Herban Feast's Sodo Park & The Foundry

Seattle, WA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Herban Feast's Sodo Park & The Foundry

A BALLROOM IN SEATTLE, WA

Herban Feast offers distinctive venues for private events. Two indoor venues, Sodo Park and The Foundry, located in Seattle, Washington, offer upscale amenities and exemplary service. Brides and grooms looking for a wedding location with unsurpassed sophistication and graceful charm need look no further than these Herban Feast venues.

Sodo Park. Set in the center of the Seattle historic SoDo district, Sodo Park succeeds in hitting the urban chic style head on. What was once a vintage factory has been repurposed into a modish event space complete with vaulted ceilings and exposed millwork. You can do it all here from exchanging vows to dining to dancing the night away. This vast venue will accommodate up to 450 guests for a cocktail reception and 325 guests for a seated dinner.

The Foundry. Sodo Park's sister venue, the Foundry, is also a repurposed industrial building. Eclectic colors and minimalist designs set the stage for an amazingly contemporary venue. The Foundry is a full-scope event space that will move from ceremony to reception with ease. A gas fireplace and floating waterfall provide modern points of interest. This space will accommodate up to 500 guests for a cocktail reception and 200 guests for a seated function.

The event staff with Herban Feast provide an all-inclusive type of wedding service that allows you to sit back and attend your wedding as a guest of honor. The major services are all included with your rental of Sodo Park or The Foundry.

All furniture and equipment are provided by the venue, including chairs, tables and accessories. The event team will help you design the layout and then they will make it happen in the space. You also have all linens, china, glassware and cutlery for your table settings.

Sodo Park features a private bridal loft for the wedding party on the day of the event. The Foundry also has a bridal room available for you to use. Both venues are WiFi connected and ADA compliant. Free parking is available in nearby lots for both sites.

Herban Feast is in charge of all catering for these venues. This innovative culinary team specializes in creating distinctively fresh menus that rely on local ingredients whenever possible. The team will consult with you to help you devise precisely the menu you wish and they promise that it will be exciting. You can count on an array of unexpected elements and flavors. If you have special dietary restrictions or desires, the team will work to accommodate you. Choose a variety of hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail reception. The main meal could be family style, buffet or plated. Another option is the "moveable feast" presentation with chefs attending roving carts to interact with your guests.

Herban Feast also provides full bar and beverage service. Choose from cash and consumption bars to provide beverages to your guests. The bars stock delightful local brands of wine and beer. Mixologists are also adept at creating designer cocktails.

The combination of sophisticated venues and professional event coordinators make Herban Feast an easy choice for many couples. Whether you celebrate at Sodo Park or The Foundry, you can enhance your wedding day celebration with select additions to your package.

• Request additional audiovisual equipment, such as staging and microphones
  • Can arrange valet and coat check service
  • Add floral service to your package

Award-Winning Seattle Venues with Historical Charm

Herban Feast’s award-winning event venues provide distinctive options and convenient urban locations for hosting weddings, receptions, and rehearsal dinners of all sizes. Featuring historical architectural features such as exposed beams, high ceilings, unique features, and contemporary touches, both venues are served by Herban Feast’s renowned catering services and floral styling and event design by the Herban Design Studio.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

3200 1st Avenue South, Seattle, WA (206) 932-4717

Love!

Reviewed on 9/09/2011 Kathryn M

I love Sodo Park and Herban Feast! They helped make my wedding absolutely flawless and to this day people still talk about how AMAZING the food was. This is a full service operation. You won't be disappointed. They are so flexible and accommodating - these people know weddings.... Read More The whole day went by without a hiccup and I am so thankful I chose to have our wedding there. Thank you Sodo Park! Unbelievable food and amazing staff.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Gillian S

Beautiful venue, helpful staff, AMAZING food, a good place to have a party. We planned our wedding for a little over a year from a distance, and they were very accommodating and on the ball for organization. It was the perfect place for us to celebrate our wedding - wouldn't... Read More change a single thing!

