Hummingbird House

Austin, TX

Book Your Wedding with Hummingbird House

A GARDEN IN AUSTIN, TX

Soon-to-be-wed couples can surround themselves with luxuriant greenery, palm bushes and tropical flowers when they get married and hold their reception at the Hummingbird House in Austin, Texas. The gorgeous gardens and landscape in the award-winning wedding venue provide for wonderful photo opportunities and require very little decoration from the bride and groom. Situated on more than 5 acres of gated land, the landscape is beautifully lit during the nighttime with LED lighting, Chinese lanterns and other expertly designed lighting treatments so the guests can enjoy the view during the entire event. Ample grounds with indoor and outdoor options at the Hummingbird House can accommodate 200 guests. These spaces are included with rental of the venue:

Domed gazebo. Decorated with flowers or draped with fabric, the domed gazebo is a gorgeous place for the couple to exchange vows.

Pavilion. With 3,200 square feet, the pavilion offers the beauty of an outdoor space with the comfort of an indoor space. Heated during cold weather, air-conditioned during hot weather and covered with glass-panel walls, the pavilion keeps guests comfortable while providing a stunning view of the surrounding gardens. Stained concrete floors adds an contemporary appeal and provides a solid base for guests to dance and celebrate, while the three beaded chandeliers provide lighting inside.

Cocktail tent. Providing 400 square-feet of space, the cocktail tent is the place for cocktail hour and drinks throughout the event. The tent is decorated with a bronze chandelier and a sheer draped liner.

Couples that rent the venue have exclusive use of the space for the entire event. That means the couple can take wedding photos on the gorgeous grounds and the guests can explore without interruption. Couples are invited to bring in their own vendors for catering, entertainment and more. Hummingbird House offers luxurious bathrooms for the guests, including an ADA-approved bathroom. The venue provides a number of essential items included with the rental package. These items include:

• Round tables to seat 200 guests
  • White garden ceremony chairs for 200 guests
  • Silver Chiavari chairs for 200 guests for the reception
  • Lighting in the event spaces and around the grounds

Bride's and groom's suites are also included with the package to provide privacy for the couple while they prepare for the ceremony and reception and to provide an exclusive place to invite their bridesmaids and groomsmen. The large bridal suite is 1,500 square feet and includes:

• A lounge area for the bride and bridal party
  • Dressing room
  • Salon
  • Large private bathroom covered with mirrors
  • Exclusive covered patio

The 750-square-foot groom's suite is decorated with masculine mahogany wood and includes:

• 50-inch television
  • Foosball table
  • Mini fridge
  • Leather couch
  • Cowhide mirror

Whimsical Romantic Gardens

The Hummingbird House is a true oasis of colorful flowers, large palms, exotic plants, and manicured greens. As you will see, there are so many ways in which to make The Hummingbird House feel exceptionally personal for your wedding, and it's our goal to help create the perfect evening for you and your guests to always remember. Schedule a visit today!

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

12805 Arroyo Doble Drive, Austin, TX (512) 934-0201
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Heather and Kai W

Hummingbird House was our first venue to tour and we wish it had been our last. We went to one other venue appointment because we did not want to be rude and cancel an hour before. That second place never stood a chance. Hummingbird House was our venue from the moment we got... Read More into the Bridal Suite and met Danny. I remember emailing him from the parking lot of that last venue asking him to send us the contract. We couldn't dare let anyone grab our date by wasting more time with other places. Even our puppy Vladimir loved it! We may be five months behind in our review, but my husband, Kai, and I had a better day than we could have ever imagined for our wedding. The weather was amazing, (I'm giving Courtney that credit) the venue was set up and arranged perfectly, and we never missed the important moments of our wedding thank to Courtney's ninja-like day of coordinating skills. She knew just when to be there to help us and when to let us sit back and soak it all in. Thank you to the amazing team. As a coordinator myself, I don't know how they do this with the small staff that they have. Goes to show that it's not about the number of staff members, rather, it's about the quality and heart of the people who work there. They do the work of 10 people on a daily basis and are in the business of ensuring perfection for their clients. We hope to call them friends from here on out and cannot wait until we have the opportunity to visit HH again. Love, -Heather, Kai, and Vladimir

Hummingbird House is nothing short of PERFECT!

