i-do Weddings & Events the Knot's Hall of Fame Favorite

Greater Cincinnati and destinations worldwide

Award-winning planners. Exceptional experiences.

We are award-winning planners offering exceptional wedding day experiences. The heart of this extraordinary experience is our creative collaboration with you. Work with us and you'll discover fun, authentic ways to customize your wedding that reflect your love for each other and your guests. We’ll anticipate your needs, listen to your wants, advise you when you could make a better choice and always have your back. Choose i-do Weddings and hear your guests say, “That was the best wedding ever.”

Honeymoon, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Bow2007

2009 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH Greater Cincinnati and destinations worldwide (513) 762-5550
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kyra G

I cannot say enough positive things about Brigid Nestor and Karen Montgomery of i-do Weddings & Events! When initially starting the wedding planning process, I didn’t really think that a wedding planner or coordinator would be necessary for us, but I am so thankful that I... Read More changed my mind. Brigid was very helpful during the beginning stages of the wedding planning process to bounce ideas off of and was a wealth of information for me as a Cincinnati bride. She had a vast knowledge of venues and vendors and was able to give recommendations based on our budget. She also provided a timeline software that was easy to use, manipulate, and made planning the wedding week/weekend a breeze. It was helpful to have all the information for the weekend in one place. Karen went over the timeline with me the week before the wedding and was able to provide suggestions on items that I had not thought of and also some areas where the timeline should be extended so that we would not feel rushed. Karen was invaluable as a coordinator the day of the wedding. She eased any anxiety, was a calming influence and allowed my whole family to be fully present without having to carry the responsibility of the details themselves, which everyone was truly grateful for. She was there every step of the way and felt like a member of our family who we love. She arrived on time, made some last minute payments that were overlooked the day before, kept us on schedule and silently facilitated many other things that she didn’t bother us with. She was a point person between all of our vendors and helped the DJ queue up some of the important moments like my father’s welcome, maid of honor and best man speeches, cake cutting and first dances. She made sure everyone was where they needed to be throughout the day and was willing to help with anything. Karen provided our photographers a lot of assistance with keeping the process smooth and on time. She made sure that all requested photos were taken within the allotted time before and after the ceremony. We all feel very lucky that we had Karen by our sides on such an important day and are thankful for the special connection we developed. After the wedding we received a very special and personal note from her which brought me back to our perfect day. I thoroughly and heartily recommend i-do Weddings & Events. They blew me away with their professionalism, knowledge, genuineness and kindness. Their passion for helping others plan and execute their special day is evident the first time you meet them. They truly enjoy what they do and are who you want to help you plan and execute your special day.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Andrea M

The absolute best decision we made was to hire I-Do Wedding & Events for our wedding planners! Everything we wanted our daughter’s wedding to be and had envisioned, Karen and Christina brought to life perfectly. Their design knowledge, professionalism and organization skills... Read More make them top-of-the-line wedding planners. We had so many ideas, decor and personal touches that we wanted to incorporate into the wedding day. They worked their magic in setting up and executing everything we wanted into a stunning, customized setting. From the minute we signed up with them, they gave excellent vendors recommendations that started bringing our dream wedding to life. Every recommended vendor we chose was perfect and the time savings in narrowing down those choices was significant! On top of that, Karen and Christina made sure everything was on schedule at numerous meetings we had with the vendors and our venue over a 12 month period. Karen and Christina helped develop a detailed timeline for us which helped everyone (vendors, venue, wedding party, etc) stay on schedule and made the wedding day flow flawlessly. At the end of the night, the I-Do team packed everything up for us (27 boxes in all) as we went on with the post wedding celebration. I can’t say enough about everything they did for us and how they made our day completely stress free. We are truly grateful that Karen and Christina were by our side for the past year and especially on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

