Book Your Wedding with Greenbriar Inn

A HISTORIC VENUE IN BOULDER, CO

The Greenbriar Inn is situated in Boulder, Colorado, nestled on 20 scenic acres at the mouth of the Left Hand Canyon. The Greenbriar Inn offers its guests the finest combination of natural beauty and comfortable settings for indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions on this expansive property surrounded by picturesque mountain ranges and foothills.

Evolving from its original German and Austrian influences, The Greenbriar Inn continues its 45-year tradition of exceptional cuisine, fine wine and impeccable service. The completely renovated historic restaurant has a timeless, romantic atmosphere and provides an exceptional venue for a memorable occasion.

Main Dining Room. The Main Dining Room is the largest room located on the main floor and is connected to the Sunroom by large glass doors. The room has a warm and elegant country inn ambience with rich fabrics, warm woods and natural light. The Main Dining Room can seat 80 to 130 guests and can be extended by incorporating the Sunroom to seat up to 190 guests.

The Sunroom. The Sunroom leads out onto the South Lawn. It is flooded by natural light that pours in from the tall French glass doors. The Sunroom can seat 20 to 50 guests and is ideal for more intimate receptions as well as dancing when booked with the Main Dining Room.

The Little Room. The Little Room is the smallest and most intimate space in The Greenbriar Inn. This late 1800s bedroom formed part of the original home and is rich in charm and history. The Little Room is ideal for small receptions and can accommodate six to 22 guests. It can also be used as a bridal suite.

Upstairs Dining Room. The Upstairs Dining Room is a warm and inviting space with a stone fireplace, porcelain chandeliers and private bar area. French doors lead out onto a balcony with mountainside views. This room can seat up to 110 guests for a reception or can be used for indoor wedding ceremonies of up to 140 guests.

South Lawn. The South Lawn is an expansive manicured lawn area next to the Sunroom. The extensive gardens are filled with indigenous flowers, shrubs and trees. This is a lovely outdoor space for a wedding ceremony as well as being a ideal area to serve cocktails. The South Lawn can seat up to 180 guests.

Fountain Patio. The Fountain Patio is made of flagstone and is surrounded by gardens. An ancient Maple Ash tree enclosed with a wooden bench and a three tiered fountain make a stunning backdrop for photographs. This space seats up to 80 guests for an outdoor ceremony.

Cabin Lawn. The Cabin Lawn is the largest wedding ceremony site, on a manicured lawn with breathtaking mountain views. The Cabin lawns look out over acres of natural fields and woodlands. This space can seat up to 200 guests.

The Greenbriar Inn offers couples an in-house event coordinator to take care of all the details and requirements. The chef will assist couples in customizing a menu of seasonal American Cuisine while the pastry chef can create a custom wedding cake. The venue allows a one and a half hour setup time before the event and provides all linens, tables, chairs, silverware, plates and all other service ware.

A preferred list of vendors is offered for florists, music, photo booths, officiants, stationary and invitations, photography and nearby hotels. A one-hour rehearsal time is included in the wedding package. Ample free parking is available for guests. In addition to the Sunroom, three additional dance floor options are available for an added fee. Each space can be customized to reflect the theme, ambience and size of your event.

The Greenbriar Inn has received numerous wine awards over the years for their extensive wine list. Trained staff can carefully select the wine to compliment your menu choice ideally. Other perks include:

• Setup, cleanup and breakdown of event
  • Experienced event staff
  • Mobil Three Star-rated on-site restaurant for catering

A historic treasure nestled in the foothills.

A culinary experience beyond comparison! Seasonal American cuisine is served by a professional restaurant staff in an elegant antique setting just north of Boulder on 20 acres of pristine hillside. Parties of 10-300 enjoy easy planning, ceremonies on three garden lawns, and dancing til midnight.

