Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

When an entire hotel is a work of art, how could your event be anything less? National Historic Landmark featuring some of the world's finest examples of French art deco. Three breathtaking ballrooms that create a sense of timeless elegance and romance in a setting that is one-of-a-kind.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Museum, Restaurant

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH (513) 421-9100

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Michelle M

We initially went to the Hilton because I don’t believe there is any place more beautiful in this city. We had both our wedding and reception in the Continental Room, and it was absolutely gorgeous… just like we pictured it. We knew it would be beautiful, what we didn’t know was... Read More just how amazing the Hilton staff would be to work with. We worked with Taylor Chubb for our planning, and if I could go back and plan this day over and over again, I would have Taylor there every time. She made our wedding perfect. I can’t say enough about how incredibly smooth the planning process went and how special everyone involved with the wedding felt during our wedding weekend. It was a perfect day, and I can’t imagine it being anywhere else. I can’t recommend the Hilton enough. They were awesome!

Kelly Carigan is amazing!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Sarah W

Kelly helped me plan the accommodations for my perfect day! She was extremely helpful in organizing all of the details for my guests as well as my bridal party. We had several rooms the night before the wedding, but needed to switch to other rooms for the night of the... Read More wedding. Kelly made the transition so easy for us! I will definitely use the Hilton again!

Incredible Incredible

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Jessica S

I worked with Ashley J. at the Hilton and had a reception of 300 people in the Hall of Mirrors. She was so attentive to all the little details/touches and made sure that the entire evening went on without a hitch. It was the most perfect, beautiful night I could have imagined.

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Courtney S

The Hilton Netherland Plaza is hands-down one of the most beautiful venues Cincinnati has to offer. We got married in the Continental Ballroom (120 guests) and the day was more beautiful than we could've imagined. The Catering Sales Manager, Taylor, helped everything go off... Read More without a hitch and she was a joy to work with. Taylor was super responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable throughout the entire process and made sure all bases were covered. Highly recommend this venue & suggest that you request Taylor as your appointed coordinator :-)

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Terrence C

We planned our wedding during what turned out to be an unfortunate time. We had been working with a planner at the Hilton Netherland Plaza for about a year. Roughly four months before the wedding, Hilton had a shakeup in the events planning department and we lost the person we... Read More had been working with the previous 12 months. A few weeks before the wedding, we also lost the person who replaced our initial contact person and, at that point, things became a bit stressful. Things we had discussed with previous contacts were lost in the shuffles and we were certain nothing would go as planned. Weeks before the wedding, I was already crafting a terrible review; however… We used the Continental Room for our reception and it is tough to find a more elegant or more photogenic venue. Roughly 80% of our guests were from out of town and they were completely blown away with both the Continental Room and the accommodations. So, Hilton gained a point just for having a stunningly beautiful hotel. Then… Literally every employee we encountered not only made sure we received excellent service, but went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special. The bartenders and employees who were serving both the pre-dinner cocktail/hors d’oeuvres and the sit-down meal made a point of telling us how happy they were for us. I don’t think we encountered one person who did not go out of their way to make us or our guests feel welcome for the entire stay. What would you expect from Chef Todd Kelly? Excellence. Everything, including the displays, the appetizers, the main courses, desserts, and late-night snacks were perfectly prepared works of art. We even included beef tenderloin on the menu and feared it would be overcooked or, if cooked perfectly, served cold. No such worry; it was perfect and served warm. There were no long waits and the precision of the service was an extraordinary thing to see. Now onto room setup and design. Basically, we ran an experimental design because the room had to be setup to host the ceremony, the meal, and dancing with no breaks in between the three. Initially the staff at the Netherland was skeptical, but they pulled it off using creativity and logic. The entire night flowed beautifully. The staff who set up the room was efficient and delightful to work with. The event managers kept everything moving at breakneck speed without raising a sweat. Everything the adult and children gifts we wanted placed on each table were placed to complement the flowers and place settings. Overall service and price. I can only give Hilton Netherland Plaza 4 stars because of the stress caused with staff changes taking place so close to the wedding. Had we kept our original staff from start to finish I would find a way to squeeze a 6th star into a 5-star rating scale because everything else delivered WAY over what I would have expected for 5-star service. As I said before, our guests were totally blown away by every single aspect of the weekend from the accommodations, the brilliant service, elegant surroundings, phenomenal food, to the open and well-stocked bar. Considering what we would have paid at other venues and the quality of food we would have had using outside caterers, the price we paid was a bargain. I would recommend Hilton Netherland Plaza for any event, but, if you want a spot to impress and amaze on one of the most important days of your life, I would tell you to go nowhere else.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Susan H

