Book Your Wedding with il Tulipano

A BALLROOM IN CEDAR GROVE, NJ

If you want to bring together stunning architecture, a romantic ambience, a Mediterranean feel and relaxed elegance to your wedding celebration—not to mention incredible Italian food—then Il Tulipano is the location for you. Located in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, this beautiful venue was custom-created for weddings. It has four distinct spaces you can choose from—combining elements of all four is highly recommended—to create your ideal wedding day.

The Great Hall is a glass-enclosed venue with incredible illumination. For an indoor ceremony that feels as if you were outside, this is the space to use.

The Piazza is an outdoor location that works for unforgettable ceremonies and open-air receptions equally well. A large stone plaza with a definite air reminiscent of Old World Italy provides a magnificent backdrop for your wedding photos—not to mention a romantic first dance. Winding paths lead the bride and groom to lush gardens, landscaped greenery, trellises, stone arches and a soft waterfall. The opportunities for amazing pictures are endless.

The Grand Ballroom is a huge space with ornate details that make it ideal for indoor receptions. It has a large dance floor, a sophisticated ambience and large tulip chandeliers overhead. Gold-colored ceilings, breathtaking lighting and a large balcony overlooking The Piazza complete the picture-ideal appeal of this venue.

Tulip Terrace has a more relaxed vibe, a mixture between classic stone and chic decor. Oh and there’s a piano too. Abundant windows let you take in the afternoon sun, the evening sunset or nighttime stars with a hint of privacy. Not to mention, there are sumptuous pastries.

From the very start, it’s easy to notice that Il Tulipano is focused on taking care of your every need—and wish—before you even expect them it. A team of wedding planners helps you to create the celebration you envision and take away a lot of the stress brides normally feel. Your guests are treated to luxury as well, from the first Champagne greeting to the last cup of coffee on their way out the door from your included coffee station—complete with fresh biscotti.

You need to know that Il Tulipano asks couples to choose from its list of preferred vendors, but that’s a good thing since it knows which professionals can take your wedding to the next level. So when it comes to selecting a DJ or a wedding florist, ask your dedicated wedding planner for suggestions.

As you may expect from an Italian-inspired venue, there are a lot of amazing courses included in your food and drink service, from your cocktail hour to the full sorbet intermezzo and a Venetian hour with homemade Italian pastries, homemade gelato, chocolate fondue fountains, fresh waffles and zeppolis.

There are a number of fantastic packages available for an extra cost as well, like a martini bar, a sushi bar, a caviar station and a ceviche station—just to name a few. Pretty much every review of Il Tulipano makes reference to its unbelievable chef and attentive staff.

Il Tulipano is all about making you feel relaxed and at home. It’s not surprising that its amenities are geared toward your personal comfort and filling your heart—and stomach—with as much happiness and great food as possible.

• Dedicated bridal attendant
  • Exclusive event
  • Award-winning food made 100 percent from scratch
  • Homemade bread and pastries
  • Custom ice sculpture
  • Personalized wedding cake
  • Full open bar with premium wines and spirits
  • Full creperie
  • Peking duck station

Among the options—and there are a ton—that bring so much joy to the heart is a cold service station packed to the brim with jumbo shrimp, scallops, calamari, oysters, clams and tuna carpaccio. Try the exquisite Prosciutto di Parma and Genoa salami. The food is spectacular. Since Il Tulipano only schedules a single event per day, the staff pours all of its creative energy into your wedding.

