Hazlehurst House

Mcdonough, GA

Exceptional Style--Distinguished Historic Mansion

Indulge yourself in luxury as you surround yourself with lush gardens, rich history and exquisite beauty. The Hazlehurst House is the perfect setting for enchanted weddings and unforgettable receptions.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

77 Sloan St, Mcdonough, GA (770) 898-0776

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Amy C

Everyone at the Hazlehurst House was wonderful. Margaret was so efficient and understanding. The wedding and reception were just perfect. My guests keep telling me how wonderful the wedding was. The food was perfect, the flowers great. The staff at the reception bent over... Read More backwards to make sure all of my guest were taken care of. I would recommend the Hazlehurst House for any event.

Most Amazing Day of My Life because of Hazlehurst

Reviewed on 6/11/2012 Brianne S

Although we currently live in Orlando, FL, after searching around the Atlanta area, we feel in love with Hazlehurst House immediately. Leslie made us feel like family and was so completely organized I feel like I barely had to do a thing. And when I would forget to do something... Read More that had been request, well she kept me in line, which i LOVED! Planning a wedding from 400 miles away should normally be very stressful, however I never ONCE felt like anything had been overlooked during the planning process and leading up to our big day. They even were very quick to help me when I had an issue with the provided grooms cake. Leslie was able to keep the whole family and crazy friends in line for both the rehearsal and wedding, which made the day just full of fun for myself and new husband. Hannah our assistant was amazing! I guess I didnt really fully understand what an assistant would do for me that my bridesmaids couldnt, but I just dont think the day would have been the same without her. The Hazlehurst Team went above and beyond to make everything perfect. Overall, I wish I could do it all again because it was the most special day of my life.

Our Wonderful Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 4/01/2012 chad f

My husband and I were married on March 25, 2012 at the Hazlehurt House. Our wedding day was more than we could have ever imagined it to be. Leslie, our wedding director, made everything stress free and the wedding ran so smoothly. As a bride, you want to enjoy planning your... Read More wedding and the wonderful staff made the planning so easy. We did not have to worry about finding outside vendors for our wedding, the Hazlehurt provides all of the vendors, which is a blessing. Our wedding was outdoors and the weather was amazing. The flowers, reception food, and DJ also made our day even more special. We will always remember getting married at the Hazlehurt House.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Amanda M

Our wedding at Hazlehurst House was truly wonderful. I was planning everything from the West coast so having a planner to help arrange all of the details was essential. I admit that I found myself disappointed in the planner we were assigned. She was relatively new and some... Read More important details were overlooked throughout the planning process. My first planning meeting was with Felicia. She was exquisite, extremely professional. I was actually under the impression that she would be taking care of the wedding details until I started receiving emails from someone else. No one ever explained to us that we would be working solely with another staff member. Our meeting with the planner was hurried, entire pages of details were skipped over. We flew all the way across the country for this meeting and I think we were there a total of 5-10 minutes. My dad had actually just passed away. I had to mention to her that we would not need a boutonniere for him. I got teary. I'll never forget that moment. She just stared at me with wide eyes and a strange look on her face. There was no empathy from her whatsoever. It was a very odd moment. Her overall demeanor and level of professionalism just wasn't what I expected after working Felicia. Overall, despite some of the stress involved in the planning process we would have our wedding there again in a heartbeat. Everyone had a great time and it really was a beautiful wedding.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Heather W

Everything was wonderful! Having a wedding planner was great! Love how all vendors were included, only had to communicate with my planner, Tammy, who did an excellent job!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Katie S

Cannot brag enough on this venue and the staff!! Had our wedding May 7, 2016 and it was PERFECT!! Tammy was our planner and she helped us bring our vision to life and made it so much better than we could have ever hopped for! She paired us with awesome vendors and was there to... Read More help us every step of the way, she's AWESOME!! Nikki was our day of coordinator and she organized the crap out of our day! She helped keep everything on schedule and made sure everyone and everything was where it needed to be. We were a little hesitant about the price but you definitely get your moneys worth; it is so worth every penny the entire crew down to the wait staff was nothing but professional, helpful, and so kind! Would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone interested!!!

The Hazlehurst House SAVED My Wedding Day

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Erin Y

My wedding reception was held at The Hazlehurst House on November 8th. My worst nightmare came true 3 months prior to my wedding…..my original reception venue would not be built in time after numerous promises otherwise. I called and spoke to Ashley at the Hazlehurst house who... Read More I automatically felt comfortable and confident with. Within a few hours of speaking to her she helped my re-plan my entire reception and menu. The Hazlehurst house was so accommodating and welcoming to me and my family. Ashley is extremely organized and responsive. She kept an open communication with me the entire time and I knew when I showed up to the reception that everything would be taken care of as I had 100% confidence that she would make it perfect. The food was wonderful, the staff was very friendly and professional to me and my guests and everyone complimented the venue and its charm. Thank you Hazlehurst House, Ashley and team.

