Hilton President Kansas City

Kansas City, MO

Timeless, Extraordinary experiences...

An exquisite ballroom for your ceremony and reception. Customized menus and packages to fit your needs. Flexible spaces for pre and post wedding activities, including private space in Walnut Room or our restaurant: Providence New American Kitchen. Contact us for special offers and availability.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering

1329 Baltimore, Kansas City, MO

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Kristen P

I really only had the Hilton President in mind when I started to plan our April wedding... I thought the ballroom was gorgeous, the hotel was classic and elegant, and the location was perfect! All of those things are important but what really made the process so enjoyable was... Read More the staff! Samie, the hotel's wedding coordinator, was AMAZING! She was so good working with our vendors, family members, and our personal wedding planner! Anything we asked for she took care of and our vendors were organized perfectly and well taken care of! Samie was professional, experienced, and fun to work with! We had our reception in the Congress ballroom which is an exceptional setting! The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. We still receive so many compliments on the food, service, and venue! Thank you Hilton President for helping us have our perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Leslie F

Our wedding reception at the Hilton President was a dream come true - better than a dream come true actually. From the minute I saw the ballroom and met Samie I KNEW it had to be there (and it was the only venue I looked at). The ballroom is absolutely exquisite with marble... Read More floors and gold-detailed walls with stunning views of downtown KC. But it was the quality of the staff that made our experience way above average for the entire planning time and wedding day. Samie goes above and beyond in her uber-organized, magic-making way to make your day incredible. I am the typical Type-A, want to make sure everything is correct personality but I was able to fully enjoy and soak in the day because I knew she had it handled. Thanks to her and her staff, my wedding day truly was the best day of my life.

Charm and Elegance

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Leslie R

When my fiancé and I first started looking for wedding venues we had an idea of doing a Napa inspired rustic look for our reception. After visiting several locations nothing was clicking. Our last stop was at the Hilton President and from the moment we walked in everything... Read More clicked! The hotel itself has a wonderful elegant charm to it playing 1930's music to match its style. As soon as we saw the stunning Congress ballroom we knew our search was over- breathtakingly beautiful! We knew we would be ditching the rustic look for something much more classic and our style. What made everything even better was the on-site coordinator Samie. She was the epitome of professionalism and friendliness throughout the whole process. We were planning the wedding from out of state and never once did I feel like we were out of the loop with what was happening. From the amazing food to the smallest detail, Samie and her team were happy to handle everything which make our big day stress free. Our guess loved the charm of the hotel and we had so many people tell us just how beautiful everything was. A huge gold star to everyone at the Hilton President!

LOVE this hotel!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Rachel S

The president is my favorite hotel in Kansas City. It is so gorgeous inside! WE had a large block of rooms for our guests and all had a great stay.

Beautiful venue, great location

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Erin P

This hotel was very accommodating to our guests, and it was in a really great location for after-reception activities. It has a beautiful vintage feel.

Excellent Host Hotel

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Hannah P

We did not use the hotel for our reception and ceremony, however I have been to a gorgeous wedding here. Instead, we used the establishment as our primary host hotel. The sales and reservation staff were incredible to work with and very accommodating. They were prompt in... Read More answering questions and happy to meet our requests. The location was also very convenient for our out of town guests as there is a lot of entertainment within walking distance.

Beautiful Venue, Incredible Coordinator

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Kaitlyn

We originally chose the Hilton President for our wedding day venue because of its historic background and unique look. And we were right: everything was absolutely beautiful, especially the ballroom where both our ceremony and reception took place. However, at the end of the... Read More day, what made the Hilton President such a spectacular place to have our special day was Samie, the venue's wedding coordinator. She did EVERYTHING, from making suggestions on vendors, to organizing any and everything on the wedding day, to making sure we were comfortable and happy the entire time we were there. She even helped me pin up my dress during the reception when I was tripping on the front of it. (She was seriously a life-saver!) We know for a fact that our wedding would not have gone as smoothly without Samie, and we are extremely grateful. The only hiccup we experienced was that the reception food was not plated very well and bordered on sloppy. We addressed this with Samie, and she was very gracious and accepting of our feedback. I would recommend this venue to any bride. It was an incredible experience.

My wedding dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Kinsley R

The entrance, the staircase, the grand lobby, the mezzanine, the ballroom foyer, and most importantly the Congress Ballroom. When the two double doors opened and Marilyn led me into the ballroom on my first visit, I was done looking. The space needs nothing to enhance it,... Read More absolutely gorgeous. The staff, the food, the atmosphere were all exquisite and my fairy tale came true at the Hilton President.

Congress Ballroom - Hilton President

Reviewed on 1/13/2013 Kelley C

Food was great, and the room was beautiful. We had an awesome time. Samie and the Hilton staff worked very hard to stay on top of everything for us, and everyone was so gracious and attentive.

Beyond amazing!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Jillian H

My husband and I just got married at the Hilton President and we were blown away! Their ENTIRE staff, especially Samie and Marilyn, were more than perfect. Every time I thought of something that needed to be done, they had already taken care of it! It is the most beautiful venue... Read More and it is a great location for your guests to have fun at the P&L district. We couldn't be happier that we chose the Hilton President and we can't thank them enough for making our wedding day perfect!!!!!

could be better

Reviewed on 5/10/2012 Valerie B

hire an outside wedding coordinator.

2013-05-01T16:40:46 Response from Gail, the member

Your wedding isn't until 2014 and you already posted a negative review?....? What is there to review at this time?

Great Night!!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Melanie B

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. The front desk attendant saw me in my wedding gown and congratulated us. They made us feel like valued clients. The lobby is beautiful. The room was clean and spacious. We had a great view of the Power & Light district.... Read More The front desk ended up sending up a bottle of wine for us to share and a note saying congratulations again. We ordered room service the next morning. The french toast was great! Great hotel, great service, great location!!!

do not use this vendor

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Rachel S

I do not have time to write this- last time I wrote an honest review, Hilton got it taken down. So I wouldn't trust the reviews they have. Yes it is a beautiful room, but it is overpriced for the bad service you will get. Not only that, the brial suite is very dark and ugly.... Read More My recommendation- o somewhere else! I would give 0 stars if i could

Fantastic Venue and Staff

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Lindsey N

The President Hotel in Kansas City had always been my dream venue, and it truly was a dream come true to have my reception in the Congress Ballroom. The staff was super easy to work with and made sure everything went according to plan. During the entire planning process,... Read More Marilyn and Lindsay were so great and made sure I was satisifed with everything. The night was majical, they did such a fabulous job with everything!

Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 1/04/2011 Carissa L

My Fiance and I had a 3 month timespan to plan our wedding in. We went and searched dozens of places, and we are SO thankful we chose the Hilton! The staff was WONDERFUL, everything was done exactly how we'd planned. The food was delicious, and our guests couldn't get enough! It... Read More was so nice to have people who understood how much this meant to me, and went out of their ways to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. They worked with us on pricing, dates, and deals, and we ended up staying for a few extra nights there because we loved it so much! Thank you, Hilton President, for a wonderful experience!

Gorgeous Ballroom

Reviewed on 11/11/2010 Mary K

The location exceeded my expectations. My wedding planners worked with the staff and what a wedding it was!

TO Hilton President Kansas City