Book Your Wedding with Harding's

A RESTAURANT IN NEW YORK , NY

Manhattan couples looking for a reception venue that reflects a break from tradition should spend some time researching Harding’s in the Flatiron district of New York City. Exposed brick and colonial chandeliers are paired with a dramatically oversized flag and give an air of old patriotism. Harding’s provides the space for 100 seated guests or 150 standing guests which allows plenty of room for both the ceremony and reception.

Within the restaurant, a handmade Black Walnut bar is ready to serve from an impressive selection of alcoholic beverages-all sourced from the USA. Ingredients used to create every menu item are also domestically sourced-adding to the American nostalgic ambiance. Ceremonies and receptions will be held indoors so whether rain or shine. booked events will not be threatened by inclement weather.

Harding’s can accommodate anywhere between 50 to 150 guests. The American inspired menu is prepared by Executive Chef Joel Zaragoza and is comprised entirely of American sourced ingredients.

In addition to a custom menu, Harding’s is happy to create a custom signature drink in honor of the bride and groom. An event booked at Harding’s can begin as early as 11 a.m. and must end at midnight unless prior arrangements are made. Daytime pricing has different minimum spends amount. All food and beverages must be arranged through Harding’s and there are minimum spend requirement for all weddings. Harding’s prohibits the tossing of rice or birdseed and smoking is only allowed outside. All decorations must be approved by the venue prior to the day of the event.

Couples who choose Harding’s for their ceremony or reception will benefit from a few extra services and amenities offered by the venue such as:

• A dressing area for the bride
  • A coat check room for guests
  • Tables and chairs provided
  • Linens provided
  • Glassware and silverware provided
  • Champagne toast
  • Votive candles
  • Set up and tear down by Harding’s staff
  • Parking available in the nearby parking garage

Harding’s also provides an onsite manager the day of the event to help ensure the day runs smoothly and all expectations are met.

Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

32 East 21st St, New York , NY (212) 600-2105
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Morgan B

My now-husband and I didn't know exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue, but it turns out Harding's was it. First (and possibly most importantly), the service was incredible. From our first initial contact with Jill we felt at ease. It was the first time a venue... Read More had responded to us with a complete breakdown of price with no wishy-washy language leaving room for hidden fees. She told us EXACTLY what a wedding there would cost, tax and gratuity included. Every time I'd reach out to see if something was included in the price she gave us, the answer was always "yes." This initial communication was indicative of what the entire process was like. Jill and Ken responded to every question and request promptly, and helped us make decisions when we asked. My husband and I were so pleasantly surprised at how stress-free it was to plan our wedding, thanks in huge part to Ken and Jill. We had our ceremony and reception at Harding's (with 92 guests), and everything was perfect. The space was beautiful, the food was unbelievable (the sliders were a HUGE hit), and the servers so attentive (which our guests noticed and loved). Once the dancing part of the evening commenced, it was so nice to have a large dance floor, and to also have the front area by the door for guests that would prefer to sit and chat. I could go on and on, but needless to say, if you want a true Manhattan wedding, but don't want to sacrifice excellent food and beautiful decor, contact Jill and Ken at Harding's immediately. We are so happy we did.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Pete C

We can not say enough great things about Harding's. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and has such a great old New York, and rustic Americana feel. Jill and Ken (owners) are such professionals, and worked with us each and every step of the way. Their communication was... Read More outstanding, and they were so willing to help answer each and every question. Their staff was so professional and attentive. We did not have a single guest that did not RAVE about how amazing the food was, from cocktail hour to entrees, saying it was the best wedding food that they have ever had. If you are getting married in New York City, you would be silly to not check out Harding's. We promise you could not ask for more in a venue.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Jennifer W

What can I say!? Ken & Jill (the owners) are experts. And you can tell they find enjoyment in pulling off a fantastically seamless wedding reception! The Harding's space was perfect for our casual but elevated reception we had in mind. The food was hands down fantastic, the... Read More guests raved about the custom cocktails - and the staff was one of the most attentive and funnest group of people my husband and I have had the pleasure to meet. Ken really took care of the wedding couple by setting us up with food and drink in the back upon arrival - you're going to need it! All in all they really made our night completely unforgettable and magical and we are eternally grateful and forever fans of Harding's!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Lisa H

My husband and I wanted a fun venue for a cocktail party/wedding reception. Harding's was perfect. The space was absolutely perfect for passed canapés and food stations, with plenty of room for an open dance floor. The staff could not have been any better and all of our guests... Read More raved about the food and the drinks. Organizing the event was an absolute pleasure too...Jill and Steven were so patient and knew exactly how much food to recommend for a party our size (about 100 guests). We loved the laid back vibe. We had a large number of out of town guests so the location was perfect too. Everyone stayed in different parts of the city, but Harding's is really easy to get to from uptown and downtown locations. And for what it's worth, the space photographs beautifully. We couldn't have been happier with how the entire event turned out!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Katelyn D