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Marie Y

I don't even know where to begin because I am still so amazed at how wonderful this venue truly is. From the moment we took our first tour of the venue with Danny over a year ago, we knew immediately this was going to be our venue. Danny made us feel at ease, and knew exactly... Read More how to make me feel so special as a bride from the moment we met. Over the next year of planning, the staff at Hummingbird House never hesitated to answer my questions time and time again, and never made me feel silly for asking, even though I'm sure they hear THE SAME questions on a daily basis from every bride. Any time I had family or friends in from out of town, I was eager to show off my venue to them, and Danny and Courtney were always there with a smile to welcome them and show us around. The day of the wedding could not have been more perfect, and being able to get ready at the venue and feel totally relaxed was awesome. Courtney and Danny set up everything for us, and made the reception tent looking amazing beyond words. I did not lift one finger, and I felt pampered the entire day! During the reception, I constantly had guests coming up to me telling me how GORGEOUS the venue is and how they wished they knew about it before they got married. A few couples even told me they want to do their wedding all over again so they can have it at Hummingbird House. From beginning to end, this is the PERFECT venue for your special day and me and my husband felt like King and Queen of the day thanks to the beautiful setting and professionalism of Danny and Courtney and everyone at Hummingbird House that help make it a fantastic venue. THANK YOU for making our day so memorable!

2013-08-25T16:56:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Marie and Steven!! We had so much fun at your wedding, we really felt like part of the family!! The pictures of your big day are fantastic! Smiles all around :) Come visit us soon!

We love the Hummingbird House

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Pablo A

We celebrated our wedding here taken along the path by Courtney. Since we booked the place late last year we were treated always with a positive and can do attitude to all the stupid questions we had to ask. We received prompt responses to our multiple calls and emails. A run... Read More through all the preparation details showed that they really know how to throw a party. We provided our decoration (homemade) and shared out vision. We were amazed as how they carried out and how it surpassed our expectations. The place looked beautiful. Courtney was around and on top of things during the rehearsal, ceremony and reception. We just had to be there and enjoy. We were also surprised with our getaway car loaded with our change of clothes, wallets, cell phones, camera and everything we needed for our wedding night. We are extremely happy with the Hummingbird House and their staff.

2013-07-02T17:34:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you Evie and Pablo! We loved working with you both! Your DIY yarn decor was adorable and we had a great time decorating the venue! We're so happy you enjoyed your special day : )

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Caitlyn M

Beautiful venue!! So gorgeous. I only gave 4 stars because they completely dropped the ball on our paid-for upgrades that affected the wedding aesthetically. They did refund us the money to make things right, so that was appreciated. I still recommend the HH for its perfection... Read More for a romantic garden wedding.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Melissa S

We loved our wedding at the Hummingbird House! The landscape is absolutely beautiful which allowed us to not have too much extra decor. So many awesome places to take beautiful pictures! It was perfect to have an outdoor ceremony and then move inside for the reception. The... Read More glasshouse makes you feel like you're outside the whole time! We also used Courtney for day-of coordination and she did an amazing job! She makes sure everthing runs smoothly and everyone is where they need to be throughout the night. She also helped us put together our timeline and coordinated with our vendors on arrival time, etc. They have an awesome brides room to get ready in with plenty of space for everyone to move around/get ready. The grooms room has couches and a foosball table to perfect place for the guys to chill before the ceremony. Thank you so much to the HH and Courntey for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Megan H

