Houston Wedding & Reception String Music

Houston The Woodlands Lake Conroe Katy Sugarland Magnolia

Houston Wedding & Reception String Music

HSM has been delighting & entertaining thousands of Bridal Couples for Metro Houston since 1998 ---- Surprisingly affordable because we work directly with you---- 24 Professional Musicians offer String Quartets, Trios, Duos, & Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Keyboard, Trumpet, Vocalists!

Instruments

Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Organ, Piano, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Folk, Pop, Rock, Bollywood, Celtic, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Houston The Woodlands Lake Conroe Katy Sugarland Magnolia (936) 525-7609

Reviewed on 7/30/2015

All of our Special Requests were beautifully played by Houston String Wedding Music's Piano Quartet which included 2 violins, cello, and keyboard. What a fun as well as professional group to work with. The Lead Player and Artistic Director, Elizabeth, was extremely helpful,... Read More knowledgeable, and very pleasant with which to work! Everyone is still in awe of our REAL LIVE Music at our Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

We have had the String Quartet & String Trio from Houston String Music play for our Company's Open Houses, Christmas Parties, several employees Wedding Ceremonies, and the list goes on and on....always a pleasure to work with Elizabeth and the wonderful Musicians! Truly the... Read More "Best-of-the-Best" for all types of Music from traditional Classical Music, popular contemporary hits, country, show-tunes, fiddle tunes, and religious repertoire. They are always early, enthusiastic, and attractive in appearances. We highly recommend them...but don't take them on our upcoming Special Events!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

Wonderfully talented "Real Professional" Musicians played for our outdoor Garden Ceremony in May in The Woodlands. Easy and pleasant to work with. They even included their unique WEDDING MUSIC PLANNER to help us select Music. They played our requested Musical selections with... Read More much enthusiasm, grace, and set the mood for our Ceremony with their beautiful Prelude Music! I highly recommend the original and official HOUSTON STRING MUSIC!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017

The fabulous String Quartet from the Houston String Music played for our Engagement Celebration, Rehearsal Dinner Party, Wedding Ceremony, and Cocktail Hour. Everyone was exceptionally impressed by their beautiful music, professional attitude, and appearance. Thank you so much,... Read More Houston String Music for making our Celebrations so beautiful!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Ti H

Elizabeth and the rest of the string trio were incredible and set the tone for our ceremony on 6/17/17 with such grace. They played all of our special requests beautifully! Thank you guys so much!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017

Very professional from the get-go. They are remarkably prompt in returning messages and phone calls even though they are the most popular Chamber String Ensemble in all of Houston. Very courteous and knowledgeable and outstanding Musicians. Our overall experience was beyond our... Read More expectations!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

WOW! Houston String Wedding & Reception Musicians played for our outdoor Wedding Ceremony and made our Ceremony like a Dream Come True. We could not have imagined anything more lovely than a String Quartet playing for our Garden Wedding Ceremony. They gave us an everlasting... Read More memory we will cherish our entire lives!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Houston String Music’s String Trio played for our company’s Open House and gave our company an ‘Upper Class’ status! How classy to have professional Musicians play for prospective and established clients! Very affordable, dependable, and a delight to work with!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

We are thrilled to recommend HOUSTON STRING WEDDING & RECEPTION MUSIC to anyone who prefers real professional Musicians. Not only were they efficient helping us select the perfect Ceremony Wedding Music, they were efficient, punctual, friendly, affordable, and very skilled in... Read More knowing what Music would sound good with a String Quartet. Book them quickly as they are very, very busy Musicians!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Our Wedding Ceremony and Cocktail Hour were made especially perfect by the gorgeous Music provided by Houston String Musicians. Their String Trio played our Special Requests and set the mood for the entire day! We highly recommend Houston String Music and would like to add that... Read More they are very easy to work with and very affordable.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Cindy W

Our sincere 'THANKS' goes to Houston String Music for helping us plan our Ceremony Music long-distance. Elizabeth helped us select the perfect Music for everyone's Processional, the Bride's special Music for (my) big entrance, Unity Candle,a moment of silent Meditation for our... Read More Loved Ones not with us, and of course the big Wedding Processional. Thank you, Houston String Music, for making our Special Day simply gorgeous!!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Apple B