One wedding at a time

Family owned and operated since 1982, one spectacular wedding at a time in the perfect setting, elaborate cocktail reception on our piazza, dinner & dancing in our elegant ballroom, completing a perfect evening with our Venetian hour… "Good cooking is the basis of true happiness" AUGUSTE ESCOFFIER

Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1131 Pompton Avenue, Cedar Grove, NJ (973) 256-9300

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Michelle O

I cannot say enough good things about il Tulipano. They were the absolute perfect choice for my November wedding! Debbie, Chris and the entire team were helpful and responsive with every question I had throughout the process, and made wonderful recommendations throughout the... Read More planning process. They were very flexible with us, and their #1 priority was always to do what would make us and our guests happy on the big day. The day of went so smoothly...it was a completely stress-free wedding day for my groom, family and I! My wedding was two weeks ago and guests are still calling us to rave about the event - many calling it the greatest wedding they've ever been to. The food was abundant and delicious, the hospitality was warm, and all guests felt so well taken care of. Every aspect of the night went off flawlessly, and I cannot thank the team at il Tulipano enough for making my wedding day nothing less than perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Sabel V

I cannot even begin to express how perfect our wedding day was. We were married on the evening of 11/11/2017. From the moment we walked in the door everything was flawless! Chris was fantastic in helping to plan every aspect of our wedding. He was always available to answer any... Read More questions I had. Veronica the bridal attendant was AMAZING she even helped to keep me warm while taking photos outside. Everyone at il Tulipano went above and beyond to be sure that not only myself and husband were satisfied but guests as well. I HIGHLY recommend il Tulipano to any couples out there who want the perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Erica R

The day that we stepped into il Tulipano for the initial tour, we booked our wedding and ceremony there on the spot. Our wedding was 11/11/17 and it was absolutely perfect. We did an inside ceremony because it was cold and it was beautiful. The cocktail hour food was to die... Read More for, all our guests could not believe that there was a 3 course meal to follow!! Everyone loved the food. The reception was beautiful. The ballroom looked so great. The entire staff was unbelievable. Gregory helped us every step of the way. Carol was fantastic and my bridal attendant was a dream. She made sure we were eating and had a drink in our hands the entire night. My husband and i would highly recommend to any couple to absolutely consider having their wedding here if they want a flawless wedding day. Thank you il Tulipano for our dream wedding!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Allyson M

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at il Tulipano this past summer. I can’t say enough good things about the staff here! Working with Chris throughout the planning process was a pleasure. He was very responsive to emails and phone calls and always answered... Read More any questions I had. Everything went so smoothly the day of our wedding, and all of the little details we had spoken about were executed perfectly! Our bridal attendant took such great care of us and made sure we had time to eat. The food was amazing. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was! We can’t thank the staff of il Tulipano enough for helping to create our beautiful wedding day! We definitely recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jennifer N

Our October 21st wedding was absolutely amazing from start to finish. From the moment we met Donald & his team they made sure everything was perfect and exactly how we wanted. The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing, & Veronica the bridal attendant was out of this world! I... Read More would highly recommend il Tulipano !!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Christina S

Our October 5th wedding was everything we could have ever dreamed of and more! Greg Jr. and his staff made sure that everything was perfect. Our guests are still raving about the food, especially the elaborate cocktail hour and elaborate Viennese hour! We highly recommend Il... Read More Tulipano to everyone wanting to make sure their special day is truly magical!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Twanna G

The venue was beautiful and the food was amazing. Our guests were more than impressed they were wowed!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Lynley G

Il Tulipano truly made my wedding a dream come true. Chris and Donald made sure that everything was perfect and decorated just how we wanted it for our special day. Our bridal attendant Sunday was absolutely amazing , she did everything that was asked of her and more to make... Read More sure my husband and I had a stress free evening.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Britt T

Il Tulipano was the absolute perfect place for us to celebrate our wedding day. We would not have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Erica S

I got married at il Tulipano Sept 2017. Words do not describe how phenomenal of a job the entire staff did! Our bridal attendant was Althea, she was out of this world!! The day was beyond perfect thanks to her. Everything was perfect from the ceremony area to cocktail hour to... Read More the reception. The food here is OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING! The baker there make our cake and that too was soooo good! Our guests still talk about the extravagant cocktail hour food. They fill two rooms with all the food you can possibly image plus have passed hors devours. I highly recommend this venue. The entire staff will go above and beyond any expectations you may have!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Julie M

