Hummingbird House

Austin, TX

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

A Tropical Retreat

The Hummingbird House is a true oasis of colorful flowers, large palms, exotic plants, and manicured greens. We specialize in weddings, rehearsal dinners, and social events. You will feel as if you're a world away, and it's just 12 miles south of downtown Austin. Schedule a visit today!

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$$

Style

Botanic Garden/Park, Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

12805 Arroyo Doble Drive, Austin, TX

Spectacular Setting Run by an Amazing Team!

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Leslie W

Hummingbird is the most amazing garden setting for a wedding and at a fraction of the cost of most of the wedding sites my husband and I had visited (some places up-charge to personalize the setting or turn on existing lights - not HH!!) The gardens are in bloom year-round and the team works together to keep the grounds, indoor and outdoor venues extremely well-kept... And that can be a hard thing to do in the Austin heat! It was the perfect setting for our wedding in late May :) In regards to the team, Danny and Courtney are simply fabulous! They assist throughout the planning process and act as day-of planners, going above and beyond to make your special event spectacular. They are great with communication (especially email) and follow-through, very thorough, and help each couple by reviewing vendor contracts so that you don't experience any unnecessary charges or take on additional stress. Just one look at the venue and you know this is a special place. An encounter with Danny and Courtney will let you know that it's run by a caring and exceptional team!

Hummingbird House is nothing short of PERFECT!

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Marie Y

I don't even know where to begin because I am still so amazed at how wonderful this venue truly is. From the moment we took our first tour of the venue with Danny over a year ago, we knew immediately this was going to be our venue. Danny made us feel at ease, and knew exactly how to make me feel so special as a bride from the moment we met. Over the next year of planning, the staff at Hummingbird House never hesitated to answer my questions time and time again, and never made me feel silly for asking, even though I'm sure they hear THE SAME questions on a daily basis from every bride. Any time I had family or friends in from out of town, I was eager to show off my venue to them, and Danny and Courtney were always there with a smile to welcome them and show us around. The day of the wedding could not have been more perfect, and being able to get ready at the venue and feel totally relaxed was awesome. Courtney and Danny set up everything for us, and made the reception tent looking amazing beyond words. I did not lift one finger, and I felt pampered the entire day! During the reception, I constantly had guests coming up to me telling me how GORGEOUS the venue is and how they wished they knew about it before they got married. A few couples even told me they want to do their wedding all over again so they can have it at Hummingbird House. From beginning to end, this is the PERFECT venue for your special day and me and my husband felt like King and Queen of the day thanks to the beautiful setting and professionalism of Danny and Courtney and everyone at Hummingbird House that help make it a fantastic venue. THANK YOU for making our day so memorable!

8/25/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Marie and Steven!! We had so much fun at your wedding, we really felt like part of the family!! The pictures of your big day are fantastic! Smiles all around :) Come visit us soon!

We love the Hummingbird House

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Pablo A

We celebrated our wedding here taken along the path by Courtney. Since we booked the place late last year we were treated always with a positive and can do attitude to all the stupid questions we had to ask. We received prompt responses to our multiple calls and emails. A run through all the preparation details showed that they really know how to throw a party. We provided our decoration (homemade) and shared out vision. We were amazed as how they carried out and how it surpassed our expectations. The place looked beautiful. Courtney was around and on top of things during the rehearsal, ceremony and reception. We just had to be there and enjoy. We were also surprised with our getaway car loaded with our change of clothes, wallets, cell phones, camera and everything we needed for our wedding night. We are extremely happy with the Hummingbird House and their staff.

7/02/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you Evie and Pablo! We loved working with you both! Your DIY yarn decor was adorable and we had a great time decorating the venue! We're so happy you enjoyed your special day : )

Absolutely love Hummingbird House!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015

Hummingbird House is a beautiful garden setting along Onion Creek which provided an exquisite, picturesque wedding site. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained. It was perfect for my daughter's April wedding. The outlying buildings are wonderfully equipped for the entire wedding party. Courtney was amazing! She took care of all details with a smile and professional efficiency. She and the facility made our wedding experience perfect!

