Green Gables Estate

San Marcos, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Green Gables Estate

A BALLROOM IN SAN MARCOS, CA

Green Gables Estate provides a serene venue among the appealing vistas of San Marcos, California. The grounds feature historic structures, as well as natural landscapes that highlight the area's tranquility and privacy. This classic choice for wedding ceremonies and receptions prides itself on bringing a different ambiance to parties with maximum capacities of more than 300 guests.

Ceremony lawns and reception gardens are two beautifully arranged spaces that bring subtle European styling to the grounds. Well-manicured lawns mix with gardens full of fragrant flowers. A private gazebo sits nearby for stunning first-look photographs to capture the day's special moments.

The Richland House always features a fresh coat of clean white paint to ensure the house remains a landmark. This historical structure is surrounded by trees and plants to recreate an old English courtyard. It is used for wedding ceremonies, receptions and photography sessions.

The Tented Pavillion is one of the venue's most popular spaces. Overhead, wedding parties are met with a romantic glow that illuminates the event. Temperatures are always controlled by a thermostatic system that regulates the level of heat throughout the pavilion.

Only one wedding per day is booked at Green Gables Estate. The venue believes this philosophy gives each couple a unique wedding day that is tailored to their needs. Included in day long activities are receptions under the stars and sunset gatherings known as social hours.

Rain can be a part of any outdoor ceremony or reception. From umbrellas to tarps, Green Gables Estate is set up to handle any weather related emergency. Guests, as well as the wedding party, may be escorted into a beautifully appointed indoor space until the weather subsides.

Bookable time for each wedding party is up to 10 hours. This includes one hour of time for the party to leave the venue and two hours of access to a private bridal parlor. Any additional time must be approved by Green Gables Estate during booking.

A bridal binder is presented to all brides during their first visit. Over three scheduled meetings, the onsite professionals take care of every detail and stay organized with this easy to use book. Brides can also save other details they come across between meetings.

Catering may be provided by Green Gables Estate. A private chef is assigned to wedding parties and helps each couple select menu items for the reception. Wedding parties may also choose approved offsite vendors.

Recycling is important to Green Gables Estate. Floral arrangements left behind after an event are recycled and given to elderly residents in the community. Wedding parties may also designate flowers that they would like to have given to seniors.

Vintage props such as wine barrels and vanities may be rented by wedding party. Selected candelabras and centerpieces with vintage motifs are also available. These props create a fun and nostalgic detail that is especially useful for weddings with a retro theme. Additional perks include:

• Pets allowed
  • Custom LED lighting for each event

Thousands of Twinkle lights set in English Gardens

With receptions under the chiffon gathered Tented Pavilion in total seclusion with thousands of twinkle lights and lush gardens. Couples searching for an “out of the box” venue that is completely private and not just another golf course, winery, or hotel, find Green Gables very refreshing…

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

134 Woodland Parkway, San Marcos, CA (760) 510-1606

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Juliette G

5.0 star rating 9/15/2016 Just had my wedding here last week and it could not have been a more perfect reception! The planning process was made easy as GG provides you with a wedding book and you have 3 coordination meetings. Since you meet with different people each time,... Read More some things get lost in translation, but just double check everything and you will be good to go! They provide so much decor ( i chose the classic package and only had to add a couple of things) that it makes it easy to create a beautiful event. Everyone that works there is very helpful and we heard no from so many places or they wanted to charge us extra which is not the case with Green Gables. They want to accomodate your every need. Also, you will save a ton of money on alcohol because you bring your own! (use BevMo) We have received so many compliments on our wedding and I have absolutely no regrets about having it at GG. We had a girl (Taylor?) that followed us around all night just to make sure we had drinks and food. Also, your pictures will be beautiful because the venue is so picturesque and the tent is celebrity quality.

Perfect Romantic Garden Type Venue!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Katie

I fell in love with Green Gables Wedding Estate as soon as I walked onto the property! It was so romantic, and gave the perfect setting for my wedding reception. The staff were all very nice and accommodating through the whole planning process. My ceremony was at a church so I... Read More didn't even get to go to the reception site on the day of the wedding until the party already started, but they set everything up so perfectly I didn't have to worry about a thing! Our big day was so beautiful and perfect, I can't even imagine if we had it anywhere else.

