Distinctive Cuisine for all Occasions

Glorious Affairs has provided distinctive catering and event design to clients since 1989. Recognized as the "boutique" caterer in Newport County, we offer events with unique style and elegance coupled with gracious personal service and truly superb cuisine.

Cuisine

Bow2007

926 Aquidneck Ave, Middletown, RI (401) 842-0404

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Meg E

We used Glorious Affairs as our caterer for our September wedding in Newport, RI and could not be HAPPIER with every element they handled. From the initial meeting, my husband and I felt like Barbara really listened to us, made us feel so comfortable and made the decision to... Read More use Glorious Affairs a simple choice. We both left the first meeting giddy about the whole wedding because we knew the food would be amazing. The tasting BLEW our minds, without question some of the best food we had ever had. Once the wedding arrived, Glorious Affairs executed every detail perfectly, the guests were so impressed with the staff and their professionalism, the food as we knew was amazing - every detail was perfect. As the bride, I was treated with extra attention that made my wedding experience even more enjoyable than I could have imagined. There really isn't enough I can say about Glorious Affairs - I would highly recommend them to anyone for any event.

TH ABSOLUTE BEST!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kerry W

Glorious Affairs, where do I begin? From the moment we met Barbara we knew GA would be the caterer for our wedding. Before we even had a tasting our decision was made. The tasting just solidified we made the right choice. Every question had an answer, every problem had a... Read More solution. There is nothing I would have changed. The weeks and days leading up to our wedding I had many questions and every time I received an email/phone call with an answer and all my anxiety disappeared! On the day of our wedding Barbara was a godsend, making sure everything went smoothly and her staff was absolutely amazing. I can't say enough about them! From start to finish someone was there always waiting on us and making sure everyone was completely satisfied. My guests are still talking about how fabulous the food was and how they had never been to a wedding where the food was this good. From the hot pass hor d'oeuvres, to the pasta station, to the pork and beef tenderloin and everything else, amazing food! My only disappointment is I have no reason to use Glorious Affairs in the near future but I'll think of something!!! To Barbara and all of her staff, I thank you for making my wedding day everything it could have been. Barbara you have truly have met your calling. Best, Kerry O'Toole (Walsh)

Better than imagined!

Reviewed on 12/07/2010 Holly H

Barbara and her team created a feast that pleased every palette. She was extremely accommodating to our wants and needs to make our wedding unique and enjoyable by all. Barbara's team was ridiculous, the groom and I were never empty handed yet not bothered by them, and a bunch... Read More of the waitresses even hopped in our photobooth! We opted for the open bar option and even went as far to take Barbara's suggestion of an additional bar tender - and she was correct! We def needed another! Prior to the wedding we tried a number of delicious plates and GA was always quick to email us back and work with us. We also had some last minute changes (nothing like 45 and rain in April!) and the GA team was quick to help us obtain some heaters and things to keep our guests happy! In addition, we were at a venue that needed EVERYTHING brought in including tables and linens. She had a huge selection to find our perfect colors and even helped us choose when we told her we really didn't care what the forks looked like. lol During the wedding Barbara orchestrates the whole shebang after the ceremony. The beauty of it? I didn't lift a finger not think about clean up, getting items in the cars to bring home, or really ANYTHING. Her team was unbelievable and made my wedding something I had never imagined possible! I remember telling my groom that night... "we should do this every year!" lol And the feedback from the guests is unreal! Not to brag... lol... but I've had numerous guests tell me that was the "best wedding" they'd been to. Really?? what a compliment to myself and the vendors we hired... GA being at the top of the list! If you have any doubts about working with GA, be at ease, I would recommend them for any type of wedding with any amount of "issues" and "details" that you need to deal with. Working with them was extremely easy and helped make our wedding night perfect!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 katie k

Barbara and Glorious Affairs are fantastic. We hired and partnered with her team for our Wedding Welcome party this summer. Everything was coordinated well, her design of a custom menu for our party was creative and turned out super tasty. People are still talking about how... Read More great the food was (seriously, asking for recipes!). The staff is amazing and very professional, our servers and bartenders kept everyone with cocktails and food in hand. Glorious Affair’s takes the stress out of party planning and can be trusted to plan, coordinate and cater a great event. We are local to Rhode Island and will definitely use Glorious Affairs again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Andrew K

