Gruene Estate

New Braunfels, TX

Book Your Wedding with Gruene Estate

A BARN IN NEW BRAUNFELS, TX

The historic Gruene Estate sits along 15 lush green acres in the midst of Texas Hill Country. The New Braunfels, Texas, venue was once the family home and farm of Ernst and Antoinette Gruene and dates back to 1857. Today, it is a private, secluded location that instantly sets the scene for a rustic or Texas-style country wedding. Whether you opt to say "I do" inside the open-air chapel or on one of the spacious lush lawns, nature provides almost all of the scenery for your wedding day. Dense forests surround the peaceful property, providing a beautiful outdoor backdrop for your wedding photos. Sandy rock-lined paths, old wooden fences and cozy Adirondack chairs are scattered throughout the venue, providing even more outdoor charm.

No matter where the ceremony takes place, maximum capacity for a Gruene Estate wedding is 250 people. Couples can choose from a few unique locations to say their vows, each one providing a simple, yet elegant and vintage, yet comfortable, space for your guests.

The Open-Air Chapel, adorned with antique European stained glass windows, is a popular spot for the ceremony. The vintage church also features a bell tower, stone flooring and beamed ceilings. Some wall panels are missing to allow guests to enjoy views of the property or a cool breeze on a warm Texas day.

Lawns. Several large, flat, green lawns make up much of the property at Gruene Estate. Outdoor wedding ceremonies can take place in these spaces with practically any aspect of the grounds providing a simple or natural backdrop.

The Rustic Pavilion is available for receptions. Handmade tables and chairs created from reclaimed barn wood, basket-style lighting, old French chandeliers, lanterns and antiques set the scene at the pavilion, which is just a short walk from the chapel.

Gruene Estate provides state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems for all wedding ceremonies and receptions. Onsite housing for up to 12 guests is available at the quaint farmhouse that sits on the property. The home is also available for the couple and their wedding party to get dressed for the ceremony and reception. All events must end by 11 p.m. Catering, flowers and photography are not provided; however, there are no restrictions on vendors.

The staff at Gruene Estate wants your wedding day to be as low-key and romantic as possible. For this reason, couples may take advantage of several additional perks:

• Baskets, candles and other decor items available in-house
  • Ample parking is available for all guests
  • Guests can play horseshoes or use the fire pit on the property
  • A bar is available for serving alcohol
  • A screened-in barn with sink, refrigerator and preparation area is available to your caterer

Gruene Estate New Braunfels

Nestled in the heart of the hill country, Gruene Estate, is the perfect wedding venue to say "I do". Located between Austin and San Antonio, the remarkable wedding venue includes a chapel and pavilion, and seats up to 250 guests. We are located one mile from Gruene and minutes from New Braunfels. *All Full Wedding Packages Include In House Coordinator*

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Estate, Church

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

532 Rock Street, New Braunfels, TX (830) 609-8664

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Taylor J

We were over the moon with our experience at Gruene Estate for our wedding. Everything from the fairy tail chapel to the open-air reception pavilion to the perfectly timed arrival of longhorns on site added up to make the perfect wedding day for my groom and me. One of the most... Read More valuable assets Gruene Estate offers its brides is a day-of coordinator who assists with all the fine details, ensuring that not only I was able to relax on my wedding day, but my family and friends were able to as well. My mother-in-law says it was the best weekend of her life and I couldn't agree more. We would 100% select this venue again.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Jeremy M

My wife and I loved Gruene Estate! They were incredible to work with, and were the epitome of professional. Everyone we worked with was so kind, and were so ready to accommodate us! Our families felt so at ease knowing they were so prepared for our wedding! Everything from... Read More planning, to the day itself was SO EASY. We barely had to think about anything at all. We absolutely loved Gruene Estate. It was an absolutely perfect venue.

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Jeffrie B

Beautiful venue. They really do a great job of keeping the grounds clean and nice (despite that I know they are frequently doing three weddings a weekend!). We had a lot of out of town guests who really appreciated the "rustic" feel and thought it was just the coolest place.... Read More I agree! Our pictures turned out beautiful and everyone was really happy! Also, if you're looking for a place you don't have to do much to make it look "finished," look no further!! The chapel and the reception hall are absolutely beautiful and Gruene Estate even has some of their own decor you can use to decorate with.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Taylor H

Gruene Estate was amazing! Our wedding here in September was a dream come true. The staff was very responsive and helpful with all of my questions and needs. The day of coordinator was above and beyond. All of my guests had the best time and thought the venue was so beautiful... Read More and in the best location!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 brian w

Couldn't of asked for better. They helped make the day amazing.

