Historic Sunset Station

San Antonio, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Historic & Modern touches in one unique venue

Sunset Station is one of the largest historic special event venues in San Antonio. Our facility offers ten versatile event spaces each featuring a unique look and feel. Enjoy the ambiance of an authentic and historic train depot or create a modern atmosphere with exposed brick walls and beams.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Food + Catering

1174 East Commerce, San Antonio, TX (210) 474-7640

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Elizabeth M

Everyone at our wedding loved Sunset Station. I recently had my wedding ceremony at The Spire and then my reception at The Depot, both locations were wonderful and unique! The dinner was delicious, so many of our guests commented on how wonderful the food was. It was a great... Read More party, and we ALL had a fabulous time. We had exactly the kind of evening we envisioned. Stacy was a wonderful help during the whole planning process! She was very quick to respond to emails and phone calls! I would highly recommend Sunset Station for your next event!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Celina G

REALLY, the best venue/catering provider ever. They worked with us week after week and answered any and all questions we had. The view is amazing, the trains were cool, and the 2-floor building is so authentic. If you're doubting like I was in the beginning because of the... Read More price or nerves, please know it is worth it!...the price is not even that high to be honest and it includes so many perks, it is basically an all-in-one value pack. I can't imagine my bride being happier anywhere else (and that is EXTREMELY important) and this is the reason for so many great memories that my family and neighbors are still talking about!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Colleen D

We recently got married at Sunset Station's venue "The Spire". It was the most perfect space for our wedding and reception, and we knew that as soon as we walked in for the first time. We didn't look anywhere else! Shelley worked with us all the way through the process, and she... Read More was so helpful and very responsive! She offered great advice and suggestions, and she totally got our "vision". We never had any issues with her or any of the other Sunset Station staff. They were so great! On the day of the wedding, all of the wait staff were so friendly and kind. Everyone was raving about the bartender (Peter) and the waitresses, and I'm still getting texts about how nice and funny everyone was! We were just so thrilled with everything with Sunset Station. The RK Group does amazing food, and I'm still thinking about how tasty everything was at the wedding (and I've had several guests expressing their wishes to eat that meal again!) The whole event was absolutely perfect, and I don't think it would have been so perfect if we had done it anywhere else. We are just so over the moon :) We 100% recommend Sunset Station, the RK Group and especially the Spire for a wedding. I want to go back and do it all over again (how soon is too soon to do a vow renewal??).

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Victoria C

I had my wedding ceremony and reception in the main depot of sunset station and it was absolutely amazing! The venue alone is gorgeous and the staff is super helpful (especially Shelly and Gloria). I would recommend the venue to any bride looking for an “all-in-one venue”, this... Read More place does everything for you (tables, linens, catering, china and more!). The location is perfect with great places to take pictures inside and out, the hotel we blocked rooms at was the Staybridge which extremely convenient for us and our guest. I will say being able to walk to the venue from the hotel and then walk to the bar across the street after the reception was awesome! Picking the location made my wedding perfect!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Nicole G

Beautiful venue, food was fantastic and I was not disappointed

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Jenny S

Exceeded expectations! Beautiful venue, great food, professional staff.

Great time...just a bit pricey

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

First of all, we had an amazing time at our wedding at Sunset Station!!! The staff was amazing and provided a night to remember. We were taken very good care of and anything we asked for during the evening was brought to us. The food was surprisingly great! We attended a... Read More tasting and were impressed with the food but we were shocked that every person indicated how tasty the food was and that it was served hot. The venue itself provided quite an amazing backdrop for our pictures which made us quickly realize why we were in a competitive situation for the date of our wedding. Stacy Harrell was great to work with and was always available to answer questions. We received an incredible number of compliments about the entire evening from all of our guests and family. The only negative comment I have is that every single change we requested came with a dollar sign which gave us the feeling of being nickeled and dimed to death. Realizing the style of wedding we wanted, I understand the cost of the food and beverage. However, any special request, linen, additional bartender, non-alcoholic beverages seemed to tipped the scale of what we were expecting. All in all, it was a memorable and incredible night. If you have a night healthy budget for your wedding, this is the place to go!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Sarah B

Overall, Sunset Station was wonderful for our wedding reception! My husband and I chose Depot 4 because it was rustic and relaxed (much more "us" than the fancy ballroom). The staff is sometimes difficult to get a hold of, but once you get in touch with them they are all very... Read More helpful and accommodating. The food and drinks are pricey since you have to use the in-house caterer, Rosemary's Catering. However, the food was phenomenal and multiple guests came up to us throughout the evening to tell us how delicious it was! Our biggest complaint was the parking situation - the lot that had been "reserved" for our guests was filled by another event, so many guests (and elderly relatives) had to walk quite a distance in cold weather.

