Cuisine

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Chef Stations, Passed Appetizers, Food + Catering

2095 W 15th St, Tempe, AZ (480) 491-5254

Heidi and Her Staff = EXCELLENCE!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Ashley W

I planned a destination wedding in Sedona, AZ site unseen and was given Heidi's name from another bride who had used her services. From start to finish, Heidi was the consummate professional and made the experience seamless. Her front of the house staff (secretaries) are... Read More extremely organized, friendly and reliable. She provide all but two things for our wedding, music and photography. She can do it all! From organizing the lighting, dance floor, tables and chairs (ceremony and reception), bar service, food, linens, etc. She was reasonable, efficient, CREATIVE and tasteful with set-up, and above all friendly. To be honest, she treated me as if I were her own daughter on the day of, taking care of my every need. One of the most talked about aspects was that the food was cooked on site, making for a fresh and absolutely fabulous meal. I cannot thank Heidi enough for organizing such a fantastic day for my husband and I.

2014-07-29T15:41:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review--we are always glad to hear another great review from a wedding where we helped make your day special!! Congratulations to you!

Exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Cody Anne Y

Heidi and her staff never missed a beat. The food was amazing, the staff was helpful and kind and the event went off without a hitch! That is sure saying something about a caterer who traveled over 100 miles to serve several courses to over 100 guest at a private residence... Read More where they did not have access to a kitchen. Heidi's gets all A+'s from us!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Belinda R

Heidi and her wonderful staff did an amazing job at my daughter's wedding. From our first meeting we felt comfortable and had full confidence in Heidi. She guided us thru the whole process with such ease and calmness. Heidi's experience shined thru and her suggestions were... Read More perfect. The day of the wedding her staff couldn't have been more professional or better organized. They totally put us all at ease and made for a wonderful event. The food station displays were colorful and everything flowed so easily. We had many compliments on how fresh and tasty the food was. There was something for everyone. I would truly recommend Heidi's Events and Catering to any bride.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Samantha B

We had no choice to go with Heidi’s because it was in our package from our venue. I was worried after reading reviews that it was going to be a bad experience. But it was the opposite. We had a plated dinner and passed hors d’oeuvres in our package from our venue. We had Heidi’s... Read More provide our wedding pie (instead of cake), a hot chocolate and coffee bar, and late night snacks. All our food was absolutely delicious the wait staff were polite and tended to our needs perfectly. They made sure that my husband and I got the hors d’oeuvres during our sweetheart photos and also made sure that we got the passed late night snack. The pie table was beautiful and the pies were delicious, I crave our strawberry rhubarb pie. Our hot chocolate and coffee bar was decorated beautifully and was a big hit! Some of our guests commented that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Jillian responded to all of my emails and answered all my questions. She was there on my wedding day to set up our displays and everything looked great. We had a great experience working with these caterers on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Katelyn S

Service was amazing, the staff was so friendly, professional and accommodating. Food was fabulous, from the appetizers to the main course everyone enjoyed it and we had so many guests come up to us raving about the food and how it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. We... Read More were afraid with having 150 guests and having plated meals that the food may get cold before guests received their meal, but that wasn't an issue at all. I definitely recommend Heidi's catering, they have so many options to choose from, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Brittney P

We recently had our wedding at a venue in Sedona, AZ that required some travel time for the caterer and unfortunately, it didn't go as expected. Prior to the event, we had several meetings to discuss our concerns (tipping, wait lines, adequate staff) only to find that on the day... Read More of, all of these became a reality. A majority of the staff present appeared as if they simply didn't want to be there and this was more than evident in their attitude towards the guests and the handling of contractual obligations. Aside from the long wait lines at the serving stations and bar, it took our wedding planner's intervention to ensure champagne was poured and tables were bussed, both obligations of the caterer. With this vendor being the most expensive aspect of the wedding, we were thoroughly disappointed with their performance and would discourage others from considering them on their special day. After the event and numerous conversations with the owner, we were provided a portion of the fees in return for the lack of service. This was a a helpful gesture but if provided the choice, we would have preferred that they simply fulfilled on the promises thus avoiding the situation altogether.

2016-06-21T12:22:44 Response from the vendor

Please be assured that it is never our intention here at HEC to fall short of quality service, food, and presentation since it has kept us going for nearly 25 years now. We really do work very hard at training our people and preparing for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

We contracted Heidis Events and Catering for our daughter's Quinceanera and were extremely pleased with the service and food from Heidi's. The staff was great and very professional and catered to our every need. Our guests loved the food and we were all treated great! Thank you... Read More for helping make our special day memorable!

