Grand Hotel

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

1 Grand Ave., Mackinac Island, MI

Wonderful service, great value, and a perfect day!

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Erin B

Even though my husband and I had worked on Mackinac Island for several years and knew a lot of the ins and outs of wedding venues and service providers here, it was still very helpful to have Marty from Grand Hotel to guide us through the many options. We had a beautiful... Read More luncheon reception at Fort Mackinac, catered by Grand Hotel. The value-for-money was exceptional (where else can you get a three course meal for under $30 a plate with a VIEW to die for?!!). Our flowers were exquisite and they catered to my random requests (an English Garden boquet, with eucalyptus thrown in to pay homage to my husband's homeland) without battling an eye. It was so helpful to have the florist on site, and our flowers were delivered to the room few hours before the ceremony. After our luncheon, Grand Hotel proved to be the perfect setting to relax and let loose with our friends and family. A cookie-cutter wedding was the LAST thing we wanted, and our guests still rave about the unique location and format of our wedding celebration. We would do it again in a heartbeat - it truly was the most perfect day of our lives!

Norma and Mark Allex

Reviewed on 2/05/2014

This was our 25th Anniversary Destination Vow Renewal to our most favorite place on Earth, the Grand Hotel with close family and friends. Marty Haines, was first and foremost a Godsend and most wonderful individual that we can call a friend. Being out of state, she helped to... Read More coordinate our vision to reality down to the tiniest of detail. I am not sure how she does it !! Our venue in the Grand Hotel included the Cottage Restaurant and wet bar across the hallway, where a reception was held first. The food was amazing as always and the piano and photo booth added to the ambiance and fun of our celebration. Our theme was Vintage Romance and was carried out so well by Margaret's Garden in the most spectacular bouquets, bouts and centerpieces. They really outdid themselves and am so grateful for them seeing our vision and beyond expectations. If you are looking for a wonderful atmosphere, we just happened to have all 4 Seasons the day of our renewal, and the "Grandest" wedding of all....this is the place. You will never forget your moment here at the Grand Hotel.

50th Wedding Renewal of Vows Celebration

Reviewed on 2/05/2014

We worked with the Grand Hotel Wedding Coordinator 6 months ahead of date to plan the perfect celebration. We had a luncheon for our 40 guests, vow ceremony on the porch overlooking the Great Lakes and the Mackinac Bridge, and the whole experience was just magical. The... Read More hotel handled the flowers, refreshments, gift bags and treated us and our guests like royalty. Anything we needed was addressed immediately and efficiently. The Grand Hotel, staff and management made every minute just amazing and I would recommend this venue to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Chelsea C

We got married at the Grand Hotel Stables at the beginning of October. The view from the front doors is amazing and the old carriages add a great touch. From the first contact, to rehearsal, to the ceremony, everything went very smoothly. The process was easy and Marty, the... Read More wedding coordinator, was so helpful. She was always there to answer any question and help with last minute changes. In addition, all the staff that helped out are all very helpful as well. The staff in Margaret's Garden does an excellent job in meeting any requests. We received lots of compliments on how amazing my bouquet looked! I would highly recommend the Grand Hotel to anyone looking to get married on Mackinac Island!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Chelsea C

Reviewed on 9/17/2016

This was truly our Fairy Tale Wedding we had only been able to dream about. Grand Hotel was the perfect destination to celebrate our wedding and can't begin to give them the accolades they truly deserve. We decided to get married at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island for the small... Read More island and iconic experience only Grand Hotel can provide and everything on all levels exceeded any expectation we may have had. We live on the island of Maui and witness hundreds of weddings and can say our experience with Grand Hotel was so special that we are still beaming about our Fairy Tale and just can't stop talking about it! To come from so far away from one island to another speaks volumes for Grand Hotel and the sincere services they provide. Marty was our wedding coordinator and I think she just has to be about the greatest coordinator out there! Marty literally can do it all with such professional and personal customer service! We only had four months to plan the wedding and I really didn't have much to do - Marty, you are amazing!! Her suggestions on the few things I did need to decide on were spot on! Everything she did was perfectly executed and there was nothing she wouldn't do to make our experience just absolutely perfect. I also want to give a major shout out to Margaret's Garden as well. Laurie is truly a bouquet genius and truly made me the most stunning bouquet I have ever seen! Being from Maui I really wanted an orchid tropical bouquet and Laurie went out of her way to order the most stunning flowers I have ever seen and couldn't tell me enough how excited she was to create a one of a kind orchid bouquet! Her artistry and aesthetic had so much genuine pride in what she created! Astor’s Salon was also great and everyone loved all of their hair and makeup. There is no amount of thanks I can give to Grand Hotel, Marty and Laurie. To put it all in perspective, when anyone found out I was getting married while we were on Mackinac Island, they all asked why I was so calm and not stressed out at all - Thank you to Marty at Grand Hotel to keep her Brides only focused on her wedding and marrying her one and only and giving us the Fairy Tale Wedding we wanted! We just can’t wait to come back and celebrate our anniversaries with Grand Hotel.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

