Harbour View

Woodbridge, VA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Veranda overlooks the Occoquan River and features brick columns, billowing white curtains and ornate ceiling fans that keep the air circulating. Couples are wed under either a white trellis arch or the new iron arch with the river as their background. Guests are seated in padded garden chairs and aisle runners are available in a variety of colors. The Veranda is open to the elements on one side but covered by a ceiling, meaning ceremonies can be held outdoors even in the event of inclement weather.

Receptions take place in Harbour View's Sewell's Point Ballroom or Hutchinson Room, both of which boast marina and river views and adjacent balconies. The reception rooms at Harbour View are elegant with a neutral design scheme that allows couples to easily incorporate their own theme or color selections.

Ceremony package prices vary depending on the number of guests, and include setup, chairs, rehearsal time and coordination. Ceremony-only packages are also available.

Reception packages include tables, chairs, dinnerware, table numbers, mirrored candle centerpieces and more. Harbour View can hold a wedding date for five days free of charge, and 25 percent of the rental fee is due at the time of booking. Couples can choose from a lengthy list of pre-approved caterers, and Harbour View's event coordinator can help couples select other vendors.

Thirty days prior to their wedding, couples are invited to meet with the wedding coordinators at Harbour View to go over the room setup, reception timeline, decor requests and discuss the details of the day to make sure that the couple's expectations can be exceeded. Former brides rave about the event staff at Harbour View, which has been known to assemble decorations, arrange flowers and even calm jittery brides before they begin their walk down the aisle. The on-site event staff also acts as a wedding coordinator for couples, guiding them through the planning process and coordinating all vendors, eliminating the need for a wedding planner.

• Spacious bridal suite
  • Groom's lounge
  • Grounds and marina can be used for engagement and anniversary photos at no additional charge

Unique Events on the River's Edge

Stop by one of our Easy Sunday Open Houses—a relaxed and informal way to see the venue and grounds, pose your questions to our friendly event specialists, get pricing for your wedding, and even try some goodies from one of our catering partners. Upcoming open houses are on the following dates from 1:00 to 4:00 pm: January 29, 2017 February 5, 2017 February 12, 2017 February 26, 2017 March 5, 2017 March 12, 2017 Register at www.harbourviewevents.com/easysundays, and use the promo code EASYKNOT. Get ready to fall in love...again when you visit this unique waterfront venue featuring hardwood floors, tasteful accents, ballrooms flooded in natural light, balconies overlooking the river & ceremonies on the open-air veranda. Our talented & passionate staff make sure your day is genuine & fun

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden

Planning

13200 Marina Way, Woodbridge, VA (703) 910-4273

Reviewed on 2/27/2016 Lauren L

My husband and I have been married for almost three months. We are so very happy and blessed! The Harbour View community is wonderful. They helped us in every way to make our special day celebrating our marriage with all our loved ones to be absolutely beautiful! We all loved... Read More the food (R&R!!!!!) and running down to dock carrying a red lantern to sail away on a boat was like being in a Disney movie (early December weather was perfect!). We could still hear the songs playing "Come Sail Away" and "Concerning Hobbits" and see our loved ones on the balcony as we sailed away as the happiest of newlyweds. :) Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Jennifer R

Everything about that day was incredibly perfect. I planned my entire wedding myself, down to the last detail, and having my on-the-day wedding coordinator, Katelyn (shout out to you!), made everything come together seamlessly. From the beginning, the staff was available, even... Read More giving me suggestions on where to buy flowers, and so efficient. They contacted my vendors for me to setup drop off and arrival times and saved me the hassle. I had the ceremony and reception at the location and the venue is amazing. They have good relationships with vendors too, each caterer and service agency they recommended was affordable with quality services (Shout out to Gricelda!). I got two coordinators on the day of, so unexpected, they had walkie-talkies and everything, (go go gadget go), they were just as organized as I am with my detailed program and constant emails. I was able to set up the ceremony the day before and they even stayed open late for me to do it. Katelyn and Andrea became a part of my family and my story throughout this process and I’m so grateful that I had the experience. Her staff set up the reception and everything so all I had to do was walk down the aisle and dance the night away. They were so personable and easy-going. They worked well with my unconventional and relaxed wedding vibe and helped me relax. The extra touches Katelyn did made the difference in helping me realize the vision I had of my day. There was absolutely nothing I would change. Brides, you should definitely consider this venue because they really work hard to make your day yours in every way.

