• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Farm + Ranch, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

475 Shady Lane, Manchester, PA

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Addy S

If I could give a million stars I would!!! I am absolutely obsessed with Historic Shady Lane! I am so happy that We found this site for our wedding this past May! Lauren is out of this world amazing and goes out of her way to help you with everything throughout this process even... Read More down to the easiest things the day of!! I always heard horror stories of couples weddings and things going wrong, not here! Everything is set up for your day when you go on your final walk through DAYS before your wedding date! They coordinate everything with your vendors so that everything runs smoothly which was more than a coordinator could do! Historic Shady Lane was definitely our hidden gem, everyone was in awh of the beauty it held! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :)

2016-06-22T21:25:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much for your kind review! It means the world to us to know your wedding day went so well and that we were able to play a part in it. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness <3

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Nate A

I would not have changed ONE THING about the venue that I got married at. Historic Shady Lane was beyond perfect! The way they treated us was so comforting and helpful and supportive. From the morning on they provided us with everything that we needed and was around if we needed... Read More more help. The area is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! My photographer LOVED taking pictures because we were in the perfect location!! We had planned on having my ceremony outside…however, it rained. Even in that chaos and stress the staff at Historic Shady Lane went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make my day perfect. and they did. They made sure my guests knew where to go and made sure there was a place for them to wait out of the rain. They made the reception tent look even more beautiful so that the ceremony could be inside. They honestly took all the stress away from me and my family and made my wedding day the best day of my life. If I would do it all again, I would choose Historic Shady Lane again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Loganne S

This place is beautiful and we fell in love with it right away. Steve and Lauren were very helpful in giving suggested vendors, options for the ceremony and reception, and flexible payment options. There was just a slight mishap when the guys den flooded due to the air... Read More conditioning and also the air conditioning for the tent (reception) was not available for the day of the wedding when it was extremely hot outside. Otherwise, the golf cart rides were helpful, the parking situation was great, and the location was very clean and amazing - also had very nice bathrooms for an outside wedding.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Jamie H

Lauren and Steve at Historic Shady Lane made our wedding process so easy and flawless. Lauren was in constant communication with me throughout the months leading up to the wedding and answered every little question with ease. She made me feel so relaxed about the entire thing!... Read More The venue is absolutely stunning!! Everything about it screamed with beauty. Our guests were floored by the ceremony space, green house and reception tent area. My husband and I's experience was completed by the relaxing locations to get ready for the day. He enjoyed the den with his guys. They were able to all get ready together and greet guests as they arrived. The girls and I enjoyed the bridal cottage where we leisurely enjoyed the breakfast we brought, had a hair dresser come to us to make us beautiful, and enjoy each others company. There was plenty of space in the cottage for our family to pop in and say hello! Overall, this place is amazing! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Heather F

I truly can't say enough to praise Historic Shady Lane and their crew. The moment my husband and I saw the venue, we knew it was for us. From there, we were walked through every step of the way by Lauren who was an absolute pleasure to work with. She has the patience of a saint... Read More dealing with my dozens of silly questions and was always prompt in her responses. They were so accommodating with planning our rehearsal in the pouring rain and ensuring that everything was set up perfectly for our wedding day. The bridal cottage was BEYOND perfect for getting ready, the salon really sold it for me. I wish I could give HSL more than 5 stars. They deserve every ounce of praise they receive and more.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Heather S

We absolutely loved this venue! Not only is it gorgeous but Lauren and Steve are so wonderful and friendly to work with throughout the whole process! All of our guests loved the venue and could not stop talking about it after the wedding! I cannot say enough great things about... Read More this venue and about Lauren and Steve! Thank you for making our day extra special! We would recommend them to everybody!

2016-06-22T21:26:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! We loved working with you and are so happy you were able to have an amazing wedding day. Best wishes for a beautiful future together! <3

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Courtney R

I wish there was an option to give MORE stars! Where to start? First and foremost, Lauren, the on-site coordinator, was hands down the easiest and best vendor contact to work with throughout our entire wedding planning process. She was quick to respond, thorough, and SO helpful... Read More at all times. No question was ever a dumb question! Second, my goodness, the property!!! The second we stepped foot on the property we knew it was our dream venue! From the beautiful landscape to the homes on the property to the greenhouse... you just can't go wrong with having a wedding here! And last but not least, just the overall friendliness that we received from Steve and Lauren through the planning process and the day of our wedding. It was beyond appreciated!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Courtney E

