Greenbriar Inn

Boulder, CO

Book Your Wedding with Greenbriar Inn

A HISTORIC VENUE IN BOULDER, CO

The Greenbriar Inn is situated in Boulder, Colorado, nestled on 20 scenic acres at the mouth of the Left Hand Canyon. The Greenbriar Inn offers its guests the finest combination of natural beauty and comfortable settings for indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions on this expansive property surrounded by picturesque mountain ranges and foothills.

Evolving from its original German and Austrian influences, The Greenbriar Inn continues its 45-year tradition of exceptional cuisine, fine wine and impeccable service. The completely renovated historic restaurant has a timeless, romantic atmosphere and provides an exceptional venue for a memorable occasion.

Main Dining Room. The Main Dining Room is the largest room located on the main floor and is connected to the Sunroom by large glass doors. The room has a warm and elegant country inn ambience with rich fabrics, warm woods and natural light. The Main Dining Room can seat 80 to 130 guests and can be extended by incorporating the Sunroom to seat up to 190 guests.

The Sunroom. The Sunroom leads out onto the South Lawn. It is flooded by natural light that pours in from the tall French glass doors. The Sunroom can seat 20 to 50 guests and is ideal for more intimate receptions as well as dancing when booked with the Main Dining Room.

The Little Room. The Little Room is the smallest and most intimate space in The Greenbriar Inn. This late 1800s bedroom formed part of the original home and is rich in charm and history. The Little Room is ideal for small receptions and can accommodate six to 22 guests. It can also be used as a bridal suite.

Upstairs Dining Room. The Upstairs Dining Room is a warm and inviting space with a stone fireplace, porcelain chandeliers and private bar area. French doors lead out onto a balcony with mountainside views. This room can seat up to 110 guests for a reception or can be used for indoor wedding ceremonies of up to 140 guests.

South Lawn. The South Lawn is an expansive manicured lawn area next to the Sunroom. The extensive gardens are filled with indigenous flowers, shrubs and trees. This is a lovely outdoor space for a wedding ceremony as well as being a ideal area to serve cocktails. The South Lawn can seat up to 180 guests.

Fountain Patio. The Fountain Patio is made of flagstone and is surrounded by gardens. An ancient Maple Ash tree enclosed with a wooden bench and a three tiered fountain make a stunning backdrop for photographs. This space seats up to 80 guests for an outdoor ceremony.

Cabin Lawn. The Cabin Lawn is the largest wedding ceremony site, on a manicured lawn with breathtaking mountain views. The Cabin lawns look out over acres of natural fields and woodlands. This space can seat up to 200 guests.

The Greenbriar Inn offers couples an in-house event coordinator to take care of all the details and requirements. The chef will assist couples in customizing a menu of seasonal American Cuisine while the pastry chef can create a custom wedding cake. The venue allows a one and a half hour setup time before the event and provides all linens, tables, chairs, silverware, plates and all other service ware.

A preferred list of vendors is offered for florists, music, photo booths, officiants, stationary and invitations, photography and nearby hotels. A one-hour rehearsal time is included in the wedding package. Ample free parking is available for guests. In addition to the Sunroom, three additional dance floor options are available for an added fee. Each space can be customized to reflect the theme, ambience and size of your event.

The Greenbriar Inn has received numerous wine awards over the years for their extensive wine list. Trained staff can carefully select the wine to compliment your menu choice ideally. Other perks include:

• Setup, cleanup and breakdown of event
  • Experienced event staff
  • Mobil Three Star-rated on-site restaurant for catering

A historic treasure nestled in the foothills.

A culinary experience beyond comparison! Seasonal American cuisine is served by a professional restaurant staff in an elegant antique setting just north of Boulder on 20 acres of pristine hillside. Parties of 10-300 enjoy easy planning, ceremonies on three garden lawns, and dancing til midnight.