I highly recommend Houston String Music for real, live Musicians! There is nothing classier than a real String Quartet for a Wedding Ceremony. These wonderful Musicians played lovely Prelude Music before our Wedding Ceremony which set the mood for our special day. The Music was... Read More absolutely beautiful and they were so easy with which to work. They expertly guided us on what Music could be played during a Unity Candle, and other parts of our Ceremony. Houston String Music is the best!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Michelle B

Being Professional Musicians, my fiancé and I were very selective in the live Musicians providing the Ceremony and Cocktail Hour Music for our Wedding. We had a String Quartet from HOUSTON STRING MUSIC play the most delightful Music we could ever imagine. Elizabeth, lead player... Read More and artistic director, was very professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and truly an excellent Musician. Thank you, HOUSTON STRING MUSIC, for giving us the most awesome Music ever!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Tasha T

We sincerely thank the Professional Musicians with HOUSTON STRING MUSIC for their attention to every detail, beautifully performed Music, professionalism, and enthusiastic attitude making our Wedding beyond our extremely high expectations. You have been so easy to work with,... Read More knowledgeable, and fantastic Musicians! THANK YOU!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016

We highly recommend HOUSTON STRING MUSIC because they have gone beyond the call of duty with us and our Wedding Ceremony & Reception. They had no problem with us changing our minds about our Special Requests and gave us great suggestions! They are very professional,... Read More knowledgeable, punctual, considerate, and above all else they are wonderful Musicians. All of our questions were answered and they are very easy to work with and they were very affordable.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sam e

Wonderful Musicians who took very good care of all of our needs and preferences as all of our planning was done long-distance. They have a nominal Deposit fee with our reasonable balance not due until the day of Wedding. From the get-go, Elizabeth sent us their handy WEDDING... Read More MUSIC PLANNER guide & incredible Repertoire lists for every genre. Elizabeth was wonderful to work with as she is very professional, courteous, witty, and tremendously helpful. Thank you for giving us the Wedding of our Dreams!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 georgia o

Imagine having real, live, Professional String Quartet Musicians planning for your very own Wedding Ceremony! Houston String Music played for our Garden Wedding Ceremony and provided the most totally awesome Music! They were so easy to work with, very helpful during the planning... Read More of our Ceremony, and their experience & knowledge really was exceptional. They provided us with their own unique Wedding Music Planner guide to help us get organized and they accommodated us by providing a humongous repertoire listing of Music they play. Their list includes tons of current contemporary popular as well as classical Music. They have Music from almost every genre imaginable. And, they even played a Special Request for which they had to purchase the Music for a nominal amount of $9.95.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Brownie p

We couldn't be more pleased with all of these wonderful Musicians. Before even signing-up, we received their price lists, Repertoire lists of Contemporary, Classical, Religious, Ethnic, Show Tunes, etc. We sent a nominal deposit and began working with Elizabeth to select the... Read More perfect Music for the most important day of our lives! The balance wasn't due until the day of our Wedding. Because Elizabeth is so knowledgeable and professional, our planning process was a breeze. Thank you, Elizabeth, for making our Special Day exceed our expectations!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016

Wonderful, delightful Music and Musicians from Houston String Music. They went beyond the call of duty setting the ambiance for our Ceremony with their beautiful Prelude Music. They always arrive early to warm-up & set-up and began playing Prelude Music which had all of guests... Read More eager to get seated and enjoy their Music! They played all of our Contemporary, Classical, and popular requests besides other delightful songs. After the Recessional they played Postlude Music so our guests were treated to even more Music as they were leaving the area. And, Elizabeth was very knowledgeable, helpful, professional, & kind helping us from the very first day. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016

We highly recommend the Professional Musicians from HOUSTON WEDDING STRING MUSIC. Elizabeth made our planning process simple with her knowledge, suggestions, and sincere kindness. She provided us with their Repertoire listings of thousands of songs including all of the most... Read More popular contemporary selections. Incredible Repertoire. And, they even played our Special Requests not included on their list. They are very reasonably priced, easy to work with, polite, and very experienced at playing Prelude, Postlude, and Cocktail Hour Music besides the Ceremony Music.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016

