Gruene Estate

New Braunfels, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The historic Gruene Estate sits along 15 lush green acres in the midst of Texas Hill Country. The New Braunfels, Texas, venue was once the family home and farm of Ernst and Antoinette Gruene and dates back to 1857. Today, it is a private, secluded location that instantly sets the scene for a rustic or Texas-style country wedding. Whether you opt to say "I do" inside the open-air chapel or on one of the spacious lush lawns, nature provides almost all of the scenery for your wedding day. Dense forests surround the peaceful property, providing a beautiful outdoor backdrop for your wedding photos. Sandy rock-lined paths, old wooden fences and cozy Adirondack chairs are scattered throughout the venue, providing even more outdoor charm.

No matter where the ceremony takes place, maximum capacity for a Gruene Estate wedding is 250 people. Couples can choose from a few unique locations to say their vows, each one providing a simple, yet elegant and vintage, yet comfortable, space for your guests.

The Open-Air Chapel, adorned with antique European stained glass windows, is a popular spot for the ceremony. The vintage church also features a bell tower, stone flooring and beamed ceilings. Some wall panels are missing to allow guests to enjoy views of the property or a cool breeze on a warm Texas day.

Lawns. Several large, flat, green lawns make up much of the property at Gruene Estate. Outdoor wedding ceremonies can take place in these spaces with practically any aspect of the grounds providing a simple or natural backdrop.

The Rustic Pavilion is available for receptions. Handmade tables and chairs created from reclaimed barn wood, basket-style lighting, old French chandeliers, lanterns and antiques set the scene at the pavilion, which is just a short walk from the chapel.

Gruene Estate provides state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems for all wedding ceremonies and receptions. Onsite housing for up to 12 guests is available at the quaint farmhouse that sits on the property. The home is also available for the couple and their wedding party to get dressed for the ceremony and reception. All events must end by 11 p.m. Catering, flowers and photography are not provided; however, there are no restrictions on vendors.

The staff at Gruene Estate wants your wedding day to be as low-key and romantic as possible. For this reason, couples may take advantage of several additional perks:

• Baskets, candles and other decor items available in-house
  • Ample parking is available for all guests
  • Guests can play horseshoes or use the fire pit on the property
  • A bar is available for serving alcohol
  • A screened-in barn with sink, refrigerator and preparation area is available to your caterer

Gruene Estate New Braunfels

Nestled in the heart of the hill country, Gruene Estate, is the perfect wedding venue to say "I do". Located between Austin and San Antonio, the remarkable wedding venue includes a chapel and pavilion, and seats up to 250 guests. We are located one mile from Gruene and minutes from New Braunfels. *All Full Wedding Packages Include In House Coordinator*

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Estate, Church

532 Rock Street, New Braunfels, TX (830) 609-8664

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Jeffrie B

Beautiful venue. They really do a great job of keeping the grounds clean and nice (despite that I know they are frequently doing three weddings a weekend!). We had a lot of out of town guests who really appreciated the "rustic" feel and thought it was just the coolest place.... Read More I agree! Our pictures turned out beautiful and everyone was really happy! Also, if you're looking for a place you don't have to do much to make it look "finished," look no further!! The chapel and the reception hall are absolutely beautiful and Gruene Estate even has some of their own decor you can use to decorate with.

Love Love Love

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Hailey T

This Venue is absolutely perfect, the pictures do not do it justice! It is definitely worth the money if you use it the entire weekend to stay there! It has the cutest little houses and was perfect for all of us! We loved it! The Chapel where the ceremony is held is just... Read More breathtaking everyone could not stop talking about it. The pavilion is completely perfect, rustic chic, it hardly needs any decorations. I would recommend everyone to this website! The hosts are so accommodating and helpful in any possible way!

Best Wedding Venue in New Braunfels, BY FAR

Reviewed on 4/20/2015

Words cannot describe how perfect Nolan and Katherine and the staff made my wedding weekend. No detail was overlooked. They were all flexible and accommodating to any and all of my requests through out the entire process. There was nothing that they could not fulfill. Everything... Read More ran so smoothly the night of the wedding and I was having so much fun that before I knew it the night was over! I wouldn't have had it any other way and I'm so grateful that they made it so easy for me. I have had people constantly calling me, my parents, and my husbands parents telling them how absolutely perfect the wedding was and that they have never been to a more fun, well put together, and beautiful wedding in all of their lives! What a compliment that is to me as the bride and I couldn't have done it without everyone at Gruene Estate! Reserving the entire place for the whole weekend is absolutely the way to go. We had the venue from Friday evening to Sunday morning which allowed us to have the rehearsal dinner there as well. I still daydream about how absolutely perfect my wedding was there. I would recommend Katherine and Nolan and Gruene Estate any day for any special event you may be planning.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kelsey N

I cannot say enough great things about this location. It is beyond beautiful and unique! Such a perfect place to host a wedding. Our guests fell in love with it, just like we did. Wish we could do it again every year.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Mike S