• Outdoor - Covered

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Historic Venue, Mountain, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2008

8735 N Foothills Hwy, Boulder, CO (303) 440-7979

Understated elegance at base of Colorado foothills

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Lisa M

My husband and I were married at the Greenbriar Inn this past July. We had an outdoors ceremony on the cabin lawn, followed by a sit-down dinner and reception inside the restaurant. To be honest, I am a Nature-lover and had originally wished to get married on the summit - or... Read More even the side - of a mountain here in Colorado. The hike wouldn't have been fair to some of our guests, though. Also, the catering and other services for a fully outdoor wedding turned out to be much more complicated and expensive than I had expected. When I visited the full-service Greenbriar Inn, nestled against the beautiful foothills of Boulder, I knew that I'd found a place that would meet everyone’s needs beautifully. I tend to shy away from most formalities, but I enjoy classy surroundings - and excellent food - at the same time. There is an understated elegance to the Greenbriar, a lack of pretension combined with superior service, which is very appealing. I've been told that it's highly hectic and stressful for a lot of brides on their wedding day, and had been warned that I may not even get to enjoy the food and all the other details that I had spent so much painstaking time and effort selecting. What a terrible thought! However, thanks to the combined efforts of our outstanding event planner, the kitchen and service staff, the groundskeeper, and the owners themselves, I can even say that I had a wonderful time at my own wedding. (I must mention that we were also blessed with perfect weather, although I was confident that any unforeseen situations would be taken in stride by the venue.) The vendors were perfectly coordinated, all the minutiae of the day were paid attention to with care and precision, and everything flowed seamlessly from one event to the next. We had added some special touches to our ceremony, including a release of live Monarch butterflies. My groom remarked that he had simply handed the package to the event planner, and then the butterflies were simply ready and waiting when it was time to release them. We were also grateful to have the flexibility to customize our event to our personal preferences in various ways. Here is another example of the service we received: After my groom and I were “introduced” at the reception, the head server was thoughtful enough to bring each of us plates with a selection of delicious hors de'oeuvres. We would have missed them otherwise, since we were having our photos taken while everyone else was having cocktails. It was the attention to little details like this that made our experience so special. Our wedding was a thorough success with our family and friends, whose ages ranged from 18 to 80. The words I have heard most often in response to our wedding are “beautiful” and “delicious”. Everything I could have hoped for - and my husband has stated that he is glad to have a special place that we can both look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Jessica N

The Greenbriar experience was more than I could have ever asked for. They provided everything I needed for the most perfect day. The team, service, and food were top of the line and the venue was beautiful for photos. It was so nice to have the wedding/reception in one... Read More place, which was great for our guests. Our date was early July and the weather cooperated wonderfully. I have to mention/acknowledge our Greenbriar coordinator, Kathi Jo, she was AMAZING! She walked me through the process every step of way. I was so confident in her and the venue that I had no worries the day of - and everything went perfectly thanks to the professionalism of Kathi Jo and the entire team at The Greenbriar. I would HIGHLY recommend The Greenbriar to any couple considering a beautiful outdoor Boulder/Colorado venue.

Wonderful Wedding - Everything was magical

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Mark C

We had the most spectacular August wedding. Having grown up in and around Boulder, having our venue set at the base of the rolling hills was absolutely perfect. The venue staff are super helpful and on top of things. They are busy, but they always get the information form you... Read More they need to make the event go off without a hitch. Our ceremony was in the morning, and it was sunny, but there were patches of shade on the south lawn. There were a number of comments about traffic noise, and that was honestly my only concern, but with the PA system, we didn't notice ANYTHING during the actual ceremony. We had a cocktail hour with passed appetizers and drinks which was wonderful for our guests and then a lovely plated lunch which was affordable and delicious. They work so well with all the dietary restrictions of our guests. Everything went off without a hitch and seemed so smooth we were able to concentrate on the important things, GETTING MARRIED. Overall, with our budget and asks for a wedding of 70, we felt like this was the best choice we could have possibly made! Thank you for a wonderful day, we will remember it ALWAYS.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Christine M

Phil, Kathi Jo, and the whole Greenbriar team were exceptional. They did a great job herding all of our guests and keeping everything on track. Kathi Jo communicated well with us during the whole process, and very patiently held our hands when we had difficulties or questions.... Read More We were hoping for an outdoor ceremony, but the weather didn't cooperate - fortunately the Greenbriar team moved everything inside and it all went off very smoothly. The food was beyond phenomenal, the ambiance was perfect, and we did not want for anything.

