Grand Hall at Historic Union Station

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Crowne Plaza Hotel at Historic Union Station is a luxurious four-star hotel along Louisiana Street in Indianapolis, Indiana. This 275-room hotel is comprised of an eclectic mix of unique interior including authentic Pullman train car rooms and spacious suites with modern and up-to-date amenities. The hotel is part of the Crowne Plaza chain of hotels and resorts, a brand that is famous for its excellent amenities and services. As a wedding venue, the hotel has some 55,000 square feet of event space with 12 rooms available for wedding celebrations including ceremonies and receptions.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel at Historic Union Station gives your wedding a unique setting combining historical architecture and technology with the elegant design of a luxurious hotel. The Indianapolis Union Station was the first union station in the world and Crown Plaza takes up much of the western part of the station train shed. With all-inclusive wedding packages, the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Historic Union Station in Indianapolis is a good venue option if you prefer a convenient and worry-free wedding celebration.

Grand Central Station. This event space is one of the larger meeting rooms in the hotel measuring 3,735 square feet in floor area. It accommodates up to 240 guests with a banquet style layout.

Victoria Station. With a floor area of 3,320 square feet, this room has a maximum capacity of up to 200 guests with a seated reception layout.

Pennsylvania Station. This room measures 2,280 square feet in floor area, accommodating up to 120 guests with a banquet style layout.

Haymarket Station A or Haymarket Station B. These two event spaces have floor areas of 760 square feet each. They both have a maximum capacity of 50 guests with a seated reception layout.

Conrail Station. Measuring 1,200 square feet in floor area, this room accommodates up to 100 guests with a seated dinner reception.

Grand Hall Ballroom. This ballroom is the largest event space in the hotel with a floor area of 6,096 square feet. It accommodates up to 450 guests with a seated dinner layout and up to 800 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

Illinois St. Ballroom. With a floor area of 4,452 square feet, this ballroom accommodates up to 300 guests with a banquet style layout.

Edison North and Edison South. These two event spaces measure 2,562 square feet in floor area and both have a maximum capacity of up to 180 guests with a seated dinner reception.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel at Historic Union Station exclusively handles the catering and bar services for your wedding. Other wedding services such as lighting, floral arrangements and photography that are also available from the hotel’s preferred vendors list.

The following are some of the amenities and services that are inclusive of the wedding packages at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Historic Union Station.

• Event planning
  • Dressing rooms for the groom and the bride
  • Cocktail reception for the bridal party
  • Champagne toast
  • Food tasting
  • Dance floor
  • Audio-visual equipment
  • Table centerpieces and ice carvings
  • Event rentals
  • Tables, chairs, linens, chair covers, china, glassware and silverware
  • Venue setup and cleanup

• Bride and groom receive overnight accommodations on the night before their wedding and a complimentary honeymoon suite on the day of their wedding
  • Wedding block reservations offered for your guests at discounted rates
  • Guests who have booked rooms have access to the hotel’s amenities such as the indoor pool and the fitness area

Beautiful Historic Union Station

Close your eyes and imagine the most perfect day of your life. Do you envision an intimate affair with your closest friends and family or a large black tie event with hundreds of guests? Let the Crowne Plaza take your visions and weave them into an unforgettable evening made just for you.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

123 West Louisiana Street, Indianapolis, IN (317) 236-7458

Amazing Wedding at Union Station!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Jenny B

We were married in August 2014 at Union Station, and it was an absolute dream. The venue is by far the most gorgeous wedding venue in downtown Indianapolis. We toured a total of 9 venues, with Union Station being the last, and we were sold the moment we walked in. The Grand Hall... Read More is glamorous and rustic and so elegant all in its own accord. Ashlee and Megan were fabulous to work with. They took care of everything and made us feel so at ease. They made our wedding come together without a hitch, and I am so thankful for their service. The food at Union Station was amazing. People are still complimenting us on how wonderful everything was. I highly recommend that any bride check this place out, as you will not be disappointed.

