Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Cincinnati, OH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

When an entire hotel is a work of art, how could your event be anything less? National Historic Landmark featuring some of the world's finest examples of French art deco. Three breathtaking ballrooms that create a sense of timeless elegance and romance in a setting that is one-of-a-kind.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel

35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Michelle M

We initially went to the Hilton because I don’t believe there is any place more beautiful in this city. We had both our wedding and reception in the Continental Room, and it was absolutely gorgeous… just like we pictured it. We knew it would be beautiful, what we didn’t know was... Read More just how amazing the Hilton staff would be to work with. We worked with Taylor Chubb for our planning, and if I could go back and plan this day over and over again, I would have Taylor there every time. She made our wedding perfect. I can’t say enough about how incredibly smooth the planning process went and how special everyone involved with the wedding felt during our wedding weekend. It was a perfect day, and I can’t imagine it being anywhere else. I can’t recommend the Hilton enough. They were awesome!

2014-06-25T18:02:25 Response from Sarah, the member

Hello! We are considering the HIlton Continental Room. I am curious, dod you attempt to negotiate anything with them? We are only looking at 100 people so the food/beverage min seems a little high for our budget. I am just curious if they worked with... Read Less Read More

Kelly Carigan is amazing!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Sarah W

Kelly helped me plan the accommodations for my perfect day! She was extremely helpful in organizing all of the details for my guests as well as my bridal party. We had several rooms the night before the wedding, but needed to switch to other rooms for the night of the... Read More wedding. Kelly made the transition so easy for us! I will definitely use the Hilton again!

Incredible Incredible

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Jessica S

I worked with Ashley J. at the Hilton and had a reception of 300 people in the Hall of Mirrors. She was so attentive to all the little details/touches and made sure that the entire evening went on without a hitch. It was the most perfect, beautiful night I could have imagined.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sarah B

I was blown away during our year of planning when working with the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza! The venue is historic and absolutely stunning. All of the staff are exceptional, and you will not find better service in all of Cincinnati! I was truly confident that they... Read More Hilton would execute our dream wedding, and they gave us so much more! royalty. royalty and felt totally confident

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Brittany W

Choosing to have our ceremony and reception at the Hilton Netherland Plaza was easily the best decision we made throughout the entire planning process. I live out of town and had to plan everything over the phone or by email. They made this very easy for me and were always quick... Read More to respond with an answer. Our original coordinator/catering manager ended up leaving her position, but Taylor Chubb stepped in without missing a beat, and made sure everything was perfect! She is amazing. Weddings can be stressful, but the Hilton is a well-oiled machine that takes so much of the burden off the bride and groom! At first glance, the price seems high, but you have to consider all that is being provided..a catering manager & banquet captain, a suite to get ready in (equipped with mirrors, chairs, tables, a steamer for your dress), an adjoining guest room, a private holding room for the bridal party during cocktail hour with a mini food and drink display, upgraded rooms for the parents, a suite for the bride and groom on the wedding night (stocked with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries), exquisite service, and not to mention the BEST food in town. The Continental Ballroom was perfect for our small-ish wedding of about 110 guests, and is breathtakingly beautiful with the art deco decor. The room flip between the ceremony and the reception was executed perfectly, while our guests enjoyed cocktail hour on the mezzanine, overlooking the Orchids restaurant (with live jazz music). Many people told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and that is thanks to the Hilton and their excellent service.

Perfect from Beginning to End

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Allison S

My advice for any new bride is the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza is the venue to have you wedding at! From working with Jillian, the coordinator, to the Catering Manager, to the Catering Captain, I felt pampered every step of the way! Not only was I able to get ready at the... Read More Hilton before my big day, and stay there in the evening but I felt like the Hilton was my exclusive wedding venue even with other weddings going on! I cannot gush enough about how wonderful the Hilton is! It catered to every one of my wishes and my wedding was everything I ever dreamed about!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Sarah R

The Hilton made our wedding day more than we could have ever imagined! Our family and friends RAVED about the food and the service was incredible. We worked with Taylor (someone who I've known since I was young) and she's phenomenal at what she does. Any question we had while... Read More planning was quickly and clearly answered- and she patiently answered questions I'm sure we asked more than once. I can't recommend this gorgeous venue enough!