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 12/13/2012 Eliana M

Green Gables went above and beyond our expectations. The packages and services they offer make the wedding planning process a lot smoother. We have to say it was worth every penny. Also, food was delicious!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Sheila V

Green Gables was probably the 3rd place I had visited during our search for a venue and as soon as I got there, I knew it was the one. I loved that it was all inclusive and I didnt have to worry about anything. The only concern we had throughout the process was that we had... Read More maybe 3 different coordinators that we worked with, and sometimes there were miscommunications where one coordinator would tell us one thing, but when the next one took over they would tell us that it couldn’t be done. But we appreciated that they bent over backwards to honor what the previous coordinator promised us (pro tip: save your emails!). However, our last coordinator who was there on the day of our wedding, Hannah, was flat out AMAZING. She made sure that everything was absolutely perfect. The entire day, neither me or my husband had to lift a finger. We wanted a drink? She ran to the bar to get it. We got hungry during cocktail hour? She followed us around with a tray of appetizers while we took pictures. Totally and completely amazing. Hannah and her staff were all incredible, and that’s what made our day so special. Green Gables is a breathtaking venue and I will refer them to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Megan S

My daughter was married at Green Gables on August 27, 2017. This venue made her wedding well organized and absolutely magical from start to finish! Everyone at this venue is courteous, helpful, knowledgeable and just great human beings. They genuinely care about your wedding... Read More and making it the most perfect day of your life. One of the most important aspects for me was that they do everything they say they're going to do....and more! Every detail was important to them and they made my daughter feel like a princess on her wedding day! The food was spectacular!! The ambiance was magical. I wish it wasn't over...it was such a beautiful night. Thank you Green Gables. Terri M

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Amanda C

I had my wedding at the Green Gable's wedding estate in San Marcos in May 2017. I can't begin to tell you how amazing the wedding was. The food, service, staff.. Just the entire experience was amazing. A special shout out to Ramon, he is the manager and was so attentive to our... Read More every need. The planning process was very helpful and informative. While planning a wedding is never easy, I was able to call and access a team of planners any day I had a question. This was really great because I wasn't stuck with just one planner and waiting for them to answer emails or anything like that. As for the food, it was better than the tasting that we had and all my guests are still raving about the menu. A Roasta de Tuscany & cordon bleu chicken, strawberry goat cheese salad, tomato bisque with mini grilled cheese shooters, fresh fruit petite skewers asparagus wrapped in prosciutto with sea salt and cream cheese, chocolate Smore's shooters served in shot glasses, mini button mushroom caps stuffed with three cheeses and crab omg ! We did all kinds of different "stations" so people could get up and move around and it wasn't so formal like a banquet dinner. That made it really fun and easy for all my friends and family to get what they wanted because I have some vegetarians and some vegans in my group. I would say if you were thinking about getting married at this estate it's obviously gorgeous but also very professional I would highly recommend it!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Suzanne R

Serena our coordinator did an amazing job. The venue was gorgeous for our wedding. We got nothing but compliments from all our guests and family members.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Laura M

My wedding at Green Gables was flawless! My coordinator was Kay and she was so helpful at creating the best flow of my wedding! I had been set on having my Hawaii theme since I am a native. I was so excited that the team was able to pull off my particular food, decor, and set up... Read More JUST THE WAY I WANTED. This venue definitely went above and beyond to make my wedding DIFFERENT. I had a bridal assistant that literally did everything for me! She brought me mimosas and appetizers and was so sweet the whole time. The event manager Ramon really made my parents feel at home which was so important to me since they traveled so far to see my special day. I had such a great journey planning my wedding with Green Gables. Thank you to everyone who made my day so great!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Courtney A

I could not have asked for a more perfect venue. Not only is the venue just beautiful, the staff does an amazing job at making your wedding day visions come to life. They pay attention to every little detail and I had no stress on the day of the wedding because they take care of... Read More everything. If you are looking for a wedding venue that takes care of everything and is almost like a "secret garden" then Green Gables is perfect!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Rachel O

Not affordable. yes its beautiful but very cookie cutter, overpriced, ran like a cattle call. seemed very business oriented.

