Cuisine

Vegetarian

Food + Catering

308 Belvedere Avenue, Charlevoix, MI (231) 547-9261

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Brooke G

I booked my wedding from across the country and didn’t get to do a tasting, I was worried but the food at my wedding was seriously sooo good. It’s been almost a month since my wedding and my guests still are talking about the food. They are hands down the best wedding food I’ve... Read More had and if you’re considering booking them I highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Amanda S

Grey Gables did a fantastic job! They were ready to go once we sat down and got all of the food out in a timely manner. Not to mention the food was fantastic and they were great with working with dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegetarian and vegan) all of our guests were... Read More beyond satisfied with their meals! Thanks again! - Amanda

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Heather S

From the moment I found grey gables online I knew I wanted them to be my caterer before I even chose my venue. I went off reviews only and talking with the owner of the restaurant. Once I booked the venue I booked grey gables. We don't live close by so once we we're able to take... Read More time and make it to Charlevoix to try the food, I was amazed even more. The food was delicious, we ate every bite of it wishing it wasn't gone. We went with the plated chicken and beef and the presentation of the food was great. Along with having them as our caterer we also used them as our bartenders for the wedding and they were all very friendly and always had a smile on their faces. After the wedding many of our guests complimented the food. Everyone loved it!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Sabrina A

The food was great from all my guests and the bar and staff were wonderful! Table set up was gorgeous and the pricing was very fair. I will say I wasn't very happy that my food got taken away without anyone asking, I barely ate anything because we were constantly being... Read More interrupted at our sweetheart table! I was hoping to sneak bites in when the band started but my food was gone. Also they had packed some food up of no shows but did not label anything and it got shoved under boxes and not found till days later which was disappointing. But otherwise very good and highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Taylor I

We had a great experience working with Grey Gables as our caterer. Katie was one of the most readily available vendors we had for my 10,000 questions leading up to the wedding. The food was EXCELLENT and very well priced. Would recommend to anyone looking for a caterer!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 John P

Food was spectacular and they were upbeat and willing to work with changes

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Angie C

We had Grey Gables for our reception, food/bar, and they were excellent!! The guest wouldn't stop talking about how great the Braised Beef Bourguignon was!! And, that they doubled up on it :) They also really loved the Whipped Vanilla Sweet Potatoes! Thank you so much Darren!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Linda S

We had Grey Gables for our rehearsal dinner AND wedding reception (at Castle Farms), and could not be happier with our choice! Everyone at both events raved about how delicious their food is, as well as their service. Their fee includes everything from plates and glassware to... Read More gratuity, which is hard to find in vendors! The site manager (Katie) was super helpful throughout the planning process, we met her at the tasting (DELICIOUS) and continued to communicate via phone and email; she always had a great answer to my questions. We also used their bartender, who was really nice and welcoming, and followed our instructions for serving alcohol. I highly recommend Grey Gables for your event, go schedule a tasting and you will be sold too!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Krystal H

We used Grey Gables to cater our wedding at Castle Farms. Katie was super great and easy to work with, she is very responsive and knowledgeable which made the planning process easy. Not only did we have people rave about the food (most specifically the salmon) but the attention... Read More to detail is what most impressed me. The entire staff knows exactly what to do, you don't have to worry about a thing. They show up early to set up and make sure everything is perfect. I watched people go around and shine the silverware! The owner, Darren, even showed up on the day of to ensure everything was going well. You can tell this is a passion and not just a business. The food was great and we had more than enough to go around. I honestly don't have one bad thing to say. If I had to do it all over again, I would change nothing. You get what you pay for!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Cassie R

We used Grey Gables for our wedding 10/2 at Castle Farms and they were phenomenal! The food was excellent and the service / bartenders were great! I never noticed a wait. They also went above and beyond and folded our napkins for us. In general they were very easy to work... Read More with. We also had our rehearsal dinner in their back room and it was lovely! Would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Susan C

We had our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant and then had them cater our wedding the following night. Everyone at the wedding raved about how good the food was. Everything was delicious. The staff was courteous and very efficient. We had a few guests with severe allergies... Read More and our coordinator Katie went out her way to make sure everyone was properly taken care of. She was great to work with from the very beginning, answering all of my many questions with great patience. Chuck made the rehearsal dinner flow flawlessly and made the evening perfect. I can't say enough about the food and the wonderful staff and the Grey Gables Inn!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Kristine S

Grey's Gable has the most amazing food and their staff was great and friendly. We also had them as our bar vendor too. They called us a couple days before the wedding saying that their alcohol vendor ran out of Oberon. My fiance was not happy; alcohol was the one and only... Read More thing that he really cared about for the wedding. Grey Gables went above and beyond and made sure Oberon was at our wedding!!! I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

We recently used Grey Gables catering for our castle farms wedding. Grey Gables was awesome to work with. They answered all of my many emails very quickly. The day of the wedding we were setting up and they even helped but out some of our items. We ended up going with the... Read More plated steak filet and chicken pomodoro and it was delicious. We got many compliments from our guest that was the best food they ever ate a wedding. All the staff was very nice. The bar tenders and wait staff were amazing and I have nothing but great things to say about them. We loved everything about grey gables.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Brittany H