2017-05-26T17:33:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you Christine and Mic! Your family was a blast. The car names for the tables was a great touch and your tea cup and honey favors were a big hit. The guests loved picking from the many selections that you offered. Best wishes and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Heather S

Everything was PERFECT! There was not a detail overlooked, and our guests were treated with such kindness and respect. It was really incredible, not a week goes by that we don't have a friend or a family member comment on what a beautiful and happy wedding we had. I can't... Read More imagine having gotten married anywhere else. The attention to detail was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

Our wedding venue was easily decided as both of us know and love The Greenbriar Inn. But I had no idea how perfect our day would be and how easy and accommodating Kathi Jo would be. All requests, including space to assemble and decorate our wedding cake 'on site' in advance were... Read More met with smiles. Professionalism, while maintaining a personal touch throughout, was the order of the day. Bouquets were brought out for photos then back into vases until needed, food served without a hitch, and the most delicious food beautifully cooked and presented. The wedding ceremony upstairs, with a solo cellist, and dinner for 34 downstairs in the sun room made for an ideal venue. Beautiful spaces outdoors for photos as well as indoors. We could not have wanted anything more.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Neddy C

Perfect! That is is exactly how I would describe our wedding day. My ceremony was celebrated early October on the cabin lawn, and it couldn't have been more beautiful. Reception was upstairs followed by dancing! To be able to find such a beautiful venue for both your ceremony... Read More and reception in one is such luck! Every question was answered without hesitation which gave me the confidence to completely relax on the day of. For how stressful wedding planning can be, the team at the Greenbriar was incredibly helpful and always went the extra mile. They I highly recommend The Greenbriar to any couple looking to get married any time of year! I could never thank them enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kimberly M

We could not have asked for a better venue. Kathi Jo made sure everything was taken care of so my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing on our special day (she even helped me with my dress when a bustle wouldn't stay put). The food was absolutely amazing! The staff... Read More even made sure to put together a plate of appetizers for us while we were taking pictures so we didn't have to miss out. Our guests were raving about Greenbriar Inn all weekend. Thank you so much! We will be recommending them to anyone looking for an affordable, top-notch venue in Colorado.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Elyse D

Wonderful food, wonderful staff and a wonderful setting made for a wonderful wedding!! I highly recommend checking this place out as part of your venue search.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Melissa T

I had my brunch reception at the Greenbriar Inn just a few weeks ago in the middle of October and the whole venue looked SPECTACULAR dressed in fall colors. The landscaping is immaculate and we were so lucky to have all the trees peak at the right time in bright oranges, reds... Read More and yellows. All of our guests could not stop complementing us on how we chose such a beautiful venue . 90% of our guests were from out of town so we were pleased to give them the rocky mountain experience without having to drive too deep into the mountains. More importantly, the food and service is what we were utterly pleased with. As a bride, I felt I didn't have to worry about any minor details which is big deal as you all are planning your wedding. Kathi Jo and Valerie are top notch and made the whole day run smoothly. I cannot thank the Greenbriar and their staff enough for giving my husband and I the most perfect and effortless day. We are still waiting on our photographers for photos otherwise I cannot wait to share how pleased we are!! Cheers!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Karen M

Greenbriar Inn has my highest recommendation! Kathi Jo and all of the staff are very professional, helpful, and listened to what we wanted for our wedding. They provided meal options within our budget. The lawn and outdoor areas were beautiful for our ceremony. The inside... Read More dining area was warm, cozy and romantic. The whole experience exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ally B

My husband and I had our wedding at the Greenbriar this past June, and from booking the venue til the moment we finished our reception and drove off in the limo this place was perfect!!! Kathi Jo and her team were rock stars and made sure everything was just how we imagined. The... Read More Greenbriar has several options for outside ceremony's and the inside of the Inn is so beautifully decorated and maintained. We had our ceremony out on one of their lawns with the mountains as the backdrop, talk about getting married in real Colorado. The food and drinks this place offers is top notch! I am gluten free and had to have special accommodations for my food and the Greenbriar went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. We had our reception upstairs and I could not have wished it to have been better. The way everything flowed from dinner, to dances and speeches was flawless. They know what they are doing and will make sure your day goes perfectly!!! When I went to tour the Greenbriar we took a walk around the ground and before we even got to see the inside of the Inn we were sold. Our guests kept commenting on how great the food was, the landscaping was gorgeous, the staff was so kind and helpful. I could go on for days with how much I loved having our special day at the Greenbriar and would advice everyone to check it out for any wedding. I love the fact that my husband and I can now go back every year on our anniversary and get some delicious food at this place that is now so special on our hearts.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

