Gramercy Mansion

Baltimore, MD

Book Your Wedding with Gramercy Mansion

A GARDEN IN BALTIMORE, MD

A breathtaking valley view on 45 private acres, lush gardens in every season and the backdrop of a historic, Tudor Mansion just 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore. Gramercy invites all couples to experience the magic of our grounds.

Whether you're looking to have an outdoor or indoor ceremony, we provide you with customizable space to ensure the vision for your wedding comes to life. Elegant artwork, fireplaces and decor await your guests to help celebrate your special day.

Much later, after you say goodnight to your guests and ascend the grand staircase, a luxurious suite awaits your arrival! Complete with a cozy fireplace, a lavish whirlpool tub, and an inviting king-sized bed, the most exciting day of your life winds to a close with the fairytale ending of your dreams.

Visit us today and escape to the serenity of Gramercy Mansion. Call
410-486-2405 or email [email protected] to schedule a tour. The Mansion accommodates up to 150 guests seated, 200 with additional tenting. The Carriage House is an additional venue on-site and seats up to 100 guests.

Interested in Downtown Baltimore?

For an elegant and completely unique authentic Baltimore ballroom, consider our sister venue, 1840s Plaza, located just a few blocks from the Inner Harbor. With three floors of event space accommodating up to 230 guests seated, and a charming courtyard garden ideal for outdoor ceremonies and cocktails, this space is truly an urban oasis. Call
410-385-1840 or e-mail [email protected] to schedule your visit!

When renting the Gramercy Mansion, you have to get all of the wedding decorations approved by the venue ahead of time. It also offers a list of caterers for you to choose from, which makes the wedding planning process much easier. The smokers in attendance at your wedding have designated areas where they can light up. If there is going to be alcohol at the wedding, it has to be served by a licensed bartender or caterer. There is no confetti or glitter allowed in the Gramercy Mansion and all music needs to end by 11 p.m.

The Gramercy Mansion offers the following perks:

•          Use of a beautiful ceremony arch
  •          A large dance floor
  •          Great outdoor lighting included
  •          Help with venue setup and cleanup
  •         A large parking lot

Engaged Couples: January Wedding Open House

Couples planning a wedding are invited to mix and mingle with a variety of vendors while touring the Mansion and the Carriage House on Saturday, January 20 from 1-4 p.m. This intimate open house is designed to enable couples an opportunity to talk one-on-one with wedding professionals. Use this link to register or call 410-486-2405: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=evj5iwbab&oeidk=a07eerwv5ced1413f53. This event is free for engaged couples who are planning their wedding.

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Garden, Historic Venue, Library, Mansion + Estate, Park

1400 Greenspring Valley Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 486-2405
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Emily S

This place is probably the prettiest wedding venue in Maryland. The gardens are spectacular (and of all our visits, I think they were at their most lush and spectacular on our early Fall wedding day). The inside feels like Downton Abbey. Many venues have a pretty location for... Read More the ceremony but the dinner and dance floor are in some soulless ballroom or tent, but not Gramercy Mansion. The atrium for dinner has glass walls that face out onto the garden, which was so pretty in the twilight. The dining room, with candles sparkling on all the tables and the fairy lights strung from the ceiling, was breathtaking. And the rooms inside of the mansion are so lush and full of character. We were a little worried about having the dance floor in a separate room from where dinner was served, but it was great that people who wanted to could sit and chat and sip coffee while others went to the dance floor. And the older crowd loved being able to relax and chat while sitting on the couches inside rather than being forced to watch the dance floor all night. The wedding party and immediate families spent the night at the mansion, and the next morning many of the guests came back for brunch (they told us we could invite up to 50 for brunch the next morning). The food was delicious and it was so nice getting to see many of our guests the next morning. We booked Gramercy a few hours after we saw it for the first time (there was a cancellation which allowed us to book a prime fall date just a few months in advance). I am so glad we did. It set the whole tone and character for our wedding. If you want to get married in a beautiful vintage mansion and garden (and to feel like Lady Mary on your wedding day), then definitely book here.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Halicia J

