Book Your Wedding with Goei Center

A HISTORIC VENUE IN GRAND RAPIDS, MI

Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the Goei Center is ideal for couples seeking historical charm and elegance.  Formerly the Kindel Furniture Factory, this loft-like area is decorated with exposed brick walls and original dark hardwood flooring.  The entire facility is 15,000 square feet and can host up to 400 guests, so many couples take advantage of this space by using it for both the ceremony and reception.

The Showroom. This is the main area of the building, in which many couples choose to hold their ceremony. A unique focal point is the Koi pond that is always stocked with beautifully colored fish. Eastern Floral, the Goei Center’s floral services, keeps this space decorated with seasonal flowers in neutral colors to coordinate with your preferred color palette.

Wood columns, light-colored exposed brick walls and large pipes spanning the ceiling provide an urban, yet refined, vibe. Large light fixtures with recessed lighting offers plenty of light for photos. In addition to floral arrangements, other decorations can also be added. Eastern Floral has additional decor for rental too.

Many couples choose to say their vows in front of the stunning brick walls.  On the opposite side of this room is a lounge area and new, expansive bar.  This is ideal for a cocktail reception while waiting to enter the main reception area.  Brides and grooms also like to use the couches for bridal party photos.

Banquet Room. With more exposed brick and wood beams, this room carries out the rustic urban theme of the building. Like the Showroom, this space has high ceilings, but makes use of chandeliers to lend a more formal feel.

There is plenty of room for caterers and entertainers to host a large crowd and still have additional space for enjoying the reception. For example, a typical layout would include numerous tables with a DJ corner and dance floor out front. This still leaves breathing room for mingling as well as setting up food tables.

The Bridal Suite. The Bridal Suite is especially helpful for those holding both a ceremony and reception at the Goei Center.  This area can be used for the bride to get dressed, for the wedding party to prepare or for storage purposes during the celebration.

The Goei Center now has a large custom bar and lounge area, situated along a stunning exposed brick wall.  The venue also offers three large chandeliers (included in the rental rate) that can be placed wherever you prefer within the space.  It's important to note that all fresh flowers and candles need to be purchased through Eastern Floral, which is the Goei Center's exclusive florist company.  Artificial flowers and DIY arrangements can be provided by the couple, and the facility also offers other decor options (including extra chandeliers) for an additional cost.

While tables and chairs are included with the rental fee, but there is a limit.  Any tables and chairs needed to accommodate more than 350 people will cost extra.  Many couples and guests have said that no chair covers are needed, as the ballroom chairs are comfortable and attractive.  The facility's staff will take care of all the set-up and cleanup of the event area and this comes with the rental.  Security and self-parking in the two large, onsite private parking lots are also covered by the rental cost.

All catering is provided by outside vendors, but it must be by one of the Goei Center's preferred service providers.  The facility works with several affordable companies, and all are in the Grand Rapids area for convenience.  Goei Center has a liquor license, and there is no minimum requirement for bar service.  Couples are invited to come in for wine and signature cocktail tastings to firm up their bar selections before the celebration.  Couples may bring in the vendor of their choice for desserts, cakes, and late-night snacks.

• Audio equipment available
  • Valet parking service available
  • Complimentary on site parking for up to 250 guests
  • A separate storage area for caterers, DJs, bands and other vendors is available
  • Conveniently located minutes away from downtown Grand Rapids

Be Inspired!

Formerly the Kindel Furniture Factory, the Goei Center is a loft-style venue with modern urban elegance and features industrial chic design elements.

Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Service Staff

Bow2018

818 Butterworth St SW, Grand Rapids, MI (616) 949-2421
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Whitney T

I can't even begin to explain how truly wonderful it was to work with Lindsay @ The Goei Center. She literally got me though planning my wedding in 5 months from across the country- which allowed me to keep my sanity through it all ;) We had our wedding, cocktail hour, &... Read More reception all at the venue and it was beyond breath taking! Every question & email was answered in a very timely matter with such kindness and patience. Not only did I get to work with a expert wedding coordinator, but I also made a friend! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING Lindsay!!

2017-09-20T12:53:22 Response from the vendor

Whitney, you are the best! It was so much fun planning with you for your special day--a true honor. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it all, for your sweet words and for the friendship that formed out of it :)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Angie J

Lindsay, the wedding coordinator, was a dream to work with. She made planning super easy and was really attentive to detail and quick to respond to emails. The venue looked wonderful the night of our reception, and we received so many compliments from our guests. We loved the... Read More Goei Center's unique character, yet it was classy enough for what we wanted. You won't be disappointed if you choose Goei for your big day.

