Book Your Wedding with Grand Traverse Resort and Spa

A BARN IN ACME, MI

Convenience, adventure and luxury come together at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Acme, Michigan. Located 10 minutes from the Cherry Capital Airport, the resort is just a shuttle ride away for out-of-town guests. When guests arrive, you don’t have to worry about entertaining them due to all of the resort’s activities, such as the golf courses and the indoor water playground. While the guests have fun, couples make use of the ample space for photographs. The resort sits on 900 acres of Northern Michigan land that includes a beach, making it easy to find private spots for first-look photos. This resort also has various options for indoor and outdoor receptions.

Michigan Ballroom accommodates up to 600 guests. There is pre-function space located directly outside of the ballroom that’s available for cocktails and appetizers.

Tower Ballroom. Up to 200 people fit inside of the Tower Ballroom. This space also has a pre-function area located outside.

Governor’s Hall has over 20,000 square feet of space and accommodates 2,250 guests. It has 20-foot ceilings and includes a pre-function space.

17th Floor Tower offers panoramic views of the forests and the water. It hosts rehearsal dinners and weddings.

The Garvey Family Barn holds up to 130 people. Add a tent if you want to host additional people.

The Pavilion lets you enjoy the outdoors without worrying about rain. The Pavilion has uncovered cocktail areas as well.

Private Beach Club. Located minutes from the main property, the resort offers shuttles to the Private Beach Club. It looks out at the East Grand Traverse Bay and has a large deck.

The Plaza is a semi-permanent tent structure. The structure overlooks the Bear Golf Course.

55th Hole. Located near a wooded area, this outdoor venue provides a great deal of privacy. It is available for intimate ceremonies.

When you book outdoor event space, the staff also reserves indoor space in case of inclement weather. If it rains, your event is moved indoors. The staff at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa doesn’t just help you plan your wedding and reception. It also helps you plan your entire trip, which includes creating specialty spa packages and golf outings and planning excursions off-site. Talk to your planner if you want help planning a trip for your wedding party. Your planner also helps with vendors. The resort has an assortment of vendors that it typically uses. Let the planner know which vendors you need for your celebration.

Packages at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa come with lots of amenities. When you book a package with a reception, you’ll receive:

• Tables
  • Chairs
  • White linens
  • China
  • Silver service
  • Votive candles for each table
  • Guestroom

Grand Weddings

At Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, you’ll find a combination of wedding services and amenities unmatched elsewhere. Bridal parties delight in our spa and salon, while groomsmen relax during a round of golf. Our wedding planners create a brand of seamless perfection, regardless of scale.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

100 Grand Traverse Resort Village Blvd, Acme, MI (231) 534-6000

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Natalie T

Liz and the whole team at the Grand Traverse Resort worked so hard to make our wedding day perfection! The resort offers everything in house from the salon to have hair to the stunning ballrooms, to finally the sweet water grill for morning after brunch! I wouldn't change a... Read More thing about my wedding day and that is thanks to the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Linda K

As the Mother of the Bride, and a business professional, I highly, highly recommend Liz Brooks at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa for a wedding venue. Professional, knowledgeable, accessible at all times, punctual, and now a close friend. Liz made my daughter's wedding a... Read More day/weekend to remember for our guest, and everyone involved. It was so perfect and I am willing to refer Liz Brooks in person. Just ask the "I do" office at the resort. She out performed her responsibilities and truly went above and beyond for us. I would be glad to discuss the perfect wedding to anyone interested. I can only hope the Resort knows the value of Liz Brooks...