The Glorious Affairs team, led by Barbara, were amazing and made our Newport, RI Wedding Weekend so special. Their attention to detail and commitment to creativity were beyond Katie’s and my expectations. We had a guest list of 180 people including many from Australia so... Read More wanted to ensure everyone came together a party as one. A special call out to Glorious Affairs for their menu, which was the Aussie Burgers and authentic sausage rolls. They were soooo good that a friend who owns a restaurant in Newport now features them as part of their main menu. Yum Yum! Thank you, Barbara for everything! Love, Andrew & Katie

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

Our daughter and son-in-law were married on 10/21/17, and Glorious Affairs provided the most incredible food for their special day! The quality and amount of food was perfect, and the service was impeccable. Barbara, Wendy & their staff were wonderful to work with through the... Read More entire planning process and catered to our needs every minute of the day. They are worth every penny and truly give you individualized care and attention. The wedding guests have not stopped talking about how amazing the food was!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Thomas R

My daughter was recently married and chose Glorious Affairs to handle the event. I had used GA before and was very happy with my daughter's choice. Wendy Cobb expertly managed every aspect of the event. The food was 5 star. The staff beyond professional. The wedding was... Read More perfect. It was the WAY above and beyond things Wendy did - with a threat of rain reappearing after I cancelled the tent, Wendy purchased (on her own) coverings for the outdoor ceremony. She made great suggestions throughout the planning process and I trusted her implicitly. I can't say enough about the chef and staff. Every aspect was first class.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Elizabeth H

Glorious Affairs catered our wedding in September 2017, and we could not be happier! Barbara and her team happily accommodated all of our special requests, and from the initial meetings to the week leading up, she really put us at ease throughout the planning process and we knew... Read More we were in great hands. We didn't use a wedding coordinator, and Barbara really stepped up to help fill that gap. When we arrived at our reception, everything was set up beautifully, Barbara’s team took care of everything. Barbara had a server assigned to my husband and me, and they did a great job tracking us down as we moved around so we didn’t miss any of the exceptional appetizers they prepared. The servers were clearly very experienced, as they circulated the appetizers throughout the venue, and there was plenty of food for everybody. Our guests are still raving about the food, from the apps through our perfectly thought out dessert buffet. We can’t thank you enough for doing such an amazing job. You truly went above and beyond for us, thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017

Glorious Affairs was fantastic at my son's wedding. The food was over the top and the staff was gracious and personable. I would recommend them to anyone, oh wait, I do recommend them to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Amy R

If you are looking for amazing, quality food & professional catering services, you MUST book with Glorious Affairs catering. Barbara, Wendy & all of their chefs and staff made our wedding on 10/21/17 the most special occasion. From the first e-mails & meetings for tastings,... Read More Barbara was attentive, patient and helpful along the way. We felt completely at ease knowing they were handling everything and would deliver the BEST food for our big day. And THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT. The appetizers did NOT stop coming out – all of our guests said they couldn’t stop eating the amazing passed appetizers – shrimp cocktail, sweet potato fritters, tenderloin crostini and bacon-wrapped chicken. Staff members ensured that myself and the groom were able to enjoy them and followed us around with a tray, and I often had 3 items in my hands at once! The cheese and fruit spread was also INCREDIBLE. For the reception, we opted for a stations menu with two delicious salad options, a grill station with the best salmon, beef and chicken we have ever had, and then our favorite, A TACO STATION. Our friends and family have not stopped talking about the food, and everyone was very impressed by the presentation of each station and the quality service from the staff. Our dessert was a pie station with various fruit pies with ice cream and whipped cream and it was perfect. The table setup was EXACTLY how we envisioned everything and Barbara and Wendy were so incredibly kind and thoughtful and ensured we were all taken care of that night. Even things as simple as having a pitcher of water available for my mother and making a special plate of roasted potatoes for the groom were greatly appreciated. We can assure you that Glorious Affairs will go above and beyond to ensure your day is perfect and that your guests will be extremely impressed by the food and décor and will leave well-fed. Glorious Affairs deserves all of the awards and recognition and you shouldn’t shop around – they are truly THE BEST! We can’t thank you all enough for everything!!! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Emma D

