Step into luxurious gardens for your wedding day!

Tucked into 45 acres of blooming gardens and wooded walkways stands Gramercy Mansion, a historic tudor mansion built in 1902 with 11 bed & breakfast rooms. Exchange your vows in your own private space after walking down the bricked ceremony walkway. Afterwards, enjoy your cocktail hour waltzing through the gardens or in the decorated rooms of the mansion. Our venue has multiple setup options for your special day to ensure that your wedding vision comes to life! Just across the center circle garden is our Carriage House venue for weddings of 100 guests or less. With three adjoined rooms, an outdoor courtyard with bistro lights, and a separate ceremony garden, this space is perfect for any intimate celebration. We hope you're able to visit us soon and experience the magic of the gardens!

Garden, Historic Venue, Library, Mansion + Estate, Park, Trees

1400 Greenspring Valley Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 486-2405

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Emily S

This place is probably the prettiest wedding venue in Maryland. The gardens are spectacular (and of all our visits, I think they were at their most lush and spectacular on our early Fall wedding day). The inside feels like Downton Abbey. Many venues have a pretty location for... Read More the ceremony but the dinner and dance floor are in some soulless ballroom or tent, but not Gramercy Mansion. The atrium for dinner has glass walls that face out onto the garden, which was so pretty in the twilight. The dining room, with candles sparkling on all the tables and the fairy lights strung from the ceiling, was breathtaking. And the rooms inside of the mansion are so lush and full of character. We were a little worried about having the dance floor in a separate room from where dinner was served, but it was great that people who wanted to could sit and chat and sip coffee while others went to the dance floor. And the older crowd loved being able to relax and chat while sitting on the couches inside rather than being forced to watch the dance floor all night. The wedding party and immediate families spent the night at the mansion, and the next morning many of the guests came back for brunch (they told us we could invite up to 50 for brunch the next morning). The food was delicious and it was so nice getting to see many of our guests the next morning. We booked Gramercy a few hours after we saw it for the first time (there was a cancellation which allowed us to book a prime fall date just a few months in advance). I am so glad we did. It set the whole tone and character for our wedding. If you want to get married in a beautiful vintage mansion and garden (and to feel like Lady Mary on your wedding day), then definitely book here.

Reviewed on 4/04/2018 Suz C

I booked this place as the location for my bridal portraits, which turned out amazing! They were prompt to respond to my questions. My only issue was that when we arrived we had trouble figuring out where we could setup. We ended up having to ask them multiple times for... Read More directions, and got the feeling that they didn't care about our business.

2018-04-05T15:23:21 Response from the vendor

We are disheartened to hear about your experience during your scheduled photo shoot. Our staff aims to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests and apologize for any shortcomings. I have sent an email to you today, in hopes of learning more about... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/31/2018 Emma O

Gramercy Mansion was a perfect venue for my late winter/early spring wedding this past weekend. The venue staff was extremely helpful throughout my entire planning process and were wonderful the night of the wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and my guests all loved the... Read More decor. The following morning, my husband and I ate a delicious breakfast before heading home. I have absolutely no complaints and would totally recommend this venue to future brides.

2018-04-05T09:59:19 Response from the vendor

It's so great to hear from you Emma and Gary! Your wedding was a lovely affair, we're very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed their time in the Mansion. Our staff will be happy to know that they were helpful and offered the personalized... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/31/2018 Amanda L

My husband and I got married at the Gramercy Mansion on St. Patrick's Day and it was amazing! The mansion is absolutely beautiful and our guests loved it. The staff are really friendly and worked very well with all of our vendors to make sure the day went off without a hitch.... Read More Highly recommend the Gramercy to anyone looking for a wedding venue! And not to mention the bed and breakfast was great and made the day so easy since we could get ready there in the comfort of our own room. We can't wait to go back and visit and remember the best day of our lives!