4/09/2015 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We love feedback from our couples and their families! So happy that your day was perfect and honored to be part of the celebration!

Absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Kayla S

I knew as soon as I arrived at HH, on a cold, rainy day in January, that we would have to get married there. It was still beautiful! Our September wedding was stunning and I couldn't dream up and more perfect place with perfect staff to celebrate our day. They were absolutely flawless and had any issue resolved immediately... Courtney is amazing, and I cannot say enough great things about this place.

Exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Sarah L

Courtney exceeded our expectations! The Hummingbird House is an amazing venue, from the beautifully landscaped grounds to the exemplary service, we cannot say enough about how much we love this venue. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Courtney was right there the day of with everything that I needed. We forgot our champagne flutes, but she had extra for us. She assisted us with so many things, I can't list them all! She kept our very rowdy bridal party organized,she pinned boutonnieres, handed out flowers, planned our timeline, layout, and worked with our vendors day of to make sure everything was perfect. Courtney and the Hummingbird House are true gems!

Beautiful and Amazing

Reviewed on 8/04/2014

If you want a beautiful memorable wedding, get married here! Every inch of this place is simply beautiful. I was worried, getting married in late June that it would be too hot or not lush and gorgeous and I was wrong! It was absolutely perfect. Everyone there was so accommodating and easy to work with. So many people have told me how beautiful the venue was. People who have seen our pictures ask me about the venue commenting about how many different backdrops there are in pictures and how amazing the place looks. I am so grateful we chose the Hummingbird House.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Catherine C

The place is a little pricey, but totally worth it! The day of coordinator,Courtney, was amazing! She helped with the day of timeline and made sure everything ran smoothly. The venue is gorgeous, great place for reception and ceremony.

April 2014

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Lauren T

Naturally, the first thing off the wedding checklist must be the venue!! It is an overwhelming search throughout all the wedding websites and Austin local bridal magazines. We looked at the Hummingbird House first in January 2013 for a Spring 2014 wedding date. They had a 10% wedding planner/coordinator discount which made it affordable for us. It was a cold, ugly day when we set up a walk-through mid-week. Even without their usual spring flowers I had seen in the pictures online, it was absolutely stunning. Courtney was there to show up around and she could not have been nicer. They have a greenhouse which they use to keep the flowers/plants that are in that current season available. She was explaining what flowers would be out and where during our projected time of year date. Things that were really attractive to us were: 1. The enormous bridal suite with waiting area, huge bathroom and hair/make-up salon. 2. Separate grooms suite with television, refrigerator, and plenty of lounging space. 3. New bathrooms 4. Tent over the reception area with chandeliers that is up year round that can either be contained for air conditioning or heating. 5. Wrapped “Christmas” white lights EVERYWHERE. 6. Easy and accessible parking for guests and for large buses. The contract was simple and easy to understand. Everything that was included was readily explained and the items that I needed to possibly rent were made available with the preferred vendors list that they provided. I mostly dealt with Courtney via-email but Danny was also super nice and answered my endless questions. Two weeks prior to the end of April, Courtney and I had our walk-through. Everything came together and she was super helpful with all my ideas. The wedding day came and everything was perfect. I heard non-stop compliments on how beautiful the venue was and “how did you find this?!” comments. I would recommend the Hummingbird House to any future brides!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/11/2014 lauren s

This venue was perfect in every way!