I can't say enough wonderful things about Barbara and her staff! Glorious Affairs catered my sisters wedding this past may and will be doing my very own September of 2018. Now having worked with Barbara for two weddings I can safely say that other caterers that we considered do... Read More not even compare. Her attention to detail is amazing and she really does cater to your every need. The best in town!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Lisa B

Glorious Affairs catered our wedding at Glen Manor House this past May, and we could not have been happier!! We found Glorious Affairs because they were recommended to us by Glen Manor House, among other local caterers. What set Glorious Affairs apart was the level of service we... Read More could tell we would receive. We worked with Wendy, who from the start was just so generous and open. She really dedicated the time and energy to understand what we wanted and what would work for us. We wanted to offer food that was not only delicious but would also suit an array of dietary restrictions. My husband and I eat a paleo-ish diet, and I have some food sensitivities (eggs, wheat, and dairy) that can be really tricky to work around. Wendy helped to steer us in the direction of the dishes that would work for us and our guests' dietary restrictions, and we found that they had plenty of amazing options! In fact, we threw and almost entirely gluten-free wedding with plenty of options for vegans and vegetarians too. And I don't think any guests felt that anything was missing. In fact, so many people have been telling me how much they enjoyed the food! I had so much confidence in the quality of food at our tasting combined with the care I could tell Wendy was giving to us that I knew we had to go with Glorious Affairs. I also really appreciate that Glorious Affairs only caters one wedding per day, so you know that you are their #1 priority on the day of your wedding. Since they cater at Glen Manor House all the time it was also very comforting to know that everyone knew how the Manor House worked and would be able to make sure things went smoothly. On top of all of this Wendy also helped us to keep our costs as low as we possibly could, and the chef was able to recreate a special family mint recipe for me! That was very exciting. On the day of the wedding the entire Glorious Affairs team was so kind, professional, and respectful! It felt wonderful to have them all be a part of our day. I really cannot praise Glorious Affairs highly enough! They did such amazing work for us, and I want to especially thank Wendy for the all the time and kindness she gave to us. She really helped make our day exactly what we wanted it to be - a special, happy, fun day with some really amazing food!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Kayla F

Barbara and her staff delivered such a wonderful day full of great food and exceptional service! She was so easy to work with and really helped us plan an unforgettable event. She also did her best to accommodate our wants and needs within our budget and offered many new and... Read More creative suggestions. On our actual wedding day they took such good care of us that we felt as if they were part of our family! You won't regret choosing Glorious Affairs!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Glorious Affairs catered our wedding at the Glen Manor House in May. Working with Wendy Cobb was amazing from the first meeting through our wedding day. Wendy was very responsive to all of our questions and we appreciated her professional and honest opinions, as well as... Read More knowledge of our venue, as we were working out all of the details. The Glorious Affairs staff really delivered on our wedding day and we’ve received many compliments from our guests that the food at our wedding was not only the best they’ve ever had at a wedding, but some of the best food they’ve had. The quality of the ingredients and the presentation of the passed and plated dishes were superb. We would highly recommend Wendy and Glorious Affairs!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Donna C

We used Glorious Affairs to cater our wedding in Portsmouth, RI this September. Our event was an intimate gathering of approximately 50 people at Greenvale Vineyards. The Glorious Affairs staff made each of our guests feel catered to. The service and presentation was top notch... Read More throughout the entire event. The entire planning process with Glorious Affairs (Wendy) was a pleasure. She was amazing at addressing each of our concerns and offered creative suggestions that made the event truly memorable. Thank you Glorious Affairs!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kate F

Amazing! Barbara and her team were so easy to work with and made our out-of-state planning goes as smoothly as we could have ever imagined. Wendy was our day-of coordinator and could not have done a more perfect job of ensuring us and our guests were taken care of completely. We... Read More were assigned a staff member that made sure my husband and I were set with food and drinks throughout the night. At one point a staff member brought me a plate of appetizers out on the beach during photos because she knew I wouldn't make it to much of the cocktail hour. The food stations at the reception were fantastic! Our Florida friends are all still raving about the amazing New England station. The flow of the evening was seamless and it's all thanks to Glorious Affairs! THANK YOU Barbara, Wendy, and everyone at GA!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Patrick M

