Great Celebrations Begin with Good Food

Congratulations on your engagement! Let our experienced team design a menu that reflects who you are and what you love. From the creators of Charleston’s favorite restaurants-39 Rue de Jean, Coast, and Virginia's on King- GFC wants to help make your special day stress free & delicious!

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

17 Lockwood Dr, Charleston, SC (843) 723-7952

Incredible Food!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Ava C

The catering from Good Food Catering was absolutely perfect! We received so many complements on the food. Everything from the appetizers,dinner,dessert, and the late night snacks were fantastic. They have a huge menu to choose from from and they are more than willing to work... Read More with you on anything special you may want.

Great food and service

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Emily W

Good Food Catering did an excellent job at my wedding. The food they offer is some of the best in South Carolina. They were very professional and catered to me and my husband's needs. We wanted to change some of the drink options for our open bar and they were more than willing... Read More to work with us. I would definitely recommend Good Food Catering and would use them again!

Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 Christy H

Thank you Good Food Catering for such amazing food at my wedding. The quality and presentation was the best in Charleston! Also, thank you for the special "Australian" meat pies. The perfect touch for my husband and his family.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Suzonne M

The food was out of this world wonderful! We had a lovely tasting and was able to choose exactly what we wanted to eat for our rehearsal and wedding reception dinner. Our only complaint would be they served the wrong beer during our reception (one we unfortunately did not care... Read More for at all) and did not put forks out with our cake. My mother in law had to find someone to scrape up some forks so our guests could enjoy our cake. If you're looking for great food, Good Food is the way to go! They just need to iron out those fine details.

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Katie T

The food was wonderful. I did passed hors d'oeuvres and stations for a day wedding. I also asked for special mini pies. I loved all the food but my favorite was the blueberry mini pie, and it wasn't even on their menu. They really work with you for special orders. I also really... Read More enjoyed the mac and cheese and lobster. Also their caprese salad was so cute and served on mini forks.

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Amy D

The food was wonderful - The service by Jenna (our coordinator), which included a poor and unprofessional attitude, was not. We were told setup was included on the contract (and had discussions about personal table runners and table number placement) until the day prior to the... Read More wedding, in which we were told certain items would not be placed. Her reply was something to the effect of "everyone knows caterers don't do that." I've never been married before and wasn't aware of typical expectations and relied on vendors for specific guidance. I was also confused because the contract stated they do all setup and because we had specific conversations about personal items that she said would be setup. We only had table runners, numbers and favors. I had to ask extended family to run over the morning of the wedding to take care of that. Then the caterers took our bakery items at the end of the reception and bottles of alcohol, which we purchased ourselves and provided. My mom had told Jenna she was going to grab bags to pack up the remainder of cookies (we had out as snacks), to find that they were gone 5 minutes later when she went back with the bags. Nobody claimed they knew where the cookies went. They also didn't serve both flavors of cake, or ensure that there was cake available at all times. We had many guests who didn't get a slice. They also threw out our favors that were on the tables while our guests were dancing. We personally bagged pralines with tags for our guests - not to have them thrown out! I realize not everything goes perfectly, and we expected a minor issue or two to pop up, most of which our guests I'm sure wouldn't realize, but what really stung was her attitude after we addressed our concerns. She disputed every detail and even went so far as to say the florist was talking poorly about me, which A) was completely unrelated and unnecessary and B) was completely surprising - we loved the florist and felt the whole process was easy with the florist! There were no apologies, just disputes and attitudes. With that said, the food was great - compliments to the chef! I recommended if you go with them to ask for someone other than Jenna as a coordinator.

Amazing Food & Bar Service!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Arden R

When you book the Rice Mill, I believe you must use Good Food. It was easier for us at least, so we did and boy was it amazing! Note that the price I listed is also for full bar service for about 160 people. As for the food, it was some of the best food I've had a wedding. They... Read More have a full kitchen onsite so everything was hot and delicious. We had passed apps during cocktail hour of lobster mac & cheese, baby lamp chops & bacon wrapped shrimp and scallops. We then had two stations, one a full Italian station with chicken, shrimp, and 3 sauces and the second was a pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and asparagus. YUM! It was soooo good and Eve at the Historic Rice Mill is so easy to work with. Highly recommend this company for one of your biggest wedding expenses.

Pour it up, pour it up!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Cassandra L

I used Good Food for food and bar and would recommend to anyone interested. Everyone loved the bartenders! They were so kind, funny, professional, fast, and friendly! Good Food also gives you the option to have a mixer only bar which means you provide the alcohol while they... Read More provide the mixers and the bartenders. We were able to save tons of money this way - just be prepared to get the alcohol to and from the venue (if there is any left over).

Amazing food

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Jessica C

Delicious food that everyone enjoyed! Eve gray was a pleasure to work with as well. Highly recommend the historic rice mill and good food catering.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Andrew K

My wife and I can not thank GFC enough for what they did to make our wedding night perfect. The flooding from Joaquin made our wedding a little more interesting as a lot of Charleston was blocked off from access due to flooded roads. GFC being one of the places blocked from... Read More access. I don't know what they had to do to get to their kitchen, but they braved the flooded streets to be able to provide the food and beverages at our wedding. This really meant a lot to us and not only that but the services and friendliness of the staff was excellent. On top of that the food was to die for. GFC worked with us up until the last few days of our wedding to make sure the menu was perfect. We appreciate everything they did for us and I will always recommend them to anyone that needs catering in that area. Sincerely Drew and Ally

Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Kelsey B

Good Food Catering is the in-house caterer for our reception venue - The Historic Rice Mill. We were able to have a tasting with tons of options and narrowed down our choices. The final result at the reception was amazing! The food was delicious and we received tons of... Read More compliments on "the best wedding food"! The bar set up was great and no long lines! The presentation was also beautifully done and service was great. I highly recommend Good Food, they also do off-site catering!

