Illuminate the aisle

In White is Lancaster's source for contemporary and couture wedding gowns by premier rising designers. We also offer the latest dresses for attendants, flower girls and mothers, and convenient services, including alterations and on-site dress storage.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

18 N. Queen St., Lancaster, PA (717) 392-2018

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Samantha R

I absolutely LOVED all of my experiences at In White! I traveled from Pittsburgh to get my dress and alterations from their salon and it was worth every extra mile. Shari does a great job with making every bride to be feel special even when her salon is full with tons of brides... Read More at once. Maria did an amazing job on all of my alterations. I am a petite girl and had to get a lot of alterations to my dress and Maria fulfilled all of my expectations to make my dress look even more perfect! Maly is a natural professional at her job. I told Maly that I thought the dress that she had suggested was "HIDEOUS" but she still encouraged me to try it on anyways. I tried it on and I actually ended up falling in love with the dress and wore it on my wedding day:) Without Maly's suggestion and never ending help, I would have not been able to wear, what I know now, was my dream wedding dress 👰🏼 I also loved how they make the bride and guests feel very special by making it a big occasion to try on the dresses with some tasty wine 🍷 I wish I could give an extra star to In White because they deserve it!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Katy M

There's no doubt about it - In White Bridal is where you want to go for your wedding dress! I went in on a whim, with no idea of what I was looking for, and Shari, the amazing owner, was still able to find me my perfect dress! The store is beautiful, the selection is great, and... Read More Shari makes an otherwise-overwhelming process a breeze. Give it a try - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Kelsie H

I absolutely cannot say enough wonderful things about all of the sweet ladies at In White. First off, I had traveled a while out to the shop so they encouraged me stop in a second time on the day of my first appointment to try my favorite dress on again before heading home. It... Read More ended up not being the dress for me, but when I found one from one of their designers that they didn’t have in the store they didn’t hesitate to bring it in for me to try on. It was exactly what I had hoped for and more. Shari and Maly are phenomenal and so accommodating in person and over the phone! We did a girls night out also to find my bridesmaid’s dresses and had an absolute blast!! Maria and Carmen did the alterations for me and most of my girls and some hand beading on my dress, they all turned out perfectly! Anytime I am in Lancaster, I love to stop in and say hi. Anyone that I know looking for dresses I send to In White!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Sandy S

As mother of the bride, I can say she was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen!!! From the moment we stepped through the door at In White it was a memorable experience. The helpfulness and friendliness was beyond all others. A special shout out to the seamstresses, not only... Read More are they incredibly talented but the entire staff saved the day for me when they replaced the zipper in my dress just days before the wedding!! Thank you to all for the most wonderful and memorable experience!!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Meghan S

I had an amazing experience at In White! The dresses are all so beautiful and great quality- they truly stood out from other bridal salons I visited. Along with a great selection of dresses, the bridal consultants were top notch. I worked with Maly and she fantastic! She always... Read More made me feel welcome and comfortable. I am so thankful for all the wonderful ladies at In White. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Katie Y

the best. couldn't be happier. they went above and beyond to get a sample in so that I could try it on. Every appointment was a breeze and I felt like a princess every time I was there. I highly recommend - the ladies there are brilliant.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Sarah E

In white in a truly special place to find your wedding gown. I had an amazing experience there. They were kind, professional, and accommodating. They aced all the little details that make it a great experience. I particularly loved working with Mali.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Elise B

I was very excited for my consultation at In White, but I was sadly disappointed in my experience. For my consultation, I was accompanied by my mother, mother of the groom & maid of honor. When we arrived, the woman at the front desk gave me tags to start tagging dresses. When... Read More we were finished, we waited for someone to tell us we could go back to the fitting room area. A woman, who would be my bridal consultant, kept walking past us (I think she was pulling dresses). She eventually told us quite curtly we could go back. We went back to the fitting room area & we waited. Next thing I know, the bridal consultant was standing at the fitting room curtain & announced that “she was ready” – NO greeting whatsoever. I was quite surprised & caught off guard. She did not ask me what my name was or who my guests were. She didn’t even introduce herself to me – I had to ask HER what her name was! Throughout the entire consultation, she seemed aloof & very short. Quite frankly, she seemed like she was just trying to get me “in and out" and that I was wasting her time. Finding your wedding dress is supposed to be a fun, enjoyable, POSITIVE experience & my experience at In White was not. It’s a shame because they did have a beautiful selection of quality gowns, and you’d think that their level of service would match their product.