Herban Feast, wow!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Danielle A

Having our wedding at Herban Feast was one of the best decisions we made. Not only is the space absolutely gorgeous- the staff is terrific to work with. On the day of, everything went absolutely seamlessly. We got lots of compliments on the food, the space, and guests felt like... Read More they were truly taken care of. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Megan G

Since long before I was even engaged, I’ve known I wanted to get married at Sodo Park. It has such a unique look and a thoroughly Seattle vibe that perfectly fit the aesthetic I was going for. On top of that, everyone at Herban Feast was great to work with- from Matt, who... Read More coordinated our initial tour and booking, to Taylor, our planner and point person as we made decisions along the way, to Amy and James who ran the show day-of: everyone was warm, helpful, and made things easy and fun. I wouldn’t change a thing about the decision we made to get married at Sodo Park. And the food was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Sara H

Darby and the rest of the Herban Feast crew at the Foundry were amazing to work with. She was quick to respond, super helpful in answering questions, and willing to work with us to customize our menu to exactly what we wanted. The wedding went off without a hitch and we... Read More couldn't have been more pleased with the dramatic barn door entrance, beautiful setting, and delicious food! Our signature cocktails and the stunning drink tree were showstoppers that all our guests complimented us on. It was the best we could've hoped for!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Catherine S

Simply amazing! A beautiful rustic yet elegent venue, with great service, clear pricing, and wonderful food. My guests are still raving that it was the best wedding meal that they have ever had. The venue is so unique that it is stunning, even without a whole lot of flowers and... Read More other decoration. I can't recommend them highly enough. Go see the venue, and if it fits you at all, do it! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Lena D

Sodo Park truly was such a magical place to get married. I’m beyond impressed with the space, staff, food and overall service. I’m so happy that I had my ceremony and reception at Sodo Park (June 2017 wedding, 170 guests). I had the distinct pleasure of working with Taylor Dumas... Read More – if you are lucky enough to have her as your Event Services Coordinator your wedding is guaranteed to be perfect. We were beyond impressed with her, she is so organized, thoughtful and overall incredible at her job. I couldn’t have had my day without her. Overall, my entire experience from start to finish was incredible and all our guests we super impressed. The space itself is stunning and we had comments that the food is the best anyone had ever had at a wedding. Would highly recommend Sodo Park (especially Taylor) as a wedding venue, I’m so so happy that I had my wedding there.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Stephanie N

Herban Feast-Sodo Park made all of my wedding dreams come to life! I could not have dreamt of a more perfect wedding day! Not only is the venue GORGEOUS, the staff all went out of their way to make sure every little detail was taken care of for us, and the food was A-MAZ-ING!!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Kristy F

We just had our wedding last night 7.1.17 and we have loved working with everyone at SoDo Park from the beginning. Rosalyn was our venue coordinator and she was incredibly helpful and responsive, willing to answer any of our questions and help with everything we needed. The... Read More venue was absolutely beautiful, the wait staff were wonderful and our guests even commented on how nice they were, the food was delicious and we can't recommend them highly enough. We also went with their Herban Bloom and Design for flowers and décor and they did such a beautiful job. Our flowers were so fresh, color combinations perfect and so well organized!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017

A few weeks ago we held our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at Sodo Park. We had about 170 guests attending from all over the country. The venue was very hip and beautifully appointed with draping and little Italian lights for that added class and sparkle. However,... Read More our food service experience was not consistent with the $200+ cost per person we paid. We had expected the food to be served hot or at least very warm. It was neither. The roasted vegetables were served cold, and I mean "refrigerator" cold. At first, I thought I made an error ordering the side dish, but later found out the vegetables were supposed to be served hot. The timing of the food service was off. A half hour lapsed between the time the salad was served and the platters of food were placed on the tables. The guests were getting a bit anxious.l In addition, many of our guests complained about the long lines at the bar, since the mix drinks were rather "lite", and they had to continually go back to the bar for refills. Having said all this, we would recommend the venue. However, we would strongly recommend having Herban Feast (the caterer) assign someone on-site responsible for quality control and insuring that the food and service were nothing short of excellent. As parents of the bride, we did not expect to have to go to the kitchen in search of someone to help resolve theses issues.