Beautiful Venue, Amazing People!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Katelyn S

I have nothing but great things to say about Hummingbird House! From Day 1 Courtney was amazing to work with- she always responded to emails super quickly and would answer all my questions. And I had a lot of questions. During the last couple months I emailed her lists and lists pretty much every day and I always got a timely response. Plus she is super nice and personable! And on the day of she ran things like a pro. Between her and my family and my other awesome vendors, we were able to pull off a big DIY wedding and on the day of I felt zero stress (and I'm an easily stressed person so that's saying something!). Everyone there really went above and beyond to accommodate the extensive set up of everything we had made/built for the wedding (and the break down too!) The venue was truly magical- it was a spring wedding so all the flowers were in bloom, everything was green, birds were chirping... everything was ideal. But I've visited the venue even when it wasn't springtime and it was still gorgeous. They keep it looking like a spring garden all year round. Sooooooo many guests told us how beautiful the venue was, everyone was asking how we found this place! Also, I love that I could get married and have the reception in the same place. I had about 150 guests and I didn't want everyone to have to drive to a new location. Also, it is far enough from town to feel remote but close enough that it's easy for people to go to 6th street for an after party. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Hummingbird House and the people that work there. Thank you for everything!!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 4/26/2014 Dana S

The venue was absolutely amazing the natural blooming beauty that surrounds this venue is breathtaking. The staff was amazing from start to finish Courtney walks you through your entire day and it played it just as she mapped it out. Her assistant was amazing and made our day so extra special, all of our guests had a great time and felt very welcomed. Thank you so much to the Hummingbird House book your wedding today!!!

Amazing Venue!! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 4/25/2014 Erin w

We were married at the Hummingbird House in Nov 2013, and I couldn't have been happier with Courtney and Danny. I worked mostly with Courtney, and she is so organized! She thought out all the tiny details that most brides tend to forget about- things like "who is in charge of your car keys the day of?". She sat down with me before the wedding and went through all the tiny little details that made our day run so very smoothly! Our wedding was 3 days after Onion Creek flooded on Oct 30 2013- and the venue was flooded, but they worked so hard and so quickly to completely restore it. They had crews out the morning of the wedding cleaning the property, and you couldn't even tell it had been flooded when they were done. Our rehearsal had been cancelled bc of the flood, but thanks to Courtney & Danny's awesome organizational skills, our ceremony flowed just as I had envisioned and everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing. The venue is incredibly beautiful- guests raved about it, and there were very little decorations needed because it's already so beautiful. Our pictures turned out amazing- the property offers so many awesome photo ops! We loved the hummingbird house and could not be happier that we chose it. I looked at several different venues, and not only was the Hummingbird House the most beautiful, but we got the most for our money. They included ceremony chairs, and the upgraded reception chairs that most places charged extra for. They also offer a day-of-coordinator and beautiful lighting in the tent and all around the property for no additional charge. (I looked at a venue in New Braunfels who actually charges you to turn on the outside lighting). Thank you hummingbird house, Courtney, and Danny for making our wedding day everything we had imagined it to be!

Best Outdoor Venue

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Lindsey D

Hummingbird House is a complete outdoor venue in Austin, TX. The ceremony space is beautiful and the reception tent is just as stunning! One of the best parts about this venue is the coordinators. They make the entire wedding process fun and easy!

The Claytons Love Courtney

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Molly W

If we could give Courtney at Hummingbird House a 10-star review, we would! We LOVE her. We would adopt her but she's too close to our age and we would have to fight both sets of our parents to get her. Here's why: My husband and I got married on Nov 1 2013, two days after the torrential floods that damaged many south Austin homes and businesses. We were all set to get married at Hummingbird House, but when Courtney called me the morning before the wedding to let me know the roads to Hummingbird House were impassable, she already had another venue lined up and a plan to notify all vendors and simply change the venue - cool as a cucumber! Once I got over the shock, we worked together to pull off an absolutely PERFECT wedding! Our guests couldn't believe that this was plan 'B' and that she and the new venue staff had moved everything to a new location in 24 hours. To top it off, Hummingbird House covered all costs related to the last-minute change and offered to host a pool party next summer to make it up to us - even though they can't control the weather! Courtney made our wedding amazing and we look forward to celebrating with her again next summer! - Mr. and Mrs. Clayton

The Perfect Place to Get Married!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Brooke A