They made it the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

We were absolutely blown away on our wedding day with this venue and team. Our guests are still talking about it months later! Ashlee and Megan were our wedding coordinators and were absolutely wonderful from the beginning. They were very attentive to our needs and requests and... Read More really listened to what we were trying to accomplish. In addition to the wedding coordinators, the entire Crowne Plaza team is amazing. The service was impeccable - we received so many compliments from our guests on how professional and polite the staff was. The venue itself is unique and beautiful - one of the best in downtown Indianapolis. I would absolutely recommend this venue and it's team to anyone who is looking to make their wedding day simply perfect!

Flawless!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

My husband and I got married in the Illinois Street Ballroom September 2014 and we loved every aspect of our day as well as our planning experience! The packages offered to us for booking that ballroom were impossible to pass up. So many things were included that we didn't have... Read More to worry about. The coordinator we worked mostly with was Ashlee and she was absolutely amazing. She responded to my emails very quickly and thoroughly. She made me feel like the only bride she was dealing with. The day of the wedding was totally stress free. Ashlee and Megan took care of setting the room up with all of our details as well as getting us where we needed to be. The servers and other staff members assisting us during dinner were so nice and helpful. Our guests are still telling us how much they loved the food and the venue. Overall, everything about our experience with Union Station was outstanding and we highly recommend it!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Anna B

We got married June 18, 2016. From the moment we walked into Union Station, we knew we had to get married there. We had our wedding and reception in the Grand Hall. Everyone was so wonderful to work with. Desiree was our wedding coordinator. She was a pleasure to work with.... Read More There are so many different options and packages that it seems impossible you won't find what you want. They were very prompt in answering any questions we had. The Grand Hall is so unique and gorgeous that it really doesn't require any extra decor! And the FOOD! We have heard so many compliments about everything, especially the food. Our day seemed like an absolute dream, and we couldn't imagine having it any other place than Union Station!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Brittney F

It was truly an amazing experience! It was beautiful to see our vision come to life. Everything was taken care of and it was truly a seamless process. Crowne Plaza put so much time, help and care into our wedding. Everyone was wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Nathan C

No other wedding venue in Indianapolis has the unique and historic feel my wife was looking for. Thank you so much for everything, it was everything we hoped for and more! Thanks again!

5 Star Experience

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Amanda W

We could not be more than happy with Megan and Ashlee at the Crowne Plaza at Historic Union Station. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful!!! Megan and Ashlee were very responsive to any e-mails that we sent and worked very well with any ideas or extra "things" that came up at... Read More the last minute. Both ladies truly care about their job and you can tell they take it very seriously. If something is not up to the bride or grooms standards, they assume responsibility and always have a resolution. I had several guests say that our wedding reception was the best they have ever been to. I would highly recommend having your wedding here because it will be a 5 star experience!

Amazing Wedding at Union Station!

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Shereen E

My husband and I got married in May 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Union Station. I looked at a few other wedding venues before visiting Union Station but none of them had the unique quality I was looking for. As soon as I stepped into the gorgeous Grand Hall ballroom, I knew it was... Read More where I wanted to have my wedding. Megan Kissel, the catering director, was very patient in helping us settle on the perfect wedding date. She was flexible and willing to work with us. Ashlee Weiper, our wedding coordinator, was also great to work with. Before my wedding day, I corresponded with Ashlee extensively by phone and email to discuss wedding and vendor details. She was very professional, organized and quick to respond. She was very thorough and made sure to document everything so she knew exactly what we wanted. On the day of the wedding, Ashlee made sure everything was running smoothly. She helped coordinate with our vendors and made sure that everything was done according to plan. When issues came up with a couple of our vendors, she quickly handled them and most importantly made sure that we did not get stressed out. We selected a stations menu so all the food was made to order for each guest. Our guests loved having so many options. It was by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding! It was even better than the tasting. After the wedding, many of our guests commented about how delicious the food was and how beautiful and elegant the venue was. Thank you Ashlee and Megan for helping make our wedding day perfect!