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Alexandra K

My husband and I were married here this June and it was amazing. Our ceremony was held outside under the Yellow Pavilion and our reception was also outside under the plaza tent. The setting was perfect and there were multiple loctaions available for some beautiful pictures... Read More since it is on a very pristine golf course. There Pavilion tent really didn't need any decoration - the yellow glow does it all . We chose this venue because it was affordable, it came with a guaranteed backup space if weather was bad, and we got Liz as a wedding coordinator. It was a one stop shop kind of wedding and it was perfect. Liz worked with us every step of the way and was a joy to work with - she helped me feel at ease during the wedding weekend and is very trustworthy. I can't tell you how impressed i was with the staff who worked our wedding - everyone was friendly and amazing. The night was seamless. The rooms were also amazing. This resort is well oiled machine for weddings and it showed. If you choose this as your venue - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Deni R

The Grand Traverse Resort and Spa was the PERFECT place for my daughter's wedding Sept 9, 2017. I read so many reviews on The Knot before we decided on GTR so we wanted to share with you why we loved it. When considering a location and venue for the wedding, the couple... Read More selected GTR for all of the following: - several places inside and out where everyone could gather and socialize - close to an airport with easy transportation to and from the airport - no one had to drive after celebrating - lots of activities for guests - on a gorgeous piece of property - location: close to Traverse City, easy drive to several lakes, Sleeping Bear Dunes, several vineyards and stunning views - had to easily accommodate minimum 180 guests. Other things we loved about GTR: Having everyone at the same hotel - advantages of the room block and so many places to meet and hang out. Our guests used pools, hot tubs, indoor tennis courts, golf courses and driving range, shops, fitness center, spa and of course we used the bars and restaurants. Easy shuttle to the Casino - we had a group take advantage of this. Welcome Party on 17th floor - the views and the sunset were spectacular. Bridal/Hospitality Suite - it's huge, beautiful, fully equipped with microwave, 2 beverage refrigerators, tons of counter space, large flat-screen TV, the furnishings, the enormous bathroom, THE VIEWS, it's beyond perfect. It's the perfect place for your bridal party to get ready. We booked 1 for bride and 1 for groom. You need to book the Hospitality Suite the day before the wedding - why not use it for family/friend gatherings the day before for a Welcome-party or an After-party - breakfast the day after the wedding etc? We also booked our own guest rooms on either side of the suite - and you could connect to even more guest rooms. I can't imagine any resort has a better set up than GTR. It is worth EVERY penny to have these suites! Decisions we are glad we made: Ceremony in the Pavilion was beautiful. The Plaza tent - the draping and lighting were stunning - draping behind sweetheart table. Lighted Trees for the tent poles made the atmosphere magical. Heaters - we would have been very cold without the heaters. They heated the entire tent. Dance Floor made the tent floor look much better. Cafe lighting on patio. Lighting the path to the restrooms. Lounge furniture - inside and out - both were used all night High Cocktail tables inside and out - including around the dance floor. Having condos and a house for the entire bridal party AND their plus 1's! This made the experience affordable and very special for all of them. The groomsmen had a 5 bedroom home that had a pool table. The bridesmaids had a very short walk to the resort. And finally, working with Liz Brooks and Jenelle Whipple was wonderful. Liz is excellent at everything she does. She's professional, patient, reassuring, and makes certain your event goes without a hitch. Liz will also accommodate any budget. Jenelle is very creative and talented. She came up with beautiful decor for the reception tables, sweetheart table, and other ideas. Jenelle also secured an amazing DJ who made certain the dance floor was never empty. So many of our guests said it was the best wedding weekend they have ever been to. It was for us too.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Becky W

Liz was very professional, prompt, and accommodating. She worked with my needs as well as budget. Our 10 year vow renewal will always be memorable. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Lauren E

Liz and Jenelle did such a fantastic job with our wedding on Aug 26th! We worked with Liz from the very beginning and she helped us get everything sorted out and organized! Jenelle worked with us on the decorations and she had such an amazing vision for our wedding and gave us... Read More such great ideas! She even suggested an ice sculptor to help with the secret groom's surprise - a surfboard and wave ice sculpture! Everything was so wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Ashley E