• Outdoor - Covered

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Historic Venue, Mountain, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2008

8735 N Foothills Hwy, Boulder, CO (303) 440-7979

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Sarah M

This venue is stunning, quaint, and everything we wanted! It's impossible to have a bad view during the ceremony. The staff here is wonderful, helpful, and kind. Kathi Jo makes any worry or concern you have go away. She has years of experience and makes the process as painless... Read More as possible. I never worried about things getting done as I knew we were in good hands. On top off the amazing views and wonderful staff...their food is absolutely delicious! Our guests were raving about their meals. My husband and I will always be back for brunch and dinner!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Chris D

My wife and I just had our wedding at the Greenbriar Inn about 3 weeks ago. Let me say that they absolutely out did themselves. We originally booked because the outdoor ceremony area was so beautiful. Unfortunately it rained all day on our day, They moved the ceremony inside and... Read More it was still amazing. Not a single thing went wrong, which i was told to expect by other married couples I know. It was perfect and beautiful. The food was to die for, and the staff was perfect. We could not have asked for a more accommodating venue. They went out of their way to do everything my wife and I wanted or asked. I absolutely recommend that this venue be considered when having a wedding. Its classic and elegant and run well as far as their events go. Thank you Greenbriar for providing such a special day that we will never forget. Chris and Katie

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Christine M

Phil, Kathi Jo, and the whole Greenbriar team were exceptional. They did a great job herding all of our guests and keeping everything on track. Kathi Jo communicated well with us during the whole process, and very patiently held our hands when we had difficulties or questions.... Read More We were hoping for an outdoor ceremony, but the weather didn't cooperate - fortunately the Greenbriar team moved everything inside and it all went off very smoothly. The food was beyond phenomenal, the ambiance was perfect, and we did not want for anything.

2017-05-26T17:33:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you Christine and Mic! Your family was a blast. The car names for the tables was a great touch and your tea cup and honey favors were a big hit. The guests loved picking from the many selections that you offered. Best wishes and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Roseanna G

The Greenbriar simply cannot be topped! We were married there in May with a champagne brunch reception. Kathi Jo made every worry melt away like the snow we received only days prior to our outdoor ceremony. As a self titled control freak, it was amazing to know that Kathi Jo,... Read More Phil, and the rest of the staff at The Greenbriar Inn had everything taken care of. I was able to relax and enjoy my special day. My hair and makeup ladies even said that I was the most relaxed bride they had ever worked with. This was all because Kathi Jo took care of every question or request I had for her without hesitation. When we asked for donuts for our guests before the ceremony and a custom cinnamon bun flavored wedding cake, she didn't even bat an eye before saying they could do that. I would get married every weekend at The Greenbriar Inn if I could and we will certainly be return guests for many a brunch to come. If you are considering The Greenbriar Inn for your wedding, my best advice would be to book it now!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Julia G

We had an absolutely perfect reception at the Greenbriar Inn! We found KathiJo to be very creative, honest, and responsive. She had really great ideas when we worked with her to plan the reception and didn't leave a single detail to chance. At the reception, Valerie ensured... Read More that we didn't have to worry about a thing and were able to just enjoy ourselves. She was so kind and great to work with . All of the wait staff were great!! The food was amazing, the wine was delicious, and the atmosphere was enchanting and romantic! Thank you to everyone at Greenbriar Inn for helping us celebrate our new beginning!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Laura W

The Green Briar Inn was absolutely perfect for our wedding if 75 guests. The setting is spectacular! We chose October 7 to be adorned with color in an outside ceremony and appetizer spread. It was glorious. Kathi Jo, the wedding consultant for the venue was nothing but lovely... Read More and detail juggler extroidaire. She was a great communicator in experience based knowledge of the venue and wedding planner details, while supporting our unique twist to our own ideas. The sit down dinner ( in upstairs room) was incredible. The room was gorgeous and the table settings glorious and warm and us. The food was varied and incredible , as always , at the green briar inn for every event or intimate dinner. We are so happy with the memories the GBI has given us an our guest. All comments were sheer " delightful and magical" as one guest said. So true. Many thanks for the entire staff's incredible service and warmth and superior service. The cost for such an incredible event with so many moving parts was very reasonable for such finery. With much appreciation. Laura and Tom

