Historic 1625 Tacoma Place

Tacoma, WA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Elegant Events. Exceptional Service. Historic 1625

Beautifully remodeled brick construction, exposed wood vaulted ceilings and elegant slate floors give Historic 1625 the feel of an exclusive private lodge. Our award winning venue is the perfect place for your special day! This stunning venue coupled with our truly exceptional service has made Historic 1625 one of the premier venues in Western Washington. Winner of The Knot's Best of Weddings 2017, Couples' Choice Award 2015, Couples' Choice Award 2016, and Couples' Choice Award 2017. Call or email today for your personal tour!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

1625 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA (253) 441-6537

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Kelly S

From the moment my (now) husband and I stepped foot in this venue, we knew the staff would take care of us fabulously, and that they did throughout the whole process! Kellie and Crystal were the venue coordinators we worked with and both were so friendly and helpful. The venue... Read More is beautiful and spacious. We rented out the car show space downstairs for a post-ceremony cocktail hour, which the guests (we had just under 200) all raved about. We highly recommending doing the same. It allowed the guests to escape from the ceremony area while the caterers and venue staff flip the rooms (i.e. move the chairs from the ceremony area to the reception area). I can't thank the staff at Historic enough for helping to make our wedding day turn out exactly as we planned!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Stephanie Q

This venue and its staff are incredible! We held both our wedding ceremony and reception at Historic 1625 and are still so happy that we did! They worked so well with all of our vendors to make our wedding day come together perfectly! Our guests still talk about how beautiful... Read More this space is, especially the classic car garage where we held our cocktail hour.

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Allison S

My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception here. We were beyond thrilled with how the space just absorbed out 250 guests! Kellie at Historic went above and beyond her call of duty. We could not be more pleased with their service. She responded right away to our... Read More questions, was willing to walk us through the venue many times, and truly helped us make our day special. She felt like one of the crew by the end of the event. We'd do it all over again at Historic!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Kelly S

Historic 1625 Tacoma Place was an absolute dream to work with. Not only was the venue beautiful and a great location for a wedding, but Kellie, the assistant manager was incredibly accommodating. The venue was great, not the cheapest and certainly not the most expensive, but... Read More nice, clean and a fun place to celebrate. What really made our experience top notch was Kellie. Kellie wasn't afraid to step in and help decorate, clean up or help coordinate a detail. These days, that sort thing is unheard of. Kellie, you're amazing and the main reason why we would, hands down, suggest Historic 1625. If you decide to have a wedding/event at Historic 1625, you are required to select one of their approved caterers. We ended up choosing Act 3 catering. Our experience with Act 3 was also top notch. Markel with Act 3 was incredibly accommodating and the food was by far, the best event food we have ever had. The 3rd party company that Historic 1625 contracts with for decorations, TLB events, was an absolute scam. I believe that some companies capitalize off of couples when they hear the word "wedding" and TLB events is certainly one of them. If you don't believe me, email the company and ask for their decoration pricing. Ridiculous! Although we opted to not to use the company and decorate ourselves, it wasn't any less beautiful. Thank you Historic 1625 for helping make our special day perfect!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Courtney C

There are not enough words to express our thanks to Historic 1625 and their staff! This venue is truly one of a kind and had our guests talking all night long. Kellie kindly replied to all my emails in a timely manner and played such a big role in making our day run as smoothly... Read More as it did. We would get married again and again if we could! We are so grateful for this venue and making our wedding day such a memorable event!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Kiah L

Everything was absolutely perfect, the staff (Kellie) is amazing; she was there for us every step of the way. The venue itself is truly gorgeous.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Kristin S

Historic 1625 was the first (and only) wedding venue that my husband and I visited. We got engaged in December in the Tacoma area, as that is where we are from and where most of our friends and family live. However, my husband and I are living in Yakima and had to get back to... Read More Yakima shortly after the engagement. We felt it was important to find a venue that would work well with us being several hours away - phone meetings, emails, being flexible, etc. We can not be more pleased with how our wedding turned out! The staff at Historic 1625 were so easy to work with - they always answered emails and phone calls immediately and never seemed annoyed by my many, many questions. The planning process went so smoothly. On the day of the wedding, the venue worked so smoothly with all of our other vendors and helped the day go exactly as planned! I would recommend Historic 1625 to anyone who is looking for a beautiful indoor venue for both the ceremony & reception. You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

The venue is gorgeous and the staff is incredibly helpful! Would absolutely recommend having Kellie help organize the logistics of the day!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Shelley T

