Tyrone, GA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Glendalough Manor

A BALLROOM IN TYRONE, GA

Just a little southwest of Atlanta, Georgia, lies the city of Tyrone, where the charming Glendalough Manor is located. The property’s manicured lawns, stunning gardens and stone pathways are surrounded by lush trees, giving this picturesque setting its serene, out-of-the-way essence. The manor itself boasts a stunning interior that effortlessly fuses traditional elegance with a contemporary, upscale design. Private event rentals, wedding ceremonies, receptions, anniversary parties and engagement celebrations are just a few of the gatherings this European-style manor house can host in its various indoor and outdoor venues.

The Avondale. One of two ballrooms located inside the manor, this sophisticated space features 16-foot-high ceilings, elegant chandeliers and rich wood trim. As many as 250 guests can dine in the space, which also includes two outdoor patios overlooking the grounds. There’s a covered outdoor buffet area, which helps open up the dining space even more.

The Wicklow. Located at the east end of the manor, this inviting room has tall windows overlooking the gardens, 16-foot-high ceilings and a stone fireplace. Able to accommodate up to 450 people, the room also features a hardwood dance floor and stage, where a live band or entertainer can set up for an evening of music. In addition to the adjoining buffet space, the Wicklow also includes an awning that provides views of the grounds.

St. Kevin’s Garden. This 2,000-square-foot garden space is the only outdoor reception site on the property. In addition to the surrounding stone foot bridge, a tranquil pond with fountain and slender lampposts, there’s room on the lawn for a dance floor and band or DJ. As many as 200 guests can gather beneath a rented tent for a reception here.

The Pergola. Blooming gardens, gentle waterfalls and a gazebo give this outdoor ceremony site its delicate charm. Guests watch the vows from the lawn, seated upon folding white lawn chairs. There’s a maximum of 500 guests permitted for a ceremony here.

Pavilion. For a covered outdoor ceremony, the manor also has a pavilion, which includes outdoor fans, lighting and a cedar backdrop.

The duration of events varies depending on the day of the week and the room being rented. For example, the Wicklow may be booked until midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, while the Avondale is only available until 9 p.m. on these same nights. Ceremonies occur in the afternoon or early evening and are then followed by a reception. There’s an option to have only a ceremony at the manor, if desired. For specific details about event times, couples should contact the staff at the manor.

An outdoor reception in St. Kevin’s Garden requires the additional rental of a tent. For receptions taking place in one of the ballrooms, the following items are included:

• Tables and chairs
  • Dance floor
  • Corking
  • Hurricane globe
  • Parking
  • Setup and breakdown of space

Catering is provided by the on-site chef at the facility. Couples can choose to have a buffet-style reception or an upscale plated dinner. Hors d’oeuvres and alcohol are also available at the manor.

Some of the extra perks offered at the manor include the following:

• A private bridal suite
  • Complimentary cake cutting
  • Access to the venue’s audio-visual equipment
  • Unique reception stations, such as mini burgers with onion rings or shrimp and grits stations (fee)
  • A coffee station featuring chocolate cups filled with Baileys Irish cream (fee)

Exquisite European Manor and Gardens

Lush gardens for outdoor ceremonies and spacious ballrooms make up Glendalough Manor's recently expanded facility. Our 17 acres include a garden Pergola--the perfect ceremony setting--two expanded ballrooms, hideaway buffet areas, a custom bar and two bridal suites.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

200 Glendalough Crt, Tyrone, GA (678) 870-0068

Loved every second!

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Tara W

I was very pleased with this venue! My wedding coordinator, Jennifer, was VERY up to date and knowledgeable about everything that had to do with weddings! Come wedding day, I was not stressed AT ALL. Everything went as planned. They do everything for you so you don't have to... Read More spend your wedding day decorating your reception room or worrying about when your flowers are going to arrive. We had so many people tell us it was the most beautiful (and fun!) wedding they'd ever been to. I would not change one thing about my wedding, ESPECIALLY the venue!

October Wedding

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Taylor S

This is THE BEST PLACE to have your fall wedding! I'm sure a wedding at any time of the year would be great here, but my fall wedding was absolutely gorgeous! It is well worth the expense to have the beautiful grounds, all of the amenities and the great service! The food was... Read More excellent and by far, the wedding coordinator was over the top!

G is for GORGEOUS!