2015-06-19T09:27:46 Response from the vendor

June 19, 2015 Dear Bride: Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your wedding on The Knot! We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you. Let me begin by offering the congratulations and best wishes of... Read Less Read More

A PERFECT 4th of July

Reviewed on 7/26/2014 Kelsey K

The Hall of Mirrors was the first and only venue my fiance and I looked at for our July 4 wedding. It was so beautiful and unique we just had to have it! Our coordinator at the Hilton (Annette) was the epitome of responsive, professional and knowledgeable. Everything we wanted... Read More our wedding reception to be, Annette and the Hilton made it happen. From passing a signature Netherland Plaza cocktail to our guests during the reception to chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our bride/groom suite that evening - No detail was overlooked! Guests loved the Hall of Mirrors and the history embedded in the hotel. The food and drinks were also spectacular! A huge THANK YOU to the Hilton for making our wedding day absolutely PERFECT!

Magical Wedding at the Hilton

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Jennifer M

Taylor was EXCELLENT at assisting us to create the wedding of our dreams! She went above and beyond to try and make our day as complete and worry free as possible. The only thing that was frustrating was that we were never told where our groomsmen would be entering and didn't... Read More find out until minutes before the wedding started (we had to practice in a different room due to a wedding in our room the night of rehearsal). Otherwise it was perfect and I would highly recommend it!

Amazing staff, gorgeous hotel, wonderful time!

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Stephanie G

We had our ceremony in the Hall of Mirrors, our cocktail hour in the Continental Ballroom, and our reception in the Hall of the Mirrors this past January [2013]. We worked with Marianne, and she was amazing! She helped us with everything we needed, down to the last detail. The... Read More rest of the staff was perfect as well the entire evening. The food was TO DIE FOR, and people are still raving about it (the short ribs are the best!). The whole evening went perfectly an we have the Hilton to thank!

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Wendy G

Impecable attention to detail

Reviewed on 11/29/2012 Amanda T

When my husband and I walked into the hall of mirrors we were in love. The room was perfect and to make it even better Marianne and the rest of the staff's attention to detail was unparalleled. All of our requests were fulfilled and our guests just raved about the service. We... Read More could not have been happier with our service from the staff.

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Lauren K

Absolutely amazing from start to finish. I knew the Continental Ballroom was for us as soon as I saw it. The only "decorations" we used were flowers and uplighting. Our catering manager, Heather, was phenomenal to work with from planning to post-reception. The entire staff at... Read More the Hilton was absolutely wonderful and the food was delicious! My guests are still talking about the braised beef short ribs.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Elizabeth H

I would recomend having either your reception or both teh ceremony and reception at the Hilton downtown Cincinnati! My reception was in teh Hall of Mirrors and it was breath taking. We added flowers to teh tables and pin lighting and the hotel staff did the rest. I loved working... Read More with their staff. Everyone was very polished and had everything under control the entire evening. Not to mention the food is excellent!

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Jennifer N

We chose the Hilton because we loved the architecture and really liked the first person we worked with. As our wedding got closer, we received a new person to handle our wedding (the other person left the company). We felt that she lacked the passion needed to work in the... Read More wedding business. It appeared that this was "just a job" to her. It was very hard to get her to respond to our questions via email and phone messages. The day of the wedding went well and everything worked out. I was a little disappointed when the banquet manager was upset that I wanted all of the table decorations (maybe I'm cheap but I spent a lot of money on everything and I had to return some things to the florist). The week after the wedding I realized that I was shorted some of table decorations. The person we worked with never responded to my messages (both phone and email). I finally talked with the manager and he quickly took care of things. Overall I was happy with the reception but felt that the service needs to be improved especially with the price we paid.

2012-12-10T11:38:58 Response from Elizabeth, the member

Can you tell me who you worked with? I am heavily considering the Hilton but don't want to get stuck with a dud coordinator. Thanks!

Reviewed on 5/09/2012 asha s

Everything at my wedding reception was flawless and done perfectly! Comes highly recommended if you can afford to hold your reception here. Food is great, service is impeccable, coordinators know their stuff!!!

The Best!

Reviewed on 5/06/2012 Alexandra A

The Netherlands has a wonderful reputation which is well deserved. They were outstanding and very professional. The food was delicious and the ballroom and hotel are gorgeous. We worked with Ashley Judy and she was exceptionally helpful and made sure that the day went smoothly.