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lindsay R

This is a magical place to have a winter wedding! The Greenbriar is known across the city for it's incredible food, fresh menu, and tasty drinks! At some places you loose the flavor of the food when you order in big batches, but not here. We were able to pick exactly what we... Read More wanted, including some things not even on the menu! It is nestled at the base of the foothills, giving it a mountain elegant feel without being hard to get to. The heated dance floor is unmatched with glass on three sides, giving the wedding an outdoor feel without the risk of weather. On top of that the staff was spectacular! Kathy Jo was thorough, flexible, and allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams! Highly, HIGHLY recommended!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Andrea P

Fantastic venue, food and and service! Wedding cocktail hour and dinner was unbelievable! Kathy joe was the best wedding coordinator ever!! A true gem overall!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Jonna L

Everything was wonderful! The staff is super helpful and thoughtful. We had so much fun, and (as always) the food was incredible.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Daniel D

Wonderful service in planning and on day of wedding. Beautiful well staffed facility, treated well by all staff. Flexible and cooperative with our choices and wishes. Accommodated us in every way possible. Expensive and higher priced options discussed, but no pressure. Probably... Read More less in cost than other elegant settings. We are both pleased with our choice, and our guests were obviously quite happy.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 H Y

While the venue is beautiful, food was well executed, and the staff including the event coordinator were friendly and helpful throughout; service was slow to the point that our guests started asking US how they needed to get service. Many of our guests were missing from our... Read More rented space and at the bar on the other side of the restaurant to order drinks as a result so our first dance and most of the reception was pretty thin. My amazing bridesmaids made several trips to the bar to bring us drinks. I had to personally flag down servers from other parts of the restaurant. The contract is arbitrary since they are able to change prices at any given time including 6 days before our event after what I thought was the final contract. Yes, they stipulate that they can change prices at any time in the contract but would have rather seen the higher prices from the beginning then have it adjusted down rather than the other way around. We complained to the owner and we were offered a gift certificate for 4 which we accepted. It's obvious they take pride in their business and have reached out to me again following my feedback which I appreciate. Of course it was still one of the best days of my life but the service issues were unfortunate since it did affect us and our guests from really being able to enjoy the reception.

2017-08-24T14:27:58 Response from the vendor

Han and Chad, We appreciate your feedback, are so happy that you enjoyed the food, ambiance, and staff at your wedding and apologize, again, that you felt that your drink service was slow. We do take pride in our business and have never had a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kelsey M

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Greenbriar, and were so impressed with the staff, the food, and the location and ambiance. We hosted a smaller dinner (25 people) in their beautiful sunroom, and then opened it up to about 100 of our guests for dessert/drinks in the connected... Read More garden/patio area (which is just off of the sunroom). Everything flowed so well, and the staff at the Greenbriar could not have been more accommodating! I would highly recommend it to any couple that is looking for a special venue for either their rehearsal dinner or even a smaller reception at a very reasonable price!!

2017-08-24T14:26:19 Response from the vendor

Diane, thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and being a part of Phillip and Kelsey's wedding weekend celebration! We loved your table lantern décor- it made the ambiance even more special. Take care and we hope... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Heather S

Everything was PERFECT! There was not a detail overlooked, and our guests were treated with such kindness and respect. It was really incredible, not a week goes by that we don't have a friend or a family member comment on what a beautiful and happy wedding we had. I can't... Read More imagine having gotten married anywhere else. The attention to detail was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

