Hockessin Memorial Hall

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Hockessin Memorial Hall specializes in weddings, offering a unique venue with a personal touch for custom-designed wedding receptions. Located in northern Newcastle County in the charming village of Hockessin, Delaware, this facility is easily accessible for guests. It is centrally located between Baltimore and Philadelphia and is just minutes away from Kennett Square, Pennsylvania and Christiana and Wilmington, Delaware.

The Banquet Hall. This space can accommodate up to 350 seated guests comfortably and includes a polished wooden dance floor. The elegant room has 8,000 square feet of space and can be decorated to meet the couple’s preferences.

Hockessin Memorial Hall offers all-inclusive packages. These packages include a five-hour reception, a cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres, a five-hour bar, a full meal, a wedding cake, a champagne toast, tablecloths, table runners, chair covers and napkins. There are three variations of the main package, although each one can be customized to suit the couple’s preferences or an entirely new package can be custom designed. The hall manager is on hand throughout the entire event to assist with planning and coordination and to ensure that everything runs smoothly from start to finish.

The Simply Bliss Package includes a cold hors d’oeuvres station, a buffet dinner, a five-hour wine and beer bar, white table linen, white chair covers, a choice of colors for the chair sashes and napkins, a custom wedding cake, a bridal table, three cylinder vases with a candle centerpiece and gift, cake and place card tables. This package is best for an elegant reception where there may be budget constraints.

The Complete Elegance Package is Hockessin Memorial Hall’s most popular package. This affordable package includes the same items as the Simply Bliss Package, plus hot hand-passed hors d’oeuvres and a five-hour open bar instead of a five-hour wine and beer bar.

The Absolute Indulgence Package includes extra touches to take the happy event up to the next level. It includes the same items as the Complete Elegance Package, along with a three-course, sit-down dinner instead of a buffet, a signature cocktail, a dessert table and paper lanterns decorating the ceiling.

All food and beverages are provided by the hall with the exception of specialty cakes from outside bakeries that must be approved in advance. Hockessin Memorial Hall offers a choice of existing menu options, but the couple is free to ask for a completely original menu to be created to suit their own preferences. Hors d’oeuvres served during cocktail hour can include dishes such as stuffed mushrooms, spanakopita, Swedish meatballs and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. A buffet dinner can include choices such as chicken breast with herb bread stuffing, flounder stuffed with crab and tri-colored tortellini Alfredo. All china, silverware and glassware are provided.

The couple can visit the Hockessin Memorial Hall and meet with the hall manager to discuss how they envision their wedding reception, in order to begin planning the event. A wedding party reception is given in a private room during cocktail hour as part of every wedding package.

A Beautiful space located in Hockessin, DE

A great venue for weddings with a capacity of over 300 guests. Great wedding packages available or work with our team to customize your dream day.

Ballroom

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1225 Old Lancaster Pike, Hockessin, DE (302) 239-5279

Beautiful Venue / Excellent Service

Reviewed on 1/18/2015 Crystal M

We held our wedding reception at the Hockessin Memorial Hall in October. It was beautiful. You would never believe that the location was a fire hall. They had a gorgeous tapestry coming down from the ceiling interwoven with Christmas lights, inside a huge open space. Everything... Read More is newly remodeled and clean. The manager, Sarah Roberts, was incredibly easy to work with, providing open lines of communication and responding quickly to each of our many concerns. Decorations, a variety of food options, a couple of different dessert providers (including Cakes by Kim,) and an open bar were all included in one, easy to understand, inexpensive package. There were no hidden fees, “upsales,” or ploys to draw more money out of us. For one very competitive low price, my bride and I were able to have a wonderful setting for our reception. -The Nickles

Have your reception at Hockessin Memorial!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Lauren D

I had my reception at Hockessin Memorial and it was amazing! Sarah and the staff there helped me create exactly what I always dreamed my reception would be like! Sarah, the event coordinator, was very patient and worked right along side me planning everything and answering my... Read More million questions! :) The venue was beautiful with plenty of room for my 170+ guest list. The dance floor was so big that it did not feel crowded at all. The food was delicious and cooked right there! The bartenders and servers were socialable and so friendly! Everyone raved about how comfortable the atmosphere was! You would be silly not have your reception there!

Hockessin Memorial Hall Thrills Guests!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

We were really impressed with Sarah and with the Hockessin Memorial Hall. The venue is beautiful for all kinds of occasions, and it was wonderfully decorated for our wedding. The dance floor is just right, and the hall is very open and inviting. All of our guests were... Read More thrilled. Every time that I had a question or concern, Sarah was ready to help and very patient. She helped with all the details to make our reception a huge success, and she even recommended our outstanding DJ, Mike Simmons and photographer, Paul from Foschi. I'm so grateful for the hard work of all the staff at Hockessin Memorial Hall. Could not ask for a better reception.

Wedding Reception Venue

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Meaghan O

I can not be any more pleased with Hockessin Memoriall Hall. My Fiance and I did not have an extremely large budget, so I thought my reception not going to be anything special looking. However, once I discovered Hockessin Memorial Hall I was very surprised at how beautiful the... Read More hall is. You can not even tell it is a fire hall, as you can obviously tell with others. They have a great all inclusive package and were able to work with us to create a custom package. The service was great, the food was great, the decorations was great. We also had the wedding cake included which was from an amazing bakery, cakes by Kim. Sherri was wonderful to work with and I would recommend this to any bride looking to save money without sacrificing on her venue.