2016-09-28T06:50:00 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet, Angie! Thank you so much for your kind words :) Many years of happiness to you and Ryan as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Kelly B

The Goei Center is an absolutely gorgeous, very unique venue! We had our wedding reception there in June and it could not have been a more perfect day. We've received so many compliments on our venue choice! Lindsay, the wedding coordinator at Goei, was hands down one of the... Read More best people I worked with while planning our wedding. I simply adore her. Lindsay is one of the most organized, kind, helpful people I had the pleasure of working with. Honestly, she is the one who kept me sane during the wedding planning process. You will not be disappointed if you choose Goei as your venue!!

2016-08-21T17:44:00 Response from the vendor

Awww Kelly, you are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words :) You and Adam were an absolute JOY to work with and get to know. I wish you many years of happiness as husband and wife! :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Megan Y

The Goei Center was an absolutely perfect location for our recent reception. Lindsay the coordinator, was honestly nothing short of amazing. She responded to all my phone calls and e-mails promptly and was SO pleasant to work with. She made sure everything was exactly how I... Read More envisioned. We could not have been more pleased! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Lindsay, for making our special day the best day ever!!

2016-06-07T07:56:04 Response from the vendor

Your kind words are so appreciated!! I am thrilled to hear it was the best day ever for you :) That is our number one goal. I wish you all the very best in your future as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Kelly M

I do not have enough good things to say about the team at the Goei Center!! My husband and I booked the Goei Center about 2 years out from our wedding date. Lindsey, the wedding coordinator, was there every step of the way! I was so impressed with how quickly she responded to... Read More all of my questions. It was so comforting to know that Lindsey was behind the scenes of the most important day of our lives. Blake was my contact for our bar service and he was nothing but helpful and responsive and made the entire process so easy! I received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful and unique the space was. I would absolutely recommend this space for any type of special event. The night of, the entire staff made us feel right at home and assisted us with anything we needed. Thank you all for making our night one we will always remember!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Siarra P

The venue was absolutely gorgeous. It had so much character that decorating was hardly necessary. All the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to share our love with family and friends.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Bree S

The Goei Center is a unique wedding venue with lots of character! We had both our wedding ceremony & reception at the Goei Center and it was the perfect day! We received numerous compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how they loved how much space it... Read More offers. Lindsay, the coordinator, was fantastic to work with! She was easy to get ahold of, always answered all of my questions and made planning my wedding very easy! She is amazing at her job and was such a pleasure to work with! I am extremely happy that we chose to have our wedding day at the Goei Center!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Hannah C

The Goei Center was a PERFECT hidden gem on the West side of Grand Rapids! My husband was very laid back about wedding planning and tended to not care too much about most of the details but when we walked into this venue to check it out, he turned to me and he said "I don't... Read More really care about much of this planning, but I definitely want to get married here, please." For him to say that - he obviously loved it! Lindsay, the coordinator, was fabulous to work with, very responsive with emails and all questions. She made everything seamless and go fantastically. Unfortunately, she could not be there on our wedding day, but her intern did an awesome job as well. We have received numerous compliments about our wedding venue from both family and friends. We could not have chosen a better place! I recommend it to everyone when I find out they're getting married!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Andrea W

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for the "Best Day Ever"! Lindsay and Jane were terrific to work with and they accommodated my daughter and son in laws very spirited wedding! From the ceremony, cocktail reception and dinner, their staff was professional and we hear rave... Read More reviews from our guests. Thank you for making Alex and Ethan's day so special!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Megan S

Lindsay, Jane & the staff at Goei were amazing to work with. I loved having the separate space for cocktail hour with the open floor plan. There was so much room - we had 2 sets of bags / boards out for guests to play together. Plenty of space to group up and chat also. The... Read More unique style of the venue was exactly what we wanted and our photographer got some great shots. I'd definitely recommend to anyone looking for something different from a country club. <3

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Grace H

The venue is absolutely beautiful and everyone at the venue was amazing. My husband and I were able to plan seamlessly from afar. We had a wonderful and absolutely loved being married at the center as well as having our reception there. I am grateful for all the help of Lindsay... Read More and Jane Goei! I wouldn't have had my special day at any other place.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Carly O

I had a fantastic experience working with the Goei Center. Not only is the space absolutely beautiful but Lindsay was SO helpful with everything. She responded so quickly to all of my emails and provided much needed guidance and help from the start to the finish. I highly... Read More recommend going with the Goei Center for your special day!