Our wedding venue was easily decided as both of us know and love The Greenbriar Inn. But I had no idea how perfect our day would be and how easy and accommodating Kathi Jo would be. All requests, including space to assemble and decorate our wedding cake 'on site' in advance were... Read More met with smiles. Professionalism, while maintaining a personal touch throughout, was the order of the day. Bouquets were brought out for photos then back into vases until needed, food served without a hitch, and the most delicious food beautifully cooked and presented. The wedding ceremony upstairs, with a solo cellist, and dinner for 34 downstairs in the sun room made for an ideal venue. Beautiful spaces outdoors for photos as well as indoors. We could not have wanted anything more.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Neddy C

Perfect! That is is exactly how I would describe our wedding day. My ceremony was celebrated early October on the cabin lawn, and it couldn't have been more beautiful. Reception was upstairs followed by dancing! To be able to find such a beautiful venue for both your ceremony... Read More and reception in one is such luck! Every question was answered without hesitation which gave me the confidence to completely relax on the day of. For how stressful wedding planning can be, the team at the Greenbriar was incredibly helpful and always went the extra mile. They I highly recommend The Greenbriar to any couple looking to get married any time of year! I could never thank them enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kimberly M

We could not have asked for a better venue. Kathi Jo made sure everything was taken care of so my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing on our special day (she even helped me with my dress when a bustle wouldn't stay put). The food was absolutely amazing! The staff... Read More even made sure to put together a plate of appetizers for us while we were taking pictures so we didn't have to miss out. Our guests were raving about Greenbriar Inn all weekend. Thank you so much! We will be recommending them to anyone looking for an affordable, top-notch venue in Colorado.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Elyse D

Wonderful food, wonderful staff and a wonderful setting made for a wonderful wedding!! I highly recommend checking this place out as part of your venue search.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Melissa T

I had my brunch reception at the Greenbriar Inn just a few weeks ago in the middle of October and the whole venue looked SPECTACULAR dressed in fall colors. The landscaping is immaculate and we were so lucky to have all the trees peak at the right time in bright oranges, reds... Read More and yellows. All of our guests could not stop complementing us on how we chose such a beautiful venue . 90% of our guests were from out of town so we were pleased to give them the rocky mountain experience without having to drive too deep into the mountains. More importantly, the food and service is what we were utterly pleased with. As a bride, I felt I didn't have to worry about any minor details which is big deal as you all are planning your wedding. Kathi Jo and Valerie are top notch and made the whole day run smoothly. I cannot thank the Greenbriar and their staff enough for giving my husband and I the most perfect and effortless day. We are still waiting on our photographers for photos otherwise I cannot wait to share how pleased we are!! Cheers!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Karen M

Greenbriar Inn has my highest recommendation! Kathi Jo and all of the staff are very professional, helpful, and listened to what we wanted for our wedding. They provided meal options within our budget. The lawn and outdoor areas were beautiful for our ceremony. The inside... Read More dining area was warm, cozy and romantic. The whole experience exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Ally B

My husband and I had our wedding at the Greenbriar this past June, and from booking the venue til the moment we finished our reception and drove off in the limo this place was perfect!!! Kathi Jo and her team were rock stars and made sure everything was just how we imagined. The... Read More Greenbriar has several options for outside ceremony's and the inside of the Inn is so beautifully decorated and maintained. We had our ceremony out on one of their lawns with the mountains as the backdrop, talk about getting married in real Colorado. The food and drinks this place offers is top notch! I am gluten free and had to have special accommodations for my food and the Greenbriar went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. We had our reception upstairs and I could not have wished it to have been better. The way everything flowed from dinner, to dances and speeches was flawless. They know what they are doing and will make sure your day goes perfectly!!! When I went to tour the Greenbriar we took a walk around the ground and before we even got to see the inside of the Inn we were sold. Our guests kept commenting on how great the food was, the landscaping was gorgeous, the staff was so kind and helpful. I could go on for days with how much I loved having our special day at the Greenbriar and would advice everyone to check it out for any wedding. I love the fact that my husband and I can now go back every year on our anniversary and get some delicious food at this place that is now so special on our hearts.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