We reserved a block of rooms here for the bridal suite and also for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Everything was perfect. The upgraded us to a king suite with 2 bathrooms which was perfect for 8 girls getting ready before the wedding and when we arrived back at the hotel... Read More after wedding there was a bottle of Champagne and Chocolate covered strawberries. It was an amazing experience all around and we were treated as if we held our wedding there. Would highly recommend for the wedding party to stay here.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Hilary B

Wonderful experience from start to finish!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Kelsey M

I've always known I wanted to have my reception in the Pavilion Room at the Hilton and Taylor Chubb & her team did not disappoint! The room was beautiful and the service is unparalleled!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Amy L

In May 2016, we hosted a wedding with a large number of out of town guests in Cincinnati. In order to offer our guests a true Cincy experience we arranged a block of rooms at the Hilton Netherland Plaza in downtown. This choice proved to be one of the best decisions we made... Read More during our wedding planning. First, the hotel is gorgeous. The art deco feel, restaurant, arcade and the rooms are all so unique. Our guests all commented on how beautiful the hotel was, especially the bar. In addition to the ambiance and location, the staff could not have been more accommodating. It all started by working with Karen in the group sales department. She was so professional, responsive, and excellent to work with. She offered us a great rate and answered all of our questions throughout the entire (almost) yearlong process. For the wedding block there are even several incentives for the organizing group (extra Hilton points, free stays, room upgrades, etc.) that made the weekend extra special. She even organized tours of the rooms and set us up with dressing rooms for our bridesmaids and groomsmen. Upon arrival at the hotel the staff was nothing short of wonderful. The valet was very easy to use and the front desk associates and staff made us feel as we were the most important guests in the hotel. This was quite a feat on a weekend when there as a music convention and at least five other wedding blocks in the hotel. I highly recommend anyone who needs to organize group rates to look at the Hilton Netherland. Our out of town guests loved the central location and the high end accommodations. The staff was great, and we will certainly stay again when in Cincy.

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Kylee T

Taylor Chubb was our wedding coordinator for the Hall of Mirrors at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza for my daughter's wedding reception in April. She was very professional and we were extremely happy with the food, the cake, the venue, the decor and the fabulous... Read More service. I would highly recommend this venue - you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sarah B

I was blown away during our year of planning when working with the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza! The venue is historic and absolutely stunning. All of the staff are exceptional, and you will not find better service in all of Cincinnati! I was truly confident that they... Read More Hilton would execute our dream wedding, and they gave us so much more! royalty. royalty and felt totally confident

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Brittany W

Choosing to have our ceremony and reception at the Hilton Netherland Plaza was easily the best decision we made throughout the entire planning process. I live out of town and had to plan everything over the phone or by email. They made this very easy for me and were always quick... Read More to respond with an answer. Our original coordinator/catering manager ended up leaving her position, but Taylor Chubb stepped in without missing a beat, and made sure everything was perfect! She is amazing. Weddings can be stressful, but the Hilton is a well-oiled machine that takes so much of the burden off the bride and groom! At first glance, the price seems high, but you have to consider all that is being provided..a catering manager & banquet captain, a suite to get ready in (equipped with mirrors, chairs, tables, a steamer for your dress), an adjoining guest room, a private holding room for the bridal party during cocktail hour with a mini food and drink display, upgraded rooms for the parents, a suite for the bride and groom on the wedding night (stocked with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries), exquisite service, and not to mention the BEST food in town. The Continental Ballroom was perfect for our small-ish wedding of about 110 guests, and is breathtakingly beautiful with the art deco decor. The room flip between the ceremony and the reception was executed perfectly, while our guests enjoyed cocktail hour on the mezzanine, overlooking the Orchids restaurant (with live jazz music). Many people told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and that is thanks to the Hilton and their excellent service.

Perfect from Beginning to End

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Allison S

My advice for any new bride is the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza is the venue to have you wedding at! From working with Jillian, the coordinator, to the Catering Manager, to the Catering Captain, I felt pampered every step of the way! Not only was I able to get ready at the... Read More Hilton before my big day, and stay there in the evening but I felt like the Hilton was my exclusive wedding venue even with other weddings going on! I cannot gush enough about how wonderful the Hilton is! It catered to every one of my wishes and my wedding was everything I ever dreamed about!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Sarah R

The Hilton made our wedding day more than we could have ever imagined! Our family and friends RAVED about the food and the service was incredible. We worked with Taylor (someone who I've known since I was young) and she's phenomenal at what she does. Any question we had while... Read More planning was quickly and clearly answered- and she patiently answered questions I'm sure we asked more than once. I can't recommend this gorgeous venue enough!

