WE MAKE MEMORIES HAPPEN

My ambition as an event planner is to create bespoke events that are memorable for my clients. At Glitzzy Events we approach each event with an open mind and a blank canvas. Our goal is to create a unique event each and every time. We achieve this by listening carefully to the client’s preferences, tastes and dreams. No matter what your budget is we approach each event with the same dedication and enthusiasm. My creativity, passion and flair for event planning is a natural extension of my rich Indian and Portugese heritage. Every party should reflect the personality of the client and the occasion being celebrated. Creativity and imagination is the key to to ensuring the client’s event is personal and original.

Engagement Party, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

10305 Tularosa Pass, Austin, TX Austin and surrounding areas (512) 293-8786
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Suraiya K

Cheryl is awesome !! Cheryl and her husband were a great team in creating our wedding day extra special for us! She is fantastic to work with and she takes her work very seriously. Her passion shows up in her efforts to make things flawless. She always had great suggestions and... Read More ideas for us throughout the process. Since ours was destination wedding in Austin, Cheryl coordinated everything with the venue and was very responsive in her communication. She made sure we were stress-free and ensured smooth flaw on the day off wedding  She is very caring, friendly and personable. She went out of her way to arrange for last minute changes to ensure the venue and set up looked pretty. We were able to enjoy our wedding day without any stress and focus on our family and friends only because of Cheryl and Rohit. Thank you Cheryl for making our wedding so memorable and beautiful. It wouldn’t have been the same if it wasn’t for you ! Everything was perfect, we would highly recommend her for any event :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Isha P

Glitzzy Events Pros: organized, detail-oriented, creative, communicative, flexible, patient, high-quality Cons: I can’t think of a single one! Glitzzy Events managed Pratham Austin’s gala this year on September 17, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency. The program was fairly complex with... Read More many codependent moving parts, which had to flow correctly for the night to be considered a success. It’s an understatement to say this year's gala was the best we've ever had. With 530+ attendees, over 15 vendors, and incredibly high expectations, as the organizers, we knew that there would be a lot to manage on the day of the gala, and I was personally prepared to spend the entire evening helping manage logistics. However, Cheryl and her team were fantastic! Every single detail was taken care of and I was actually able to mingle with attendees and enjoy the evening. Every attendee who provided feedback on the event said it was wonderfully organized and run, the credit for which goes to Cheryl. I was particularly impressed with Cheryl’s ability to manage multiple details with high-quality results. She managed the delivery and set up of appetizers from 5 different restaurants, the photographer, DJ, auction set up, décor, venue details, food and beverage, all with attention to detail and style. No detail is too small for Cheryl to manage. She managed the entire registration process for all our attendees which included the creation of goody bags with auction paddles, training volunteers to register guests, and problem-solving as issues came up. The creation of the goody bags was a huge undertaking and Cheryl and her team pulled it off beautifully. There is no doubt in my mind that when Cheryl takes on an event, she gives it her all. Her commitment to going above and beyond and passion for excellence is unmatched. In the history of Pratham Austin, we’ve never had a gala that was this successful or this well organized, and much of that had to with Cheryl being at the helm of it. I felt incredibly supported and could accomplish so much more, just knowing that Cheryl has everything under control and wouldn’t let anything slip through the cracks. I would highly recommend Cheryl and her team to anyone who is looking to plan any type of event. Her experience, attention to detail, and willingness to go the extra mile would make her an asset to any event. If you’re looking for someone who delivers results and can manage even the most complex of situations, Cheryl’s your girl!

Reviewed on 4/02/2016 Manasa M

Our wedding was an absolute fairytale thanks to Cheryl's hard work and dedication to our big day. Cheryl helped plan and execute our big fat Indian wedding in Austin this past August. With both of us having full time jobs and our families both out of town, Cheryl's help was... Read More priceless. She was able to make the planning process between families seamless. She is an amazing wedding planner, and also is an amazing person. My husband and I have nothing but glowing things to say about Cheryl and her team. After meeting her it is hard not to notice Cheryl's genuine enthusiasm and love for what she does- it truly shows through in all of her work. I also really liked how Cheryl is able to work within any budget. We definitely had a budget, and Cheryl never once tried to persuade us to spend more money but rather helped us work with what we wanted to spend. She is very mindful of costs and treats the planning and event as if it was her own. It really was an absolute gift to work with Cheryl and her team- I would definitely recommend her to anyone planning a wedding, she really is worth it! I am still having withdrawals from our wedding and the planning process but I know Cheryl will stay a lifelong friend. Thank you Glitzzy Events!!

