Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

5714 Blue Grass Lane, Saline, MI (734) 429-2039

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Erica M

We chose Gwen to do our wedding cake, and we were so happy with the final results! Throughout the process, Gwen was great to work with and easy to contact. She helped me transport the custom cake stand when I was in a last minute pinch and had no one to deliver the stand to the... Read More reception hall on the day of the wedding. Most importantly, the quality of her cake and frosting is excellent - not too sweet, light, and moist. When I asked for a second trial, she explained that she typically does not offer that but was willing to do another complimentary tasting for me to help choose the flavors. She also was willing to bring us a box to the wedding reception to take the leftover cake home. The final design of the cake looked great! Lastly, her prices are reasonable as compared to other vendors. I highly recommend her!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Maria S

We had cupcakes at our wedding and they turned out perfect, she does such a wonderful job, we will being going back to Gwen for other occasions

So Yummy!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Lindsay O

Gwen's cakes are beautiful and she does not use fondant. Our cake was delicious and beautiful. I highly recommend the cherry cake with the cream cheese filling. It is to die for!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Julia K

Gwen did an amazing job with the dessert table at our wedding! We ordered a variety of cakes with Gwen, our wedding cake, several of her specialty dessert cakes, and lemon heart cookies to do a dessert spread for our wedding. Everything looked beautiful and tasted great! She... Read More charged a reasonable amount for setup, and was easy to communicate with throughout the process. She had a lot of flexibility in how to do cakes, flavors, fillings, sizes, etc... and we loved that she offered many other dessert choices, pastries, cakes, cookies, pies etc... I did dock one star because we had ordered one of the small specialty cakes to be made "naked" but it showed up to the venue as frosted... by no means was it a major issue, it looked beautiful and everyone loved it, but it wasn't quite what I had asked for. We loved our wedding dessert spread, and enjoyed our leftovers for weeks to come! We didn't bother keeping our top layer because Gwen offers a free anniversary cake - which we can't wait to order! No need to eat year-old stale cake. I would absolutely recommend Gwen!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kai S

I just got married on Oct 14 and I highly recommend Gwen's Cake Decorating & Etc. as your baker. We ordered 175 cupcakes (red velvet with cream cheese, chocolate with raspberry creme, and white with Bavarian creme) and a two-tiered cake. I think we had 20 cupcakes left over,... Read More which my family quickly gobbled up the next day. I've gotten so many compliments about how good the cupcakes were. The frosting is very light, almost whipped and isn't greasy or heavy feeling. The staff arrived on time and set up the cupcake stand very beautifully. The cake and cupcakes were decorated exactly as I asked. You should definitely check out the website and contact Gwen for your next event, you won't regret it

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lauren S

Gwen did a wonderful job! She had us in her home to taste a few different flavors & to look at her cake examples. We right away decided to go with her. She has a ton of flavors to choose from & she was able to make exactly what we asked her to. She delivered our cake the day of... Read More the wedding & placed our flowers on it & it looked beautiful! My brother has a gluten allergy and so she also made 6 gluten free cupcakes as well for the guests with a gluten intolerance. She did a great job & I would recommend!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Angela K

YUM!!!! My friend recommended Gwen's and I'm so glad we went with her cupcakes. Gwen has the best gourmet cupcakes I've ever had. She was very professional and her prices are great! We did cupcakes and they were all delivered along with cupcake stands right on time! Meet with... Read More Gwen and after you try her cakes you'll choose her!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Rebecca P

Gwen did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. It looked and tasted fantastic! Gwen was a pleasure to work with, and the binders with pictures of her past work helped us decide what we wanted our cake to look like since we had no idea what we wanted going into it. The cake... Read More tasting we had sealed the deal, we knew we wanted to use her for our wedding once we sampled a couple bites. Her prices were competitive and she works in a professional manner. She coordinated drop off times with our florist since there were fresh flowers on our cake, and she was on time for delivery. We would definitely recommend her to others.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Andrea M

I can't say enough good things about Gwen and the wedding cakes she made for us! We decided to get 7 single layer cakes, 5 of which were different flavors. Unfortunately my husband and I did not get a chance to try all of the flavors since it was a hectic day, but from what I... Read More heard from my guests they were delicious! The Confetti cake with Strawberry Creme filling was a crowd favorite and I especially loved the White Almond with Fresh Strawberries and Bavarian Creme cake. The cakes turned out exactly as I had imagined and described to Gwen, she added flowers on top from our florist and they were beautiful! I would definitely recommend Gwen's to anyone looking for wedding cakes or any other event for that matter.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Sara F

Gwen was so great to work with. She made everything easy and the cake looked and tasted DELICIOUS. Definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Lindsay W

Tasted good but as a bride I was SO upset to walk up to my "cake cutting" sign and see that the flowers on my cake were nearly black in color. They were supposed to be maroon. They honestly looked horrible.. Super disappointed in the appearance.