The locations were absolutely amazing. For our ceremony, we had it at the Beach Club venue and reception at the Tower Ballroom. Liz, was extremely professional and went above and beyond her duties. She made our wedding happen without a hitch. She made us feel like family. I... Read More would highly recommend working with the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 megan s

We were married at the Garvey Family Barn and it was an amazing venue! We are out of state, and thanks to Liz, the wedding planning process was so easy! She was amazing to work with and was always easily reached. I would highly recommend the Grand Traverse Resort for any... Read More event, everyone goes above and beyond! They made our wedding weekend absolutely amazing and memorable for our us and for our guests!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Meri T

My wedding was a dream come true! I have a super busy work schedule working at odd times and Liz & her team made my dream into a reality. From Day 1 they were organized and timely, making sure even the smallest details were made available. I had my wedding at the beach club and... Read More the reception at the resort, and everything was amazing. I would highly recommend Liz and Grand Traverse Resort if you are planning your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Lindsey P

We had the best wedding ever and we have our coordinator Liz Kondik to thank! Not only was Liz very responsive via email, but she also made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. We had our ceremony on the 17th floor w/ beautiful views and the reception in the... Read More tower ballroom where Liz ensured everything was set up perfectly! I am more than happy with the venue, hotel rooms, staff, activities, and just overall experience. If we could do it again, we would!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Sara K

Getting married is a pretty great thing, but getting married at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa is even better! Everything, I mean everything, was absolutely perfect! The venue looked fabulous! The food tasted amazing! The staff was so welcoming! My husband and I couldn't have... Read More imagined a better place to get married :)

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Kevin S

What an absolutely awesome experience. Liz and Jenelle at Grand Traverse resort made the entire experience seamless for us. They helped us plan and coordinate everything and made sure it was truly a special, and worry-free day. They were always very responsive. The bell staff at... Read More the resort bent over backward to make sure we (bride and groom), and our guests were happy. They truly know the concept of customer service. All of the accommodations were great. It really felt like you were out of town and on a resort. I highly recommend checking them out for your wedding. The food turned our AWESOME. Although you spend a little more than usual for it, it is TOTALLY worth it. I suggest the wings, and prime rib when choosing your food! We also had an afterparty in one of the ballrooms. We got the Nacho Bar and the guests were RAVING about it. Do that over the pizza and be creative. We golfed at the Spruce course and it was very well managed. We never had to wait at a hole once and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Christa K

The Team at Grand Traverse Resort & Spa made our special day magical! Liz Brooks provided service beyond our expectations and we couldn't have been happier with our entire evening.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Rachel A

I was overwhelmed with the quality, thoroughness and KINDNESS with which Liz Brooks at The Grand Traverse coordinated and catered our daughter's wedding at the Garvey Farms Wedding Barn. Once our couple chose this incredible venue for their destination wedding and reception (we... Read More live in Texas!), this mother of the bride began to panic. So many things to decide and contractors to hire! Yikes. When I met Liz, all the panic melted away, and I began to believe that I could actually attend this important event as a Celebrant and not as a Guardian of the Plan and Enforcers of all things that should be happening! Liz was so professional in all of our coordination, even when the Bride request some last minute changes! The Resort was the perfect location for the Welcome Dinner hosted by the Groom's parents, which allowed all of our guests to enjoy an evening on the beach with a beautiful Michigan Sunset as a bonus. The food was delicious and the entire weekend was delightful. Free transport provided by the Resort made the wedding events easy. The Boys enjoyed golf, the Girls enjoyed the luxurious accommodations and Young Folks enjoyed easy access to the Casino for later night entertainment:) Overall a weekend that exceeded our expectations, starting with the warm and capable care provided by Liz and her staff. I highly recommend this Northern Michigan location AND The Grand Traverse Resort!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Erica L

