Heinz History Center

Pittsburgh, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE |

Unique. Memorable. Always Historical!

Begin your history together here, in a museum designed to honor extraordinary Pittsburghers, in rooms created to hold special memories. Our central location, imaginative, professional staff, competitive rates and Common Plea Catering are just a few of the reasons to consider the Heinz History Cente

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Museum, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

1212 Smallman Street, Pittsburgh, PA

Awesome venue for wedding reception

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Cassandra E

The History Center was our first and only choice. The staff at both the History Center and Common Plea were amazing. They were incredibly helpful, patient, and thorough when answering my many questions throughout the process. Our wedding reception was perfect, and – best of... Read More all – they are so organized that we had nothing to worry about all night (except having fun)! All our guests enjoyed the unique venue as well!!

Heinz History Center was amazing...

Reviewed on 2/24/2013 Melinda W

My experience at the Heinz History Center for my reception was truly amazing. The event staff were always very helpful and dedicated to my event and always available to answer any questions. I planned the wedding from out of town and the even staff at the History Center was... Read More very accommodating to meet with, even coming in on weekends and early mornings to make time for us. They made the reception run so smoothly and I had nothing to worry about the entire night.

Great reception venue!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Adrienne I

The Heinz History Center was our first choice for reception venue, and we never regretted it. Maura (the events director) was on top of everything and we didn't have to worry about a single detail. Highly recommended!

the BEST venue and staff!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Jennine W

Our wedding was in October 2015 and we had been planning it for approximately 14 months. From the beginning, the staff at Heinz History was so helpful, kind, and caring - especially Maura and Ashley, our coordinators! The venue is beautiful, but to be honest, the staff is one of... Read More the primary reasons we chose the place. The planning process was so smooth, everyone was always available and easy to reach, and the day turned out perfect. From the floor plan, to the table set up, to working with our other vendors...everything was just as we had hoped. Maura made us feel so special and at ease the day of our wedding, she took care of everything and then some, going out of her way above and beyond. I HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride or groom - we are so happy with our decision and wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Susan B

We loved the History Center for our reception! It was amazing. We got to work with Cara for our wedding and she was the best! Patient, kind, helpful...all you need in a wedding coordinator. She made me feel reassured and the day went smoothly because of her! We had our reception... Read More on the 5th floor and it was perfect! We had the balcony and all of the vendors we picked for the wedding made the room perfect! Thanks to Cara and her team at the Heinz History Center!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Jenny C

We could not have been happier with our wedding reception at the Heinz History Center. My husband and I booked the Mueller Room (Fifth Floor) because of its size, large open space, ton of natural light, and outdoor balcony. However, the icing on the cake was working with Cara... Read More and Maura as well as their team. Cara and Maura were very accommodating leading up to the wedding, answering any e-mails or phone calls, even when they were not on duty. When we dropped everything off the day before the wedding, both Cara and Maura were there and couldn't be more relaxed and excited for us, which, in turn, made us extremely relaxed and assured that all of our plans were in good hands. The wedding day logistics were great; we were blown away at how the HHC team transformed a blank canvas into a reception that was better than anything we had in our heads. We keep hearing from attendees at how beautiful the space was and how smoothly everything was run. We could not have done that without Cara and Maura! My husband and I would highly recommend the History Center for any formal event.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 1/17/2015 Christie S

Cara and her team made us feel extremely comfortable during the whole planning of our wedding. She made everything so easy for us. We absolutely loved our wedding there and would highly recommend them!

Dream Venue for a Classy & Unique Pittsburgh Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Randi M

We could not have been happier with the Heinz History Center as our wedding venue!! Because we wanted the true Pittsburgh feel for our many out-of-town guests when selecting a venue for both our ceremony and reception, the Heinz History Center was a perfect fit! We utilized... Read More much of the space in the venue for our event with the ceremony and cocktail both on the first floor (our guests thought it was such a unique space and you can transform it to meet your ceremony needs) and our wedding in the Mueller Center. We also took pictures in the sports museum with all of the Pittsburgh fans waving their terrible towels;-) Because the Mueller center is a blank slate (with a beautiful Pittsburgh view), we were able to transform the space into the wedding of our dreams! The preferred Caterer, Common Plea, was amazing!! They were wonderful to work with (a true partnership) and we continue to hear feedback about how great the food was. Both Martin & Denise are fantastic!! Cara was excellent to work with! She was extremely responsive and committed to making our wedding exactly what we wanted. I appreciate working with her and would highly recommend partnering with her early on (and getting a commitment that she would be the person you work with and will be available the evening of your event). We couldn't be happier that we chose HHC for our wedding! Having such a unique venue, great location, hotel directly across the street, and excellent food created a beautiful evening that we AND our guests will never forget!

Gorgeous venue but difficult on the day

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Taylor C

We fell in love with the Heinz History Center as a venue for our wedding right away and the price didn't seem so bad because we were supporting the museum as well as getting a really unique space. We used the Great Hall for both our ceremony and reception and the 4th floor... Read More gallery for cocktail hour. All of our meetings leading up to the day were great and we felt really comfortable. The required caterer, Common Plea, however, is ridiculously overpriced and difficult to deal with. We chose to take an exemption and go with an outside vendor because we wanted a fully vegetarian menu. This proved to be much more of a problem than we were lead to believe. The ceremony and reception were set up beautifully (though the lights pointing at the altar were sun-bright and extremely hot) and our guests were treated very well. At the end of the night, however, the event planner at Heinz pretty much flipped out on my parents about a problem with the caterer and my dad ended up cleaning up most of the hall by himself once everyone had left. It's too bad because the History Center itself is lovely and the event crew chief, Eric Picard, was so nice, but I would caution anyone who was considering this venue. Especially if you're thinking of doing something different than what they're used to. B-

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Molly A

This was a gorgeous venue! Mara, the event planner at the site, was incredibly helpful. I'd highly recommend it

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 stacey s

The coordinator Lori was great to work with, they followed ALL of my instructions to the T. Everything was set up just the way I wanted it.It was beautiful!My guests loved the unique location, touring the museum before cocktail hour began was something that everyone loved.

Most Amazing

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Erica S

The History Center could not be any better. I loved it soo much and Maura the coordinate did everything I asked and way more. Everything was easy and all I had to do was drop my items off the day before and they put it all together for me! I would recommend the history center to... Read More anyone!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Hope S

We had a wonderful time at the 5th floor Muller Center. All of our guests loved the setup & the balcony.