2018-03-31T10:18:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amanda and Matt! Congratulations on your spring time wedding. We're so happy that you enjoyed our hospitality, we loved having you stay with us in the Mansion. The flowers are now beginning to bloom and soon our gardens will be full. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/30/2018 Alexandra B

This venue was absolutely perfect for our wedding day. It was very intimate and cozy. The staff was very welcoming and we had the best service from Shannon! The best part of this venue was that I didn’t need to bring much for decorations as the mansion is so ornate! This is... Read More definitely the place to have an intimate and lovely wedding!

2018-03-31T09:41:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you Alexandra and Anthony! It was our pleasure to welcome your family and friends on your gorgeous autumn wedding day. We're so glad you enjoyed the Mansion's historical decor. Your wedding brick will be placed in our ceremony garden very soon, we'll be sure... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Halicia J

The Gramercy Mansion is a wonderful, romantic, beautiful place to get married! We had our wedding ceremony and reception there in October 2017. Our family stayed in the mansion the night before and the night of our wedding. It couldn't have been more perfect! The staff make you... Read More feel like family and are always happy and accommodating. (Shannon, thank you for being so wonderful!) The mansion and grounds are breathtaking and take you back in time. Our guests could not get enough of it's charm and beauty. They serve breakfast every morning to overnight guests and it was so delicious. I can't stop thinking about the banana pancakes! My husband and I could not have asked for a better place to start our lives together!

2018-03-31T09:53:58 Response from the vendor

Halicia and Eric! It's so great to hear from you, thank you for sharing such a glowing review, we truly appreciate it. Your wedding day was fabulous in every way. Getting to know you both in the months prior to your wedding, we knew you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Jennifer D

The Gramercy Mansion was an amazing venue for our winter wedding! All of the rooms were beautifully decorated for Christmas. The ceremony took place in the atrium and we said our "I do's" in front of a Christmas tree which was later the backdrop for our sweetheart table. Our... Read More guests took amazing pictures in front of the fireplaces and Christmas trees. I foresee many Christmas cards from our guests using pictures they had taken at our wedding. When the guests first entered the lobby, their mouths would drop at how gorgeous it was.

2016-12-06T12:48:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this glowing review! We loved hosting your wedding here at the Mansion. We're so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your time here. Wishing you and your family all the best for the holiday season and new year.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Jacqueline S

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. The Gramercy gardens were gorgeous. It was a sunny day but if it had rained, the rain location at the Gramercy would have been equally beautiful.

2016-05-23T08:48:07 Response from the vendor

Congratulations and thank you so much for choosing Gramercy as the location for your recent wedding! We're very glad everything was as beautiful as you imagined and look forward to celebrating many future anniversaries with you. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Anna D

This was the perfect location for our October wedding. The grounds were simply beautiful and there were many gorgeous flowers still in bloom! Little was needed from us in terms of interior decorations as the inside was perfect on its own. We got a ton of compliments from our... Read More guests saying they had never been to a venue like it. The staff were fantastic to work with and the rooms guests stayed at in the mansion were all top notch. Definitely a must-see venue of your looking for a unique spot!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kelly L

We had our wedding at Gramercy on April 18th, 2015 and it was absolutely amazing! Its quiet and secluded, the mansion and grounds and beautiful and the staff was wonderful! They were very accommodating and we are so thankful for their courtesy and consideration! We definitely... Read More recommend Gramercy for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Kimberly K

Gramercy Mansion was a spectacular venue for our wedding in August. We held it in the evening; the weather was perfect and the gardens could not have been more beautiful. We had chosen Linwood’s from among the caterers that work with Gramercy and the two vendors work very well... Read More together. All of the staff at the Gramercy, starting with Cristin, who was the first person we met, to the rest of her staff who helped every time we visited with vendors or family members from out of town, were knowledgeable and available to answer questions and offer suggestions. As beautiful as the mansion already is, when the flowers and tablecloths are set up, and the beautiful food comes out, it transforms into an even more magical place. Our guests were delighted by the warmth and intimacy of the mansion, of the flourishing of the garden, and how beautiful our wedding was at the Gramercy! Seven weeks later and we are still getting wonderful compliments about it being the best wedding people have ever attended! My husband and I can't wait to return to spend our anniversary there!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Deirdre F

