Horseshoe Bay Resort

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

A spacious resort with all the amenities needed for an upscale wedding, Horseshoe Bay Resort in Horseshoe Bay, Texas, offers wedding couples various facilities (both indoor and out) for the perfect wedding. With on-site lodging, spa services, a golf course, a lake and even an airport, Horseshoe Bay Resort offers scenic property and versatile planning to make every wedding dream a reality. Couples can choose to celebrate their vows in a number of facilities.

The yacht club sits on the shores of Lake LBJ and offers 25,000 square feet of multi-level outdoor decks that have room for dining, bars, buffets and entertainment. Inside, the yacht club offers 10 rooms for dining and dancing, as well as the open-air Harbor Light Deck. Its outdoor space includes the pool and various lawns and beaches that offer luscious landscaping, white sands and beautiful lake views.

The Horseshoe Bay Yacht offers a one-of-a-kind reception, where couples can celebrate with their guests on Lake LBJ. The yacht features a luxurious private indoor space with a climate-controlled dining room and an outdoor upper deck with two full-service bars.

The Gardens & Whitewater is a tropical oasis, with lush gardens and a variety of birds that serve as a unique backdrop for any celebration. This area features picturesque bridges over pools and has a number of spaces for both large and small events. It also has the 18-hole Whitewater Putting Course, with a patio and the Palm d'Or Pavilion that combines to form an ideal ceremony space.

Slick Rock is another popular ceremony spot, where couples can get married in front of the waterfall on the 14th hole of the Slick Rock Golf Course. This hole is known as the 'Million Dollar Hole,' and it provides a stunning wedding backdrop.

The Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott Hotel offers over 30,000 square feet of indoor reception space. Its 12,000-square-foot Granite Ballroom is a popular spot for receptions. Adjacent sits the Live Oak Lawn, which offers plenty of space for outdoor celebrations.

The Horseshoe Bay Resort assigns each couple a wedding planner to help manage all of the on-site event details. Each event package comes with a number of amenities needed to make the day a success, including all tables, chairs, china and flatware. Additionally, all indoor venues come with a dance floor and staging.

All catering is provided on-site by the resort's culinary team. This team offers many menu choices, which range from casual buffets to four-course seated meals. Each package comes with an hors d'oeuvres selection, a gourmet coffee station and a champagne toast for all guests. Full bar service is also available on-site and couples are not allowed to bring in outside alcohol. Each reception space is available for five hours.

Couples who purchase a reception package receive a complimentary wedding night resort-view room complete with room amenities. A discount room rate is also available for their guests who wish to stay on-site.

Horseshoe Bay offers various package enhancements that allow the wedding couple to have a truly custom experience, including:

• Pin spot lighting
  • Special color lighting
  • Spotlight
  • Disco ball
  • Outdoor heaters

Additionally, Horseshoe Bay Resort's on-site spa and salon offers various services and amenities designed to make the wedding day a special one. Various packages are available to prepare both the bridal party and groom and groomsmen. These hair and makeup services are available right in the bridal suite, making it easy to get ready.

Join us at our Wedding Showcase on February 18th!

Nestled in the Texas Hill Country alongside Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort is the perfect place to tie the knot. With several venues, full resort amenities and world-class wedding planners, we can accommodate all your needs. No matter what your wedding vision entails we can make it come to life.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Country Club, Cruise, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

200 Hi Circle North, HORSESHOE BAY, TX (830) 598-3910

The Most Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Colleen B

I had both my wedding ceremony and reception at the Horseshoe Bay Resort, and I could not be happier with my choice. Both took place outside in the Yacht Club pool area, and I (along with all of my guests) was simply astounded at the absolutely gorgeous view of the bay and the... Read More beautiful set up the resort staff worked so hard on for our special day. Paige Herbert, our wedding coordinator at the resort, was simply phenomenal. She went above and beyond for us. She was very kind, communicative, and ever so helpful. She made our day so amazing--I am eternally grateful to her for all that she did for us. All of the other staff that we encountered were also incredibly nice and helpful. During the four days spent on the resort, everyone we encountered did a beautiful job making us feel welcome. I will be returning to the resort some time in the future to just enjoy all it has to offer (and relax what with no wedding to plan). I can not express how happy I am with how everything turned out. The Horseshoe Bay Resort is like a tropical oasis hidden in the great state of Texas, and I am so glad I found it.

Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Claire W

My husband and I got married at the Horseshoe Bay Resort in July 2015, and it was a dream. Rachel Harris, the catering sales manager, was amazing to work with - she helped make every single detail of the entire weekend perfect. The venue and grounds are beautiful and the food at... Read More the reception was wonderful. I highly recommend considering Horseshoe Bay for any wedding or event.

Best Day of My Life!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015

What bad can I say about my wedding at Horseshoe Bay Resort?... NOTHING! I did a three night wedding weekend, and all of my events were perfect! From the Welcome Party, to the Pool/ Golf Day, Rehearsal Dinner, and the Wedding Day itself- Everything was exactly the way I... Read More wanted it. The views are breathtaking and the grounds are very well kept. And I can't tell you how great the food was at my rehearsal dinner, and wedding. All of my Los Angeles friends were raving about the Texas BBQ we we decided to go with for the reception. But what really made my day so perfect was the staff! Everyone was so helpful and kind to all of my guest. And I can't forget about the best wedding coordinator ever... Rachel Harris! If you decide to have your wedding at Horseshoe Bay Resort, be sure to request Rachel Harris. She will make sure all your dreams come true for you on your special day. Thanks so much to staff at Horseshoe Bay Resort!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Meredith J

Most beautiful, perfect experience I could've ever imagined! I would re-live the weekend a million times if I could. Everyone at HSB Resort did a fantastic job. I would recommend it to anyone! Especially if you are looking for a tropical, FUN celebration. So very thankful to... Read More everyone who made it possible for us!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Miranda J

My wedding at Horseshoe Bay on October 22nd 2016 was an absolute dream come true! The venue was beautiful and the staff was exceptional! Rachel Harris was my catering coordinator and she was fantastic! She always got back to me in a timely manner and always had an answer for... Read More everything! Everything from the tour of the venue to the layout of the space, to the food tasting, to the coordination of the event was absolutely perfect! I was so confident the day of my event because all the staff knew exactly what they were doing! Before my first look with my dad the bar tenders were even giving him some free drinks! We had a bridal breakfast at the yacht club outside and it was s little chilly but they brought us towels to warm up! It would have been nice to have a heater but we quickly went in the sun and it felt great! The bridal suite was nice (needs a little more lighting) and it got pretty cold in there at one point but other than that I thought it was spacious and set up beautifully by the staff! The ceremony and cocktail hour was flawless and to my knowledge the party was a blast! I have to say our favorite part was our boat exit! It was a beautiful night enjoyed by all! I will definitely be going back for our anniversary! Thanks Horseshoe Bay for making my weekend so special!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Austin J

Phenomenal grounds and staff. Every staff member we encountered really cared about us and took the time to ensure that things were going smoothly. This was not only true for my bride and me, but also for all of our guests. We had multiple comments from our guests on how gorgeous... Read More the resort was and how lovely a time they had as families for a weekend get away. Truly a perfect weekend and celebration!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Austin J

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Leigh A

My wife and I got married on 10/1/16 at Horseshoe Bay resort. Rachel coordinated the event for HSB. She was exceptionally understanding of our budget, flexible with our guest count and really understood the in's and out's of a wedding. She listened to all of concerns and met... Read More them with plans of action. We worked with her for over a year on hotel room blocks, cost, food tasting etc. and she always replied with a positive, quick and conscious responses. She answered my wife's endless emails with expediency and never wavered from a hard question. The lawns were picturesque at the Yacht club. We did not have to worry about very much on the day which was quite convenient as I was wanting to focus on the UT game and getting married. Everything went off without a hitch. The food was excellent at the wedding and my mother's rehearsal dinner was perfect. We appreciate HSB.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Marcia L

As the Mother of the Bride, I wanted everything to be perfect for my daughter and future son-in-law. I'm happy to say the day of the wedding we were not disappointed. From the food, to the decorations, to the beautiful scenic view-everything worked out better than we... Read More anticipated. Rachel and the staff at Horseshoe Bay did an amazing job taking care of the details so that we could enjoy ourselves and our guests.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lauren P

Can't say enough good things about my wedding experience at HSB, especially my coordinator Rachel. Everyone was so over the top helpful and sweet. It not only was a stunning location but the food was impeccable. I still get so many compliments on the beauty and ease of the whole... Read More day! Just overall ecstatic with the whole experience.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Chris P

My wife and I were married here and it was the best day! Growing up coming here all the time, I always wanted my wedding to be at Horseshoe Bay Resort. It was everything I could have ever hoped for! Rachel, Shelley, and all the staff went above and beyond to make our day... Read More special.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lauren A