2016-08-04T12:01:22 Response from the vendor

Jennifer and Damien, WOW - what you came up with for your decor was so unique and BEAUTIFUL. All of the little trinkets and books looked SO adorable on your guest tables, we just loved that none of them were alike but it all went... Read Less Read More

Amazingly Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Nadia S

My husband and I got married at Harbour View on August 15, 2015. We considered over 20 locations and visited over 5 other locations, before we decided on Harbour View. We finally choose Harbour View, because it encompasses all the aspects we wanted in our wedding. The venue is... Read More absolutely beautiful, the staff is accommodating and flexible, the venue options/rooms are numerous and we were able to utilize most of the room options within our budget. From the very beginning, their staff members made us feel so welcome and answered all of our questions and concerns. My husband and I felt so well taken care of, their staff has excellent communication skills and they made the whole event seamless. My event coordinator Marcy was exceptional; she was detailed oriented and made sure all aspects of the wedding were ironed out prior to the wedding, so on the day we had little to think of. We also loved that Harbour View allowed us to use outside vendors for food, this was a HUGE positive for us, because I am Egyptian and my husband is Italian and we wanted different food vendors, than the vendors on their recommended list. I highly recommend this venue!!! Harbour View helped us make our wedding unforgettable!!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Nakia O

We got married at Harbour View in March of 2017. The entire Harbour View Team is awesome. We worked closely with Katelyn. Any questions or concerns you have, Harbour View will address. You bring them a vision and they will exceed your expectations. If you are a bride, don't... Read More worry because Harbour View is phenomenal. The space is gorgeous and the team is extremely good at what they do. I have never felt more at ease during wedding planning. Thank you Harbour View! I will definitely be recommending you to those people looking for a venue for any event. Pictures came out phenomenal with the scenery at Harbour View. Andrea and Lisa are also awesome. Like I said, the entire team knows their stuff. Thank you so much for making my day a memorable one. I couldn't ask for a more elegant and awesome day! Oh yea, the groom was extremely please with Harbour View as well.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Tiffany G

Harbour View is a beautiful venue for the wedding. There were a lot of options of where to have the wedding as well, different ballrooms, outside, etc. The staff work as a mini wedding planner helping you review contracts and deciding on what is best for your wedding. I was a... Read More little disappointed that the wedding coordinator that I had when I started planning was switched to someone else about 6 weeks before the wedding. I am not a very romantic, "cute-sy" type bride. The first coordinator I had was very chill, like I am, the second one was a little too "excited" about everything for me. Every email had exclamation points all over it and I felt like it was a bit of a battle to keep things the way I wanted which wasn't the "traditional" way of having things. The day of the wedding went very smoothly, everything was set up beautifully and I was very happy with how the room looked. They were great about setting up all the things I had personally made for my wedding including centerpieces, favors, and placecards. All in all, it was a good experience and I am ultimately glad I picked them.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Vanessa T

My now husband and I had our wedding reception at Harbour View this past September and was the most magical day ever! We could not thank the ladies at Harbour View enough for everything that they did for us. When we booked about 14 months before we knew we made the write... Read More decision. Our coordinator was Katelyn and she was AMAZING! (we really love her! haha) She always checked up on to see how we were doing and was always in constant contact! We ran into a few problems with our caterers and Harbour View was there to save the day. Lisa, the owner, and Katelyn went above and beyond to make sure the problem was fixed (even though they didn't have to!) to make sure we were stress free- it meant the world to us. Day of, everything went smoothly, the ladies were so professional and we had an amazing time. Our guests were so blown away by the venue as well as how beautiful it looked! Another bonus is that they provide the tables and chairs- AND you’re able to rent other great things from them for your wedding! They recently got the beautiful chiavari chairs as well and I was able to use the darker brown ones for the first time at my wedding- it was such a plus!! I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at Harbour View- you really won't be let down!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Brittney W

Beautiful venue, friendly staff, excellent experience! If you're having a ceremony, reception, or any event- I suggest utilizing this venue. Worth the price and overall great value for everything that you're getting. I would get married here all over again!

2017-04-22T10:55:50 Response from the vendor

Hi Brittney! It was such a pleasure working with you throughout the whole planning process, and we hope that you and Nicholas are enjoying married life — you deserve nothing but the best. Bring sweet Payton by to say hello, we miss you all!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Marissa O

Harbour View will always have a special place in my heart. I can't say enough good things about the team there. I worked with Holly and she was AMAZING!! Holly and the ladies at Harbour View were SOOO accommodating. I forgot to purchase our sparklers for the send off but Holly... Read More made sure we had the sparklers so that we could have our picture perfect moment. She was always available and would give me vendor suggestions if I needed help finding one. The venue itself is gorgeous. It can accommodate weddings that are small to large (320 I believe) The location of it being on the water makes for a great background. The cocktail hour hour upstairs had such an elegant feel with rich wood floors. If you are considering this place look no further, stop contemplating and BOOK IT!