LOVED THEM!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lauren S

Ashlee and the rest of the staff at Union Station were amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure our day way perfect - and it truly was! I am so, so happy with how everything turned out :) I would definitely recommend them! Thank you to everyone at Union Station for... Read More making our wedding day absolutely perfect :)

Best Day of our Lives!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Abby H

We got married in August 2014 in the Union Station Grand Ballroom and could not have imagined a more perfect day!! We had both our ceremony and reception there and the staff made our day as stress-free and enjoyable as possible! Megan and Ashlee (event/wedding coordinators) were... Read More wonderful to work with. They were personable, respectful, and professional regarding all of our wedding day needs and wants. The unique, historical building provides many opportunities for beautiful backdrops for the photographer as well! The Grand Ballroom is a beautiful and spacious room, perfect for a wedding ceremony and/or reception. The food was delicious! Our guests commented multiple times on the large dinner portion sizes and were impressed with how quickly the dinner was served. We had the time of our lives with our guests on the dance floor. We cannot thank the staff enough for making this day the best day of our lives!

A Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Scott B

We got married at Union Station at the Crowne Plaza this October and had the most fantastic experience. Ashlee was incredible to work with and really took care of every single one of our needs. We were both overwhelmed by the care that every member of the staff put in to making... Read More our special day incredible. Maria, the Banquet Manager, handled everything that came up impeccably. The space is obviously incredible. It has been well taken care of and updated, so you get the historic feeling with every modern amenity. The food was fantastic, and the portions are huge. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was; the steaks were cooked perfectly (and were huge!) and the chicken was not dried out. The food during our cocktail hour was perfect, and everyone was talking about how much they loved having a late night snack. We were concerned as a same-sex couple, but were greeted by nothing but professionalism and excitement for us. I only wish we had another excuse to have a party here! We had a perfect evening and would not hesitate to send any of our friends to the Crowne Plaza for their wedding.

Union Station Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Sarah D

I had SUCH a great experience working with the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I worked with Ashley and she was so great. She answered all of my emails promptly and answered all eight million of my totally ridiculous questions. I changed my mind about some food choices about a month... Read More before the wedding (after our tasting) and she totally rolled with it! She and Megan went above and beyond when they found out that there was going to be a parade and the Notre Dame marching band was going to be playing right as my cocktail hour was set to start. My reception was beautiful, the food was excellent, the staff was so great! Could not have asked for a better day!

AMAZING!! Staff and Venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kelly D

Wow! I don't even know where to even begin! My husband and I got married at the Crowne Plaza in Indianapolis in the main ballroom in April 2014 and we, as well as family and friends, are still talking about how amazing the venue and day was. If you are looking for a unique... Read More venue unlike any other in the city this is your place! The stain glass is breathtaking and the bar is so historic, our guests loved it! It is not cheap but it was SO WORTH every penny spent. The staff from front desk to wait staff were always helpful when needed. I owe a lot of my sanity during wedding planning AND the day of especially to Ashlee and Megan, the wedding coordinators, who were tremendously helpful and made me feel like I was the only bride they were working with (when we all know that is not the case since they book up over a year in advance)! I am not kidding when I say they made sure every detail went perfect, and if there were ones that didn't (which I don't think there were), they made sure I didn't know about it! I couldn't be happier with the choice to marry in and have our reception in the main ballroom at the Crowne and I will forever remember my wedding day as everything I hoped it would be!! I wish all you future brides as great a wedding day as I had :)

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kiersten M

We loved our experience at Union Station! The Grand Ballroom, cocktail hour and bar set up was amazing. Everyone was super helpful, and took a lot of things off my plate so I could enjoy the planning process. I really appreciated how organized and detail-oriented Ashlee and the... Read More rest of the team was, so I never worried that something was slipping through the cracks. They were super enjoyable to work with, the space is beautiful and we couldn't be happier with our reception!

Tracey

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Tracey

We had our ceremony and reception at Union Station and it was everything I ever dreamed of! I was planning my wedding from out-of-state and the working with the staff of Union Station was seamless. They made sure the event was exactly how I imagined it while being professional... Read More and detail-oriented. Our guests were so satisfied with the entire experience at Union Station. I would recommend this venue to other brides as well!