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Morgan C

The processs with Green Gables was a disaster. Not worth the money at all. Very unorganized. There will be promises made that aren't kept. Poor communication between staff, meaning you get a new person each time you meet and that person will have no idea of what's going on. It's... Read More like starting over every time. Literally if I went on about how terrible my experience was with the process, I would probably cry all one again because it is just so much. I gave 2 stars because not until a week prior to, did they realized how much they had put me through did they finally make an effort. I would have put zero if that didn't happen. Even though they made an effort to change things a week prior to my wedding, it still wasn't a dream come true. Plus the food was just terrible and COLD, which was disappointing because the tasting was a great experience. I tell my husband, can we just have a redo? He laughs at me. Best advice I could give Green Gables is, it's not just about the wedding day, it's also the process of planning the wedding that matters. A year of stress and let downs isn't something any bride wants to go through.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Megan S

We had our wedding at Green Gables in May, and it was absolutely perfect. We chose this site for the location, rustic charm, and its food/decor packages. We opted for the Premium Package, which included all the decorations and upgraded meals - well worth it since it let me live... Read More out all my Pinterest dreams with minimal extra work and stress. Needless to say, the venue itself is beyond beautiful, especially in the spring/summer when the flowers are in full bloom. The team there is so helpful, and everyone went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly, from planning to the day of. These guys basically held our hand the entire time and answered every single crazy question I had. Every single detail was thoughtfully captured, which was crucial the day-of. A HUGE thank you to Daniel - as our planner and day-of coordinator, he hit it out of the park and made sure our day went off without a hitch. Our guests to this day are still commenting on how perfect a day it was.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Hunter F

This wedding venue was so perfect for what we wanted from size, style, price, etc. The staff is incredible and you get to work with a lot of them, but they all get to know your wedding file well. It also helped to have different ideas flowing at each meeting. The food was... Read More delicious! They even helped me surprise my groom with a late-night hot dog cart! Seriously, though. They will do anything to make sure your wedding day is a dream from bringing you sangria when you need it on the actual day to letting me share a Google Doc of my seating chart with them. They do all the setup, you just drop everything off at the rehearsal, and they did everything perfectly. It made for a very relaxing wedding weekend. If you get married here, you are so blessed and you will just remember your day as one of the best of your life.

Perfect Garden Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Jennifer B

I found Green Gables online and fell in love with it when I came out to San Diego for a family visit. My (now) husband and I toured the venue with his mother and sister and we were all impressed with the entire venue! We loved the vintage touches, the quirky style, and... Read More especially the items that were included with the package we ultimately purchased! Daniel was my coordinator and he did an excellent job on our wedding day keeping everything on time and making sure all of our details were taken care of. Since I planned my wedding from the East Coast, this particular venue was ESPECIALLY helpful in making this as stress-free as possible. We had a tragedy during the planning process in the loss of my mother-in-law 3 months prior to the wedding. Green Gables was very sympathetic and accommodating in making necessary changes. They also recommended an excellent DJ who they knew would be sympathetic to our circumstances. Even though we missed her terribly at our wedding, everyone who was working with us, helped us honor her and made sure we enjoyed our day to the fullest. THANK YOU Green Gables!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Lindsay B

We chose Green Gables because it was absolutely charming and we loved that everything was inclusive. This made our wedding planning process SUPER easy. The planners go way out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of. They will offer suggestions if you need, or... Read More they will bend over backwards to make whatever you want work. We got married a month ago and everything was flawless. Green Gables provides vendor recommendations and all you need to make sure your day is perfect. They also provide a day of planner, so we didn't have to worry about anything. I even had a bridal assistant the day of, who made sure I always had everything I needed. You can use all of their decor or bring your own. The food was phenomenal - everyone is still talking about it. If you book this venue, you will love the wedding planning process and you will enjoy every minute of your special day.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

We had our wedding here this past weekend. Hands down the very best ever! The team here at Green Gables is the absolute best. Our wedding day went on without a hitch! El our coordinator was absolutely amazing. I wish I could get married here everyday! Absolutely no regrets. I... Read More would choose this venue 100 times over! The entire day was planned perfectly and the timeline was 100 percent adhered to. The entire team was so helpful through the entire planning process. Thank you Green Gables! I cannot thank you guys enough!

