Experience the Wedding of YOUR Lifetime!

In the Mix Entertainment Group provides not only great music but superior client service for an exceptional experience….from the moment you make that first call to your very last dance. We would be honored to be at your wedding! In the Mix is a boutique-style organization, which accommodates only a select number of events per date, giving you ultimate exclusivity. Find out what it is about In the Mix that has clients raving.

Arabic, Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

45 E Jericho Turnpike, Mineola, NY (516) 739-2977

Great Team at In The Mix

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Trish B

In the Mix did the music for my ceremony and my reception. I worked with David and his team and they were excellent They are very organized and have online forms to submit the types of music you like/ special dances etc. They were able to balance the music my parents... Read More preferred with the songs we wanted to dance to. They had every song we wanted, including some ethnic Italian music! My ceremony was very professional and went off without a hitch. They do a great job getting people on the dance floor and transitioning music. We had a great time and we know our guests enjoyed the music as well. In the Mix knows how to keep a party going :)

2016-11-02T12:30:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the lovely review, we appreciate it and wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Kristen G

In The Mix MADE our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night and I have received so many comments on amazing our DJ was. My best friend from SC even commented that she wished she could bring them to her wedding in SC! From the first meeting until the end of the wedding ot... Read More was smooth sailing with In The Mix. David was a FANTASTIC MC and we were so grateful for him! Ladies, this is the DJ to book for your weddings!! Ps- the Bose speakers were amazing and totally worth it!!

2016-11-02T12:31:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We love the Bose too ;)

Great Service

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Sylvia P

They were very professional since the beginning. I worked in Boston at the time and they opened on a Saturday just for me. They clearly explained their services and fees. I feel secure since the beginning. Everything was very organized and easy to follow. When I had questions... Read More they were always able to find my file and provide exact status, regardless of who answered the phone. I always had the impression they knew who I was and that everything was under control. I am Colombian and I wanted a DJ that speakspanish. They found it. They have 10 must play songs. I provided a whole list just in case. The DJ played a lot of them. The party was fun, everyone danced and he did a great job. Excellent service beginning to end

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Naima J

I came across InTheMixEntertainment at a wedding expo hosted by Leonard's Palazzo, and I knew immediately that they were the DJ service that I wanted to hire. I ignored the other options and decided to take a chance on them and I couldn't have been happier with my decision. They... Read More worked with me every step of the way (even when myself and my mother weren't the easiest clients to have. I can admit that at times we were downright awful), and were patient and caring and understanding beyond anything I could have hoped for. Their packages are curated so that I felt that I had everything that I needed exactly the way that I wanted it. They were also very thorough, providing a few forms to fill out that helped them to work on things like the wedding party, names and orders, music playlists, do not play lists, special announcements and so on. Then the day of they were with me every step of the way. They kept the party going, my guests dancing, everyone had a GREAT time, and communication after the wedding remained spectacular. They even mailed me my GOBO so that I could add it to my wedding scrapbook from that night. They truly made my night one to remember and I would choose them again for every event from a wedding to a birthday party and whatever else requires music, laughter, and one of the best emcees I've ever encountered!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Olivia K

Thank you to In the Mix for making my wedding so much fun!!!! At first, I requested David because I've seen him MC at a few of my friends weddings and he was always on point. However, my wedding was on a labor day weekend and he was already booked. I was hesitant to trust... Read More anyone else that I haven't seen first hand but luckily Zac (MC) & Steven (DJ) showed up to my wedding. They did an amazing job!!! Zac definitely kept the crowd hyped. His transitions into every event in the reception, from the entrance to the cake cutting were all smooth. Steven played all the songs I requested and other songs similar to my taste. He also added some last minute requests during the reception as well. They constantly had all my guests on the dance floor partying! More than 2 months has passed since my wedding and I'm still receiving compliments on picking the best DJ/MC! We ALL had a blast! Thank you again In the Mix, Zac & Steve!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Tom D

In The Mix came through in every respect for our wedding! We are glad to have chosen them to take care of the music at our wedding reception!! Thanks. A++

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Natalie D

In the Mix has been a part of MANY of our family events for over 10 years and they still are dropping the beat in the Best ways. We used In the Mix for our wedding on 10/21/17 in upstate NY and Everyone loved them! We danced till we couldn't dance any more. Extremely easy to... Read More work with from Start to Finish. Gina, David and Edison made our wedding the Hottest dance party I have been to since my B.O.B's days (and that's saying a lot!). They Rocked it out for us and we couldn't be more grateful. We'd recommend them to anyone! -Melissa & Natalie