First of all, this wedding venue was absolutely beautiful. It is a fairytale brought to life! Everything was green and gorgeous on our wedding day! The people that work there are fantastic too! They are accommodating and so easy to work with. And the day of coordinator helped... Read More us keep everything on track and I didn't have to worry about anything as the bride! Any thing I needed the coordinator was there to help me with from any question I had to giving me mouth wash before I walked down the aisle! The hummingbird house made the whole planning process go way smoother. We couldn't love the hummingbird house any more!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Emily S

From the moment we toured the venue until the day of our wedding, both Danny and Courtney took such great care of us. From the scheduling to the decor, Courtney went above and beyond my expectations! Not to mention, they are constantly looking for ways to update and improve the... Read More venue (not that it needs it), it's natural beauty is enough, but the light enhancements and living garden walls truly provide a romantic outdoor wedding feel. I couldn't have imagined our wedding at any other venue!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Desiree L

The Hummingbird House! The beautiful signature background surrounded the best day of our lives! 1st and a very important point I want to make is I TRUSTED THEM COMPLETELY during our planning! Courtney and Danny were our hosts beyond measure. Everything we wanted and needed was... Read More accommodated with speed, honesty and assurance. The grounds surround you with enchantment! (and saved me in floral expenses) In the bridal suite, your could hear only chatter and laughter. (+ popping bottles of presecco) The grooms room (aka as my brides room) had all the things that tried to settle her nerves. My vendors had no problems and everything went smoothly. They never left me waiting for answers. Whether it be emails, texts or calls, they were there and got right back with us. Whew!!! That sums that up! Of course, I will never forget this amazing place. I am forever grateful! They have set quite the standard of throwing the best party ever!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jenn S

Our wedding was absolutely magical, thanks to The Hummingbird House team. I can't praise Courtney enough for the work she did to make sure that the entire day was smooth and perfect. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, and we received compliments all night on the venue... Read More selection. Thank you Hummingbird House!!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Decerei W

I got married on 05/22/16 at The Hummingbird House. This venue is FLAWLESS, absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments. Courtney was very helpful throughout the entire process. I wish I could live at this venue. The gardens are amazing and are flourished with... Read More greenery and flowers. On my day, it was supposed to rain and as the bride, I was a little worried. Courtney had a back up plan if there was rain. I definitely recommend this venue. If I could get married to my husband twice, I definitely would just to come back!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Madeline C

Exceeded all expectations! I wanted a venue that could provide an outdoor ceremony area and tented reception. When we visited Hummingbird House there was no need to look further. The venue is a dreamy garden oasis! The climate controlled pavilion was an added bonus. Getting... Read More married the first week of March ran the risk of it being cold so it was nice to have the option of a heated reception area if needed. Danny and Courtney are awesome! We met with Danny to see the venue and he was very helpful with all our questions and offering up ideas. I loved that HH gives a preferred vendor list but you are not obligated to use it. We ended up using most vendors from their list but it was nice to have the freedom to choose and not for an added fee like most venues out there. They actually understand that it's your wedding and are very accommodating and helpful to make sure your vision comes to life. One of the best thing about HH is we could actually relax the day of, enjoy mimosas and have fun during our getting ready process. I ended up planning everything myself leading up to the wedding and then having Courtney as our day of coordinator. She is the best! When we met her for our planning meeting she was on top of everything. She helped us with the layout, schedule, and coordinating with all the vendors which was a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. Courtney made the day of run smoothly and everyone in the family, including my parents, was able to actually enjoy the wedding without worrying. 100% worth adding her service in. The day of was absolutely perfect.. The property was gorgeous, the weather was perfect, and everyone had so much fun. I couldn't imagine a better venue and the HH team helped make our wedding a dream!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Tiffany S

Perfect garden venue! Gorgeous grounds, enclosed reception pavilion, fountains, flowers, and a stunning bridal suite. Excellent team in place- Courtney is perfectly organized and professional. Everything ran smoothly and the day was simply lovely. Plenty of parking too! Couldn't... Read More ask for better!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Ailien P

