INSPIRING EVENTS.

With historic architecture and inventive design, GoggleWorks is a distinctive venue for all types of events. Original hardwood floors, high ceilings, natural light and exposed brick walls provide a one-of-a-kind environment for every occasion; whether it’s all business or just for fun. Our building, a former safety goggle factory, has eclectic spaces – ranging from intimate galleries to open industrial loft-like studios. Let our creative environment trigger new thinking at your small off-site business meeting. Let our neutral spaces be the perfect backdrop for customizing your special moments. Our goal is to help you craft a memorable experience with ease.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Museum, Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Service Staff

201 Washington Street, Reading, PA

Unique and stunning atmosphere

Reviewed on 11/18/2013

I had my wedding at the Goggleworks this past Saturday. Margaret Murphy, the events coordinator, is a joy to work with. From start to finish she made our day amazing! She is efficient, organized, and extremely helpful. She is very responsive and easy to work with. On top of all... Read More of it, she is extremely down to earth, which really helped me keep my stress level down. We used the second floor reception hall. It has exposed brick walls and hard wood floors. If you are looking for a modern/industrial/unique/gorgeous reception setting this is the place. Everyone told us how beautiful the room is and how unique it was to have a wedding there. The reception hall gave our guests a comfortable but sophisticated feel. I would recommend Goggleworks to anyone, but especially someone who has a deep appreciation for art and creativity. Further, when renting space from Goggleworks, you get plenty of time to set up and break down. The kitchen is gorgeous, with a huge freezer, fridge, and warming oven. Book goggleworks! They made my day so special!! Also, makes for stunning photos!

2013-11-20T11:17:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you Thuy! It was a joy to work with you and Cory. Your wedding was amazing and you both worked so hard to see it come to life. I wish you both all the best in your life together and thank you so much... Read Less Read More

The Best experience would recommend to anyone

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Kelly C

The GoogleWorks and the staff was amazing. If you are looking for a place for your wedding and reception the GoogleWorks is PERFECT!! Our wedding was beautiful Margaret and her staff was amazing and did everything to make our day special we had no worries.

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Corrin D

My wedding was everything I wanted it to be!! The goggleworks staff was super helpful! The day ran so smooth and everything looked great! Only thing I will say is be prepared to have to do a little more work then maybe choosing a venue that has everything included. I had to... Read More supply my own linens, lights, etc... but overall I wouldn't change a thing!!

Beautiful reception space

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kaitlin A

Both our ceremony and reception were held at the GoggleWorks. It is a beautiful space for a reception.

Wonderful wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kaitlin A

The GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is a wonderful wedding venue. My husband and I held both our ceremony and reception at this venue, renting out the room on the fourth floor for the ceremony and the room on the second floor for the reception. The spaces are so beautiful that... Read More you do not have to do much in regards of decoration. The GoggleWorks also provides chairs and tables as part of the space rental. Margaret is incredibly nice and wonderful to work with. Every staff person we interacted with was super friendly and helpful.

Most amazing place for a wedding-10/25/14

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Becky M

We had our ceremony and reception at The GoggleWorks in Reading, PA and we can't say enough about how wonderful the facility was!! Margaret Murphy, the events director/coordinator, was so incredibly easy to work with and very responsive to my multiple questions leading up to the... Read More wedding. The facility itself was such a cool, unique place for a wedding- the guests could walk around the facility and look at the work of the very talented artists that have their studios there. All the guests I spoke with were raving about how great GW was. They also had a great list with lots of vendor options. We were able to find an amazing group of vendors to create the most beautiful day for us. I would highly recommend the GoggleWorks for a wedding or any other important event!!!!

GoggleWorks is perfect!

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Jamie F

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at GoggleWorks in Reading. It was such a beautiful and unique venue! It didn't take much decorating to make the studio look picture perfect. Margaret, the events coordinator, was an absolute joy to work with. She always... Read More responded to emails promptly and thoroughly. The venue was reasonably priced, and we were able to choose our own caterer. I would highly recommend GoggleWorks to anyone!