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 B H

We saw In The Mix at a wedding showcase, and pretty much made our decision on the spot that night. We met with David and Gina a few days later, and knew we were set with our entertainment for our wedding. As the days came closer the communication was constant, and with all the... Read More stress of the day coming up it was great to know all music and entertainment details were worked out. They were extremely forthcoming, honest, and accommodating. On the day of our wedding they were there early, setup, and ready to go when it was time. David who emcee'd the event got everyone on their feet and on the dance floor. The music selection was spot on, and inclusive of all age groups at our wedding. Not one person felt the music was geared towards only one age group, and that was extremely important to us. I would book In the Mix for every event I have for all the reasons states above. Jonathan and Steven also worked our event as the DJ and running the photo booth did such an amazing job. All of our guests were so impressed by not just the professionalism of this trio, but also by how much fun they were. If you're looking for the best entertainment company on Long Island look no further than In the Mix. Thank You, -B

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Lauren H

I couldn't have asked for a better team to get our party going. I had specifically requested David as our MC and I am so glad he did. He really got everyone on the dance floor. The percussionist we had was just incredible. So much better than other percussionists I have seen... Read More at weddings and everyone loved him. The music was incredible and they played all of our requests, even if they were a little wacky. Everyone was so professional and friendly. They even let my three year old flower girl play the drums (until we had to pull her away). I would recommend In The Mix to everyone. I am so happy I chose them!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Meredith D

Our guests had a great time! Everyone was on the dance floor! Our only complaint was our DJ did not stick to the playlist we had submitted. We did not get to meet our DJ since they are assigned 3 days before the wedding and we had our final meeting 4 days before the wedding. Had... Read More we met him in person before the wedding day I think we would have been on the same page about the playlist but despite that we were happy with our DJ and definitely recommend In The Mix.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Alyssa c

I had in the mix as my dj for my wedding this past weekend. Let me start by saying that Dave did my sisters wedding almost 5 years ago. Dave did an amazing job for her wedding so we knew we wanted him to do ours. Well ours was even better!!!! We let him play whatever music he... Read More wanted and he certainly knew what to play to get the crowd up and dancing. I had co workers that have never danced at any wedding before dancing the night away at mine. Everyone from the youngest child to the oldest adult was dancing the whole night. Everyone was so nice and accommodating. The photo booth was awesome. Dave and the rest of the in the mix crew are awesome and the best ever. Thank you for making my wedding the best ever!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 lauren O

I could not be more happy that we chose "In the Mix" for our wedding entertainment. From start to finish, they have been so easy to work with and they were able to give us the exact vision that we had for our wedding. Gina is a master coordinator. I never felt there was a... Read More request too big or complicated that couldn't be executed. I received quick responses whenever I had a question (Which happened quite a bit :) ).   The day of the wedding, David was on time and everything was great. Our bridal party entrance was exactly what we had pictured. We did not hire a separate MC, so David coordinated it all on his own, but you never would have known. Once the reception started, we did not stop dancing. We were able to see every single person dancing at our wedding at least once, and that was the most impressive thing to me. He always knew the right song to play to get everyone of different ages up on the dance floor.  I had originally given David a huge list of all of these songs that we wanted played because I am a bit of a control freak and the dancing was so important to us. About 10 minutes before the reception started, I told him to just forget about the list and just play what he thought was best. This was one of the best decisions that I made that day! Micromanaging your DJ is completely unnecessary when you have someone who is talented, passionate, and is able to feel the crowd. So if you are making one of those long song lists, save your time and throw it away right now. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me we had the best wedding DJ they had ever seen, I probably would have been able to pay for this wedding! :)   One of the best investments that we made was upgrading to the BOSE sound system. I was very hesitant at first because like many brides, I was trying to stick to a budget and was afraid to spend more money on something I hadn't originally accounted for. Knowing what I know now, I would have easily paid double the price because it was so worth it. My brother has Autism, and has some sensory difficulties, making him very sensitive to sound. I knew I wanted him to be part of the day as much as possible, and I didn't know if this would be possible since he often has trouble at other weddings due to the loud music. When Gina started explaining the way that the BOSE system works, and how the sound is more crisp and the sound transmission more clear, we figured this would be a great way to ensure that my brother would be able to tolerate the noise better. They were right! This simple upgrade gave me more time with my brother at the reception, and I never could have put a price tag on that. In addition, everyone on the dance floor was partying as usual, but when I stepped off the dance floor and was among the guests in their seats, the music was not loud at all. The high quality of the system doesn't make it necessary to blast the music. No one had ringing in their ears after the wedding. People actually commented that this was the first wedding where they felt they didn't have to scream to speak with someone across the table.  This was exactly what we wanted to avoid, so it made me so happy to hear our guests say that. Especially when they had not even known that we had upgraded to the sound system. It was one of those subtle improvements to a wedding that just enhanced the overall feeling and attitude of all of the guests. The BOSE system was our wedding MVP.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Mable W

