il Tulipano

Cedar Grove, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

One wedding at a time

Family owned and operated since 1982, one spectacular wedding at a time in the perfect setting, elaborate cocktail reception on our piazza, dinner & dancing in our elegant ballroom, completing a perfect evening with our Venetian hour… "Good cooking is the basis of true happiness" AUGUSTE ESCOFFIER

Guest Capacity

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1131 Pompton Avenue, Cedar Grove, NJ

Reviewed on 1/28/2014 Stephanie P

They made my day very special

11/9 wedding

Reviewed on 12/08/2013 Jessica

I had my wedding at il Tulipano on November 9, 2013. What an amazing night. The cocktail hour is phenomenal and the dessert is wonderful. The staff, especially Jacques and Thea, attend to ever detail, and nothing is overlooked. The place is beautiful and looks wonderful all... Read More decorated. I would get married there all over again.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Melissa M

We couldn't have been happier with the way our wedding turned out. The grounds were in beautiful shape for the ceremony. Our guests are still complimenting us on the food selection, especially the cocktail hour. Greg and his staff were extremely professional as well, from the... Read More time we booked all the way through the planning and the reception. We would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Maria P

Memories that will last forever! Not only for me and my husband, but also for my guests who enjoyed the food and excellent service. The atmosphere was great, when a few of my guests arrived, as soon as they walked in the door they were amazed by the appearance of the place.... Read More Everyone kept telling me how beautiful the venue is. Everyone enjoyed the food so much; we never wanted the night to end! The dessert was phenomenal too, the bartenders know how to make a great drink and even the quality of their wine selection was exceptional. The staff is so friendly and on point with everything. Highly recommend this venue and everything on their menu! I have been to so many weddings at different venues and il Tulipano by far surpasses any other place I have ever been too. Thank you so much for making my day special. This is the real thing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Stefanie S

People are still talking about how incredible the wedding was!!! I can’t believe it’s been over two months since our wedding and all of my friends and family keep talking about how lovely the food and staff was at il Tulipano. From the moment we arrived our bridal attendant made... Read More me feel right at home. We had our ceremony at a church and when we arrived there was a pleather of food in the suite waiting for us. Cocktail hour was sensational – lots of food, great variety, so flavorful – simply amazing. The ballroom was magnificent - the chavira chairs, the lightening, linens, everything was just perfect. The elegance was just perfectly matched by the food that was incredible. Still on cloud nine!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Victoria N

Just got back from our amazing honeymoon and couldn’t wait to write this review! Still remembering how perfect and wonderful everything was for our wedding. From the most beautiful outside ceremony area, getting married under the pergola, and transitioning to the Piazza area... Read More where all of my guests had the choice to enjoy cocktail hour outside or inside. I can remember watching my family and friends taking group pictures by the waterfall, which is just one of the many places to take photos. During cocktail hour everyone enjoyed the outside tables with these beautiful umbrellas, outside bar, stations around the room inside and the butler d’oeuvres. The food is absolutely delicious, my family and friends are still raving about it! The ballroom is stunning and the service was to perfection. The room Viennese hour is in, wow – all the windows, couldn’t have been more perfect, except it was with all of the wonderful dessert stations! The entire team was so wonderful to work with and we can’t thank you enough for making our day so amazing and special!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Danitza V

If we had to get married again, we would definitely go with il Tulipano again. Greg and his staff created the perfect day/event for us. We had the ceremony right on their beautiful piazza and it was magical. The food, drinks, and service were fabulous. The staff took care of... Read More absolutely everything, we did not have to even think of anything that day because they were there to cater to our every need and with perfect attention to detail. The garden was beautifully taken care off. Everything was so clean and neat and everyone so gracious and professionals at this.

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

We could not be happier that we chose Il Tulipano as our wedding venue. My wedding was absolutely amazing and I loved my experience with Il Tulipano. The entire process was fantastic. Chris made the process smooth and effortless. He knew exactly how to deal with an extremely... Read More nervous bride and was always responsive to any questions or concerns. Chris, Jessie, and Donald were all wonderful, gave me guidance, and made me feel like they had everything under control. The day of our wedding everything went perfectly. Even when clouds started to roll in, they were prepared to start my outdoor ceremony 15 minutes early to beat the rain. It was also no problem or extra cost when they had to start my cocktail hour 20 minutes earlier then expected. Thea and Carol were truly great. No matter what we needed they were there. From helping me get dressed, to having our favorite foods already on our table during the cocktail hour, to reminding me to eat...I could honestly go on and on about how fantastic our day was made by the team at Il Tulipano. Our guests were raving over the food. We saw a friend a week later and he said he was still full from our cocktail hour. My husband and I are blessed to have had such a beautiful wedding made special by this unbelievable team. So many family and friends have told us that it was the best wedding reception they had ever attended. The food was so delicious. The dessert hour was so incredible I didn't know where to look first. Also, the pastry chef made our wedding cake exactly how I pictured it. It was not only beautiful, it tasted amazing. Their attention to detail and their charming demeanors are wonderful examples of why the staff at Il Tulipano is so impressive. We truly loved our day and couldn't be happier. Thank you, Trisha and Wayne Bishop