My hubby and I had the best wedding ever here! The staff at the Gramercy were so accommodating and let us come look around the mansion whenever we wanted. The room I got ready in was beautiful (which you do have to stay in the room the night before to get ready there).... Read More Everything was perfect and the brunch the next morning was amazing!!!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/28/2014 Allison T

We had the most perfect wedding at the Gramercy. The gardens were breathtaking, and the mansion was absolutely gorgeous. We had a non-traditional reception, and have been told by many guests that it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding. We had 100 guests, and I... Read More think they usually don't have weddings that large, the staff seemed a little flustered by it but then were complimenting how well everything went. They only work with 3 different caterers, and they do not have a wedding coordinator on site (looking back, I wish I had known these things before booking, but I still would've had to have it there). Also the bridal suite is not included in the rental fee, and I think was an extra $500. We viewed many mansions in the area, and this one had the most character, and suited our non-traditional vision. We have the most beautiful pictures, and the happiest memories!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Melanie M

We had our wedding in the summer of 2012 and people still talk about how our wedding was the prettiest wedding they've ever seen. We highly recommend having your wedding at Gramercy Mansion.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Jessica V

Gramercy is a beautiful place and very unique! The staff was nice and breakfast was great! They accommodate to those who do not eat gluten which was amazing!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 2/24/2013 wen-shuan y

The staff were very helpful. Perfect venue for our summer outdoor intimate wedding. With the natural surrounding of greenery and flowers in the summer, there is no need to over decorate.

Beautiful Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Julie B

Gramercy Mansion was the perfect venue for our June wedding. They are continuously improving the gardens, which are amazing! Great place for pictures as well. If you book the first wedding in a day (sometime there are two), then you get to pick the caterer off of a list of like... Read More 10 which is plenty. I would recommend it to anyone!

beautiful indoor and outdoor

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 stacy m

I had my wedding at the mansion and it was wonderful. All of my guests were so impressed with the beauty and historic style of the mansion. Our wedding was planned to be outside in their gardens but it rained so we got married on the terrace which had hangning plants and was... Read More open walls so we still got the outside feel with no wet heads. Overall a wonderful place

WEDDING BLISS

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Jamie B

This place is amazing! From the lighting and hardwood floors to the well maintained gardens it makes for the perfect day! We stayed in the B&B and had an amazing and romantic night and breakfast who could ask for more. Even if you stay for a weekend or have your wedding here... Read More its a great place. Thanks Keith and Jamie Holland

Like a Fairytale

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 Tali I

I knew I wanted to get married at the Gramercy the second I saw the picture online. It was a beautiful place, you couldn't ask for better scenery. Our ceremony was in the garden and our pictures were just stunning with the gorgeous backdrops. We also got the Blue Garden Suite... Read More for all the ladies to get ready in. The place was like a fairytale. I will say that because the Gramercy doesn't provide any services other than the venue, the staff was not always that helpful. They do not have anyone specific that is assigned to you for your wedding and didn't even know who would be on staff the day of my wedding a month prior. We did end up hiring a week of coordinator because I needed someone to direct traffic and make sure everything went off without a hitch on the day of. The other downside is that you have to end your wedding at 11 pm because of the music. Because our ceremony started at 6, I felt like the reception didn't go on long enough (in need of an after party somewhere else). But it was worth it. We went over our budget to book the Gramercy and that too was worth it. We did experience some bugs -- two wasps which both stung one of my bridemaids before the ceremony--in the Blue Garden Suite while we were getting ready but I definitely overlooked that as the place is old and it was so beautiful I didnt care that much in the end (not sure how my bridesmaid feels about it though). The list of caterers they make you choose from has a lot of great options. We chose Zeffert and Gold and were very happy with them. Our wedding was only about 100 people (we had expected 130 but were really happy in the end that we only had 100 because the dance floor and eating area would have been tight if we had more). However, there are many ways to set up the space for your needs. The dinner on the terrace was intimate and beautiful and all our guests raved about how beautiful the house and the grounds were. Would do it all over again there in a heartbeat!

