Limitless Service Fueled by Creative Passion...

Heidi's has been "making the good times easy since 1992." We are a full service event planning company and caterer. Our menus are tailored to suit every pallet and occasion. Our creative design team can assist with every aspect of your event. The professional team of food servers, banquet captains and culinary staff will ensure an effortless event. We emphasize exceptional service and dazzling presentation from simple events to sophisticated affairs. Heidi's Does It All!

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Southern, Southwestern, American, Greek, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

2095 W 15th St, Tempe, AZ All of Arizona! (480) 491-5254
INSTAGRAM

Heidi and Her Staff = EXCELLENCE!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Ashley W

I planned a destination wedding in Sedona, AZ site unseen and was given Heidi's name from another bride who had used her services. From start to finish, Heidi was the consummate professional and made the experience seamless. Her front of the house staff (secretaries) are... Read More extremely organized, friendly and reliable. She provide all but two things for our wedding, music and photography. She can do it all! From organizing the lighting, dance floor, tables and chairs (ceremony and reception), bar service, food, linens, etc. She was reasonable, efficient, CREATIVE and tasteful with set-up, and above all friendly. To be honest, she treated me as if I were her own daughter on the day of, taking care of my every need. One of the most talked about aspects was that the food was cooked on site, making for a fresh and absolutely fabulous meal. I cannot thank Heidi enough for organizing such a fantastic day for my husband and I.

2014-07-29T15:41:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review--we are always glad to hear another great review from a wedding where we helped make your day special!! Congratulations to you!

Exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Cody Anne Y

Heidi and her staff never missed a beat. The food was amazing, the staff was helpful and kind and the event went off without a hitch! That is sure saying something about a caterer who traveled over 100 miles to serve several courses to over 100 guest at a private residence... Read More where they did not have access to a kitchen. Heidi's gets all A+'s from us!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Belinda R

Heidi and her wonderful staff did an amazing job at my daughter's wedding. From our first meeting we felt comfortable and had full confidence in Heidi. She guided us thru the whole process with such ease and calmness. Heidi's experience shined thru and her suggestions were... Read More perfect. The day of the wedding her staff couldn't have been more professional or better organized. They totally put us all at ease and made for a wonderful event. The food station displays were colorful and everything flowed so easily. We had many compliments on how fresh and tasty the food was. There was something for everyone. I would truly recommend Heidi's Events and Catering to any bride.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 JN Z

My wedding was in Sedona at a Bed and Breakfast - gorgeous place! But we had to bring in everything on our own...which can sound a bit scary. Heidi's Events and Catering made everything just perfect. I was able to get everything from them (tent, tables, linens, floral,... Read More tableware, DELICIOUS food, bartenders, servers, etc.!), which made everything so easy. The reception came together more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. My guests are still talking about how amazing the dinner and service was and just how great of a party we had. I have a huge thanks to Heidi's Events for that!! I wouldn't have changed one thing...it truly was an amazing experience!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Terra D

A huge thank you to Heidi's Catering for providing dinner for our 90 wedding guests! The process was so easy- we only had one tasting before making our selections. Jillian responded to every email and was so friendly and knowledgeable. The short ribs were a hit and we had... Read More guests go up for seconds! They even let us take home the left overs :) The staff was amazing and so polite. We will definitely be using Heidi's again in the future!

2017-05-19T15:04:00 Response from the vendor

Those short ribs are mouth-watering!! So glad to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the entire experience. Thank you for taking the time to review - and congratulations!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Rachel A

Working with Heidi was great, and all our guests raved about the food. I’d definitely recommend booking them for any large-scale event; the tri-tip steak and herb-roasted chicken were huge hits.

2017-05-19T14:58:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review! We are always thrilled to hear about your favorite dishes...Chef's dry rubbed tri tip is a delicious choice for sure!! Best wishes and thank you again!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Blair J