2017-04-22T10:58:43 Response from the vendor

Marissa! We had such a wonderful time working with you and Marcus, and we so appreciate you sharing your experience here. What an incredibly fun-filled and GORGEOUS wedding reception! Please stop by and say hello whenever you're in the area. :)

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 April W

If you are looking for a beautiful venue with an even more AMAZING staff, look no further than Harbour View! Thank God for the internet and Google because if it weren't for these two things, my husband I would have never found this perfect hidden gem. From the time that I... Read More entered the doors of this picturesque venue, I knew that this would be the place where I'd say "I Do!" Our ceremony was held in the Veranda on a beautiful September Sunday afternoon. The weather was perfect for our nuptials and the scenery on the Occoquan River definitely made everything even more breath taking. Our cocktail hour and reception were held in the upper level of the venue:The Gallery, Hutchinson Room, and the Seawell's Point Ballroom. The staff is absolutely AWESOME! Katelyn was our onsite coordinator with Harbour View throughout the our planning process and she was also our day of coordinator as well. She was so attentive to detail from the very beginning. She worked alongside our Wedding Planner to be sure that everything went off without a hitch and it most definitely did. Lisa (the owner), was amazing as well. One of our nephews had a meltdown as he was supposed to be walking down the aisle as a ring bearer and she helped get him relaxed and calmed down. Other staff members including Holly and Alicia, were also a big asset and so super friendly.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Deserie C

I have to start by saying that I rarely review anything and I it takes quite a bit for me to "gush" about anything. My experience with Harbour View leads me to both write this review and to gush about how wonderful they are as a venue, staff, and creator of the best day I've... Read More experienced (to date). I know that sounds a little dramatic, and I have to say that I am not a dramatic person. I was hesitant to have a ceremony, but was nudged to do so by friends and family. I heard about Harbour View from a friend of a friend and decided to go visit. I did the tour with Andrea, who is absolutely a delight in every way!! She helped me to see how beautiful the day could be, which sparked my excitement and helped me to identify a clear plan (to deal with areas in which I felt nervous), answered all of my questions, and communicated the level of support that the staff provides. We looked at dates and my(now) husband and I decided pretty quickly to move forward. After signing, my experience continued to be positive. Andrea made herself available to discuss any questions, help me with ideas, and identify any way that she could accommodate what I needed. This was consistent throughout the entire process!! The actual day of the event was perfect!! I went back and forth about whether I should get a wedding coordinator for the day or week before and Andrea assured me that they had it covered. During the rehearsal, she made my family and friends feel very welcome and "at home". She helped to get the flower girl prepared for the day (she is not quite 3 years old) and made sure that all the vendors were set and ready to go. We went over what was missing and I had an email with reminders by the time I got home!! The actual day of the event was everything she described. I felt amazing. She filled in the gaps in all areas (including serving as the MC because my dj was not familiar with the entire party). I didn't have to worry about a thing. We were running late and she was nothing but reassuring. She was the person that helped me to make sure that my dress was on and tied just perfectly!! She has seen and done so much that she has a strategy for every snafu that could arise!! I offer these details because, in the end, they meant SO much to me. She was the perfect blend of calm, positive, detail oriented, helpful, and so much more. Her logical and clear approach to problem solving was just what I needed. I did work with other staff members and they all seem to be equally awesome.... I just primarily worked with Andrea!! The price was doable, she offered EXCELLENT vendor suggestions (I got my cake, flowers, and caterer from the list), and the site is just beautiful!!! Nothing but great things to say!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Emma P

The Harbour View is the one stop shop party venue that's worth every penny. The planning for Our Wedding Day was practically flawless. My guest were impressed and so were we. Thank you for making this Day very SPECIAL TO US - Katelyn and Crew!! We Love Harbour View!!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Joanna L

We could not have picked a more perfect venue than Harbour View. The trees were in full blossom, the grounds were immaculate, and everything was beautiful. Holly and the rest of the staff went out of their way to ensure our special day went off without a hitch—and thanks to them... Read More it was truly a storybook wedding!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 laura l