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 12/13/2011 Cherilyn M

They were VERY professional, helpful, and wonderful to work with. Amazing staff and service. Our food was delicious and the Pavillion Ballroom was spectacular. A very romantic hotel with a lot of history for a glamorous wedding.

Stunning venue with great service!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Suzanne S

Most of our wedding was made up from out of towners, we had both the wedding and reception in the Hall of Mirrors, so guests would not be driving around Cinti. The food was good, service was great and overall we were extremely pleased!Everything ran like clockwork and the staff... Read More were just wonderful!

Hall of Mirrors

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Brittany C

The staff at the Hilton was wonderful! They took care of everything, I did not have to worry about coordinating vendors or the reception. The room is breath taking and the food and drink were wonderful. They truly made our day even more special! It is totally worth the money and... Read More the peace of mind, of knowing that everything went smooth!

Reviewed on 5/17/2011 Stacey S

Not only are the halls at the Hilton beautiful beyond belief, but the staff there have events down to a science. Everything ran incredibly smoothly and the service was perfect. In planning with the Hilton I had the pleasure of working with Hanna Minor. She was incredibly... Read More helpful and kind and quick with her phone and e-mail responses. I would definitely recommend both her and the Hilton!

took care of everything

Reviewed on 5/07/2011 Kasey H

My groom, family, and I got to be guests at our wedding! We didn't have to worry about anything, they took care of it (no wedding planner needed). The food was delicious and the venue is so gorgeous, you don't need much by decorations. We had our reception in the Continental... Read More ballroom and it was perfect. Also loved the complimentary rooms they provided for my bridesmaids and I the night before, my parents the night of, and my new husband and I the night of.

Fairytale come true!

Reviewed on 2/12/2011 Cathy Y

Robin at the Hilton helped make my fairytale wedding come true. There are not enough words to describe the beauty, service, food and professionalism of the staff. Our every need was fulfilled above and beyond our expectations. People are STILL talking about our wedding and... Read More it's been two months already. The staff at the Hilton, especially Robin treat you like you are the one and only bride ever to walk into the venue. She makes the extremely stressful and daunting task of planning a wedding seem calming and serene. It's because she knows how to do her job so well that all your fears and anxieties go away when meeting with her. She answers all your questions quickly and calmly and responds to e-mails and phone calls no matter how many times you bother her. Robin pulled off ALL of my ideas and made them her own. I will NEVER forget her or be able to thank her enough. The Hilton is the most amazing place to celebrate the most magical day of your life. My wedding was superb and the Hilton had EVERYTHING to do with that! Your guests will be completely spoiled if you have your wedding there. They will not be able to stop commenting on the service and beauty of the hotel Thank you again!

Beyond Expectation

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Sharon A

We arrived at the Hilton on Friday and checked out on Sunday. From the moment we arrived we were treated as if we were the only guests on a sold out weekend. After months of planning I did not have a single worry and was able to enjoy every moment of my daughter's wedding.... Read More Our wedding coordinator ensured every detail was executed as planned. The food was excellent in regards to presentation, quality and flavor. People still rave about the "best wedding they ever attended." If I had 10 daughters I would do it all again at the Hilton for each one of them.

MOB with High Expectations Humbled by Hilton

Reviewed on 11/27/2010 Leah B

My professional background is customer service so when my only daughter and I started looking for the perfect place for one of the most important days in her life we spent time ensuring that we met with only those venues that offered multi-services in one location. My review... Read More cannot do justice to the experience my family and guests had at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. Every detail was executed with precision. Our guests raved about the hotel, the friendliness of the staff, the convenient location, the beautiful ceremony, the fabulous reception, the delicious food. I received several notes from our guests after the wedding with sentiments like, "thank you for including us in your special day. I have never been to a more beautiful and touching wedding." One would have thought that each person who touched this even had a vested interest in ensuring that it was perfect, as if it were their daughter getting married. The Hilton Cincinnati allowed me to relax and enjoy every moment of our daughter's special day knowing that the details were being managed by the best Cincinnati has to offer. Leah Balsly Mother of Emily Tincher Married 9/17/10 at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza