Book Your Wedding with il Tulipano

A BALLROOM IN CEDAR GROVE, NJ

If you want to bring together stunning architecture, a romantic ambience, a Mediterranean feel and relaxed elegance to your wedding celebration—not to mention incredible Italian food—then Il Tulipano is the location for you. Located in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, this beautiful venue was custom-created for weddings. It has four distinct spaces you can choose from—combining elements of all four is highly recommended—to create your ideal wedding day.

The Great Hall is a glass-enclosed venue with incredible illumination. For an indoor ceremony that feels as if you were outside, this is the space to use.

The Piazza is an outdoor location that works for unforgettable ceremonies and open-air receptions equally well. A large stone plaza with a definite air reminiscent of Old World Italy provides a magnificent backdrop for your wedding photos—not to mention a romantic first dance. Winding paths lead the bride and groom to lush gardens, landscaped greenery, trellises, stone arches and a soft waterfall. The opportunities for amazing pictures are endless.

The Grand Ballroom is a huge space with ornate details that make it ideal for indoor receptions. It has a large dance floor, a sophisticated ambience and large tulip chandeliers overhead. Gold-colored ceilings, breathtaking lighting and a large balcony overlooking The Piazza complete the picture-ideal appeal of this venue.

Tulip Terrace has a more relaxed vibe, a mixture between classic stone and chic decor. Oh and there’s a piano too. Abundant windows let you take in the afternoon sun, the evening sunset or nighttime stars with a hint of privacy. Not to mention, there are sumptuous pastries.

From the very start, it’s easy to notice that Il Tulipano is focused on taking care of your every need—and wish—before you even expect them it. A team of wedding planners helps you to create the celebration you envision and take away a lot of the stress brides normally feel. Your guests are treated to luxury as well, from the first Champagne greeting to the last cup of coffee on their way out the door from your included coffee station—complete with fresh biscotti.

You need to know that Il Tulipano asks couples to choose from its list of preferred vendors, but that’s a good thing since it knows which professionals can take your wedding to the next level. So when it comes to selecting a DJ or a wedding florist, ask your dedicated wedding planner for suggestions.

As you may expect from an Italian-inspired venue, there are a lot of amazing courses included in your food and drink service, from your cocktail hour to the full sorbet intermezzo and a Venetian hour with homemade Italian pastries, homemade gelato, chocolate fondue fountains, fresh waffles and zeppolis.

There are a number of fantastic packages available for an extra cost as well, like a martini bar, a sushi bar, a caviar station and a ceviche station—just to name a few. Pretty much every review of Il Tulipano makes reference to its unbelievable chef and attentive staff.

Il Tulipano is all about making you feel relaxed and at home. It’s not surprising that its amenities are geared toward your personal comfort and filling your heart—and stomach—with as much happiness and great food as possible.

• Dedicated bridal attendant
  • Exclusive event
  • Award-winning food made 100 percent from scratch
  • Homemade bread and pastries
  • Custom ice sculpture
  • Personalized wedding cake
  • Full open bar with premium wines and spirits
  • Full creperie
  • Peking duck station

Among the options—and there are a ton—that bring so much joy to the heart is a cold service station packed to the brim with jumbo shrimp, scallops, calamari, oysters, clams and tuna carpaccio. Try the exquisite Prosciutto di Parma and Genoa salami. The food is spectacular. Since Il Tulipano only schedules a single event per day, the staff pours all of its creative energy into your wedding.

One wedding at a time

Family owned and operated since 1982, one spectacular wedding at a time in the perfect setting, elaborate cocktail reception on our piazza, dinner & dancing in our elegant ballroom, completing a perfect evening with our Venetian hour… "Good cooking is the basis of true happiness" AUGUSTE ESCOFFIER

Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1131 Pompton Avenue, Cedar Grove, NJ (973) 256-9300

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Gina C

Amazing and wonderful experience having our wedding at Il Tulipano. Chris Ryter was a dream to work with, he was always on top of everything and always there to help when needed throughout the entire process. The food was amazing, everything ran smoothly and I never had to worry... Read More about something being forgotten or ignored. The in-house bridal attendant Sunday was also wonderful and I can't thank her and Chris enough for making my day so special! The ballroom upstairs is beyond gorgeous, everything is clean and beautiful, the Viennese room is also beautiful, the cocktail hour room and veranda and outside space are all gorgeous. What also makes this place so amazing is that there's only ever one wedding going on at a time, so they are focused on you for the entire day. The in-house pastry chef made my beautiful cake which exceeded my expectations and matched the photo I provided exactly. Thank you again to everyone at Il Tulipano SO MUCH!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kayla W

