Grand Hotel

Mackinac Island, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Grand Hotel

A BALLROOM IN MACKINAC ISLAND, MI

Built in 1887, the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan has maintained its original architecture, making it a popular destination for history buffs. The hotel is an imposing figure on the island and provides a nice backdrop for wedding photos. The hotel also has extensive grounds that include colorful gardens and overlook the Straits of Mackinac. This generates a quaint ambience that helps couples create a picturesque wedding. The available event space makes it even easier to build a dream wedding.

Tea Garden. The Tea Garden has enough space for up to 400 guests. The garden includes a stone fountain and is available for ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions.

East Front Porch or West Front Porch. The Grand Hotel's Front Porch is 660-feet long, providing ample space for ceremonies and receptions. It even has room for musical accompaniment. There's room for up to 400 guests at the reception. Go with the East Front Porch if you want a view of the Straits of Mackinac or the West Front Porch if you prefer a view of the Mackinac Bridge.

Cupola Bar. The Cupola Bar is located on the fifth and sixth floors of the Grand Hotel. You have the option of renting out one or both of the floors. This space holds up to 100 guests and provides views of the Round Island Lighthouse, Mackinac Bridge and Straits of Mackinac.

Pontiac Room. Up to 35 guests fit in the Pontiac room. The semi-circular room has an attached porch that provides views of the gardens.

Cottage Restaurant. This romantic restaurant has enough space for up to 70 guests. There's an antique credenza for the wedding cake and the restaurant has musical accompaniment available.

Terrace Room. The Terrace Room has an Asian-theme and seats up to 125 guests. It also has room for a live band or DJ.

Grand Pavilion. The Grand Pavilion has space for up to 125 guests. There's also room for a band or a DJ and it includes a private verandah.

Theatre. This space holds up to 400 guests. It has a dance floor and stage and enough room for a DJ or live band.

Grand Hotel's Stables. Have a unique wedding surrounded by 12 horses and 20 carriages in the stable. This location is perfect for wedding ceremony for up to 150 guests or a causal barbecue dinner for up to 75 guests.

You'll work directly with a wedding coordinator from the Grand Hotel when you book space at this venue. The coordinator helps with everything, from picking a dining package to selecting the function space. The staff moves outdoor weddings indoors if it rains.

You must get all of the food and beverages from the Grand Hotel, with the exception of the wedding cake. However, you can get the wedding cake from the hotel if you choose. In addition, you aren't allowed to use flowers from an outside vendor. You must get your flowers from the hotel's own flower shop. Silk flowers are forbidden.

The hotel has its own music department available. The department plays classical and jazz music. The venue also offers:

• Carriage rides
  • Special children's menus
  • Access to various activities, including golf
  • On-site salon and spa
  • On-site flower shop

America's Summer Place. Mackinac Island, Michigan

For 130 years, Grand Hotel, America’s Summer Place located on Mackinac Island in Northern Michigan, has been an exceptional and memorable wedding destination for many couples. As a third generation family owned National Historic Landmark we pride ourselves with first class service. Ceremonies are held on the world's longest porch overlooking the Straits of Mackinac and the Mackinac Bridge or in the Tea Garden among award winning gardens with panoramic views looking up to Grand Hotel. 5 indoor reception locations are available, 5 off-site restaurants for rehearsal dinners or small intimate gatherings, flowers from Margaret's Garden, Grand Hotel bakery, Astor's Salon, The Jewel, our 18-hole golf course. Our on-site wedding coordinator helps with all the details to make your day Grand!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