Harbour View exceeded our expectations! This was the first venue we looked at and we couldn't get it off our minds. We were lucky enough to work with Katelyn who is amazing!! She is so responsive and willing to help with every detail! We got to work with Lisa, who is also... Read More wonderful, for our rehearsal and she made sure we were comfortable with everything prior to the big day. I highly recommend Harbour View for your wedding - the venue and entire staff is amazing!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Lesley B

We had a blast at Harbour View! Katelyn was fantastic and she worked super hard to make sure our day was perfect...and it was! I would highly recommend Harbour View to anyone who is looking to get married on the water with great staff and stress free planning!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Susanna C

We are so glad we went with Harbour View for our June wedding! From the moment we went on our tour with their friendly staff at their beautiful location we knew it was the spot for us. Working with Katelyn was easy as she was quick to respond and cater to our requests. She was... Read More incredibly helpful during our 30-day walkthrough where we went through every detail of our big day. The week leading up to our wedding she called all of our vendors to make sure they all knew where and when to be there and as a result our wedding went by smoothly and beautifully. I'd absolutely recommend Harbour View to anyone as their unique location is something many of our guests commented on. Their staff really goes above and beyond to make your day as special as it deserves to be.

2016-08-04T11:43:53 Response from the vendor

We were so honored to be a part of your special day! We just LOVED the succulent place card table and the mixture of the khaki and purple linens. Everything you planned came together beautifully!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Jennifer W

We went to several venues, Harbour view being the first we visited, and ultimately who we choose for our ceremony and reception. We loved that we could have an "outdoor" like feel for the ceremony on the veranda, but still not have to worry about rain. So many of the venues... Read More for outdoor ceremonies don't have a good alternative if it needs to move indoors due to weather ("we'll have it set up in this corner of the reception area" didn't work for us). Holly (our day-of coordinator) and the whole team were great to work with. Holly was responsive to my emails and calls asking questions about various vendors and other questions during our wedding planning. She looked over contracts and pricing for us. The day-of, they set everything up and transformed the rooms into what we envisioned. Such a treat to be able to have everything set up and tore down in record time and not have to worry about anything. We were very pleased and would recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Kristen O

There aren't enough words to express how wonderful both the staff and venue of Harbour View are, and how happy we are that we decided to have our wedding there! From our site tour until the wedding was over, our consultant/coordinator--Katelyn Bales; was FANTASTIC. She answered... Read More all 10000 of my questions and was so helpful in her ideas and planning of the ceremony and reception.....Holly (another coordinator at HV) made our Bar Signs for us which were AMAZING!!!! During the actual event--we wouldn't have survived without Katelyn keeping everything on track and telling everyone where they need to be and when....I could go on and on forever, but the bottom line is that selecting HV as our venue was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process.....I would highly recommend them.....The venue is beautiful, service is impeccable, and their professionalism and organization is unmatched. BTW, did I mention Katelyn Bales is AMAZING!??!

2016-08-04T11:48:28 Response from the vendor

Kristen and Mel, you two were SO fun and full of laughter throughout this entire process!! I am so grateful to have been a part of your special day! One of the things I will never forget is the pictures of your family including the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Brittany H

I can't thank these ladies enough! My wedding coordinator was Katelyn and I absolutely love her! We had about a year and some change to plan our wedding and whenever I called and/or email with a silly question, Katelyn responded promptly and went above and beyond to find... Read More answers to certain questions I had. I loved that they always stayed in communication with me about all that ins and outs. The rehearsal was awesome, Katelyn made sure everyone was lined up, organized and ready for the wedding. She let me voice my opinions and concerns openly and came up with great suggestions on how to coordinate things when I needed her opinion. The day of the wedding, she was always around making sure things happened on time, coordinated with my vendors to make sure my bridal party, husband and I weren't bothered at all! I told my photographer I wanted certain shots, and the photographer gave me some push back about certain things. Katelyn stepped right in to make sure that I got what I wanted and I so appreciate her! Did I mention that all you have to do is provide them with a picture of the set up you'd like and they design the wedding reception the way you would have envisioned it?! I went on pintrest and grabbed a few pictures of decor that I really liked for the tables and Katelyn and Holly did an amazing job of making sure that the tables were done just as I'd asked. Harbour view is truly a hidden gem and I will be passing their information to any and everyone who wants to have a fabulous event on the water!