My husband and I got married at il Tulipano on July 22nd. I was preparing myself to expect some things to go wrong throughout the day/night but EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT from start to finish. Chris was so helpful and was always willing to answer questions and give his best... Read More advice/suggestions throughout the entire planning process. The bridal attendants were always within reach, ensuring that I always had a drink and that my lipstick was always freshly applied for pictures, dances, speeches, etc. Weeks later, we still have family and friends raving over the venue and the food. I would HIGHLY recommend il Tulipano to any and every bride and groom who are looking for an AMAZING venue that your guests will rave over for weeks/months to come :)

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Janet K

il Tulipano exceeded all of our expectations! From start to finish, Chris was always available to answer questions and made the entire process smooth and enjoyable. The bridal attendant, Veronica, was beyond perfect. From always making sure that I always had a full drink, to... Read More ensuring my dress never got dirty, and being on hand for what ever we needed, we couldn't have asked for anyone better! Our guests are still raving about the quality and quantity of the food from the cocktail hour all the way through the venetian hour. We highly recommend this venue and only hope we can go back as guest someday :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sonia L

il Tulipano was everything and more. I couldn't be happier with our choice. Everything was exactly how we wanted and the food was amazing! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was and how awesome the staff was on the day of our wedding. Chris was a pleasure... Read More to work with and was always available to answer all of our questions. I would highly recommend il Tulipano! Their outside patio and deck is beautiful for pictures and had us feeling like we were in Italy! The bridal assistant, Thea, was a pleasure to have as well. She was there to provide us with food, assistance with my dress, anything you needed she was there to help. Our wedding was exactly what we pictured it to be all thanks to il Tulipano!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Monique S

What an amazing and unforgettable experience at the place of my dreams! Chris helped us from beginning to end making everything impeccable. He helped us figure out what we wanted and constantly followed up with us letting us know about what was going on. The venue recently... Read More remodeled their outdoor area and everything was perfect for our wedding. The food was out of this world I don't even know how to describe it but not one person had anything negative to say. The wedding attendants are very attentive to detail fixing my hair my dress for pictures and keep us on time. The Viennese hour was incredible people had never seen such a fantastic setup. Overall I would recommend this place and their team to everyone looking for an amazing place for a great deal.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Ant P

Throughout all the potential issues and pitfalls of our wedding planning, we never had a single doubt that Chris from il Tulipano would make sure absolutely every detail was perfect. True to his word, our night was incredible. The space was beautiful and our guests are STILL... Read More talking about the food. We never wanted for anything during the night. It's the best decision we made! -Anthony and Erin 5/20/2017

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Theresa W

Absolutely stunning, the food was amazing, and everything went off without a hitch. Our friends and family still cannot stop raving about our wedding here.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Danielle F

Il Tulipano was the second venue we visited out of 10 and I knew we would be back. From when we first met with Chris I knew it would be a smooth process and he would be on top of everything. Our wedding day was everything we imagined it would be! From perfect weather to perfect... Read More service it was great! Chris was so helpful with everything and so were our maître d and bridal attendant... they kept us moving and made sure we ate! Everyone is still raving about the food and most people were from Staten Island and Brooklyn where they are used to great Italian food!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Caitlyn R

My husband and I had our amazing reception at il Tulipano. From the moment we toured the venue we felt it was the perfect place to celebrate with our family and friends on our wedding day. They were so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. The entire staff... Read More is extremely professional and are willing to go above and beyond for you and your guests. Being the only wedding at the venue lets you know that you and your guests will be fully focused on. The grounds are beautiful, the food is out of this world and the Viennese hour will be the talk of everyone who has a sweet tooth! We would highly recommend anyone book their wedding day at il Tulipano and look forward to being able to go back and celebrate with others one day!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Sara M

We worked with Chris at Il Tulipano and he was great at keeping in touch with us and getting everything done that we asked for. Anything we needed done or asked for, was able to be accomplished. The staff at Il Tulipano are fantastic and you can tell they really care about... Read More making your day perfect! They were so easy to work with, from dropping our stuff off early, to having it all boxed up for us to take home the following day, they really delivered on service. Our guests are still talking about how great the service was throughout the night and how amazing the food is!! We had our ceremony inside due to chilly weather. The skylights really let in a ton of natural light, and I added some candles, lanterns, and rose petals, and the space turned out beautiful. I had my own personal bridal attendant who looked out for me the whole night, from getting me a drink and carrying my purse, to bustling my dress. The food is delicious, and they offer everything you could ever want, and more, as far as options go. We had zero complaints having our wedding with Il Tulipano and would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding venue that has it all!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Desiree h

