Grand Hotel

(24)

Mackinac Island, MI

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

America's Summer Place. Mackinac Island, Michigan

We provide an unforgettable location overlooking the Straits of Mackinac. Ceremonies are held on the world's longest porch or in the Tea Garden. Other details offered: A full-service spa, salon, flower shop, five formal private dining rooms, three casual off-site restaurants, cakes, and live music.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Inn/B&B, Mansion/Historic Site, Restaurant, Unusual/Alternative

1 Grand Ave., Mackinac Island, MI

Wonderful service, great value, and a perfect day!

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Erin B

Even though my husband and I had worked on Mackinac Island for several years and knew a lot of the ins and outs of wedding venues and service providers here, it was still very helpful to have Marty from Grand Hotel to guide us through the many options. We had a beautiful luncheon reception at Fort Mackinac, catered by Grand Hotel. The value-for-money was exceptional (where else can you get a three course meal for under $30 a plate with a VIEW to die for?!!). Our flowers were exquisite and they catered to my random requests (an English Garden boquet, with eucalyptus thrown in to pay homage to my husband's homeland) without battling an eye. It was so helpful to have the florist on site, and our flowers were delivered to the room few hours before the ceremony. After our luncheon, Grand Hotel proved to be the perfect setting to relax and let loose with our friends and family. A cookie-cutter wedding was the LAST thing we wanted, and our guests still rave about the unique location and format of our wedding celebration. We would do it again in a heartbeat - it truly was the most perfect day of our lives!

Norma and Mark Allex

Reviewed on 2/05/2014

This was our 25th Anniversary Destination Vow Renewal to our most favorite place on Earth, the Grand Hotel with close family and friends. Marty Haines, was first and foremost a Godsend and most wonderful individual that we can call a friend. Being out of state, she helped to coordinate our vision to reality down to the tiniest of detail. I am not sure how she does it !! Our venue in the Grand Hotel included the Cottage Restaurant and wet bar across the hallway, where a reception was held first. The food was amazing as always and the piano and photo booth added to the ambiance and fun of our celebration. Our theme was Vintage Romance and was carried out so well by Margaret's Garden in the most spectacular bouquets, bouts and centerpieces. They really outdid themselves and am so grateful for them seeing our vision and beyond expectations. If you are looking for a wonderful atmosphere, we just happened to have all 4 Seasons the day of our renewal, and the "Grandest" wedding of all....this is the place. You will never forget your moment here at the Grand Hotel.

50th Wedding Renewal of Vows Celebration

Reviewed on 2/05/2014

We worked with the Grand Hotel Wedding Coordinator 6 months ahead of date to plan the perfect celebration. We had a luncheon for our 40 guests, vow ceremony on the porch overlooking the Great Lakes and the Mackinac Bridge, and the whole experience was just magical. The hotel handled the flowers, refreshments, gift bags and treated us and our guests like royalty. Anything we needed was addressed immediately and efficiently. The Grand Hotel, staff and management made every minute just amazing and I would recommend this venue to everyone.

Weekend Wedding at the Grand Hotel

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Teri L

Our wedding was held at the Grand Hotel and we stayed there as well. Marty and Kelly were wonderful as the coordinator and florist. Along with our wedding coordinator, Carole Erbel, the professionalism and knowledge they provided gave my husband and I the comfort of knowing that every last detail was considered and executed because we were not on Mackinac Island until the day before the wedding. When we arrived Carole and Marty were available to make us feel our wedding and guests were their only priority. Our wedding on the porch and reception in the Pontiac Room was a wonder experience for us and our guest. If you are considering a destination wedding I highly recommend the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.

Completely worth it!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

The wedding planner, Marty is fantastic and takes care of all the details. It is pricy, but you cannot beat the views from the front porch and the old time feel of the hotel- our wedding picutres turned out amazing! We received so many compliments on the food and cake, which the hotel provided. Everything was top notch and I would recommend this site to anyone.

Our Expectation was Exceeded!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

My husband picked Grand Hotel as our wedding venue for so many reasons. First, he is from Michigan and was in Mackinac Island 25 yrs. ago. He has some great recollection and good memories about this place. Second, I was adamant that I wanted a nice and elegant backdrop for our wedding pictures. We have checked out so many places in the entire U.S. but the sweltering heat in the summer made us ditched most of them. Michigan has one of the nicest weather in the summer!! When I saw Grand Hotel, I fell in love with it. The grandeur of the Tea Garden where our ceremony was held, certainly provided a great backdrop to our wedding pictures. The garden was immaculate, the blooms are at its pronounced!! Our wedding coordinator, Marty Davis worked closely with us to create a simple but aesthetically perfect wedding day. Just what we wanted!! She is great to work with and has an eye for the tiniest of details. Our wedding was a simple one. It was only me and my husband and his parents. Althought it was a very small elopement wedding, Grand Hotel treated us no less. The staff are very friendly, our room was the perfect size and the entire hotel was clean. The food is heavenly!!! The buffet breakfast and lunch is amazing. I have never seen a big spread like it with no spare to quality and presentation. Our dinner after the wedding ceremony was absolutely something to be proud of. We were given a special table with a nice center piece. I have read great reviews about their dinner and I can tell you that it exceeded our expectations. From the appetizer down to dessert, everything was fantastic!!! Me and my husband are already thinking of celebrating our first annivesary at the Grand Hotel!!