Our recent wedding was catered by Heidi's. We loved working with Jillian, who truly helped our vision to come true in organizing appetizers and food stations instead of a traditional seated dinner. We had to commit to our date/deposit before the tasting, which struck me as... Read More odd, but thankfully we were pleased enough with the tasting. Since we had food stations, we weren't able to taste the options we had selected at the tasting, but sampled enough of the plated dinners and appetizers to decide what we thought would work out well. Jillian was very responsive and easy to work with throughout this process; our numbers kept changing and some of our requests fluctuated (adding linens, coffee, etc.) and she continued to send us updated quotes. On the day-of, not everything went as planned. Unfortunately Jillian wasn't at the event, though the staff present were very nice and attentive. Since I wasn't in a white gown, it took about an hour before the catering staff figured out who my husband and I were, so we didn't start off with the personalized butler service promised (though they definitely tried to make up for it throughout the event and boxed up some of the meats for us to take home, since we barely ate!). We were told that the catering staff would take care of our decorations beginning at 3pm, but when my family and I arrived at 4:15 (for a 5:00 start!), ALL of our items were still in boxes in storage. My family and I rushed around to place centerpieces and other decorations around the venue. Some of the food stations weren't in the correct locations, which was disappointing and definitely negatively affected the traffic/flow that we had planned. The peach gazpacho that I was super excited for (and had loved at the tasting) instead tasted like bottled caesar dressing, and a couple other items were not as expected. Positives were that our guests LOVED the short ribs at the Korean BBQ station, and definitely appreciated having a wide variety of culinary options and strawberry shortcake for dessert. If we were to do it again, I'd definitely consider using them but would want to be sure that our plans were followed a little more carefully. As the person who planned the wedding, I am likely the only person who knows that the reality didn't match what was planned; our guests had a great time and are still talking about the short rib, so all in all a success.

2017-05-12T16:50:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am so glad you took the time to list the things we could have done better along with the things we did so well. It is so disappointing to me that you and your husband were not just... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Samantha B

We had no choice to go with Heidi’s because it was in our package from our venue. I was worried after reading reviews that it was going to be a bad experience. But it was the opposite. We had a plated dinner and passed hors d’oeuvres in our package from our venue. We had Heidi’s... Read More provide our wedding pie (instead of cake), a hot chocolate and coffee bar, and late night snacks. All our food was absolutely delicious the wait staff were polite and tended to our needs perfectly. They made sure that my husband and I got the hors d’oeuvres during our sweetheart photos and also made sure that we got the passed late night snack. The pie table was beautiful and the pies were delicious, I crave our strawberry rhubarb pie. Our hot chocolate and coffee bar was decorated beautifully and was a big hit! Some of our guests commented that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Jillian responded to all of my emails and answered all my questions. She was there on my wedding day to set up our displays and everything looked great. We had a great experience working with these caterers on our wedding day.

2017-05-10T18:26:35 Response from the vendor

We had so much fun planning and designing your hot cocoa and dessert station...it was a blast! Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We wish you the very best!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Katelyn S

Service was amazing, the staff was so friendly, professional and accommodating. Food was fabulous, from the appetizers to the main course everyone enjoyed it and we had so many guests come up to us raving about the food and how it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. We... Read More were afraid with having 150 guests and having plated meals that the food may get cold before guests received their meal, but that wasn't an issue at all. I definitely recommend Heidi's catering, they have so many options to choose from, you can't go wrong.

2017-05-10T18:27:50 Response from the vendor

We are happy to hear all of your comments. We take pride in hiring and training our staff in house, and know they will always provide top notch service. Thank you for reviewing! We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Brittney P

We recently had our wedding at a venue in Sedona, AZ that required some travel time for the caterer and unfortunately, it didn't go as expected. Prior to the event, we had several meetings to discuss our concerns (tipping, wait lines, adequate staff) only to find that on the day... Read More of, all of these became a reality. A majority of the staff present appeared as if they simply didn't want to be there and this was more than evident in their attitude towards the guests and the handling of contractual obligations. Aside from the long wait lines at the serving stations and bar, it took our wedding planner's intervention to ensure champagne was poured and tables were bussed, both obligations of the caterer. With this vendor being the most expensive aspect of the wedding, we were thoroughly disappointed with their performance and would discourage others from considering them on their special day. After the event and numerous conversations with the owner, we were provided a portion of the fees in return for the lack of service. This was a a helpful gesture but if provided the choice, we would have preferred that they simply fulfilled on the promises thus avoiding the situation altogether.

2016-06-21T12:22:44 Response from the vendor

Please be assured that it is never our intention here at HEC to fall short of quality service, food, and presentation since it has kept us going for nearly 25 years now. We really do work very hard at training our people and preparing for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

We contracted Heidis Events and Catering for our daughter's Quinceanera and were extremely pleased with the service and food from Heidi's. The staff was great and very professional and catered to our every need. Our guests loved the food and we were all treated great! Thank you... Read More for helping make our special day memorable!

