New York's Premier Caterer

Creating a vibrant and memorable experience for momentous life occasions calls for unparalleled, thoughtful attention to detail and service. Our overriding mission is to reflect the spirit of your occasion from beginning to end. Whether your vision is traditional or redefines it, our event directors will work closely with you to attend to every detail of your life changing event. Our goal is to bring your dream to life. No request is too big or too small - we've done it all throughout our 35 years of planning weddings. And because of our deep relationships with the most enchanting venues in New York, we ensure the planning process is seamless.

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

304 Hudson St, New York, NY New York, NY; Tri-State Area (212) 727-2424
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Debbie T

Carly and Emily are so, so amazing. Not only are they super professional and organized, they're also just awesome people!! We had so much fun planning our wedding with them, and they totally de-stressed the whole process for us. Though the Great Performances catering is on the... Read More pricier side, it's very worth it - more people than we can count have told us this was the best wedding food they've ever had. The presentation was also gorgeous. I couldn't possibly recommend Carly and Emily strongly enough!!!!

2017-08-09T10:29:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! It was wonderful working with you. Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Darlene C

Great Performances was our caterer - and so much more - for our wedding at Wave Hill. Carly and Emily are an amazing team! They are quick to reply, beyond helpful and have all the answers to make you feel very comfortable heading in to the big day! The food was fantastic! I... Read More always worry that anytime you serve a meal for 130 people, the execution will suffer. It did not - it was just great! We received many compliments about the food. Great performances also facilitates rentals for you, and again, Carly and Emily guide you smoothly through that process knowing exactly what you need for Wave Hill. The GP staff on our wedding day was also exceptional. Overall amazing experience!

2017-08-09T10:28:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much — it was an absolute pleasure. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Q R

Great Performances did an incredible job at our wedding! Carly and Emily were a true joy to work with from the very start. They were responsive, accommodating and just amazingly fun and easy to work with from the first day we exchanged emails to the actual wedding day. The food... Read More was DELICIOUS and exactly what we hoped it would be - our guests were raving! And the service was perfect. Great Performances is extremely professional, reliable, and flexible. Carly and Emily were there every step of the way and played a big role in coordinating everything with our venue and the other vendors. We can't thank them enough!! Highly recommended!

2017-07-20T14:11:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to have played a role in your celebration. Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jill B

Great Performances was amazing for our wedding! Carly was absolutely fantastic. She was super responsive from day one and answered my million questions throughout the year of planning. She was also very helpful in decision making, organizing everything and making our wedding... Read More as stress free as possible. The wedding day went completely smooth and everything was perfect. Most important the food was amazing! We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 George S

How can we ever express our gratitude to the Great Performances team for helping us create the most magical wedding at Wave Hill this past May. Special thanks to Carly and Emily, we couldn’t have pulled it off without them! They were our advisers throughout the planning process... Read More and made it all as stress-free as possible. Every detail was handled with extreme care and professionalism, so that on the day of our wedding it all came together better than we could have hoped. Our guests were so impressed with the delicious food and great service! Highly highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Sara J

Wow! Words cannot express how truly grateful we are for all the amazing work done by Great Prrformances for our summer wedding. We had the privilege of working with Carly and Emily who are amazingly organized, detailed-oriented, and hard working. We cannot say enough good... Read More things! Right from the beginning, I knew working with them was the right fit for us. They helped us with every detail of our wedding and always took the time to answer all of our questions. Our other vendors raved about their organization and professionalism. Thank you again GP for giving us the wedding of our dreams. We have referred GP to everyone we know that is currently planning a wedding or event. Thank you and forever grateful, Sara and Jeff

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jaclyn A

Perfection! We were so thrilled with the professionalism, friendliness, and amazing work that Great Performances did for our wedding. Carly and Emily were a pleasure to work with and we would refer them over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alex C

We had an amazing experience with the Great Performances team especially both Carly and Emily who were our coordinators. They attended to every detail of our wedding and made the process as seamless and enjoyable as wedding planning can be. All of our questions (both silly and... Read More simple) were answered in a timely and detailed manner and they were always enthusiastic, understanding and patient in providing guidance and answering questions. Aside from the team's impeccable service before and during our wedding (including the wait staff, bar tenders and dining coordinators), the one thing that our guests raved about was the food. The food was delicious! Great Performances has amazing food! We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Pinsi L

Loved working w Carly and the GP team! They were so sweet and on top of their game throughout the entire process. The food was spectacular I wish I could order from them every day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lea M

My biggest regret about my wedding is that I did not eat enough of the AMAZING food. I have never written an online review so the fact that I am writing this is saying a lot about how perfect my experience was with GP. GP was perfect from start to finish. Amanda was... Read More amazing, attentive to every detail, and simply lovely to work with. The food was scrumptious, beautiful, and creative. I unequivocally give GP 5 stars and recommend it to every bride!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Margo F