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Samantha A

The Hazlehurst House did a fantastic job for our early fall wedding! We scheduled the wedding from out of town, so we were initially worried about the process, but the staff made coordinating easy. Ashley worked with us on everything from setting up the hotel for our out of... Read More town guests to providing possible locations for on outdoor picnic-style rehearsal dinner. Every time we needed anything, Ashley delivered. She communicated on her days off and was always reachable as the day approached. On the day of the wedding, the entire staff made the process simple for us. The food was delicious, the signature drink we chose was excellent, and the venue was decorated gorgeously. Though it is a small thing, having the gifts/decorations/misc. stuff loaded into our cars for us was a great help. All we had to do was give the staff our keys before the wedding and tell them who was taking what, and it was done when the night was over! I highly recommend the Hazlehurst House for your big day!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Ashley L

My fiancé and I wanted a beach wedding. Due to our families being in so many places, we chose to have a private, family-only ceremony on the beach. We chose The Hazlehurst House to have our "hometown reception" to celebrate with our family and friends. Felicia and Ashley did... Read More an absolutely fabulous job with our wedding. Anything we requested, they made it happen. The decor was top-notch, the food was phenomenal, and our DJ was the best. Having the reception at an "all inclusive" venue was the greatest idea we've ever had.

Worked out Awesome in the End!

Reviewed on 1/02/2014 Paige S

I fell in love with the Hazlehurst house immediately when driving up. It has such a grand feel to it and the garden patio is beautiful. After looking around at a few different locations I decided that I wanted to get married there. I mainly worked with Ashley at the Hazlehurst... Read More house. She is very friendly and understanding and I was happy that we were partnered with her. Hazlehurst was very organized and you can tell that they have done multiple wedding and are very experienced. We had a few miscommunications however in the beginning as my mom was doing most of the wedding planning and was in charge of the decorations, coordinating flowers, etc. (we were trying to save some money by having a lot of DIY things at the wedding and not having to hire wedding planner). So parts of this stressed my mom out a good bit, and in turn stressed me out. It was things like being told we couldn’t set up early and would have do everything hours before the wedding, etc. However, thankfully, last minute, Hazlehurst let my mom go in the day before (no wedding before mine) and set up and store some of her bigger items. This was a huge relief on my mom and really helped us out and she was very happy she could do that. There were some other minor things during the wedding planning process, but everything did work out very well in the end. Part of it I think can be attributed to how stressful planning a wedding can end up being. The rehearsal went ok. I was given a rehearsal director with the package from the house and I had never met her before. Although I think she was a very sweet woman, during the rehearsal I would have preferred her to be more assertive and gain everyone’s attention better. There were a lot of people talking when we were going through the different steps, etc. I didn’t want to have to yell at everyone or tell them to pay attention (I didn’t want to be a bridezilla), so I would have really appreciated it if she had been more direct and assertive. I probably should have said something to her, but I just let it be. At the ceremony, everyone remembered what they were supposed to do, so it turned out fine. The florist wasn’t able to come until 4 (wedding started at 6), so the florist wasn’t too happy about that. Some of the staff upon her arrival commented to her that “you’re cutting it pretty close” etc., when that was the time that she was told she was allowed to arrive. So, I thought that was pretty strange. I, as the bride, felt very stress-free and taken care of on the wedding day. I even had a bridal attendant who help carry my dress train. At the reception, we were able to sit down and our food was delivered to us, and it tasted incredible (catered with the Hazlehurst house). All the service staff were really good - I was impressed at how they were so professional, and how smoothly everything ran. We got so many compliments on the venue, food, cake, and service. I’d also like to compliment Russell, who was the banquet manager. Although I didn’t get much interaction with him personally, my mom had many guests who told her how personable, and friendly. From everything that I could tell, the ceremony and reception went incredibly well and nothing as far as I know nothing “went wrong”, which is a huge blessing. All the guests loved the venue, the food, and the cake, and were very impressed with everything. In the end, all of the minor things worked out, and I’m very happy with choosing the Hazlehurst house as our venue.

Pricey but worth it

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Katie W

I loved having our wedding here. The staff and planners did everything they could to make our wedding everything we dreamed. The only problem we encountered was it seemed that every little thing that was extra would cost extra. This is something that you will encounter at just... Read More about any all-inclusive venue.

Amazing Southern Charm

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Catherine T

The Hazlehurst House is a beautiful venue for anyone looking to have "southern charm" as a part of their wedding. I chose this place as my venue because it reminded me so much of the historic homes back in Savannah where I am from. The staff here is very efficient and helpful... Read More through every step of the process. I have received so much positive feedback from family and guests about how beautiful the wedding was, and how great the food tasted. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to book a wedding. Margaret became my planner about a month before my wedding due to my planner having outside circumstances and she did an awesome job on the day of the wedding. My bridal attendant was Katie and she was super sweet and always there for whatever I needed.