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 Raina T

The venue is absolutely gorgeous, grounds are WELL maintained and they are constantly updating the ballrooms!! Although you are required to use their caterer...the food was DELICIOUS! I was nowhere prepared for how much a wedding cost and refused to pay more than $8000... Read More total...unfortunately when you use the W word (wedding) everything spikes. Overall I think the price was somewhat reasonable compared to what others charge (NOT cheaper but on average). BUT if you get the AWESOME Jennifer Gowing as your wedding coordinator...you will be SET!!! The staff is friendly and they pulled some strings to help make my day THAT much more memorable. Please Note* My wedding was fairly large (200 guests) so food and seating took up most of the budget AND we had an open bar (they dont offer a cash bar...but it was PRISTINE). LOVED MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE AND RECOMMEND THEM!!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Shelly B

As I write this review we are just 5 dyas from the actual wedding day of events. However, I can already commend the staff at Glendalough Manor for helping to keep me at ease and making the experience comfortable and stress free. I hired a wedding planner who's also among the... Read More best in Atlanta - Christie Williams of Niq Williams Events www.niqwilliamsevents.com and both teams are truly a dynamic duo. The Groom and I could not be more anxious and exited about all the magic that;s to unfold on 08.27.2016.

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Victoria B

We recently got married here in February and we had the absolute best experience! It is family run so they really treat you like family while there. The whole team made the place look amazing for our big day and took care of all of our last minute changes with guests and... Read More decorations. It is absolutely gorgeous here especially in the summer with all the flowers, but even in late February just the architecture is beautiful. You can't go wrong here.

Magical Experience

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Christine K

I can not say enough positive things about this venue. The staff is absolutely wonderful and on their game. Jenna is extremely attentive to emails even on Mondays when the venue is closed and Pennie is a kick ass day of coordinator who brought our vision to life. On the day of... Read More the ceremony a few decorations were placed in the wrong spot, Pennie jumped into action and had these changed immediately. My guests could not stop talking about how amazing everything tasted and looked. As a nervous bride the last thing I wanted to worry about was the venue on the morning of my wedding. The entire staff made my perfect wedding seamless. The venue also offers a vendor day which was the absolute BEST one stop shop to visit with all the preferred vendors and taste test your menu... FOR FREE! I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Katherine C

I had a great experience with planning my wedding here- the staff was on point and really helped guide me through the wedding planning process. The ceremony was absolutely perfect. There are two negatives from my experience...one the bar is set up down the hall from the... Read More ballroom which requires guests to leave the reception to get a beverage. Two, My BIGGEST issue is that I am still waiting on my "rough" video from the reception, which was included in the price. They include a "rough" video from their cameras set up around the reception ballroom. They never gave us the video. I have been married now for almost TWO years and still sending emails to retrieve this footage...

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Rebecca W

Glendalough Manor is the perfect place to have a fairy tale wedding! It is the most beautiful time to get married starting around May when all the trees have leaves and everything is green. My wedding was at the beginning of April, and although the grass was still a little brown... Read More and it was still typical winter moving into spring weather it was absolutely gorgeous outside! I have the most beautiful pictures and they really know how to make everything look beautiful. Glendalough is a wedding machine! When we signed up they gave us a sheet that had everything broken down in a timeline for what we will be doing every 15 minutes of the wedding. It is so highly organized that I did not have a care in the world the day of. When we brought all of the decor and extra things we wanted set up at our 72 hour meeting I didn't have to worry about anything else after that point because they took care of the set up of everything I gave them exactly where and how I wanted it and they also took care of take down putting everything back into my parents car. Pennie (Glendalough’s complimentary wedding director) was the best part of the wedding. She is hilarious, and she is willing to go over and beyond to make her brides happy. She even came in early so I wouldn't have to get myself and all my bridesmaids ready in a small hotel bathroom down the road. I would recommend Glendalough to every bride not only because it is so beautiful inside and out, but it is also so organized and their staff takes care of every detail and goes over and beyond to make sure that everything is exactly how I wanted it. The only issue I had is that my friends said they ran out of 2 kinds of beer during the wedding and when I asked Pennie about it later she said the bartender never ran out – which they clearly did since many of my friends said the bartender was serving them other kinds of beer because they were “out” of the ones they requested. Pennie never followed up with me after that.

Pretty Fabulous Place!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Amanda H

When we decided to get married it was a choice between Glendalough Manor and Lake Lanier, as I wanted a beautiful outdoor ceremony. Not only was Glendalough Manor just as beautiful, if not prettier with all its lush gardens, they worked so well to tailor our day and our budget... Read More with what we wanted. I am so glad we went with GM. The staff is pretty amazing, too. We worked with multiple people throughout our process, but Pennie is just a God-send. She worked so hard to make us happy and keep us happy, yet keep things moving throughout our wedding day and evening at the reception. The food was incredible too. I'm a big "foodie" so this was an important thing to me. My only complaint (and it isn't really even that) is that we did a buffet for our reception, and we did have multiple guests tell us how they were only allowed a certain amount/small portion of foods (and had to choose 1 meat, as we had 2 available). I understand this to a degree, but it was a little bothersome to hear that afterwards when it wasn't really mentioned in the process. We had a beer/wine bar and Pennie worked with us to create a signature drink, which was a sangria with blueberries. So many people commented on how great this was! The champagne they served was also excellent. It really was just all there - down to the details. Everything went so smoothly. It was as perfect as it could have been for us, and we couldn't possibly be happier. Thank you Glendalough Manor!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 3/20/2014 susan w

To all the Glendalough Manor Team. What a joy it was to work with you. Thank you, thank you for making it all seem so effortlessly. We could not have picked a better venue to have the most perfect wedding at. Everyone was so impressed and the food was wonderful. Hugs to... Read More all....The Mother of the Bride!

