Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in San Antonio, Texas, Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa provides a picture-perfect backdrop for a traditional, romantic wedding. Indoors, the venue is decorated in an elegant, modern style that provides a neutral backdrop for weddings and receptions. Outdoors, the property offers 300 acres of perfectly manicured lawns and gardens, rolling hills and towering oak trees. An impressive variety of indoor and outdoor spaces are available for ceremonies and receptions.

Indoor Venues. Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa offers three memorable ballrooms for weddings and events. The largest indoor venue is the Independence Ballroom, adjacent to the lush Independence Lawn. The ballroom and lawn are suitable for up to 1,200 guests that can transition straight from ceremony to cocktail hour to a lavish reception.

Hill Country Ballroom features wrought iron chandeliers, deck access and vaulted ceilings. The venue offers accommodations for up to 400 guests or up to 800 when utilizing the surrounding courtyard.

Fredericksburg Ballroom is the smallest of the three ballrooms and is decorated in a romantic style. Fredericksburg Ballroom features an adjoining foyer for cocktails and accommodates up to 250 guests.

For an intimate dinner or ceremony, Kerrville Private Dining Room is an indoor venue that seats up to 50 guests. Its rustic beauty features stunning design elements and is located inside the Antlers Lodge restaurant.

Outdoor Venues. Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa offers four outdoor locations, including two pavilions and a deck. The Rogers-Wiseman Pavilion is a permanent tent that can be decorated to fit the theme of any wedding, while the Luckenback Pavilion is a traditional, covered pavilion that overlooks the pristine golf course.

The Courtyard Deck is located just outside the ballrooms and is suitable for both ceremonies and receptions for up to 250 seated guests or 400 during a cocktail reception. The site features views of towering oaks and a brick paving.

Aunt Mary's Lawn and Lone Oak are open-air venues that are available for both ceremony and celebration. Flexible seating plans are available at both locations. Windmill Plaza offers a natural stone fireplace in an enclosed, courtyard setting for an intimate wedding and reception.

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa requires a 20 percent nonrefundable deposit and signed contract at the time of the reservation. Final payments are due 10 days before the event and final head counts are due three days prior to the wedding. The reservation fee includes chairs and amplification for the ceremony.

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa provides a list of preferred vendors for floral arrangements and other services. All catering must be purchased from the on-site caterer, but outside cakes are allowed. Several different wedding packages are available. The standard wedding package includes hors d'oeuvres, a three course meal—including a personalized wedding cake—and a champagne toast.

Lighting, music and floral arrangements must be provided by the bride and groom. All items should arrive at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa within two hours of the event. Vendors are responsible for set up and removal of all items.

Linens and centerpieces are provided and the property is available for bridal portraits. Serving staff is also provided with the purchase of a standard wedding package. On-site lodgings are available and children are welcome. Pet-friendly lodgings are also available.

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa is an excellent choice for couples who want to enjoy their honeymoon immediately following the ceremony. The venue is packed with amenities and on-site activities are available. Other special services and amenities include:

• Discounted spa and golf packages
  • Five-acre water park on-site
  • Guest rooms feature curling irons, safes, refrigerators and coffee makers
  • Luxury poolside cabanas
  • On-site trails for hiking, jogging or biking
  • Complimentary suite with minimum purchase

Gorgeous San Antonio Hill Country Wedding Venue

Celebrate your dream San Antonio wedding at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. Surrounded by the beauty of the Hill Country, our hotel features gorgeous indoor and outdoor wedding venues paired with Texas charm and hospitality.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

9800 Hyatt Resort Drive, San Antonio, TX (210) 520-4014

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Aislinn W

If I could afford to get married here all the time I would! The Hyatt is has tons of natural Beauty and charm. The staff there was amazing. They were so accommodating to all of our needs. They went above and beyond in every aspect. Gretchen the wedding coordinator there is... Read More friendly and does her job well. She was knowledgeable and was always reachable for whatever was needed. I can't recommend the Hyatt enough. I almost forgot to mention how DELICIOUS the food is. My husband is a chef and it is no easy task to please him when it comes to food, yet the Hyatt did so

The PERFECT day!

Reviewed on 11/28/2014 Laura S

Kristin and her team at the Hyatt did a FABULOUS job with everything. We came to them four months prior because La Cantera had put us in a bind by being closed, and they executed everything flawlessly and made us feel like we were top priority!!! Not only did they give us a... Read More great deal on rooms for all our many out of town guests, they really made our day feel like it was a huge deal to them! They blocked off our lawn during the ceremony and before, and the Fredericksburg ballroom that we used was beautiful and perfect!! Everyone loved the food, the venues, and how nice everyone was there. Everything truly happens for a reason, Hyatt made our wedding day absolutely amazing!!!