2015-06-19T09:27:46 Response from the vendor

June 19, 2015 Dear Bride: Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your wedding on The Knot! We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you. Let me begin by offering the congratulations and best wishes of... Read Less Read More

A PERFECT 4th of July

Reviewed on 7/26/2014 Kelsey K

The Hall of Mirrors was the first and only venue my fiance and I looked at for our July 4 wedding. It was so beautiful and unique we just had to have it! Our coordinator at the Hilton (Annette) was the epitome of responsive, professional and knowledgeable. Everything we wanted... Read More our wedding reception to be, Annette and the Hilton made it happen. From passing a signature Netherland Plaza cocktail to our guests during the reception to chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our bride/groom suite that evening - No detail was overlooked! Guests loved the Hall of Mirrors and the history embedded in the hotel. The food and drinks were also spectacular! A huge THANK YOU to the Hilton for making our wedding day absolutely PERFECT!

Magical Wedding at the Hilton

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Jennifer M

Taylor was EXCELLENT at assisting us to create the wedding of our dreams! She went above and beyond to try and make our day as complete and worry free as possible. The only thing that was frustrating was that we were never told where our groomsmen would be entering and didn't... Read More find out until minutes before the wedding started (we had to practice in a different room due to a wedding in our room the night of rehearsal). Otherwise it was perfect and I would highly recommend it!

Amazing staff, gorgeous hotel, wonderful time!

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Stephanie G

We had our ceremony in the Hall of Mirrors, our cocktail hour in the Continental Ballroom, and our reception in the Hall of the Mirrors this past January [2013]. We worked with Marianne, and she was amazing! She helped us with everything we needed, down to the last detail. The... Read More rest of the staff was perfect as well the entire evening. The food was TO DIE FOR, and people are still raving about it (the short ribs are the best!). The whole evening went perfectly an we have the Hilton to thank!

Venue

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Wendy G

Fantastic!

Impecable attention to detail

Reviewed on 11/29/2012 Amanda T

When my husband and I walked into the hall of mirrors we were in love. The room was perfect and to make it even better Marianne and the rest of the staff's attention to detail was unparalleled. All of our requests were fulfilled and our guests just raved about the service. We... Read More could not have been happier with our service from the staff.

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Lauren K

Absolutely amazing from start to finish. I knew the Continental Ballroom was for us as soon as I saw it. The only "decorations" we used were flowers and uplighting. Our catering manager, Heather, was phenomenal to work with from planning to post-reception. The entire staff at... Read More the Hilton was absolutely wonderful and the food was delicious! My guests are still talking about the braised beef short ribs.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Elizabeth H

I would recomend having either your reception or both teh ceremony and reception at the Hilton downtown Cincinnati! My reception was in teh Hall of Mirrors and it was breath taking. We added flowers to teh tables and pin lighting and the hotel staff did the rest. I loved working... Read More with their staff. Everyone was very polished and had everything under control the entire evening. Not to mention the food is excellent!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Jennifer N

We chose the Hilton because we loved the architecture and really liked the first person we worked with. As our wedding got closer, we received a new person to handle our wedding (the other person left the company). We felt that she lacked the passion needed to work in the... Read More wedding business. It appeared that this was "just a job" to her. It was very hard to get her to respond to our questions via email and phone messages. The day of the wedding went well and everything worked out. I was a little disappointed when the banquet manager was upset that I wanted all of the table decorations (maybe I'm cheap but I spent a lot of money on everything and I had to return some things to the florist). The week after the wedding I realized that I was shorted some of table decorations. The person we worked with never responded to my messages (both phone and email). I finally talked with the manager and he quickly took care of things. Overall I was happy with the reception but felt that the service needs to be improved especially with the price we paid.

perfect!

Reviewed on 5/09/2012 asha s

Everything at my wedding reception was flawless and done perfectly! Comes highly recommended if you can afford to hold your reception here. Food is great, service is impeccable, coordinators know their stuff!!!

The Best!

Reviewed on 5/06/2012 Alexandra A

The Netherlands has a wonderful reputation which is well deserved. They were outstanding and very professional. The food was delicious and the ballroom and hotel are gorgeous. We worked with Ashley Judy and she was exceptionally helpful and made sure that the day went smoothly.

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 12/13/2011 Cherilyn M

They were VERY professional, helpful, and wonderful to work with. Amazing staff and service. Our food was delicious and the Pavillion Ballroom was spectacular. A very romantic hotel with a lot of history for a glamorous wedding.