I also posted this review on Wedding Wire: There is no better place to get married in Austin, Texas than the Hummingbird House. My husband and I personally looked at close to 10 venues, but researched dozens. Not only are the grounds of the venue beautiful and the bride and groom suites recently updated and gorgeous, but the care with which Courtney and Danny treat each couple is heartfelt. My husband and I are event planners by trade, and we know we couldn’t have been in better hands. Courtney tends to every detail, and we were confident in the fact that once the day arrived we’d be completely taken care of. We had the typical snafus of rain and shuttle delays and Courtney handled everything with grace and poise. We are so grateful to have found them and to have started our life together at Hummingbird House!

Beautiful venue, amazing staff!

Reviewed on 4/20/2013 Catelyn W

I was so pleased with my wedding at the HHouse! From the very beginning, I felt comfortable working with Courtney and Danny and they made an effort to make me feel special and like a valued customer. Two truly amazing people. Great communication - always called back or responded to emails - in a timely manner. They were so kind, and-oh-so importantly, organized! The wedding day was smooth and I hardly had to think about a thing - I was able to relax and enjoy, knowing it was all in good hands. Not sure that we could've have done without them! THANK YOU! Great location - the venue is gorgeous if you're looking for an outdoor garden-y venue, and it's also easy for guests to find and close to hotels, compared to other outdoor venues. They also recommended our caterer and that was a wonderful, delicious decision :)

4/24/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Catelyn and Daniel! We had so much fun working with you and we're so pleased that you enjoyed sharing your day with us!

My Fairy tale come TRUE

Reviewed on 4/01/2013 Natalie H

Al I have to say is Danny and Courtney are absolutely amazing! They did a fantastic job pulling of our fairy tale wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect, could not have asked for anything better. This is the biggest hidden gem in Austin when it comes to a wedding venue, so glad we found it.

4/02/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Natalie and Pete! We loved working with you both! We're so happy that you had your fairytale wedding at Hummingbird House!

Fantastic, Friendly & Fun!!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2013 Heather

I saw the images online but they do not do HH justice, it is so much more beautiful in person! As soon as we walked into the garden I knew this was exactly where I wanted our wedding to be... The staff at Hummingbird House was FABULOUS! The day of the wedding was flawless and I know that it was because of the staff at HH... Danny and Courtney were easy to work with, extremely responsive and very professional from beginning to end. Anyone would feel at ease having their event here... thank you for making our day beautiful, wonderful and stress free!!!!

4/02/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Nikki and Brian! We were so happy to be a part of your special day! Your mulled apple cider signature cocktail was delicious!

Perfect place to get married!

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Idahlia M

My wedding day was amazing, but it wouldn't be what it was without the Hummingbird House. Not only is this location so green and lush that you almost forget you are in TX, but Danny, Lauren, and Courtney take away so much of the stress of getting married. Anything I needed they were there! They even fought for me when one of my other venders was being difficult the day of the wedding.

Perfection

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Lauren W

I honestly cannot imagine a more perfect day than the one the Hummingbird House gave us for our wedding in May. My husband and I had two distinct Austin "visions" and experiences for our wedding - he the hill country and I the outdoor/garden setting - but when we visited the Hummingbird House back in October, we were immediately struck by the natural beauty of the site and friendliness of the team. The decision was clear from the start. Even though we were originally working through a coordinator who left HH, we weren't worried; Danny and his co-coordinators Courtney and Lauren made the arrangements absolutely seamless. I think our laid-back approach matched each other's pretty well, but I'm convinced that even the highest maintenance bride would feel at ease in their hands. They know all the answers to all the questions, will take care of all the questions you never knew to ask, and know how to make a party last all night long. You will not be disappointed. Getting a chance to work with this team is an experience in itself. They really made everything very intentional, special and unique, and work their tails off to make it so. Too many details to count. We love Hummingbird House!

4/02/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Lauren and Chad! We had a wonderful time hosting your special day!

Best venue ever!