I could not have had a better place for my wedding !! WOW . Elegant and incredible! Chris made the process easy , The place is stunning and so beautiful! Every detail was perfect all because of the staff and their clear concern for our happiness and enjoyment ! Sunday and Carol... Read More took such good care of us. The food is outstanding, everyone raved about it ! The cake was perfect in every way! they truly go out of their way to ensure an amazing event ! Thank You All at Il Tulipano!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Gina C

Amazing and wonderful experience having our wedding at Il Tulipano. Chris Ryter was a dream to work with, he was always on top of everything and always there to help when needed throughout the entire process. The food was amazing, everything ran smoothly and I never had to worry... Read More about something being forgotten or ignored. The in-house bridal attendant Sunday was also wonderful and I can't thank her and Chris enough for making my day so special! The ballroom upstairs is beyond gorgeous, everything is clean and beautiful, the Viennese room is also beautiful, the cocktail hour room and veranda and outside space are all gorgeous. What also makes this place so amazing is that there's only ever one wedding going on at a time, so they are focused on you for the entire day. The in-house pastry chef made my beautiful cake which exceeded my expectations and matched the photo I provided exactly. Thank you again to everyone at Il Tulipano SO MUCH!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kayla W

My husband and I got married at il Tulipano on July 22nd. I was preparing myself to expect some things to go wrong throughout the day/night but EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT from start to finish. Chris was so helpful and was always willing to answer questions and give his best... Read More advice/suggestions throughout the entire planning process. The bridal attendants were always within reach, ensuring that I always had a drink and that my lipstick was always freshly applied for pictures, dances, speeches, etc. Weeks later, we still have family and friends raving over the venue and the food. I would HIGHLY recommend il Tulipano to any and every bride and groom who are looking for an AMAZING venue that your guests will rave over for weeks/months to come :)

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Janet K

il Tulipano exceeded all of our expectations! From start to finish, Chris was always available to answer questions and made the entire process smooth and enjoyable. The bridal attendant, Veronica, was beyond perfect. From always making sure that I always had a full drink, to... Read More ensuring my dress never got dirty, and being on hand for what ever we needed, we couldn't have asked for anyone better! Our guests are still raving about the quality and quantity of the food from the cocktail hour all the way through the venetian hour. We highly recommend this venue and only hope we can go back as guest someday :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sonia L

il Tulipano was everything and more. I couldn't be happier with our choice. Everything was exactly how we wanted and the food was amazing! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was and how awesome the staff was on the day of our wedding. Chris was a pleasure... Read More to work with and was always available to answer all of our questions. I would highly recommend il Tulipano! Their outside patio and deck is beautiful for pictures and had us feeling like we were in Italy! The bridal assistant, Thea, was a pleasure to have as well. She was there to provide us with food, assistance with my dress, anything you needed she was there to help. Our wedding was exactly what we pictured it to be all thanks to il Tulipano!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Monique S

What an amazing and unforgettable experience at the place of my dreams! Chris helped us from beginning to end making everything impeccable. He helped us figure out what we wanted and constantly followed up with us letting us know about what was going on. The venue recently... Read More remodeled their outdoor area and everything was perfect for our wedding. The food was out of this world I don't even know how to describe it but not one person had anything negative to say. The wedding attendants are very attentive to detail fixing my hair my dress for pictures and keep us on time. The Viennese hour was incredible people had never seen such a fantastic setup. Overall I would recommend this place and their team to everyone looking for an amazing place for a great deal.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Ant P

Throughout all the potential issues and pitfalls of our wedding planning, we never had a single doubt that Chris from il Tulipano would make sure absolutely every detail was perfect. True to his word, our night was incredible. The space was beautiful and our guests are STILL... Read More talking about the food. We never wanted for anything during the night. It's the best decision we made! -Anthony and Erin 5/20/2017

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Theresa W

Absolutely stunning, the food was amazing, and everything went off without a hitch. Our friends and family still cannot stop raving about our wedding here.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Danielle F

Il Tulipano was the second venue we visited out of 10 and I knew we would be back. From when we first met with Chris I knew it would be a smooth process and he would be on top of everything. Our wedding day was everything we imagined it would be! From perfect weather to perfect... Read More service it was great! Chris was so helpful with everything and so were our maître d and bridal attendant... they kept us moving and made sure we ate! Everyone is still raving about the food and most people were from Staten Island and Brooklyn where they are used to great Italian food!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Caitlyn R

My husband and I had our amazing reception at il Tulipano. From the moment we toured the venue we felt it was the perfect place to celebrate with our family and friends on our wedding day. They were so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. The entire staff... Read More is extremely professional and are willing to go above and beyond for you and your guests. Being the only wedding at the venue lets you know that you and your guests will be fully focused on. The grounds are beautiful, the food is out of this world and the Viennese hour will be the talk of everyone who has a sweet tooth! We would highly recommend anyone book their wedding day at il Tulipano and look forward to being able to go back and celebrate with others one day!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Sara M

We worked with Chris at Il Tulipano and he was great at keeping in touch with us and getting everything done that we asked for. Anything we needed done or asked for, was able to be accomplished. The staff at Il Tulipano are fantastic and you can tell they really care about... Read More making your day perfect! They were so easy to work with, from dropping our stuff off early, to having it all boxed up for us to take home the following day, they really delivered on service. Our guests are still talking about how great the service was throughout the night and how amazing the food is!! We had our ceremony inside due to chilly weather. The skylights really let in a ton of natural light, and I added some candles, lanterns, and rose petals, and the space turned out beautiful. I had my own personal bridal attendant who looked out for me the whole night, from getting me a drink and carrying my purse, to bustling my dress. The food is delicious, and they offer everything you could ever want, and more, as far as options go. We had zero complaints having our wedding with Il Tulipano and would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding venue that has it all!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Desiree h

This venue was amazing!!!! All night long everyone told how amazing the food was and how they loved it there! We had our ceremony outside and we couldn't be happier! The cocktail hour has so much food that our guest didn't know what to eat first! Everything was what we expected... Read More and more! Thank you to the entire staff!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Andrea G

Dave and I couldn't have been more happy with our wedding reception at il Tulipano on January 21, 2017! Chris and the entire staff walked us through the whole process and made us feel right at home. They were extremely organized and answered all of our questions right away. Our... Read More guests keep raving about how amazing the food was and how beautiful the venue is. We could not have imagined a more perfect night and beautiful place to have our reception. We would HIGHLY recommend il Tulipano!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Jamie B

Booking Il Tulipano was the best decision we ever made. After going to several venues we met with Donald and knew without a doubt that we needed to book. Everything you could want in a wedding is included in the price they quote you. From the minute we booked, all their staff... Read More was extremely accommodating and passionate about their work. Donald would answer all e-mails at any time of the day and made you feel completely comfortable. Chris and staff made our NYE wedding exactly what we pictured. Every single one of our guests was amazed with the amount of food and how it tasted. They truly put personal touches into everything. The chef, Mario, is outstanding and he makes sure everything is perfect! Our bridal attendant, Veronica, was extremely attentive and made the day easy for us. You will not regret booking with Il Tulipano, they truly gave us the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Allie D

From start to finish Il Tulipano made our 11/12/16 wedding spectacular. From our first meeting to picking up my stuff the morning after, they we're truely top notch. Chris and Greg always went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we wanted to make our day... Read More perfect, and I have to say it was flawless. My bridal assistant Veronica was behind me every step of the way and went above and beyond all my expectations. The food from the cocktail hour to the Viennese hour was outstanding. There was not a single person that left hungry and no one had anything but amazing things to say about it all. Any requests or concerns they we're able to accommodate immediately and communication was always key- I never had to chase anyone down when I had a question or concern during the planning process. The staff worked flawlessly to keep everything moving the way it needed to be. The staff at Il Tulipano really puts the bride and groom first and does not go through the motions as if its "just another wedding". Thank you Il Tulipano for making everything about our day perfect!