Tara is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jenn

The venue was beautiful and a great canvas for my vision (depot 4). The price was great, but what really made the experience better was Tara Valdez. She's amazing! She answers all your questions and helps with any concerns. She's always smiling and easy to get along with. Best... Read More person to contact and work with. Thank you so much, Tara!

Tara is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jenn

LOVED SUNSET

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Cori D

We held our ceremony at the Spire and our reception at Depot #4. We live out of town and Stephanie went out of her way to accommodate us with tastings and walk throughs. The Spire is beautifully rustic and you are given a lot of freedom to decorate as you want. The acoustics... Read More were good, however there are some poles that can block views. Depot 4 is great because it has two sides so you can fit more people or use one side as a party dance side and the other for dining. The waitstaff was AWESOME. My husband had a new drink in his hand before he even finished his current one. The food from Rosemary's was AWESOME!!!! I highly recommend them even if you aren't getting married at Sunset. Their prices were reasonable and the food was worth every penny. We were really pleased with how everything turned out.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Tara H

We had our wedding reception in Depot 1 in June 2014. Everything turned out beautifully, and we got so many compliments from guests on the service and the food. Stephanie and the rest of the staff were very responsive and flexible during the planning process, and great to work... Read More with. It is an amazing space, and I would definitely recommend it!

Sunset Station Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/12/2015

Wonderful venue! The facility held 300 guests very comfortably including a dance floor. Food was great, several guests went back for seconds. Rosemary's would be my first choice for caterers for any future function I have. Sunset Station was a beautiful background for all... Read More wedding pictures. The staircase (with the stain glass behind) was perfect for group shots and you could see everyone in the pictures. Pictures of the bridal party were outside in the front garden and around the train engine. Very nice. Service did a great job. Tables were cleaned quickly after the meal and then wedding cake was distributed by wait staff, well done. We had three bars serving beer and wine. There were no lines for service. It was also so convenient to stay in the hotel next door (Staybridge). The bridal party dressed at the hotel and walked over. Wedding guests also stayed in the hotel and were very please with access to the venue. If I had the wedding to do over again, there is nothing I would changed, except let the reception last another hour, everyone was having such a good time!

The Perfect Day

Reviewed on 2/19/2015

I would HIGHLY recommend working with Sunset Station and RK Catering for your big day.Our wedding day was truly magical with the help of Stephanie Olivares and the sunset Station Team! Manny was above and beyond the best captain for the reception for the RK catering group - he... Read More made sure everything ran so smoothly for our guests. It was the perfect day, and I would not change a thing!

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 12/17/2014

It is inherently gorgeous. You really don't have to do much in order to make your wedding day look as beautiful as you hope for! So much space to fill with fun guest activities and a beautiful patio that can be transformed into a romantic outdoor space! Highly recommend this... Read More venue!

Absolute Perfection!!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Leah T

When I first went to see venues I was a bit apprehensive, but the moment I walked into this place I knew it was meant to be. Planning went really well, everyone was so helpful and there was always communication between me and Stacy. The weekend of my wedding they allowed an... Read More extra day for set up which really helped (it was a huge stress relief) The day of the wedding as soon as we got there Stacy who had helped us since the beginning was there to greet us and walk us through. Everything was just as we had planned since day one and was exactly what I envisioned. It was a fall wedding that was absolutely stunning and I will forever be grateful! We had our own server that night for our table who attended my husband and I and his service was impeccable. From the food to set up it was something that you can tell has been done with experience and has been perfected. I cannot emphasize how much I would recommend this venue it is worth every single penny.

Beautiful and Rare Gem in San Antonio

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Emily M

When we were in the intial stages of planning our wedding, we had a list of places to check out. We looked at Sunset Station first, and I have to add we looked no further. This establishment adds a bit of history and flare differing from the typical hotel banquet room. We had... Read More our nuptials in the Spire. It is a gorgeous old church that is on the property of Sunset Station. It is so old and rustic and even without chairs and flowes it is beautiful. Every guest raved about the food and the staff at Depot 1. The bride and groom will have their own wait staff who will assist in any way possible. From filling up drinks to bringing you a plate of food with one of everything. We were told the food was the best they had eaten at any wedding and I will second that opinion. When I walked in to both the Spire and Depot 1 my breath was taken away by their beauty. I was so sad how quickly it was over. To the staff of the Historic Sunset Station and RK group Tim and I could not thank you each enough for the service you provided us and our guests. I would recommend you to anyone planning a wedding.