Best Day of my Life

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Kelsey M

From the moment we step foot at the Hazlehurst House we fell in love with the venue. The greatest part about the Hazlehurst House is that you can either use the vendors they have or you can bring in your own. We did both and it made the year that we were engaged the LEAST... Read More stressful part of the whole process. The staff is exceptionally nice, they will give you recommendations, opinions, options, and will cater to your every need. We worked with Felicia, Margaret, and Leslie and loved all of them. Our wedding day was perfect, from flowers, to decorations, to food/cake, and DJ. Eric is the DJ's name and he is a blast, he knows how to get the party going and how to keep things rolling! The food/cake was absolutly delicious. We had so many compliments on every aspect of the wedding from the venue to the food, to the DJ we couldnt have asked for a better place to spend our special day.

2012-10-17T15:08:42 Response from the vendor

We feel blessed to have been a part of this very special time in your life!!! Thank you so much for that honor.

Beautiful Southern Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Ashlyn B

I got married on August 4 in Griffin at the church my parents were married in and had the reception in McDonough at the Hazlehurst House. The two were 30 minutes apart, but that was not a problem at all, thanks to our wedding planner at the HH, Leslie Bishop. She was so... Read More organized and thought of everything to cover even the smallest details of our "day." Everything was just perfect! The HH is absolutely breathtaking and we had some beautiful pictures taken on the grounds. The main house is a beautiful antebellum house built in the early 1800's. The bride's room is lovely and also is the perfect setting for wonderful pictures. The ballroom was so beautiful and the food on the buffet was delicious! There was absolutely not a worry on my wedding day because Leslie and her wonderful staff took care of everything. My parent's gave her their car keys when they arrived, and they didn't have to do another thing the entire evening, except visit our guests. The staff put all of the gifts, cake, my dress and anything else we brought that day into their car. all they had to do was leave. It was absolutely my dream wedding!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/01/2012 Rachel C

The HH staff made everything a breeze, the only thing I had to stress over was my bridesmaids taking forever to get dressed. The food was incredible, the service was great, and they took care of everything: coordination at the ceremony venue, timelines, packing things up and... Read More getting them into the right cars, and more.

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Samantha S

I visited at least 20 different venues in he metro Atlanta area. Even though The Hazlehurst House was over an hour away from both friends and family, we fell in love with it! What a breathtaking venue! We had a ton of options as far as set up for the ceremony and reception. The... Read More ballroom is spectacular and very spacious! The staff is extremely accommodating! Everyone was blown away with the quality of service and food! Hazlehurst house holds a bridal extravaganza a couple times a year and I highly recommend attending one of these. There you get to meet a lot of the vendors that they us as well as taste the food to get an idea of what the offer. They also have a few packages to choose from which makes planning a little easier! All in all this venue was a great choice for us and we would recommend them to anyone!

Greatest Marriage Proposal EVER followed by Greate

Reviewed on 2/05/2012 matt s

After my proposal went viral all over the Internet, my fiance and I found ourselves as guest on TV shows such as The Ellen DeGeneres Show, CNN, The Today Show, Good Morning America, and many more. During all our media attention, we were contacted by wedding venues all over the... Read More world. We were even contacted by the TV show "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera". We could have had our wedding at dream locations we could only dream about, but, it was always our dream to be married in our hometown at the most incredible wedding venue called the Hazlehurst House. So it wasn't a hard decision for us to keep true to our roots and say "I do" on the grounds of the beautiful house that was built in the early 1800's, in the city we both not only grew up in, but also currently live in. We are very happy we choose the Hazlehurst House as our wedding venue. They took a ton of stress off of us and took care of so much of the wedding planning. They do a lot of the services in house which made the planning so much more enjoyable for us. They created an incredible dinner menu, booked a great DJ, got us an beautiful cake, and even had Ginny's favorite flowers everywhere even though they were out of season! They had a lot of contacts and suggestions for photography, bands, and everything else needed to make a wedding a day you and your guest will never forget. On our wedding day, our planner Leslie had everything planned down to the minute. It was awesome! She was so calm and yet excited the whole day. She made us feel like superstars and made our day run as smoothly as possible. We didn't have to stress or worry about one single thing because Leslie had taken care of everything. She stayed in contact with us and kept us updated along the way. We no longer look at her as our wedding planner, we look at her as a friend. The Hazlehurst House is a place where vows are said, rings are exchanged, memories are made, and little girls dreams of their wedding come true. Matt and Ginny www.mattandginny.com www.facebook.com/makingthemoviesjealous www.twitter.com/MattandGinny www.youtube.com/user/MattandGinny Here is a link to a short video of our wedding at the Hazlehurst House http://youtu.be/DJ4DNqIuCcQ