2016-05-16T13:10:31 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed working with you all as well!! What a lovely family! We hope that we are able to work with you again soon.Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Kristin B

Wow, I cannot say enough good things about Heidi’s Catering! They are a preferred vendor of my wedding venue, and honestly in the beginning I didn’t put a lot of thought into the food. We had a very lovely tasting that Heidi’s puts on monthly with various stations of hors d’... Read More oeuvres and entrees and I narrowed it down to two items I thought were good. On the wedding night itself…Ahmazing! The beef we had ordered was a nice, large slab that had all the gentlemen drooling. The chicken was tender and flavorful. All my guests raved about the meal. To top it off, the service staff was incredible. Special shout out to Jake, who took care of the entire bridal party. Would recommend this company without hesitation for any large event or wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Was recently married in my backyard and fortunately contracted with Heidi's!!! After our first meeting I felt confident that Heidi's would take care of everything - I didn't have to worry. We used several serving stations. The food was outstanding! The service was... Read More impeccable! Thank you Heidi's!!!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Mandy L

Had a great experience with Heidis for catering. Jillian is a huge help and was great with communication! Was able to put together a great menu with several options of what we could do, also put together a great team to have at the venue the day of the ceremony. While prices... Read More may seem high to some, they are very affordable to those who are pulling from their own pocket for the event! Would definitely use them again

2015-10-26T13:06:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! I know we enjoyed planning with you along the way--congratulations to you both!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Heidi’s Catering handled all of the food at my daughter’s wedding in February 2015 at Bella Rose Estates. They did a wonderful job. The meal with a Mexican flair was very good. The hors d’oeuvres; stuffed jalapenos, green chili empanadas and shredded beef burritos were amazing,... Read More so delicious! Rick, was the personal waiter for the bride and groom, as well as the wedding party, he went above and beyond doing a wonderful job. He always made sure they were taken care of. Thank you Rick!

2015-08-24T19:03:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback!! It is always wonderful to hear about another fabulous reception. Congratulations to you and your daughter!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015

Save yourself the frustration of dealing with this company, they were horrible. We had multiple issues the day of our wedding due to some unexpected weather and all of our guests and vendors pitched in to make it go as seamless as possible except Heidi's Catering. In... Read More addition, Heidi's showed up late and they parked their catering truck right in the backdrop of our ceremony location as guests were arriving. Their service to us and our guests of honor was poor, and our guests waited 45 minutes to eat, some finally gave up. When addressing these issues and a few others Heidi replied by blaming anyone and everyone besides her company and telling us that we didn't pay her enough to do certain things. She took ZERO accountability. After looking through other reviews on this site and a couple others it seems this is not a one time occurrence with them. Stay Away!

2015-05-26T12:34:04 Response from the vendor

As one of the Event Specialists that was on site at this wedding, I can say without hesitation that the HEC team worked very hard from start to finish and were quick to do anything they could to provide excellent service in the unfortunate weather... Read Less Read More

Delicious Food, Great Value

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Janet R

I had conceded that our wedding budget would probably allow for a stationed cocktail hour and dinner buffet. Meeting Heidi changed everything. We were able to get server passed hor d'ourves and a plated dinner reception for far less than other caterers we met with. We sampled... Read More everything prior to finalizing our menu and the food Chef prepared was delicious. Our guests commented on the great dinner we served, thanks to Heidi and her staff!

Great Food

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Courtnay Z

For the most part we had a great experience with Heidi's. The food was delish and we are still receiving compliments on it. The staff was very professional and was able to work with the "moving target" that is a wedding timeline. My only disappointment was that my groom and... Read More I were not offered cake when it was being served. With all the excitement of the reception it was easy to forget that we hadn't had any of our cake. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing... except ask to make sure my husband and I got cake :-)

A-MAZING!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren M

Heidi's thorough attention to detail and excellent menu selection allowed for us to have an elegant event, which was at a private home. My planner and I were able to leave the food and bar to Heidi's, which allowed my planner to focus on other pressing matters the day of. We... Read More have received numerous compliments about the entree's and cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres, the serving staff and bartender. The Bride's parents, the Groom's parents and guests left the event remembering the food and overall great energy of my wedding. It was a HUGE success! Thank you, Heidi!

