History Colorado Center

Denver, CO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

History Colorado Center

Create an unforgettable wedding event with an authentic Colorado experience. The History Colorado Center offers a convenient, downtown location with full event planning service professionals and a team of culinary experts. Treat your guests to the History of Colorado with our interactive exhibits set in a clean, modern museum setting. Whether it’s an elaborate reception for 400 guests or an intimate rehearsal dinner for 40, we look forward to creating a custom and unforgettable event in our beautiful Museum.

• Outdoor - Covered

Museum

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1200 Broadway, Denver, CO (303) 866-6870

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Olivia A

My husband and I are both Colorado natives, so when searching for a venue we started with the mountains. We are from Colorado, so let's do the mountain wedding right?? Well, we just could not find what we wanted for our larger wedding. I finally booked a tour at the HCC and... Read More thank goodness I did!!! We immediately fell in love with it. First off, the location is perfect! Right in downtown Denver, this makes it such a fun and easy venue for those visiting from out of town. My husband and I also live in Denver, so it made it easy to schedule appointments with the coordinators rather than having to drive too far away. The venue itself has an option for everyone! We booked the upstairs terrace area for cocktail hour. A fun place for people to gather, take pictures and check out the view. For dinner, we moved people downstairs to the main lobby space with the map of Colorado. It had plenty of space, while at the same time felt comfortable and inviting for our larger number of guests. The vibe of the venue is modern but has a rustic Colorado twist to it which is what we loved about it :) We felt like the overall feeling was what we were looking for in a venue. As for the coordinators, Natalie was THE BEST! She was attentive to our questions and details throughout the process. Making it stress-free for us. Overall, so so happy that we chose the HCC. The day just wouldn't have been the same without this fabulous venue.

Amazing food and service

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Sara M

Booked the Mountain View room for our wedding reception since we really wanted a venue with a view. Unfortunately after we booked the room, they began construction on the Art Hotel across the street, which ended up blocking most of the mountain views. This was not HCC's fault... Read More but still disappointing and made us feel like we lost some of the value of our booking. Beyond the views, however, we liked that the room had dark, hardwood floors and a large patio space to create an indoor/outdoor experience for guests. The food and service was exceptional. Our coordinator Melissa was phenomenal throughout the entire process - so organized and patient. The additional staff that helped the night of our event were also great. The food is so, so good! Our guests raved about it. Highly recommend the macaroni and cheese hors d'oeuvres and the filet entree. The chef was also wonderfully accommodating with a couple special requests. We also enjoyed having our event at a facility that could teach our guests (mostly from out of state) more about Colorado. Giving guests the option to explore the museum during happy hour was a really nice touch. Overall, a great experience and would recommend to other couples.

Fantastic all around

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Robert A

We chose this venue first for the stunning atrium. The music filled the hall and it was awesome. Melissa, the catering coordinator was absolutely fantastic. She was prompt, communicative, clarified where there might be doubt and then did exactly what you both agreed on. We... Read More cannot speak highly enough of this venue and the staff.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Kelsey M

I was very pleased with the way our wedding reception turned out at the History Colorado Center and would most definitely recommend it for events and weddings. The room looked amazing, the view was spectacular, the food was fabulous, and our guests loved being able to tour the... Read More museum during cocktail hour. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because the menu planning process was very difficult due to multiple tasting cancellations, and there were a few minor snags the night of, including the band being given my bridal sweet as their break room and not the room they were previously assigned during our walk-through. Like I said, these were minor snags, and I would most definitely choose them again, if I had a chance to do it all over again.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 NIcole A

Amazing venue, so beautiful. The facilities management was a little slow to respond, but the catering service was amazing.