The owner and staff at The Historic Shady Lane were excellent to myself, now husband, and family. Quickly responds to all emails and phone calls. They also have unique antique items to rent in addition to the drop dead gorgeous property. There are tons of photo opportunities for... Read More your photographer and guests! Thank you to The Historic Shady Lane for making my day great! Btw golf cart ride to my wedding ceremony was super fun! Haha

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Paulette K

The moment Dave and I went to visit Historic Shady Lane, we were in love. We knew it was where we were going to have our wedding! From the beginning, Lauren was there to help! Lauren and Steve were the best to work with and the upgrades that they continue to add only shows how... Read More much they care about the property. I could not have imagined a more perfect place or better people to work with to make my wedding day the best it could be! Mother nature was not being the friendliest but Lauren and Steve were very flexible and accommodating. The stress was just lifted off of me and we had our outdoor ceremony right before the rain came. The guests were in awe of the greenhouse and magical feeling you get when you're inside. I love all of the lights and chandeliers. My favorite part was being able to relax in the bridal cottage and have the salon come to me instead of driving all over to get ready. Every possible picture taken at Historic Shady Lane will be beautiful because the venue is full of lush landscaping, vintage decor and plenty of places to capture the many moments throughout the day. I could not be happier with how my wedding day was and there's no doubt in my mind that Dave and I had chosen the right place! Historic Shady Lane is incomparable and will truly make your wedding memorable! Thanks so much, Lauren and Steve!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Jessie B

As soon as I saw the pictures online, I fell in love with HSL. When we visited the venue my then fiancé also fell in love with it. We cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience was. Lauren was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls and is so sweet.... Read More Lauren always had an answer or solution for us and worked so hard to make our day perfect. On the day of, there were some unexpected issues (people who had lent us items decided to remove them that day - including tables, drink dispensers, candy jars, cake stand, etc) which Lauren and our caterer (Tasteful Occasions) handled amazingly, providing all the items which had been taken away. Meanwhile, we remained blissfully unaware of most of the issues. When I saw everything it was absolutely perfect and more beautiful than I had envisioned – no one had a clue anything had ever been amiss. The venue itself is absolutely stunning and HSL was making sure the landscaping and everything was perfect right up until the day of. The Bridal Cottage and Men's Den were very convenient. All of our guests kept commenting how impressed they were with our venue. We cannot say enough good things about HSL - everything was exactly as we had hope for and more!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Megan B

I don't even know where to start. Our experience at HSL was amazing. The venue is unbelievably beautiful. My husband and I first toured the property in January and fell in love before there were even leaves on the trees. That is how gorgeous this place is! They are constantly... Read More making upgrades. The bridal cottage was perfect to get ready in and beautiful for pictures. Steve & Lauren are both so friendly. We immediately felt like old friends. They were very accommodating of all our decor ideas and we found all of our amazing vendors through a list of suggestions they provided. Lauren was great and so helpful. One night she responded to my midnight email within thirty minutes! The wedding went off without a hitch and we are so grateful for all of their hard work. They helped make our day perfect and we can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Christine R

I cannot even count how many people are still telling me how beautiful my wedding venue was! I think, "stunning" was a word I heard over and over throughout the day. Even the best photographer can't make a venue look as beautiful as this place is. It is truly like you escaped... Read More to a destination wedding. We are so grateful for everything Lauren & Steve did for us. Two people who are truly dedicated to their customers (which is a weird word because they treat everyone like family). All our love -- thanks so much!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Katie K