Outstanding venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Julie S

The comment we received most from guests was--how'd we find this great venue? Beautiful gardens, stress-free inclement weather plan, and quirky/endearing bed and breakfast decor make it a uniquely perfect site for an outdoor wedding. I definitely recommend!

Carriage House

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Erin B

Gramercy was a wonderful venue to work with and we could not have imagine our wedding being more beautiful. Our officiant, Mr. Bill (the inn-keeper at the Gramercy) was superb. He was always so helpful, and a sure pleasure to deal with. The Gramercy staff- Cristin and Maria... Read More also were extremely helpful and friendly. Gramercy was organized, as advertised and a beautiful place to have such a memorable event. We would definitely recommend!

Disappointment

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Sara F

My wedding at the Gramercy Carriage house was a bit of a disappointment. The mansion had another wedding going the same day, and the bride for that wedding booked my venue for her rehearsal dinner. As a result, Gramercy informed me I would have to come quite early for my... Read More rehearsal. When we arrived, they were setting up for the other Bride and were of no assistance to us and acted as if we were placing a burden on them. They cut the grass so short that after a week of rain, the entire ceremony space was mud, it has destroyed the bottom of my dress. The day of the wedding, before I was to walk down the aisle, we made our way over to the mansion to wait under the awning because it was raining. Gramercy informed me I had to move because the other bride was going to be on her way down to get into her limo. After begging to let me stand in one of their offices rather than walk back through the rain, they begrudgingly let us in to a room to wait. In the mean time, my mom had to hunt down someone at the mansion to request towels to dry off the chairs, which my cousins did for me, Gramercy couldn't even be bothered to dry the chairs. When we finally walked down the aisle and were in the middle of the ceremony, several very loud cars with either modified exhaust systems or broken exhaust systems were allowed to drive around the circle of our ceremony site, disrupting the ceremony. When we had made our arrangements with Gramercy, they had assured me that no one would be allowed to drive around that circle during my ceremony. Overall, I do not recommend this site to any bride. The people at Gramercy managed to make me feel like I was a burden to them on my wedding day and like a second class citizen. No bride should have to experience what I did on such a special day. Especially not when I am paying them for their services.

Beautiful setting, great service

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Nadia B

I am so glad we chose this venue...it is pricey, but it is beautiful. We had an outdoor noon ceremony and cocktail hour, with our reception in the terrace on June 4th. The weather was perfect and our guests couldn't stop telling us how beautiful the place was! I love the... Read More brick walkway down to the outdoor ceremony site, and the drive to the Mansion is even scenic and beautiful. The inside of the mansion is gorgeous as well- we stayed in the Blue Garden Suite the night before (bridesmaids and I) and loved the suite. There was plenty of room for 3 bridesmaids and I, and we had a nice breakfast there in the morning. Couldn't ask for more!

B&B ceremony & reception

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Stephanie L

Site was beautiful! I was able to save on my florist costs because of all the natural beauty. There are already flowers surrounding the ceremony site and they have lots of hanging plants on the terrace (reception area). I only needed wedding party flowers and some for the... Read More centerpieces/tables. The rooms are a bit pricey to stay in, but the bride & groom do get a discount. It would have been nice if they did a little extra for the bride & groom's room at the end of the night - like maybe some flowers, rose petals, wine, or something. They do offer that you can "buy" those extras. We had many guests comment that it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. The place was perfect and our wedding was breathtaking...I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Meet The Director of Marketing

Sarah Cullison

Welcome to Gramercy Mansion, where the options for your wedding day are endless! As a lover of weddings myself, my favorite thing about being a part of our couples' special days is feeling the love brought to the mansion. Additionally, I am a huge dog person! Did you know that your four-legged friend can be included in your outdoor ceremony at Gramercy? Hopefully you're able to visit and chat with us soon about the vision you have for your big day. Keep up with my posts from the mansion on Facebook & Instagram for real wedding inspiration. See you soon!