Having been from the city where this venue is located, my husband and I have a lot of connections to people who have attended weddings here-all with great things to say. We have to agree with what we had been hearing about for so many years- this venue is a GREAT place to be... Read More married. The staff was so accommodating, and for a neurotic, type-A bride like myself, their bottomless allowance of MANY casual visits to tour the venue and discuss details for months leading up to the event was such a relief. This building does not disappoint in wedding pictures, lends your reception a glamorous, but not stuffy, atmosphere, and keeps your guests impressed with a shiny classic car collection. We didn't intend to do a cocktail hour with the cars, but we are glad we did, as many guests commented about how classy of a wedding we hosted. My husband and I love live music, and chose to have a swing band for our reception. The room was perfect in accommodating a 7-piece band without puncturing ear drums, and the layout made it simple for our 220 guests to partake in dancing or sit and visit across the way. My husband and I had our dream wedding, and so much of that is due to Historic 1625.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Olga M

I got married at the historic 1625 on august 6th 2017 and in my books, I give this venue 5. The venue was beyond beautiful with brick walls and wood ceilings. It complemented my all white wedding with white drapes, candles and ceiling lights. The staff was AMAZING they are the... Read More reason why I had a stress free day and stress free time leading up to the day. I got ready in their spacious warm beautiful bridal suit, I had my first look and my send off there and took such great pictures by the brick wall! The venue was so accommodating and affordable, they have great catering vendors and decorations. LOVE

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sarah M

I have to be honest this wasn't my first choice has a reception area. I had to go back twice to view the venue before I did pick it and in the end was the best choice I could have made. Since this is WA you never know when it will rain. I wanted an outdoor venue for my wedding... Read More but didn't want to risk of getting rained on without a back up plan. This venue is great because it is like a blank canvas that you can create into your own masterpiece. My theme was Seattle Sounders and the brown and brick went so well with my theme. It reminded me of being in a bar. The team there at Historic 1626 were amazing any question I had they got back to me so quickly and efficiently. They kept me in the loop if anything changed or if I changed something they were like "ok you got it" I don't have to worry about anything on my day they handled it all. I would recommend them for a wedding or any time of get together! They do have big glass windows that you can see out of but nobody can see in which is nice. I recommend doing it on a weekend there isn't much traffic around that time. And good for photos of the building in the background. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Kim S

As the mother of the bride, and the person paying, I expected to receive the refund check for the deposit. The venue was beautiful, it was a bit to bright for an evening wedding. It would have been nice to have had the option to dim the lights a bit. The bridal room and grooms... Read More room were not beautiful , they were stark and the furniture was too masculine in the brides room, and pretty beat up in the grooms room. The car room need to have the garage doors opened, and the dumpsters moved out of view.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Alyssa E

Historic was absolutely perfect for our wedding day! They are very helpful and accommodating when it comes to working with vendors. They made our whole wedding day flow smoothly! Thank you Historic!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Molly B

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Historic this winter and it was absolutely beautiful. We had been searching for a space with exposed brick and beams, and were lucky to find the Historic - it was just what we had hoped for. There is so much character in the... Read More venue itself that we chose to do very little decorations - really only centerpieces on the tables, and we did not need to do anything else, letting the space speak for itself. For our photo booth we just used a space of brick wall as the background and it turned out fantastic. We had about 125-ish guests and kids, so there was plenty of space for people to move around without it feeling sparse. The staff was also very kind, professional, calm, and helpful through the planning process and during our wedding itself. Kellie was there during our wedding, and working behind the scenes everything ran smoothly, and my husband and I could enjoy our wedding and spend time with our guests without worrying about other details. We are so appreciative of the staff - you hear stories from others about how stressful the day can be, but our wedding was as low-stress as I think can be possible. They also know how to run an event inside and out, coordinate very well with caterers and other vendors, so we did not have to worry about that either. Hands down we'd recommend the Historic for anyone out there planning a wedding or other event!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Krista M

My husband and I had a really great experience with having our wedding reception at Historic 1625! We planned the wedding from a couple states away (we live in Utah), but the staff were friendly, easy to talk to, and they quickly responded to my emails. I only visited the venue... Read More once before my wedding, but the staff were organized and they communicated well with my caterer, so everything was planned well and turned out just how I envisizoned. Although we wish we could have had a little more flexibility but not having to choose a caterer from the preferred list, they had an ongoing relationship with our caterer and so knew how to work with them and communicate with them easily since they had worked with them before. This venue was also flexible and willing to work with me to help meet my special requests, which was really appreciated. The car show portion was a nice, special touch that kept our guests entertained as we took pictures, and the building itself is spacious, clean, and naturally beautiful. Few decorations were needed, which was helpful for me as an out-of-state bride. Thanks, Historic 1625, for meeting my needs and helping to make my wishes a reality. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jason T

Choosing Historic 1625 was one of the best decisions my husband and I could have done. The pictures that have been posted on their websites is exactly how the venue looks-absouletly amazing! Historic 1625 was a perfect place for us--the brick building, wood beams, the tile... Read More floors gave it a modern luxury finish against the industrially cityscape outside. Kellie was a true gem to work with on our special day. She made asking questions simple and easy. Kellie always responded to emails right away and sincerely wanted to make our day special. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Gina F