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Kimberly H

We got married on 9-3-15 with our reception at Il Tulipano and it was a perfect day!!! We originally decided on this venue because of several key points: reputation, only one wedding at a time, excellent and plenty of food, beautiful grounds & superb service. I had been to a... Read More wedding there myself years earlier and it was one of my favorites. Our wedding day then became my favorite! All those reasons to book became the reason we would recommend to anyone else! Even though our salesman left, we had the owner and other associates pick up the slack. Carol, the maitre d' and Thea, my bridal attendant were so attentive to my wants and made the night flow seamlessly. We added the dessert room to our contract and it was an impressive touch to the last hour of partying. Our guests raved about how wonderful the wedding was. It was the best way to start a marriage! Thank you, Il Tulipano!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Christopher P

We got engaged on the beach, most of our vacations involved the beach, and we practically had a second address at the beach. So when the time came for looking for a venue for our wedding the only natural thought that came into our heads was a beach wedding . . . fast forward... Read More half a dozen venues later we finally decided to listen to the Mother of the Groom to look at local venues. We did not expect to find anything we would like but then we went to il Tulipano and realized it was the place for us. From meeting with the staff the first time, to the amazing evening they provided for the food tasting event (every available options for the cocktail hours and deserts), to Christopher helping us plan and organize all the details of our big day they were exceptionally professional while still managing to maintain a personal touch which made us feel as if our wedding was their most important one. Come time for the rehearsal we were further they walked us through everything, making us feel confident and helped get rid of any day before jitters we had, knowing they would ensure a seamless ceremony. The wedding day was finally here and they made sure everything was perfect. The ceremony location was gorgeous, the flowers around the whole venue gave a wonderful welcoming feel to the whole occasion, and everything was beyond what our wildest dreams could imagine. The whole time ended up being a huge blur for us, but what we can remember, the exceptional staff (especially the bridal attendant and maître d’), as well as all the overwhelming comments from our guest of the best wedding we have been to, amazing food, gorgeous location, and on and on, we know we made the best decision to have il Tulipano help make our wedding into our Perfect Wedding. Words truly cannot describe how wonderful it was to have our wedding at il Tulipano!

Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Ally M

This was the first venue my husband and I made an appointment to see. They were very helpful in making sure we could see the venue at our convenience. Donald was who we worked with through out our process. He not only showed us around, but explained everything to us before I... Read More could even ask the questions I had prepared. We didn't look at many venues after il Tulipano because we knew that was where we wanted to have our wedding. Donald sat and explained pricing to us and all that it included. They allowed us to pay monthly, which was huge for us since we paid for everything. The day of the wedding, the venue was absolutely perfect! I had brought in all our additions (cake cutter, toasting glasses, flip flops, etc.) in 5 days before the wedding. They had everything exactly where it was supposed to be. They didn't hesitate to go out of their way to help with anything. The staff working was exceptional! Any time someone got up, they came back to a folded napkin. Our friends are STILL (2 months later) talking about the food! They had everything you can think of for cocktail hour and plenty of it! I personally loved that there was plenty of tables and seating during cocktail hour, because that is something I dislike at other venues we go to. We have also received countless compliments on the dinner. Many guests ordered the filet mignon from their choice of dinners and were surprised at how large the steak they received was. They were also confused as to why they didn't receive steak knives, only to learn it was so tender, you just needed a butter knife. At the end of the night, they had all the stuff I brought in for the wedding packed up for me and ready to go. I cannot begin to tell you how much I recommend this venue! They were spectacular in every way! My only wish is I can go to someone else's wedding there so I can enjoy it as a guest there as well.

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Dana M

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Il Tulipano on April 26, 2015. The most amazing experience I have ever had. The service was beyond outstanding. They were so welcoming, attentive and thoughtful throughout the whole process and especially the day of our... Read More wedding. The food was perfection. I am still getting calls from family friends about how amazing the food and service were. We have also eaten at their restaurant Rare in Little Falls and it falls in the same category amazing. I would recommend Il Tulipano for every event especially Weddings. We also recommend their Steakhouse Rare. Top Notch on everything. Thank you Il Tulipano for an unforgettable Wedding!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015

We got married at Il Tulipano this past April and I can't say enough good things about it! It was perfect from beginning to end! Il Tulipano was the first venue we looked at and after meeting with Donald and then looking at other venues we just had a feeling this was the... Read More place! Our friends and family are still raving about it and we have heard over and over it was one of the best weddings ever! The food was fantastic and the variety of food to chose from was endless. Veronica and Carol were amazing-- they did everything possible to make our day go smoothly and went well beyond our expectations. I would strongly recommend Il Tulipano to family and friends.

