il Tulipano

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1131 Pompton Avenue, Cedar Grove, NJ

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Terri M

We had our wedding at Il Tulipano on August 20th and it was the MOST amazing day ever! We got to work with Chris the entire process and he was so great with answering all of our questions and making us feel stress-free! He always had great suggestions and he helped us to stay... Read More organized with planning from start to finish. Our guests cannot stop talking about how delicious all of the food was and how beautiful the venue looked! Our maître d' and bridal assistant made the night go flawlessly. We honestly could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Giovanna R

We had our wedding reception at il Tulipano two weeks ago and we were completely blown away!! We saw an ad in a magazine for il Tulipano and the Italian charm caught my eye, being from a large Italian family. My husband was skeptical based on the ad, but when we went to the... Read More venue to see it, we both fell in love with it. Chris Ryter was great throughout the whole process. He answered my daily e-mails and truly cared about giving us the best experience possible. Il Tulipano is a one wedding at a time venue, which was important to us. We had the entire premises to ourselves!! Our guests are still raving about our wedding. The food was incredible and bountiful, and the staff treated us like royalty. I had a bridal attendant who attended to our every need, which was incredibly helpful. We could not have asked for a better reception! We highly recommend il Tulipano!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Jennifer O

il Tulipano was everything we could have dreamed of for our wedding! My husband's brother got married at il Tulipano 8 years ago with excellent feedback from all guests. When we were looking for a wedding venue, il Tulipano was at the top of our list. We originally did not... Read More think they fit in our budget, but we are so grateful everything worked out. Jessi is phenomenal! She answered all questions and emails immediately. She is organized and professional! Jessi checked in with us throughout our planning stage. A week before the wedding, Jessi checked in with us to make sure we had everything ready for our big day! The bridal attendant we had was exceptional! She was extremely professional. She made sure we sat and ate during the cocktail hour - we kept getting pulled away to chat with our guests, and she made sure she got us food to eat. When there was 10 minutes to the end of the cocktail hour, she was calm but adamant that we sat and ate - we were both grateful! She took off my veil and bustled my dress in seconds! She made sure we ate our dinner and throughout the evening, she made sure we always had full drinks. We truly believe she was instrumental in ensuring the evening was phenomenal! We picked up our personal items the next day - everything was packed up for us. They even wrapped up our cake and desserts! We cannot say enough excellent things about il Tulipano! They really gave us our fairy tale wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Nadia V

Il Tulipano is the perfect wedding venue! We had our wedding here on 6/26/16 and it was everything we hoped for and more. From the exceptional food, the outstanding service and beautiful venue. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing the cocktail hour and viennese... Read More hour were. I also can't say enough good things about Chris and how helpful he was throughout the whole planning process and the day of. It shows that they really care about making your day as special as possible! I would recommend Il Tulipano in a heartbeat and wish that I could do my wedding day all over again!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception here on July 3, 2016. We cannot say enough great things about il Tulipano. Our guests were beyond pleased as were we. Donald, Carol, Sunday, and the rest of the staff were so helpful. Everything was beautiful. The food was amazing... Read More and the cocktail hour was perfect.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Caitlin M

This venue was absolutely perfect for our wedding of about 170. The food is delicious, the space is beautiful, and the staff is amazing. We had such a great, stress-free night. Our guests keep talking about how good the food was, and how beautiful the venue was.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Nicole D

I don't even know where to begin- from the second we walked into Il Tulipano to see the venue- the people there went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable- we worked closely with Chris and he was truly amazing- we had an absolutely perfect wedding day from start to finish... Read More because of everyone at this venue- they went above and beyond- the food was amazing, the rooms were beautiful, and everyone who attended our wedding had nothing but amazing things to say! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

The food is over the top fab!!! Staff is just as great . I'm so happy we choose to have our wedding here and looking forward to have more events here. The outside is also perfect for pictures . All around best venue ever!!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Ashley C