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 3/16/2014 Alyssa w

I can never say enough good things about every single person who works here! From the moment you walk in the doors you are treated like family! I am a full time law student with crazy hours and even when I would email at all hours of the night I would always wake up bright and... Read More early to a response. Our family and friends loved the grounds the inside rooms and BAR! The food was beyond amazing, and the online portal that this venue uses for its vendors makes the life of the Bride very easy! Amazing Amazing Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Shekinia R

Great Service. Professional. Flexible. All of your needs are met at this location from food, photography, gowns, etc.

Most Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Michelle H

Glendalough Manor is hands down the most beautiful venue in Atlanta (surrounding Atlanta area). I searched all over for months and I was a very particular bride. I wanted to have my ceremony outside and this place was so beautiful that I needed very few decorations outside. It... Read More was astounding to find a place that was even more beautiful in person than the pictures display. And the people that work here are amazing, they are so friendly and helpful. And on the day of my wedding they truly made everything perfect. As a bride they make you feel carefree on the day of your wedding. This was a hard mission to accomplish because I have a type A personality. But my wedding day was amazing and I have had so many compliments from friends, family and even the videographer that this was the best wedding they had been to.

9.29.12

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Erin T

My wedding was beyond amazing and better than I could have ever dreamed of at Glendalough Manor! Everything was perfectly coordinated and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. Jena, Nicole, and the rest of the staff are so pleasant to work with and extremely professional. They made... Read More all of our guests and the wedding party feel right at home. Also, the venue is close to the interstate, making it easy to get to, and there are several resturants and hotels near by to accommodate any and all guests. I would definitely recommend this venue to all future brides.

Beautiful venue and one-stop shop!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Holly C

Not only is this place beautiful, but the staff is so professional and knows exactly what they are doing! They assign 2-3 people to your wedding and they are so helpful! If you pick from their preferred vendor list they even handle all the invoices/billing!! Definitely check... Read More this place out for your big day:)

Absolutely Fabulous

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Catina C

I chose the Glendalough Manor for my wedding ceremony and reception and I couldn't have been happier. The service they provided was top notch, they were always very prompt to respond to my inquiries. I worked with Jena initially and she was so helpful and professional and on... Read More the day of Nicole Wear was my coordinator she was tremendous! With all of the chaos going on, she was calm and kept me calm I absolutely love the service provided and my husband and I both agree that it was money well spent!

Best Wedding Venue in Atlanta

Reviewed on 12/08/2011 Samantha D

From the first visit to Glendalough my husband (then fiancé) knew it was where we were meant to get married. Being the practical sort I wanted to look at other places in the area just to be sure. We spent three months traveling all over metro-Atlanta looking at EVERY ( I really... Read More do mean every) place that dealt with weddings. Not a one could hold a candle to Glendalough's attention to detail, the beauty of the grounds and the manor, or the value of the services offered for the money. We had a little "sticker shock" our first run of the numbers at Glendalough--but when you add up what the same things would cost " ala carte" at some of the other venues or what it would cost in labor and time to do it yourself--Glendalough was the best value by far. Jaylyn and all the staff at Glendalough made us feel special and they all seemed to genuinely care about our special day--they got to know us and made sure our day was really OUR day. We wanted a stress-free, fun, beautiful wedding experience and Jaylyn and Glendalough made sure that happened. I still am getting compliments from guests at the wedding--"it was the most beautiful, original, fun wedding they have ever been to". Thank you Jaylyn and all the wonderful staff at Glendalough for making our day happen in such a wonderful way. Glendalough should be your first and last stop for weddings and special events!

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Corey S

Our wedding was really great at Glendalough. The staff was very nice and helpful, and the place was beautiful for our wedding.