2016-04-03T12:51:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks Mansa and Krishan for letting me be part of your wedding celebrations and your family!It was a ton of fun!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Sunny V

Cheryl was fantastic to work with. We planned a destination Indian wedding in Austin, and as soon as we met with her and decided to work with her, Cheryl put us at ease. She was very responsive, organized, and fun to work with. She made sure that we were both happy with the... Read More decisions we were making, and also worked with us to come up with solutions for any problems as they came up. She and her husband were also a fantastic help especially on the day of the wedding, and helped us pull off a wedding ceremony at one venue and a reception at another venue about 40 mins away without a hitch. We are both so happy that Cheryl made our dream wedding happen, and wholeheartedly recommend her to others planning their wedding in the Austin area.

2017-05-22T09:19:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sunny and Swati, appreciate you kind words. I enjoyed working with you as well,it was a beautiful and fun weekend.

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Sai M

Cheryl and her team helped us pull off an Indian fusion wedding and henna ceremony/pre-wedding party a month ago in Texas Hill Country. Cheryl patiently and diligently worked with us for a year, finding vendors and negotiating with them and also negotiating between the... Read More sometimes-competing desires of the bride/groom/parents/budget. She did a fantastic job with that, but I think we didn't even really appreciate her value until the events took place. Cheryl pulled together everything flawlessly, and we as well as our guests were awed by how beautiful both days were. And she was cheerful the entire time, despite having to manage stress coming at her from all directions. We are very very glad that Cheryl was a part of our wedding.

2017-05-01T09:53:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sai. I totally appreciate your kind words, I enjoyed working with you all to make this special weekend in your life a forever memory. You are an amazing young woman and wish nothing but the best for Bob and yourself.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Nisha D

Words cannot express how amazing Cheryl was in planning our dream wedding. We found out quickly that Cheryl's experience and talent with weddings and events was exceptional and we wanted her to be a part of our big day. She is wonderful to work with and you can see and feel her... Read More passion in what she does. She helped us with creating a vendor list, budget, timeline, guest list, etc and it was very well managed. And she will also make sure you are on top of it! I will always remember the late phone calls that would last hours, meetings at the venue, and all the fun we had while planning our events. She went above and beyond to make sure our day was special and she made our vision come to life. Moreover, her husband Rohit was there in on the action to help and make sure everything ran smoothly. We found out later that during the sangeet we had run out of beer and wine. Rohit went to a nearby grocery store to get more and then made a second trip back to get limes for the beer! We were just in awe - Cheryl and Rohit are a great team and they truly care for you and take care of you. We were able to enjoy our events stress free and our guests enjoyed every minute of it. Many of our guests complimented us on the flow of events and were so impressed with how everything ran. Cheryl and her team made that happen and we couldn't have been happier. We highly recommend Cheryl for any event planning you need! Thank you Cheryl for making our dream wedding come true and making it such a memorable one!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017

A Wedding Coordinator, Extraordinaire Dear Cheryl and Rohit, What a wedding! And what a great effort and assist from you guys! A thank you would not suffice for such effort, dedication to work, empathy, and willingness to go the extra mile, so here goes – An almost... Read More yearlong effort of work between you and Nisha came to fruition in an arcade hail of sparklers! Every detail and assist by you, Cheryl, has been noticed and appreciated by the wedding guests from both sides. Your input in negotiating food prices and menu with the different restaurants helped us in controlling our expenses. Your detailed inputs in hour long teleconferences have won over converts, most notably a guy who came in on a horse! Not enough could be said about Rohit, a true roll up the sleeves and get down to it guy. Your tremendous help all around, which includes getting the limes on Meet and Greet night, was a savior event! You are a great partner for Cheryl in what you guys do. Thanks again! We need to break bread over some wine and good desi food one of these days. All three of us, Rupa, Priya and myself, thank you in earnest for a job well done. Who knows, maybe a couple of years down the road, there could be one more request for an encore? Best Wishes, Vipul, Rupa & Priya