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Alex C

My husband Matt and I got married at the Hummingbird House this past April. Having a long engagement we communicated with the owner Danny over the course of a year and a half. We aren't from Austin so even with the last minute trips he would always accommodate our every request. Danny and the staff were so easy and helpful to work with. When the wedding day came everything was flawless, we didn't have to coordinate anything or worry about a single detail. Everything was beautiful and exactly as planned. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. They gave us everything we wanted and we are so happy we chose the Hummingird House for our wedding.

Highlight of our wedding

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Jenna C

After meeting Danny at the Hummingbird House, my husband and I knew we wanted to book with them! On top of the beautiful venue, he and his team provided so much help - from suggesting the best vendors to work with to taking so much responsibility off our hands so we could focus on what really mattered. Our wedding wouldn't have been the most amazing day of our lives without the help from Danny and his team. Literally, every vendor they suggested had the same positive energy and willingness to work together to make our day perfect. And the venue itself! We were floored on our first visit in January, but we couldn't have imagined a more perfect setting! It can be difficult maintaining a tropical garden in Texas, especially with last year's drought, but they did a spectacular job! I can't wait for a friend to get engaged so I can refer them to Danny and the Hummingbird House!

Wonderful! Wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Stephanie P

I can not begin to explain how fantastic my wedding was because of Danny and the Hummingbird House staff! From the planning to the day of Danny was so involved. We had three meetings but corresponded a lot through email. On the day of the wedding the Huumingbird House was so prepared. I really got to enjoy my day and really soak it up. I spent time with my bridesmaids and my groom it was just wonderful. We had the ceremony at a small chapel and Danny was there to get everyone ready and set. Once we were done there Danny was already at the Hummingbird House getting things ready. Once we got to the reception we tools pictures then we were sorted where the food was present almost instantly. I really am grateful to have had such a great support system during the weddi g so that my groom and I could really take it all in.

My Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 5/06/2012 Jennie C

Hummingbird House is a gorgeous venue with a pool area, garden, gazebo, and everything you need to plan the perfect wedding. I wanted a venue where I could have the ceremony and reception so I wouldn't have to have extra time for driving to a different place and so we wouldn't have to worry about losing any family members between sites. Danny, Lauren, and Courtney did an amazing job for me! Even though the lady I originally met with left, Danny assured me the transfer of details would go smoothly and that everything would be great. He was right. Everything was perfect! HH is more expensive than other venues in the area, but it is incredible. It all comes down to what is most important to you. If a breathtaking venue is high on your list, check this place out. As soon as we saw HH, we knew we didn't want to even look anywhere else. We were lucky enough to get the last open Friday in April (it's a little less expensive than Saturday). The weather was perfect, the venue was perfect. Everyone commented and still comments on how incredible the site was. My wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to my details, Danny's vision, and his amazing staff who took care of absolutely everything, including the things that my detailed mind forgot to plan! HH took care of details like the dance floor, lighting in the reception tent sheers and a monogram light for the dance floor, pads for the reception chairs, table linens, bartender, security guard, reserving the exit car that I wanted and couldn't find anywhere, organizing and running my entire wedding, and Danny had a cake stand that I borrowed when I couldn't find one anywhere else and was totally stressed out. He even put a ribbon around the edge of the cake stand to give it a little oomph. If you leave your wedding in the capable and talented hands of Danny and his staff, you will not be disappointed. For me, the money I spent at HH was the best possible investment I could have made for the most special day of my life. They are worth every penny. Especially Danny. He is absolutely the best asset I had in the days leading up to my wedding day, and on the day itself, he was invaluable. I couldn't have done this without him. The cost I'm listing is just for the time at HH itself. All of the other details like chair pads, lighting, dance floor, bartender, security guard, and exit car all cost extra. You can pick and choose which things you want/need based on which things are most important to you. Your wedding can be as beautiful as you ever imagined or dreamed it could be with Hummingbird House and Danny.

TO Hummingbird House