Union Station Wedding Reception Review

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Taryn D

Union Station was absolutely beautiful, and everything went smoothly. Ashley was so helpful and friendly along the way, and she always answered my questions promptly.

Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Alison S

Union Station was more than just a wedding venue for us - it truly made our fairytale come true. Every staff member that we worked with through Crowne Plaza was helpful all along our planning path, and our coordinator (Ashlee) was the most helpful of all! She was always willing... Read More to answer my (probably annoying) emails, and she always answered promptly and kindly. We also used the Crowne Plaza for our hotel block, and all of our guests were very pleased with their rooms and the service they received. The day of the wedding was a breeze to get through because of the kind staff. I did not have to worry about a thing! Thank you, Union Station for making my fairy tale wedding a reality!!!

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Olivia R

Staff was amazing....loved Ashlee! Everything was perfect. :)

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Christina H

Our wedding went so smooth and the day was perfect I believe in large part to our fantastic vendors, Crowne Plaza being one of them. Ashlee W. was our day of coordinator and she was fantastic. Everyone there was extremely professional, organized and helpful during the... Read More planning process. Ashlee worked well with me as well as responding quickly to my parents. The day of, everything was set up as we had discussed and any changes (turn down the temp in room, add beer to the groom's room, etc.) were make promptly. We had such an amazing day and the Crowne Plaza staff added to that. I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza for any Indianapolis wedding!

Wedding ceremony and reception - Grand Hall

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 Ann H

My overall experience was great. We had a Sunday brunch wedding and we felt like the quality of the food versus the price were not on par. Other than that everything was as expected.

Couldn't ask for anymore!!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2013 Mandi M

I cannot say enough about our wedding at Crowne Plaza, they were absolutely amazing to work with!!! From the moment we started looking there for our reception to the actual night, everyone was so helpful and friendly. We had our reception in the ballroom and I still get chills... Read More when I think about the first time I walked in after the ceremony! We also worked with Katie McHone-Jones on every detail and she was absolutely amazing! We had our dream wedding!!! I also cannot count how many times I heard from our guest how beautiful and perfect the ballroom was!!! We also choose to have food stations and open bar, and received so many compliments on both! I would recommend the Crown Plaza to everyone!!!

Amazing Venue for a Wedding

Reviewed on 2/04/2013 Julie M

My daughter's wedding was December 28, 2012 in the Grand Ballroom, to start Katie McHone-Jones worked her magic to keep the 2 story lite Christmas tree and garland requested by the bride. Our stay at Union Station from the night before until the day after the wedding ran so... Read More smoothly. Katie and her staff were always attentive to our needs as you can imagine we the family and wedding party were very high maintenace being such a big day. Katie always seemed so relaxed and took care of "unexpected" things that popped up...and believe me there were times this happened. The food was amazing and I have had many compliments about what a beautiful wedding we had. I can only attribute that to such an awesome venue and staff!

Phenomenal Execution

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Anne B

The Crowne Plaza was excellent to work with from our first meeting - they were organized, efficient with our time and executed our event perfectly. The venue space was just gorgeous - our room overlooked the city of Indianapolis. The day of, all details were handled, room was... Read More set up and all vendors were organized by the event coordinator at the Crowne - it was wonderful to be able to trust someone with that much of such a big day. Would highly recommend!

Wonderful Reception

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Beth R

Our reception was amazing!!! We have heard the phrase "best reception ever" used multiple times in describing our wedding. We had so much fun and had nothing to worry about because their planners took care of everything. The only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5, is... Read More because we had some issues with our room block. My dad had to go give the confirmation numbers for some of our family to the hotel, and it was a mess. Had the room block gone more smoothly I would say our wedding was close to perfect!!! :)

Exceptional Reception Venue

Reviewed on 6/11/2012 Holly H

Our reception at the Crowne Plaza was everything we had hoped it would be and more. Not only was it beautiful and spacious, but the service and food was outstanding too. We enjoyed working with Katie and the rest of the staff who put together a perfect evening.