This venue is worth EVERY penny! Every part of it is gorgeous - the bridal suite, the ceremony gazebo and especially the glass reception pavilion. My guests couldn't stop raving about how gorgeous it was plus with the october weather, it was just perfect. PLUS, Courtney is... Read More amazing. She makes everything run smoothly and handles everything - I didn't do anything but enjoy myself :) I can't say enough good things about this place!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Mike S

I had an awesome experience at Hummingbird House! The venue is extremely easy to work with, absolutely beautiful and very flexible! I received soo many compliments from guests about how beautiful the estate was. As the wedding coordinator, I could not have been more thankful to... Read More them for how helpful they were! I had a blast with the venue manager Courtney as well! Will be referring this venue to my future brides 100%!

Absolutely love Hummingbird House!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015

Hummingbird House is a beautiful garden setting along Onion Creek which provided an exquisite, picturesque wedding site. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained. It was perfect for my daughter's April wedding. The outlying buildings are wonderfully equipped for... Read More the entire wedding party. Courtney was amazing! She took care of all details with a smile and professional efficiency. She and the facility made our wedding experience perfect!

2015-04-09T10:43:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We love feedback from our couples and their families! So happy that your day was perfect and honored to be part of the celebration!

Absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Kayla S

I knew as soon as I arrived at HH, on a cold, rainy day in January, that we would have to get married there. It was still beautiful! Our September wedding was stunning and I couldn't dream up and more perfect place with perfect staff to celebrate our day. They were absolutely... Read More flawless and had any issue resolved immediately... Courtney is amazing, and I cannot say enough great things about this place.

Exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Sarah L

Courtney exceeded our expectations! The Hummingbird House is an amazing venue, from the beautifully landscaped grounds to the exemplary service, we cannot say enough about how much we love this venue. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Courtney... Read More was right there the day of with everything that I needed. We forgot our champagne flutes, but she had extra for us. She assisted us with so many things, I can't list them all! She kept our very rowdy bridal party organized,she pinned boutonnieres, handed out flowers, planned our timeline, layout, and worked with our vendors day of to make sure everything was perfect. Courtney and the Hummingbird House are true gems!

Beautiful and Amazing

Reviewed on 8/04/2014

If you want a beautiful memorable wedding, get married here! Every inch of this place is simply beautiful. I was worried, getting married in late June that it would be too hot or not lush and gorgeous and I was wrong! It was absolutely perfect. Everyone there was so... Read More accommodating and easy to work with. So many people have told me how beautiful the venue was. People who have seen our pictures ask me about the venue commenting about how many different backdrops there are in pictures and how amazing the place looks. I am so grateful we chose the Hummingbird House.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Catherine C

The place is a little pricey, but totally worth it! The day of coordinator,Courtney, was amazing! She helped with the day of timeline and made sure everything ran smoothly. The venue is gorgeous, great place for reception and ceremony.

April 2014

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Lauren T

Naturally, the first thing off the wedding checklist must be the venue!! It is an overwhelming search throughout all the wedding websites and Austin local bridal magazines. We looked at the Hummingbird House first in January 2013 for a Spring 2014 wedding date. They had a 10%... Read More wedding planner/coordinator discount which made it affordable for us. It was a cold, ugly day when we set up a walk-through mid-week. Even without their usual spring flowers I had seen in the pictures online, it was absolutely stunning. Courtney was there to show up around and she could not have been nicer. They have a greenhouse which they use to keep the flowers/plants that are in that current season available. She was explaining what flowers would be out and where during our projected time of year date. Things that were really attractive to us were: 1. The enormous bridal suite with waiting area, huge bathroom and hair/make-up salon. 2. Separate grooms suite with television, refrigerator, and plenty of lounging space. 3. New bathrooms 4. Tent over the reception area with chandeliers that is up year round that can either be contained for air conditioning or heating. 5. Wrapped “Christmas” white lights EVERYWHERE. 6. Easy and accessible parking for guests and for large buses. The contract was simple and easy to understand. Everything that was included was readily explained and the items that I needed to possibly rent were made available with the preferred vendors list that they provided. I mostly dealt with Courtney via-email but Danny was also super nice and answered my endless questions. Two weeks prior to the end of April, Courtney and I had our walk-through. Everything came together and she was super helpful with all my ideas. The wedding day came and everything was perfect. I heard non-stop compliments on how beautiful the venue was and “how did you find this?!” comments. I would recommend the Hummingbird House to any future brides!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/11/2014 lauren s

This venue was perfect in every way!