This venue was amazing!!!! All night long everyone told how amazing the food was and how they loved it there! We had our ceremony outside and we couldn't be happier! The cocktail hour has so much food that our guest didn't know what to eat first! Everything was what we expected... Read More and more! Thank you to the entire staff!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Andrea G

Dave and I couldn't have been more happy with our wedding reception at il Tulipano on January 21, 2017! Chris and the entire staff walked us through the whole process and made us feel right at home. They were extremely organized and answered all of our questions right away. Our... Read More guests keep raving about how amazing the food was and how beautiful the venue is. We could not have imagined a more perfect night and beautiful place to have our reception. We would HIGHLY recommend il Tulipano!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Jamie B

Booking Il Tulipano was the best decision we ever made. After going to several venues we met with Donald and knew without a doubt that we needed to book. Everything you could want in a wedding is included in the price they quote you. From the minute we booked, all their staff... Read More was extremely accommodating and passionate about their work. Donald would answer all e-mails at any time of the day and made you feel completely comfortable. Chris and staff made our NYE wedding exactly what we pictured. Every single one of our guests was amazed with the amount of food and how it tasted. They truly put personal touches into everything. The chef, Mario, is outstanding and he makes sure everything is perfect! Our bridal attendant, Veronica, was extremely attentive and made the day easy for us. You will not regret booking with Il Tulipano, they truly gave us the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Allie D

From start to finish Il Tulipano made our 11/12/16 wedding spectacular. From our first meeting to picking up my stuff the morning after, they we're truely top notch. Chris and Greg always went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we wanted to make our day... Read More perfect, and I have to say it was flawless. My bridal assistant Veronica was behind me every step of the way and went above and beyond all my expectations. The food from the cocktail hour to the Viennese hour was outstanding. There was not a single person that left hungry and no one had anything but amazing things to say about it all. Any requests or concerns they we're able to accommodate immediately and communication was always key- I never had to chase anyone down when I had a question or concern during the planning process. The staff worked flawlessly to keep everything moving the way it needed to be. The staff at Il Tulipano really puts the bride and groom first and does not go through the motions as if its "just another wedding". Thank you Il Tulipano for making everything about our day perfect!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Alexia G

My husband and I were absolutely blown away by the incredible service and reception that Il Tulipano delivered. From the moment we arrived I was completely mesermorized seeing how Chris and the staff made my vision come to life! The number one compliment that everyone was... Read More raving about was the food(the taste and the amount of it)! I have never witnessed a more incredible cocktail and dessert hour in my life!! Gregory and his staff were available with everything and anything my husband and I needed that night. They truly made it a night to remember!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anthony R

We got married at Il Tulipano on 10/21/16 and we could not have been happier with the service Il Tulipano provided. Chris Ryter was a pleasure to work with as was the rest of the staff. The food was phenomenal and vainness hour was spectacular. Chris was a man of his word as... Read More he mentioned to us that they wait until the last minute to determine where the wedding ceremony will be set up. I didn't think that really meant last minute but sure enough as I was taking pictures before the ceremony I saw Chris's staff wheeling out the chairs to set up the ceremony outside. There was a clearing in the skies as our wedding time approached and they set it up in a flash and it turned out to be absolutely perfect. My mom is a diabetic and they went out of their way to make my mother's meal as she needed it. Thank you again for our wedding day a special one. I would highly recommend them to anyone if they want to have a beautiful wedding day with no worries and perfection.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jenn P

I can't not say enough wonderful things about Il Tulipano! We just had our wedding there this past weekend and it was spectacular. Donald helped us through the whole process. The food was excellent , the staff was speedy and everyone had a great time. We are all still getting... Read More phone calls about how great of a time our guests had! Our bridal attendant went above our expectations and we never wanted for anything! We would love to book another even here or be invited to one just to enjoy it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jennifer A

A huge thank you to Il Tulipano who hosted my dream wedding a few weeks ago.. I was so confident in my decision to go with them and my wedding just reinforced how happy I am that I decided to have my wedding at this venue. I can't say enough wonderful things about it. From the... Read More minute I met Jessi and Chris, everything was so easy. This venue has it all figured out and make everything so seamless and easy for a busy bride. The staff at il tulipano are the most professional in the wedding industry. My guests will not stop raving about how good the food was and delicious the dessert was. Some people say it's the best wedding and food they ever experienced. It's the best feeling to hear this and i would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for the perfect place where you can sit back and let them host your perfect day. The level of quality and professionalism across the board was something I haven't seen at many weddings. Now i just wish I could go to someone else's wedding at il tulipano so I could experience it more without having to take photos every minute!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Angie O

il Tulipano was amazing in every way. All our guests from in-state and out of state had nothing but great things to say about our venue. il Tulipano made us comfortable with everything, they were there for us every step of the way, and made our day above and beyond perfection!!... Read More The food and ambiance is extraordinary, as well as making you feel like family. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the dream wedding we wanted!--Angie and Josh