We had a beautiful 80th Birthday party for my grandmother at the Il Tulipano and my family could not have been happier with the experience we had. The grounds were gorgeous and very easily accessible, which was great because a lot of our guests that day were elderly. As a large... Read More Italian family, we expect the food to be a big part of how well the party goes, and the chefs at this venue did not disappoint. Everything was excellent quality, very fresh and very delicious. I have to say that we were most happy with the service, which goes a long way when you are trying to make a party run smoothly. The entire staff was quick and efficient from start to finish. They helped arrange our centerpieces beforehand and even helped people pack them up to take home without any hesitation. The three staff members I was working with, Chris, Carol and Sunday, were all extremely helpful and they each went above and beyond to create a wonderful experience for my family. We truly appreciate the great customer service and will definitely be back again! Thanks everyone! :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Maria P

Memories that will last forever! Not only for me and my husband, but also for my guests who enjoyed the food and excellent service. The atmosphere was great, when a few of my guests arrived, as soon as they walked in the door they were amazed by the appearance of the place.... Read More Everyone kept telling me how beautiful the venue is. Everyone enjoyed the food so much; we never wanted the night to end! The dessert was phenomenal too, the bartenders know how to make a great drink and even the quality of their wine selection was exceptional. The staff is so friendly and on point with everything. Highly recommend this venue and everything on their menu! I have been to so many weddings at different venues and il Tulipano by far surpasses any other place I have ever been too. Thank you so much for making my day special. This is the real thing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Stefanie S

People are still talking about how incredible the wedding was!!! I can’t believe it’s been over two months since our wedding and all of my friends and family keep talking about how lovely the food and staff was at il Tulipano. From the moment we arrived our bridal attendant made... Read More me feel right at home. We had our ceremony at a church and when we arrived there was a pleather of food in the suite waiting for us. Cocktail hour was sensational – lots of food, great variety, so flavorful – simply amazing. The ballroom was magnificent - the chavira chairs, the lightening, linens, everything was just perfect. The elegance was just perfectly matched by the food that was incredible. Still on cloud nine!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Victoria N

Just got back from our amazing honeymoon and couldn’t wait to write this review! Still remembering how perfect and wonderful everything was for our wedding. From the most beautiful outside ceremony area, getting married under the pergola, and transitioning to the Piazza area... Read More where all of my guests had the choice to enjoy cocktail hour outside or inside. I can remember watching my family and friends taking group pictures by the waterfall, which is just one of the many places to take photos. During cocktail hour everyone enjoyed the outside tables with these beautiful umbrellas, outside bar, stations around the room inside and the butler d’oeuvres. The food is absolutely delicious, my family and friends are still raving about it! The ballroom is stunning and the service was to perfection. The room Viennese hour is in, wow – all the windows, couldn’t have been more perfect, except it was with all of the wonderful dessert stations! The entire team was so wonderful to work with and we can’t thank you enough for making our day so amazing and special!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Danitza V

If we had to get married again, we would definitely go with il Tulipano again. Greg and his staff created the perfect day/event for us. We had the ceremony right on their beautiful piazza and it was magical. The food, drinks, and service were fabulous. The staff took care of... Read More absolutely everything, we did not have to even think of anything that day because they were there to cater to our every need and with perfect attention to detail. The garden was beautifully taken care off. Everything was so clean and neat and everyone so gracious and professionals at this.

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

We could not be happier that we chose Il Tulipano as our wedding venue. My wedding was absolutely amazing and I loved my experience with Il Tulipano. The entire process was fantastic. Chris made the process smooth and effortless. He knew exactly how to deal with an extremely... Read More nervous bride and was always responsive to any questions or concerns. Chris, Jessie, and Donald were all wonderful, gave me guidance, and made me feel like they had everything under control. The day of our wedding everything went perfectly. Even when clouds started to roll in, they were prepared to start my outdoor ceremony 15 minutes early to beat the rain. It was also no problem or extra cost when they had to start my cocktail hour 20 minutes earlier then expected. Thea and Carol were truly great. No matter what we needed they were there. From helping me get dressed, to having our favorite foods already on our table during the cocktail hour, to reminding me to eat...I could honestly go on and on about how fantastic our day was made by the team at Il Tulipano. Our guests were raving over the food. We saw a friend a week later and he said he was still full from our cocktail hour. My husband and I are blessed to have had such a beautiful wedding made special by this unbelievable team. So many family and friends have told us that it was the best wedding reception they had ever attended. The food was so delicious. The dessert hour was so incredible I didn't know where to look first. Also, the pastry chef made our wedding cake exactly how I pictured it. It was not only beautiful, it tasted amazing. Their attention to detail and their charming demeanors are wonderful examples of why the staff at Il Tulipano is so impressive. We truly loved our day and couldn't be happier. Thank you, Trisha and Wayne Bishop