My husband and I were married at the Grand Traverse Resort on August 20, 2016. We had our reception at the larger white Plaza tent and were supposed to be married at their beach location at The Shores, however the weather had other ideas. Thank goodness for the rain plan that... Read More was in place for us at the GTR. We found out with just hours to spare that there was no way we were going to be married outside, so Liz and her team arranged the 17th floor atrium for our ceremony and while it wasn't the bright, sunny glistening Lake Michigan wedding we had imagined for a year, the room overlooked the bay and it was so intimate.. we were able to see all 130 of our guests' faces without squinting, and they could see us and most importantly, we were able to hear each others' vows and our guests heard them as well.. it was as if everyone of our guests had a front row seat and the feedback we received from our guests corroborated that sentiment. It was perfect and dare I say more perfect than the beach may have been, as the beach isn't quite as private. We had to take our photos indoors, but the resort has some fun elements in the building that made it ok (including the cool staircase in the restaurant upstairs) and with the right photographer, anything will be ok! During all of the last minute changes to the perfect wedding we had dreamed about for a year, Liz was there every step of the way making sure we were OK and making sure she could do whatever it took to make us happy within whatever she was able to control. The rain lifted just in time for our reception.. and as we walked in, it was everything we ever hoped for. The draping/lighting provided by the Resort was gorgeous. We used a lot of outside vendors and our own manpower for a lot of the decor, but as far as the Resort's part- everyone raved about the food and Stephanie made our cake exactly as we had pictured it.. which was a little off the wall, so we weren't able to tast test it.. as we chose a funfetti naked cake.. and it ended up being absolutely delicious. The Resort staff during our reception were fantastic and extremely polite and made sure everyone was happy at all times. During the planning process, (which already had an added level of difficulty since we live in Dallas, Texas) Liz answered all of our questions promptly, gracefully handled my changing my mind on large elements more than once, and made us feel like our wedding was the only one she was working on... even though it definitely was not. I considered making this a 4 star review only due to some of the Resort's practices but that wouldn't be fair to Liz because she is definitely worthy of 5 stars. I will say that as others mentioned, the Resort itself is kind of in the business of nickel and diming you and can be pretty pricey in regards to rooms, hospitality suites, guest bag delivery, etc. However as long as you make sure to read your contracts before signing them (as far as room blocks go, etc) and make the effort to negotiate certain terms and fees, you will have more control of those things and know what you're getting yourself into at the end of the day with no surprises. Overall, I would definitely suggest Liz and the GTR for your wedding. We wish we could do it again and again because our day was so fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Mary Catherine W

My husband & I got married at the Grand Traverse Resort And Spa, September 3rd,2016. Because my family lives out of state, having our ceremony & reception at the resort was perfect for us. Between the beautiful hotel rooms, friendly & helpful staff & beauitful location (on the... Read More East Bay) it was the right choice for our wedding. I could go on & on about how amazing the resort was , but I need to give credit where it's deserved. Our wedding planner Liz Brooks went above & beyond to make sure our special day went absolutely perfect. We worked with Liz for 2 years on this wedding & I can honestly say not once did she ever drop the ball on anything. When we felt something wasn't right, or was perhaps out of budget, she worked with us to make sure we were in a good place & that we were happy with everything. Her communications skills were to a tee, & her eye for detail & the small things you'd over look were amazing. She was organized & up to date with where we were with things as the big day grew closer. We hit a few bumps in the road with different vendors of ours & when we didn't know what to do, Liz was there to save us. The day of the wedding she stayed with us till dinner time at the ceremony to make sure things were up to our liking. That in itself speaks volumes. To make things short, our wedding wouldn't of happened without Liz. If you're looking for someone who truly has your best interest & desires to make sure your wedding day is everything & more, I would highly, highly recommend Liz Brooks & The Grand Traverse Resort for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Sarah H