2017-01-03T12:54:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to prepare this thoughtful review. I am so sorry that we did not give you the experience that you rightfully expected. Your review reminds us how important it is to provide each customer, walk-in or appointment, with the same... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Sarah M

My entire experience with In White was perfect from beginning to end. I had a wonderful time trying on dresses and appreciated Maly's extreme patience with my indecisiveness! I absolutely love my dress and could not have been happier with it and am so thankful for everything In... Read More White did for me!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Emily S

I loved my experience at IN WHITE! My dress was a dream come true and I loved the entire process from the day I went to pick it out to the last second of my wedding night. The staff is friendly, fun, and helpful! I wouldn’t change a thing! Thank you to everyone at In White for... Read More giving me an amazing bridal dress experience and giving me my custom, amazing, dream come true dress!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Meghan B

I would give In White more than 5 stars if I could!! I walked in today without an appointment and I was warmly greeted by both the young woman at the front desk as well as the shop owner, Shari. Despite not having an appointment, Shari went out of her way to accommodate me and I... Read More was impressed by her professionalism and her attentiveness not only towards me, but to all of the other patrons in the store. There was a great selection of beautiful and affordable gowns. The store has such a welcoming and positive vibe, and never once did I feel pressured to purchase anything. I am so thrilled with my experience and I would highly recommend the store to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Shannon T

My experience with In White was nothing but wonderful! I went in having no idea what sort of dress I wanted, and over the course of a few visits, the staff at In White were able to help me find the perfect dress. As a plus size bride, I was nervous that I wouldn't feel pretty... Read More or feel secure in my dress, but that wasn't the case at all. Not only did they help me find a dress I love, they were great with alterations and making sure I felt as if I wasn't going to be falling out of my strapless dress throughout my wedding. They were patient and kind, even when I was at the height of my wedding planning stress. Being plus size, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to try on a lot of dresses and different styles. Even if the sample wasn't my size, they did their best to clip and strap me in so I could get an idea of how the dress in my actual size would look. I can't give enough praise to In White!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Alycia D

Every step of the wedding dress shopping was blissfully easy! I went with my mother and was greeted at the door by name and it only got better from there. I was able to try on as many dresses as I wanted and it was amazing to get the personal attention by both ladies working.... Read More I look forward to when my dress arrives and can spend more time with the women of In White!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ryan K

IN WHITE IS AMAZING!! I am a tomboy and was NOT excited about wedding dress shopping. Girly things do not look good on my athletic frame and I would rather be in sneakers than heals. BUT Shari was so incredible and made me feel like a real bride! This team of women made me... Read More feel so comfortable and valued throughout every step of the process. Shari helped me find the absolute perfect dress and Maria made it fit flawlessly! I had the most wonderful experience at In White and am forever thankful to the entire team of ladies here!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Lex S

My sisters and I purchased bridesmaid dresses, and my mother a mother of the groom dress; it seems like a really professional place but all in all, it's not. I had three separate fittings for my dress, which was absolutely tedious considering it's a three hour drive there for... Read More me. When I came for my last fitting (the day before the wedding mind you), there was a large hole in the side of my dress where the seamstress hadn't finished the alterations. Through the night of the wedding the stitch used to tack the top of my dress for some modesty, began to fray and pull the material making the top look odd. Also my sister's dress was visibly sewn crooked when they took it in by the zipper; about 1/2 an inch off on either side. They were also still steaming my mother's dress when we arrived for our fittings on time. To avoid missing rehersal we had to leave 3 of the 4 dresses, to be hopefully completed by the morning of the wedding. When we asked about pick up time for them, they said they didn't open until 12:00pm. We told them that time was unacceptable since we'd all be getting ready for pictures at that point and that we needed them by 8:00am, we received an attitude about it. While the dresses were completed correctly by 8:00am it seems they overwork their seamstresses, and don't offer clear communication. It's more a management and timing issue then an alterations department problem. Most of the staff seem pretty inept with their computer system too. I had five visits over 8 months, the intial puurchase, 3 fittings, and a pick-up. . . and anytime they needed to ring us up for something the girl would tell us, "Sorry, we just changed systems and it's still new!" We'd be sitting there for 10 minutes watching her click through screens. The first two times, sure? But really in 8 months you can't pick it up? Also the alterations pricing for mother's dresses is ridiculous. My mother was charged about $100 more for the same or even less alterations than my bridesmaids dress, just because it was a mothers dress! How can a store even get away with that? The dress was no more complicated than a bridesmaid dress to alter? Unless you just need them to order you a dress and do nothing else, take your money elsewhere.

