Hightower Falls

Cedartown, GA

Do you love waterfalls and stone ruins?

Get married under the falls at our 'elegant rustic' hideaway! Hightower Falls is situated in a park-like setting on 100 acres that will suit all of your event needs. The 80-foot cascading waterfall and stone gristmill ruins are tucked away in the north Georgia hills.

Barn, Waterfront, Castle, Garden, Historic Venue, Park

Destination Wedding Packages, Planning

771 Hightower Rd, Cedartown, GA (770) 748-8588

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Nathan K

This place is amazing! Elizabeth and her team are amazing and went over the top for us. Even last minute changes they nailed no problems. This is THE best place in ALL of Georgia to have a wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Angela M

Hightower falls is the most beautiful wedding venue for an affordable price. The venue provides all the decorations you need for both the ceremony and reception. You won't regret having your wedding here! And the owner is extremely responsive to all questions and needs.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Denise H

As a waterfall addict I knew as soon as I learned about Hightower Falls that this was the perfect venue for our Fall wedding! It's private and tranquil with the most beautiful scenery. There are few other venues where you can get married with a waterfall as a backdrop that don't... Read More involve your guests having to hike. Everyone was so impressed with the waterfall, grist mill and Coosa Hall, and I can't say enough positive things about this venue's staff. Elizabeth was amazing to work with leading up to the wedding. She was always so quick to respond and answer all of my questions. Victoria and Savannah made sure everything went so smoothly and perfect on the day of the wedding. They were so friendly, helpful, easy to work with and made sure I didn't have to stress about a thing that day. I highly recommend this venue for weddings and any kind of event!

Reviewed on 4/10/2018 Sarah B

We had such an amazing wedding at Hightower Falls! Our family and friends really enjoyed themselves. Working with Elizabeth and Victoria made everything so easy. We highly recommend staying at the small cabins onsite.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Tera R

Hightower Falls was beautiful and perfect for our wedding. We had a same-sex marriage, both of us being women, and the venue had no problem with it. Our guests loved the waterfall and grist mill! The package that included DJ, caterer, and flowers was perfect for us, and we... Read More couldn't have asked for better. Elizabeth and the day-of coordinators were fantastic with helping me through the planning process and there was hardly any stress the day of. I would definitely recommend Hightower Falls to anyone wanting a perfect outdoor wedding.! <3

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Ariel S

Wow! What a dream come true. My wedding was on October 21st at Hightower Falls. This place truly feels like you are in a fairly tale. The scenery of Hightower Falls is absolutely breath taking. My ceremony was held on the Gristmill Lawn. Not only did I love this venue, my... Read More friends and family all said this was a neat and beautiful place. The grist mill adds a great a great historical feature. The waterfall speaks for itself- magical. I also held my reception within Coosa Hall. This is the perfect rustic setting that is already beautifully decorated with a homey ambiance. Elizabeth was extremity helpful in this planning process and always quick to respond to any of my questions. Victoria, my day of coordinator, was a huge help as well, as she made my day flow without any stress. I highly recommend this venue. It will hold a special place in our hearts forever.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding here. The staff were wonderful and attentive. The falls and grist mill make a beautiful backdrop for a wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lisa L

Attended wedding as a guest at Hightower Falls. It is a beautiful location with natural scenery that made the big day just perfect.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Catherine M

Beautiful wedding venue. The falls add a wonderful back drop for pictures. Old mill on the site is great for pictures also.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Mandy C

Gorgeous venue and such awesome people to work with!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Hope S

We and our guests had an amazing time. It was more than the perfect. The weather was unfortunate but moving the ceremony to the reception area went smoothly and was just as beautiful. The cottage was a relaxing place, for everyone who needed it, to get ready. We also stayed in... Read More the cabins after. It was a very cozy place for a few friends to wind down after such an eventful day. Thank you Elizabeth for everything. Your staff did everything they could to help out. I highly recommend anyone wanting an extravagantly beautiful venue that feels like home to choose Hightower Falls.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Brandy B

We had an amazing wedding at Hightower Falls! It was extremely hot for all of the wedding but was also forecasted to rain- the staff kept up with the weather alerts and we were able to have a perfect ceremony before the rain hit! My mom was very thankful to the staff for helping... Read More her setup her many decorations and all of the guests loved the venue! There are so many beautiful spots for pictures and my wedding party stayed in the cabins overnight and it was absolutely perfect. The ONLY thing I would keep in mind is that the barn is not air conditioned and in our case it was very VERY hot- but that is the price you pay to have a beautiful outdoor waterfall wedding and I would do it all over again :)