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Kristine K

We had our reception at The Foundry on 2/25/17. We did a buffet and had about 125 guests. The Foundry has many options for floorplan as it has different rooms you can utilize and rent. It's a wonderful mix of urban contemporary and rustic - so it was the perfect fit for me... Read More (contemporary) and my husband (rustic). Best part of all - the staff! Danae and Ayisha are absolutely amazing - low pressure, very kind and easy to get along with, sweet, patient, knowledgeable and responsive. The wait staff/servers/bartenders that served the night of our reception were amazing . Very attentive, cordial, professional, observant and helpful. Food was deeee-lish! We did a chose the beef and halibut and the parmesan mashed potatoes. Big hits!

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Jillian K

The venue was gorgeous and perfect for our wedding. Huge lofted ceilings, exposed wood beams. They offer a lot of options of ways to dress it up or down, such as draping and extras from the design studio located there. It's owned by Herban Feast catering company, so you have to... Read More use their catering, however, it was absolutely delicious. We got so many compliments on how fantastic the food was. Pros: lots of options to decorate, food was delicious, receptions and ceremony in one place with an easy turnover, staff was wonderful to work with Cons: definitely a little on the more expensive side, but cost can vary greatly depending on extras you rent, decoration (draping), and menu for the reception

Great space, food, people

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Mari S

We used Herban Feast's Sodo Park venue for our wedding on November 8, 2014. The Seattle location was key, as we wanted something in the city. Also vital was capacity; we had 225 guests. Lastly, good food was another priority and having tried their food previously, it was a... Read More no-brainer. The space is great - wood beams, a restored factory, and smaller lounge areas make this ideal for hosting guests of all ages. The staff at Sodo Park were great from planning to day-of staff. They make it easy and fun! Sodo Park and Herban Feast is a great way to go if you want a fun event that requires little coordination on your part. I did a lot of the decor and personalized pieces, but did not want to worry about food, linens, tables, flatware, etc., so having them handle those logistics let us truly enjoy the night!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Elizabeth B

Definitely the best in Seattle!! Their food is delicious--we got so many compliments from our guests. They were also so helpful, flexible, and easy to work with. At the beginning of our planning process, I contacted a ton of local caterers and they were not only pretty much the... Read More only ones who responded promptly but also so much more personalized than the other vendors. Highly recommended!!

AMAZING July 20th Wedding

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Jenna C

Our wedding at SODO was practically perfect. Matt Tamayo was our venue coordinator and Laura Gram was our day of coordinator (who I would also recommend if you're having a wedding here). The Good: There was a TON of good. Too much I think to post here. We had a lot of... Read More questions as we did not have a wedding planner, so it was very much a DIY when it came to planning. They answered all our questions and let us bring in our own decor and offered up some of their decor items as well. All of their stock is beautiful (chairs, tables, etc). The space doesn't need that much help in terms of decorations - its stunning already. Our guests commented on these three things: the food was beyond amazing, the caterers and bartenders were super friendly, and it looked phenomenal. They were right on all three accounts. The "Bad": Well this place was a little pricy, although really thats not unusual for such a grand wedding venue. When they hit our "specialty cocktail" limit (of 150), they pulled me aside and said they had all the ingredients to make more and asked if I wanted to purchase more... now I would think that if they over estimate how much ingredients they needed, then they should just have made the cocktails until THAT ran out, no? Well, I didn't buy more, but I did ask if I could keep getting them for free and they said yes (Bride trumps all :-) ) Our vegetarians had a plated meal, but whoever was in charge of serving them dropped the ball - I had to check in with them to make sure that they got served. OVERALL: Amazing. Beautiful. Delicious. Worth it.