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Brittany B

Our wedding was a dream come true and it is all because of this beautiful venue and amazing staff! Every time I came here I fell in love with it even more.

ask for Elham

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 April W

The venue is beautiful!!! Work with Elham and Christian they are by far the best of the green gables staff!! Elham has a beautiful eye for style and is so sweet!! I can't get over how awesome Christian has been through this process! He would email me back within 24 hours or less... Read More and answered all my questions. He also helped us to get our DJ approved and get our wedding insurance on file. Our wedding went off very smooth and Elham did everything she could to make sure that our ceremony was outside. 30 min before the ceremony it was poring rain and she made sure that the chairs got covered with tarps and the harpist was under an umbrella. The rain stopped and we got to have our ceremony outside!! She also gave me an umbrella when it started to rain again while we were waiting to go inside the tent. I would recommend this venue to other brides because of its beauty and those two staff members! The hard part about this venue is that you never know who you are going to work with. I was lucky enough to have found christian early on for all my questions and I requested to work with Elham on my wedding day.

Best service, Best value, Best location!

Reviewed on 4/29/2015

I had the pleasure to work along side Elham, Daniel, and the staff at Green Gables as a bridal assistant for Amy & Mike Hadry's recent March wedding. I was truly blown away by the exceptional service provided throughout the entire wedding planning process! We were so thankful... Read More to have Elham as our coordinator! She was so professional, calm, detail oriented, dynamic, full of great tips and so easy to connect with! You can really tell she truly cares about her clients! Everything turned out perfect, and the food was delicious! Their all inclusive packages are great, and I was so amazed on all the beautiful decor, and vintage chic items, and furniture pieces they have on hand and allow their clients to use! What a gorgeous wedding!!! Amy & Mike were so happy, and it really was their dream fairy tale wedding come true! Thank you for all the hard work put into to ensure their wedding was a success! I will definitely refer Green Gables to my future clients, and look forward to working together on future events!

Wedding of our dreams & beyond

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Ollie L

We just got married at Green Gables Wedding estate in December! The staff at Green Gables was so great to work with, they answered my endless questions and really worked with me to get the wedding of our dreams! Even though it rained on our wedding day, Elham and the... Read More coordinators did a phenomenal job of making our day beautiful and very special. They set up the ceremony indoors and it was beautifully lit with candles. My favorite part of this venue is the amazing chandeliers on the dance floor. Very classic vintage feel. The bridal suite has gorgeous decor and furniture, which makes for great photos.

beautiful venue but bad service

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Eun Jin R

this wedding was absolutely beautiful and it captured gorgeously on all of our photos. all my guests were amazed by how beautiful the venue was. however, the planning process was extremely stressful and frustrating for many reasons: 1. at time of signing the contract, they make... Read More many empty promises and make you believe that they will do "anything" you want for your wedding. however, that is sadly not true. the cake person said she couldnt do the design i wanted (even though it was very simple so one of the planners had to contact her in order to get what I wanted), they didnt have all the decor options they told me they had at the beginning (they had said they had medium sized cylinder vases but in fact they only had tiny ones or really huge ones that are used for outdoor gardens), the linens are extra charge, even though they made it sound as if I could choose any linens included in our price, etc. 2. every single staff told me different things when it comes to payment method and time of payment for any additional guests. someone said they would bill me with the difference after the wedding. another person said i needed to bring cash. another person said I just had to give them a credit card, etc etc until I had to speak with the manager. this is very unprofessional. all staff should be aware of their policy. however, every single staff member told me a different story, which made it extremely confusing and frustrating for me. 3. food was very dry. cake was not so good. during the time of signing the contract, they tell you they have an amazing cake baker, who used to work for celebrities- however, at time of cake tasting, their cakes tasted awful as if they had been sitting on the freezer for months and thawed it just for the tasting. you can get better cakes at Costco or Ralph's. overall, the venue is beautiful but working with the team was frustrating. thankfully, my bridesmaids were there to help out a lot.