When we first got engaged my Fiancé and I noticed that there are many wedding venues that are very nice but that feel like 'wedding factories'. Pretty places but nothing special. The Greenbriar Inn is perfect! We got so many compliments on the location and the food, as well... Read More as the staff. We had our ceremony on the Cabin Lawn, followed by Cocktails on the South Lawn, dinner in the Large Dining Room, and dancing and photo booth in the Sun Room. Our wedding had 100 guests which was a perfect fit, although they can accommodate more. I love the wood in the dining room, the beautiful trees all over the property, and the very intimate feel of the place. Kathi Jo is the onsite event coordinator and she did a fantastic job of helping us plan our wedding and answered our many emails about details large and small. The night of our wedding Kathi Jo was on hand to make sure the vendors knew where to set up, and kept everything rolling. Assisting her was Valerie. Valerie is delightful!!! So nice and handled everything with a smile. She regularly checked in with us to make sure everything was as we wanted it. At one point during dinner my sister had to step outside to handle an important phone call and one of the waiters noticed she was outside. He went out to check on her and brought her more champagne until she was able to rejoin the rest of us inside. So classy. I wanted a grooms cake for my husband and hired an outside baker to make it (a huge deer head cake, check out A Slice of Creation in Broomfield). Immediately following dinner the wait staff brought it out and it was like a little parade. Everyone made it so much fun - Amazing staff! I wasn't sure how they would feel serving a grooms cake that was made by an outside baker but they were wonderful. The wedding cake was made by their onsite baker and was delicious (Almond Jaconde with wild berries). They have their own garden so the salads, spices, and vegetables are fresh and constantly harvested. We met the owner, Phil, and he also checked in with us to make sure we were happy - we were!! I could go on and on.. if you are looking for a huge venue that is pretty but with no stand out details, they are everywhere. If you want a beautiful property, amazing food, and a memorable night for your guests you've found it at The Greenbriar Inn. Congratulations all you newly engaged couples!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Our daughter was married on June 26, 2016 and it could not have been more perfect. From the gorgeous back drop to the attention that was given to each and every detail was amazing. Kathi Jo is great at her job and made sure our daughter's day was perfect in every way! The food,... Read More drinks, staff were top notch and the wedding went off without a hitch. The Greenbriar has a beautiful setting and is located very close to Longmont and Boulder. We have since been back for dinner and brunch and again Kathi Jo and her staff were very welcoming to us. If you are looking for a great place for your wedding or parties The Greenbriar is your place. It definitely was a great day spent with friends and family!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Emily L

I had my wedding and reception here and it was better than I expected. So beautiful and elegant. The staff was amazing, very professional. The food and drinks were wonderful as well as the cake. The grounds are breathtaking and story book for an outdoor wedding. Its amazing... Read More how inexpensive the venue is as well. Because you will use their restaurant and buy there food, you get this venue at next to nothing. And you don't need to organize vendors/venue -its one stop shopping. I definitely recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Ali W

We loved everything about having our wedding at the Greenbriar Inn. Kathi Jo made planning so steamlined and easy, and made sure everything went off without a hitch. The setting is so beautiful, the food is great (fresh from their garden!) and the day was perfect. Thank you so... Read More much to Phil, Kathi Jo, and the whole team at the Greenbriar Inn for making our wedding day magical.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Susan H

The Greenbriar is beautiful and the food is perfect. It's the best large-event food you'll ever have. But their customer service is not the best. They do things their way and aren't flexible to treat the customer like the customer. Go there for small parties!

2016-09-09T16:36:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review and we are so glad that you enjoyed the venue and food. We are very sorry to hear that we fell short in the customer service department and that you did not feel that you got to do... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Jen N

We had our wedding here May 28th and it was beautiful:) All our guest said the food was amazingly good and they loved the venue. Kathi Jo was awesome to work with and she even helped figure out how to bussle my dress. Looking forward to many anniversary dinners here!

