Cuisine

Vegetarian

Food + Catering

308 Belvedere Avenue, Charlevoix, MI (231) 547-9261

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Cassie R

We used Grey Gables for our wedding 10/2 at Castle Farms and they were phenomenal! The food was excellent and the service / bartenders were great! I never noticed a wait. They also went above and beyond and folded our napkins for us. In general they were very easy to work... Read More with. We also had our rehearsal dinner in their back room and it was lovely! Would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Susan C

We had our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant and then had them cater our wedding the following night. Everyone at the wedding raved about how good the food was. Everything was delicious. The staff was courteous and very efficient. We had a few guests with severe allergies... Read More and our coordinator Katie went out her way to make sure everyone was properly taken care of. She was great to work with from the very beginning, answering all of my many questions with great patience. Chuck made the rehearsal dinner flow flawlessly and made the evening perfect. I can't say enough about the food and the wonderful staff and the Grey Gables Inn!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Kristine S

Grey's Gable has the most amazing food and their staff was great and friendly. We also had them as our bar vendor too. They called us a couple days before the wedding saying that their alcohol vendor ran out of Oberon. My fiance was not happy; alcohol was the one and only... Read More thing that he really cared about for the wedding. Grey Gables went above and beyond and made sure Oberon was at our wedding!!! I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

We recently used Grey Gables catering for our castle farms wedding. Grey Gables was awesome to work with. They answered all of my many emails very quickly. The day of the wedding we were setting up and they even helped but out some of our items. We ended up going with the... Read More plated steak filet and chicken pomodoro and it was delicious. We got many compliments from our guest that was the best food they ever ate a wedding. All the staff was very nice. The bar tenders and wait staff were amazing and I have nothing but great things to say about them. We loved everything about grey gables.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Brittany H

The food that Grey Gables provided for our wedding was delicious! All of their servers and bartenders were amazing as well!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Sara H

Grey Gables did an amazing job catering our wedding! Our tasting won us over immediately, delicious food and then a chat with the chef/owner. He was straight forward with us about everything and gave us his honest opinions. Our guests loved the food at the wedding and their... Read More servers/bartenders were personable and professional. Can't go wrong with them!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Victoria S

Outstanding food and service. Katie is an absolute doll to work with. She paid attention to every detail and made the entire process of planning an out-of-state wedding stress free. The level of professionalism and the quality of food went well beyond our expectations. We had... Read More several guests comment that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. The presentation was beautiful too and the quantity on each plate was abundant. I can't say enough good things about Grey Gables. If you are a bride and groom getting married in northern Michigan - this is your caterer!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Kelli M

We cannot rave about Grey Gables and Katie enough! we had so many things that came up during our wedding process and Katie was BEYOND patient with us! We cannot thank her enough for that! Everyone loved the food, the service and the overall professionalism that is Grey Gables.... Read More Katie and her team always bent over backwards to answer questions and be there to answer phone calls. We cannot thank ALL of them enough!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Traci Y

We hired Grey Gables to cater our wedding at Castle Farms. We went with the combination plate of beef and chicken. All of our guests said the food was wonderful (and we thought so too!). Leading up to the wedding communication was prompt, clear, and helpful. Katie answered all... Read More of our questions well and was willing to work with us to make small changes to the contract close to the wedding (updated guest count, removal of services, adding of others, etc.). We live about 4 hours away so email contact worked best for us and they always responded with what we needed. During the event the staff was efficient and nearly invisible (in the good way). The only time they asked for any of our attention on the day of was when they were floating to make sure everything was going smoothly and happened to catch the glance of the groom. They thought the glance meant we needed something and immediately came over to the head table to check. It turned out that we didn't but it demonstrates just how on top of the event they were. During last call the bartender came up to us and made sure that we didn't need anything before they left, which was also a great demonstration of how hard they were working to make sure we were taken care of. We would happily recommend Grey Gables to anyone looking for a caterer with great food and service! (Especially at Castle Farms because they seem to know the venue inside and out.)

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Jessica T

Exceptional food and service for our wedding!!!! Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Jim T

We used Grey Gables catering for our wedding at Castle Farms and everything about their service was excellent. Our guests raved about both the food and the service all evening. The food was outstanding, the waiters and bartenders were polite and on point - it was everything we... Read More could have asked for. We even had a request for a specialty cocktail that the bartenders knocked out of the park - one of the highlights of the night for our guests. Darren was great to work with - very laid back, responsive and flexible. I would HIGHLY recommend for anyone planning a wedding in the area.

Great Food and Service!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kaylen C

The food was great! We had a plated dinner and the service was awesome as well. They were super accommodating to all my special requests, without adding to my costs. They were wonderful all the way around!

