Granberry Hills Event Facility

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Granberry Hills is an idyllic special event facility set on 11 acres just 15 minutes from downtown San Antonio, Texas. With two distinct buildings that can accommodate hundreds of guests each, you and your party will feel like you're in your own world for your special day. The grounds offer plenty of beautiful places to take your wedding pictures, too, including romantic outdoor spots for a first-look photograph in front of a fountain or some of the facility's decorative landscaping. Granberry Hills is a favorite of happy couples who have named the venue as one of the best in the area, landing Granberry Hills on a variety of 'Best Of' lists, including the Knot's 'Best of Weddings' list.

Granberry Hills offers two venues for weddings, helping to keep things simple while still giving couples the power to choose what's right for them.

The Hillside area is the larger of the two spaces at Granberry Hills, providing room for up to 350 people for both ceremonies and receptions. The center of this space is the 5,000-square-foot ballroom, which features soaring vaulted ceilings and a glittering crystal chandelier as its centerpiece. You and your guests will enjoy lovely views of the manicured grounds from the large floor-to-ceiling windows of the ballroom, which is fully climate controlled. You can choose to have your ceremony out in the open air on the grounds or in the Hillside Covered Pavilion, which has ceiling fans to help keep your guests comfortable as vows are exchanged on the pavilion's raised altar stage. The spacious Hillside area also features a charming wrap-around porch for your guests to mingle during a cocktail reception before or after the ceremony.

The Gardenside area is a bit smaller than the Hillside space, but it's nonetheless generously proportioned, offering room for as many as 290 guests. You and your guests can enjoy an outdoor ceremony in the Arbor area of the Gardenside space for a 'secret garden' feel as you exchange your vows. If you'd rather have a roof over your head while you say your vows, the Gardenside Pavilion offers an open-air covered space with ceiling fans. This space can also handle a reception for as many as 100 guests. If you plan to have more guests, the ballroom in the Gardenside area has plenty of space for 290, with vaulted ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows helping to create an elegant ambiance.

The Hillside Ballroom and Gardenside facilities are two separate entities on the property, so even if there are other events happening on site, your ceremony and reception will feel private and special. Each of the buildings has indoor-outdoor spaces, with open-air pavilions opening up to landscaped lawn space and connecting to indoor space as well.

Granberry Hills does not provide its own catering services. Though you'll be able to choose, your selection will have to come from the venue's own list of approved caterers. The venue does provide bartenders and security for an additional fee, but you will have to provide your own alcohol. All events that include alcohol must have on-site security. The venue provides a variety of budget-friendly options to help keep costs down, allowing couples to configure a wedding experience that works well for their needs.

Granberry Hills' staff of talented wedding coordinators will help you with every step of the planning process. This particular feature has couples on the Knot gushing in their five-star reviews, making it a particularly attractive feature for this elegant ceremony and reception venue.

Your wedding package at Granberry Hills includes the following perks at no extra cost:

• Suites to use for ceremony and reception prep
  • On-site event management staff during your celebration
  • Setup and breakdown
  • Tables and chairs
  • Use of an alternate ceremony location in case of inclement weather
  • Linens and napkins in different basic colors
  • Flatware and dinnerware for reception dining

Miles away in attitude, minutes away in reality!

Set on 15 impeccably landscaped acres. Multiple indoor and outdoor sites available for your ceremony and reception. Glass walled ballrooms overlooking gardens, fountains, and city lights. Bride's dressing rooms. Tables, chairs, and linens included. Multiple caterers to choose from. We take care of your standard setup/cleanup and you are provided with a day of event manager to coordinate your special day!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

Bow2008 09

6390 Granberry, San Antonio, TX (210) 590-8067

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Veronica G

Granberry Hills is an absolutely beautiful venue. We held our wedding ceremony and reception on the hillside which was absolutely perfect. All of the staff are so sweet and helpful at all times! They are all so willing to assist with smiles on their faces. The venue assigns a... Read More coordinator which is absolutely wonderful! Our coordinator Natalie took very very good care of us from begining to end. All the answers to many questions, and all the suggestions and input made things much simpler! Day of wedding went so smoothly Natalie took care of absolutely everything all we had to do was follow and enjoy our special day. I highly recommend granberry to not only be the place to hold your special event but to be the place that takes care of you with your special event. We love them thank you all for helping us with such a beautiful and important day of our lives !