We had a great experience with Gina from In the Mix. She was extremely patient and easy to work with. She worked with our budget to help us get exactly what we wanted- we never felt pressured or "annoying" through the whole process. We felt so comfortable that we planned... Read More everything over the phone/email. Our guests loved the string trio for the ceremony and the MC and DJ kept them dancing and entertained throughout the reception. We highly recommend In the Mix because they are a PROFESSIONAL entertainment company!

2017-03-15T12:51:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the beautiful review, we are thrilled that we were able to be a part of it and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Liz D

In the Mix did an amazing job at our wedding. We specially requested David as our MC after meeting him in the office because we liked his energy, and he delivered on the big day! He and our DJ really knew how to read the crowd, keep our schedule on track, and play the right... Read More music at the right time- every song was just right for the moment. Not only did they play music my husband and I liked, but everyone had an amazing time dancing all night, and several people told us ours was the best wedding they'd ever been to! These guys are real professionals and a great pleasure to work with. Music was a really important part of the day for us, and In the Mix made our wedding day perfect!

2016-11-02T12:31:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Stephanie Y

We used In the Mix this past weekend for our wedding and they were amazing. All the music they played was prefect for our party. The MC David was truly great. He kept everyone excited and dancing, and adapted very easily (especially when me and my Husband decided to do one... Read More last dance before dinner, he had the venue re dim the lights, and got everyone up to dance with us). They exceeded all our expectations and I would highly recommend them for weddings.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Camille M

We booked In The Mix for our wedding because they were on the preferred vendor list for our venue. I am SO GLAD we did. I can't remember the name of our DJ (so sorry, but you were great!) but he made our night. Our MC, David was AMAZING! He kept the crowd hyped and partying all... Read More night long. He even gave a line dancing tutorial for a song that not everyone was familiar with that everyone loved. I gave them my list of 15 must play songs, and they took care of the rest of the music based off of my list. Everyone I spoke with was raving about the music! They were also on point with our ceremony music and introductions, which went perfectly. Good entertainment is one of the most important aspects of a wedding and these guys delivered!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Rebecca F

We used In the Mix for our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and photo booth at our wedding and they did an awesome job. We worked with Franklin and he made us feel very comfortable and was flexible to all our requests. I had particular versions of songs for the ceremony and... Read More it went very smoothly. Our guests were dancing the whole night and they played all the songs we requested. I also think they are a great value for the service they provide. Would definitely recommend them!

Amazing Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Jenna H

In the Mix Entertainment Group was fantastic! They were extremely helpful during planning and committed to making the experience personal to our wedding. On the night of the wedding, they kept the party going the whole night. Our friends didn't even realize there was a photo... Read More booth since they were too busy on the dance floor! We also loved our MC, Dave! I was originally hoping to have a live band but went with a DJ since it made more sense financially - I'm very happy I went with In the Mix and wouldn't change a thing. I highly recommend them for your wedding!

The Ultimate Party

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Tracy H

The staff at In the Mix Entertainment were absolutely wonderful in handling the music for our wedding. We sat down with Gina and David with an extensive list of song selections as well as specially edited reception introduction music and they worked closely with us on all of... Read More it. The day of our wedding was spectacular! David, our MC, and Eddie the DJ, had high energy throughout the reception and kept the dance floor packed. There was not a dull moment or a time when no one was either dancing or singing along. They integrated our playlist with a great mix of 70’s Soul/Disco, R&B, Oldies, Salsa, Techno Dance Music, etc. You name it, they played it! You know it’s a good party when the MC says, “this will be our last 2 songs of the night” and the whole crowd goes “aww” in disappointment. No one wanted to stop and we could have gone all night if the venue allowed us to! Everyone commented on how great our wedding was and In the Mix Entertainment was one of the reasons why. I highly recommend them for any event you host. You and your guest will be truly satisfied!

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 1/15/2016

My husband and I are still receiving compliments on how amazing our DJ was. From the moment we walked into In The Mix we knew we found the people who we wanted to be a part of our wedding. We never felt like customers at In The Mix. They treated us like friends that they have... Read More known for years. They met all of our requests and went above and beyond for us. People danced all night. Dave and his team were able to get everyone on their feet and on the dance floor. We had the time of our lives and literally danced all night. I plan to book In The Mix for every party that I have. I tell every friend who is getting married to use them. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

We used In The Mix for our wedding this past weekend. We were promised one DJ to do our music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, which included intelligent lighting, and uplighting. This was all written under contract to be included in the price quoted by David... Read More (Office Manager) and Gina (Events Coordinator). During the reception we noticed there was no uplighting in our room. I speak to the DJ (July) and he shows me his paperwork and there is no uplighting on there. My wife and I are upset but shrug it off at the time because the DJ is doing a great job and everyone is having a good time. I figure no big deal, I will call In The Mix later and they should just refund us some money, right? NO, that is NOT the case! I call and speak with David/Gina and they refuse to refund any money. They tell me that we weren't charged for the uplighting, so how can they refund something they didn't charge us for, even though on the contract it shows uplighting, with the price we paid. Their excuse is that the venue we used was supposed to provide the uplighting. In The MIx supposedly has a contract with the venue we used per Gina. So basically they are trying to shift the blame on the venue and not take responsibility for their mistake. I find this absurd because it is In The MIx's responsibility to make sure the uplighting is in the room if it is on our contract with them, not the venue. They continued to defend themselves instead of trying to work with us. Gina goes on and on about how it was an oversight and she didn't know that the room we used didn't have the uplighting. I clearly remember going over all the details one by one on the phone with Gina a few days before our wedding and she knew what room we were in and I specifically remember confirming uplighting with her. I do not suggest doing any business with this company. They are rude and have no intentions of fixing their mistake by making their customers happy when there is an issue. I will say that the DJ was totally awesome but if a problem arises, and you need to deal with management, be aware that it will just leave a sick feeling in your stomach.

2015-09-22T12:36:44 Response from the vendor

After speaking with this groom and being told we "better make this right by giving a refund" we did express our sincerest apologies for the error that occurred. The venue this client used does provide COMPLIMENTARY uplighting when a preferred vendor is used. Unfortunately the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Amelia C

We used In the Mix for our wedding last month and people are STILL bringing up how great our dj was.... DAVID was AhhMAZING. HE really made the night! He was professional, got everyone dancing, played a good mix of all types of music and made sure to check in with us throughout... Read More the night. We both can't say enough good things about David (and In the Mix) and highly recommend him!

music was awesome

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Sandrina R

We picked In The Mix because we knew they played Portuguese music. The MC and DJ were trained in portuguese music. The DJ was portuguese so he knew what people liked. They were great and very professional. Anytime we wanted them to switch into something else, they changed... Read More promptly.

great job!

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Christine W

One of the keys to a good wedding is a good dj...a mantra I heard from day one wedding planning. Boy is that true! In the mix was amazing and everyone who attended our wedding thought the same thing. They played a great variety of music and were able to entertain everyone. The... Read More dance floor was filled the entire night and I didn't feel like I was in a night club. The give aways were fun and I loved the MC. If I ever need a DJ again I would go with them!

Great Music Great DJ!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Shoshana P

In the Mix DJ was referred to me by a friend and I can't thank him enough! They were far more accommodating than any DJ needs to be. We were concerned about our guests being able to hear us since it was a windy day outside, and they went above and beyond to make sure the mics... Read More were the best they could be for sound quality. The music was awesome. The DJ had everyone up and dancing and I got some great compliments from many of our guests on how great the DJ was. They were very professional and knew how to party. I give In the Mix DJs two thumbs up! I'll call you guys in about 15 or 16 years for my future kid's bar or bat mitzvah! ;)

Meet The Coordinator

Gina Diegnan

Gina has been with In the Mix since 1999 as their Event Coordinator, having coordinated thousands of weddings and special events. She will help and guide you with any questions or concerns regarding all phases of your planning. Give Gina a call, her expertise and knowledge is invaluable when planning your wedding!