Beautiful Venue, Amazing People!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Katelyn S

I have nothing but great things to say about Hummingbird House! From Day 1 Courtney was amazing to work with- she always responded to emails super quickly and would answer all my questions. And I had a lot of questions. During the last couple months I emailed her lists and lists... Read More pretty much every day and I always got a timely response. Plus she is super nice and personable! And on the day of she ran things like a pro. Between her and my family and my other awesome vendors, we were able to pull off a big DIY wedding and on the day of I felt zero stress (and I'm an easily stressed person so that's saying something!). Everyone there really went above and beyond to accommodate the extensive set up of everything we had made/built for the wedding (and the break down too!) The venue was truly magical- it was a spring wedding so all the flowers were in bloom, everything was green, birds were chirping... everything was ideal. But I've visited the venue even when it wasn't springtime and it was still gorgeous. They keep it looking like a spring garden all year round. Sooooooo many guests told us how beautiful the venue was, everyone was asking how we found this place! Also, I love that I could get married and have the reception in the same place. I had about 150 guests and I didn't want everyone to have to drive to a new location. Also, it is far enough from town to feel remote but close enough that it's easy for people to go to 6th street for an after party. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Hummingbird House and the people that work there. Thank you for everything!!

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 4/26/2014 Dana S

The venue was absolutely amazing the natural blooming beauty that surrounds this venue is breathtaking. The staff was amazing from start to finish Courtney walks you through your entire day and it played it just as she mapped it out. Her assistant was amazing and made our day so... Read More extra special, all of our guests had a great time and felt very welcomed. Thank you so much to the Hummingbird House book your wedding today!!!

Amazing Venue!! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 4/25/2014 Erin w

We were married at the Hummingbird House in Nov 2013, and I couldn't have been happier with Courtney and Danny. I worked mostly with Courtney, and she is so organized! She thought out all the tiny details that most brides tend to forget about- things like "who is in charge of... Read More your car keys the day of?". She sat down with me before the wedding and went through all the tiny little details that made our day run so very smoothly! Our wedding was 3 days after Onion Creek flooded on Oct 30 2013- and the venue was flooded, but they worked so hard and so quickly to completely restore it. They had crews out the morning of the wedding cleaning the property, and you couldn't even tell it had been flooded when they were done. Our rehearsal had been cancelled bc of the flood, but thanks to Courtney & Danny's awesome organizational skills, our ceremony flowed just as I had envisioned and everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing. The venue is incredibly beautiful- guests raved about it, and there were very little decorations needed because it's already so beautiful. Our pictures turned out amazing- the property offers so many awesome photo ops! We loved the hummingbird house and could not be happier that we chose it. I looked at several different venues, and not only was the Hummingbird House the most beautiful, but we got the most for our money. They included ceremony chairs, and the upgraded reception chairs that most places charged extra for. They also offer a day-of-coordinator and beautiful lighting in the tent and all around the property for no additional charge. (I looked at a venue in New Braunfels who actually charges you to turn on the outside lighting). Thank you hummingbird house, Courtney, and Danny for making our wedding day everything we had imagined it to be!

Best Outdoor Venue

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Lindsey D

Hummingbird House is a complete outdoor venue in Austin, TX. The ceremony space is beautiful and the reception tent is just as stunning! One of the best parts about this venue is the coordinators. They make the entire wedding process fun and easy!