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Camille T

This place is fantastic. Elizabeth is a gracious and informative host as she shows you the venue that feels like you stepped into someplace from a different time entirely. The day of coordinator was an excellent addition to ensure our day ran smoothly and on time. We got rained... Read More out and she very efficiently orchestrated a ceremony to be held in the reception hall. The staff are friendly, informative and efficient. Wonderful people!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Heidi A

Hightower Falls is an absolutely beautiful place to get married but I didn't not have a good experience with the staff. I paid $3500 for 7 strict hours. When I arrived at the venue at 2:30 pm, the ceremony site was not set up. We had to wait 45 minutes for the staff to set up... Read More the site which put us all behind and stressed. The staff was also not friendly to my family and were very unprofessional. At the end of the night, the staff started cleaning up my decorations at 8:00 pm when I had until 8:30 pm to start cleaning. I was not happy at all with the service and should of asked for some of money back being that they wasted an 1 and 15 minutes of my paid time.

2016-10-24T12:17:43 Response from the vendor

Heidi, I am sorry to hear that you were not happy. What is disappointing is that this is the first we have heard about any concerns you had. Nothing was shared directly to us even though you and I spoke numerous times both on the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 April P

We knew as soon as we stepped onto Hightower's property that they would be our wedding venue. It's a beautiful piece of Heaven. Elizabeth worked hand in hand with us to make sure every detail was prepared. She was so gracious and accommodating every step of the way. We had... Read More our wedding in August and everything about it was beautiful. The only down fall was how hot it was. It helped a lot having water and fans for our guests and the breeze from the waterfall does help tremendously. They offer two reception halls (one with AC and another without) we had to pick the biggest one to accommodate our wedding of 200 and it did not have AC. It is open but was still hot during this time. Victoria was our day of contact for the wedding and she couldn't have been nicer and definitely went the extra mile to help make every moment beautiful. We definitely had our wedding on a budget and couldn't believe we could afford this beautiful escape. It was a drive for all our guests, but not one person complained after they saw how beautiful it was. It was a great time had by all. We are so grateful for the Hightower Falls team.

Reviewed on 12/27/2015

We loved our wedding at Hightower Falls! From the beautiful outdoor scenery to the rustic reception hall, it was perfect! Elizabeth was very pleasant to work with from the time we booked it until the wedding day :) They really went above and beyond to make sure everything was... Read More setup correctly and that the wedding day went smoothly! You have to see this place in person-- it is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Becca

Elizabeth was very sweet and pleasant to work with. I loved this venue so much and so did all the guests! We had about 130 guests and it fit us all very well with room for more. There were so many photo opportunities on this property! My husband and I could not have imagined a... Read More more beautiful wedding :)

Reviewed on 6/05/2015

When my daughter got engaged the weekend before Thanksgiving we were over the moon with excitement but our excitement was tempered when she announced she wanted a “waterfall wedding.” I had never heard of that but I knew it meant we wouldn’t be having the wedding in Florida.... Read More Beaches we have, waterfalls not so much. Enter fate and my discovery of Hightower Falls. The venue is spectacular, with a gorgeous private water fall, the picturesque ruins of an old grist mill and two separate reception hall options. It is also surrounded by tree covered hills, green pastures and includes a dated but comfortable bridal cottage. The place is stunningly beautiful and sells itself the moment you lay eyes on it. But a successful wedding also requires proprietors who understand weddings and all that is involved in planning and carrying them out. Enter Elizabeth Walls, whose family has owned the venue for a number of years but who has only recently begun efforts to turn this gem into an even more popular wedding destination than it already is. She is easy to work with but definitely qualifies as a “steel magnolia.” That is appropriate when you consider the natural beauty she has been entrusted to protect. We found her accommodating and generous with the many additional available wedding necessities (tables, linens, chairs, etc…) that typically involve additional charges. As the father of the bride I can’t recommend Hightower Falls highly enough. It provided a stunning backdrop to the most important day in my daughter’s life thus far, and made for memories that will last a lifetime.

the best

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Stephanie S

Hightower Falls was the most beautiful place for us to have our wedding. Joy was wonderful to work with and I couldn't have done it without her. I'm so glad that I chose to have my wedding here. I couldn't have asked for more. Thanks Joy!

Beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2011 Jessi M

Everything was wonderful. Joy, the coordinator, did everything that I asked her to and the location is just wonderful!! A beautiful wedding venue with an awesome coordinator to make your day wonderful!! :)