You can't go wrong!!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2015 Kristin F

Our guests could not stop talking about the food! The entire staff helped us ensure our day went off without a hitch. Best venue ever!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 4/16/2015 Melissa K

We had our wedding there on March 27, 2015 and everything was perfect. The place is beautiful and everyone has been raving about the food for weeks. Thea was our bridal attendant and she was great. Really knew what she was doing and so helpful. Really hope one of our friends... Read More gets married there so we can experience it as guests!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Angelica V

I cannot express how absolutely WONDERFUL Il Tulipano was for our wedding! From the ceremony in the garden to the reception in the ballroom, everything was PERFECT. Greg Jr. is AMAZING- he was so much fun to talk to, understood what I wanted, and made sure my night went exactly... Read More how it was supposed to. He was there for the rehearsal as well as the entire wedding night and was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made sure that I got everything I wanted done.. he said he would even full these little cones of flowers on the day of the wedding!! (we ended up getting them done earlier, but he really made us feel that he would do absolutely anything for us). The matre D and the other woman were soooooooo helpful. They were there for me, the groom, and even my mom through the whole night. Literally ANYTHING we wanted or needed they were there. The matre d even sewed my dress back together during the reception when it ripped while I was dancing! She held my lip gloss, helped me change from my heels to flip flops like 4 times, and got me w/e I wanted to drink all the time. She also made sure that my husband and I sat down during the cocktail hour and brought us all the food we wanted. She and the other assistant were delightful and SUCH a hugeeeee help. They as well as all of the other staff completely blew my expectations. The food was incredible.. my guests are still raving at how wonderful and delicious everything was. To be honest, most people said it was the best wedding they have been to! It was everything I dreamed of and more!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Rita H

Il Tulipano was beyond amazing for our wedding day this summer! I could not have asked for a better time planning our wedding and an even better day. All of my guests can't stop talking about our wedding - that it was the best they have ever been to. The food and service were... Read More unbelievable!

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Geraldina C

I can't say enough about Il Tulipano, my husband & I had our wedding here this past August 16th, it was the best decision we made. I had found Il Tulipano on a whim when I first got engaged online and I knew it was going to be the venue we chose before even meeting anyone or... Read More seeing it in person (I had a gut feeling about it ), so I called to make an apt and got Donald on the phone, when we first met Donald that day we toured the grounds he made us all feel like family that very moment and it was everything I imagined and more in person. The whole duration of the year prior to the wedding was the best time of my life leading up to this, Donald did everything possible leading up to this day to make our day perfect and when I tell you our wedding day was perfect in every way, it was . Thea and Carol that day were my two angels they made sure I had everything needed and helped with anything you could think of. The beauty, elegance, class, food, and the TRADITION are Il Tulipano. Our guests are still raving saying it was the best wedding they ever attended and the food was amazing. It was everything and more to get married here. If you want exceptional food, service and beauty you have all 3 when you book Il Tulipano. If I ever need to book another event they will be my number one always! So thank you to everyone there, especially my Donald for the best day of my life, it truly was dream come true that I will never forget and I will never forget each and everyone of you there!

il Tulipano wedding August 2014

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Fiona L

Hands down, the best! My wedding was perfect. The service superb and the food was fantastic! We had family tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Absolutely AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Jeannine C

I just had my wedding at il Tulipano on August 8th, 2014. From start to finish, it was incredible! Jacques was there through the entire process and Thea, my bridal assistant, was phenomenal! The food, place, staff and service was outstanding! I recommend this venue 100%. I want... Read More everyone I know to get married there just so I can go again! Love love love il Tulipano!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 gina d

I can't say enough about Il Tulipano. I had my wedding there in June and I know everyone says their wedding is amazing but our guests could not stop talking about our venue, the food, and their overall experience. Greg and his staff are phenomenal and the attention they pay to... Read More detail is excellent. The food is out of this world and everyone commented all night on the selection and the quality of the food. Everything was timed perfectly, the room looked beautiful and the drinks were abundant all night! The bridal attendant was excellent and helped me with some dress drama and I really appreciated that. My husband and I are truly blessed to have had such an amazing experience. From start to finish, it was perfection. Greg was so available during the whole planning process and throughout the night and anything I needed they accomodated. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to have a classy, elegant wedding, that still has the feeling of intimacy. Thank you Il Tulipano for a memorable night!

