Book Your Wedding with House of Broel

A BACKYARD IN NEW ORLEANS, LA

Envelope yourselves in the southern grace and charm of the House of Broel’s Victorian Mansion and Wedding Chapel. This 1850 Garden District mansion in New Orleans, Louisiana, is the ideal setting for many types of weddings. The House of Broel has been a beautiful setting for weddings for more than twenty years.

located on the main floor of the mansion provides an intimate atmosphere. With Victorian ceilings and antique furnishings the ambiance is charming. The capacity of the ballroom is 200. The ballroom is an elegant space available for both weddings and receptions.

offers both covered and uncovered spaces. The small pond in the spacious garden adds to the ambiance. Available for both weddings and receptions, the capacity for the outdoor garden pavilion space is 200.

in its entirety can also be rented the wedding day. Rental of the mansion includes the use of both the ballroom and the outdoor pavilion as well as the upper floors. Capacity for the entire mansion is 200.

The House of Broel offers two different wedding packages.

The It Just Takes Two wedding package is ideal for a small wedding with 10 to 20 guests. This package includes:

• Ceremony space in the ballroom
  • Use of the outdoor pavilion
  • Floral arrangements including a bridal bouquet
  • A set of 20 photographs
  • Wedding cake and chilled champagne
  • Bridal suite for dressing
  • Interfaith minister to provide the ceremony

The Complete Wedding package offers the exclusive use of the entire mansion. This package is ideal for a larger group, with a capacity of 200. This package also includes:

• Open bar for three hours.
  • Champagne for the couple and a customized wedding cake
  • Buffet style setting presentation for the reception
  • Serving staff
  • A dressing suite for the bride and groom’s use after the reception
  • A selection of honeymoon treats
  • DJ services for the reception
  • Security

Ms. Broel, the owner of the venue, is a certified Interfaith minister and is available to perform ceremonies if requested.

The House of Broel is an award winning venue for weddings and receptions and is reputed to be one of the most sought after wedding venues in the New Orleans area.

The House of Broel Victorian Mansion and Wedding Chapel also provides some unique extras for the guest’s pleasure.

• Dollhouse Museum on an upper floor
  • Frog Farm Museum on an upper floor that tells the story of her Ms. Broel’s father’s frog canning business. Expert catering services specializing in Creole Cuisine

The Most Romantic Site in New Orleans

Known for its warmth and charm this Garden District Mansion delights guests with exceptional Creole Cuisine, attentive staff and unparalleled surroundings – all at an affordable price. The hand painted high Victorian ceilings, exquisite antiques, romantic courtyard and glorious gardens offer a unique background for your special day in this magical city.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

2220 Street Charles, New Orleans, LA (504) 522-2220

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Keira L

Let me start by saying my husband and I booked this place sight unseen. We stumbled upon it online because we were looking for something different. We didn't want a typical traditional wedding in a stuffy venue. We were looking for something more intimate in a beautiful mansion... Read More with gardens and antique decor. We decided to request a quote from this place because it had everything we wanted to offer from indoor/outdoor space to catering/alcohol on site (and much much more). We live in NJ and it was easiest to plan something from afar having most services/amenities included with the space. We received a quote just about a half hr after inquiring! Looking through the website more, talking to Bonnie, researching reviews, and reading the quote over again; we thought this place was too good to be true. It got amazing reviews (I now know why) and we decided this was our place a week later. Bonnie was so kind and informative and offered so much help. She told us not to worry about a thing, and we didn't! The very first time we saw the place in person was 2 days before the wedding. It was even more beautiful in person. The pictures don't do it justice. It was breathtaking. We didn't have to decorate at all, it's perfect! Not even flowers are needed (except the ones you're walking down the aisle with). Our photos came out gorgeous with this house as the backdrop. We hired the in house DJ and had Bonnie perform our ceremony (both optional) and everything was great. The DJ worked with us ahead of time over email to work out a playlist. Bonnie even accommodated us with our preferred brands of alcohol (for a small fee of course). When I arrived the day of Bonnie had some helpers there to greet me from the car, help me inside, get me dressed, and calm my nerves; they were my saviors! They also delegated tasks to my girls so I only had to think about walking down the aisle (which they prepped my Dad and me for, and my husband and best man separately). After a sweet little ceremony we got served cocktails and hors d' oeuvres for the next few hours. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the house was and how good the food was (all from out of town/all over world). They still can't stop telling us it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Thank you Bonnie! We'd do it all over again

2016-11-25T15:26:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 LaShanda E

