Cakes + Desserts

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

1312 N Mullan, Spokane, WA (509) 924-8455

Delicious & just wanted I asked for!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Elyse M

Happy Cake Co. did a fabulous job with my cake! The decorations were exactly what I wanted and done to perfection. My flavors included funfetti, coconut, almond poppyseed, and spice. All were absolutely delicious!

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Amanda W

I can't say enough how obsessed I was with my cake. It was so, so beautiful. When I went in the shop with my now husband, we sat down and came up with a design for our cake quickly and easily. They showed us books of pictures and we were able to take elements from different... Read More cakes and put them together to create our dream cake. They gave us a quote and sent us home with a sample. They were not pushy about using them as a vendor which was something my husband and I were very grateful for. We went to a few other cake shops but nothing tasted as delicious, was within the price range, or seemed to have the level of knowledge as Happy Cakes did so we happily went back. We put down our deposit and they told us we could order samples to try and figure out what flavors we wanted. We ended up getting two flavors we were sure we would like, but then ended up changing our minds and they happily gave us more samples. They delivered our cake to Deer Park with no hiccups and it looked so stunning to finally see in person. On top of that it was DELICIOUS. Since the wedding, almost everyone I have seen has commented on how beautiful and how delicious our cake was. I can't say enough how amazing it was.

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Kaylee P

I loved my cake from here! Love the original cake ideas and the service was great! Very nice people and wonderful cakes!!

Not at all happy with Happy Cake Co.

Reviewed on 9/01/2012 Ginny M

Not at all happy with The Happy Cake Co. The owner quoted a price, on paper, we put a deposit down. We returned to order our cake and pay for it, met with another woman who stated that there was an additional $50 charge for the flower work. We didn't have the quote with us as... Read More that time, so we did not pay for the cake that day... making the fact that my mother-in-law took a half day at work so that she could pay for the cake a complete waste of her time off. We ordered 4 cake samples to taste. We were told at that time that we could order additional samples, if needed. We returned another day to pick up the samples and to bring in the quote. We met with the same woman as the second time. Even though we had a quote on paper, she told us that there has always been a $50 fee for the flower work on that cake and that she would talk with the owner. Out of the 4 samples that myself, my husband, and my mother-in-law tried, we only loved one flavor/filling. My husband called to order 4 more samples. The owner called me and told me that the flower work wouldn't be a problem, and that there wouldn't be a $50 fee, but that there would be a charge for the additional samples. When we went to pick our samples us, they weren't there/weren't ready. We did see the owner on this day and she was less than friendly. She stated "you won't be the only people eating the cake". In reference to a sample that we ordered but wasn't there, she said "can't you just imagine how it would taste?" My husband received a call from The Happy Cake Co. asking something about the cake and the person on the phone was confused as to the decoration on the cake. Because of this, he decided to stop by the day before our wedding to make sure that our cake was turning out to be what we agreed upon with the Happy Cake Co. (We did not design our own cake... just picked one out of their catalog.) The owner states to him that we "have been difficult to work with." The flower work was not was grand as in the photos.

Great taste poor customer service

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Aubrey V

I originally chose this vendor for my cake. We placed a deposit to hold the date and discussed the design. Everything was going well until they told me I needed to find the ribbon that would be used on my cake and bring it in myself. That would be fine except they only allowed... Read More one particular type of ribbon. After searching every store, floral shop and even online I couldn't find it. When I called and asked if we could use a different ribbon I was told no. They offered to put a strip of fondant in place of the ribbon for an additional 30 dollars. I told them I didn't want fondant on my cake and asked if they could do anything else. I was told no. I then called all the other bakeries in my area to see if they had the ribbon and what type they used. Every other bakery said they could use any ribbon as well as several other ideas of ways to get my wedding colors on the cake, including airbrushing. This vendor gave no other options and wanted to charge me or not put ribbon on at all. I chose to go with a different vendor. The plus was that I used my deposit to order cupcakes and they were very accommodating and the cupcakes they made tasted amazing! I think it would have been a wonderful experience if they had better customer service.

Love their cake!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Kasandra Q

I have gone their for several birthday cakes and decided to go to them for my wedding cake. Their cake is delicious and they had the best prices in town! They asked what we wanted and we gave them a picture and pieces of my swatches and they made it look amazing!

Better service

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Kaydee K

We went to two different cake shops - happy cakes was first. We ended up going back to happy cakes almost right away, just because of how friendly and helpful the staff was. They weren't pushy or bossy - it was all about what we wanted for our wedding. And the cake was... Read More incredible!!

Refused us

Reviewed on 4/11/2012 Laura H

Interesting how many reviewers state how nice and friendly this place was to work with. When I met with them they told me my event size was piddly and not worth their time. So I would seriously think twice before using them. Yes I understand that with less than 100 guests that... Read More is not much for a cake. But the person I met with was by far the rudest in the entire wedding industry. I had to give them one star this system doesn't allow no stars. The whole experience from the minute I walked in the door was very disappointing.

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 Rachael L

My cake turned out exactly how I wanted it and it tasted amazing! I live out of state and had to communicate mostly by phone but everything still turned out perfect. Everyone who works there is friendly and great to deal with.

great cakes

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Ashley F

They make very yummy cake!

Reviewed on 8/25/2011 Stacey S

My cake was beautiful. Just how I pictured it when we ordered. On top of that it was delicious! The people that work at Happy Cake are so accomodating and friendly. I can't wait to use them for our next big party!

Beautiful work!

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Heather P

I had my cake and my groomsman cake done by them. They did beautiful work and went out of there way to deliver to my wedding venue in Deer Park! On top of everything- the cake tasted amazing!

Reviewed on 2/07/2011 Danica W

They were very nice and helpful. They got some inspiration from my husband and I, then went and made magic happen! Each layer was a different flavor and it was just gorgeous!

Reviewed on 2/05/2011 Kimberly H

Happy Cake Co. makes fantastic cake! Everyone raved about it. It looked beautiful and turned out just how we wanted. They went for all of the special touches we wanted, had it delivered on time, and were great overall to work with. We are looking forward to ordering a... Read More replica of the top layer for our one-year anniversary!

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 ashley W

Happy cake co did our wedding cake and we loved it. It was so good and matched our wedding decor perfect

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Katie S

We were so pleased with our wedding cake! The company was very flexible and helped us create the vision we wanted. And, the cake was very tasty.

Happy Cake Co

Reviewed on 9/13/2010 Amanda L

My wedding cake was beautiful and was so moist even a few days after the wedding, it was as moist as the day of, what an amazing cake, they did a great job on my cake, it was exactly what I wanted

Review for Happy Cake Co.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Bettina J

The cake was beautiful. Even though I wasn't too specific about what I wanted they read my mind! The lemon cake was really tasty.;Banana cake was a little dry.