A Perfect Night

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Angelina L

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of our experience at il Tulipano is “Thank You”. Thank you for making our wedding day one that we will always look back on with the happiest of memories. It was truly the Greatest Night of our lives. From the staff, to the... Read More venue, to the food our experience with il Tulipano was positive as they provided a classy yet festive wedding. Being a bit pessimistic, going through the experience with il Tulipano we were always thinking “this is too be good to true”. You hear stories, read articles, watch television shows, and wait for the problems to arise. We are happy to say that we were wrong, il Tulipano was not too good to be true, it was just plain and simply too good. We had heard nothing but good reviews about the food from people who have attended events at il Tulipano. From the Cocktail Hour, to the Dinner, to the Viennese Hour, our expectations were exceeded. During the Cocktail Hour, not only was the food stellar, but we noticed items that we had not selected in our contract were being served, meaning they went above and beyond what we had negotiated. When we received our dinners we thought maybe our Filet Mignon and Tuna were oversized because we were the bride and groom. After talking with several people, we were wrong, everybody’s was the same. The portions were huge, but more importantly delicious. The Viennese Hour was over the top. From a delicious wedding cake, to more pastries than we can name, to flaming drinks, everything was great. To sum it up, the food was AWESOME. The service was just as good as the food. Everyone was easily accessible, more than helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. il Tulipano dealt with last minute guest changes with understanding and changed plans without issue. Being so close to the wedding, we thank them for not adding any additional stress to what was already a stressful time. They were more than happy to help us with a rehearsal the day before and handled last minute changes without issue. The day of the wedding the ownership, management, and staff was helpful and supportive without ever being on top of us. Whenever we needed something, there was always somebody within feet to help, or get us something, but they never felt in the way. Even the next day, when we went to pick up some stuff, our stuff was packed up nicely and ready to go. Thank you il Tulipano. Your facility and your staff are top notch. We actually hope one day we can attend an event there as guests, so we can experience everything again. I do not think there is a better value or experience around. We visited many places that charged more and offered less, when we saw il Tulipano, we knew it was the right place for us and booked that night. It’s great to start our life together leading off and hitting a Home Run with the wedding...

Reviewed on 4/20/2014 Jennifer N

I had my reception at Il Tulipano in April 2014 and it exceeded my expectations x 1000. Everything was beautiful and absolutely perfect. I was treated like a princess and the staff was available for all my needs. The food was AMAZING. Not a single guest had anything bad to say... Read More about the food or venue in general. I was planning a NJ wedding from Virginia and Il Tulipano helped with the added stress and anxiety by paying attention to details and helping me feel at ease. I would recommend Il Tulipano to anyone for any function.

Reviewed on 3/20/2014 Raina K

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. The planning process was made simple by the fact that the staff was very responsive whenever we had questions and accommodated all of our requests. We had a small hiccup at one of our final planning meetings, but from then on, the... Read More owner Greg Jr. handled our wedding personally and promised everything would be perfect. He was been there on the night of our event and Tulipano definitely delivered! The food was incredible, and abundant! We did a tasting at Rare, their partner restaurant, and everything we tasted was excellent. Of course we figured they'd make it perfect for us at the tasting, but maybe the quality wouldn't be as good when cooking for 150 people, but no! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about the food. Several of our guests lamented that they wish they had more time and more room to try everything just during the cocktail hour. We opted for the Viennese hour as well and were so glad we did. It was a great surprise for our guests to have an hour of ice cream, cakes, cookies, cotton candy, chocolate fountain, and other sweets to finish off the night. Even the wedding cake was excellent, not that anyone had room left! They incorporated all of our design requests and made us a beautiful cake. On to the decor- the room for the ceremony (ours was indoor) was beautiful, surrounded by arched windows. The cocktail hour area was very large, so no one felt cramped or find it hard to get seating. The reception room was gorgeous and uplit in the color of our choice. Service was excellent. None of our guests went wanting. Our older guests commented that you just don't see that kind of service anymore, and were very impressed that every time they left the table, they returned to find their napkins neatly folded. My bridal attendant was attentive and very helpful, I never had to carry anything or try to pull out my own chair! Excellent is all I can say. Tulipano helped us pull off our dream wedding!

Amazing, Memorable, Over and Beyond!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Christine B

IL Tulipano was an amazing experience, we are so sad it is over already! From the beginning, we only had positive experiences! First off the venue itself is breath taking! The outside piazza is where we had our ceremony and cocktail hour, and it was gorgeous along with the... Read More ballroom itself. You get the whole venue to yourself, which is very hard to get these days, with outstanding service and food. We had a Portuguese and Italian wedding, two cultures very big on their food and we had no complaints! Everyone loved the food and left the wedding over filled. The service is outstanding, very attentive, polite and overall pleasing. No one had their glass empty all night. It is nice they designate 1 to 2 (depending on table) dedicated servers to each table throughout the event. We do not have one complaint or negative thing to say. If you are looking for an outstanding, memorable wedding that your guests will continue to compliment, IL Tulipano is the place to pick!!