Great Performances was amazing!! We spent a year working with one of their coordinators, Amanda, in creating the perfect menu and ambiance for our wedding. They were very accommodating and attentive to our unique cultural requests. They were also flexible about the menu and... Read More tailored every detail to our style. On the wedding day, everything was perfect from the food to the service to the friendliness of the staff. It's also a huge bonus that they own their own farm so everything is local! I highly recommend this catering company!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016

Great Performances is exactly that ---Great. In fact, it is fabulous. Our June wedding celebration at the Museum of the City of New York was flawless,and our guests still rave about the elegance of the setting, the Michelin star quality food (who leaves a catered event raving... Read More about the food?) and the attentiveness of the staff. From the moment we met her. Amanda DiUglio, our knowledgeable and responsive event coordinator, inspired complete confidence. She was the perfect guide to the creation of a seamless and festive event, making us feel as if we were pampered guests at our own party. Her sympathetic understanding and attention to detail was immensely reassuring. But most especially, her sensitivity to our wishes and requirements helped us create an evening that was both entirely magical and entirely personal.It was everything we had hoped for and more. We felt throughout we were in the best of hands. I recommend Great Performances without any reservations.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Amanda and Great Performances! They were so responsive through the whole process and it's clear they really care about each event they put on. Amanda took the time to get to know me, my fiancé, and my family and by doing so she totally... Read More understood the aesthetic we were going for and the type of wedding we envisioned (she even helped my parents take leftover wedding cake to their apartment after the wedding ended!). She also had the best suggestions on menu items, table settings, and how the overall flow of the day should go. And to top it all off everyone at GP is so fun and enjoyable to work with. There had been a lot of turnover at my wedding venue so I was a little concerned about my wedding coming together as I had envisioned, but Amanda and her team saved they day and flawlessly executed my dream wedding. The food was also delicious (the tasting was definitely one of my favorite days) and everyone raved about the mini passed desserts we had during dancing!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Monisha T

Great Performances was absolutely flawless in helping us to plan and execute our wedding. Carly and Emily were so attentive and really listened to what we were going for, giving us awesome advice and helping to guide us throughout the process from renting dinnerware and linens... Read More to trying custom recipes for our dinner. Thank you so much for the whole team for making our dream day magical!!

2016-10-11T15:31:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We had an absolute blast and will not forget your gorgeous wedding at Wave Hill anytime soon.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Cassandra M

We had an amazing experience using Great Performances for our wedding at the Caramoor Center this September of 2016. Amanda DiUglio is absolutely PHENOMENAL at her job. We didn't have a wedding planner and I don't know how we would have gotten through the planning process... Read More without her. She went above and beyond her role to make our wedding a true success. Allison Davis was also lovely to work with. The food at our wedding was out of this world; we're still getting compliments! We didn't have a cake and wanted our desserts to be fun. Our desserts were delicious and included apple cider doughnuts, milk-shakes with chocolate chip cookies through the strawer, black and white cookies (that they actually made one side seafoam bc of our wedding color), and more. We did three stations and loved each one. They also gave me a bridal assistant for the day of, Lucy, and she was a rockstar. Though they're on the pricier side, you will not go wrong with them and probably will never have better food at a wedding (unless it's one of their other venues of course)!

2016-10-11T15:34:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Amanda and Allison loved working with you and are so proud of the final product :) Lucy is a gem! We are so happy to have her on our team. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Lindsay M

Great Performances was amazing!!!! From helping to plan our Wave Hill wedding in the months leading up to it, to the food and service the day of, they were fantastic! Great Performances helped us with so much more than just the food, including the flow of the event, the tables,... Read More and all the details, and they were so available for questions and discussions every step of the way. The display of the appetizers during cocktail hour was fantastic, and so many guests complimented the delicious food and its presentation. Great Performances was amazing!!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Pamela B

Shaun was a dream to work with. He made my wedding dreams come true! I couldn't have asked for anything more!!!

They are the BEST

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Molly M

Melissa Perrotti and Shaun Roberts are an absolute dream team, and our wedding had the best food of any wedding I've ever been to! I worked closely with them to create a "floating dinner", with a ton of different stations. Melissa worked closely with me on every aspect of the... Read More event, acting as a wedding planner. Everything was just perfect, and I can't recommend them enough. Our wedding was in NYC just a few days after Hurricane Sandy, and the Great Performances kitchen had lost power. That didn't stop them for a SECOND. They found another kitchen to prep in, and everything went off without a glitch. They are true professionals, and I would love to work with them again.

Rating for Great Performances

Reviewed on 11/02/2008 Melanie P

Liz Neumark

Founded in 1979 as a waitress service for women in the arts, Great Performances is now one of the country's foremost catering companies. A leader in the catering and events business, Great Performances is committed to local and seasonal food, environmental stewardship and social responsibility. The company is the exclusive caterer to many prominent institutions including The Plaza Hotel, Wave Hill, Brooklyn Museum, BAM, Jazz at Lincoln Center and Museum of the City of New York. In 2006, Great Performances became the first catering company to own and operate an organic farm, Katchkie Farm.