Elegant

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Amelie M

We had our reception in Depot 1 because it fit the amount of people we invited. Starting with our Sales Manager, Stacy, everything was top-notch. From the day I called she was able to get back to me right away & help me through every step of the way no matter how small or silly... Read More my questions were. She even went on maternity leave & I was helped by another Sales Manager, Shelly, who was equally helpful. As soon as we got there, the day of, the staff greeted us, asked us if we needed anything & even let us know they upgraded our dinnerware at no extra cost. The venue was GORGEOUS! We received so many compliments about how elegant & beautiful out wedding was & how it was the most beautiful venue that had ever been to.

Great experience!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Kendra K

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my reception coordinator, Stacy, and was very impressed with the service provided throughout the process. Stacy was very patient during the planning, providing tons of helpful advice and working within my budget. She also provided great... Read More recommendations for other vendors, although most everything we needed was provided through Sunset Station. I planned my wedding from another state, so it was very helpful to have a one-stop shop in terms of everything Sunset Station provides. On the actual day of our reception, my family and guests were very impressed with the quality of the food, the service of the waitstaff, and the gorgeous venue itself. The Spire was everything I was looking for in my wedding and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 6/23/2014

I shopped around for wedding venues and found Historic Sunset Station online. My (now) husband called and they were quick to respond and send info. What really sold me on the place was how friendly, down to earth, and easy to work with our sales rep Stacy was, and of course, how... Read More beautiful the place was itself. I loved Depot 1 so much that I chose my wedding day based on its availability. It required minimal decorations because the place decorates itself. I was really nervous about how the wedding day would turn out since I had planned the entire event by myself. I was pleasantly surprised and VERY impressed with all the staff on the day of the wedding. They were very professional, courteous, and helpful. They went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly and that the groom and I, and the guests were well taken care of. I received numerous compliments from my guests on how excellent the service was! In addition, the food prepared by Rosemary's catering was delicious. It DID NOT taste like "wedding food"!!! My wedding was elegant, beautiful, and everything I dreamed of! Most importantly, I was completely stress-free and was able to have a good time all thanks to the staff of Historic Sunset Station.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 3/12/2014 Rachel C

We had such a great time at Sunset Station (Depot 1) and the RK group did such an excellent job running the show for our wedding! Everyone thought the venue was beautiful.

Sunset Station - Depot One = Beautiful

Reviewed on 1/20/2014 Sarah H

The actual building is so beautiful...the stained glass, the wooden bars, and staircase are amazing. Make sure you get the stained glass backlit if you are using the venue at night to give your guests the full experience. Rosemary's Catering has wonderful and delicious food to... Read More select from and it matches a variety of budgets. I LOVED WORKING WITH FLAIR FLORAL!!! Oscar and Liz made my dreams come to life, I was speechless and loved it.

Beautiful Backdrop

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Kathy R

We held our reception here and the coordinatore were helpful the food was great and the atmosphere was so memorable. This location provided all we needed in terms of catering, linens, set ups and such and made a great backdrop for our special day.

Michaela

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Michaela

I recently held my wedding in Depot 4 of Sunset Station and used Rosemary's Catering for our cocktail hour and dinner. I worked with several staff members for almost ten months leading up to the wedding. I had a multitude of questions since I was planning our wedding by myself... Read More and have no relatives in town. The staff was pleasant to work with and got all of our questions answered. However, they were very slow in getting back to us most of the time. It would take 2 or 3 emails to get a single response. I understand that they are very busy and schedule multiple events at this location every single week, but I just felt that for the amount of money we were paying they would be more responsive. That being said, this venue ended up being fantastic on the day-of. It was gorgeous, and we got all the help and support that we could ask for. The serving staff was the best part of the night. They were dressed so professionally and so nice to all my guests that I specifically got complements just on the servers! The value was great for what we got which included the space rental/catering/bar/servers/set up/tear down. That is one of the reasons I went for them from the beginning, because they are almost like an all-in-one venue. I know they even recommend DJs and have a floral service as well (we did not use these services). The only downside was the quality of the dinner. We participated in tastings leading up to the wedding and chose to do a chicken dinner as it was most cost effective and generally liked by everyone. The chicken on the day-of was way overcooked and almost un-edible which was a disappointment. I understand it is dangerous to serve undercooked chicken which is why banquet chicken is usually slightly over-cooked and dry, but this went beyond that. However, our hors d'oeuvres and side dishes were delicious.

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Marissa C

We held out wedding in depot 4 and I could not have been happier with he outcome! It was truly my dream wedding. The staff at sunset station were remarkable and the catering from the Rk group was impeccable! My guests would not stop complementing on how beautiful everything was... Read More and how amazing the food was! They made my once in a lifetime experience truly unforgettable!

Start a Conversation!