also did our bar service. Bartender was professional and very helpful.

Delicious food!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Dara

The food was absolutely wonderful and they were willing to customize the combo-plated meal to fit our wishes and tastes. There were only some minor cons that don't outweigh the pros. The napkins weren't folded how I had requested, there were fewer candles per table than I... Read More had wanted (but it looked just as fabulous) and the serving of the food for 165 people went slower than I had thought it would. The first tables that were served were finished eating before the last tables were even served. I got a couple comments that their food wasn't as hot as well.

They were great!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Jenniffer H

I didn't go with them because they were a little more than what we wanted to spend.

Great food, very professional

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Kelsey M

We used Gilmore to cater our backyard wedding and they did an awesome job. They brought plenty of staff ( we had 2 managers and 3 bar tenders and one staff for every 10 guests). Everyone continues to rave about how good the food was. They are very easy to work with, even when we... Read More had last minute menu changes, they accommodated! I recommend them to any bride looking for a caterer

Stop looking

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Jen M

Don't waste any more time-just go with Gilmore. The food was fantastic, but the service was even better. Of all my vendors, they were the most professional, kind, and stress-free.

Wonderful Wedding Catering

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Carly L

About a month before my wedding day, I learned that my first caterer, whom I had been struggling to get in contact with for several weeks, had backed out on our contract and would no longer be able to provide services for my ceremony. Feeling clutched and panicked, my wedding... Read More planner suggested Gilmore Catering and immediately put me in touch with Kim Lemmen who, without a doubt, not only rescued me, but went well above and beyond my expectations to make my wedding day truly special. From kids to parents to grandparents, I received many compliments on not only the outstanding dishes, but the presentation and service of Gilmore catering as well. For the entire night, I felt looked after by the Gilmore staff as they would check in with me from time to time and as I would see them along the walls, scanning the room for ways to help and assist. Without hesitation, I would recommend Gilmore Catering for any future bride. Many people said it was not only the best meal that they had had in a long time, but hands down the best wedding dishes they had ever tasted. Gilmore will make you feel good and look good--what more could a bride want!?!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Katie P

Gilmore catered our wedding at Frederik Meijer Gardens and everything was delicious! We chose the stations package and loved it. All the staff was great to work with - very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend them!

Great people and even better food!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Samantha B

We were so pleased with all of the services we received through the Gilmore collection. The staff was so easy to work with and always emailed or called me back right away. We had a buffet style dinner at our wedding reception and the food was to die for. We received so many... Read More compliments from our guests. High recommend!!!!

Phenominal Food and Service

Reviewed on 6/24/2012 A T

Gilmore Collection Catering was great! I knew from the beginning that I wanted Gilmore Collection to cater the cocktail hour and reception. I was very impressed from the first stages of planning to the conclusion of the event with the caliber of service they provide. I asked for... Read More multiple options to fit my price range and GC came back with many ideas. Adjustments for allergies were easily made with no problem. At the reception, when I went to drop my bouquet off at the head table while everyone was still at the cocktail hour, one of the staff brought over a few appetizers for me and the bridesmaids. We were so appreciative! The food was delicious. At dinner my husband and I watched our guests clear their salad plates and their entree plates. We were thrilled that everyone loved their meals! The prices are reasonable and the staff can work with any budget to make your event a success. I recommend Gilmore Collection Catering without hesitation.

Gilmore

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Betsy R

Good service. Very attentive. Super easy to work with. Some of the steaks at the reception were not the greatest, but I think that will happen when you are cooking for 200. Other then that, it was great!

Extremely Pleased

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Saeeda U

Our reception turned out better than I could have hoped for! The food was delicious, the room was beautiful, and the service was superb. I received so many complements over the course of the night, including one from my dad who is hard to believed. He said the food was some of... Read More the best he's had and he was astounded when I told him how affordable it all was. I would definitely recommend the BOB and the Gilmore Collection Catering to anyone looking to have their reception in Grand Rapids!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Jennifer W

Gilmore collection wowed me with their food. I was worried that the food made in such high quantities would not taste good but i was wrong! We had chicken with mushroom sauce and also prime rib and all my guests kept telling me how much they enjoyed everything! Their food was so... Read More mouthwatering!

Great food and great service!!

Reviewed on 12/16/2011 Melissa H

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING is all I have to say! Everything was perfect the food and the service!!

Best Food Ever!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Meghan M

The staff for the Gilmore Collection was wonderful to work with! Our food was fantastic- we did the Chicken/Petite Steak Plate & Gnocchi, their kids meal was the most affordable found! The prices were comparable to others, but the quality and portions were much higher! Our apps... Read More were sushi, caprese skewers & mushroom tartlets. All of my guests were raving! Can't say enough- fast service, food was fresh and the servers were professional.

Gilmore went above and beyond

Reviewed on 9/17/2011 Hannah V

I got married a few weeks ago and Golmore Catering of Grand Rapids made it happen!! The food was FANTASTIC, and they had a great crew. They go all over Michigan and the quality of food is just as good as in house. Kim Lemmen and her assistant Angela were so helpful in making... Read More everything perfect. I would highly reccommend them, and you will not be dissapointed!

Wonderful service and exceptional food.

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Melinda B

Our wedding reception was exactly what we wanted, we couldn't have had a better experience! The food was phenomenal, numerous people commented that it was the best catered food they've ever had and certainly the best wedding food they had had. We even had guests get the... Read More business info so they could use the Gilmore services themselves in the future. In addition, the staff and service were incredible! Everyone was kind, attentive and on task.

Gilmore Collection - Eve - Review

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 Meghan G

Eve was a beautiful and unique location for a wedding reception. The food that was provided was awesome, unique and delicious. I was disappointed in the communication among the various staff that I was in contact with. I was asked the same question several times and when a... Read More new person got involved I had to remind them of our reception requests. We did just appetizers and cocktails and had to review this with every new person we spoke to because they immediately went into a typically banquet dinner discussion. The staff were all kind and I think the communication among them would have been better.

2011-08-26T15:15:45 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you enjoyed the space and the food at your wedding reception. We are truly sorry for the communication problems on our end. We have re-vamping our planning process so that each client has only one contact in our office because we... Read Less Read More

Amazing food and service!

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Krysta K

Our food was excellent. It was served hot and on time. We received many compliments!

Meet The Director of Catering

Kim Lemmen

Simply put, Kim runs everything. She oversees and manages the entire catering department, while specializing in our venues in West Michigan—most specifically Baker Lofts. Born and raised right here in Grand Rapids, she received her bachelor's degree in Food Science & Nutrition from Michigan State University. That explains her interest in working out, weight training, swimming, biking, and hiking. She's also completely devoted to her dogs ("They're my kids!").