If you are looking for a stressless, calming, beautiful day on your daughter's Wedding Day, HIRE THEM! If you don't you will need someone to keep you calm. I saw Karen in action in August 2014 at my friends daughter's Wedding. I knew them I wanted to schedule an appointment... Read More to discuss hiring her for my daughter's Wedding. Best investment I made. By Profession I am a Planner and have organized and coordinated many events. My goal was to be stress free and more importantly enjoy the most beautiful day fof my daughters life, her Wedding Day! And that's exactly what happened for me and my daughter. My daughter at first, didn't understand why I was making this investment. However, after our first meeting she was overwhelmed with all that had to be done; deadlines, time frames, coordinating with all the vendors, etc. she herself was very happy that I hired Karen. Karen and Christina were amazing to work with. They are so calming when you think you have a crisis, They talk through with you providing guidance, suggestions and most importantly keeping you calm. I"m not sure how they do it but they do. They never made me feel as if I was bothering them when I called with questions or asking for suggestions. As the Big Day was nearing Karen stepped in and took complete charge, Dealing with all the Vendors and providing them with their schedules. Sending a Reminder of Things To Do Making sure you had the Rings, Marriage License, etc. the little small things. Making sure nothing fell through the cracks. From the Rehearsal to sending the Bride & Groom off at the end of the Reception, they were there every step of the way. Coming to the house while the girls were getting ready, taking charge, keeping everyone focused and on time. Still coordinating with Vendors. If anything went wrong I can tell you I didn't know about it. Karen and Christina took care of it. It was the most PERFECT DAY!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Kristin M

I worked directly with Christina throughout our wedding planning process and it couldn't have been easier. She helped us to not only find the vendors that we needed, but helped us to finder cheaper ones that were trusted partners. For her day of service alone I am so grateful, I... Read More wasn't stressed even once! She either handle problems without telling me, or came to me with both a problem and its solution in action. She kept my(and my Mom, husband etc.) cups full of drink as we cruised the party trying to be sure that we got to talk with everyone there. Trust me, you need i-Do weddings and Christina in your life!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Stephanie W

Words cannot express how happy we were with I Do and specifically Karen! She was PHENOMENAL, and even that is an understatement. I did not have to stress for even a second on the days leading up to my wedding or on the day of my wedding. She was cool, calm, and collected, and... Read More made sure everything went smoothly. Karen made our wedding perfect, and we cannot thank her enough for that. There were things I didn't even consider on the day of the wedding that she took care of before I even had a chance to think about it. I can't recommend I Do and Karen enough. If you're considering getting a wedding planner, then look no further. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Karen S

A week after my daughter's engagement I found myself wide awake in the middle of the night wondering how I was going to juggle my family, my job, aging parents and enjoy planning a wedding. Someone suggested I look into a wedding planner, and so a little reluctantly, we met with... Read More Christina Penfield and Karen Montgomery of I-Do Weddings & Events. We knew from the initial meeting that this would be the best decision we made to ensure my daughters wedding would be all we had hoped for. Right from the start, they understood my daughter and her fiancée's vision and created a clear path to make that vision a reality. They had fantastic recommendations for vendors who were just wonderful to work with and made the night go off flawlessly. Our meetings were filled with creativity and detail, and my daughters voice was always heard and respected. We looked forward to every planning meeting and the organized and thoughtful way Christina and Karen kept us on track. They offered wise suggestions and were compassionate and professional in the few stressful situations that arose. They were our sounding board for decisions we were unsure of and kept close contact with our venue and our vendors. The day of the wedding was SO much fun thanks to Christina and Karen's organization and experience. Christina was the point person at the venue since we had worked closely with her on design. She made sure everything was perfect and we were so thrilled when we got to see our vision come to life. Karen was with us at our house, where the both the bridesmaids and groomsmen got ready and pictures were taken. She graciously kept us on schedule ( picture herding cats 😺) and both families got to enjoy the beautiful special moments that happened that day. They handled the distributions of payments and tips for the night so my husband did not have to worry about that. Christina made sure my daughter and her husband got off at the end to their honeymoon suite. Thanks to I-Do Weddings my daughters wedding was just perfect. I can't tell you how often my daughter or I would say "Thank God we have Christina and Karen!" Probably the best compliment of all, three weeks after my daughters wedding, we both mentioned that we missed seeing Christina and Karen. They are so very dear to us. Hiring I -Do was by far the best decision and the wisest investment we made and we feel very blessed to have worked with Christina and Karen!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Jillian M

I-Do Weddings (and specifically Christina) was the best thing that happened to our wedding. I'm originally from Cincinnati, but planned my wedding from Chicago and Christina made it the greatest experience. She was always honest with us and helped guide us to making the best... Read More decisions for the wedding. She was always willing to help and answer questions. I trusted her to make choices for me when I couldn't be in town. It rained the day of our wedding and her professionalism and calm demeanor plus impeccably planning made the situation not even be a problem (which is the most a bride could ever ask for). Everyone at and in our wedding commented on how professional, organized and wonderful she was to work with. I would recommend Christina and I-Do weddings for anyone getting married (and not just in Cincinnati). Christina was not only my wedding planner, but she also became my friend.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Colleen R