The Gramercy Mansion is a wonderful, romantic, beautiful place to get married! We had our wedding ceremony and reception there in October 2017. Our family stayed in the mansion the night before and the night of our wedding. It couldn't have been more perfect! The staff make you... Read More feel like family and are always happy and accommodating. (Shannon, thank you for being so wonderful!) The mansion and grounds are breathtaking and take you back in time. Our guests could not get enough of it's charm and beauty. They serve breakfast every morning to overnight guests and it was so delicious. I can't stop thinking about the banana pancakes! My husband and I could not have asked for a better place to start our lives together!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Jennifer D

The Gramercy Mansion was an amazing venue for our winter wedding! All of the rooms were beautifully decorated for Christmas. The ceremony took place in the atrium and we said our "I do's" in front of a Christmas tree which was later the backdrop for our sweetheart table. Our... Read More guests took amazing pictures in front of the fireplaces and Christmas trees. I foresee many Christmas cards from our guests using pictures they had taken at our wedding. When the guests first entered the lobby, their mouths would drop at how gorgeous it was.

2016-12-06T12:48:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this glowing review! We loved hosting your wedding here at the Mansion. We're so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your time here. Wishing you and your family all the best for the holiday season and new year.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Jacqueline S

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. The Gramercy gardens were gorgeous. It was a sunny day but if it had rained, the rain location at the Gramercy would have been equally beautiful.

2016-05-23T08:48:07 Response from the vendor

Congratulations and thank you so much for choosing Gramercy as the location for your recent wedding! We're very glad everything was as beautiful as you imagined and look forward to celebrating many future anniversaries with you. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Anna D

This was the perfect location for our October wedding. The grounds were simply beautiful and there were many gorgeous flowers still in bloom! Little was needed from us in terms of interior decorations as the inside was perfect on its own. We got a ton of compliments from our... Read More guests saying they had never been to a venue like it. The staff were fantastic to work with and the rooms guests stayed at in the mansion were all top notch. Definitely a must-see venue of your looking for a unique spot!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kelly L

We had our wedding at Gramercy on April 18th, 2015 and it was absolutely amazing! Its quiet and secluded, the mansion and grounds and beautiful and the staff was wonderful! They were very accommodating and we are so thankful for their courtesy and consideration! We definitely... Read More recommend Gramercy for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Kimberly K

Gramercy Mansion was a spectacular venue for our wedding in August. We held it in the evening; the weather was perfect and the gardens could not have been more beautiful. We had chosen Linwood’s from among the caterers that work with Gramercy and the two vendors work very well... Read More together. All of the staff at the Gramercy, starting with Cristin, who was the first person we met, to the rest of her staff who helped every time we visited with vendors or family members from out of town, were knowledgeable and available to answer questions and offer suggestions. As beautiful as the mansion already is, when the flowers and tablecloths are set up, and the beautiful food comes out, it transforms into an even more magical place. Our guests were delighted by the warmth and intimacy of the mansion, of the flourishing of the garden, and how beautiful our wedding was at the Gramercy! Seven weeks later and we are still getting wonderful compliments about it being the best wedding people have ever attended! My husband and I can't wait to return to spend our anniversary there!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Deirdre F

My hubby and I had the best wedding ever here! The staff at the Gramercy were so accommodating and let us come look around the mansion whenever we wanted. The room I got ready in was beautiful (which you do have to stay in the room the night before to get ready there).... Read More Everything was perfect and the brunch the next morning was amazing!!!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/28/2014 Allison T

We had the most perfect wedding at the Gramercy. The gardens were breathtaking, and the mansion was absolutely gorgeous. We had a non-traditional reception, and have been told by many guests that it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding. We had 100 guests, and I... Read More think they usually don't have weddings that large, the staff seemed a little flustered by it but then were complimenting how well everything went. They only work with 3 different caterers, and they do not have a wedding coordinator on site (looking back, I wish I had known these things before booking, but I still would've had to have it there). Also the bridal suite is not included in the rental fee, and I think was an extra $500. We viewed many mansions in the area, and this one had the most character, and suited our non-traditional vision. We have the most beautiful pictures, and the happiest memories!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Melanie M

We had our wedding in the summer of 2012 and people still talk about how our wedding was the prettiest wedding they've ever seen. We highly recommend having your wedding at Gramercy Mansion.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Jessica V

Gramercy is a beautiful place and very unique! The staff was nice and breakfast was great! They accommodate to those who do not eat gluten which was amazing!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 2/24/2013 wen-shuan y

The staff were very helpful. Perfect venue for our summer outdoor intimate wedding. With the natural surrounding of greenery and flowers in the summer, there is no need to over decorate.