Thank you, Elizabeth, for your professional guidance, and kindness helping us plan for our Wedding Ceremony + Cocktail Hour. You provided us with a very detailed Repertoire lists including all of the best popular selections. Your suggestions were terrific, and we couldn't be... Read More more thrilled with our Wedding Ceremony and Cocktail Hour of Music. Your knowledge and experience truly made this a very delightful experience for us!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristin M

brief complaints: 1. Elizabeth, their admin contact, is horribly unprofessional. 2. They do not have a list of contemporary music they play. You just have to play a guessing game with the admin through e-mail. 2. Keep your e-mails 3. DO NOT pay these people in cash 4. Go... Read More over your contract with them word per word at least 2 weeks before your wedding. In detail: Elizabeth acted horribly unprofessional both the day before my wedding and during my wedding. 7 MONTHS PRIOR TO MY WEDDING: I had requested and filled out a contract booking the quartet to play pop music 7-8 months before my wedding. When she sent the contract over, I added a check mark over the cocktail hour and added the extra into the contract price. 1 WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING: When my wedding planner contacted her the week of the wedding to confirm arrival time, She told her that the cocktail hour was never agreed upon. I saved the original PDF of our contract and when I called her after a week of her and my planner not getting anywhere I was on the way to my rehearsal. I had already told her that we were paying the extra for the agreed upon price for the cocktail hour, then she decided to let us know about the price of the music- which wasn't on the contract. I don't mind paying for something as long as it is in a contract that I signed when agreeing upon a price. She had been aware of the 1 particular song we requested from the 1st email I sent so I feel like the price of anything required to be purchased should have been included in that contract. THE DAY BEFORE: So the day before my wedding I was told they wouldn't be showing up for my ceremony or cocktail hour because if I wasn't going to pay her for sheet music (that wasn't in the price we agreed upon months prior), that she didn't trust that we would have enough money to pay them for the cocktail hour (which WAS in the original contract and we told her we were fine with paying). So I show up crying to my rehearsal at the venue and she calls me back to apologize and say they will be there. WEDDING DAY: My planner and father make sure to hand deliver the balance in cash to Elizabeth while they are setting up--- fast forward to the middle of the cocktail hour. To my surprise, I wander outside in conversation to find no quartet hear nor in site. Apparently, they thought it sufficient to only play half the cocktail hour even though they were paid for the full hour. I even kept every single e-mail we exchanged, including the one when Elizabeth said something along the lines of "I'm sending you the contract, didn't include the cocktail hour, we are still free then so feel free to add it into the contract" where I replied" we added the cocktail hour" and she replied "thank you for keeping us updated." Also we have e-mails where she told us they don't charge for "new" music after she loosley quoted a price for sheet music.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016

Houston String Music provided wonderful Music for our Wedding Ceremony and Cocktail Social Hour in The Woodlands. Everyone was tremendously impressed that we actually had a real, live, professional String Quartet playing all of the Ceremony Music and then had them play popular... Read More songs for the Social Hour following the Ceremony. Their Music was perfect and included traditional classical selections with many contemporary, popular songs for the Cocktail Hour. And, they were very affordable because they are in high demand and play for more Weddings than all of the other ensembles in the Houston area! Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with as she was knowledgeable, experienced, and was quick to respond to all of our questions. Everybody looked great: like real Professional Musicians, which they are! We highly recommend Houston String Music if you want the most highly respected Musicians in SE Texas!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016

We highly recommend the musicians from Houston String Music because they truly provide the loveliest Music! They have only real, professional Musicians, who are very knowledgeable with acoustics, ceremony protocol, and of course their humongous repertoire is incredible from... Read More Mozart to Bach to Bruno Mars to Cold Play to ethnic oldie favorites. And, I found they are flexible and capable of playing all of our specially requested favorite songs! Their rates are reasonable, they are easy to work with and have wonderful personalities.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Erica R

Houston String Music (Elizabeth) did a great job with our ceremony music! Would highly recommend!