Gruene Estate was both a fairy tale venue and the most premier Texas Hill Country wedding location all rolled into one. My husband and I recently got married at Gruene Estate (April 2017), after a year-long engagement. Even aside from the fact that the venue has so much rich... Read More history and the perfect amount of Texas charm, the location itself is perfect for people who are local to the area or from far away because it is centrally located. Our out-of-town guests had plenty of options for places to stay (as well as things to do and awesome food nearby)- from hotels in the area (for those who wanted a chain/room block), to local/quaint B&Bs, and even Gruene Estate themselves own nice houses nearby in case people in a large family or group of friends wanted to stay in one location. My husband and I planned our wedding from Connecticut where we currently live, and the staff at Gruene Estate were by our side during the whole year-long engagement- helping us plan, providing us with resources and answering all of our questions along the way in a timely manner. The benefit to Gruene Estate (among everything else) is that the venue speaks for itself so you don't need to spend a fortune on decorations and flowers if you don't want to. PLUS, Gruene Estate has a lot of beautiful decorations they let you use as well (mercury votive candles, rustic lanterns, wood pieces, baskets, etc.)- free of charge. This was huge for us because we couldn't handle shipping everything or packing it with us on the trip down, and we didn't have immediate family in the area (the State is big after all). The fire pit, outdoor bar, reclaimed wood tables, cornhole and tree lit chandeliers also add to the appeal as well to make it a rustic and elegant venue. We were so thankful and grateful for all of their help throughout the whole process and day-of. Thank you Gruene Estate for making our Big Day the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Esmy P

Our guests cannot stop talking about the venue we chose! Let me also say that we saw the venue in Jan and were married by March. With such a small window of time there are a million things that could have gone wrong or were missed and there was nothing! Responses were always... Read More timely. They also provide a shed full of items that can be used at no additional cost, another big money saver. When all is said and done the beauty, charm and everything about this place is a win! Our special day felt like a fairy tale because everything about this place was perfect!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Rebecca R

When we started planning our vow renewal Gruene Estate was the first to pop up in our search. The moment I saw the chapel I was hooked and knew we had to have our vow renewal there! We are from out of state so actually getting there and seeing it in person the pictures just... Read More don't do it justice! It's so breathtaking! The staff is so sweet and our day of coordinators were amazing! They helped me with little details I hadn't even thought of! The venue itself is just so gorgeous we really didn't need a lot of decor. They have a ton on site for you to borrow. I really wish the night hadn't gone by so fast. I would do it over again in a heartbeat! Thank you Gruene Estate for a beautiful, romantic day I will never forget!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Brenda B

Gruene Estates was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding. The venue is very child friendly and peaceful. The houses used to dress in were just the right size. Carey and Michelle were the perfect combination of ladies to help.

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Therese R

Gruene Estate is a ONE of a kind venue. There are a ton of other rustic, shabby chic, garden style venues out there but NONE could compare to Gruene Estate. The New Braunfels/Gruene area is a special place to both my now husband and I's family so not only was it the perfect... Read More location, but all of the facilities were great! The chapel even on a rainy day (which ours poured) lent itself to AMAZING photos and our guests completely loved the reception area with all of the candles, flowers etc. Carey was responsive and timely and answered all of our questions and she was always open and willing to help us figure out any hurdles that arose. My now sister in law can't wait until she get's engaged because she wants to get married at Gruene Estate now too!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017

Gruene Estate and the whole team at Gruene Estate are incomparable. They went above and beyond to make the preparation of our special day AND or actual special day the MOST PERFECT we could ever imagine. The property is like NOTHING else around (even those that have mimicked... Read More the open air chapel concept) and simply breathtaking. We cannot recommend Gruene Estate enough! Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Kristin R

Perfect place for your wedding! We loved the house we got to stay in all weekend which made everything stress free. Beautiful venue! Can't beat it! It is unique which is what we loved. The McCords

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Melissa B

My husband and I fell in love with this venue!! It had everything we wanted in a venue, a place for our bridal party to stay, it was outside, and could accommodate all of our guests. We rented the venue for the weekend and there was always someone around or willing to drop by... Read More and make sure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Courtney A

Gruene Estate was absolutely incredible! The venue is breathtaking, and you know every detail was completely thought through. Their staff was so helpful and informative throughout the planning process. Their day of coordinator, Carey of BASH Events, is top-notch! If we had to do... Read More it all over again, we would still choose Gruene Estate as our venue. Our family and friends are STILL talking about it weeks later!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Taylor S

If you are planning a wedding, look no further than Gruene Estate!! Everything about this place is pure magic- from the scenery to the staff. My wedding plan/theme was simple, rustic chic and with all the decor that they have available I didn't have to buy anything- the venue... Read More truly speaks for itself. We went with the full weekend rental and it made the whole process so easy and less stressful. Having the access to the pavilion and chapel on Friday afternoon made the Saturday morning set up a breeze since we were able to do mock ups of everything Friday. It is absolutely worth the few extra dollars. Our day coordinator/manger was Sharon and she was amazing- very knowledge, easy to talk to and professional. The beauty of using their decor is you don't have to put it away at the end of the night- definitely a HUGE plus! Honestly, this place is perfect and I would have 100 weddings (with the same groom, of course) here!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Where do I start? Everything was beyond beautiful and my wedding day was the BEST DAY of my life!! Gruene Estate's venue was perfect in every way. I have always wanted to get married in a little white chapel/church, and when I saw their chapel, tears came to my eyes. Gorgeous... Read More and magical! We enjoyed the whole property. The barn, guest houses, and main house was extremely accommodating for our large family and friends. We wanted a one-stop ceremony & reception, and we sure got it! Our day of coordinator was sweet and extremely professional and organized. She made me feel calm and loved! I literally could go on and on about my wedding. Honestly, if you are looking for a charming, Texas-style, outdoor, rustic, wedding venue then take some time to visit the Gruene Estate. We will sure visit again to relive our magical day soon!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Lauren B