Best Food at a Wedding EVER

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Pam R

I've been to many weddings and this was the best food EVER! I had so many people come up to us and compliment us on the food. The beef was so tender, chicken was perfect and it was so pretty on the plate. A high end restaurant with just enough food to keep people moving to... Read More the dance floor not stuffed to the gills. We also had the pizza at 9:30 and it was awesome as well. Made fresh and tasted great. Great communication, great servers, bartenders, linens, etc. Would not hesitate to use them again!

Lost our proposal but recovered our trust

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Marilyn M

We visited Charlevoix for a Castle Farms wedding and had heard rave reviews about the food and service from Grey Gables. We tasted the beef bourginon and chicken dish and were blown away. We quickly left a deposit and signed our original proposal. After not hearing from then for... Read More over a month, I contacted them and was told that they had lost our proposal. This was about 6 weeks before the wedding so I initially panicked. However, they quickly picked up the pieces and we were able to get everything as the way we had wanted it. We had it served family style and brought our own beer and wine from Michigan breweries and vineyards. There were a few tables that did not receive wine during dinner that I had to point out to them (the head table was one that was skipped!) which is why service is not at 4 stars. However, the staff is obviously very experienced and quite professional. Our guests were raving about the food and there was plenty to go around.

Awesome food!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Brianna D

I used Grey Gables for my wedding 8/22/14 in Michigan and the food was truly incredible. My guests were served chicken pomodoro and beef bourgenion and they all raved about how good it was. I have never been to a wedding with food as delicious as they provided at ours! They were... Read More so easy to work with and the day of dinner was flawless. My father-in-law also booked our reception dinner there and that was lovely as well. They also provided bar services at our wedding and I heard nothing but great compliments all night of how wonderful everything was.

Castle Wedding 2014

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Kelly M

Peter was amazing! Grey Gables had amazing food. We had a buffet and the beef was the best dish that we had, I would really recommend it. I have a cousin that has a nut allergy and they were very accommodating by totally take nuts off the menu. I also had a s'more bar that I... Read More brought myself and the staff was very helpful to put it out and restock it. The staff moved without being seen but were very helpful. They passed out our cake and clean up the tables. I really enjoyed Grey Gables and Peter. I would recommend them to anyone.

Accommodating

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Katie W

Grey Gables (Darren and Peter) was willing to take on our unique menu and spent the time and energy working with us to create our vision. Peter and the rest of your team did a wonderful job throughout and they were all available and willing to help or answer any questions along... Read More the way and during the wedding.

Great food and accommodating

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Denelle S

Grey Gables food was excellent when I went through the line but several of my guests were served cold food. They could have changed out the trays or had adequate Warmers so the good didn't get cold but they didn't. Other than that, everything was amazing including their staff.

Amazing wedding catering!

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Katie S

We loved the Grey Gables! They provided the highest quality of service and delicious food. Everything was spot on for our day and we can't say thank you enough. We did a plated menu of braised beef and whitefish, and our guests said it was some of the best beef they had ever had... Read More in their lives. Not only was the food and service fantastic, but the price was also very reasonable. I highly recommend!

Amazing food and service

Reviewed on 2/04/2012 Sara A

We were an out of state couple and needed a caterer who could work with us. Darren from Grey Gables was simply amazing to work with, he returned all of our phone calls and emails in a timely manner and answered all of our questions. Every time we wanted to add or subtract... Read More anything Darren worked with us to give us everything we wanted. At the wedding people couldn't stop saying how good the food was, everyone was impressed. The service staff were also amazing!! They made everyone comfortable and made sure everyone had everything they needed.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 12/23/2011 Stephanie A

I had my wedding catered by Grey Gables and held my rehearsal dinner at the restaurant. The food and service at each was amazing and at a great price. The food is still raved about by the guests. The restaurant was so helpful with all my questions and all my changes leading up... Read More to the wedding. The food is amazing and is much better than the traditional wedding food that is always bland and at a better price. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.

Wonderful Caterer Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 Lindsey I

Gray Gables and Castle Farms have a great working relationship and it made my life much easier. The food was wonderful and the service could not have been better. We actually had a cordinator that work with us while we were getting the room set and she was amazing. If you are... Read More getting married at Castle Farms use Grey Gables everything was great and went very smoothly. It was worth every penny that we paid.

Great Food!

Reviewed on 2/27/2011 Betsy T

The food for our wedding was amazing. I have been to a lot of weddings and this was great food. I was impressed with the price as we price shopped before deciding on Grey Gables. They took care of every detail and we didn't have to worry about anything on our big day.

Delicious food, great service!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Stacy D

Grey Gables Inn catered our daughter's wedding at Castle Farms in Charlevoix and we couldn't be happier! The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. The Chardonnay Chicken was very good but the Braised Beef Bourguignon was out of this world. There were some beef... Read More farmers at the wedding who commented on how tender and delicious it was! ***Darren, Chuck and Geri were helpful and great to work with. Thank you!*** I highly recommend The Grey Gables for your catering needs.

Rating for The Grey Gables Inn Restaurant