Consistently exceeded expectations

Reviewed on 3/19/2014 Sean G

We got married at Sodo Park on a cold day in February. The whole weekend was tense because icy weather on the East Coast caused many guests to be delayed, and from the time I arrived at Sodo Park and went to the wedding staging area upstairs I could feel the pressure. Luckily... Read More we had James taking care of us. He was like our own personal Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction-- going out of his way to make sure that we had everything we needed and were comfortable. Gradually, the tension due to outside circumstances subsided and we could focus on the wedding, which was exactly what we needed. The rest of the night was a whirlwind, but throughout, James made sure that we stayed on schedule and hit our marks. I thought it was an isolated case of exceptional service, but I kept hearing from guests throughout the night how great the other people on the staff were and how they had exactly the same experience even though it wasn't their wedding. In the end it was a perfect night--not because we were able to check off all of the requests we had made prior to it, but because of all requests that were met on the spot that we had never anticipated.

responsive & upfront

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Whitney X

Sent a message to Herban Feast with limited information (guest size) and asked for a general quote when I was comparing local venues for on-site ceremony + reception. Owner BJ responded right away with the relevant information. Much appreciated.

They live up to the hype!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013

My wedding was last week on the steamship Virginia V, and I have to say that everything about Herban Feast's service was outstanding. The food was beautiful, unique, fresh and so flavorful; and through some unimaginable wizardry, didn't seem at all diminished by the last-minute... Read More two-hour delay in the sailing of the ship (and therefore serving timeline). While I am certain the lengthy delay was very stressful for the crew, they didn't show it at all. They were perfectly attentive, gracious, and yet unobtrusive. My glass was never empty with a variety of drinks, and the crew captain was always handy with updates and consultations. I received a TON of compliments from my guests about the food, and heard that many went back for seconds (we had the strawberry brie bites, crab cakes, and a buffet with the market salad, salmon, beef loin, gnocchi, and roasted vegetables). Finally - in addition to composed appetizers and dinner plates - we got two 'composed' boxes of leftovers to take home (which was perfect, because it was hard to relax and focus enough to properly enjoy the meal during the wedding)! I chose Herban Feast because they were so highly rated, and I wanted great food and service that I didn't have to worry about. Their service was not inexpensive, but absolutely worth every penny. Bravo!

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Lindsey S

Sodo Park is amazing. Our wedding was everything we could ask for and much of it has to do with the venue. You pay for what you get here and its quite expensive. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want. Matt our coordinator was the best part of the process, he was kind &... Read More professional. My only suggestion would be to have your contact person there the day of your wedding. Some wires got crossed on ours and I think that would have been avoided if the coordinator was there. All in all, amazing venue!

An absolute dream come true

Reviewed on 11/09/2012 Lauren M

From the second I walked into Sodo Park, I knew this was the place I wanted to get married. The majestic ceilings, rustic beams and overall warm and inviting ambience was exactly the look and feel my husband and I wanted for our wedding. And, to boot -- the food is amazing! Not... Read More to mention their unbeatable beer and wine bar package...we were so lucky to share Sodo Park with our friends and family, who were so impressed by the space and the absolute professionalism of their staff. I could really go on forever. If you are even pondering having your wedding here, I promise it will be the best (and most relieving) decision you'll make in all your wedding planning!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Tanya B

Not only is Sodo Park absolutely BEAUTIFUL, the food that Herban Feast serves is AMAZING! The venue itself is simple and gorgeous, yet with little touches can be transformed into anything! Everyone in the venue is so friendly and accommodating. I wish I could relive my... Read More special day because it was everything I wanted and more!