2017-07-20T10:37:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much, Carly! You were an absolutely JOY to work with and get to know :) We truly appreciate your recommendation. Cheers!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Jenna C

The Goei Center is a magical, industrial oasis and is a perfect space for any event. Our guests could not stop raving about it. I knew the moment I walked in that it was our venue. The space decorates itself and is a hidden treasure on the West Side of Grand Rapids. Lindsay, the... Read More wedding coordinator, is absolutely amazing as is the entire staff at the Goei. I highly recommend the Goei Center to anyone looking for a fun, unique space to entertain guests.

2017-06-13T15:05:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jenna! We appreciate your recommendation greatly. We may use your creative descriptive term "industrial oasis"...Love it :) Thank you again for your sweet words about our staff and our space!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Allison D

The Goei Center was an amazing place to have our wedding! Lindsay was great to work with. She always answered emails very timely and even let us know before a vacation (months before our wedding) she would be gone. Everything at the Goei went perfect. Working with Lindsay made... Read More wedding planning easy. I was a little nervous about not being able to set up until the day of (which meant I wouldn't be there), but with the help of friends and the amazing staff everything turned out exactly as I pictured it. The large space was great, as no one felt cramped and so many guests complimented us on the fact it was the coolest venue they had ever been too. If I was to do it again, I would have it at the Goei. I have nothing but good things to say. The night went very smoothly and if there was an issue or a question the staff handled it without letting me or my husband know (even though I don't think there was).

2017-06-13T14:57:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Allison! It was an honor to be a part of your special day :) We are happy to hear you would return if you had to do it all over again :)

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Kortney K

The venue was perfect! The entire day went flawlessly thanks to the help of Lindsay and the great staff! All of the guests we blown away by the beautiful ceremony and reception space! Kortney K

2017-06-13T14:59:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kortney :) We truly appreciate your recommendation and are happy to hear everything went flawlessly!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Katy H

The Goei Center is SO beautiful. The staff is wonderful. Lindsay is so great at her job as the wedding coordinator. Everything went great. The new bar is awesome. I love that everything is on one level at this venue, makes it easier for older guests. So thankful we chose Goei... Read More Center as our venue!

2017-05-09T08:52:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Katy! You and Bill were absolutely a joy to work with and get to know throughout the entire process. Your special day with us was magical :) We are grateful you chose US! Cheers to you as husband and wife!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Callie J

Absolutely stunning venue. The guests loved the rooms and the character The Goei center has to offer. Everyone was so flexible and easy to work with. Extremely pleased with my experience with the Goei center!

2017-03-24T14:35:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are happy to hear you were extremely pleased :) We appreciate your kind words!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Sarah P

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Goei Center. I have nothing but positive things to say. Lindsay would respond to my e-mails in less than 24 hours, which coming from a bride is a great thing to have. She made sure everything happened on time and was organized.... Read More All of my vendors were there on time.... Thanks to Lindsay. From my guest, both my husband and I, have heard nothing but positive reviews about how nicely everything flowed, how beautiful the venue was and so much more. I would highly recommend the Goei Center to anyone!

2017-02-07T15:37:31 Response from the vendor

Sarah, your kind words are greatly appreciated! You and Joe were a joy to work with :) Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the planning process and your special day! All the very best to you both in married life :)

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Brooke B

Where do I even begin? My husband Thom and I had our ceremony and reception at the Goei Center 1/7/17. From start of the wedding planning to the very end of our reception it was perfect! Lindsay and Jane made the entire process so simple with quick emails, suggestions, staying... Read More in touch with other vendors, to making sure everything was perfect the day of. The venue is absolutely stunning! The entire night we had countless guest compliment on how beautiful and elegant everything was. I could not have imagined a more perfect place for our big day! From the amazing staff to the gorgeous hard wood floors and brick walls, 10 out of 10 easily. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding exceed any expectations. Highly recommend the Goei Center! -Brooke Normandin

2017-02-07T15:34:41 Response from the vendor

You are the absolute sweetest, Brooke! You and Thom were such a pleasure to work with :) Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it all and for your recommendation. Many years of happiness to you as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Jessica H