Hill Country Splendor

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Annie C

If you're considering having your wedding here...DO IT! I married my man under the Hill Country Hyatt's colossal oak tree on the back lawn. I had a wedding planner, but really did not need one because the Hyatt's wedding coordinator (Nicole Garza) was so competent and organized.... Read More The Hill Country Ballroom was a perfect reception venue. I highly recommend taking advantage of the lighting company the Hyatt partners with. The effects the lighting had on the ballroom were incredible! Our guests loved that they could stay in one place for all festivities and party around the giant pool/lazy river prior to the main event. Cannot give the Hyatt enough kudos for setting the scene for a dream wedding.

2014-10-06T10:47:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for choosing us to be a part of your special occasion. We are so happy to hear that the resort, Nicole, and our audio visual company were all able to exceed your expectations for your dream... Read Less Read More

Perfect Night!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Lizz B

I can not say enough good things about the service at the Hyatt Hill Country! We had our wedding at Lone Oak, a grove of oak trees near the entrance to the golf course and it was BEAUTIFUL! Our coordinator Gretchen was fantastic and did an amazing job helping me coordinate all... Read More my vendors. I planned my wedding long distance and she was always available with great ideas and was extremely flexible in meeting with me during my short visits to San Antonio leading up to the wedding. The wedding packages they offer is OUTSTANDING! Our ceremony site, reception site, dinner, bar, wedding cake, tables/ linens, and a honeymoon suite were included in the package at an incredible price. The meal at the reception was phenomenal and the staff went out of their way to make sure that every guest was attended to (we had a few picky eaters and even they were blown away by the meal). I couldn't imagine a more magical night and it would not have been possible without Gretchen and the exemplary staff at the Hyatt! I HIGHLY suggest that everyone check them out, they are the best.

Beautiful venue, bad bar experience

Reviewed on 4/13/2015 Nicole G

First of all, the Hyatt is an absolutely stunning place to get married. There are various venues to choose from and it's great for gathering family and friends for a weekend of fun. Unfortunately, my experience was less than I hoped for. After a picture perfect ceremony and... Read More cocktail hour, things started to go down-hill at the reception. I can say they did a great job setting up our party and the food was awesome. The BUT comes with the bar service. The staff was insanely rude and condescending after claiming too many of our guests were too intoxicated. They cut off our bar at 10 p.m. when our wedding wasn't scheduled to end until 11. Now from my definitely not intoxicated view, it was a ridiculous judgement call. First off, it's a wedding! No one was doing anything out-of the ordinary. 90% of our guests were staying at the hotel. They claimed safety and liability was the issue, But THEY actually caused the safety troubles when they shut down the bar...causing the majority of our wedding guests to leave early! Those guests proceeded to "Charlie's Long Bar" inside the hotel where the reception bartender told those bartenders NOT to serve anyone that had been at the wedding. Many of our guests then chose to DRIVE to a bar to continue the celebration. This is exactly what we were trying to avoid by ensuring they all booked $200-$400 rooms/night. Side note, one of wedding stipulations was that the hotel bar stay open till 1 a.m. for our guests. I will say the hotel staff (other than the bartenders at the reception and bar) was extremely friendly, understanding and apologetic. It was just an unexpected, and truthfully, embarrassing experience. The management has tried their best to apologize and make it up to us...which we appreciate. It's just kind of sad because there's no way we can really go back and gain that one hour of time we could've had at our special day with all of our guests.

2015-05-01T11:05:20 Response from the vendor

Hello Nicole - First of all, thank you for the kind words on our beautiful wedding venues and friendly staff. We are happy to hear that you had a picture-perfect ceremony and cocktail hour. However, we are truly sorry to hear that your picture-perfect day... Read Less Read More

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Dora G

Everything was amazing! Food, service, treatment to myself and my guest, everything was outstanding! The wedding planner communicates well and is very organized. She catered to every request promptly.

2014-10-06T10:49:13 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on your recent marriage! We are so glad to hear that you were pleased with your wedding experience at our resort, including our food, service and dedicated wedding planner. Thank you so much for letting us know, and for choosing us to be a... Read Less Read More

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Maria R

Our time here was really short but we enjoyed every minute we spent there. Excellent service!!!

Hill Country Wedding

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Andella D

We held the ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country and I was amazed at how friendly and accommodating the staff was, the beautiful landscape and interiors, and the flexibility of changing the location so quickly with impending rain. We had an amazing time with... Read More the help of our coordinator, Nicole Garza. I would recommend this location for weddings with family coming from far away as it become a vacation for all of our guests.

Great Home Base For Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Alex I

We stayed here, had our rehearsal dinner, and Sunday brunch at the hotel as well. Our guests loved this resort & it had something for everyone (spa, lazy river, running trails). Nicole was great to work with & we had a wonderful weekend.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Courtney E

My best friend go married her outside. The ceremony was very pretty and reception was covered and not too close to the main hotel part, which made it feel more private. The staff was very friendly and didn't mind that we used the bar area to take a lot of pictures!

Resort

Reviewed on 2/07/2012 Kayli S

I believe we went to the resort next door. The Wild Oak Ranch. But the service was so good. Everything was clean a beautiful.