Beach Bride

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Lindsey L

Good Food was incredible! I worked with Emily who went above and beyond my expectations. She helped me with EVERYTHING! The entire staff was exceptional and polite and of course the food was amazing! We had a homestyle southern buffet with fried chicken, veggies and mac n... Read More cheese, along with a little mexican fiesta of shrimp and beef tacos. Their setup was beautiful and I would call on them for any upcoming events I have in the future. They went above and beyond the normal expectations of JUST being a caterer.

Great experience

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Jessica A

They really worked with us. We are big foodies and our coordinator Susan really paid attention to all of our picky details and helped us create a menu that was perfect for us. They made sure everything the day of ran smoothly we actually had food leftover and they packed a... Read More basket for us to take with us-which we needed because there was no time to eat at our event.

2011-11-18T11:04:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Jessica, for the kind words! We are so very glad that you and your guests were happy with the meal, and we were thankful to be a part of the day for you and Frank!

Wow! GFC was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Jamie D

Good Food Catering and Emily made our wedding day a day to remember. Every detail was perfect and everyone raved that it was some of the best food at a wedding they have ever had. I was so happy with everything! Emily was a huge help in helping us make all the small and big... Read More decisions. Thank you Good Food Catering for a wonderful wedding reception!

Very Professional

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Jennilyn S

I mainly worked with Emily from Good Food Catering and I could not have been happier. She was organized, professional and easy to get a long with. The food and service was amazing during the reception!

2011-11-18T11:02:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words, Jennilyn! It was the perfect Southern garden wedding along with all the great personal touches you added! We were thankful to be a part of the day for you and Brent!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Julia P

The Historic Rice Mill was my dream venue for my destination wedding in Charleston. I had the pleasure of working with Emily and she was so helpful! She made everything incredibly stress-free for me (which was great, given that I'm based in St. Louis) and worked to make sure... Read More my wedding vision came to life. We had our ceremony and reception there, which was perfect. The food was AMAZING (the catering is in-house which is great since they're affiliated with some of Charleston's top restaurants). As was the service. Our guests loved everything, and couldn't stop commenting on how beautiful the venue was. I can't speak highly enough about the venue, or of Emily Weidle. My wedding was everything I could have wanted it to be.

2011-11-18T11:05:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Julia! It was our pleasure having you and Marcus here at the Rice Mill, and we couldn't be more happy that you had such a great experience and your day was perfect!

Good Food Catering = GOOD FOOD!

Reviewed on 8/31/2011 Tori B

We LOVED our catering at our wedding at the Rice Mill Building. They are really good about sitting down and figuring out the perfect selections for your event and will really tell you what they think. We worked with Emily Weidle and she was AWESOME!

2011-11-18T11:01:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Tori! It was our pleasure to be a part of the day for you and Ben. I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed the dinner, the place and yourself looked beautiful!

april wedding

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Kayla F

AWESOME venue!! emily is the best and the venue is gorgeous...right on the water....everything about this place is perfect!

2011-11-18T11:00:14 Response from the vendor

That's so sweet Kayla, thank you so much! I hope married life is going great, and look forward to seeing you and Matt around town sometime!

our july 1st wedding

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Malissa B

I worked with Emily. She went above and beyond my expectations. Everything was wonderful.

2011-11-18T10:58:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Malissa! It was our pleasure being a part of the beautiful day for you and Jason at Tidewater. I loved the bright colors you used, it was such a happy day!

Delicious Food, Impeccable Service

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Julia C

Everyone is still raving about how delicious the food was and how impeccable the service was. We had stations set up and they never let the food run out! The wait staff and bartenders were friendly and efficient. I found Good Food Catering to be very flexible and our event... Read More coordinator, Emily, very nice and knowledgeable. They let us bring our own alcohol and mixers, so as far as beverages went, we only paid them for the bartenders (which was a HUGE savings). They coordinated all of our rental items and set up all of our tables, chairs, linens, and placed the centerpieces on the table. And at the end of the night, they packed up a basket with all the leftover food (there wasn't much!), our cupcakes, and two mini bottles of champagne, for my husband and I to take back with us! I think that little special touches like that, throughout the event, really set them apart from other catering companies. They compare with the more expensive companies, but at a much more reasonable price!

Yummmmmm!

Reviewed on 4/07/2011 Tristan W

The food and serice was great!!

2011-08-02T10:00:26 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure to work with you on your special day!

Wonderful!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2011 Taylor R

Everything tasted amazing!

Definitely GOOD

Reviewed on 1/16/2011 Monica Z

The food was amazing as was the presentation. Our wedding coordinator was super accommodating with changes and additions. It was nice to have the option of 3 restaurant menus from which to choose our special menu.

Good Food

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Jennifer M

Good food catering have delicious foods and a great seletion!

Different and Perfectly Cooked

Reviewed on 8/11/2010 Dawn S

As we rented the Rice Mill for our wedding we had to use Good Food Catering. I think we would have had them come anywhere however. All our guests commented on the flavors and variety of our menu. Great food. Only wish our taste testing was a little better to be honest. The... Read More wedding food way exceeded the tasting

2010-08-11T10:21:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review! We hear from wedding guests all the time that its the best reception food they've ever eaten!