2016-05-16T13:10:31 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed working with you all as well!! What a lovely family! We hope that we are able to work with you again soon.Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Kristin B

Wow, I cannot say enough good things about Heidi’s Catering! They are a preferred vendor of my wedding venue, and honestly in the beginning I didn’t put a lot of thought into the food. We had a very lovely tasting that Heidi’s puts on monthly with various stations of hors d’... Read More oeuvres and entrees and I narrowed it down to two items I thought were good. On the wedding night itself…Ahmazing! The beef we had ordered was a nice, large slab that had all the gentlemen drooling. The chicken was tender and flavorful. All my guests raved about the meal. To top it off, the service staff was incredible. Special shout out to Jake, who took care of the entire bridal party. Would recommend this company without hesitation for any large event or wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Was recently married in my backyard and fortunately contracted with Heidi's!!! After our first meeting I felt confident that Heidi's would take care of everything - I didn't have to worry. We used several serving stations. The food was outstanding! The service was... Read More impeccable! Thank you Heidi's!!!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Mandy L

Had a great experience with Heidis for catering. Jillian is a huge help and was great with communication! Was able to put together a great menu with several options of what we could do, also put together a great team to have at the venue the day of the ceremony. While prices... Read More may seem high to some, they are very affordable to those who are pulling from their own pocket for the event! Would definitely use them again

2015-10-26T13:06:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! I know we enjoyed planning with you along the way--congratulations to you both!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Heidi’s Catering handled all of the food at my daughter’s wedding in February 2015 at Bella Rose Estates. They did a wonderful job. The meal with a Mexican flair was very good. The hors d’oeuvres; stuffed jalapenos, green chili empanadas and shredded beef burritos were amazing,... Read More so delicious! Rick, was the personal waiter for the bride and groom, as well as the wedding party, he went above and beyond doing a wonderful job. He always made sure they were taken care of. Thank you Rick!

2015-08-24T19:03:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback!! It is always wonderful to hear about another fabulous reception. Congratulations to you and your daughter!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015

Save yourself the frustration of dealing with this company, they were horrible. We had multiple issues the day of our wedding due to some unexpected weather and all of our guests and vendors pitched in to make it go as seamless as possible except Heidi's Catering. In... Read More addition, Heidi's showed up late and they parked their catering truck right in the backdrop of our ceremony location as guests were arriving. Their service to us and our guests of honor was poor, and our guests waited 45 minutes to eat, some finally gave up. When addressing these issues and a few others Heidi replied by blaming anyone and everyone besides her company and telling us that we didn't pay her enough to do certain things. She took ZERO accountability. After looking through other reviews on this site and a couple others it seems this is not a one time occurrence with them. Stay Away!

2015-05-26T12:34:04 Response from the vendor

As one of the Event Specialists that was on site at this wedding, I can say without hesitation that the HEC team worked very hard from start to finish and were quick to do anything they could to provide excellent service in the unfortunate weather... Read Less Read More

Delicious Food, Great Value

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Janet R

I had conceded that our wedding budget would probably allow for a stationed cocktail hour and dinner buffet. Meeting Heidi changed everything. We were able to get server passed hor d'ourves and a plated dinner reception for far less than other caterers we met with. We sampled... Read More everything prior to finalizing our menu and the food Chef prepared was delicious. Our guests commented on the great dinner we served, thanks to Heidi and her staff!

Great Food

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Courtnay Z

For the most part we had a great experience with Heidi's. The food was delish and we are still receiving compliments on it. The staff was very professional and was able to work with the "moving target" that is a wedding timeline. My only disappointment was that my groom and... Read More I were not offered cake when it was being served. With all the excitement of the reception it was easy to forget that we hadn't had any of our cake. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing... except ask to make sure my husband and I got cake :-)

A-MAZING!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren M

Heidi's thorough attention to detail and excellent menu selection allowed for us to have an elegant event, which was at a private home. My planner and I were able to leave the food and bar to Heidi's, which allowed my planner to focus on other pressing matters the day of. We... Read More have received numerous compliments about the entree's and cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres, the serving staff and bartender. The Bride's parents, the Groom's parents and guests left the event remembering the food and overall great energy of my wedding. It was a HUGE success! Thank you, Heidi!

Excellence in all aspects!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Sara L

My wedding went off without a hitch. I was positively thrilled with everything having to do with Heidis’ team. I didn’t have a single thing that I would have changed about my day, her team genuinely seems like a group of amazing individuals. The flowers were put out flawlessly... Read More and table décor looked incredible. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received on how nice the venue looked and how flawless the execution of everything. The food was absolutely scrumptious, all of it. I cannot recommend Heidi highly enough!!!!!!

2014-07-29T15:39:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We do love what we do and this is exactly why...to make your day stress free and an amazing memory!! Congratulations!