1 Grand Ave., Mackinac Island, MI (800) 334-7263

Reviewed on 9/17/2016

This was truly our Fairy Tale Wedding we had only been able to dream about. Grand Hotel was the perfect destination to celebrate our wedding and can't begin to give them the accolades they truly deserve. We decided to get married at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island for the small... Read More island and iconic experience only Grand Hotel can provide and everything on all levels exceeded any expectation we may have had. We live on the island of Maui and witness hundreds of weddings and can say our experience with Grand Hotel was so special that we are still beaming about our Fairy Tale and just can't stop talking about it! To come from so far away from one island to another speaks volumes for Grand Hotel and the sincere services they provide. Marty was our wedding coordinator and I think she just has to be about the greatest coordinator out there! Marty literally can do it all with such professional and personal customer service! We only had four months to plan the wedding and I really didn't have much to do - Marty, you are amazing!! Her suggestions on the few things I did need to decide on were spot on! Everything she did was perfectly executed and there was nothing she wouldn't do to make our experience just absolutely perfect. I also want to give a major shout out to Margaret's Garden as well. Laurie is truly a bouquet genius and truly made me the most stunning bouquet I have ever seen! Being from Maui I really wanted an orchid tropical bouquet and Laurie went out of her way to order the most stunning flowers I have ever seen and couldn't tell me enough how excited she was to create a one of a kind orchid bouquet! Her artistry and aesthetic had so much genuine pride in what she created! Astor’s Salon was also great and everyone loved all of their hair and makeup. There is no amount of thanks I can give to Grand Hotel, Marty and Laurie. To put it all in perspective, when anyone found out I was getting married while we were on Mackinac Island, they all asked why I was so calm and not stressed out at all - Thank you to Marty at Grand Hotel to keep her Brides only focused on her wedding and marrying her one and only and giving us the Fairy Tale Wedding we wanted! We just can’t wait to come back and celebrate our anniversaries with Grand Hotel.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Carrie B

A dream come true! I feel incredibly thankful and fortunate that I was blessed to have my wedding on the porch at Grand Hotel, and that Marty the wedding coordinator was there every step of the way. After trying to plan a wedding in my hometown, planning this wedding with her... Read More by my side was a piece of cake! Everything went off without a hitch, the weather was perfect, and the grounds, scenery, and the hotel itself were like something out of a storybook. I'm not exaggerating when I say my wedding day was truly a dream come true, and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. My husband and I were extraordinarily impressed and hope to make a tradition out of visiting on anniversaries and with our own little family someday! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Mary H

We got married in the Grand Hotel Tea Garden and had a reception in The Cottage Restaurant on September 30, 2017 and it was truly magical. Marty (the wedding planner) is incredible. She made the experience completely stress-free so we could fully enjoy our special day.... Read More Everything was perfect. I wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Doug Z

Our wedding at the Grand Hotel in the Tea Garden was exceptional. The experience started and ended with Marty, our wedding planner, who was both timely and kind throughout. We wanted all ages to feel involved so our harpist learned how to play the Super Mario Bros theme for... Read More when the kids walked down the aisle during the ceremony. The adults enjoyed the charm of the Grand Hotel and the unique atmosphere of Mackinac Island. We look forward to visiting Mackinac Island and the Grand Hotel in the future to celebrate our anniversaries. Thank you again to Marty and everyone involved at the Grand Hotel who made our wedding memorable and enjoyable. Doug & Jen

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Mary T

We've been going to Grand Hotel for years and thought that we should share it with our immediate family. The wedding coordinator took care of everything we asked and since it was a destination wedding, that was greatly appreciated. Even without meeting with her and Margaret's... Read More Garden, everything was as we imagined and amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Lindsay D

Everything was awesome! Marty the wedding planner made sure every detail was handled. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Roxan A

It was the perfect place to keep our wedding. Making that call all the way from Jamaica and getting so much done with the wedding coordinator Mrs Marty Davis tells me its going to be faboulous. She was willing to go above and beyond with everything we wanted for our special... Read More day. You can't go wrong with the flower shop. Such an amazing place. I'm just speechless about the whole wedding experience. whenever someone asked me about how our wedding went all I can it was a GRAND WEDDING.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Roxan A

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Ashley L

All I can say is perfect! We married in May of this year at the Hotel. We had small ceremony on the front porch and dinner in the main dining room. Everything was exceptional. The service, flowers, accommodations, and food was nothing short of perfect. They made our day so... Read More special and easy. No stress. They took care of it all. Marty is awesome. Down to earth and has an eye for detail. The Astor salon was amazing too! Very personable. I highly recommend The Grand hotel for anyone's fairy tale wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Jodi V

Mackinac Island and the Grand Hotel is the most magical place to have a wedding. Our ceremony on the West Front Porch was the perfect setting for a small gathering of our loved ones. The Grand Hotel wedding coordinator, Marty Davis makes organizing your Grand Hotel wedding... Read More easy and fun. There was no detail missed. Our guests continue to rave about their wedding weekend experience. Laurie made our wedding flowers so beautiful. I sent pictures and she produced identical bouquets, boutonnière and reception flowers. Astors Salon and the stylists made all of our wedding party look and feel amazing! The reception was at The Jockey Club. The tent, music and food fit our style and our guests enjoyed the menu as well. After our experience at the Grand Hotel, we look forward to making our trip back to celebrate our anniversary every year to recall the best memories made. Thank you to Marty Davis and her staff for making our experience and wedding day relaxed with fun-filled memories!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Amelia L