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Heather J

Words can't describe how happy we are with our selection of Granberry Hills! From start to finish they were absolutely phenomenal! Our coordinator was Courtney and oh my gosh...without her I don't want to even think of how we would have survived our wedding night! She was... Read More amazing and kept everything running smoothly. We had an amazing experience and if you are looking for a beautiful venue with great customer service then Granberry Hills is the place for you!! I don't have a single regret!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Ashley D

My husband and I got married on March 24th on Gardenside. We fell in love with the venue the first time we went for a tour! Everything about it was so beautiful! The outside ceremony is exactly what we were looking for and the reception hall inside was beautiful as well. We... Read More really liked how we were assigned a day of coordinator. We got Michelle and she did everything absolutely perfect! We couldn't be happier with her and all of the Granberry staff. Michelle was able and willing to answer all of our questions and she basically took care of everything so the day of my husband and I had not a single thing to worry about. The event went by so smooth thanks to her. Thank you again Michelle and also to all the Granberry staff for making our special day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Barbara M

My husband and I were married on the hillside on March 4! The staff at Granberry hills was amazing from start to finish!! Teresa was the best in making sure my husband and I were having a good time. She didn't let me worry about one thing, not even the rain that day! Everything... Read More at the venue was perfect!! Thank you Granberry from the Meras' !!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Angelique A

I had a great experience with Granberry Hills and I would definitely recommend using them to anyone getting married any time soon! They took care of everything and helped destress everyone.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Derissa G

Granberry Hills is the ideal location for any wedding. My wife and I enjoyed the scenery as well as the service we received.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Ashley M

Our wedding (October 7, 2016) was absolutely beautiful!!! Granberry Hills Gardenside venue made the perfect setting for our special day!! The outdoor ceremony and incredible reception hall were above our expectations. Teresa and Melissa are incredible and insanely talented --- I... Read More mean ROCK STARS!! We received so many compliments from our guests on the classic and elegant setting and scheme. The staff was very hands-on and made this whole experience so easy and stress-free. We were so impressed by the venue we booked almost two years before our date to make sure we would not miss out. We can't thank them enough for making it perfect!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

My husband and I got married here on June 17, 2016. It was a perfect evening. Andrea, our wedding planner, helped us have a wonderful evening and kept everything moving at a good pace. We did not have to worry about a thing. The setting of the ceremony was beautiful. All my... Read More guests commented on what a fabulous wedding it was. I highly recommend this venue to any and all couples.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Caitlin C

Granberry Hills did a WONDERFUL job for my wedding! The staff was amazing & helped me plan my special day. The venue was perfect for what I needed. It rained on my wedding day & they took care of everything & made adjustments to where it was stress-free! They also did an... Read More amazing job with the clean-up after the wedding - my parents were very impressed with how amazing they did & how easy they made it. I would definitely use their facility again & will be recommending them to my family & friends!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Granberry Hills is just amazing very beautiful and perfect for outdoor wedding everyone was great ,helpful and patient with us we felt like we were getting married right outside our back yard it was so comforting got many compliments of how beautiful everything looked... Read More environment and appearance is just jaw dropping would definitely continue to recommend highly to family and friends thank you so much granberry

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Estella C

Would definitely recommend Granberry Hills for your wedding! The staff is patient and friendly and genuinely seem invested in having your event go by smoothly. Don't be discouraged by its semi-middle-of-nowhere location - the actual facility is incredibly well kept and worth it.... Read More The only reason I gave Granberry 4 stars instead of 5 is because there was some mix-up with the start time of my event on the day-of but the Granberry coordinator was cool and collected and made sure my reception went off without a hitch. Also, they did some switching around with the day-of event coordinators during the planning process which was a bit confusing but nothing that threw anything off. Our wedding was on May 7, 2016.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Terri Lynn J

Our wedding at Granberry Hills – Hillside was absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on how beautiful & elegant everything looked. The staff was very helpful & made sure that everything came together. We really wanted a venue that included a lot in their price... Read More which made things easier on us because we didn’t have to go find a bunch of different vendors for plates, utensils, or linens. I really appreciated the vendor credit they provided & it came in handy at the end. Also,I liked the fact that they allowed us to have whichever vendors we wanted with the exception of the carter. It was very off putting when some places only let you pick from their vendor list & nothing else. Overall, we are extremely satisfied with our choice in our venue & we had such a wonderful time at our wedding!! Thank you to everyone at Granberry Hills that helped us along the way, we are truly grateful!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Karla A

We had our wedding reception here on May 27, 2016 on Gardenside. We have nothing but great things to say about every Granberry Hills staff. From the first day we went to just get information about the place everyone was so friendly and excited about their job and making sure the... Read More bride and groom are ALWAYS happy. Our event coordinator was Andrea and she was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! She made this whole experience so easy and I can honestly say I enjoyed my wedding day so much because I didn't have to stress about making sure the vendors were there on time or having to answe phone calls to what when where, she took care of it! She even reminded me to eat the day of our wedding. Thank you so much to everyone at Granberry Hills for making our day extra great and special!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Emily G

Excellent venue! Our coordinator Courtney was amazing and made sure our night ran smoothly.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Christina M