Our wedding was absolutely perfect!!! We started planning our April 2017 destination wedding in June 2016. We would not be visiting the venue before the wedding, so we depended on communication via phone and email! Bonnie was helpful from the onset! She answered all questions... Read More that I had in a prompt manner! The thing that I loved about this venue is that everything is inclusive! There was no need for coordinating for chairs, cake, alcohol, food, flowers, etc that can really add up!We could show up, get married and be on our way! That is exactly what we were looking for ... a turnkey wedding! Fast forward to our big day! It was amazing! Everyone was in awe of how beautiful the venue was! We got married outside in the courtyard and had our reception inside. The weather was perfect! I can't thank the staff at House of Broel enough for ensuring that my wedding ran smoothly the day of! There was no need for a wedding coordinator, as they made sure the train ran smoothly and we kept on schedule! I highly recommend this venue! The price for what you get cannot be beat in this area! We loved every minute of our wedding at the House of Broel. When it was over, my husband said that he wanted to do it again! Bonnie and staff will take great care of you!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Natjella C

The house of Broel was the perfect back drop to our beautiful wedding. Everything was perfect from the food, music and setting . Our guests cannot stop talking about how much fun they had and how beautiful the place was. Thanks Ms Broel.

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Cynthia M

One of the most beautiful places I have been to. Mrs. Broel was so lovely and sweet. All the people that were there are so helpful with making my special day magical. The photographer took beautiful pictures as well.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Katherine M

The House of Broel was wonderful! Great price and excellent service! Mrs. Bonnie and Denise worked very hard to make sure everything was perfect! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Pamela C

Our daughter's New Year's Eve wedding was beyond our expectations. Everything went exceptionally well, and there are no words that can adequately express our appreciation for the professionalism and helpfulness of the staff. A special note of appreciation to the wedding... Read More coordinators, Cassandra and Denise, for an excellent job in making sure our daughter was "well taken care of." The quality of the food and service we received were first class. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food and how the wait staff "kept the hors d'oeuvres and drinks coming." It was the most beautiful and elegant venue that looked absolutely amazing on that day. Everything (from what we saw) went flawlessly. We cannot recommend this venue highly enough. Choosing the House of Broel was the best decision our daughter made!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Pamela C

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Scott M

"Would not have changed a thing ! " What an amazing venue with an amazing staff. Everyone was so wonderful and kind. Ms. Bonnie has got to be an Angel sent from the Heavens above ! My daughter and her husband were married at House of Broel May 14,2016 . They were living in... Read More Gainesville Fl. and since everything was done from a distance my partner and I were involved in most of the decision making as we live near by. Ms.Bonnie helped us every step of the way. My daughter was a nervous wreck but, when she would speak to Ms.Bonnie over the phone she would get a sense of relief. Ms.Bonnie assured us that everything would be taken care of and WOW, was it ever ! Thank you so much to the entire staff as well as Ms.Bonnie. You guys made a good day an amazing day that will never be forgotten ! Cheers to you all , Happy New Year !

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Amanda A

The House of Broel made my destination wedding easy and enjoyable. I'm not much of a planner, so having an all-in-one place was ideal. Bonnie takes care of almost everything- food, ceremony, center pieces, and the cake from the bakery she is contracted with was AMAZING. She... Read More offers an amazing service for the price.

2016-12-30T12:45:12 Response from the vendor

So happy we could please you on your special day. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 E M

What a beautiful place to have a wedding! It's austere and elegant, and everyone knows it as one of the most famous landmarks in New Orleans! Having checked many places with our daughter (and future son-in-law), we decided on House of Broel to handle the ceremony & reception.... Read More Other places lacked the aesthetics we were looking for or needed to guarantee numbers in order to book. Anyway, the space itself is amazing. The cocktail space was grand in that “New Orleans” and “Southern” kind of way. And when it came to the ballroom, well it was magical! Our family and friends were made to feel at home in the grand style of a southern mansion without being “stuffy”. Rachel W. went above and beyond to make sure the space was set on the day of our event and saw to it that the evening ran smoothly. Thanks to Bonnie, Rachel and the staff at the House of Broel for wonderful wedding memories that will last a life time!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Don R

My wife and I were married by Bonnie Broel at the incredible House of Broel. In fact you can see my wife's wedding dress in Miss Broel's museum. The ambiance, the service , the food, in fact the whole package was first class. Thank you Bonnie for making our day special.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Cam Tu N

This was a terrific venue for our wedding! My wife and I both live in New Orleans, but we had many guests from out of town, so we wanted them to have a true New Orleans experience. We both felt that this venue gave both our wedding, as well as the guests at our wedding, this... Read More flavor. In addition, Bonnie and the staff were incredibly helpful in making our day exactly the way we wanted it. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

2016-07-11T14:32:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for House of Broel. I am so pleased that you all had such a splendid time.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016

Had a perfect weeding because of this amazing house and very friendly staff.