If you're reading this review , chances are you're a newly engaged bride. With that, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and invest in I-Do Weddings for a wedding coordinator. It truly will make a difference on your day. I don't even know if anything went wrong on my wedding day because... Read More Karen and her team were there to make sure everything was PERFECT. I was so fortunate enough to work directly with Karen from I-Do. Planning a wedding is stressful; No matter who you ask. Karen was amazing at taking the lead and asking questions that I would never think of. Ex. "how would you like your towels folded?" Crazy, I know, but those are questions you're asked leading up to the wedding day and believe me, that's the last thing you want to think about. Karen was a life saver. No joke. I'm so thankful for Karen and her team because I didn't worry about one thing on my big day. Not a thing and that's how every bride should feel on their wedding day. Stress free and fabulous. :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rachel T

We hired i-do Weddings for our wedding on August 6, 2016 and they did a fantastic job! Each meeting with them leading up to the wedding showed us just how much needed to get done by when, and they were so helpful and willing to give us advise. On the day of the wedding, they... Read More kept things running smoothly and allowed us to have a wonderful time full of great memories. I'm so glad we found them, because they made our day that much more special!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016

Working with Christina was great. She put out a lot of small fires during the process that would have turned into something much bigger. She was able to keep the secret videographer I hired and made it a huge success. Overall highly would recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Ashley S

We hired I-Do weddings to assist in planning our wedding. I am not originally from Cincinnati and my family and maid of honor lived out of town, so I was going to need help! Karen and Christina were AMAZING throughout the entire process. My husband and I were so impressed with... Read More their guidance to find vendors, setting up appointments, and keeping us organized and on track. They were both very professional and were quick to respond to questions and concerns. On the day of our wedding, we completely trusted Christina and Karen and knew our day would go smoothly and perfectly having them there, and it did! Now, 5 months after the wedding, my husband and I miss our meetings with them as they will forever be a great part of the memories we had planning our perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jane L

Christina and her team from I-do wedding boutique made all of the difference on my wedding day. Christina was organized, prompt, and very flexible when it came to scheduling meetings around my busy schedule. She had great ideas and knowledge about wedding planning that I never... Read More would have had on my own. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and everything went exactly as planned!!! Having her as our wedding coordinator gave us so much peace of mind, so we were really able to enjoy the big day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lou M

What can I say other than Christina totally rocked my daughter’s wedding! From start (a year ago) to finish she was energetic, hardworking, responsive, creative and professional. We felt in true partnership with her as her listening skills were exceptional, only equaled by her... Read More ability to turn our desires into reality, and within budget. Importantly, she also pushed back when that was needed. She created a wedding that anyone would be ecstatic about. We can’t recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Kelsey M

Karen and Christina are the unsung heroines of our wedding! The weekend was seamless thanks to their VERY detailed timeline we created together over several meetings and emails. I loved that our wedding was completely stress-free thanks to them! If anything went wrong during the... Read More day, we were none the wiser because of their services. We can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Sarah K

Every woman deserves to fell the way I did on my wedding day and I could not have been that happy and stress free without the Incredible work from Karen and Christina at I-do weddings!!! I worked with this AMAZING team for over a year to plan my dream wedding… and I mean it when... Read More I say it, they are the best! I hired them shortly after I got engaged knowing that I did not want a bit of stress on my mom throughout the entire process. And it worked! My mom was able to enjoy herself the day of and not worry about a thing! Karen and Christina were absolutely great at helping me mold my vision into a reality. They were very responsive to my many emails, and they had so many great vendor recommendations! They made planning fun! And the day of, I got to sit back end enjoy every minute because I knew we were in such good hands! I am so grateful to have worked with these hard working ladies! I would highly recommend them to my family and friends. If you’re a bride to be, do yourself and your mother a favor and hire I-do Weddings!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Anna L

I cannot even begin to describe how happy I am that I went with I-do Weddings and Events for my wedding coordinators. The minute I met Karen and Christina I knew they were the perfect fit. They are so beyond wonderful and seriously will go above and beyond the call of duty. If... Read More it wasn't for them I do not believe my wedding would have been as beautiful as it was or would have gone as smoothly. I am so grateful and cannot thank them enough. I would 100% recommend them to my family and friends. Hire them you will not regret it! :)