Excellence in all aspects!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Sara L

My wedding went off without a hitch. I was positively thrilled with everything having to do with Heidis’ team. I didn’t have a single thing that I would have changed about my day, her team genuinely seems like a group of amazing individuals. The flowers were put out flawlessly... Read More and table décor looked incredible. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received on how nice the venue looked and how flawless the execution of everything. The food was absolutely scrumptious, all of it. I cannot recommend Heidi highly enough!!!!!!

2014-07-29T15:39:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We do love what we do and this is exactly why...to make your day stress free and an amazing memory!! Congratulations!

Very Disappointed

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Brittany H

I am very disappointed in Heidi's Events. I had spent a VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY with this catering company and less than satisfaction. To start, our tasting was AMAZING...never had such moist chicken and pork...beyond amazing. With that said, we thought the investment was... Read More more than worth it. The owner was kind enough to give me a full discount on the china which helped out a lot on the cost. When it came to the day of the wedding that's when it all went down hill. They arrived on time and started to set up prior to the ceremony. After the ceremony was done, we had a cocktail hour with no food, just drinks. When the reception started the bridal party was held up an extra 20 minutes due to the catering company still trying to get the food out(they had more than enough time to set up during the cocktail hour). Once we had our grand entrance we were able to get our food....and that's when it got really bad. The chicken was COMPLETELY raw, the pork was so tough that you couldn't cut it with a knife and my husband literally choked on it. When it was brought to their attention they called the chef and stated the complaints...the response was "its the veining on the chicken" (yet the chicken was completely pink). After we ate what food we could I was being advised by my guests that the catering company was eating the rest and not packaging it up per our contract. When we had our cake I was also advised that they took the cake back and was eating that up as well (I bought cake for 100 people and only had 70 guests...and left with 0). To end the night I had the staff approach my mom and ask if they could leave early. I had guests at tables using the glasses and drinking the water. They asked to take the glasses and have my guests go up to the bar for bottled water. Not that it was a huge deal, just annoying that I spent so much money and they would ask to leave early. When I emailed the owner with my concerns her response was pretty much nothing went wrong. She made a point to let me know the "details of what happened" even though she wasn't there to witness it. The chef took time to personally call my guests since he knew some of the people to confirm the complaints instead of the bride and groom. The service was very unprofessional and they seemed rather argumentive and offensive when we brought it to their attention. They did credit back a small portion of the food cost due to the raw chicken. As much as I hate to leave a bad review I feel that their service spoke volume...I've never had so many people approach me letting me know how nice my wedding was but how horrible the food was...beyond embarrassing for the price.

Great food and service!

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 Jacklynn H

I loved Heidi's. The food was delicious. We only received great reviews from our guests, and the day of service was spectacular. I live in Tucson, but I got married in Phoenix, and the only complaint I had was from one particular employee who I know was new. I tried not to... Read More hold it against the company as a whole, but she made it difficult at times. Jillian and Heidi are great to work with, and the others are learning. Other than scheduling conflicts and the inability to always work with my schedule, they were great. I loved the food and the tastings. The cutlery was amazing and Heidi is always charming. Very classy establishment and meal.

Staff is great! Jillian and Brandi are amazing~

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 heather m

Overall everything was great not gonna lie Heidi is a little intimidating but she is definatley on her game and knows. The staff was all great! Food was good. The only disappointing thing was the bar service Heidi's hired out the service because of the margarita machine we had... Read More and the bar ran out of WATER of all things and coke! But Brandi our banquet manager did offer to go out and get more.

Wish I had Known......

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 Kimberlea G

As you can see from my star ratings, we were not thoroughly impressed with how Heidi's handled our Wedding catering.The only reason she receives a 4/5 on service is because of her wait-staff- she and her assistant Jillian would receive a 0! As a whole, my guests did not notice... Read More that anything had "gone awry" which was a plus, but there were many things that involved Heidi and her assistant Jillian, that made for a more-than-needed stressful and incomplete atmosphere. I am not one to go into the nitty-gritty details on a forum, but just know that the "pitch" that Heidi will sell you on is not what you end up with- you are merely a dollar sign and that became very evident. If you would like the specific details- contact me, and I will send you the Satisfaction Survey I sent to Heidi after the event. Also, as a side note: at the original meeting, I had expressed that we were going to meet with another catering company the following day and would let Heidi know of our decision. She unprofessionally spoke ill of the other company and said we would be better off with her- "she was really more capable of the type of affair we wanted". Because of this, we cancelled the appointment and booked with Heidi. Looking back, I REALLY wish I would've taken my other appointment- other vendors I chose said that the other caterer does a fantastic job!!