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Shweta B

Cheryl at Glitzzy Events was amazing in helping us plan our wedding in a short six month period! Not being local to Austin myself, Cheryl's long experience with planning events, particularly South Asian weddings in Austin was invaluable to our families. Both Cheryl and Rohit's... Read More willingness and patience in understanding our vision for the event, creating and managing a detailed timeline, recommending/ sourcing new vendors and even starting a catering service that would meet our requirements was more than what we could have wished for. This passionate and wholehearted team made our dream wedding come true! We were able to enjoy our big day with all our guests completely stress free! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jerod Z

Cheryl was fantastic to work with! She always had wonderful suggestions and ideas throughout our Wedding Planning process. She was always very responsive with questions and great about communicating throughout our planning process. Cheryl went above and beyond on my wedding day... Read More which made everything seem so seamless and stress-free. Not only is she a genuine person she cares about the event being successful. Planners are tough to find, and we were very lucky to have found Cheryl. Thank you, Cheryl and to her wonderful daughters who helped her the day of. If it wasn't for you, our wedding wouldn't have been a fairytale! Love, Rika and Jay Zuniga

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amanda V

My husband and I worked with Cheryl on our Indian/American fusion wedding. Cheryl and Glitzzy Events team made the planning process as easy as possible, from setting up to accompanying us to every appointment and keeping us on track in terms of timeline. She took our whims and... Read More personalities into consideration (down to hunting for a very specific cake topper and spray painting it gold for me) to help plan and coordinate the event of a lifetime. Truth be told, I wanted to elope while my husband wanted the big wedding; now, I can't imagine not having this wonderful experience that Cheryl and team helped create.

2016-10-31T13:02:50 Response from the vendor

Thanks Amanda, enjoyed working with you both!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Hena V

Chery helped us plan our sons Big Indian Wedding. Not only did she do an amazing job, she did it with a warm heart, professional demeanor and in a very friendly manner. Cheryl was with us every step of the way. She came to all vendor meetings and managed our budget with great... Read More detail. On the day of the event her team created a seamless timeline. Everything was perfect! The wedding turned out beautiful and classy.

2016-10-31T12:45:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks Hena, so appreciate your kind words. It was a ton of fun.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016

Cheryl is the best wedding planner we could have possibly asked for! We asked a lot of her and she delivered throughout the entire process. We actually had an Indian and an American wedding so planning for both of these was quite the task. We had really high expectations as... Read More any couple probably does and we definitely could not have gotten through this without her support and guidance. One of the best things about her is her attitude. It is very obvious, she really cares about her clients and tries her hardest to accommodate even the hardest requests. She can do it all and she does it with a smile. You'll never have those nightmare moments you see on the movies where everything is a cluster and everyone is arguing. She made our lives and our special day a breeze. We were all at peace and content. She's extremely hard working, detail oriented, organized and her passion radiates through her work. She will make you feel at ease during those tough decisions every couple faces when planning their big day. I really can't say enough about her. She's such a delight to work with! By the end of all of this, she had really become part of the family.

2016-10-31T12:49:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks Neal and Heidi, planing and working with you both for over a year was very special, loved every minute of our time together, especially both weddings, so unique and amazing.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jonathan M