Very Disappointed

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Brittany H

I am very disappointed in Heidi's Events. I had spent a VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY with this catering company and less than satisfaction. To start, our tasting was AMAZING...never had such moist chicken and pork...beyond amazing. With that said, we thought the investment was... Read More more than worth it. The owner was kind enough to give me a full discount on the china which helped out a lot on the cost. When it came to the day of the wedding that's when it all went down hill. They arrived on time and started to set up prior to the ceremony. After the ceremony was done, we had a cocktail hour with no food, just drinks. When the reception started the bridal party was held up an extra 20 minutes due to the catering company still trying to get the food out(they had more than enough time to set up during the cocktail hour). Once we had our grand entrance we were able to get our food....and that's when it got really bad. The chicken was COMPLETELY raw, the pork was so tough that you couldn't cut it with a knife and my husband literally choked on it. When it was brought to their attention they called the chef and stated the complaints...the response was "its the veining on the chicken" (yet the chicken was completely pink). After we ate what food we could I was being advised by my guests that the catering company was eating the rest and not packaging it up per our contract. When we had our cake I was also advised that they took the cake back and was eating that up as well (I bought cake for 100 people and only had 70 guests...and left with 0). To end the night I had the staff approach my mom and ask if they could leave early. I had guests at tables using the glasses and drinking the water. They asked to take the glasses and have my guests go up to the bar for bottled water. Not that it was a huge deal, just annoying that I spent so much money and they would ask to leave early. When I emailed the owner with my concerns her response was pretty much nothing went wrong. She made a point to let me know the "details of what happened" even though she wasn't there to witness it. The chef took time to personally call my guests since he knew some of the people to confirm the complaints instead of the bride and groom. The service was very unprofessional and they seemed rather argumentive and offensive when we brought it to their attention. They did credit back a small portion of the food cost due to the raw chicken. As much as I hate to leave a bad review I feel that their service spoke volume...I've never had so many people approach me letting me know how nice my wedding was but how horrible the food was...beyond embarrassing for the price.

Great food and service!

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 Jacklynn H

I loved Heidi's. The food was delicious. We only received great reviews from our guests, and the day of service was spectacular. I live in Tucson, but I got married in Phoenix, and the only complaint I had was from one particular employee who I know was new. I tried not to... Read More hold it against the company as a whole, but she made it difficult at times. Jillian and Heidi are great to work with, and the others are learning. Other than scheduling conflicts and the inability to always work with my schedule, they were great. I loved the food and the tastings. The cutlery was amazing and Heidi is always charming. Very classy establishment and meal.

Staff is great! Jillian and Brandi are amazing~

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 heather m

Overall everything was great not gonna lie Heidi is a little intimidating but she is definatley on her game and knows. The staff was all great! Food was good. The only disappointing thing was the bar service Heidi's hired out the service because of the margarita machine we had... Read More and the bar ran out of WATER of all things and coke! But Brandi our banquet manager did offer to go out and get more.

Wish I had Known......

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 Kimberlea G

As you can see from my star ratings, we were not thoroughly impressed with how Heidi's handled our Wedding catering.The only reason she receives a 4/5 on service is because of her wait-staff- she and her assistant Jillian would receive a 0! As a whole, my guests did not notice... Read More that anything had "gone awry" which was a plus, but there were many things that involved Heidi and her assistant Jillian, that made for a more-than-needed stressful and incomplete atmosphere. I am not one to go into the nitty-gritty details on a forum, but just know that the "pitch" that Heidi will sell you on is not what you end up with- you are merely a dollar sign and that became very evident. If you would like the specific details- contact me, and I will send you the Satisfaction Survey I sent to Heidi after the event. Also, as a side note: at the original meeting, I had expressed that we were going to meet with another catering company the following day and would let Heidi know of our decision. She unprofessionally spoke ill of the other company and said we would be better off with her- "she was really more capable of the type of affair we wanted". Because of this, we cancelled the appointment and booked with Heidi. Looking back, I REALLY wish I would've taken my other appointment- other vendors I chose said that the other caterer does a fantastic job!!

Perfect wedding day

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 p f

Our daughter just got married this June. We had Heidi's Events do our wedding. We could not have been happier. Heidi and her staff were so nice to work with. She gave us suggestions and options we did not think of with the food, decorations and even our own little diy projects.... Read More Our daughter wanted an outdoor reception in our back yard (which made me nervous). Heidi was not intimidated by that at all. She had so many wonderful ideas. It was truly wonderful. I was not stressed or worried the day of the wedding at all. Everything was so organized and under control. Not only was the reception breathtakingly beautiful, the food was awesome. Our guests raved about the bruchetta station. We received so many compliments on the food. Heidi's Events made our daughters wedding day perfect. I do not think we could have asked for anything better. We would not have changed a thing. Our daughters words before she left for her honeymoon were, " it was everything I wanted Mom". I think that says it all!