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Kimberly H

We got married on 9-3-15 with our reception at Il Tulipano and it was a perfect day!!! We originally decided on this venue because of several key points: reputation, only one wedding at a time, excellent and plenty of food, beautiful grounds & superb service. I had been to a... Read More wedding there myself years earlier and it was one of my favorites. Our wedding day then became my favorite! All those reasons to book became the reason we would recommend to anyone else! Even though our salesman left, we had the owner and other associates pick up the slack. Carol, the maitre d' and Thea, my bridal attendant were so attentive to my wants and made the night flow seamlessly. We added the dessert room to our contract and it was an impressive touch to the last hour of partying. Our guests raved about how wonderful the wedding was. It was the best way to start a marriage! Thank you, Il Tulipano!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Christopher P

We got engaged on the beach, most of our vacations involved the beach, and we practically had a second address at the beach. So when the time came for looking for a venue for our wedding the only natural thought that came into our heads was a beach wedding . . . fast forward... Read More half a dozen venues later we finally decided to listen to the Mother of the Groom to look at local venues. We did not expect to find anything we would like but then we went to il Tulipano and realized it was the place for us. From meeting with the staff the first time, to the amazing evening they provided for the food tasting event (every available options for the cocktail hours and deserts), to Christopher helping us plan and organize all the details of our big day they were exceptionally professional while still managing to maintain a personal touch which made us feel as if our wedding was their most important one. Come time for the rehearsal we were further they walked us through everything, making us feel confident and helped get rid of any day before jitters we had, knowing they would ensure a seamless ceremony. The wedding day was finally here and they made sure everything was perfect. The ceremony location was gorgeous, the flowers around the whole venue gave a wonderful welcoming feel to the whole occasion, and everything was beyond what our wildest dreams could imagine. The whole time ended up being a huge blur for us, but what we can remember, the exceptional staff (especially the bridal attendant and maître d’), as well as all the overwhelming comments from our guest of the best wedding we have been to, amazing food, gorgeous location, and on and on, we know we made the best decision to have il Tulipano help make our wedding into our Perfect Wedding. Words truly cannot describe how wonderful it was to have our wedding at il Tulipano!

Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Ally M

This was the first venue my husband and I made an appointment to see. They were very helpful in making sure we could see the venue at our convenience. Donald was who we worked with through out our process. He not only showed us around, but explained everything to us before I... Read More could even ask the questions I had prepared. We didn't look at many venues after il Tulipano because we knew that was where we wanted to have our wedding. Donald sat and explained pricing to us and all that it included. They allowed us to pay monthly, which was huge for us since we paid for everything. The day of the wedding, the venue was absolutely perfect! I had brought in all our additions (cake cutter, toasting glasses, flip flops, etc.) in 5 days before the wedding. They had everything exactly where it was supposed to be. They didn't hesitate to go out of their way to help with anything. The staff working was exceptional! Any time someone got up, they came back to a folded napkin. Our friends are STILL (2 months later) talking about the food! They had everything you can think of for cocktail hour and plenty of it! I personally loved that there was plenty of tables and seating during cocktail hour, because that is something I dislike at other venues we go to. We have also received countless compliments on the dinner. Many guests ordered the filet mignon from their choice of dinners and were surprised at how large the steak they received was. They were also confused as to why they didn't receive steak knives, only to learn it was so tender, you just needed a butter knife. At the end of the night, they had all the stuff I brought in for the wedding packed up for me and ready to go. I cannot begin to tell you how much I recommend this venue! They were spectacular in every way! My only wish is I can go to someone else's wedding there so I can enjoy it as a guest there as well.