Cheryl was the best. Event planning is something that comes naturally to her and she enjoys doing it J . We contacted Cheryl 3 months prior to our wedding and neither of us were in Austin. So Cheryl had to coordinate most of the planning with our vendors, church and reception... Read More hall. She would communicate with us frequently and would always reply to our messages in a prompt manner. She would bring up issues/things that we had not planned for or forseen. She was extremely well organized and meticulous Since I’m from India and my wife is from the US, We had a mixed wedding with a traditional south Indian function ‘Roce’ the night before and a church ceremony followed by a reception the next day Cheryl helped plan and run all the events (3 of them in the space of 24 hours). For our church ceremony, when the coordinator from the church could not show up for the rehearsal - Cheryl ran it by herself and did an amazing job for the rehearsal and for the wedding the next day The whole process was well planned (with great attention to detail) from the welcome bags, to arranging transport for guests, to small things like ensuring the bride and groom had food to eat, had gifts brought back to the room - she took care of it all. The decoration for the Roce, and the wedding, the food at both events were fantabulous. In addition, she and her husband and her associates put in not a 100% but 150% effort into everything they did. The result was a dream wedding with the least amount of stress that my wife and myself had to go through. Thank you so much for everything. Jonathan Mathias

2016-10-31T13:00:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jonathan and Susanna, appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Venkat R

On July 2nd 2016 my son Karthik married the love of his life Noemi. My wife a perfectionist by nature and I visited Dallas, Houston and Austin to find a wedding planner who is not only a perfectionist but has experience in fusion marriages. We found Cheryl Fernandes in Austin,... Read More who we can now say with conviction, represents an epitome of an excellent wedding planner. The first thing you notice about Cheryl is her confidence—a personality trait that she transfers to her clients immediately. The source of her confidence is her incredible ability skills in organization, time-management, and multi-tasking. However, my wife and I are convinced that her commitment to excellence comes more from her spontaneous passion to do the very best. She is knowledgeable in all aspects, from the engagement party to the honeymoon, and everything between. She provided us a vendor list and instinctively helped match us with the vendors that best suit our needs. As a professional wedding planner she has done her homework well and understands the intricacies of an individual's faith, culture, other traditions. This awareness is exemplified in fusion weddings. Cheryl was even able to incorporate elements of the military—my son’s experience—within the wedding. Cheryl is friendly, easily accessible, communicates promptly, has excellent interpersonal skills, and seamlessly works under pressure. Her calm and assuring personality reassured the stressed out bride and groom as well as placated the emotional parents. Her demeanor and grace resembled a close family member. In short, I would not only recommend Cheryl and her team— her wonderful husband Rohit and her delightful son Nathan—with no reservations. We would also call her the moment my other two boys are ready to tie the knot. Cheryl and her family entered our family as a wedding planner and have now become friends forever.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016

This is our third event with Cheryl and she has once again done an excellent job! She always has excellent ideas and has a great team that makes the event go very smoothly! Additionally, she does a fantastic job perfecting the smallest details such as the cake flavor and the... Read More lighting and really works with her clients to make the event as magical as possible. Good planners are hard to come by and Cheryl is diamond in the rough. Thank you Cheryl for making our events awesome and we will definitely come back to you when we are celebrating another event in our family!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Karl N

Cheryl and her husband were great in creating a seamless wedding day for us! We had a fusion wedding that started early in the morning with our Hindu ceremony followed by a traditional Catholic ceremony offsite, and Glittzy events helped us stay ahead of schedule the entire day.... Read More Cheryl has an assertive and calming nature, and she gave us constant assurance that her goal was to keep us stress-free on our wedding day. Her passion for wedding planning shows in her attention and execution of detail. She helped us make connections and negotiate with vendors without any prompting. She was always eager and enthusiastic to close the gaps in our wedding planning that ultimately led to a perfect day. She is such a caring person that will go the extra mile for any bride. We are forever thankful for her help in making our wedding day great and allowing us to keep our focus on our family and friends!

2016-04-03T13:21:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks Veeral and Karl. It was so much of fun!

Cheryl Fernandes

After years of being on the block and living and working in corporate world around the world, India, United Arab Emirates, Canada and now the USA, life has been a beautiful and amazing journey of experiences, love and treasures that I have collected as I have lived, being married for 27 years and raising my 3 awesome children. After completing the Event Planning at ACC in 2010 and lunching Glitzzty and working events and celebrations part time,I finally resigned my corporate world job mid 2015 and now working 100% on growing Glitzzy and Making memories happen!