2016-07-05T12:04:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

I recently had my wedding at House of Broel and was extremely pleased. The venue was wonderful, all the staff were very attentive, and the DJ (Bubba) was great. He played a good mix of music and really kept us going. Thanks to everyone from the House of Broel for making our... Read More special day wonderful.

2016-07-05T12:04:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased that you had such a great time!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016

What an elegant experience!! I couldn't have imagined a better evening. Every single part of the event seemleasly merged into an overall dream for my new hubby and myself! I'll never forget what an amazing night this truly was.

2016-06-17T12:17:12 Response from the vendor

I am so pleased that you are happy! Thank you for taking the time to write this review for House of Broel.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Stephanie N

Bonnie was excellent and very gracious. She worked with us in getting everything absolutely perfect for our wedding. She paid attention to every intricate detail and made our evening perfect. Thank you again Ms. Bonnie. We had a great time and enjoyed your venue. I would... Read More definitely recommend her to anyone. She's definitely a class act.

2016-06-17T12:19:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write this review. It means so much to me that you are happy with everything.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Rebecca N

It is the PERFECT place to have a wedding! Mine was the best day of my life!

2016-06-16T19:47:45 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 NolaMomma24

Such a truly magical venue. I had my wedding here at the House of Broel and Bonnie and her team exceeded my expectations. Everything was so wonderful. If you are looking for that special venue with true Southern Charm, then House of Broel is the place!

2016-06-16T16:35:14 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/16/2016

The staff at House of Broel took care of absolutely everything! Was such a load off of my mind, not to have to worry. My friends and family not only had a wonderful time, but many commented on the lovely venue. If you want Classic New Orleans, look no further!

2016-06-16T14:34:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for writing House of Broel this 5 Star review!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

I can't imagine have my wedding anywhere else!! Everything was perfect and stress free for me and my now husband!! I'm so grateful to the staff for making our special day so fantastic!!

2016-06-13T14:36:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this 5 star review.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Cindy

Staff, food and ambiance made our wedding a dream come true. Thanks for the personal touch, Bonnie! My family and friends felt so at home in your home and everyone is still raving about the fabulous food.

2016-06-10T17:09:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for writing this 5 star review for House of Broel. I am thrilled that you were so pleased with everything. We truly take pride with our food and my staff loves what they do. It really makes a difference when their heart is... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Chad O

My now husband and I planned this as a destination wedding and did most of the planning over the phone. Ms. Broel was easy to contact for planning purposes. We arrived a couple of days prior to the wedding and Ms. Broel took us on a complete tour of the facility including... Read More the accompanying museum. She showed us the options for where we could hold the ceremony. We chose the beautiful courtyard to have our ceremony in. The courtyard has a pond and is well maintained. The day of the wedding we were greeted by Ms. Broel and other staff. She opens the venue an hour before the wedding to allow the bride to get ready there. They were all very helpful and made sure everything went smoothly. I had forgotten to tell Ms. Broel that we wanted to include a sand ceremony until I arrived at the House of Broel the day of the wedding. She was awesome and found her script and ran over it with me real quick while I was getting ready to make sure it was what we wanted. I had a bridal attendant with me who made sure I had everything I needed and made sure things stayed on schedule. Ms. Broel performed our ceremony. During the reception, Ms. Broel and all of her staff made sure we and our guests were taken care of. The food was delicious. We couldn't have asked for a better day or venue. It was simply amazing!

2016-06-10T16:19:03 Response from the vendor

Ashley.. You are so wonderful and you made such a beautiful bride. I am so happy I was able to please you and your wedding did turn out perfectly. I told you it was all going to work out. It is always touching when a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

Everything was perfect! The venue was fabulous, and the food was so delicious! All of our guests loved it! Thanks for making our special day the best day of our lives!

2016-06-10T16:30:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for writing this 5 star review for House of Broel.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Aimee V

Fabulous venue!!!! Fantastic food and it was non stop! I can't say enough about how pleased I was!!!! Live love love... Made my special day perfect!

2016-06-10T16:32:00 Response from the vendor

It is always a fantastic feeling to get feedback from my clients. Thank you for writing this 5 star review for House of Broel.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

I am so delighted i chose House of Broel as my venue. I currently live in New Orleans and desired a more unique setting for my special day. Bonnie and her team are truly living our their expertise. The venue, service, food, ambiance all 5 STARS!

2016-06-08T15:08:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for writing us this review!

House of Broel