AMAZING VENUE & AMZING FACILITIES COORDINATOR

Reviewed on 8/17/2013

I worked with Margaret for over a year, ironing out all the details of my wedding (07.20.13). I had questions and she always had the answers. If she didn't, she'd find them. GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is a very unique location for a wedding. I loved it the moment I saw it... Read More online and it's even better in person! Our guests raved about the venue and still talk about the wedding. You have the liberty to transform it into your vision and that is exactly what I did, along with Margaret guiding me in terms of policies and in answering any questions I had. Look at it as a blank canvas! We made it into something that represented us as a couple. You can do the same! We had our ceremony and reception at GoggleWorks Center for the Arts. The service was great. The quality was great. The value was great. It met our expectations and beyond! I would recommend this venue to everyone! You won't be disappointed!

2013-08-19T09:43:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! It always makes my day to hear that people had happy wedding days here. I wish you all the best and thanks for supporting GoggleWorks! Sincerely, Margaret

Goggleworks Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Maritza G

Absolutely amazing venue!! The hardwood floors and brick walls made the pictures look so beautiful. And the staff went above and beyond to make our day special. Will use again for future events.

2013-07-03T09:55:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words and for your support of GoggleWorks! I am so glad to hear that your reception was special. Best Wishes! -Margaret

Wedding of awesomeness

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Jesse S

We had our reception at goggle works a few weeks ago, and I couldn't have been happier! Their staff was so helpful and accommodating, they let me have the freedom to bring in my own vendors, make my own decorations, and even come in a day early to get situated! Their coordinator... Read More margaret was a HUGE help with planning our wedding and answered any and all questions I had! I really recommend goggle works if you want a really unique and customizable wedding!

2013-01-24T10:32:10 Response from the vendor

"Wedding of awesomeness," I love that! Your wedding was truly awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to review GoggleWorks, we certainly appreciate it and we are so happy you had such a great experience with us. Wishing you wonderful days ahead! -Margaret

Venue

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Meleka A

This place was amazing and the staff was great! beautiful place

2013-01-24T10:30:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your comments, it makes the staff very happy to hear this and we appreciate your support! All the best! -Margaret

Such a beautiful location

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 Aileen L

GoggleWorks was the perfect location for my wedding. It has so much charm and is absolutely beautiful. The staff was wonderful. I was able to get my decorator in the room days before the wedding and I had the location to myself to decorate and store all the rentals and... Read More alcohol. Margaret was great to work with, she's friendly and accommodating. I truly enjoyed everything about GoggleWorks and would recommend this location to everyone!

2013-01-24T10:33:20 Response from the vendor

I am thrilled to hear about your experience with us and I absolutely appreciate the kind words. Thank you so much for choosing to host your wedding at GoggleWorks and I wish you all the best! -Margaret

December wedding

Reviewed on 1/16/2012 Emily C

This was an amazing alternative space for our December wedding! My new-husband and I loved the industrial feel...yet when it came time for our wedding, the space transferred into a romantic venue. The staff were great to work with - very informative and flexible. I would... Read More recommend this venue to anyone who wants an outside-of-the-box wedding!

2013-01-24T10:35:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this review, we do certainly appreciate it! I am so glad that you were happy with the venue and your experience. It means so much to be able to provide brides and people such a unique venue and it is... Read Less Read More

Awesome venue

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 tahnya h

I held my ceremony and reception at the goggleworks and everything was perfect. The event manager margaret was amazing and very helpful through the entire process.

2013-01-24T10:30:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review, it means a lot to hear this! We were so pleased that you hosted your wedding at GoggleWorks. Wishing you all the best! -Margaret

Meet The Events Director

Margaret Elaine Murphy

Margaret Murphy has enjoyed working at GoggleWorks for the past 10 years. She's been the Events Rental Director since 2008 and loves working with couples to help ensure they have an amazing wedding. She is from Reading, PA originally and received her B.F.A. in painting from Savannah College of Art and Design, in 2003. Besides working at an art center, she enjoys spending time seeing live music, traveling, spending time with family and friends, baking, and writing. Book your wedding at GoggleWorks- you'll have a unique day that truly suits you!