The food that Grey Gables provided for our wedding was delicious! All of their servers and bartenders were amazing as well!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Sara H

Grey Gables did an amazing job catering our wedding! Our tasting won us over immediately, delicious food and then a chat with the chef/owner. He was straight forward with us about everything and gave us his honest opinions. Our guests loved the food at the wedding and their... Read More servers/bartenders were personable and professional. Can't go wrong with them!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Victoria S

Outstanding food and service. Katie is an absolute doll to work with. She paid attention to every detail and made the entire process of planning an out-of-state wedding stress free. The level of professionalism and the quality of food went well beyond our expectations. We had... Read More several guests comment that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. The presentation was beautiful too and the quantity on each plate was abundant. I can't say enough good things about Grey Gables. If you are a bride and groom getting married in northern Michigan - this is your caterer!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Kelli M

We cannot rave about Grey Gables and Katie enough! we had so many things that came up during our wedding process and Katie was BEYOND patient with us! We cannot thank her enough for that! Everyone loved the food, the service and the overall professionalism that is Grey Gables.... Read More Katie and her team always bent over backwards to answer questions and be there to answer phone calls. We cannot thank ALL of them enough!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Traci Y

We hired Grey Gables to cater our wedding at Castle Farms. We went with the combination plate of beef and chicken. All of our guests said the food was wonderful (and we thought so too!). Leading up to the wedding communication was prompt, clear, and helpful. Katie answered all... Read More of our questions well and was willing to work with us to make small changes to the contract close to the wedding (updated guest count, removal of services, adding of others, etc.). We live about 4 hours away so email contact worked best for us and they always responded with what we needed. During the event the staff was efficient and nearly invisible (in the good way). The only time they asked for any of our attention on the day of was when they were floating to make sure everything was going smoothly and happened to catch the glance of the groom. They thought the glance meant we needed something and immediately came over to the head table to check. It turned out that we didn't but it demonstrates just how on top of the event they were. During last call the bartender came up to us and made sure that we didn't need anything before they left, which was also a great demonstration of how hard they were working to make sure we were taken care of. We would happily recommend Grey Gables to anyone looking for a caterer with great food and service! (Especially at Castle Farms because they seem to know the venue inside and out.)

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Jessica T

Exceptional food and service for our wedding!!!! Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Jim T

We used Grey Gables catering for our wedding at Castle Farms and everything about their service was excellent. Our guests raved about both the food and the service all evening. The food was outstanding, the waiters and bartenders were polite and on point - it was everything we... Read More could have asked for. We even had a request for a specialty cocktail that the bartenders knocked out of the park - one of the highlights of the night for our guests. Darren was great to work with - very laid back, responsive and flexible. I would HIGHLY recommend for anyone planning a wedding in the area.

Great Food and Service!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kaylen C

The food was great! We had a plated dinner and the service was awesome as well. They were super accommodating to all my special requests, without adding to my costs. They were wonderful all the way around!

Best Food at a Wedding EVER

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Pam R

I've been to many weddings and this was the best food EVER! I had so many people come up to us and compliment us on the food. The beef was so tender, chicken was perfect and it was so pretty on the plate. A high end restaurant with just enough food to keep people moving to... Read More the dance floor not stuffed to the gills. We also had the pizza at 9:30 and it was awesome as well. Made fresh and tasted great. Great communication, great servers, bartenders, linens, etc. Would not hesitate to use them again!

Lost our proposal but recovered our trust

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Marilyn M

We visited Charlevoix for a Castle Farms wedding and had heard rave reviews about the food and service from Grey Gables. We tasted the beef bourginon and chicken dish and were blown away. We quickly left a deposit and signed our original proposal. After not hearing from then for... Read More over a month, I contacted them and was told that they had lost our proposal. This was about 6 weeks before the wedding so I initially panicked. However, they quickly picked up the pieces and we were able to get everything as the way we had wanted it. We had it served family style and brought our own beer and wine from Michigan breweries and vineyards. There were a few tables that did not receive wine during dinner that I had to point out to them (the head table was one that was skipped!) which is why service is not at 4 stars. However, the staff is obviously very experienced and quite professional. Our guests were raving about the food and there was plenty to go around.

Awesome food!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Brianna D

I used Grey Gables for my wedding 8/22/14 in Michigan and the food was truly incredible. My guests were served chicken pomodoro and beef bourgenion and they all raved about how good it was. I have never been to a wedding with food as delicious as they provided at ours! They were... Read More so easy to work with and the day of dinner was flawless. My father-in-law also booked our reception dinner there and that was lovely as well. They also provided bar services at our wedding and I heard nothing but great compliments all night of how wonderful everything was.

Castle Wedding 2014

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Kelly M

Peter was amazing! Grey Gables had amazing food. We had a buffet and the beef was the best dish that we had, I would really recommend it. I have a cousin that has a nut allergy and they were very accommodating by totally take nuts off the menu. I also had a s'more bar that I... Read More brought myself and the staff was very helpful to put it out and restock it. The staff moved without being seen but were very helpful. They passed out our cake and clean up the tables. I really enjoyed Grey Gables and Peter. I would recommend them to anyone.