We had our wedding and reception here on October 1st of this year. I had booked our reservation a few years in advance but kept in constant contact with the event staff. The event staff was amazing and very flexible. They were always willing to answer questions or help me with... Read More issues. They send reminders of what needs to be done in a timely manner, which is helpful when you are juggling all that goes into planning a wedding. The event staff was also very helpful for the rehearsal and the wedding, helping with the flow and directing vendors and guests in a friendly and professional way. We even received a thank you card for our business and compliments on our decor, ceremony and event. They have a very personal touch. They also helped solve issues the day of so I didn't have to worry about anything extra on the day. The venue itself is stunning, I barely used any decor because the place itself really shined. I had lots of compliments from guests about how comfortable, cozy and beautiful the space was. The space they have for the groomsmen was a perfect hide away hang out, and the bridal suite was perfect for just enough privacy but close enough to communicate with vendors and staff if need be. I also used this room for breastfeeding moms and they loved it. We had about 200 guests including children, and it was the perfect amount of space. I would recommend this venue to any bride and have told many people about it. I really think this venue is reasonable in price, has amazing staff, and is the perfect space to celebrate your special day.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Ireri V

We had our ceremony and reception here in September. They did an amazing job making sure things went smoothly. Even before the wedding they were readily available and checked in to see if we needed any help with planning. The staff is wonderful and the place is beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Felicia j

Cannot even explain how amazing this place is. Staff, building, amenities. The staff are so nice, respond to all questions really quick and have no problem with you stopping in to make payments and of course have another look around. My guests just RAVED at how gorgeous this... Read More building was, the uniqueness and the cars were a HUGE success. It was also a major deal for me having a handicapped younger sister. She could move about freely and the bathrooms are accessible and they were so nice as to put her table close to the bridal suite so she could get away from the commotion if she needed. My pictures are perfect and I'm so glad this was the building for our perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Alysha M

My husband and I just got married here in September. we are from tacoma and would not have chosen anywhere else. Perfect space and size. We had accounted for 150-175 guests but could've had more. Everyone that works there and everyone they partnerd with as such as vendors super... Read More helpful and awesome. Everything went so smoothly!!! The venue is beyond beautiful and doesn't need much decor to make it pop. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! ❤❤❤❤

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kendalyn H

Fabulous place for a wedding. Everyone was so helpful and the venue is beautiful. It's a plus that not a lot of decorating needs to be done because of the atmosphere. Both the bride & groom areas are very nice and comfortable to get ready in. We also took advantage of the... Read More car package for the cocktail hour which was a HUGE hit with our guests. Couldn't have been more happy with how everything turned out...it was the perfect venue for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Alexandra C

Choosing Historic 1625 was the best decision we made for our big day. Wedding planning can be really intimidating, stressful and challenging at times, but Historic made the entire experience painless and very smooth. The venue was simple but so elegant and did not require a lot... Read More of decor and that was a big selling point for us.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Amanda W

Before even visiting historic 1625 we knew we were going to love it. From the initial tour to our wedding day, and all the little visits I made in between, they were amazing. Our wedding day went by flawlessly with help from Haley the coordinator. We got SO MANY compliments from... Read More guests on how beautiful the venue is. The staff is wonderful, always replies quickly to emails (I had many questions, pretty much daily) which I found very helpful. They were alway willing to do whatever I needed to make things as smooth and simple as possible. It was the best day of our lives and a good amount of that is due to historic 1625! Would recomend to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Katie T

A beautiful event location! Kellie was great in organizing the day for us. There were a few snags along the way, but everything was manageable. There was a mix up on the time they thought we arrived and so they were expecting us 2 hours later than what my timeline was set for.... Read More However, the owner opened the doors for us and helped get things in order. We were set back in the schedule, but it was handled for me and was not a stressful situation. We were also disappointed that there was not availability for us to take pictures near the cars without having to pay extra. I feel that a single staff member (maybe Kellie)would have sufficed in watching over us while we took pictures. However, the venue wanted to charge us $400 for a single hour of time with the cars, that we would not have been able to enjoy. This was disappointing, but also spelled out in our contract so we should not have been surprised. Finally, Kellie was great in helping me get things set up and planned throughtout my entire planning process. She graciously met with us multiple times to cover legistics. I just wish she would have checked in with us during the wedding day. I was under the impression that she was supposed to be our go-to person if we needed anything and I didn't speak a word to her until things were being cleaned up. It would've been nice to get a check in with her, especially after the time mix-up earlier that day. However, the day was pleasant and the venue was beautiful! I would recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Haley W

Historic 1625 was the perfect place for our wedding. Kellie made planning a breeze, between helping with our layout and plans to helping run rehearsal. We are still hearing compliments about this venue from our guests! I would recommend this place to everyone!