Beautiful Vintage Wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Natasha d

We were looking for a rustic, vintage-style private wedding venue to have our outdoor wedding in the San Diego area and with one just visit to Green Gables wedding estate we realized we had found just that and so much more. Green Gables is beautiful; affordable (we got married... Read More on a Thursday) and a fun, intimate venue which allows your guests to wander through pretty gardens, an old school house, lit with twinkling lights, fountains, and an awesome huge tent for the reception with colour-coordinated lighting, vintage chandeliers, and a dance floor… We liked that the wedding package included our cake, pastries, coffee bar, easy menu choices, and a wide variety of props and furniture to get the vintage look that you are after without having to go and buy old suitcases yourself. The package also came with day-of wedding assistant and wedding coordinator. We actually had the coordinator run our wedding rehearsal and everything went beautifully. The wedding assistant was extremely helpful helping out with dress, veil, etc... on the day for getting around between picture locations. The wedding coordinator maintained our schedule perfectly and went the extra mile ensuring that us (bride and groom) had everything we needed so that we could enjoy spending time with our guests.

A dream

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Brianna D

Green Gables Wedding Estate gave me the wedding of my dreams! In fact, it was beyond anything I ever could have imagined. My fiance and I were on a budget but the service and quality we received from the Green Gables staff was unparallelled! They helped us stay within our... Read More financial means and still get EVERYTHING we wanted. They were in contact with us every step of the way and helped make the whole process of planning a wedding easy and stress free. We were assigned a coordinator that made sure every detail was taken care of and that there was not so much as a petal out of place on our big day. In fact, my coordinator went out of her way to make sure we got everything we wanted. On the day of the wedding I forgot to bring in the babies breath filler for some mason jar decor we had. When she asked me if I had brought the flowers I said no and that we could just go on ahead without them. She left the room, but when she came back about 30 minutes later she told me she had "drummed up" some babies breath! In that moment I knew we had chosen the best venue. I was also assigned a phenomenal bridal assistant the day of. She was fantastic. She brought me tea, answered questions when I started getting overwhelmed, helped pose props for pictures, carried my bouquet when I was scrambling and even held up my train for pictures after the ceremony so that it wouldn't get dirty. All in all I would say that Green Gables is a venue that deserves a score of 11 out of 10. Everything was incredible and it made our wedding day so so special. I never felt worried about anything. They even had attendants for my husband and groomsmen. They kept everything flowing smoothly. I will never be able to rightly express my gratitude for the Green Gables staff for giving us a wedding beyond our wildest dreams. I will definitely be sending everyone I know their way!!!!!

worst wedding

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Diane G

Do not have your wedding here! It looks lovely but they have no idea how to run a wedding. It is over priced with no bar included, they promise you a perfect day and do not follow through. There was no direction, no microphone for the ceremony or cellist. The wedding party... Read More and family didn't even get a drink of water for over an hour after the ceremony, no appetizers or drinks that had been promised. In fact, we never saw one waiter with a tray of appetizers, even though we upgraded to the highest level. That was 25 people who didn't partake. They had water coolers in the bridal suite but no cups. The bathroom is too far away from the reception tent, up a hill. There were not enough place settings at two different tables, chairs had to be brought in and dishes etc. The cake/dessert was not served as promised but set on a table not even near the coffee. I had to go in search of the dessert and move the table closer to the coffee. I wish we could have a do over on my daughter's wedding. one more thing, the photo booth didn't fit into the tent, so it was set up outside, could be nice but everyone left the reception to go out there and the tent was nearly empty. No party there. Poor Planing to sum it up. It was like the first wedding they ever held.

Remarkable!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Ashlee E

If you want an outdoor wedding with a flare of vintage chic then this is your place. Not only is the site breath taking, but they have an incredible staff and really know how to execute!