Perfect! Our luncheon reception, held at The Gatehouse Gazebo, was classy and completely tailored to our vision! They were professional, organized and flexible. The flower shop, Margaret’s Garden, worked with them hand in hand to deliver and arrange everything exactly how we had... Read More hoped! The food was phenomenal! The staff was super accommodating and polite throughout our whole experience. I HIGHLY recommend working with the Grand Hotel. They are the epitome of class.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 DeEtta B

As soon as we walked into Grand Hotel I knew it was our wedding spot. Marty Davis, the hotel wedding coordinator, made that dream come true, and made it all happen seamlessly! From booking the date to paying the final bill, and absolutely every detail in between, Marty was... Read More wonderful! She made sure I covered every aspect of the planning (helping with flowers from their in house florist, Margaret's Garden and hair & makeup at Astor's Salon), and kept me laughing during it all. As if Grand Hotel and it's staff were not magical enough, Marty's efforts and planning made us feel like we were the most important guests at the hotel. Grand Hotel is the perfect wedding location. The food was delicious, presentation was perfect, service was amazing, and of course the venue itself is beautiful. And I need to write an entire review for Margaret's Garden because the flowers were amazing! Laurie knew right away what I was looking for, met with us to go over the details and let me peek at the flowers when they arrived! They were gorgeous! With so many options for celebrating, the elegance of it all, and tons of activities for our guests to enjoy, it was an awesome wedding weekend! We loved it and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Elssy L

We celebrated our 10-year vow renewal on Mackinac Island and, even though it was an intimate event, Marty did a wonderful job coordinating everything- the hair and makeup appointment at Astor’s, the flowers from Margaret’s Garden; Laurie is the best, the cake, the carriage ride... Read More to and from the church, the dinner, the toast, etc. Marty asked us what we wanted and made it happen, setting our mind at ease and allowing us to enjoy the occasion instead of stressing over details. The Grand Hotel is a great venue; they have it all and is a gorgeous setting for a wedding or vow renewal!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 James H

We cannot say enough good things about getting married at the Grand Hotel! Marty, the wedding planner for the hotel, is amazing; she made planning the wedding so easy and made sure everything went perfectly during the event. Laurie, the manager of the flower shop, is also... Read More amazing; she and her team work with you to turn any idea you have into the most beautiful arrangements for your ceremony and reception. We were married in the tea garden and then did our cocktail hour in the Cupola Bar and had dinner in the Cottage Restaurant, and got so many compliments on the gorgeous setting/decor and wonderful food/service. The food was awesome; we would highly recommend doing the Grand Reception during cocktail hour (all of our guests loved the food and still talk about the crab rangoon!). The Grand also gives a significant discount on rooms for wedding guests so it ends up being a perfect destination wedding as you really get to enjoy a whole weekend with your guests (and-as a side note-the breakfasts that are included are also awesome!).

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Bob W

My beautiful bride and I recently became one during the 2016 "Somewhere in Time" weekend! It was truly a magical experience that was a perfect complement to our engagement behind the Hollywood sign! Originally, we had anticipated getting married in 2017. But we had a change... Read More of heart that was skillfully handled by Marty Davis and her staff. They flawlessly executed our agreed upon plan, and even some details that were sprung upon them at the last minute. Somehow, Marty was even able to get the weather to cooperate with us for an outdoor wedding in October! The Grand Hotel is a very romantic venue situated on a picturesque island that is a reminder of simpler times. From the sounds of horses hooves pulling carriages, to the spectacular views of Lake Michigan, to the ambiance of the Grand Hotel itself, one will luxuriate in the opulence of this venue. If one's desire is to create a beautiful, lifetime memory, please contact Marty to begin planning that special day!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Bob W