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Megan L

Gruene Estates is the way to go! The property is so beautiful. Our event coordinator was so helpful and organized. We could not have been happier with our day and our choice in venue.

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Katy R

Let me tell you about this venue, y’all. It has so much to offer- historic getting ready cabins, a beautiful chapel, rustic pavilion complete with string lights, chandeliers in the trees (what?!), outdoor games, a fire pit, and longhorns. On top of that you have access to all of... Read More their decorations and are given a wedding coordinator and a day-of coordinator. Love this place!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Daniele D

What a perfet place! We had so many compliments about Gruene Estates and how much people enjoyed the location. We had the perfect country backyard feel while still accommodating everyone!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Kelsie B

My husband and I got married at The Gruene Estate on November 18, 2017 and it was everything we ever could have ever dreamed of... and some! The entire venue is absolutely stunning and such a beautiful atmosphere. From the peaceful open chapel to the chandeliers hanging in the... Read More old oak trees, the Gruene Estate is flawless. All of our guests were extremely impressed and reiterated how wonderful and beautiful the entire venue was. The staff was amazing and accommodating and made the day run smoothly from start to finish. We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place to spend your special day!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Cameron G

We could not have asked for a better wedding venue! Everything was PERFECT. The staff was amazing and very professional. Our coordinator Carey is a pro and helped me plan a surprise for my husband which turned out beautifully. I love how they provide so much decor for you to use... Read More and arrange the way you want. We got so many compliments at the wedding for how gorgeous the Gruene Estate is. We are very satisfied customers!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Katie B

This venue is incredible! If you want country, rustic, chic- this is the venue for you! Our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful the ceremony and reception was- and kid friendly! They stayed entertained all night between the yard games and smores. Sandi and... Read More her team were amazing the day of and everything ran perfectly! We wish we could do it all over again!! Thanks Gruene Estate for the perfect night!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Sarah F

WE LOVED GRUENE ESTATE FOR OUR WEDDING VENUE!! Everything was absolutely perfect! First of all, the venue is so picturesque and unique. The staff keeps the grounds spotless and clean. The venue is laid out perfectly with the chapel right next to the reception area. Also, our... Read More provided day-of coordinator, Carey, was very attentive and helpful throughout the planning process, not just on the day of the wedding. All of our guests had an amazing time and many said it was the prettiest wedding they'd attended!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Cherolyn J

I had a wonderful experience with Gruene Estate!! As part of your package you receive a wedding coordinator to help you with the details. This was a HUGE plus for me! Carey was great at helping me plan, recommending vendors and sorting out the small details. As the wedding... Read More day grew closer, she became even more invaluable as she reached out to my vendors and helped them with set up and answered all their technical questions. The day of the wedding was beautiful. Everyone (men and women) raved about the venue. They said is was the most beautiful rustic wedding they had ever seen.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Caitlin P

Gruene Estates was absolutely perfect! They were great about helping you get all the information needed and they were always happy to do so. The venue is stunning and our guests LOVED it! It is a truly unique spot to have a day to remember for a lifetime. I highly recommend... Read More having your wedding in this beautiful and quaint hill-country venue.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Caitlyn L

Gruene Estate is a wonderful, beautiful, and breathtaking venue with the most helpful staff. There is many packages and amenities to choose from. We were able to stay the whole weekend, on-site, with our bridal party and groomsmen. The ease and grace from the staff on the day of... Read More the wedding was nothing short of amazing. There are many vendors to choose from, a cute photo booth that can be added, and a serving area. But the most amazing part of the whole venue is the chapel. Goodness. If you have not seen this chapel in person, you have to go! If you want a gorgeous outdoor wedding, Gruene Estate is the place to be. Every staff person we worked with was more than accommodating. We will be dreaming of our wedding day for years to come. All thanks to the staff and gorgeous venue.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Kira L

The Gruene Estates is an unbelievably gorgeous venue. I was living in Oklahoma during our wedding planning process and my now husband lived in the San Antonio area. When we decided to get married in the hill country, the venue quickly became one of the most important vendors to... Read More me. I always thought that you can't cover up an ugly venue and we didn't want anything super-Texas (sorry, just not from here!). What I immediately loved about the Gruene Estates is how unique and beautiful it is. You don't really need a lot of decorations, so for an out-of-town bride, it was a dream! Plus, they have a huge shed full of decorations that you can use and they'll even clean them up at the end of the night. We worked with Carey as our day of coordinator and she was incredibly helpful and flexible. Instead of me driving down to meet up in person, she was always willing to have our meetings over the phone. I think Gruene Estates is worth every penny and you'll have wedding photos you'll cherish forever (still can't get over their chapel!).