2016-10-11T13:41:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to prepare such a thorough review. I believe we handled your party's situation professionally and with our best possible effort, but I understand your overall frustration and am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We offer... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Anya M

Professional. Attentive. Communicative. Overall amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Katy M

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Veronica R

I purchased my bridesmaid, mother of the bride, and mother of the groom dresses here and while my dresses turned out wonderful there were some minor issues in communication with staff. Upon our initial visit our consultant told my mother her selected dress could come in a... Read More specific color but once we were about to pay she noted that it actually did not come in that color but a lighter shade which we did not want. We then found a dress that was essentially the exact same that came in the color but were forced to make another trip to the store to find this. Also, when my husband's mother went to pick up her dress for our wedding they had not altered her dress at all since her fitting. They altered another dress that she purchased through them instead for another wedding that was two months away after she repeatedly noted which dress was to be altered upon pick up.. The dresses however arrived in a quick period of time and were absolutely gorgeous. The store held onto the dresses until my bridesmaids could find time for multiple alteration appointments and to pick them up free of charge. Overall my experience was great in that the dresses for everybody were beautiful and fit perfectly. I would recommend this store if you are need very little staff assistance and know exactly what you want but if you require a lot of help to pick and decide on gowns there may be some communication issues with staff.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Sophia S

LOVED the personal attention I got at this salon. They had such a beautiful dresses and were not stuck up like a lot of other store that I went to! I was looking for a big ball gown and they had tons of options! They also were the only salon I went to that offered to do... Read More customizations with the designer. I loved my dress and my experience with In White so much!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Kelly S

My experience at In White was wonderful! When I first arrived at In White, I thought I'd already found my dress at another bridal shop. We were working with Shari and I explained that I thought I'd already found my dress. She was not pushy at all, but genuinely wanted me to... Read More find "the" dress. After seeing that I wasn't liking the dresses I pulled, Shari picked a few for me to try, and that's when I found my dress! I wanted to go back to the first bridal shop just to be sure, and Shari was nothing but encouraging. I ended up buying mine off the rack at In White, which with the 10% discount, helped me stay under my budget of $1.000. And did I mention the dress was gorgeous?! Since I bought off the rack, it needed a good bit of alterations. The seamstress, Maria, did a wonderful job and it fit perfectly on my wedding day. I'd highly recommend In White to any bride!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Amanda H

Excellent selection and service. Very accommodating during appointment and after.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Amy H

I would recommend In White for purchasing a bridal gown. They were very friendly and reasonably priced for the quality of dress. However, I would not recommend their alteration service. I bought my dress close to 1 year before my wedding, and they suggested starting... Read More alterations about 2 months before my wedding. I live out of town and was forced to add an additional appointment because my alterations were not completed on time. When I arrived at my final fitting, my dress was still in pieces, and the bustle was incorrect from what we had discussed during the previous visit. The manager helped to fix this, but this caused significant stress 2 weeks prior to my wedding when the dress should have been completed at that time.

2016-07-01T12:17:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for recommending In White for the purchase of a gown. I can't apologize enough for the stress that your alterations caused you. I am happy we were able to make the changes and complete the alterations to your satisfaction in the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Marlee M

Can I give more than 5 stars? I love Love LOVE In White and all the wonderful women that work there! In White was a breath of fresh air – no pressure, honest feedback, helpful guidance, and friendly people. Their selection is stunningly beautiful and the staff make the process... Read More fun. In White allows you to take photos of their merchandise (which is not the norm in the bridal world!) and will email you an invoice with your favorites from the appointment. At In White, you feel cared for as a bride; the consultants are invested in getting it right for you, making your big day all that you want it to be. The owner, Shari, is quick to remember your name and offer you something to drink. Seamstress Maria is patient and a wildly talented woman with a needle, especially around a deadline. The consultants are more helpful than you can imagine – translating what you describe and pulling from their spectacular stock – especially Maly who helped this out-of-state bride nail down every detail. Thank you all!! I wholeheartedly recommend In White to any bride searching for her dream dress.

In White was the BEST!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Cailyn T

I cannot say enough great things about In White! Not only is their dress selection fantastic, everyone that works there is professional, friendly, supportive and simply amazing. I selected a beautiful Justin Alexander gown that needed to be customized on the top, and Shari and... Read More her team assured me that they would be able to make my vision come true. Maria went above and beyond for me to make that happen! I absolutely LOVED my dress and it was even more special to me because of the changes it had and how much care you could tell went into making it PERFECT! I received compliment after compliment about how fabulous my gown was all day/night, I could not have been happier if I tried! I loved my gown shopping experience so much that I had my bridesmaids come pick out their dresses in the after hours "party" option In White offers and I am so glad that we did, it was another amazing time! I highly, highly recommend going to In White for your wedding dress and more! I am going to miss going to the store! Thank you SO much for this experience and the stunning gown!!

In White Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Kristen B

I went to In White because they had Lea Ann Belter. I found my dress back in October 2013 and ordered it in December 2014. The staff here is amazing every time I came. The dress I ended up with was picked out by the owner based on the other styles I had wanted to try on.... Read More Everyone loved my dress and it fit like a glove. Their seamstress does amazing work as well. She took my mother's veil and grandmother's veil and combined them into one for me to wear which really meant a lot!