Heavenly Gourmet Catering

Catering to the San Antonio, Hill Country, and Austin area

Catering for all Budgets

Heavenly Gourmet Catering offers the best in fine foods for any occasion. Whether it be wedding, social function, or luncheon we will provide you with the best eating experience possible. Please give us a call for a complimentary taster at our private setting cafe. Prices start at $10 per person.

Cuisine

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

5005 West Avenue, San Antonio, TX Catering to the San Antonio, Hill Country, and Austin area (210) 496-9090

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Matthew C

Loretta is amazing! She made our wedding happen. First: the food. We served the chicken with the creamy, tangy orange sauce, as well as the mushroom risotto, Greek salad, and mixed vegetables. The food was amazing, and my most discerning relative, who I will not name here, told... Read More me it was the best wedding food she had ever tasted. Heavenly also gifts you four servings of your wedding fare for your one month anniversary (with the stated goal of sharing with friends or family), and you had best believe we took it home and ate it all ourselves. My only regret is not stealing the mushroom risotto recipe. Heavenly's prices were better than their similarly well-reviewed competitors', but the service is what really won us over. Loretta treated us like family from the moment we sat down at her table. She was easy to get ahold of and extremely accommodating throughout. We must have gone back three different times to adjust our menu, and she was always happy to meet with us, samples ready. However, she won a place in our hearts two months out from the ceremony, when we lost our original venue. Construction at our first choice of venue had run long, and we found out two months prior to our date that we would be unable to hold our wedding there. After six hours of freaking out, calling venues around town, and finding that they were already booked or out of our price range, my wife, then fiancee, finally called Loretta to explain that we might need to adjust our contract. She should have called Loretta first. Loretta immediately explained that she/Heavenly Gourmet had just bought a venue, and that she thought she could make it work. It would be easy to take the cynical view and say that she capitalized on a business opportunity, but Loretta did so much more. I won't establish unfair expectations by betraying everything she did to make our wedding happen and happen perfectly, but I can confidently say that Loretta went well beyond what we could have expected of our caterer. Caterers all over create incredible food, and many do it for a reasonable price. However, only one of them does that AND has Loretta and her staff. I strongly recommend Heavenly Gourmet. These people saved our wedding and our sanity. We felt genuinely sorry to say goodbye to Heavenly and Loretta after everything was through.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Leah K

I came to know HG when I worked at one of the venues they service. I learned immediately that they were the very best in the area. I have worked with many caterers at the venue and I have tasted plates from them all. HG's food was the best I have tried and they are the only... Read More caterer I have seen to have a quality checklist to be completed by their staff and signed off by the venue and client at every event. It ensures that they don't leave a mess of the place and end up getting the client charged. As a client, I think you tend to look at the prices and menu options and you don't even realize things like that. THEN, I got engaged. 7.5 month engagement, and THREE DAYS before my wedding our original dinner plans fell through. I immediately called HG thinking I couldn't afford them and that there was no way they could work a wedding with only three days notice. They were AMAZING. Let me choose whatever I wanted from the menu, and when I didn't like the first quote, they made some changes and managed to drop over $100 off the price! We already had a wait staff lined up and wanted to save some money on delivery, so we arranged for the food to be picked up and served by our own wait staff. The ONLY minor issue I found with HG was that the food pickup didn't come with instructions, so our chicken wound up sauceless and somewhat cold. This wouldn't be an issue with delivery since their staff knows what to do with their food, but we had our own people serving our food. Halfway through serving all of our guests, our wait staff came to us because they didn't know what the sauce was supposed to go on or how to heat it up correctly. In the future HG, please include heating and serving instructions for all pickup orders. As both a client and a venue staff worker, I would recommend Heavenly Gourmet to anyone looking for a classy plated meal for their event with delicious food and a company that is sure to do things the right way and save you money and stress.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Stephanie S

Oh my goodness! This was the BEST food! Everyone was raving about how delicious it was. My uncle came up to me and said "I have never been to a wedding where I liked the food and this was amazing. A total home run!" My dad is extremely picky and hard to please and even he... Read More couldn't get over how delicious everything was. The owner was the nicest person and made you feel like family and that your day was just as important to her. The staff was kind and on top of everything. There is not one thing to complain about and I would not change a thing!