Amazing place for a wedding

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

We got married at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in September 2014. It was an amazing experience. All of our guest also really enjoyed themselves too. Marty, the wedding coordinator, did a wonderful just making sure the wedding flowed smoothly. Even though we had an outdoor venue and it was raining on our wedding day, I was not worried because Marty was on top of everything and coordinated a back up venue just in case. We were impressed with the level of service and professionalism. It was truly a wonderful day.

A dream wedding

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Green F

We were considering several venues for our wedding (in Michigan, Florida, South Carolina, New York and other states) but choosing the Grand Hotel turned out to be the best decision. From the moment we (bride, groom and the guests) arrived at the hotel, it felt like a fairy tale. We were accommodated in a great suite and offered a complimentary champagne. The premises and the whole area around the hotel make you not even want to go anywhere else. This place has everything for you and your guests to have fun: a nice outdoor swimming pool; a beautiful tea garden with lots of flowers; breathtaking views of the Mackinac Straits from the historic Porch; great restaurants with superb service; beauty salon; flower shop that can provide for the most demanding brides. I loved the convenience of having everything right on the spot (the hotel provided the wedding coordinator, musicians, great ceremony and reception venues, florist and beauty services). They also provided a list of recommended photographers and ministers (the ones we chose turned out to be really good). I have awesome memories about our wedding weekend at the Grand Hotel. After having analyzed tons of information about wedding venues and compared a lot of hotels, I can say with confidence that the Grand Hotel is absolutely the best place to have your wedding in Michigan. The place you and your guests will remember for many years. The Grand Hotel staff was extremely helpful during wedding planning (I was living abroad at that time and that made wedding preparations a bit more complex as I could not meet any vendors in person before the wedding). My every request was taken into account and the wedding turned out great. I highly recommend the Grand Hotel and their team!

Elegant

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Tara D

Our welcome BBQ on the pool lawn at Grand Hotel was such a great way to kick off our wedding weekend, and it turned out to be far better than even my high expectations. The cocktail hour on the porch of Grand Hotel was so elegant, I would only have had it last 2 hours instead of just 1 hour. The service, the quartet, the view, the drinks, and the food were excellent! Our dinner reception was outside at the Jockey Club restaurant. It was just perfect, and again, better than I could have imagined. It was decorated so beautifully, and the staff served our guests' every desire. Excellent drinks, food and service again. The compliments from our guests keep coming.

Wedding flowers

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Ashley R

For our wedding we had flowers placed in the church that held our ceremony, the reception hall, and bridal bouquet's, boutonnieres, and corsages were also purchased from The Grand Hotel florist. They all turned out beautiful. We met with the florist once and all other contact was via email. Mimi was very helpful on picking out flowers that worked best together and had great suggestions, as well.