My favorite place in the whole world! Even though we were still in Texas, it felt like we brought our guests to a Caribbean Island! Service, views and food were wonderful. I could not have imagined getting married anywhere else. We did both ceremony and reception on the Yacht... Read More Club side which I felt made our wedding unique.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Paige H

I got married here two weeks ago and could not be more happy!!! Rachel and Shelley were wonderful to work with! The day was absolutely perfect. My dad, husband, and groomsmen all played golf in the morning and had nothing but good things to stay. With golf; tennis; marina;... Read More spa; putting; bike rides; etc, there was plenty of things for my guests to do. The venues are beautiful and Horseshoe Bay made the day stress free. I will forever cherish this day and thank Horseshoe Bay Resort for their excellent service!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Tracy C

I cannot say enough great things about the staff at Horseshoe Bay Yacht Club! This wasn't my first experience working with them, or Rachel - my go-to Catering + Sales Manager, but it definitely proved to be one of the most challenging. With so many moving parts + vendors,... Read More Plans A through C simultaneously accounted for, and an almost-last-minute change in dinner service, Rachel remained calm, professional, and always had a smile on her face. She went above and beyond her scope of work in order to make our client happy. I couldn't have asked for a better colleague to work with nor a better resort to work at.

Fabulous Venue for Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

We had nearly 150 guests from all over the U.S. and Ireland attending a weekend filled with 7 different events - all held at Horseshoe Bay Resort. You can gauge the service level but everything that went right, but I think a better gauge is the staff's reaction when everything... Read More goes wrong. In this case, many of these 7 events were to be held outside (which we had planned down to the minute detail for over a year). When torrential rain and flooding nixed that plan, we collectively moved into over-drive to help give my daughter the wedding of her dreams. I can truly say that Rachel Harris and her colleague Rachel the banquet manager did everything possible to make that happen. I am a very particular MOB and had very specific requests. They continued to work with me on alternatives until I was satisfied. All my special requests were filled. The attitude was to say "yes" or "let's figure out how we can make that happen" instead of "no." Our guests had a fabulous time and my daughter told me the next day that "rain or shine - it still exceeded her dreams." As a mother that is all you ever want to hear. The biggest issue we had was getting people to leave at the end of each of the events. I would say that is a very good problem to have. I cannot thank the two Rachels enough for the personal service they provided and for helping to make this special weekend filled with memories we will cherish forever.

Best place for guests to stay in Horseshoe Bay (hey that rhymes!)

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Brittany K

We recently worked with Paige over at Horseshoe Bay to deliver top quality accommodations for all our guests for our October wedding. The wedding was down the street at a different venue, but the hotel was the most perfect home base for all of our friends and family to stay in... Read More the Horseshoe Bay area! Every night we would all hang out by the Lantana bar downstairs and catch up with all of our out of town guests. Since we live in Dallas, Paige made all the transactions and travel arrangements flow flawlessly - whether it had to do with our transportation to and from the wedding site, food and beverages for our presidential suite, or any other loose end you don't think of until the last minute! I highly recommend booking a room block for your wedding if you are getting married in the area! Side note - we were married during one of the Austin City Limits weekends and Horseshoe Bay was perfect being an hour outside of the city! Just in case you are planning a fall wedding in Austin without all the crazy traffic and limited hotel space.

Fabulous venue for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Julia R

We had a small wedding at HSB Resort and would highly recommend it! Nice selection of venues, ours was at the Yacht Club on the Harbor Lights Deck which had beautiful views of Lake LBJ at sunset. Our seated dinner was just inside in the Captain's Quarters, which was just... Read More perfect for us - many guests commented on what a wonderful wedding it was, and that it was like being in our own home! Paige was fantastic at addressing our questions promptly, and making sure every detail was attended to. We look forward to celebrating many anniversaries at HSB Resort, the service is outstanding!

Stress Free - Wouldn't Change a Thing

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Gretchen J

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Horseshoe Bay Resort. The planning process was very easy and everything was perfectly executed on the day of. It made for a stress-free weekend for me, my family, and friends. The reception was at Palm D'Or Pavilion which is an... Read More ideal layout for a party with the location of the dance floor and the band. Their wedding coordinator was easy to work with and responsive. The food also came out even better than I'd remembered in our tasting. I wouldn't change a thing about the weekend. Horseshoe Bay Resort and their staff are professionals and made sure everything went very smoothly.

Our October Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Horseshoe Bay Resort was the perfect place to celebrate our wedding! The staff was friendly, professional and very accommodating to every one of our needs. The catering team and coordinator made our day absolutely perfect and I would recommend the resort to anyone.... Read More Thank you for making our day perfect!