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Amanda D

We had our wedding at il Tulipano on 9/9/16 and it was the PERFECT wedding! We worked with Jessi and she was incredibly sweet, responsive, and helpful. We can’t thank her enough for all her assistance in helping us to pull off our dream wedding. It was an absolute pleasure... Read More working with her; she is amazing as is the rest of the staff! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure things went off without a hitch and everyone was having a great time. We didn’t have to worry about a thing, just be in the moment and enjoy our wedding day! Our guests are still raving about how incredible the food was and how gorgeous the venue is, especially the outside courtyard! We are incredibly happy that we chose this venue as it was the perfect day and we would not change a thing.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Ashlee B

Beyond amazing! We had our wedding at Il Tulipano on 9/18/16 and it was fantastic! Donald worked with us throughout the whole thing. He was extremely helpful and made planning simple. Our cocktail hour and sit down dinner blew our guests away.. and to be honest it blew us away... Read More as well. It was amazing, the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff was on top of their game and the maître d', Carol ran everything smoothly. Our bridal attendant, Sundea was such a help.. she us our drinks filled before we even finished them, she helped with my dress and veil, she was fantastic. I cannot thank her enough, my mother passed away a few years ago and Sundea was so caring, it was like I had a mom to help me on my wedding day. The grounds are gorgeous too, great for pictures. My husband and I could not have asked for a better venue. Il Tulipano gave us the best night of our lives and we are so grateful to them!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Terri M

We had our wedding at Il Tulipano on August 20th and it was the MOST amazing day ever! We got to work with Chris the entire process and he was so great with answering all of our questions and making us feel stress-free! He always had great suggestions and he helped us to stay... Read More organized with planning from start to finish. Our guests cannot stop talking about how delicious all of the food was and how beautiful the venue looked! Our maître d' and bridal assistant made the night go flawlessly. We honestly could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Giovanna M

We had our wedding reception at il Tulipano two weeks ago and we were completely blown away!! We saw an ad in a magazine for il Tulipano and the Italian charm caught my eye, being from a large Italian family. My husband was skeptical based on the ad, but when we went to the... Read More venue to see it, we both fell in love with it. Chris Ryter was great throughout the whole process. He answered my daily e-mails and truly cared about giving us the best experience possible. Il Tulipano is a one wedding at a time venue, which was important to us. We had the entire premises to ourselves!! Our guests are still raving about our wedding. The food was incredible and bountiful, and the staff treated us like royalty. I had a bridal attendant who attended to our every need, which was incredibly helpful. We could not have asked for a better reception! We highly recommend il Tulipano!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Jennifer O

il Tulipano was everything we could have dreamed of for our wedding! My husband's brother got married at il Tulipano 8 years ago with excellent feedback from all guests. When we were looking for a wedding venue, il Tulipano was at the top of our list. We originally did not... Read More think they fit in our budget, but we are so grateful everything worked out. Jessi is phenomenal! She answered all questions and emails immediately. She is organized and professional! Jessi checked in with us throughout our planning stage. A week before the wedding, Jessi checked in with us to make sure we had everything ready for our big day! The bridal attendant we had was exceptional! She was extremely professional. She made sure we sat and ate during the cocktail hour - we kept getting pulled away to chat with our guests, and she made sure she got us food to eat. When there was 10 minutes to the end of the cocktail hour, she was calm but adamant that we sat and ate - we were both grateful! She took off my veil and bustled my dress in seconds! She made sure we ate our dinner and throughout the evening, she made sure we always had full drinks. We truly believe she was instrumental in ensuring the evening was phenomenal! We picked up our personal items the next day - everything was packed up for us. They even wrapped up our cake and desserts! We cannot say enough excellent things about il Tulipano! They really gave us our fairy tale wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Nadia V

Il Tulipano is the perfect wedding venue! We had our wedding here on 6/26/16 and it was everything we hoped for and more. From the exceptional food, the outstanding service and beautiful venue. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing the cocktail hour and viennese... Read More hour were. I also can't say enough good things about Chris and how helpful he was throughout the whole planning process and the day of. It shows that they really care about making your day as special as possible! I would recommend Il Tulipano in a heartbeat and wish that I could do my wedding day all over again!