There are so many amazing things to say about Shady Lane that I am not even sure where to start. My husband I were married here on 6/5/15. I have been so excited to write this review since the moment we knew this was our wedding venue. We had been blown away from the very... Read More beginning about this place. My husband was set on this venue when he saw the gorgeous grounds and historic, unique buildings on the property. I fell in love time and time again as we walked around and there was yet another surprise for me! (truly, the bridal cottage is what got me!!) Shady Lane is much more special than any venue I had seen (and I researched everywhere!) I had a very detailed checklist for a venue and Shady Lane had MORE than I could have thought of! First off, if it wasn't for Lauren and how amazing she is, I wouldn't have had the perfect experience that I had. She was there for every email, text and call to answer ALL my questions. I truly felt like the ONLY bride getting married there this year. That is something every bride wants. Some venues try to push as many brides through as they can to generate income, but it is totally different here. Both Lauren and the owner, Steve, truly care about you and want to do everything in their power to help you make sure your day is perfect. They are so accommodating and always offer help and advice. This venue creates for AMAZING photographs and had tons of wonderful photo spots. What I most loved about Shady Lane was that even if bad weather would have come, I was relieved to know that there are gorgeous alternatives (greenhouse and tent). Not every venue has that. You are able to bring in your own caterer (good luck trying to find a venue like this that allows that!--this was HUGE for us!) The bridal cottage was an entire house for getting ready. My bridal party, mom and mother-in-law were all able to relax and just take in the day (on the property!!!!). That is a big deal. Wedding days go by so quickly for everyone. And to be the bride rushing around from here to there is not fun. This allows for everyone to be together and enjoy themselves! The guys loved the men's den! They were able to hang out on the property as well, relax, and get dressed all while the photographer is able to capture these moments. There is not one single thing I could even think of that would be a negative about Historic Shady Lane. I would recommend this wedding venue over and over to anyone. We had the best day of our lives and seeing the breathtaking photos of ourselves on the property is something we will cherish forever. Shady Lane will no doubt soon be a venue that brides will travel to from very far for their special day. I am lucky to be 30 minutes away from the most perfect wedding venue in PA. It is something very special to have all your guests tell you that this is the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. The venue gets all the credit. -Tony & Katie Cutia

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Lindsay B

Words cannot express how much I loved my day at Historic Shady Lane, but I promised that I would write a glowing review, so I will try. From the moment we started communicating with Lauren, the process of reserving the estate went smoothly. We looked at a few other places,... Read More but none felt right. When we toured the property with Steve, he told us about the history and showed us the variety of places available for pictures and ceremony sites. One of the things I loved most about this venue is their flexibility—they will work with you to have your ceremony and reception where you want it and how you want it. They will drive your grandparents up the hill in golf carts. They will make sure set up goes smoothly and you have everything they need. Lauren and Steve will work with you to make sure your day is not just what you imagined but better. In addition to the helpfulness of Lauren over email, the kindness of Steve as a crazy bridal party descended upon the site to set up Sunday morning, the all-encompassing beauty of the property there is one other fact that truly stood out to me when my husband and I were looking for venues. While Historic Shady Lane will recommend vendors to you, there are none that you are required to use. This was especially important to me because my wedding vision included a very specific type of catering (barbeque) and alcohol (craft beer). Yet another selling point of this gorgeous venue (do you need more?) is the inclusiveness of the estate. With men’s den for the guys and a bridal cottage—complete with salon—for the ladies, it’s easy to spend the whole day on the property. And, when everything doesn’t go as perfectly as planned and you, as a bride, take longer than anticipated to get ready, it’s okay! Because there’s foosball and a dartboard for the guys. And you can play foosball with your soon-to-be husband when you find out there’s a traffic jam on Route 30 and delay the start of your ceremony for a bit and your entire party queues in the men’s den because it has a great air conditioning vent. Once again, I cannot sing the praises of Lauren and Steve and their crew at Historic Shady Lane enough. We had an amazing day.

2015-05-22T11:19:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review. It truly means so much to us that you had such an amazing time at the estate. We're so happy we were able to work with you! Best wishes for a truly beautiful future together, complete with... Read Less Read More

The perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Melissa C

Historic Shady Lane is the perfect place for any bride to have her dream wedding!!!!! Steve and Lauren are wonderful!!! The place is breathtakingly beautiful and they will pretty much accommodate anything you have in mind for your big day. Lauren was an absolute joy to work... Read More with...she was upfront and to the point and professional but at the same time I felt like I had a friend! I planned my entire wedding in only 10 weeks! I was missing deadlines left and right but Lauren stuck with me and helped me out where possible and remained upbeat and friendly the entire time! They may be a little pricey but they are honestly worth every penny! I didn't have to worry about a thing the entire day! I would recommend them and this beautiful place to anyone looking for the absolute best wedding experience!!! Thank you Lauren and Steve for making my dream wedding a reality!!! 😄

Everything we always imagined!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

Historic Shady Lane's staff were amazing to work with. They were so professional and right on top of things. The day of our wedding we had some delays due to unforeseen circumstances and they were so patient and so easy to work with. Steve really takes the time to make sure... Read More everything is perfect for the couple. I recommend this venue to anyone who wants a beautiful setting with the ease of knowing everything will go well. I can't explain how thankful I am to them for making our day perfect!