When planning your wedding, look no further than Glorious Affairs! Barbara and her staff went above and beyond in guiding us along in making sure that our reception was top notch with amazing food and service. From our first meeting with the Glorious Affairs staff, it was... Read More evident that they were trustworthy and reliable, which made the process stress free. Leading up to the event, they helped us in developing a great menu, creating the right decor for our venue, and the overall ins and outs of what we were looking for. The time and effort they put into planning our special day was amazing. Most of all, it was nice to work with such great people who truly care about your wedding, and who go to great lengths to make it memorable. Glorious Affairs is the best of the best!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Julie H

Wonderful experience. Barbara was a creative and warm guide from our first conversations through the wedding reception. We had our reception at a small house and yard and Barbara did great job working with us to make the logistics work. Food (Sea Bass, beef filet and... Read More vegetarian tortellini) was superb -- guests (and hosts) very happy. GA also had a really nice staff -- very professional - excellence all the way around and a beautiful event.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Olivia R

Glorious Affairs catered my wedding and they did a fantastic job! All my guests raved about the food during and after the wedding. Even though me and my husband were busy throughout the night, the staff came over with a plate full of all the different appetizers during the... Read More cocktail hour and left different desserts at our table at the end of the so that we could taste everything! I almost didn't have main entree because I was going around and talking to all my guests but I am so happy that I sat down to eat because the beef tenderloin was by far one of the best I ever ate! Working with Wendy was such a pleasure. Right from the start she made me and my mom feel so comfortable and really helped us plan so many details of our wedding. The two things that we really wanted was good food and to have the wedding go smoothly and Wendy and her team made sure both of those things happened. Wendy was always very responsive and very sincere when we asked her opinion on certain things. I highly recommend Wendy and Glorious Affairs!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Michelle G

I can not say enough about this company. From the very beginning Barbara and her staff were amazing. They were there to answer any and every question we had. My husband and I had two different ideas of what kind of food we wanted. Glorious Affairs was able to meet both of our... Read More ideas! It was amazing, such a great day with such professional staff. I recommend them to every new bride I meet. They truly made my day amazing, I can not imagine having gone with another company!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Marcy K

Glorious Affairs catered my daughters wedding in August and did a wonderful job. The food was terrific and the staff(Wendy) was easy to work with. They were truly 5 stars plus!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Savanna B

The Glorious Affairs team was absolutely fabulous! Everyone from Barbara, to the caterers themselves went above and beyond to make our wedding special. I was able to have everything I ever wanted and more. The food exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to plan more events... Read More with Glorious Affairs!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kaitlin H

Wendy Cobb and her team at Glorious Affairs were amazing from the day we met her until our wedding at the Towers on 5/20/16. Kait felt like Wendy was a family member because she was so welcoming and made Kait felt very comfortable with any questions she might have. Wendy even... Read More calmed down Kait over the phone one day when Kait thought something might go wrong. They were very organized and everything was on time at the wedding. There were all empty plates delivered back to the kitchen and everyone raved about the food. Their presentations were exactly what we were looking for...classy and thoughtful. We even enjoyed going to pick out the linens in Newport with Wendy to make our day feel so special and unique. The servers also kept our glasses filled at the wedding and made sure we were happy. I would highly recommend Wendy and her team at Glorious Affairs.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Thomas G

Made our wedding an absolutely spectacular affair. We could have not asked for a better caterer. The quality of food, the use of local ingredients, and the attention to detail were all amazing. Highly recommend them to anyone planning an event in the New England area.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Adam D

there is a reason Glorious Affairs is a 'Best of the Knot' Hall of Famer. Gaile and her team were so great helping us with our menu and delivering an outstanding experience. The food was great, which we expected. The help they also provided with linens, furniture rentals, etc... Read More also we a huge relief. Everything from appetizers to salads to entree's were great. Our tasting with Gaile was a great experience and put us at ease that food was something we did not have to worry about. As the groom, one thing I unexpectedly appreciated was Gaile's attenion on the night of our wedding. She worked to coordinate her staff as well as my wife and I's time throughout the night (we did not have a wedding planner). Gaile even forced us to sit down and eat our meals. Our feedback from guest was extremely positive.

2016-10-27T15:09:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Adam on behalf of Gaile and myself! Our best to you and Lauren!