Reviewed on 3/23/2018 Jen M

We loved working with Heavenly Gourmet. The tasting process was great and we had lots of options. We brought our own recipe for our entree and they were totally open to our wants. The staff at the wedding was completely professional - on time and well put together. The bartender... Read More was very charming and took great care of our guests, and the food was delicious. One of the waitstaff brought appetizers back for the wedding party while we were taking post-ceremony photos. Our guests were so impressed with the food, and they did an amazing job of cleaning up. They worked really well with our wedding coordinator, and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Katie H

Overall it was great. I do feel like the girls that work he phones could be more professional and listen more, that would help. Being from New Braunfels and having to travel to try the food, I told the girls on the phone we had setup different foods to try and when we showed up... Read More it was the same food as the time before. When we drafted other ideas for options, the day we were supposed to sample, the ideas ended up in the fryer grease, so we had to push it back another day. Luckily we received a free late night snack from that. The reason I went with them was because my friend used them at his wedding and the food was so hot, filling and delicious. It’s the only wedding food I had ever remembered eating. Luckily, at our wedding we received a bunch of compliments. However, my husband and I’s meals were room temperature. I was so starving I didn’t care. The late night snack (honey butter chicken biscuits) were rediculously dry. Everyone mentioned that. That was disappointing. Also some tables were missing some silverware (aka didn’t have a knife) when we had verified the amount. I also wasn’t happy how a bag or cover remained on the coffee all night. So they never served or offered to serve coffee. I could’ve used a cup myself but I didn’t have time to worry over that. Just felt they could’ve done a better job and paid a little more attention.

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Ashley R

Everything was amazing! We keep hearing how much everyone loved the food! Thank you so much! I will definitely recommend Heavenly Gourmet to everyone I know! -Matt and Ashley Alva

Reviewed on 2/25/2018 Andrea G

I would recommend these guys 1000 times! So good. So accommodating. So kind. And their food is excellent! They made both our rehearsal luncheon and wedding reception meals and people kept commenting how awesome the food was! Not to mention, they worked with us so well leading up... Read More to the day to make sure everything would be perfect. And it was! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Daniela M

There are not enough good things we can say about Heavenly Gourmet. A friend of ours had HG at their wedding and strongly recommended them to us, and we are so glad we decided to go with HG. The food was hot and delicious and the late-night snacks were perfect! The waiters were... Read More polite and efficient and even made sure to pack to-go containers for us to take back to the hotel at the end of the night! Perla with HG also went above and beyond and we were very grateful for her! You will not be disappointed if you choose to go with HG plus their prices are unbeatable!

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Katie M

Sorry it’s taken me a while to write this but i just wanted to say thank you to heavenly gourmet for doing such an amazing job at our wedding on October 21, 2017!!! I can’t even count the number of my people who came up and said this was the best food they’ve ever had at a... Read More wedding!! They were so helpful and accommodating to guests with food allergies and even made sure my groom had exactly what he wanted even if it was different than the menu ;) thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day so special!! Katie & Chris Darley

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Heather M

There is no reason to ever go with another caterer! HG and their waitstaff went above and beyond the call of duty. I got to experience this from the perspective of the customer and the venue. They were friendly, helpful, hard-working and the food was amazing. We have had so... Read More many people ask us and rave about the food! I run the wedding venue so from the perspective of the venue coordinator, I am recommending this company to all future brides. Thank you all for your hard work and for making my sister’s special day a success!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Jessica M

We used Heavenly Gourmet for our December wedding, and our guests are STILL raving about food-ESPECIALLY the mac and cheese bar!!! We selected the Heavenly Chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans, and for the children Heavenly Gourmet provided a chicken tenders plate with... Read More macaroni and cheese! The food was so delicious, and the appetizers we selected (bacon-wrapped cream cheese jalapeño poppers, Beef Wellington sliders, and chicken taquitos) were a huge hit with our guests! The staff was so courteous and professional...everything was effortless! The only mild snafu was that, although we (my husband and I) were provided sit down service, due to miscommunication between the church coordinator and the DJ, our 2 parents tables were not provided the same service as per our contract and had to join our other guests in the buffet line. Again, a mild snafu, but otherwise everything went off without a hitch! They even boxed up dinners for us to enjoy the following evening, and were extremely helpful with cleanup during and after the reception as well as in boxing up the remaining food (which we ended up donating to the church). We loved working with them, and we will DEFINITELY be using them again for our future special events!!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Adeline L

Heavenly Gourmet was amazing! From our initial consultation to the wedding itself they were very professional and accommodating. We highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Jennifer L

Heavenly Gourmet did a great job catering my wedding. The food was AMAZING, they took all of my suggestions and made them happen, and the set up was seamless. My only complaint was that we almost ran out of the main food attraction (brisket at a carving station) and we even had... Read More 15 no shows!! We wouldn’t have had enough if everyone came. We had plenty of everything else though, and I had so many people compliment the food!!! Overall great job and I would recommend them!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Lauren P