Our special day was help on May 27, 2016 on the Hillside location. From the day we walked into tour the venue we were hands down in love with its beauty and the awesome amazing staff. We book the day we toured and just knew it was the perfect place. Wedding planning isnt easy... Read More and most of the time extremely stressful, however; the staff going out of their way to assure everything is perfect for the bride n groom from day one all the way till even weeks after your wedding is truly a blessing. Natalie was our coordinator and she was amazing. We had a huge wedding party and a total of 350 guest and she has the entire event flowing. Our guest are still taking about how beautiful the venue was and that our wedding was so on point and organized. Many many thank you to everyone at Granberry Hills for making our day such a perfect memory we will carry in our hearts for a lifetime. Xoxoxo Mr. & Mrs. Morante *** they host mini extravaganzas at their venue several times throughout the year. During these times you, ur groom and a whoever you would like to take with u are welcome to attend for FREE.. here there are many venders where ur able to sample caters, bartending services, DJ's, florist, win prizes, i mean the list goes on. This was so helpful we booked most of our venues from one of these extravaganza and becuz of that we got extras added to our packages. Its an event you must attend.***

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Adrianna G

I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff here at Granberry. From the moment we walked in the first time to the end of the wedding, they were so amazing. Our wedding was nothing short of a fairy tale and we owe it all to them. The scenery was breathtaking and all... Read More decorations beautiful. This was the perfect venue. If we ever renew our vows, it will be here. Courtney was by fair the best wedding coordinator we could have hoped for. Thank you for making our special day so memorable.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Milagro "Millie" G

My Husband and I got married here on April 30, 2016. They exceed our expectations here. They helped bring our dreams into reality. Natalie was our wedding coordinator and she is Amazing. Really all the staff there is amazing. They literally help you with every detail if you... Read More ask. They were always ready to help with smiles on their faces as if they are planning there own wedding. The girls truly care about the bride and groom and make sure things are perfect. Thank you so much Granberry.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Liset S

We got married here on April 15, 2016 on the Garden side and it was so beautiful! the entire staff is so friendly! I just fell in love with all the greenery of the garden side, its so well kept and makes for perfect wedding pictures. And the venue is so clean!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Bethany H

My husband, John, and I became Granberry Hills fans almost immediately after just chatting casually with some Granberry Hills staff at the Bridal Extravaganza in January '15. After further getting to know the venue at an open house, we eagerly placed down our deposit for... Read More saving 2/6/16! Granberry Hills gave us 100% satisfactory service during 100% of our wedding planning time. The staff was always cheery, thoughtful, and considerate of our needs as a soon-to-be married couple. Natalie, our fantastic wedding coordinator, was the superwoman behind our wedding reception going off without a hitch! She had great spunk, humorous personality, and more than anything she took great interest in the union that we were going to form. We are grateful for the endless efforts that Natalie, the decorating team, and additional staff helpers put into our once in a lifetime event. Thank you, Granberry Hills, for providing us with the very best to celebrate our momentous occasion!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016

My husband and I got married at Granberry Hills on March 13, 2016. We absolutely loved how easy it was! They took are of every detail the day of the wedding and at the rehearsal. They were always so friendly when I called up with questions. Our ceremony and reception took place... Read More on the Hillside and it was beautiful. Everything that we had imagined! I highly recommend having your wedding here!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Amanda S

We could not have been happier with Granberry Hills!!! We loved absolutely everything about this venue from the staff to the entire facility itself! Andrea was so great to us and treated us like we were the most important people in the world! She made sure that everything went... Read More smoothly and was so helpful the entire night! Thank you Granberry and Andrea for making our wedding the best night of our lives!! Mr. and Mrs. Fernandez Est. March 2016

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Cindy E

WOW!! We couldn't have chosen a better place to have our wedding!!! Natalie made our once in lifetime dream wedding come true!!! All of the planning and details were executed flawless!!! All of the approved vendors where awesome! We never had to wait or worry about anything on... Read More our special day. They truly made our wedding a fantasy come true!!! Cant wait until we host another event with Cranberry & Natalie... Cindy & Louisa Earnhardt

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

So very happy with the way my ceremony and reception went at Grnaberry Hills. I absolutely love how well they take care of you and all your needs but the needs of your vendors and guests. My coordinator Andrea, kept me up to date with everything going on that day. It made the... Read More entire day stressful and exactly as I wanted. I can't thank everyone at Granberry enough for making our day extra special.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

Great place.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Maritza

OMG where to start! Granberry Hills made our once in a lifetime day so very special. I was so grateful with how helpful each of their associates were with us throughout the entire process. Natalie was so great at keeping everything flowing and making sure we were taken care of.... Read More It was definitely a night to remember. All of our guests were raving about how beautiful the property is and how fun the event was. Thanks Granberry! Keep up the great work! #gms2015 #granberrygirlsarethebest #gratefulgranberrybride