Beautiful Venue/Subpar Service

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Bridgette C

We picked Glendalough Manor as our reception and ceremony site because we loved the look of the grounds and manor. We thought since they were very straight forward about pricing, etc, that they would be a pleasure to work with. However, after booking, we didn't hear from them... Read More for 3mths, though we were supposed to arrange to see them within 2wks. Finally, they got back to us but switched our coordinator. Plans were rushed, but they went forward. Then on the wedding day, we get there and the colours for the banquet hall are wrong. Then, after the ceremony, the DJ (the DJ that comes with the venue) was wandering around and didn't announce when the food was finished serving, so half our group was still hungry as the food was being taken away. Then, the DJ announces my MIL, but says the wrong name (a mans name, on top of that!)! Our coordinator had written it wrong a few days earlier but we had corrected it with her. Apparently she didn't pass on the info. For our cake cutting song, instead of the traditional song we'd picked, the DJ plays some horrible song we'd never heard before. On top of that, we were ushered our an hour before our time was up, and our guests who had arranged for rides at the proper ending of the reception were bothered and almost kicked off the property!! My husband and I got in our limo and all our bags that our coordinator was supposed to place in there, weren't there. We had to stop the limo, call a groomsman and have him search for our belongings. So, while the environment was beautiful, the service was horrible. If you want to use this venue, I would strongly suggest using your own vendors to make sure the day goes smoothly.

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 6/21/2011 Brooke M

This place was so beautiful and organized! They exceeded my expectations and made our wedding planning easy and stress-free! It truly felt like a fairy tale wedding. Everything was perfect!

Perfect Garden Wedding

Reviewed on 6/14/2011 Alyssa W

I love the flowers and the service was amazing. You get every penny you paid and more. The best place to get married! A Happy Bride

Not impressed

Reviewed on 5/26/2011 Margaret N

The outside wedding was beautiful! The guests were quit comfortable. However, the parents and grandparents (in the front row) and the bridal party were in the hot son. I heard over and over again from the guests how they had ceiling fans and shade. We were miserable. I was the... Read More MOG and we held the rehearsal dinner at Glendalough. The rehearsal & dinner were outside in the beautiful setting. The location is nice and everyone enjoyed it. My complaint is with the lack of communication ahead of time and afterwards. I spent weeks trying to get responses to emails for details on the rehearsal dinner. Many times it tooks 10 days to get a response. There was no check list or info sheet to help me with details and information. There was no contract so that I felt secure that I was guaranteed the date, time, meal, etc. On the night of the rehearsal dinner, the food served was not what I had ordered. I was very disappointed. Personally, I didn't care for most of the food that was served, but many liked it. It was the Southern Barbeque dinner. We did not get the green salad, Texas toast or peach cobbler & ice cream. We got pasta salad, hard rolls and cookies and brownies. After the fact I was told there would be some kind of compensation for the mistake (she admitted it was her mistake). After following up for a couple of weeks and hearing the chef was looking into it, I gave up. I didn't have a lot of dealings with them as far as the wedding went. However, the communication to the bridal party was poor. My sons were groomsmen and were not told they needed to usher until last minute when one of them was pulled to do it. I was not told when I needed to be where, so I just hung around the front area hoping someone would let me know. I had been in communication with them ahead of time to be sure that my 85 year old mother-in-law was taken care of. Very little of the plans they assured me would happen did. It was not all their fault. However, at the reception, she was at one of the family tables. It was the one table in the room with two children and the oldest person. They were supposed to deliver her plate to her and that table was supposed to be one of the first to go to the serving line. My son finally went and got his grandmother a plate and then had to go tell someone to let the rest of the table go so she wasn't eating alone. If Glendalough had just been intentional at giving good customer service and keeping us informed, most of the problems would have been alleviated. They apparantly don't grasp that most of us doing this have never done it before and need detailed instructions to make us feel secure and comfortable. I will say that the cost per person for the rehearsal dinner was reasonable. It was just under $19 per person. Because you can't schedule the rehearsal until 30 days out, it's very difficult to schedule anywhere else. One other thing that both families did not like (as well as many guests), is that while we were taking pictures after the ceremony, a couple was being shown around to see if they wanted to have their wedding there. It felt invasive and like a time share presentation.

Very Impressed

Reviewed on 2/01/2011 Kristen S

Wowwwwww!!! My first impression was that the building was gorgeous and then the ballroom was even better! I was so impressed with the staff. When you arrive and book your date you automatically get a wedding coordinator for Glendalough that is included in the price. They made... Read More everything so seamless they even had someone come to the church which was not even at Glendalough to make sure everything ran extra smooth. Glendalough really makes you feel comfortable and at ease and there was never a time where I was second guessing my decision. The place was great, the on site DJ was great, food was great, bar was great...I really have no complaints at all. I really recommend Glendalough to anyone wanting a hassle free wedding with a pretty affordable price tag

THe best of both worlds

Reviewed on 11/11/2010 Audra H

i loved having my wedding at Glendalough Manor because it was a one stop shop and it was very cost efficient when i did my research there vendors were way cheaper than the going rate and they handled everything! They were very professional and absolutely the best!

Nice Place Overall

Reviewed on 10/31/2010 Nina C

The wedding day flowed quite smoothly because my coordinator took care of everything. The facility is beautiful, and all my guests thought it was the most beautiful place they had seen.