Beautiful Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Julie B

Gramercy Mansion was the perfect venue for our June wedding. They are continuously improving the gardens, which are amazing! Great place for pictures as well. If you book the first wedding in a day (sometime there are two), then you get to pick the caterer off of a list of like... Read More 10 which is plenty. I would recommend it to anyone!

beautiful indoor and outdoor

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 stacy m

I had my wedding at the mansion and it was wonderful. All of my guests were so impressed with the beauty and historic style of the mansion. Our wedding was planned to be outside in their gardens but it rained so we got married on the terrace which had hangning plants and was... Read More open walls so we still got the outside feel with no wet heads. Overall a wonderful place

WEDDING BLISS

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Jamie B

This place is amazing! From the lighting and hardwood floors to the well maintained gardens it makes for the perfect day! We stayed in the B&B and had an amazing and romantic night and breakfast who could ask for more. Even if you stay for a weekend or have your wedding here... Read More its a great place. Thanks Keith and Jamie Holland

Like a Fairytale

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 Tali I

I knew I wanted to get married at the Gramercy the second I saw the picture online. It was a beautiful place, you couldn't ask for better scenery. Our ceremony was in the garden and our pictures were just stunning with the gorgeous backdrops. We also got the Blue Garden Suite... Read More for all the ladies to get ready in. The place was like a fairytale. I will say that because the Gramercy doesn't provide any services other than the venue, the staff was not always that helpful. They do not have anyone specific that is assigned to you for your wedding and didn't even know who would be on staff the day of my wedding a month prior. We did end up hiring a week of coordinator because I needed someone to direct traffic and make sure everything went off without a hitch on the day of. The other downside is that you have to end your wedding at 11 pm because of the music. Because our ceremony started at 6, I felt like the reception didn't go on long enough (in need of an after party somewhere else). But it was worth it. We went over our budget to book the Gramercy and that too was worth it. We did experience some bugs -- two wasps which both stung one of my bridemaids before the ceremony--in the Blue Garden Suite while we were getting ready but I definitely overlooked that as the place is old and it was so beautiful I didnt care that much in the end (not sure how my bridesmaid feels about it though). The list of caterers they make you choose from has a lot of great options. We chose Zeffert and Gold and were very happy with them. Our wedding was only about 100 people (we had expected 130 but were really happy in the end that we only had 100 because the dance floor and eating area would have been tight if we had more). However, there are many ways to set up the space for your needs. The dinner on the terrace was intimate and beautiful and all our guests raved about how beautiful the house and the grounds were. Would do it all over again there in a heartbeat!

Outstanding venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Julie S

The comment we received most from guests was--how'd we find this great venue? Beautiful gardens, stress-free inclement weather plan, and quirky/endearing bed and breakfast decor make it a uniquely perfect site for an outdoor wedding. I definitely recommend!

Carriage House

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Erin B

Gramercy was a wonderful venue to work with and we could not have imagine our wedding being more beautiful. Our officiant, Mr. Bill (the inn-keeper at the Gramercy) was superb. He was always so helpful, and a sure pleasure to deal with. The Gramercy staff- Cristin and Maria... Read More also were extremely helpful and friendly. Gramercy was organized, as advertised and a beautiful place to have such a memorable event. We would definitely recommend!

Disappointment

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Sara F

My wedding at the Gramercy Carriage house was a bit of a disappointment. The mansion had another wedding going the same day, and the bride for that wedding booked my venue for her rehearsal dinner. As a result, Gramercy informed me I would have to come quite early for my... Read More rehearsal. When we arrived, they were setting up for the other Bride and were of no assistance to us and acted as if we were placing a burden on them. They cut the grass so short that after a week of rain, the entire ceremony space was mud, it has destroyed the bottom of my dress. The day of the wedding, before I was to walk down the aisle, we made our way over to the mansion to wait under the awning because it was raining. Gramercy informed me I had to move because the other bride was going to be on her way down to get into her limo. After begging to let me stand in one of their offices rather than walk back through the rain, they begrudgingly let us in to a room to wait. In the mean time, my mom had to hunt down someone at the mansion to request towels to dry off the chairs, which my cousins did for me, Gramercy couldn't even be bothered to dry the chairs. When we finally walked down the aisle and were in the middle of the ceremony, several very loud cars with either modified exhaust systems or broken exhaust systems were allowed to drive around the circle of our ceremony site, disrupting the ceremony. When we had made our arrangements with Gramercy, they had assured me that no one would be allowed to drive around that circle during my ceremony. Overall, I do not recommend this site to any bride. The people at Gramercy managed to make me feel like I was a burden to them on my wedding day and like a second class citizen. No bride should have to experience what I did on such a special day. Especially not when I am paying them for their services.