Grand Hotel Wedding Weekend

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

Our wedding weekend was absolutely magical and memorable. Every single guest raved about the setting, elegance, music, service, menu, ceremony, weather, etc. It could not have gone better, and we have their very detailed and charming wedding coordinator Marty and her staff to thank for this, as we live in Texas! The room & view were just incredible, much above expectations, facing the straits of Mackinac and sunsets over the bridge. The owners sent up a bottle of champagne to welcome us, such class. We felt so special from start to finish. All the ladies attended High Tea which was so fun and girly, as a harpist played in the background. The men caught up outside on the porch having cocktails. It provided everyone another perfect venue for family and friends to spend more time together. Guests could also go horseback riding, biking, kayaking, swimming, golfing, etc. Kelly their very talented and friendly florist gave us a "sneak peek" at our flowers - STUNNING!Rehearsal dinner was delicious and in the perfect outdoor tented setting where kids could play outside and guests loved the BBQ menu! A few guests gathered in the hotel's bar for a night cap which was also on site and easy for everyone. Getting ready on wedding day was a breeze, with Astor's salon on-site - aka pink paradise. You will not find nicer girls than the salon staff, who beautified the entire wedding party (she had done about 200 heads of hair this summer already!). My makeup artist was so sweet, and pulled the look together which lasted all day and night. The wedding was at Ste. Anne's Church, absolutely gorgeous and spiritual, their wedding coordinator Rich was wonderful and helped us find a very special Deacon to preside. The carriage ride afterwards through town and back towards the hotel made me feel like Princess Kate, with all the friendly tourists and pedestrians waving and cheering for us! You won't find friendlier folks. The cocktail hour was in the Cupola Bar, best view on the island overlooking the straits, with a jazz pianist playing in the background - memorable and perfect for folks to give speeches. Dinner was in the Cottage Restaurant, absolutely perfect for our intimate group of 30 to all dine together at one long table with a WONDERFUL jazz trio playing throughout dinner and some dancing prior to dinner. Finally, the hotel band plays every night in the Terrace room and is fantastic! We all ended the night on the dance floor, along with other folks celebrating other special occassions, and it was just perfect. We all met one last time the next morning for a "sendoff breakfast" (included with room charge) and everyone had an amazing time. We are so grateful to Marty, Kelly, the Mussers, Deacon Steve, Rich, Heather, Bernard, Susan, and the entire staff of Grand Hotel for making us, and our guests, feel so special the entire weekend!!! Already looking forward to celebrating our future anniversaries on this gorgeous, nature-filled "turtle island." Grand Hotel is truly one of a kind.

Grand Hotel Tea Room

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Kaylee S

We used the space at the Tea Room up in Fort Mackinac. Our family had eaten there once and fallen in love with the view - the entire downtown was laid out in front of us with breathtaking sights of the harbor and, my favorite, the Might Mac. We enjoyed a delicious lunch topped off with one of the most enjoyable desserts on the island - the Pecan Ball! The staff was so friendly and courteous during the event, and the director Marty was always quick to respond and so helpful in all of the plans. Highly recommended for any events!

Vow Renewal cocktails and dinner

Reviewed on 9/01/2014

Outstanding venue, food, and service.

Wedding at Grand Hotel

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Jacqueline M

This whole experience was a dream come true! They provided Marty, a wedding coordinator who took away all of our stress. She organized every detail so we could enjoy every minute of the magical weekend with family, friends, and each other. The food was unbelievable and there were many choices to select from on the menu options. We used the Grand Hotel Orchestra for our reception band and they were awesome! Marty recommended photographer Paul Retherford and Mackinac Video Productions (Terry and Kelly), who were all great to work with! We highly recommend the Grand and all people mentioned in review!

Amazing Service, Every Detail Taken Care Of

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Laura L

Where do I start? Marty the wedding coordinator took care of every detail- music, food, linens, cake delivery, ceremony processional, literally everything. Just dropped off my decorations, answered all her questions and we were set! She is all you need- very professional and accommodating! Food was delicious. Staff was incredibly friendly. Kelly the florist was AMAZING. Heather in the salon did my hair perfectly. Upgraded to suite with complimentary champagne! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. The whole staff went above and beyond. : )

Our perfect Grand Hotel wedding

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Lynette M

We visited the Grand Hotel a year before our wedding. From the moment we met the wedding coordinator, Marty Haines, we knew that it was the perfect venue for our wedding. Marty had fantastic suggestions, and her attention to detail is remarkable. Marty remained in contact with my fiancé and I from the time we booked through the last minutes of our ceremony. Her enthusiasm and dedication was apparent at every step of the process. The hotel recommended our outside vendors, including a jazz trio, officiant, and photographer, all of whom were professional, kind, and a pleasure to have at our wedding. The Grand Hotel provided many services itself. Margaret's Garden created beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and centerpieces. Kelly was particularly kind in helping me find inspiration for all of the floral decorations. The fabulous women at Astor's Salon took care of the beauty needs of the bridal party. The dining staff were courteous and efficient. The rehearsal dinner (Jockey Club), ceremony (East Porch), and reception (West Porch) were perfect. Marty handled all of the details gracefully and thoroughly. The food prepared by the Grand Hotel chefs was incredible. The cake was particularly delicious and delightfully decorated! Our guests raved about their experience at the hotel. The attentiveness of the Grand Hotel staff to their needs, combined with the beautiful elegance of the place itself, made everyone feel special on our wedding day. My favorite part of our Grand Hotel wedding was the peace of mind I felt from the moment I arrived on the island. Marty and the rest of the Grand Hotel staff are so capable and experienced that I had no reason to worry or feel anything except happiness and excitement. It was truly a perfect day.

