Hilton Charlotte University Place

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

8629 J M Keynes Dr, Charlotte, NC (704) 547-7444

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 MeMe T

I cannot say enough about the Hilton Charlotte University Place! I stayed here a couple of years ago and it was a nice place, great location. But my last stay (August 10-14, 2016) was the absolute best place for my wedding. From the time I started planning back in May, up until... Read More the actual day, the process was seamless. My wedding specialist, Katelyn Freeman, was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! She was the ultimate professional and the sweetest person you could ever work with. She made planning the wedding from afar (literally across the country) effortless. Upon checking into the hotel, the staff was super accommodating and made sure everything I needed was taken care of. The hotel was completely sold out and was hosting several events and reunion but the staff was friendly and went out of there way to assist my husband and all of our guests (as if we were the only ones there). The rooms were clean and comfortable and property is well kept. The area itself has lots to offer and is easily accessible to eateries, shopping, and the freeway. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and location for any and all occasions.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Jessica L

We worked with Emily and Angie and couldn't be happier. This is a beautiful venue and is worth the cost. Planning process was easy and straight forward. The only reason I am not granting them a 5 is because the breakdown crew was very irresponsible on this particular night and... Read More misplaced some of the items I brought in personally. The Hotel and coordinators are great, the room service and rooms were great. They were clean and Sheila did such a great job managing and handling our room block. I will definitely be finding reasons to go back.

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Traci R

A family member told my husband (then fiance) and I about this location. We called and inquired and luckily they were having a bridal show in the next few weeks. We were able to schedule an appointment after the bridal show with Rayna, the BEST wedding coordinator ever! We were... Read More sold! This location is very affordable and accommodating. We planned for a little over a year and Rayna was always available whenever we needed her. She was professional, friendly, extremely knowledgeable, just amazing! Even the chef and his staff were amazing. We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and wedding at the hotel. They made us feel like the hotel was ours for the weekend. Anything we needed, they provided. It's actually pretty bitter sweet that the wedding is over but anytime we are in town we will definitely stay at the Hilton! This location is HIGHLY recommended. You will not be disappointed.

very prompt & professional

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Sarah P

I was very pleased with the staff at the Hilton. We didnt end up haing enough out of town guests, so we didn't block off rooms, however I would recommend them to other brides.

Even though it is very pretty would not recommend

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Sheryl S

This was not a very great wedding venue for a wedding. When we got there, the room had not been broken down so we ending up setting up for the wedding very very late. Also the staff started breaking down our wedding at 10pm when we were contracted til 11pm. This cause me and... Read More my groom to miss partying with our guest! When we complained to the staff about this all they did was give us one free nights stay at the hotel when we were clearly cheated out of our money. This venue ruined my wedding dreams and I would not recommend anyone to this location.

Extremely helpful staff

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Brittany M

The hotel grounds were beautiful, especially the outside dock where we had our ceremony. Melissa was very helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. I don't know what I would have done without all her help. The staff was very attentive and friendly.

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/13/2013 Janet L

I was thrilled with the experience I had with the Hilton. Melissa was amazing to work with and the all of the staff was helpful and courteous. My wedding day went flawlessly and everything was set up perfectly by the staff. All of my guests told me that it was one of the best... Read More weddings they have ever been to. I had both the ceremony and reception at this location

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Charlyn C

Very accomidating. Professional and one cue with eveerything!

Could be better

Reviewed on 3/29/2012 Tiffany G

The Hilton is very pretty and has many great spots for photos. The attendants we were assigned, for the reception, did not fulfill their duties, which was very disappointing. They were packing up our things early, didn't refill the candy bar (the mother of the bride had to),... Read More they bride and groom were not taken to their suite, and they lost some of the centerpieces (which the mother of the bride had to pay the florist double for). The ballroom was very pretty and the food was great though!

Awesome place to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Coretta C

I received the best service and had the best wedding specialist Jenna Yates!!!!

Hilton Rocks