Magical Venue

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Lindsay V

This place is absolutely full service. If you are like me and want fewer moving parts and serious wow factor, this is the place for you. Yes, it's expensive. Like, new car expensive. But it is worth it to have everything in one amazing venue. We did our pictures, ceremony,... Read More cocktail hour, and reception there. The night was an AMAZING success. The food was delicious, the drinks were plentiful, the transitions were quick and painless, and the staff was present but almost invisible. Everything that I wanted to happen that night did. They assign an event coordinator to your wedding who is there to answer every question you have, and as a bride, there are a LOT of questions. We worked with Kristen and she was fantastic; she answered questions thoroughly, had helpful advice (when we asked for it), and problem solved some tricky situations. She talked me off the ledge several times. I had never seen the space set up for a reception before, only corporate events and preset for wedding ceremonies, but when I walked in the door being announced as Mrs., it was pure MAGIC. The venue looked like the perfect blend of rustic and funky, modern and traditional. It was breathtaking. I really can't say enough amazing things about the venue and the exceptional care and attention to detail they put into our event. The only hitches we had were about the alcohol menu. This changes frequently and we found out only a week before our event that the specialty cocktail that we wanted (a John Daly: sweet tea vodka and lemonade) was going to be $5.50 a drink instead of the original $4 a drink. This was quite disheartening. We also were very excited about one of the wine options then found out later that it was unavailable, which was awful because it is our favorite wine as a family that we drink at all holidays, etc. (La Crema Chardonnay...yum). Eventually they found 3 cases of it for us at no additional charge (after I let them know how important it was to us). Overall, I was thrilled with the venue and as the night went on they took such good care of us. There was one server who was in charge of our sweetheart table (just the two of us) and she kept our plates warm while we were socializing, she let us know when events were about to happen, she kept our glasses full of water and wine all night, etc. The bartenders were FANTASTIC and made everyone feel welcome and my guests could not stop talking about the venue and the food. It was amazing! Overall, I'm THRILLED with the service, value, and level of personal care and attention we received. I loved the venue and would recommended it as highly as possible if your budget allows for it.

Delicious

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Nicole T

I could not have been happier with my experience at Herban Feast. The food was truely amazing. I got so many complements on all the food.

Awesome food, great service

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Kelly B

Herban Feast creates awesome, beautiful food. We hit up their Fresh Bistro in West Seattle before making our caterer decision, and it was an easy decision after that. Everything is delicious, well thought-out, and fun and creative. They were willing to try to make anything we... Read More were interested in, which we did not find with other caterers we talked to. We hardly tasted half the food at our wedding, but the servers were awesome and made sure we had something to eat and drink the entire night. They also set up our cupcakes, which were from Cupcake Royale, which saved us on setup costs, and allowed us to provide the alcohol so we could buy from Costco. The cost per head that I marked here includes all of our rentals (linens, chairs and a few tables) and service fees & taxes, and I have to admit I am having some post-wedding sticker shock - $122 per guest! Cost of food & bevarages alone were $57 per guest. We served a mixture of tray-passed and station appetizers, with enough food to serve as dinner. We did feel that we truly got what we paid for - our coordinator met with us several times for site visits and a free tasting session, and even brought our event lead for the second site visit to go over the details. My one complaint might be that our coordinator did not give us enough guidance on how much food to provide. We ended up with TONS of leftovers, which they did give to us at the end of the night, but I still felt like I spent a lot more than I needed to and my sister-in-law and I spent a lot of time on my wedding night after the reception packing up food when I would have preferred to spend time partying with friends & family. Overall though, I have no regrets and would highly recommend Herban Feast to any bride & groom.

Awesome, Perfect, Low stress!

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Jessica M

We used Herban feast for our August wedding and they were fantastic! The owner BJ was very professional and worked with us to meet our price points and the lead on our event , Mary, took care of every detail. They did a great job with presentation (food and tables), everything... Read More looked beautiful, and the food was great. Lots of my guest commented on how good the food was. Most importantly, they were very low stress- once I explained what I wanted, Mary took care of everything... and made it better than what I was expecting. I would highly recommend Herban feast- they may be a little more $ (although I didn't find that they really were, and we also did family style which was a little more $), but it is really worth it to know that you are getting good service and good food. My only negative comment was that they recommended our DJ (sounds unlimited) who weren't great... but that didn't impact my wonderful experience with Herban feast!