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Sarah L

If you want to feel like royalty on your special day this is the place. While the prices can seem a bit overwhelming at first, keep in mind that you do not have to figure in rentals for tables, chairs, linens, etc; and you get the BEST wedding planner ever in Marty Haines. Having everything from catering, the salon, and flowers all there makes it so simple. I planned our wedding while finishing law school and would not have been able to make the day more perfect without Marty's help. She had everything totally under control. I had absolutely ZERO stress the day of the wedding. We used the Front Porch for our ceremony and the Cupola for our reception. Also, we had originally made reservations to use a "named suite" (hoping for the Vanderbilt room) and were upgraded graciously by the Musser family into the newest Dan Musser suite. It honestly could not have been a more perfect weekend. It was worth every penny.

Beautiful hotel and stunning location

Reviewed on 2/07/2014

The Grand Hotel was a beautiful setting for our elopement-style wedding in August 2013. Right from the start the wedding coordinator put us at ease and answered all our questions very promptly which was helpful. We were blessed with perfect weather during our stay - clear blue skies, sunshine and 80 degree temperatures. We were thus able to make the most of the island and the facilities at the hotel, whether it was biking around the island and enjoying the views, swimming in the outdoor pool and lounging in the hot tub, or reading or enjoying cocktails on the charming porch. We went for a category 3 guest room during our stay which, though fairly small, was very pretty and perfect for our needs with a great view of the lake and garden. My salon experience was good, and I loved my bouquet from Margaret's garden! We were married at the fountain in the tea garden which I thought was a fab location. There were large beds of lovely flowers, and the hotel itself looked down upon us and made for some wonderful pictures. Afterwards we had our cake and champagne on the porch and then did the carriage ride around the island which, though pricey, was so much fun and, again, allowed for some great photo opportunities. In the evening we ate dinner in the main dining room and the food was very good. We were particularly delighted with our photographer, Steven Blair, and would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding at Grand Hotel. He is so pleasant and knows all the best spots on the island for pictures! This is a fairly expensive wedding venue, but it really met all of our criteria: grand historic building, beautiful garden, stunning lake views, carriage ride, plenty to do, pretty rooms, good food and good service. Thus we feel it was worth paying a little more for!

My Grand Wedding

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Katie S

We chose Grand Hotel as the location for our wedding ceremony and it was honestly, our best decision. Not just because the setting is absolutely picture perfect in the Tea Garden but the staff ensures things are just how you want it. Once we arrived I did not worry about what the guys were doing, where we needed to be, if the flowers were ready because of how well Marty, the wedding coordinator, has everything arranged.

Grand it was...

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Maureen C

I had my wedding at the Grand Hotel this past fall and it is a perfect memory I will have forever. The wedding coordinator knew exactly what to do, she took a lot of the stress right off my shoulders. She made the day sail by without a single flaw. The staff at the hotel was extremely helpful and kind. The food was delicious. Mackinac Island it self is a beautiful place to get married but having the ceremony on the Grand Hotels front porch made it that much more special. Looking back I feel like it was all a dream.

Perfect Service- Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 9/14/2012 Thomasina J

I chose the Grand Hotel because of it's iconic beauty and complete packages of services. I was not disappointed. It was so convenient to order everything from the hotel- and the service and quality of the product was so perfect that it was absolutely worth every penny. Even when it rained on the day of my wedding, the wedding coordinator made quick and effective decisions and ensured that everything ran smoothly. My guests loved having everything within walking distance on the island, and were blown away by the our ceremony (originally scheduled for the tea garden, but held on the porch due to rain), reception, and plated lunch (in the Pontiac room). They also enjoyed that there was something to do for everyone on the island, so that the trek to the moderately remote location of Mackinac Island was worth it. Bottom line: it's worth it. This is the BEST location on the island, and one of the finest in the entire country. They made the wedding a major success, and I can not be more grateful. Though it may seem pricey, it was really not much more expensive than this quality of service and product would be at another venue, and it was worth it for the peace of mind that comes with the Grand Hotel name.

September 8, 2012

Reviewed on 9/14/2012 cassy m

Our wedding was absolutely perfect!!! It was a dream come true! Marty the wedding coordinator was great to work with, the service was incredible, and the food was amazing. grand Hotel is beautiful and the perfect place for a wedding!!

The most beautiful fairytale wedding

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Julie R

Everything about this wedding was immaculate. First class service and amenities. The views are amazing and the grounds are beautiful. Everyone at the hotel was exceptionally nice and the service was outstanding. True fairytale wedding.

More than we could have hoped for!

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 Genevieve M

My family and I have stayed at the Grand Hotel many years as I grew up. It was magical, beautiful and perfect. The wedding coordinater, Marty Haines, is incredible: diligent, orginized, friendly, and informative. They take care of everything, and though it is expensive, you get what you pay for! The flowers, the cake, the dinner, the service, the decor, everything is a 10!

Send Email