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Lindsay B

The Greenbriar Inn was a beautiful rustic place for our September wedding. We are so glad we chose this venue. To start with, they were incredibly easy and helpful to work with. Kathi Jo was amazing, and she was very patient as we worked through all the little details. With... Read More the Greenbriar, you can have them handle all the food, the cake, the ceremony set up and take down, the drinks, the linens.. etc. It really made it easy on us. Also, they organize a wine, apps, and cake tasting which is a ton of fun and allows you to experience the options. At the rehearsal, Kathi Jo really ran the show and knew how to hold a rehearsal, which helped us since our friend was our officiant. We had the ceremony outdoors which was very nice, but they also always have a plan B in case the weather goes bad which was very comforting. We had the cocktail hour outdoors also and loved it – we wished we could have had even longer out there (but we would have been there all night if we did)! We had our reception upstairs, the fire place and pictures of the mountains and places we have hiked together really made it perfect for us. Similar to other reviews, while we love the Colorado outdoors and hiking, our family is older and many of our friends and family have young kids so not all of our guests would have been that comfortable or able to attend a remote mountain location – the Greenbriar offered the perfect blend of both the outdoors, and accessibility for folks of all ages and proximity to area hotels. The service and the food were excellent. They were able to get both champagne and sparkling cider for the bridal “get ready room” so my junior bridesmaids could join in a toast. Everyone raved about the food – particularly the lamb which is locally sourced. Our guests had diets ranging from vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, oat and dairy free – you name it, and they were able to accommodate everyone. They even put together two pieces of vegan carrot cake for the vegans in our bridal party. The cake was beautiful – I let them decide how to do it (I just selected the flavors and asked the florist to bring some extra flowers for it), and it came out perfect – better than I could have asked for. I went with the white cake with berries option, yum. We also had many kids from ages 4 months all the through 10, and it worked out great. We were a bit worried about it being too formal, but between the outdoor portions of the evening and the dancing after dinner, the kids all had a great time. Things to consider… They do have two weddings a day often. It ended up working out just fine, and although I did wish they shut down the other group’s music during our ceremony, the rest of the evening it felt like we had the place to ourselves (I personally felt that the background music was fine and actually helped to cover up the traffic noises, and my husband said he didn’t even notice it, but we did have a couple comments from guests). Also, there is only one bridal “get ready room” so it’s first come first serve on that. The other party on our day had their ceremony elsewhere, so we didn’t have an issue reserving it. It’s also a bit dark in that room, so you may want to consider bringing an extra light – there are plenty of plugs. Finally, one thing that made us really like the venue is that it is an operating restaurant and bar, so you can come back for anniversaries or just to stop by and grab a drink, so that part is pretty cool.

Excellent food; beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Bryan L

Loved our June 2015 wedding at the Greenbriar Inn. The dinning room is beautiful and the outdoor areas for the ceremony and cocktail hour are perfect! The staff was incredible! Everything went very smoothly. It started raining during our ceremony on the lawn (looked like we were... Read More going to make it, so we didn't move things indoors ... oh well!) and it was actually not a problem at all. Kathi Jo helped us rearrange the family portraits to inside and move the cocktail hour indoors as well. Virtually no downtime at all despite the inclement weather! And the food was VERY good! We couldn't make the tasting date, but it didn't matter because everything was incredible! Figuring out all the food items and locations, and other options was probably the only slightly difficult part – we ended up spending a lot of time on the phone and via email going back and forth about various options. It was really nice that they were super flexible about everything, but it would have been great to have all of that streamlined a bit for out-of state folks like us.

Great Place for small budget wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Melanie R

I had less than 60 people at our wedding (ceremony and reception). the food was amazing and the service was extraordinary. the Greenbriar staff really went above and beyond to help make this day special. For the quality of the food and service the price was really reasonable.... Read More I highly recommend them!

Bride

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

What an amazing location, staff, food! We could not have had a better experience.

Perfect venue for us!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

We thought that the Greenbriar Inn would be the perfect venue for our wedding because we didn't want a traditional hotel ballroom, and it was even better than we imagined. The food and wine were spectacular, and the scenery couldn't be beat. Service was top-notch as well. The... Read More wait staff were always there to help, and Kathy Jo made the entire event seem easy. We were truly able to enjoy the moment and not worry about the details because we knew they would be taken care of beyond our expectations.

Reception

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melissa D

We had a brunch buffet reception at The Greenbriar Inn for our wedding. I wanted someplace I wouldn't have to worry about doing much decorating and that had good food. Wedding sources say now to find what 2 or 3 things you want to prioritize for your wedding. My top was the... Read More food, so I picked The Greenbriar based off their menu. All my guests really enjoyed our reception and look forward to dining at The Greenbriar in the future. There were so many dishes and lots of options to choose from when building our menu. We used their pastry chef for our cake and it was wonderful. It was just so nice to use a full service reception venue that took care of preparing the site that day. Working with the staff for the planning process was also very easy.

Rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

We hosted the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at The Greenbriar and were exceptionally pleased with the service and the advice about all preparations prior to the dinner. We were impressed with how professional, tasteful and accurate the advice and service was. The food... Read More was delicious. The staff worked to accommodate our particular wishes, regarding seating arrangements, dietary options, flowers, and linens and to make hosting an event as someone from another part of the country easy and stress free. Working with the Greenbriar was a pleasure in every respect.