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Dana M

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Il Tulipano on April 26, 2015. The most amazing experience I have ever had. The service was beyond outstanding. They were so welcoming, attentive and thoughtful throughout the whole process and especially the day of our... Read More wedding. The food was perfection. I am still getting calls from family friends about how amazing the food and service were. We have also eaten at their restaurant Rare in Little Falls and it falls in the same category amazing. I would recommend Il Tulipano for every event especially Weddings. We also recommend their Steakhouse Rare. Top Notch on everything. Thank you Il Tulipano for an unforgettable Wedding!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015

We got married at Il Tulipano this past April and I can't say enough good things about it! It was perfect from beginning to end! Il Tulipano was the first venue we looked at and after meeting with Donald and then looking at other venues we just had a feeling this was the... Read More place! Our friends and family are still raving about it and we have heard over and over it was one of the best weddings ever! The food was fantastic and the variety of food to chose from was endless. Veronica and Carol were amazing-- they did everything possible to make our day go smoothly and went well beyond our expectations. I would strongly recommend Il Tulipano to family and friends.

You can't go wrong!!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2015 Kristin F

Our guests could not stop talking about the food! The entire staff helped us ensure our day went off without a hitch. Best venue ever!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 4/16/2015 Melissa K

We had our wedding there on March 27, 2015 and everything was perfect. The place is beautiful and everyone has been raving about the food for weeks. Thea was our bridal attendant and she was great. Really knew what she was doing and so helpful. Really hope one of our friends... Read More gets married there so we can experience it as guests!!

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Angelica V

I cannot express how absolutely WONDERFUL Il Tulipano was for our wedding! From the ceremony in the garden to the reception in the ballroom, everything was PERFECT. Greg Jr. is AMAZING- he was so much fun to talk to, understood what I wanted, and made sure my night went exactly... Read More how it was supposed to. He was there for the rehearsal as well as the entire wedding night and was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made sure that I got everything I wanted done.. he said he would even full these little cones of flowers on the day of the wedding!! (we ended up getting them done earlier, but he really made us feel that he would do absolutely anything for us). The matre D and the other woman were soooooooo helpful. They were there for me, the groom, and even my mom through the whole night. Literally ANYTHING we wanted or needed they were there. The matre d even sewed my dress back together during the reception when it ripped while I was dancing! She held my lip gloss, helped me change from my heels to flip flops like 4 times, and got me w/e I wanted to drink all the time. She also made sure that my husband and I sat down during the cocktail hour and brought us all the food we wanted. She and the other assistant were delightful and SUCH a hugeeeee help. They as well as all of the other staff completely blew my expectations. The food was incredible.. my guests are still raving at how wonderful and delicious everything was. To be honest, most people said it was the best wedding they have been to! It was everything I dreamed of and more!!!!!

Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Rita H

Il Tulipano was beyond amazing for our wedding day this summer! I could not have asked for a better time planning our wedding and an even better day. All of my guests can't stop talking about our wedding - that it was the best they have ever been to. The food and service were... Read More unbelievable!

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Geraldina C

I can't say enough about Il Tulipano, my husband & I had our wedding here this past August 16th, it was the best decision we made. I had found Il Tulipano on a whim when I first got engaged online and I knew it was going to be the venue we chose before even meeting anyone or... Read More seeing it in person (I had a gut feeling about it ), so I called to make an apt and got Donald on the phone, when we first met Donald that day we toured the grounds he made us all feel like family that very moment and it was everything I imagined and more in person. The whole duration of the year prior to the wedding was the best time of my life leading up to this, Donald did everything possible leading up to this day to make our day perfect and when I tell you our wedding day was perfect in every way, it was . Thea and Carol that day were my two angels they made sure I had everything needed and helped with anything you could think of. The beauty, elegance, class, food, and the TRADITION are Il Tulipano. Our guests are still raving saying it was the best wedding they ever attended and the food was amazing. It was everything and more to get married here. If you want exceptional food, service and beauty you have all 3 when you book Il Tulipano. If I ever need to book another event they will be my number one always! So thank you to everyone there, especially my Donald for the best day of my life, it truly was dream come true that I will never forget and I will never forget each and everyone of you there!

il Tulipano wedding August 2014

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Fiona L

Hands down, the best! My wedding was perfect. The service superb and the food was fantastic! We had family tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to!