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 David H

Christina was wonderful to work with! We we're very much DIY-ing our wedding, but having an objective 3rd party keeping track of everything as well was invaluable! We were planning our wedding from a-far (Destination: Cincinnati!) so we spoke with Christina several times in... Read More the months leading up to the wedding as the plans for various elements became clearer. It was great to have her give us friendly reminders about things we needed to clarify and lock down. Then, the best part, was on the day-of, we turned everything over to her and we didn't have to worry about a thing! Our guests could be guests and the day ran very smoothly! It was a team effort and having Christina on the team was a big win!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015

I have used I do weddings for two daughters and have had an absolutely wonderful experience. From start to finish Brigid and her staff have handled every single detail for two very different daughters with patience , professional and very personal attention. I don't know how I... Read More would have enjoyed being able to focus on my daughters special day without them. They made every step of the process so relaxed - and let me focus on being part of that special day!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kate W

How could I ever have done this wedding without the fabulous team at I Do Weddings?! They were the BEST! Not only were they helpful in the planning and tolerating my many many emails, but they also connected me with wonderful vendors. On the day of, they were nothing less than... Read More professional and helpful. I wouldn't have made it without them. They are the best and they made our day super special. Thanks to everyone who was a part of helping!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Kelly M

If you are looking for a wedding planner, your search should end here! If you are on the fence as to whether or not you need or want a planner... in the words of Nike... "JUST DO IT"! Just make sure it’s “i-do Weddings & Events”. Trust me when I tell you, you will not be... Read More disappointed! Their expertise and professionalism are second to none. I cannot even begin to tell you how instrumental Brigid, Karen, and Christina were in bringing our dream wedding to fruition. These ladies are nothing short of amazing! My husband and I were able to plan our entire wedding from Louisville, amidst the craziness of everyday responsibilities with minimal trips to Cincinnati and little stress (yes…really)! There was no detail left unattended, and no request too large. From communication with all of the vendors, keeping us up to date on what needed to be done when, to a timeline of events down to the minute for the weekend, they really did think of everything! When the big day was upon us, the only thing I had to think about was keeping it together on my walk down the isle, and they even had great advice about that as well! It was so wonderful to be able to relax and enjoy my friends and family the weekend of our wedding, knowing that Brigid and Karen had everything under control. Were it not for i-do Weddings & Events, I know our special day wouldn't have been the same!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Danielle W

Karen and Christina from I-Do Boutique are amazing! They helped make my wedding day flawless! It was the most perfect day and I don't think that would have been possible without them! I have referred them to everyone I know that is getting married! They go above and beyond for... Read More their clients! Thank you for making it the best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Jenny B

We used I-Do Weddings' Day-Of Coordination service. We worked with Karen to organize our vendors, create a timeline, and meet with our caterer prior to the wedding. The day of we worked with Julie and Teresa to keep things on track. Working with Karen was great, she responded to... Read More emails in a timely manner and was able to answer questions throughout the planning process. Julie and Teresa were also great, I knew they were there to keep the day moving and put out any "fires" that may have come up. If there were any "fires" they did their jobs very well, because I never knew of any and the day/evening went flawlessly from my perspective! It was great to know that they were there to work with our vendors throughout the day so myself, my husband, and our families could enjoy the day we worked so hard to plan and put together.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kelly H

From start to finish, I-DO helped us to stay organized and ensure that our wedding day went by seamlessly. Karen was absolutely wonderful in helping us to plan our wedding weekend timeline and ensure that every detail was considered. On the day of, Julie was there to ensure that... Read More neither my mom nor me had to worry about a thing! It was wonderful to know that somebody was there for you so that you could focus on having the best day of your life!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Two words: Hire them!!!! By far the best use of funds for our wedding. Brigid, Karen and Christina are awesome. They listen, are supremely professional and Kept us organized and calm. They know all the best vendors and all these vendors have nothing but praise for them. We... Read More are beyond happy with how our daughters wedding turned out.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Olivia R

Loved working with Karen from I-do. "Day of" planning service was wonderful! As the bride I was not aware of any of the hiccups Karen and team handled it all flawlessly. Highly recommend the I-do team.

Meet The Director of Sales

Brigid and Karen

Brigid is a Master Wedding Planner – one of 69 in the world. In the late 90's, she began teaching a class at U.C. on wedding planning. A local TV reporter did a story on her class mentioning the segment during an “Oprah” show commercial break. Brigid’s phone started ringing immediately, and a wedding planning business was born. Karen is the manager of i-do Weddings & Events and handles daily communication with clients, vendors and creative partners. She has been planning weddings since 2003 when she began coordinating weddings with her mom at Summit Country Day chapel.