Heinz History Center

Pittsburgh, PA

Capacity: Up to 350 | WEBSITE |

Unique. Memorable. Always Historical!

Begin your history together here, in a museum designed to honor extraordinary Pittsburghers, in rooms created to hold special memories. Our central location, imaginative, professional staff, competitive rates and Common Plea Catering are just a few of the reasons to consider the Heinz History Center

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$$ - Moderate

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Museum/Gallery, Unusual/Alternative

Awesome venue for wedding reception

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Cassandra E

The History Center was our first and only choice. The staff at both the History Center and Common Plea were amazing. They were incredibly helpful, patient, and thorough when answering my many questions throughout the process. Our wedding reception was perfect, and – best of all – they are so organized that we had nothing to worry about all night (except having fun)! All our guests enjoyed the unique venue as well!!

Heinz History Center was amazing...

Reviewed on 2/24/2013 Melinda W

My experience at the Heinz History Center for my reception was truly amazing. The event staff were always very helpful and dedicated to my event and always available to answer any questions. I planned the wedding from out of town and the even staff at the History Center was very accommodating to meet with, even coming in on weekends and early mornings to make time for us. They made the reception run so smoothly and I had nothing to worry about the entire night.

Great reception venue!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Adrienne I

The Heinz History Center was our first choice for reception venue, and we never regretted it. Maura (the events director) was on top of everything and we didn't have to worry about a single detail. Highly recommended!

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 1/17/2015 Christie S

Cara and her team made us feel extremely comfortable during the whole planning of our wedding. She made everything so easy for us. We absolutely loved our wedding there and would highly recommend them!

Dream Venue for a Classy & Unique Pittsburgh Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Randi M

We could not have been happier with the Heinz History Center as our wedding venue!! Because we wanted the true Pittsburgh feel for our many out-of-town guests when selecting a venue for both our ceremony and reception, the Heinz History Center was a perfect fit! We utilized much of the space in the venue for our event with the ceremony and cocktail both on the first floor (our guests thought it was such a unique space and you can transform it to meet your ceremony needs) and our wedding in the Mueller Center. We also took pictures in the sports museum with all of the Pittsburgh fans waving their terrible towels;-) Because the Mueller center is a blank slate (with a beautiful Pittsburgh view), we were able to transform the space into the wedding of our dreams! The preferred Caterer, Common Plea, was amazing!! They were wonderful to work with (a true partnership) and we continue to hear feedback about how great the food was. Both Martin & Denise are fantastic!! Cara was excellent to work with! She was extremely responsive and committed to making our wedding exactly what we wanted. I appreciate working with her and would highly recommend partnering with her early on (and getting a commitment that she would be the person you work with and will be available the evening of your event). We couldn't be happier that we chose HHC for our wedding! Having such a unique venue, great location, hotel directly across the street, and excellent food created a beautiful evening that we AND our guests will never forget!

Gorgeous venue but difficult on the day

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Taylor C

We fell in love with the Heinz History Center as a venue for our wedding right away and the price didn't seem so bad because we were supporting the museum as well as getting a really unique space. We used the Great Hall for both our ceremony and reception and the 4th floor gallery for cocktail hour. All of our meetings leading up to the day were great and we felt really comfortable. The required caterer, Common Plea, however, is ridiculously overpriced and difficult to deal with. We chose to take an exemption and go with an outside vendor because we wanted a fully vegetarian menu. This proved to be much more of a problem than we were lead to believe. The ceremony and reception were set up beautifully (though the lights pointing at the altar were sun-bright and extremely hot) and our guests were treated very well. At the end of the night, however, the event planner at Heinz pretty much flipped out on my parents about a problem with the caterer and my dad ended up cleaning up most of the hall by himself once everyone had left. It's too bad because the History Center itself is lovely and the event crew chief, Eric Picard, was so nice, but I would caution anyone who was considering this venue. Especially if you're thinking of doing something different than what they're used to. B-

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Molly A

This was a gorgeous venue! Mara, the event planner at the site, was incredibly helpful. I'd highly recommend it

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 stacey s

The coordinator Lori was great to work with, they followed ALL of my instructions to the T. Everything was set up just the way I wanted it.It was beautiful!My guests loved the unique location, touring the museum before cocktail hour began was something that everyone loved.

Most Amazing

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Erica S

The History Center could not be any better. I loved it soo much and Maura the coordinate did everything I asked and way more. Everything was easy and all I had to do was drop my items off the day before and they put it all together for me! I would recommend the history center to anyone!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Hope S

We had a wonderful time at the 5th floor Muller Center. All of our guests loved the setup & the balcony.

TO Heinz History Center