Simply. Incredible.

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Julia B

Steve and Lauren from Historic Shady Lane are simply incredible. They went above and beyond for me in every way. From providing help with floor plans and decor, to calming me and providing vendors for tent rentals when I realized it was going to rain on all my guests! Steve even... Read More brought us one of his personal frying pans from his house to make breakfast with when we realized we had not brought an extra one to cook breakfast for ourselves at the bridal cottage- something that seems so insignificant, but makes all the difference when you're a bundle of nerves! It made me feel like we were his personal guests- which is such a wonderful feeling to have on your wedding day. I always felt like I was in extremely capable hands throughout the entire process of planning my wedding. Even though there were 3 weddings on the weekend of my wedding (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), Lauren and Steve made me feel like I was always the top priority, a sentiment I'm confident they provide to every single bride who chooses their venue for their wedding. My guests thought the estate was simply breathtaking and they especially loved the greenhouse for cocktail hour. The vintage rentals they provide are also a great resources to truly capture the vintage feel of the estate. Additionally, my other vendors (photographer, coordinator and lighting) told me that they found Steve and Lauren exceptional to work with. As a wedding vendor myself, I think that this is one of the highest compliments a venue can receive. I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else and my wedding day was perfect. Thank you for EVERYTHING, Steve and Lauren.

A true fairytale wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Noelle C

I can't say enough good things about the Historic Shady Lane! I am still in awe of how beautiful it is and how amazing our wedding day was!! Steve and Lauren were great to work with throughout the whole planning process. I must have sent Lauren at least 20 e-mails with questions... Read More while I was planning, and she answered them in less than 24 hours each time and didn't seem to get annoyed with me at all :) Our wedding was on September 21st and we are still hearing how beautiful the property is from our wedding guests and also others who are viewing photos that our photographers have posted. There are SO many different locations for photos on this property - it is a photographer's dream. Our photos that we have seen so far are absolutely stunning. Having our wedding at this venue literally made my fairy tale wedding dreams come true! I would HIGHLY recommend the Historic Shady Lane to anyone! There is no way you will be disappointed!!

Romantically Vintage Chic!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Molly C

The moment we arrived at the venue for our first tour, I instantly fell in love! The owner, Steve Kohr, took so much time to show us around the venue and help explain to us how the big day would go. Over the next few months, the venue wedding coordinator, Lauren Stine, was more... Read More than helpful at answering all of our questions and responding promptly to all of our emails and requests. By the time the day came, I felt confident that our wedding day would go exactly as planned! The day of the wedding, Steve and his staff were very attentive to our needs and kindly chauffeured our guests and bridal party on numerous golf carts around the venue. The venue itself is breathtaking. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful everything was and how it was the perfect place for a wedding. My husband and I chose a vintage travel theme for our wedding which was complimented perfectly by Shady Lane. We were even able to rent antique furniture to stage the rose garden and greenhouse. We HIGHLY recommend this venue and its staff for your next event. And we promise that your wedding will be everything you always dreamed it would be... just as ours was!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Megan M

Carl and I could not be more pleased with our experience at Historic Shady Lane. When we visited last summer we immediately knew we had found our wedding venue. Steve and Lauren were outstanding to work with. The grounds at Shady Lane are impeccable thanks to Steve's hard work.... Read More So much of our planning process was made easier with the help of Lauren. They have thought of everything..big and small details, making our wedding day absolutely perfect and unforgettable. Thank you again for helping to make our wedding vision possible! We would highly recommend Historic Shady Lane, as our expectations were beyond exceeded.

Awesome venue and hospitality!

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Kelly M

Shady Lane is a gorgeous venue with so many options for incredible pictures. Steve and Sue (owners) along with their team take great pride in providing you with the most beautiful setting. The staff is wonderful to work with: very helpful and always present in case you need... Read More anything. The bridal cottage and men's den were a very nice feature. The cottage was gorgeous inside which offered so many additional picture opportunities. I highly recommend using this venue! You will have an incredible experience and wonderful pictures!

A fabulous wedding day on 5-18-14!