When we first got engaged my Fiancé and I noticed that there are many wedding venues that are very nice but that feel like 'wedding factories'. Pretty places but nothing special. The Greenbriar Inn is perfect! We got so many compliments on the location and the food, as well... Read More as the staff. We had our ceremony on the Cabin Lawn, followed by Cocktails on the South Lawn, dinner in the Large Dining Room, and dancing and photo booth in the Sun Room. Our wedding had 100 guests which was a perfect fit, although they can accommodate more. I love the wood in the dining room, the beautiful trees all over the property, and the very intimate feel of the place. Kathi Jo is the onsite event coordinator and she did a fantastic job of helping us plan our wedding and answered our many emails about details large and small. The night of our wedding Kathi Jo was on hand to make sure the vendors knew where to set up, and kept everything rolling. Assisting her was Valerie. Valerie is delightful!!! So nice and handled everything with a smile. She regularly checked in with us to make sure everything was as we wanted it. At one point during dinner my sister had to step outside to handle an important phone call and one of the waiters noticed she was outside. He went out to check on her and brought her more champagne until she was able to rejoin the rest of us inside. So classy. I wanted a grooms cake for my husband and hired an outside baker to make it (a huge deer head cake, check out A Slice of Creation in Broomfield). Immediately following dinner the wait staff brought it out and it was like a little parade. Everyone made it so much fun - Amazing staff! I wasn't sure how they would feel serving a grooms cake that was made by an outside baker but they were wonderful. The wedding cake was made by their onsite baker and was delicious (Almond Jaconde with wild berries). They have their own garden so the salads, spices, and vegetables are fresh and constantly harvested. We met the owner, Phil, and he also checked in with us to make sure we were happy - we were!! I could go on and on.. if you are looking for a huge venue that is pretty but with no stand out details, they are everywhere. If you want a beautiful property, amazing food, and a memorable night for your guests you've found it at The Greenbriar Inn. Congratulations all you newly engaged couples!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Our daughter was married on June 26, 2016 and it could not have been more perfect. From the gorgeous back drop to the attention that was given to each and every detail was amazing. Kathi Jo is great at her job and made sure our daughter's day was perfect in every way! The food,... Read More drinks, staff were top notch and the wedding went off without a hitch. The Greenbriar has a beautiful setting and is located very close to Longmont and Boulder. We have since been back for dinner and brunch and again Kathi Jo and her staff were very welcoming to us. If you are looking for a great place for your wedding or parties The Greenbriar is your place. It definitely was a great day spent with friends and family!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Jessica N

The Greenbriar experience was more than I could have ever asked for. They provided everything I needed for the most perfect day. The team, service, and food were top of the line and the venue was beautiful for photos. It was so nice to have the wedding/reception in one... Read More place, which was great for our guests. Our date was early July and the weather cooperated wonderfully. I have to mention/acknowledge our Greenbriar coordinator, Kathi Jo, she was AMAZING! She walked me through the process every step of way. I was so confident in her and the venue that I had no worries the day of - and everything went perfectly thanks to the professionalism of Kathi Jo and the entire team at The Greenbriar. I would HIGHLY recommend The Greenbriar to any couple considering a beautiful outdoor Boulder/Colorado venue.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Emily L

I had my wedding and reception here and it was better than I expected. So beautiful and elegant. The staff was amazing, very professional. The food and drinks were wonderful as well as the cake. The grounds are breathtaking and story book for an outdoor wedding. Its amazing... Read More how inexpensive the venue is as well. Because you will use their restaurant and buy there food, you get this venue at next to nothing. And you don't need to organize vendors/venue -its one stop shopping. I definitely recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Ali W

We loved everything about having our wedding at the Greenbriar Inn. Kathi Jo made planning so steamlined and easy, and made sure everything went off without a hitch. The setting is so beautiful, the food is great (fresh from their garden!) and the day was perfect. Thank you so... Read More much to Phil, Kathi Jo, and the whole team at the Greenbriar Inn for making our wedding day magical.