We had our wedding at the resort in August 2016. We cannot say enough about our wedding coordinator, Liz Brooks. She was amazing to work with and very responsive. She did everything she could to help our day run smoothly and make me feel at ease. The entire resort staff was... Read More wonderful. As far as the resort itself, it could accommodate all of our guests and has beautiful views. We got married in the white tent, and it was stunning after we decorated it. But it is very expensive. Before booking, make sure to read the fine print on the food menu and contract. That being said, all of our guests had a wonderful time. During the day, people went to the beach, downtown TC, or the resort gym. And after our wedding, we went to Jacks Sports Bar. It really was a perfect day. If you are looking for a northern Michigan wedding, you should check this place out.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016

Note: This review is not about Liz, their wedding coordinator, just about everything else outside of her control- about the Resort's major policies that really need to be reviewed and revised by their executives. Here were the biggest problems: - The "discounted" room rate was... Read More still outrageous and I really felt bad that my guests had to pay SO much. - The Resort only cares about $$ and will nickel and dime you for every little thing. NOTHING is included (except working with Liz who is a true gem and probably the best thing they have going for them in regards to their wedding services.) - Blocking rooms = TOTAL nightmare. What they don't tell you upfront is that basically any rooms from your block that doesn't get booked- YOU have to pay for them!!! INSANE! (They will cover like 10% of the unbooked rooms, but YOU pay for the rest.) I have never heard of this!! So my groom & I were forced to call our wedding guests (which basically everyone was from out of town) to see if they would be wanting to stay there- SO inconvenient & rude! And even when we did block rooms, it kept getting messed up, we lost some rooms, then had some added again, it was a fiasco. The policy of having to pay for rooms not booked- give me a break! -Reserving the venue: even though we paid the Resort tens of thousands of dollars to have our wedding there, that only got us our venue for JUST the day OF the wedding. So our space was not automatically reserved the day before, for our rehearsal. They actually booked another wedding Friday night, in our ceremony space, the day before our wedding! So we had to have our rehearsal at 2pm!! Which really sucked! Who has ever heard of a 2pm rehearsal time?! It was super inconvenient because almost the whole wedding party was getting in on Friday so most of them had to get up and leave at like 5am to make it to the rehearsal. Plus there were all these tables & chairs set up in the space for the reception that was taking place that night, so it made our rehearsal confusing & hard for my bridal party to envision where to walk & what to do. When you pay big bucks like that, you should get the space the day before. Every other venue in TC allows you to have the space for the entire weekend! - Impossible for early-check in times- even for the bridal party?!! Another reason the early rehearsal time sucked was because, even though we gave the resort SO much $$, not to mention the 30 rooms that were booked there solely because of our wedding- no early check in times! SO inconvenient & stressful for our guests. I had to deal with all my family members complaining about not getting into their rooms until 4pm when my wedding started at 3pm! Another horrible policy! The wedding should get priority. I'm sure there's a way they can make it happen since other hotels do it! - Other little details to review with their staff working the reception: we spent over a GRAND on beautiful plate chargers! Well, that was pretty stupid of us because the staff removed them immediately- they cleared them from the tables along with the salad plates!! WHY would they take them away SO early on?! We got them for a reason- to use them & have people see them! They should have left them at the tables for the main dinner course & only removed them after DESSERT! I tried to tell a busser to stop but by that time, it was too late & they had already been removed from too many tables. I'm really mad I wasted my money on them now thanks to the staff who did that.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Rebecca O

From my very first interaction with Liz, I knew I was in good hands!! She always went above and beyond and had very good attention to detail! I knew I could always trust her and she made working with the staff at the Resort and all the planning so much more easier. I truly felt... Read More lucky to have her help and am grateful for all of her hard work! I couldn't have done it without her!! Liz is simply the best and the GT Resort is very lucky to have her on their team! The Resort was beautiful but I would say the main reason I would recommend it to future bride and grooms would be because of *LIZ* specifically.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Kierstin J