I had quite the "engaging" experience at The Grand Hotel recently and I couldn't be more thankful, thrilled or appreciative of the entire team who helped make it happen. Everyone went out of their way to make my proposal as perfect as it could be -- and a complete surprise to my... Read More girlfriend-turned-fiancee! From the porch setting to the special bottle of wine I picked out to the amazing dinner and of course photo session, it was as romantic, memorable and timeless as I had hoped. Even before this occasion, The Grand Hotel was our favorite place to visit -- be it for date weekend, a work trip or a friends getaway. Now, it's a special tradition & location we'll cherish for the rest of our lives and hopefully share with others! Cheers, Thanks and All My Best, Evan P.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

When my fiancé and I decided to look at venues on the island for our wedding, it was a childhood dream come true to discover that we could afford the Grand Hotel for the small, intimate ceremony and reception that we had envisioned. From the beginning, the hotel's wedding... Read More coordinator Marty was extremely friendly and responsive. She worked with us and our budget even though we were not the "grandest" wedding, and it could not have been easier or turned out better. Seriously, in the months leading up people would ask me with a worried face how the wedding planning was going, and I had to shrug, smile, and say that there was not much for us to do - Marty was taking care of everything! Laurie and the other staff at Margaret's Garden were more than happy to customize the flowers for us. As two grooms we did not need the bridal bouquet that the "romantic package" includes; we did stick with the classic white hydrangeas and roses although other options were available. We also added a centerpiece for our dinner. All the flowers turned more beautiful than I could have imagined! From the moment of our arrival, the experience and level of service were top-notch. Our room was gorgeous, the delivery of our luggage perfectly timed, and there were even a few little surprises to make us feel extra special. We had our ceremony on the west end of the porch in the mid-afternoon and then enjoyed the cake (traditional white cake with lemon buttercream filling - delicious!) and Champagne right there on the porch, as we mingled with our guests and took some more pictures. We then had dinner at the nearby Gate House, where we had booked a private room, and it was also wonderful. Needless to say, I could not recommend a Grand Hotel wedding more. I only wish I could have Marty plan every event for me and my husband!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Our wedding was the most special and memorable day in our lives. The wedding staff from day one to the end of the ceremony were perfect and professional and made us at ease that all would go without a hitch and it did!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

We've been lucky enough to stay at the Grand Hotel a few times over the years. Once we got engaged, there was no question as to where we wanted to get married. We had a small, intimate ceremony in the Tea Garden with dinner at the Jockey Club. There was nothing that could have... Read More made it more perfect! Marty Davis is an outstanding wedding coordinator.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Truly a fairy tale come true...the most beautiful setting with the most helpful staff, Marty made our dreams come true! She ensured that everything we had ever expressed or articulated as important to us was taken care of...she kept us on schedule in planning for months prior... Read More and throughout our stay at The Grand Hotel and especially on our wedding day. She really took the stress out of the event, and for that we will be forever grateful as we can always look back on our special day as thoroughly enjoyable and perfect in every way.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Christine C

My husband and I could not be more grateful to The Grand Hotel and their staff- who put on the most beautiful reception for us! Our wedding was better than we ever could have imagined- everything ran so smoothly and it was truly perfect! The food and cake were delicious, the... Read More flowers were stunning and the staff could not have been more accommodating throughout the entire planning process! Thank you guys so much for truly making our dreams come true :)

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Rachel S

My husband and I did a simple but elegant vow renewal ceremony at the Grand with just us and our two children. From the very beginning, we were treated as if we were the most important event of the year! There was such great attention to detail and care throughout the whole... Read More process, we want everyone to experience the type of stress-free, and joyful event we did at the Grand!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Arlene H

If ou are considering getting married on Mackinac Island, I wouldn't go anywhere else. The Grand Hotel did everything absolutely perfect - the planning beforehand was very organized. Marty Davis, the only wedding coordinator there, is amazing! She makes sure every detail is... Read More taken care of, and then some! Even though we only had 17 people on our weddig she made us feel like we had hundreds - everything was so special for us and carefree once we got there. I didn't have to worry about anything. The florist let us keep our flowers from the rehearsal dinner all the way up to the breakfast after the wedding and moved them for us at no cost. Marty set up and packed up all of my table decorations. She accidentally ordered a nicer cocktail reception but didn't charge us for it. She was always there when she needed to be. I just can't say anything bad about our wedding at the Grand - it was absolutely perfect and I would do it all over again if I could!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Xueting W