Reviewed on 6/28/2014

Historic Shady Lane (HSL) was an amazing choice right from the beginning! My now husband and I were impressed with beauty of the property, the staff, and the overall flow of our wedding process in working with HSL. When you first step foot on HSL, you feel as though you have... Read More found a treasure. The many stone buildings give you an elegant vintage feel while the vast yard space and greenery give that natural earthy tone that was also very important to me. The venue site is very spacious with numerous locations for a beautiful ceremony site. Many guests commented to me after the wedding how when they initially pulled up they were amazed at the beauty of the place and thoroughly enjoyed exploring the property during the course of the day. Unique to HSL is a rustic greenhouse great for cocktail hour, and many layers to the main house allowing natural staging for a ceremony site. We had yard games at our wedding and the set up was perfect with the greenhouse close by for appetizers then the wide open space for games. I could go on and on about the beauty of the location but check it out! I went there in the middle of winter with snow on the ground to look at it and its beauty even then captured me! The staff are extremely accommodating, organized, and very realistic to work with! As a bride you want to choose a place that is stress free knowing your day is in good hands. HSL staff were prompt, quick to return phone calls or emails with questions I had, and were upfront with costs. I so appreciated working with people that were honest and did not try to add costs as our wedding process progressed. They took care of many details and were so great to work with! Lauren, the communications coordinator, would even help give me information relating to details outside of HSL that she had experience with! So much is included in the price of the HSL package. It was wonderful not worrying about renting a tent, table, or chairs, parking, AND on top of that trying to coordinate with more people. HSL has a beautiful reception tent with lighting that is gorgeous! The staff sets up the tables and chairs for the ceremony and reception. The property also saved me lots of money on decorations since it has many gardens and flowers. OH and not to mention the wonderful bridal cottage to get ready in which is spacious, clean, and wonderful for pictures! You would be silly not to at least visit the property or talk with Lauren and Steve about if HSL would be a good fit for you. I was not disappointed with my venue and can't thank you enough HSL for making my wedding day so very special! It was a joy to work with you Lauren and Steve =)

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Kristin B

Historic Shady Lane was the most perfect venue for my wedding! We did everything at the venue which was so convenient! Steve, the owner, was amazing the whole day and assisted when needed. I highly recommend this venue to anyone! The pictures do not do it justice. I could not... Read More imagine my wedding day being at a more perfect venue.

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Krystal D

My husband and I got married here May 17, 2014. This was our last stop when looking for venues and I just knew it was the one. I can't say enough about how great the venue is. Shady Lane is a huge property that offers so many different aspects I was asking for my wedding. The... Read More bridal cottage was absolutely perfect for 12 girls to get hair and makeup done the day of the wedding. Steve, the owner, and Lauren, the communications director, were so involved and offered so much help for every detail. Lauren and Steve went to above for us and made our wedding more than we could have ever expected. We got married at the rose garden. It was perfect to walk down from the house and over the bridge. Cocktail hour was just perfect at the greenhouse and it allowed guests to truly enjoy the beauty of the property! The new tent is gorgeous and has drapery and chandeliers already installed! It made the whole tent look so elegant. I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue. We had the wedding of our dreams at Historic Shady Lane.

2014-05-29T12:04:20 Response from the vendor

Krystal & Kyle - We're so glad you had a great experience at Historic Shady Lane! Thank you for your review and assisting other brides in finding a venue. We wish you the best for the future! The HSL Staff

Historic Shady Lane = My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Heather L

Historic Shady Lane was the first wedding venue my fiance and I visited and 5 mins. into the tour, I knew that's where I wanted to say "I Do". The estate is absolutely beautiful. There are so many options for the ceremony: the patio, the rose garden, the greenhouse...The tent... Read More on the hill is huge and perfect for the reception and so beautiful inside with the drapery. Steve, the owner, and Lauren, the coordinator are amazing to work with. They went above and beyond to make my wedding day perfect, and I can definitely say I had the wedding of my dreams there on May 3, 2014.

2014-05-14T09:18:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Heather & Dane! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your special day, and we can't thank you enough for allowing us to play a part in it!

Meet The Manager

Lauren Stine

Hi there! I'm Lauren, the Director of Historic Shady Lane. From the time a couple inquires through their tour, planning process, and the day of their wedding, I'm their contact person at the estate! At Historic Shady Lane, we believe in providing top service, which means you aren't passed off to numerous staff members. I enjoy working with couples on creating a vision for their day out here at the estate. I look forward to meeting you when you come for a tour of Historic Shady Lane!

Start a Conversation!