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Katelin P

Gruene Estate was definitely the best venue we could've chosen. We were so pleased with the staff, the location, the amenities and provided Decor, as well as the price for all it included. It couldn't have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 taylor h

Gruene Estate is beyond beautiful!!! The property is gorgeous, they have horses and longhorns roaming around, and it's the perfect compromise between an indoor and an outdoor wedding. Our wedding was in mid April so the weather was perfect. Not too hot, and not too cold. They... Read More have 2 houses you can rent on the property, and it was great to be able to have the 2 families spend the night together the night before the big day. The best thing about Gruene Estate is that they let you bring in all of your own vendors. I would have my wedding here again in a heartbeat!! :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kelsey N

I cannot say enough great things about this location. It is beyond beautiful and unique! Such a perfect place to host a wedding. Our guests fell in love with it, just like we did. Wish we could do it again every year.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Mike S

Gruene Estate was both a fairy tale venue and the most premier Texas Hill Country wedding location all rolled into one. My husband and I recently got married at Gruene Estate (April 2017), after a year-long engagement. Even aside from the fact that the venue has so much rich... Read More history and the perfect amount of Texas charm, the location itself is perfect for people who are local to the area or from far away because it is centrally located. Our out-of-town guests had plenty of options for places to stay (as well as things to do and awesome food nearby)- from hotels in the area (for those who wanted a chain/room block), to local/quaint B&Bs, and even Gruene Estate themselves own nice houses nearby in case people in a large family or group of friends wanted to stay in one location. My husband and I planned our wedding from Connecticut where we currently live, and the staff at Gruene Estate were by our side during the whole year-long engagement- helping us plan, providing us with resources and answering all of our questions along the way in a timely manner. The benefit to Gruene Estate (among everything else) is that the venue speaks for itself so you don't need to spend a fortune on decorations and flowers if you don't want to. PLUS, Gruene Estate has a lot of beautiful decorations they let you use as well (mercury votive candles, rustic lanterns, wood pieces, baskets, etc.)- free of charge. This was huge for us because we couldn't handle shipping everything or packing it with us on the trip down, and we didn't have immediate family in the area (the State is big after all). The fire pit, outdoor bar, reclaimed wood tables, cornhole and tree lit chandeliers also add to the appeal as well to make it a rustic and elegant venue. We were so thankful and grateful for all of their help throughout the whole process and day-of. Thank you Gruene Estate for making our Big Day the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Esmy P

Our guests cannot stop talking about the venue we chose! Let me also say that we saw the venue in Jan and were married by March. With such a small window of time there are a million things that could have gone wrong or were missed and there was nothing! Responses were always... Read More timely. They also provide a shed full of items that can be used at no additional cost, another big money saver. When all is said and done the beauty, charm and everything about this place is a win! Our special day felt like a fairy tale because everything about this place was perfect!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Rebecca R

When we started planning our vow renewal Gruene Estate was the first to pop up in our search. The moment I saw the chapel I was hooked and knew we had to have our vow renewal there! We are from out of state so actually getting there and seeing it in person the pictures just... Read More don't do it justice! It's so breathtaking! The staff is so sweet and our day of coordinators were amazing! They helped me with little details I hadn't even thought of! The venue itself is just so gorgeous we really didn't need a lot of decor. They have a ton on site for you to borrow. I really wish the night hadn't gone by so fast. I would do it over again in a heartbeat! Thank you Gruene Estate for a beautiful, romantic day I will never forget!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Brenda B

Gruene Estates was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding. The venue is very child friendly and peaceful. The houses used to dress in were just the right size. Carey and Michelle were the perfect combination of ladies to help.

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Therese R

Gruene Estate is a ONE of a kind venue. There are a ton of other rustic, shabby chic, garden style venues out there but NONE could compare to Gruene Estate. The New Braunfels/Gruene area is a special place to both my now husband and I's family so not only was it the perfect... Read More location, but all of the facilities were great! The chapel even on a rainy day (which ours poured) lent itself to AMAZING photos and our guests completely loved the reception area with all of the candles, flowers etc. Carey was responsive and timely and answered all of our questions and she was always open and willing to help us figure out any hurdles that arose. My now sister in law can't wait until she get's engaged because she wants to get married at Gruene Estate now too!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017

Gruene Estate and the whole team at Gruene Estate are incomparable. They went above and beyond to make the preparation of our special day AND or actual special day the MOST PERFECT we could ever imagine. The property is like NOTHING else around (even those that have mimicked... Read More the open air chapel concept) and simply breathtaking. We cannot recommend Gruene Estate enough! Thank you!