From the first contact half seven months ago when I knew almost nothing about wedding to the day when I experienced my own, the wonderful person and outstanding wedding coordinator Marty Davis has helped my husband and I so much to deliver our perfect day. There is no way we... Read More would have such incredible and unforgettable memory without her, her patience, experience, consideration, hard work and personality. The Grand is the best place on earth I can think of for our wedding. Yes, it's costly, but it's worth every penny. Every detail is perfect for us, the florist, the makeup and hairstyling, the ceremony location, our special bicycle ride, the afternoon tea, the tea garden for ceremony, the west front porch for sunset photos, the first-dance floor, etc. I cannot say enough how grateful I am to be able to have my wedding held here with the wonderful people helping us realizing our dream. Let's just say I will recommend Grand Hotel to everyone of my friend, but I probably won't have to do it myself since they have already all referred to my wedding as "a fairytale wedding" now, and I'm so looking forward to coming back for anniversary.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

I hosted a bridesmaids luncheon for my niece at The Jockey Club the day before her wedding. My experience from the time I secured the date and place to the day of the event was nothing less than outstanding. Everyone from the coordinator to the servers made my niece's day one... Read More she will never forget.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Brittany B

I had a wonderful experience working with The Grand Hotel Staff. The people, location, flowers, cake, dinner, and everything in between was absolutely perfect. I had the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

It was a dream come true for Cheryl & I. Everything was just perfect. We had our wedding on the porch and it couldn't have been any better. The accomadations and food was fabulous!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Marty arranged our intimate wedding brunch- it was perfect! We were married off site, however, that did not matter to The Grand Hotel. Marty desired to make our wedding day special, which she accomplished 100 fold! Everyone treated us with the upmost respect. Our server,... Read More Kevin, was a treasure!! Thank you, Marty, along with the entire staff of The Grand Hotel, whom touched our lives in one way or another, for making our dream come true. Many Blessings- Joan Moser Kuiper

Tea Garden wedding at The Grand Hotel

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

My experience was amazing! We live out of state and had visited Mackinac Island a year earlier knowing that is where we wanted our wedding. I contacted The Grand Hotel and they directed me to Marty Davis. She is absolutely the best - her expert detail planning and suggestions... Read More made our wedding day more beautiful than I expected! The staff at The Grand Hotel was outstanding, I'm so glad we chose The Grand. Once we had the major decisions made, ceremony in the Tea Garden, reception in the Pontiac Room, Marty walked us through the process, visualizing the day from start to finish. She provided lists to choose for our photographer and we couldn't have been more happy with Island Photo! Jeffrey Dupre did an outstanding job and he was so much fun to work with. I would highly recommend The Grand Hotel. With Marty Davis as your wedding planner you will have an amazing experience!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Andrea L

We had to switch venues about two months prior to our wedding and Grand Hotel was so accommodating with my off the wall request. They were quick to see if it would work and gave me lots of options to work with. Our day was meant to be because it was absolutely beautiful! We... Read More wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Our magical wedding at Grand Hotel!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

From the very first phone conversation with Grand Hotel's fabulous wedding planner, Marty, we knew we were going to have a wonderful wedding at this historic landmark! Even though we had a small ceremony (we eloped!), we were treated as special as if we were celebrity guests... Read More with a huge wedding party. We can't say enough about how wonderful EVERYTHING was - our amazing accommodations, delicious meals, and the incredible staff who clearly puts their guests first. We can't wait to come back, and are already planning to celebrate our anniversaries here in the coming years! Thank you to EVERYONE at Grand Hotel for making our wedding experience absolutely magical!

Wonderful Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Cawthorne's Village Inn, a Grand Hotel Restaurant is the location where we became engaged, thus, we decided it would make a perfect setting for our rehearsal dinner. The service was absolutely perfect for the 16 of us. The wait staff were all so very friendly and efficient.... Read More The food was excellent as always, I heard no negatives from our party. I would recommend anyone to have a small dinner party/rehearsal/reception at the Village Inn.

My Dream Wedding Came True

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Christine F

I cannot speak highly enough about the Grand Hotel. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to get married at the Grand and Marty and the amazing staff at the Grand made it happen. There was not a detail overlooked. They thought of things before I even realized I needed to... Read More take care of it. The cake, the flowers, the reception areas, the food, the transportation were all top notch. My dream wedding came true and it was better than I expected.

The Jockey Club

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

We hosted a rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding on August 14, 2015. The coordinators and staff were excellent as was the buffet dinner and accommodations in the enclosed tent. I expected to pay Mackinac Island/Grand Hotel prices when I booked the location. What I did not... Read More expect was to be charged $40 for a toddler meal. I gave them my final headcount of 28 adults and one toddler. I was charged for 29 adult meals. She ate two cookies and a spoonful of pasta. Really. Also, be warned that you may not provide your own centerpieces. You can, however, rent or purchase flowers, etc. from Martha's Garden at the usual Mackinac/Grand Hotel prices.