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Victoria C

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Grand Hotel's Gate House, and it was seamlessly planned with the help of the Grand's wedding coordinator Marty. Planning a dinner - from the food, drinks, and flowers - from so far away was made as easy as possible with Marty's expertise, quick... Read More responses, and professionalism. We had a perfect dinner, and the guests loved the food. The staff were also kind and attentive to all of our needs. My bridal suite was also at the Grand, and the gorgeous room and service was the cherry on top of a wonderful weekend. One of their named rooms was the perfect place for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in. I wouldn't change a thing, and I highly recommend the Grand's services.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Chelsea C

We got married at the Grand Hotel Stables at the beginning of October. The view from the front doors is amazing and the old carriages add a great touch. From the first contact, to rehearsal, to the ceremony, everything went very smoothly. The process was easy and Marty, the... Read More wedding coordinator, was so helpful. She was always there to answer any question and help with last minute changes. In addition, all the staff that helped out are all very helpful as well. The staff in Margaret's Garden does an excellent job in meeting any requests. We received lots of compliments on how amazing my bouquet looked! I would highly recommend the Grand Hotel to anyone looking to get married on Mackinac Island!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Chelsea C

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

I had quite the "engaging" experience at The Grand Hotel recently and I couldn't be more thankful, thrilled or appreciative of the entire team who helped make it happen. Everyone went out of their way to make my proposal as perfect as it could be -- and a complete surprise to my... Read More girlfriend-turned-fiancee! From the porch setting to the special bottle of wine I picked out to the amazing dinner and of course photo session, it was as romantic, memorable and timeless as I had hoped. Even before this occasion, The Grand Hotel was our favorite place to visit -- be it for date weekend, a work trip or a friends getaway. Now, it's a special tradition & location we'll cherish for the rest of our lives and hopefully share with others! Cheers, Thanks and All My Best, Evan P.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

When my fiancé and I decided to look at venues on the island for our wedding, it was a childhood dream come true to discover that we could afford the Grand Hotel for the small, intimate ceremony and reception that we had envisioned. From the beginning, the hotel's wedding... Read More coordinator Marty was extremely friendly and responsive. She worked with us and our budget even though we were not the "grandest" wedding, and it could not have been easier or turned out better. Seriously, in the months leading up people would ask me with a worried face how the wedding planning was going, and I had to shrug, smile, and say that there was not much for us to do - Marty was taking care of everything! Laurie and the other staff at Margaret's Garden were more than happy to customize the flowers for us. As two grooms we did not need the bridal bouquet that the "romantic package" includes; we did stick with the classic white hydrangeas and roses although other options were available. We also added a centerpiece for our dinner. All the flowers turned more beautiful than I could have imagined! From the moment of our arrival, the experience and level of service were top-notch. Our room was gorgeous, the delivery of our luggage perfectly timed, and there were even a few little surprises to make us feel extra special. We had our ceremony on the west end of the porch in the mid-afternoon and then enjoyed the cake (traditional white cake with lemon buttercream filling - delicious!) and Champagne right there on the porch, as we mingled with our guests and took some more pictures. We then had dinner at the nearby Gate House, where we had booked a private room, and it was also wonderful. Needless to say, I could not recommend a Grand Hotel wedding more. I only wish I could have Marty plan every event for me and my husband!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Our wedding was the most special and memorable day in our lives. The wedding staff from day one to the end of the ceremony were perfect and professional and made us at ease that all would go without a hitch and it did!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

We've been lucky enough to stay at the Grand Hotel a few times over the years. Once we got engaged, there was no question as to where we wanted to get married. We had a small, intimate ceremony in the Tea Garden with dinner at the Jockey Club. There was nothing that could have... Read More made it more perfect! Marty Davis is an outstanding wedding coordinator.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Truly a fairy tale come true...the most beautiful setting with the most helpful staff, Marty made our dreams come true! She ensured that everything we had ever expressed or articulated as important to us was taken care of...she kept us on schedule in planning for months prior... Read More and throughout our stay at The Grand Hotel and especially on our wedding day. She really took the stress out of the event, and for that we will be forever grateful as we can always look back on our special day as thoroughly enjoyable and perfect in every way.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Christine C

My husband and I could not be more grateful to The Grand Hotel and their staff- who put on the most beautiful reception for us! Our wedding was better than we ever could have imagined- everything ran so smoothly and it was truly perfect! The food and cake were delicious, the... Read More flowers were stunning and the staff could not have been more accommodating throughout the entire planning process! Thank you guys so much for truly making our dreams come true :)