The Goei Center was the first and only wedding venue we looked at before deciding that it was the perfect place for us to get married and host our wedding reception. Lindsay was absolutely amazing right from the beginning! She was prompt to answer all of our questions, no matter... Read More the time or day; she made sure we were completely prepared for our wedding day; and she was even there on the day of to make sure the ceremony ran smoothly as well as the reception. We had one mix up with our cake vendor and she even went out of her way to take care of that for us with no issues! She communicated with all of our vendors throughout the process, helping to make everything run so smoothly and without stress. We really appreciate all of your help Lindsay! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator to work with! I have to mention Blake as well, because he was equally as awesome! He took over for Lindsay on the night of our wedding, and made sure everything went smoothly from there. Thank you so much, Blake! As for the venue itself, it was beautiful! We received countless compliments from our guests on how amazing and unique the Goei Center was. The set-up of the venue from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception dinner, was all laid out so perfectly. It was a flawless spot for our New Year's Eve wedding! The Goei Center also hosted our bar. Jane worked with me on the menu and other bar related details, and she was great! All of the bartenders were amazing as well, and Cory especially, was exceptional! My guests loved him! Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Goei Center! You were all so amazing, and you helped create a wedding day that we will remember and cherish forever! We truly appreciate all of your hard work!

2017-02-07T15:44:31 Response from the vendor

Wow. Jessica, you are the absolute sweetest! I appreciate your kind words greatly :) You and Conner were so very sweet to work with and were so much fun! Thank you again for your extremely lovely and thoughtful review. All the very best to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

My wedding at the Goei Center was perfect! The entire staff was so helpful, friendly, and professional. They really went above and beyond. The event coordinator Lindsay was awesome! She was so helpful with every detail. I would recommend the Goei Center for any special event!

2016-11-20T15:09:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you kindly, Amber! You were a joy to work with :) I truly appreciate your recommendation and am happy to hear it was 'perfect' :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Aubrey V

The Goei Center itself is a beautiful wedding and reception venue. I loved having both there so guests do not have to travel after the ceremony. Lindsay was the most helpful person I could have asked for throughout this entire process. She gave me recommendations on vendors I... Read More had no clue about! She was quick to respond to emails and was always willing to help. She releived so much stress by all of this help and her expertise. She was at the ceremony which was so kind of her to make the process go smoothly.

2016-11-20T15:17:23 Response from the vendor

Awww, you are too sweet, Aubrey :) Thank you so very much for your kind words! I am very pleased to hear I could help relieve some stress for you and make your special day a memorable one. Cheers!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Lindsey B

The Goei Center was fantastic! The venue is so modernly beautiful that few decorations were required. The chairs that come automatically with the venue are stunning, don't require any covers, and normally very expensive on their own. Everyone who helped us, from Lindsay, to... Read More Michaela, to John? (the security guard), were an absolute pleasure to work with. This venue is spacious, and interesting, and can be set up a multitude of different ways. I saw it set up four different ways, just from my visits alone! I would highly recommend The Goei Center!

2016-11-20T15:14:08 Response from the vendor

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated, Lindsey! We are so happy to hear you were thrilled on your special day with us :) Cheers to you !

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Russell B

The Goei Center is a BEAUTIFUL venue for any occasion, especially a wedding or reception. All of our guests were in complete awe! We received many compliments on the beauty of the venue. The warm, industrial-style interior of the building was perfect for our reception. Lindsay,... Read More Blake, and the entire staff at Goei Center exceeded our expectations and were instrumental in making our day truly special. I would recommend this venue for anyone looking for a gorgeous space to rent. Thank you to everyone at the Goei Center!

2016-11-20T15:11:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations :) Cheers to you as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Libby H

For our wedding, we used the Goei Center for both the ceremony and reception. Lindsay was wonderful! She was always very prompt with communication and helpful in every aspect of the wedding planning process, including the wedding day. She helped us coordinate and work with our... Read More various vendors to make our day a reality. Everything went smoothly, and Lindsay was there to personally make sure everything went as we had planned. Thank you, Lindsay!

2016-09-28T06:54:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Libby! It was my pleasure in helping to make everything run smoothly. You were such a joy to work with :) Many years of happiness to you and Nathan!!

Meet The Coordinator

Lindsay Lieffers

I would be honored to work with you for your special day here at the Goei! I truly love my job and am passionate about helping you create lifelong memories. Contact me directly at [email protected] for an informative venue packet. I look forward to possibly working with you!