2016-08-04T11:57:02 Response from the vendor

Brittany and Jason, We loved the ideas that you had for your wedding and enjoyed helping make your vision come to life! Your group was such a pleasure to work with and we are so grateful that you both were so happy with your special... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Emily A

We got married here May 2015 and I feel absolutely horrible I'm just getting around to writing a review for this wonderful venue! My husband and I spent months trying to find a place big enough for our wedding guests but also something that wasn't going to break the bank.... Read More Harbour View was absolutely perfect! We booked quite a bit in advance, over a year out, but the staff at Harbour View kept us informed 110% of the way! We consistently got updates and timelines and the staff members answered all my countless questions quickly and with such a great attitude! Lisa originally showed us the venue and let us show countless family members and vendors to help us prepare for the big day! Our original coordinator ended up not being able to be with us the day of but you would have never known! Lisa and the entire HV team allowed our big day to go flawlessly. The entire team really felt like family and I couldn't imagine being able to have the wedding of our dreams without them or the venue! We love you Harbour View!

Harbour View made planning a wedding easy!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Hannah L

My husband and I chose Harbour View for our wedding ceremony and reception. Harbour View was the first venue we looked at and the last. After our initial meeting/ walk through with Brooke, we felt confident that this would be the perfect location for our wedding and we were... Read More right!!! We held our February ceremony on the veranda and reception in the large ballroom- everything came together beautifully! Harbour View made the wedding planning process easy, checking in with us regularly over the year we had to plan, offering ideas, answering our questions, recommending vendors, and helping our vision come to life! When the BIG day came they were still there by our side to make sure everything went as planned! This is truly a wonderful place to hold any event with people who care about each couple! HIGHLY RECOMED!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

We toured over 20 different venues in VA/MD/DC before picking Harbour View for our big day. We got married on one of the most popular dates of the year, and fortunately HV still had it open. They were booked for almost all other fall/summer dates and we started our search 10... Read More months in advance. I would highly recommend booking early, and taking advantage of a Sunday so that you can have the whole venue to yourself all day. They stood out above the rest in terms of service, professionalism, and value. And you can't beat the amazing view of the Occoquan River! The bridal suite is nicer and more spacious than many of the other venues we visited. Our photographer took some amazing photos by the water and behind the building, where the landscaping is kept clean and beautiful. Parking is plentiful and the location is pretty easy to get to. The open air veranda was one of the main reasons we chose Harbour View. Your ceremony location will be the same, rain or shine! From day one, the staff went above and beyond to ensure our event would be a success. There were so many little things that they did for us that many other places would not have. Our coordinator, Katelyn, was AMAZING! She was very responsive to emails and phone calls, and worked hard to incorporate all of our ideas. Katelyn made sure that the bride & groom were happy (which we were!) and was very accommodating when things came up out of the blue or at the last minute. We had some minor issues with a couple of our vendors, but she helped us take care of them. She calmed our nerves and promised that everything would be just fine. The guests said that everything seemed to flow smoothly and the wedding was very well-organized. We are so glad that we chose Harbour View for a day of lifelong memories!

Picture Perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Stumbled on the venue while researching affordable places for a nice get together! Could not have been happier working with Harbour view staff. They are extremely efficient, accommodating and make it a very memorable event for everybody who attended. Their attention to detail... Read More is commendable and the whole evening was seamless. Would highly recommend the venue and the staff reminds you how customer service should be!!

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Jessica R

We were married here in late August 2015. Every aspect of our day was perfect. We were married in front of the gorgeous river with the beautiful view behind us. The staff executed our every request perfectly, almost without us even noticing that they were there. Weeks later our... Read More guest are still talking about how it was one of the most incredible wedding ever! Thanks Lisa and Andrea for all your help! Jeff and Jessica

Superb!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Karen V

Harbour View and Katelyn's team are just superb, no other words to describe them! Imagine a bride's worst nightmare - the florist doesn't deliver flowers on time for the wedding! In a mad scramble, Katelyn and her team were able to get to a wonderful local florist, Brandon's... Read More Flowers, pick up replacement flowers and deliver back to Harbor View in time for the ceremony. I, the bride, was thrilled...and TOTALLY unaware; Katelyn and team did EVERYTHING they could to make sure the entire day was perfect and IT WAS. They totally understand what excellent customer service means and deliver an exceptional experience for bridal party and wedding guests. HIGHLY recommend!!!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

We used Harbour View for our ceremony and reception. They were absolutely amazing! As soon as we took a tour of the venue, we put the deposit down for our wedding date. They kept in touch during the following months and even more so right before the wedding. They were great with... Read More setting up all of our centerpieces and made sure that the whole day went smoothly. They were the perfect choice for us, and we're so glad that we didn't choose anywhere else. It was the perfect day!