2017-06-27T21:23:41 Response from the vendor

Sorry for your disappointment. As this color sits overnight it does darken in color.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Taylor N

Such a great experience!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Katie M

Gwen did a fabulous job with our wedding cake. We met her months in advance and we got to try such amazing flavors. We ended up ordering a three-tiered cake with these flavors: white with strawberry filling (made with real strawberry slices!) chocolate with raspberry filling... Read More white with lemon creme filling. The buttercream frosting on the top was impeccable, but more than anything everyone said how great the cake itself was. She also included such a beautiful cake stand and made the cake look perfect. We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jeana D

Gwen's cakes look amazing, and are absolutely delicious! She created exactly what we asked for, and was very easy to work with. Her prices are also very reasonable. I would highly recommend Gwen!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Breanna A

Gwen's cake is the best! All of the flavors that we've tasted have been delicious, and we were lucky enough to try her cake at multiple events prior to selecting her for our wedding cake. We got the white cake with the strawberries & Bavarian creme filling, carrot cake, red... Read More velvet, and chocolate cakes. It was great to have so many options available! Also, we sent her some pictures of designs that we liked, and the cake that she made for our wedding was absolutely perfect, and exactly what we were imagining! She was so kind, easy to work with, and overall it was a very enjoyable experience. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 James S

The cake was affordable, delicious and beautiful. We couldn't have asked for anything better. The cake showed up on time and looked stunning. Gwen was lovely to work with and very accommodating. We had a three tiered cake, in addition to 2 sheet cakes, and all of them were... Read More fantastic. This may have been the only vendor that we had 100% ease of service with and 100% satisfaction in the quality and outcome of services as well. I would highly recommend Gwen's Cake Decorating & Etc. to anyone and everyone in the market for cakes for any event.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Lindsay M

We are so happy with the way our cakes turned out! We had cake centerpieces for our wedding on 9/10/16 and all of our guests complimented how beautiful they cakes looked, as well as how good they tasted!! Thank you Gwen for everything!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Huizhong G

We hired Gwen to bake the cake for our wedding. She gave us a lot of excellent options and helped us choose the flavor, frosting, and design we wanted. The cake was delicious and our guests loved it! It was so good that, instead of saving it, we finished it a few days after the... Read More wedding :)

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 April M

Gwen blew me away with the beautiful cake she made for our wedding last weekend. I requested a "semi naked" cake and she took the pictures I showed her and made something even more beautiful than I could have imagined! Our guests kept commenting on how unique and beautiful it... Read More was, and of course so tasty! I would definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jacqueline K

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Thank you Gwen!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Alex C

We got exactly what we asked for with Gwen. She is profession and straightfoward and it was nice that we got to meet with her in her home, where she works, for a consultation. We had a 4 layer cake made for our wedding and each layer was a different flavor with different... Read More filling! It was so cool that she could do that, and the Bailey's filling really tasted just like Bailey's- no idea how she pulled that off! Gwen delivered our cake to our venue right on time and made everything worry free. We will absolutely go back to her for cakes or cupcakes for events in the future. She even loaned us a beautiful victorian style cake stand for the wedding as well. We returned it to her a week after the wedding. The cake was moist and delicious and everyone complimented the different flavors. I had some left over that I gave to my mom to bring to work with her and I guess she never brought it into work, her and my dad ate it all cause they thought it was so good- too good to share apparently! Her prices are very reasonable as well.

Beautiful cakes!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Josh H

Gwen was very friendly to work with, she had an array of cakes for us to try at the cake tasting and they were all so good it made it hard to choose! We had 4 different types of cake at our wedding, all so delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Chelsey V

When I first tried the cakes she made for us to sample, I wasn't too impressed but thought we'd give it a try anyway because she had a variety of flavors and nice designs. Our guests loved the cupcakes and they looked really nice! The only problem was no one knew which flavor... Read More was which so we had many people trying several to find the salted caramel! It could have been that the were marked and the caterers just didn't let us know.

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Allison G

Gwen's cakes are DELICIOUS, there is absolutely no denying that, her frosting is to die for and everyone at our wedding loved the cupcakes and display. My biggest warning would be if you have SPECIFIC color requests be warned that it will be hard for her to match it... Read More perfectly. I think her value and effort is outstanding however she is not able to make the colors match your swatches EXACTLY which for some people could ruin your wedding. Her cake & cupcakes were delicious and she created a really nice display that I absolutely adored, she really captured what we were looking for. Like I said my only complaint or word of caution would be if you are very specific on the color you are looking for it might not be a possibility here.

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Gwen is simply fantastic. Neither my husband or I are cake lovers, but Gwen's Cakes are delicious and she made us excited about our wedding cake! Gwen works out of her home, and welcomes you with 2 small sample cakes (4 flavors) freshly baked for your consultation. Gwen was... Read More wonderfully open to any of your ideas but also is able to make her own expert suggestions. We ordered 2 sheet cakes and 1 small tier and got many compliments on all 3 of the flavors we chose. We did order significantly too much cake, but I'd prefer that over the alternative. We would definitely recommend Gwen without hesitation!!