Beautiful setting, great service

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Nadia B

I am so glad we chose this venue...it is pricey, but it is beautiful. We had an outdoor noon ceremony and cocktail hour, with our reception in the terrace on June 4th. The weather was perfect and our guests couldn't stop telling us how beautiful the place was! I love the... Read More brick walkway down to the outdoor ceremony site, and the drive to the Mansion is even scenic and beautiful. The inside of the mansion is gorgeous as well- we stayed in the Blue Garden Suite the night before (bridesmaids and I) and loved the suite. There was plenty of room for 3 bridesmaids and I, and we had a nice breakfast there in the morning. Couldn't ask for more!

B&B ceremony & reception

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Stephanie L

Site was beautiful! I was able to save on my florist costs because of all the natural beauty. There are already flowers surrounding the ceremony site and they have lots of hanging plants on the terrace (reception area). I only needed wedding party flowers and some for the... Read More centerpieces/tables. The rooms are a bit pricey to stay in, but the bride & groom do get a discount. It would have been nice if they did a little extra for the bride & groom's room at the end of the night - like maybe some flowers, rose petals, wine, or something. They do offer that you can "buy" those extras. We had many guests comment that it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. The place was perfect and our wedding was breathtaking...I wouldn't have changed a thing.

We love Gramercy

Reviewed on 5/10/2011 Tim G

Gramercy Mansion is absolutely beautiful! Out of every venue my wife and I researched online, Gramercy was the best and when we finally went to see it in person, we were sold. The gardens are fantastic and the ceremony sight is so beautiful. We chose the Mansion for our wedding... Read More as opposed to the Carriage House (even though we only had 50 guests) because it was just so amazing. The cost is significantly more for the mansion but well worth it, in my opinion. The only thing I would have preferred was a place on site for my wife to get ready prior to the ceremony. If you don't book a room the night before or the day of, you're out of luck unless you want to get ready in the bathroom. Luckily, we wanted to be there the night before so it was no issue. We rented the Blue Garden suite, by the way and we loved it! I would recommend Gramercy highly. The staff was friendly and helpful and made sure we had a wonderful time.

Romantic, Elegant, Fabulous!

Reviewed on 4/21/2011 Namha C

We had our ceremony and reception at the Gramercy last week. From the beginning, we loved the location because it was furnished like a cozy, elegant, warm and inviting home. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The bed and breakfast made it the perfect one stop shop... Read More - we booked the Cassatt Suite on the lower level the day before our wedding so the bride and bridesmaids could stay there and then it doubled as our wedding night suite. It's just such an elegant, romantic place to have your wedding. Your guests will love it!

You want this location!

Reviewed on 4/17/2011 Melyssa K

When we walked into the Gramercy Mansion, it was like walking into our home. The house and grounds are gorgeous and the staff is very helpful. There is so much to look at you will never stop marveling at the place. It was so lovely. With a lot of out of town guests, we opted... Read More to have the ceremony and reception there. The gardens are amazing and the set up for the reception was so sweet. If you book, consider staying the night, the B&B aspect is worth checking out as well.

OK

Reviewed on 2/04/2011 Kathryn K

The location was beautiful, but their customer service needs some improvement. We had several cards (with cash and checks) going missing from the wedding and they didn't care or do any kind of follow up. I realize it could have been anyone who did it, but I expected them to... Read More accept some kind of responsibility or at least offer some sympathy. I left some clothes behind after the wedding also (bra and panties) and they wouldnt' mail them to me, only offered to hold them for a few days so I could drive to get them. I think for the 5K we dropped for the rental fee and rooms, etc. they could have washed my clothes and mailed them to me since they knew i lived about 45 minutes from the site.