I received soooooo many compliments on the food from my wedding. Everyone was very impressed. We served the pecan crusted chicken, green beans with bacon, and roasted potatoes. My family was even happier with the Mexican corn for the late night snack. They thought it was the... Read More

best idea ever! Thanks so much Heavenly Gourmet! :)

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 vicky M

From the very beginning heaveanoy gourmet was the best choice. The staff was prompt and very helpful. They had the best prices per plate and we were able to get a complimentary late night snack which was a HIT at the wedding. Out tastings were delicious and they accommodated my... Read More indecisive nature. They not only catered to us that night they also catered to my parents and bridal party!! On top of the exceptional service. The food was DELISH!!! Thank you

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Tony L

Amazing food, great service, friendly staff, awesome choice overall. If I had to do it all over again, I’d definitely choose HG, they were fantastic

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Jennifer H

We figured that catering would be the least of our worries by going with Heavenly Gourmet. The tastings went well, the owner seemed great and we were confident in our choice. We were wrong. The caterers serving the food, had no idea what they were serving, they could not tell... Read More a vegetarian what did and did not have meat in it. Our main entrée was supposed to be honey butter chicken biscuits, (we did brunch foods and it was stressed many times that this was the thing we wanted most), but they forgot the chicken for our biscuits. This left most people hungry and having to eat again after the reception was over. There was also supposed to be fruit served at dinner, but this was given out with the hor'dervs instead. You would think that with a mistake this big, they would want to make things right immediately, but instead, they offered us a gift card to a restaurant for their mistake. I thought this was extremely insulting to say the least... you forgot our main entrée for our wedding day that we cannot get back and in return would like to offer us a gift card? I did not even eat at the wedding because all that I wanted was the fruit and the chicken biscuit. In the end we received a small refund, but by that point, we were already done with this company!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Reyna G

There was a lot of confusion with them on the day of. But great prices and food!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Amber K

Heavenly Gourmet did a wonderful job at our wedding the food was just as expected. The portions were just right and the service was great and they were very accommodating. The guests were very satisfied. The staff if great and helped us along the way with several changes and... Read More tastings to ensure we had it all right, they even made sure to save us some of our appetizers that were served during our photo session. We did have a snafu with the linens being several hours late which shifted all other items throughout the day and ultimately made our ceremony late. However, they did make up for it by reimbursing our set up fee and a % of the cost. I would recommend them despite the mix up.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Erin A

Though the food tasted excellent and they are normally professional, I felt they kind of dropped the ball for the wedding. My now husband was served last, the bar was closed way too early per our contract, and other things clearly noted and talked about were not done.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Danna J

AMAZING! We absolutely loved the food! We are still getting compliments on how delicious the food was! The basil feta mashed potatoes, the mac and cheese bar, and the chicken and roast beef were big hits! The staff was extremely attentive and even served water to all our guests... Read More who were waiting for ceremony to start! Great company, staff , and food!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Peyton P

Heavenly Gourmet was extremely professional and triple checked all of our needs before our big day. Everything was perfect and handled efficiently. I highly recommend Heavenly Gourmet for any event.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jenny G

Excellent customer service and excellent food. The whole team that worked with us from the tasting to final selection were beyond fantastic. Any questions or concerns we had they handled quick and efficiently. All of our guests had nothing but great things to say about the food... Read More and the waitstaff. My husband and I will definitely recommend and use Heavenly Gourmet again for any catering needs.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Francheska H

Wonderful service, great food. Everyone I worked with here was absolutely amazing.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Kimberly A

Best food ever! We tried Heavenly Gourmet at a few open houses we went to as well as the bridal shows. Each time the food was done perfectly. We decided to set up a tasting and they have such great menu options. We loved everyone we worked with and they took our time with us... Read More to get our menu just right. They were very affordable and the food is top notch. Everyone raved about the Heavenly Stuffed Chicken and the Mac and Cheese bar late night snack was a huge hit. The staff was incredible and made sure that we had enough to eat. Thank you for helping to make our wedding a day to remember.

Loretta Ortiz

Loretta Ortiz is the humble owner of Heavenly Gourmet Catering. For the past 12 years, she has relentlessly built a mammoth catering business under the radar of many fierce competitors. Heavenly has catered over 14,000 events, 70% being weddings, and has proudly maintained a Five Star Rating. Heavenly is rated AAA by the Better Business Bureau. Loretta’s mantra is; “you are only as good as your last event.” The opportunity to be in someone’s dream is the ultimate honor; we do not take that for granted, not one moment. We married so many extended families, they are like our family”!