Hazlehurst House

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 Jill D

We can not say enough wonderful things about Hazlehurst - their hard work made our wedding completely stress free. Everything was beautiful and the staff is helpful. The facility is beautiful and the packages provide a great value. The location is convenient to downtown and the... Read More airport and there are many amenities close by. If you're trying to find a perfect wedding location, please check them out!

all a southern bride needs

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Emily S

i have attended many weddings at the hazlehurst house, and so when it came time to plan my own, i knew where i could go to trust! for a busy bride such as myself, the HH was fantastic! you have a coordinator to help you plan every small detail. almost everything is done in... Read More house/in house contracts (food, cake, dj, floral, etc) so at the end of the day you are paying one venue, and not twenty different ones! they were very patient in helping me realize my dream. when it came to the day of, everything was handled. all i had to do was show up, get dressed, and get married! Leslie and her staff are phenomenal! i cant recommend it enough!

Spectacular Service, Beautiful Finish: Perfect Cho

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Jennifer S

Life was stressful graduating from school, starting a new job, moving to a different state all while planning a wedding with a very limited time frame. And then I met Leslie and her fabulous staff at the Hazelhurt house. They helped me plan my wedding in a mere two weeks start... Read More to finish and kept in touch for the next several months by email as I was out of state. You are greeted by hugs at every appointment and leave with the confidence that you are in good hands. As a historic house with old southern charm, beautiful gardens and an airy veranda, I couldn't imagine a more perfect place to encompass both an outdoor ceremony with an arbor and an indoor reception. The imagineering and details that went into my vision was amazing and I am still receiving spectacular reviews on the decor, atmosphere, food, staff, flowers, cake, and grounds. The Hazelhurst staff is worth every penny for the ease with which they move you through your day. On the day of, all you have to do is show up, get dressed, and enjoy.

When your venue really cares....You get these resu

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Karey J

I must say that choosing The Hazlehurst House for our wedding was the best decision my husband and I made. We had a tough time during our wedding planning process because my grandmother became very ill. Due to her sickness, my mother was unable to help with much planning, so we... Read More turned to The Hazlehurst House. They went above and beyond to make our day special and unique for us. My grandmother ended up passing away a week before the wedding and without Leslie and The Hazlehurst House staff, my wedding day would have been a wreck. From my wedding planner, Leslie, to the DJ to the food everything was wonderful and perfect on my wedding day. I keep getting comments about our wedding and the wonderful food and staff. I highly recommend The Hazlehurst House for weddings or corporate events. They will make your day special, unique, and stress free.

Excellent

Reviewed on 9/30/2011 frances w

Hazelhurst House was all that I expected and more. It is truly a one stop shop for wedding. They were able to suggest vendors and hotels and carried out all of my request. They were AWESOME, service, food, decoration, ambiance, venue, and the best SERVICE in town

Dream Wedding & Dream Venue!

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 Natalie D

It has been over a month since my wedding day and I am still in dreamland! The HH House was the perfect setting for my “Southern” dream wedding and the staff did not disappoint. I knew I loved the HH House and after my initial meeting with Leslie Bishop, I knew I made the... Read More right choice. Leslie was great and worked with me throughout the entire process even responding to emails and phone calls promptly even when I was sending them after 10PM! At one of my meetings, I changed the entire feel of the wedding including menu and décor and they accommodated each and every idea to make sure I was more than satisfied. Felicia Watts worked with me countless hours to make sure that I had the most gorgeous flowers and that I got the look I truly wanted. The entire crew at the HH House was absolutely amazing. They were a pleasure to work with and made each and every day of my engagement fun and stress free! Thank you HH House for the perfect fairy tale day! You are amazing!

It was my dream wedding.

Reviewed on 4/05/2011 Erin M

I planned my wedding on a budget. It was hard to find vendors that were willing to work within my budget and still look like a million bucks. The Hazlehurst House did everything in their power to make my wedding the most memorable day of my life. From the wedding planner to... Read More the day-of attendant they can pride themselves on service. I had such a wonderful experience and will always remember it. With the beautiful backdrops in my pictures to the taste of their famous peach punch, I will always look back on my wedding day and have great memories!

Jason and Kendra's Wedding

Reviewed on 12/22/2010 Kendra H

We feel in love with the Hazlehurst the first moment we walked onto the grounds. From our first meeting with Leslie to the day of the wedding, she did everything she could to make our wedding perfect. She did so with great success! Everything from the invitations, food, flowers,... Read More DJ, photographer, violinists, etc. were taken care of through the Hazlehurst. Our guests are still talking about the wedding, which I find is a result of the excellent job of Leslie and the Hazlehurst. If you are looking for an all inclusive venue that is elegant and beautiful then the Hazlehurst is the place. Leslie and the rest of the staff will make your day even more special.