Perfect wedding day

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 p f

Our daughter just got married this June. We had Heidi's Events do our wedding. We could not have been happier. Heidi and her staff were so nice to work with. She gave us suggestions and options we did not think of with the food, decorations and even our own little diy projects.... Read More Our daughter wanted an outdoor reception in our back yard (which made me nervous). Heidi was not intimidated by that at all. She had so many wonderful ideas. It was truly wonderful. I was not stressed or worried the day of the wedding at all. Everything was so organized and under control. Not only was the reception breathtakingly beautiful, the food was awesome. Our guests raved about the bruchetta station. We received so many compliments on the food. Heidi's Events made our daughters wedding day perfect. I do not think we could have asked for anything better. We would not have changed a thing. Our daughters words before she left for her honeymoon were, " it was everything I wanted Mom". I think that says it all!

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Kara F

Heidi's Events and Catering made our dream wedding possible! The day of the event was absolutely flawless. The staff was extremely professional and friendly and the food was delicious! Not only was the day of the event perfect, the planning ahead time was as well. Heidi was... Read More organized and professional, leaving me with no doubts that the day would be picture perfect. My perfect wedding day was made possible with Heidi and her staff! Thank You Heidi’s Events and Catering! - Derek and Kara

Final Service was Fantastic

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Kristin S

I selected Heidi's catering for our destination wedding in Northern AZ for their ability to provide both the food and rentals for the occasion and minimize one more vendor. We still ended up needing a 2nd rental company since Heidi's did not have a self-leveling dance floor.... Read More Luckily, our 2nd rental company was also able to provide additional tables and lighting as well. The booking/reservation process was a bit aggressive for my personal taste. We put together an initial quote about a year before our wedding, but were told we should wait until 10 days before to flush out final details. As we discussed details leading up to the meeting, we were met with vague responses on "we can do it, if it will fit on the truck.." This was a bit unnerving as we needed to confirm for sure and not knowing if it would fit seemed like a necessary requirement to know! Our finalization meeting was also very frustrating. I believe some of the confusion came between the length of time of the initial quote and the finalization. There were times when it seemed Heidi expected us to know that the bartender would not have a cutting board/knife/wine opener or that the buffet did not come with the table. Simple things that we were happy to clarify and pay for, but we had to ask the questions vs. Heidi using her knowledge and recommending what she saw missing. Luckily, the 2nd rental company was able to supplement the missing pieces so that we were assured it would "make it on a truck." However, despite the process, the service at the wedding was IMPECCABLE! The serving staff was quick with the setup and all our guests raved about the food (a tough feat for wedding food that had to be transported or cooked on the spot!) Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome and quality of service, food and rentals we received at the wedding. Just make sure you have a clear outline of every piece of rental equipment you need. I've also seen reviews recommending Drew as a project manager.

Please Dont Use Heidi's

Reviewed on 4/16/2012 Nicole S

They add service fees and this fee and that fee and then the day of the event the event manager demands a tip $600.00 tip when they didnt serve the food or anything. The chicken was to die for everything else was horrible. The lasagna was old and gross. I called with my... Read More complaints and was told the person who set up my catering event was in a meeting and would call me back and over a week later still no call back. I heard from other brides they had some of the same problems. Save your money go some where else.

Heidi was horrible!!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2012 Sarah G

Working with Heidi, the owner of the company, I thought I was getting quality, the best of the best. Unfortunately, that's not how it turned out. Heidi was rude from the get go. My husband wanted to use her, so I just gave in, not thinking it would be THAT bad. After getting... Read More our original quote, we hit a few speed bumps and had to adjust our budget a little. When we went in for our final consultation and to switch our menu, Heidi was ride, pushy, and condescending. The first thing she said to us when we told her we had decided to change the menu a bit was, "Well why? Did you lower your budget or something?" The tone in her voice and look on her face made me feel two feet tall, that it was so horrible that we had to readjust. Mind you, it was just a couple of hundred dollars. But even so, not her place to judge. She continued on to tell us how awful things were going to look if we didn't rent this and that and if we chose this food. We could tell all she cared about was squeezing more money out of us. In the end, we didn't save any money at all and she got her way. The day of the wedding, the food was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen or tasted. It was horrible. I have never been so disappointed or mortified in my life.