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL venue! I loved it as did my family and guests. Very quick response and easy to communicate with. Sharon was the staff present at my wedding and she was wonderful, I didn't worry about a thing.

2016-08-25T19:04:20 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Lauren! What a special event y'all had a wonderful group of friends and family. We are blessed to have worked with and hosted y'alls big day! Much love

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

We loved everything about Gruene estates: the open air chapel, the open covered pavilion , the quaint cottage and charming house, long horns, horses, deer, the beautiful fields and large trees. But most of all , the owners were tremendous and the planner that is included with... Read More the booking was absolutely amazing. She provided us with an outstanding vendor list and was on top of the smallest detail. We could not have found a more beautiful , peaceful place for our daughters wedding. We highly recommend Gruene estates for anyone that loves nature and the feeling of being outdoors .

2016-08-25T09:37:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Josie-thought it was a perfect day and loved working with y'all and so happy it was everything you wanted. Best wishes! PS-I think the date of your wedding is listed as 10/23/17 on the side of the review instead of 8/12/16

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Zina T

Perfect venue!!

2016-08-25T09:38:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks Steve! So happy for you and Zina!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Beautiful venue, wonderful staff, great amenities for the cost. My daughter's wedding would not have gone more smoothly! I highly recommend you check out this venue.

2016-07-11T15:06:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Which bride are you with?

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Sydney Page C

Incredible venue! The managers were so accommodating and kind. The "day 0f coordinator" was a God-send. And more than anything else, the venue is perfectly gorgeous. We've gotten so many comments from guests that were amazed at the venue, some saying they've never seen a venue... Read More so beautiful. After looking at several venues beforehand, we knew the instant we visited that Gruene Estate was where we wanted to get married. One major draw was that it was so naturally beautiful that it relieved us from the pressure of having to over-decorate to make it look nice. Big plus! Just some personalized touches here and there, and it was more than we could have ever hoped. Thank you, Gruene Estate!

2016-07-06T22:04:41 Response from the vendor

Congrats to you Sydney and Bowen-honored to be part of your special day!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Hannah B

Gruene Estate was the PERFECT place for our wedding! We loved it! Katherine was so helpful through all my questions. The staff was great! The owner was out the morning of the wedding introducing himself. Definitely a great choice!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Laura S

My husband and I loved getting married at Gruene Estate. If we had a chance to do the whole thing over again, this is still the venue we would pick! Not only is the venue absolutely picturesque, but they provide a lot of the decorations for you. We were able to stay at the... Read More venue the whole day, from getting ready to making our final exit. As a bride this was particularly important to me. I was able to spend time with my bridesmaids in the bridal suite and have a completely stress free day. I would definitely recommend Gruene Estate to any bride that wants a rustic hill country wedding!

2016-04-12T12:58:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Laura! So happy for y'all! Glad it was just what you wanted and a stress free and beautiful day.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Jacy P

Amazing staff & venue! The staff was very responsive and helpful. The day-of-coordinator, Carey, helped us with all the small last minute details. Between Carey and all the other staff, the day went off without a hitch. The venue is well-kept and absolutely gorgeous! It's open,... Read More rustic, charming & romantic.

2016-04-06T14:35:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jacy for your kind words. What an amazing day you had. We wish you many years of happiness to come!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Bryan Lawrence

Everything about our wedding day was absolutely perfect. The staff at Gruene Estate were beyond willing to make sure everything was wonderful. They suggested awesome vendors that were so nice, affordable, and worked with us to create exactly what we wanted. The venue itself is... Read More so beautiful and I couldn't have pictured a more perfect place to marry my best friend. From the chapel to the reception venue and from the table decor to the lights overhead, everything about this venue is stunning. Every memory I have of Gruene Estate is a fond one, and I am so thankful we had such and amazing experience with the nicest people in the most beautiful place in the Texas hill country.

2016-04-05T22:52:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Nicky-what a great group you had and a beautiful wedding. Best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 Kacy K

Besides the venue being perfectly stunning and fit my dream theme, the staff was friendly and professional. They were always at the other end of the phone or email when I had random questions and wanted to triple check things again. I loved that they had some decorations I... Read More could use to help carry out our theme as well. The day of the wedding they were full of energy and helped my family and friends however they could. I provided them a timeline for the day of the wedding and they helped keep things on track. As a wedding planner myself, I wanted the perfect venue for my wedding...and this is hands down the place.

2016-03-10T12:50:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks Kacy! What a special and beautiful day you had! So happy for y'all!