Harmon's & Barton's

Serving areas in Maine: Portland,Westbrook, South Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Falmouth, Scarborough, Windham, and Gorham.

Harmon's & Barton's

$$$

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Vases, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

117 Brown St., Westbrook, ME

Terrible Service, Ridiculously Priced

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Moira D

I received absolutely terrible customer service from Harmon's & Barton's. After my consultation, I received my quote (which, incidentally, was MUCH higher than the budget I had specified). Even worse, I had specifically requested that certain flowers NOT be included in the bouquets, and EVERY bouquet contained those flowers. The entire style & selection of flowers was in fact the exact opposite of what I had requested. When I contacted them, both by telephone and email, to re-draft the quote, I never even received a response back. Truly terrible service and way overpriced. In the end, I found a wonderfully talented & creative florist, FIELD, who not only did a superb job, but didn't charge an arm and a leg for it and went above and beyond with their customer service. Don't choose Harmon's & Barton's unless you want cookie cutter arrangements that your guests have seen at every wedding they've ever been to - and then only if you want to pay through the nose for it. Terrible experience.

Beautiful arrangements

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Kathryn C

I only did bouquets/boutonniers from Harmon's & Barton's but I was very pleased with the results. I am not a flower expert, but Jason took the vision of what I wanted and created beautiful arrangements with in season flowers. I was happy with the quality and cost.

Exquisite arrangements

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Alexandra S

My husband and I worked closely with Jason Parent from Harmons & Bartons and he was wonderful. He didn't even flinch after I changed my entire order only a few weeks away from our wedding. He worked closely with us as I expressed what I wanted and he helped to make our vision come to life. Jason seemed just as excited about creating our floral arrangements as we were which made the experience that much better!

Dead Bouquet!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Josepha G

The prices are ridiculous! I opted to forego having floral centerpieces and made my own centerpieces with an assortment of candles-very cost-effective. They wanted over $700 for a three-piece set of flowers (literally three flowers) for ten tables. The flowers weren't even roses or orchids! My biggest issue, however, was the service. My venue was also one block away from the shop and they wanted a $250 delivery fee. I pre-arranged (and confirmed in writing and over the phone) to pick up the flowers the night before the wedding. When I arrived 15 minutes late, my bouquet wasn't ready. The florist hadn't even begun working on it because all the pieces were not in. I was told the bouquet would be ready the next day. I was never called to explain this and I could not wait until the next day (early morning ceremony). I had them just create something with what they had-and given no discount. I was told to stick the bouquet in the fridge and that it would be good to go in the morning. The next morning the bouquet-an assortment of white flowers, was brown. I had no idea that my fridge was set at a colder temperature than the flowers required, nor would I have known on my own that this mattered. Needless to say, I will not go back here for any floral needs.

Beautifu!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Chantel B

We used our own vases, and they were very accommodating in allowing us to bring in our own materials. They stayed within our $1,000 budget and delivered gorgeous flowers that looked like we spent a lot more than we did!

Beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Sarah L

Harmon's and Barton's were great about putting together flowers for our very large bridal party, and were flexible around incorporating personal touches into bouquets and boutonnieres. They sometimes took awhile to respond in the planning stages, but ultimately were willing to work within my budget to create the flowers I wanted. Be sure to take advantage of the "preview" offered the day before the wedding - had we not checked things out we would have been short a bouquet on the day of the wedding!

They were awesome

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Deirdre G

Rhonda and the rest of the staff here were a pleasure to work with. They only forgot one thing and that might have my fault. They work miracles on a small budget and made my wedding bouquet and my matron of honor's a beautiful piece of work. I would go here for your wedding flowers. You won't be disappointed!!

This florist does wonderful work!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Penny M

Regina and I met at a bridal show. She was terrific to work with and her work was breathtaking! She kept me under budget and was able to do some last minute changes for us. Never made me feel like I was a pain for the last minute requests, always made me feel like a priority.

Beautiful work!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Amanda T

The consultants are super helpful and very knowledgable, great selection of flowers and they lasted foreer after the wedding!! We used them for all the weekends festivities and they looked great! I wanted to incorporate some family things into my flowers and they we super easy to work with. Very professional, I would reccomend them in a second.

Perfect Flowers

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Tracee C

I decided to go the non-traditional route and had all green flowers, ones that looked as though they were picked from the wild. Jason Parent was on board with all of my ideas and was so helpful. He pulled out some flowers to group together at our first meeting which was so great. I was able to see my ideas in person and it made picking a florist very easy.

Amazing work

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Meredith P

Harmon's & Bartons created beautiful bouquets that were ten times better than I had ever imagined. They worked with me and my budget to make beautiful bouquets, bouttonieres, corsages, and centerpieces that fit into my budget but that were also absolutely beautiful.

Definitely Recommend!

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Meredith M

Jasmine from Harmons and Barton's did an incredible job on the flowers for my wedding in August 2011! She was very professional and had great ideas. I trusted her opinion and let her go with her own ideas for some of the flowers. I would highly recommend Harmon and Barton’s for your wedding!

Flower review

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Christine B

Beautiful flowers!!

Fabulous

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 sally m

They were easy to work with when picking out my flowers and then did a fabulous job with the results!

lovely!

Reviewed on 11/27/2010 dawn c

my husband and i were sset up with H&B through the Landing, where we were married. We wanted simple, yet classic decorations and they really came through for us. It was a fall wedding and they gathered Gerbera daisies, and placed them in dishes with water and floating candles - perfectly simple and elegant. The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous and they even threw in a tossing bouquet! The price was much less than we expected and when we headed into the venue, we found that they had included more flowers to scatter around the ballroom.

TO Harmon's & Barton's