My husband and I had our wedding weekend at the Grand Traverse Resort in June. We couldn't have asked for anything better or more beautiful! Liz and the staff did an amazing job to listen to what we wanted and help truly make it our special day! We had a welcome party under... Read More the Pavillion and in the Manitou room on Friday, had our wedding at their beach property, reception at the Garvey Barn and breakfast on the 17th floor on Sunday. All events and locations were perfect! The hospitality room connected to our suite also made a great spot for me and my girls to get ready as well as a spot for us to visit with guests! Liz made sure everything was just how we wanted it and Kelly, our bartender, was awesome! Beautiful scenery, wonderful staff, great resort and an amazing wedding weekend at Grand Traverse Resort! -The Janik's-

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Absolutely wonderful experience! Liz (and staff) did an exceptional job from the moment I first spoke with her. We had the ceremony outside under the yellow awning, beautiful (flowers and grounds are gorgeous)! Our reception was held in the Michigan Ballroom and was... Read More COMPLETELY transformed into the most beautiful, enchanting room we have ever seen! It was gorgeous! The food was EXCELLENT! The service at the reception couldn't have been any better. We also utilized the "Parlor Room" for girls to get ready, WOW is all I can say!! We had numerous people tell us it was the most beautiful and best food they have ever seen/had at a wedding. Worth every penny! Great job Liz!!! Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Chris P

My wife and I got married at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa on Oct 10, 2015. All the staff involved from Liz (our coordinator) to Brett who helped coordinate housing for all the out of towners, to Dawn at the Spa, Stephanie for the cake, and Roger at the golf course were a... Read More pleasure to work with. Our wedding was small (60) but we planned it in two months, and trying to pull something like that together for even 60 people over that time period took a lot of coordination. Everything went flawlessly, we had our ceremony outside in the pavillion which was nice, and our reception on the 17th floor of the tower at sunset which was beautiful. I did this all "site unseen" but never stressed about it as Liz was able to paint a good picture of what we were going to get. The price was right for sure, and all our guests enjoyed themselves. They delivered exactly what we envisioned. I have no complaints and would recommend this as a wedding location to anyone I know.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Amazing wedding weekend--married on the beach, and beautiful barn for reception: Liz and her team made our dream HAPPEN. Absolutely amazing weekend, and everything was done to perfection--I cant thank Liz enough. People are still talking about how fantastic our food and cake... Read More were, and what an amazing beautiful place GTR is. We will be back every year to see our beloved Liz and reminisce on a magical weekend.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Cheryl C

The Grand Traverse Resort's 17th Level exceeded our expectations for our son's rehearsal dinner in late September. The food, the service, the gorgeous room with floor to ceiling windows AND the exquisite view made the evening spectacular! I compliment Liz -- she helped so much.... Read More She was great with communications, suggestions, and answering questions,.. I had not seen the room until the day of the dinner (not living nearby), yet everything was perfect. They were even very accommodating about food allergies. Our guests all loved the food from appetizers to dessert, VERY delicious! Wonderful memories were made that evening looking over the red sky as the sun set over Grand Traverse Bay. Thank you Liz and Thank you Grand Traverse Resort!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Rachel L

Grand Traverse Resort and Spa was so much more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! From the beginning planning stages to the very last detail, Liz Brooks (Special Events Manager) helped me with everything. She is super friendly and very knowledgeable. I had a destination... Read More wedding (I live in California), so I was a little nervous at first not being physically there to plan everything. With all the help from the staff and their recommended vendors, my wedding was absolutely perfect. I can honestly say everything went off without a hitch! I would recommend GTRS to anyone and have not one bad thing to say about them.

Meet The Events Director

Liz Kondik

Regardless of if you are celebrating a wedding, anniversary, or any other special event, our Special Events Manager, Liz Kondik can help make your day truly magical. Liz will work with you to create extraordinary and unforgettable events that reflect your personal style and needs. " Liz worked with us every step of the way and was a joy to work with - she helped me feel at ease during the wedding weekend and is very trustworthy. " Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Alexandra K