Our rating of this venue is solely based on the way we were treated by the owner, Jill, of this venue right before and after our wedding. Everything was great the day of our wedding - the manager Steve, the other owner Ken, the food and the atmosphere were exactly what we... Read More wanted. However, all of that has been overshadowed after what we have been through. On two occassions before our wedding we were snapped at by Jill (she was not present the day of our wedding). But the most disturbing experience - the day after our wedding - was when we returned to pick up our decorations. Most of our decorations were damaged, broken or missing. When I was told no one could find our forks and cake server and the top of our cake we asked to speak to the owner, I also began crying. I was presented with a tangled pile of broken flowers, table numbers, candles, one champagne glass and other decorations - all damaged and broken. I was also handed a box by a customer who wanted to help me so nothing else broke (yes this is true). When she arrived she screamed at us, attacked us, called us names, the list goes on - please understand I am not exaggerating. She yelled at us that this was not their responsibility, it is a small venue and they have limited space. We can understand the limited space and understand glass items can easily break. We had planned on taking our items with us the night of our wedding. However, we were told it was ok to leave them and pick them up the next day. Of course in hindsight I wish we had taken our stuff with us and never had to go back to the venue the next day. It is just very hard to understand how your wedding venue could break, damage or loss most of your decorations or memorable items from your wedding and then scream at you that it is not their fault and they were being nice to let us leave our things there over night (again not an exaggeration I was screamed at by Jill how nice she is). As someone who puts a lot of thought and heart into moments like this our experience was nothing short of heartbreaking. We requested an apology from the owners and they have refused to apologize to us. It is very hard for us to understand how a wedding venue owner could treat their clients this way. Our experience with the owners of this venue has been nothing short of disturbing and disappointing.

2017-12-01T15:07:45 Response from the vendor

Katelyn, We want to thank you for sharing your special day with us, and we are glad we were able to host your wedding! We appreciate your feedback regarding our food and service and we will certainly pass this on to our staff. We try... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Christopher V

The FOOD, the DRINKS, the VENUE...all of it, amazing! The staff were ON POINT. Our entire wedding experience was overall amazing. We highly recommend the place for any occasion, really. Perfect location too!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Michael K

We had such an incredible experience with Harding's! Leading up to the wedding, Jill and Ken made everything so easy. We explained what we wanted and they delivered. It was such a relief to find a cool location that could also supply great food and drinks. The staff was amazing... Read More and everyone told us that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I highly recommend Harding's to anyone looking for an awesome wedding venue.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017

We had an amazing experience with Harding's. My husband and I wanted to have a non-traditional wedding and had a terrible time finding a venue to help us keep the wedding traditions we wanted without the ones we didn't. Jill made things so easy for me, was so responsive, and... Read More worked hard to give us what we wanted. Rather than a wedding factory with cafeteria food and cheap wine, we got amazing food and high end cocktails. The bartenders were a delight and multiple guests commented on the amazing service. We visited on our 1 year anniversary and can't wait to visit every year!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Lisa R

We picked Harding’s as our venue because we loved the old world charm. We were able to customize the menu for our 120 guests- the food, cocktails and service were great, definitely went above and beyond for us. The team at Harding’s made everything EASY, we knew exactly what to... Read More expect and what it would cost. Everything turned out beautiful, and we couldn’t be happier with the day.

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Liz J

I cannot express in a short written review how amazing our experience was at Harding's. We are regulars and had been coming for drinks/dinner for the past 2 years. When we got engaged, we thought why not have a non-traditional wedding at our favorite spot in Flatiron? We were... Read More able to have the wedding of our dreams for a very affordable price. Jill, the events coordinator, held our hands throughout the whole process and made a potentially very stressful event, seamless and easy. Ken and Steve ensured that the night of went off without a hitch and our family and guests are still raving about the experience! Thank you again Harding's!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Ben J

I really can't put into words how amazing our experience was at Harding's. Jill held our hands throughout the entire process and we were able to have our dream NYC wedding at a very affordable price. Our friends are still raving about the reception and party that we had last... Read More Spring. Ken and Steve ensured that everything was timed out perfectly and that all the guests and our family were taken care of and attended to. I love going back for dinner or drinks and having the memory of our wedding there every time!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Cari K

Everything about Harding's was great for our wedding: the decor, the location, the food. But the most important part of all was the service. From the very beginning, Jill and Ken worked with us to create a day that was exactly what we wanted, and even handled our last minute... Read More decoration requests with decorum and grace. They brought in a special beer for my (now) husband, they arranged all of our decorations, the communicated every step of the way. And the staff that actually worked our event was beyond words! Not only were we, as the bride and groom, looked after as VIPs, but so was every single guest, several of which can't stop mentioning how great the food was. We can't recommend it highly enough.