Beautiful wedding, friendly staff

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Katherine K

My husband and I were married at HSB this past August (2015). When we first booked the venue, we were over a year out from our date. HSB was able to accommodate (with smiles) the fact that we (*cough* my mother ;) ) changed our minds several times on a few things (ie, We did the... Read More tasting for our food in November because we were going to be in Horseshoe Bay anyway. We picked all our food for a plated dinner, but then decided around March to do a buffet instead). The staff (Paige was our coordinator towards the end) was extremely responsive to email, but what really impressed me was her willingness to meet (and to meet at times convenient for us, like 7pm on a Tuesday night) in person when email started to get a bit hectic between all the involved parties. One thing I would recommend to brides is that you should get a day of coordinator if possible. HSB was absolutely great up until the wedding, but if you're extremely intent on getting the details just right, a day of coordinator will fill in any gaps that HSB can't provide (ie, tracking down that 6th bridesmaid who wandered off before pictures, asking you whether you want to allow an open mic after planned speeches and then enforcing that decision, etc.) We were married on Lily Lawn and our reception was held in the Yacht Club ballroom. Both spaces are absolutely amazing, and I would definitely recommend them. HSB also ended up being a great place to get married because it allowed for people to get silly at the reception and then not have to drive home. We did have a little trouble with the room reservation system, but in the end that ended up being a blip on the radar. Ultimately, if you're looking for a place that creates a very immersive wedding experience for the whole weekend, HSB is an excellent option. The golfers got to golf, me and my husband rented jetskis and went wakesurfing the day before the wedding, etc. Also, if you're getting married in the yacht club area, I do recommend the boat departure. One last thing to mention - my husband and I decided not to do traditional wedding cake. We asked if HSB would be able to make Angel Food cakes from my grandmother's recipe and they were able to accommodate this request. Moral of the story is that although they do have a set menu and things to order off of, the experience is still very customizable, you just have to ask. We also were able to special order some beers from a local brewery for our drink selection. Great memories all around. Thank you so much to Paige and all the staff for making it such an enjoyable event!

Waterfront Summer 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Haley W

My experience with HSB was amazing, our engagement was over 2 years so it was a bit different than most but through the entire process the staff and coordinators were very helpful and didn't make me feel like I needed to wait to make decisions. Any and all questions I had were... Read More answered and I always felt like I was treated as if I was the only bride our coordinators were assisting. Being able to have someone guide us through the details of the resort with the most positive attitudes made it even more enjoyable. When it came to wedding day and the weeks leading up, Rachel Harris was amazing (we both feel as if we gained a new friend from the process)The staff and service at HSB is one of a kind and I could not have asked for a more perfect day and truly felt HSB went out of their way to ensure everything was taken care of and exactly what we wanted. All of our guest had a great experience as well and kept saying how nice and helpful the entire staff was during their stay. I would recommend HSB and Rachel to anyone thinking about having their wedding at the resort.

Lovely Resort

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Claudia K

I was so pleased to have worked with Rachel as my contact at HSB. Rachel was informative, patient, and so accommodating. She was delightful and very accessible. The accommodations were comfortable and spacious. The Resort is a beautiful place, offers different backgrounds... Read More for pictures. The ceremony was held at the Lily Lawn which offers a breathtaking backdrop. The Reception Ballroom was spacious and the food was extraordinary. Many guests commented on the quality of the food and the beauty of the resort.

Piccolo Campbell wedding

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at SlickRock Den, it was fabulous. The food was the best I had ever experienced for a buffet serving over 40 people. The ceremony that was rained out at SlickRock Fallas was moved to SlickRock and it was a very pretty setting.The staff was... Read More very helpful and courteous through it all. Our guests were amazed with the food and I think it was a great value. I will highly recommend Slickrock Den to all my friends and family!

Picture Perfect Events

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Horseshoe Bay Resort has several beautiful venues for weddings and events.My favorite are the Magnolia and Aster Lawn...That view of the lake is breathtaking! The staff,from the Event Sales Managers to the banquet staff are always very friendly and helpful.We love coming out... Read More there!

Amazing Venue and People

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jade J

We are so happy we chose Horseshoe Bay Resort to host our wedding and reception! Everyone there from the engineers, to the employees at the front desk were extremely helpful and so nice to all of our guests. Samantha Hanfling, our wedding coordinator, was amazing! We could never... Read More have pulled off our amazing wedding without her! She and the resort are the best and we will definitely be back!