InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile

Chicago, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Luxury, redefined...

Our stylish atmosphere features breathtaking venues & views overlooking the Mag Mile and are evocative of magnificent eras past, accommodating 20-550 guests. Let us help you create your vision while offering the exclusivity and elegance you expect from Chicago's most sought after downtown location.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

505 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL

Out of town wedding - June 15, 2013

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Brenda M

For our wedding, The Intercontinental Hotel served an exquisite 4-course meal consisting of Soup Exotic Mushroom Consommé Flavored with Lemongrass and Galangal with a Porcini Flan Salad Bibb Salad with Grilled Pear, Stilton Cheese and Caramelized Pecans, Dressed with a... Read More Dark Balsamic Vinaigrette Entrée Petite Filet Mignon Paired with Crab Cake and Garlic Pesto Mashed Potatoes, accented with Asparagus, Carrots and Broccolini Dessert Wedding Cake and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries We received so many compliments on how wonderful the menu was, and how delicious the food was at our cocktail hour and our reception. Everything was prepared and presented perfectly thanks to the Chris Schmidt who handled the catering for our wedding at the InternContinental Hotel which is where we had our wedding and reception. Chris made sure everything was handled so professionally, and the wait staff was incredible - going above and beyond offering our guests last minute alternatives for those who had not specified dietary restrictions or preferences. They are the best of the best and I would highly recommend Chris and his group if you want to present your guests with an amazing meal. They are true professionals which is what you want for your special day. Give Chris a call for your special day - they will not disappoint you.

Amazing Place!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kelly O

Chris at the InterCon was wonderful throughout the entire process. The service was incredible from top to bottom at the hotel. We used the Grand Ballroom and could not have been more pleased. We have gotten so many compliments on the food and service. You really can't beat the... Read More location of this venue. Your guests are right on Michigan and have walking access to all major tourist attractions in the city. Another perk was the wonderful rate they gave us for our wedding block. The rate was so great that all of our wedding guests stayed at the hotel. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a downtown venue!

Absolutely Stunning Venue (All Aspects)

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Emily B

In our search for our venue, my wife and I wanted a ballroom that didn't require a whole lot added to it in terms of flowers, up lighting, etc. The King Arthur Court Ballroom delivered just that! Our initial wedding corespondent left midway through our working with the venue,... Read More she left us in great hands with Chris Schmidt who really delivered as far as being responsive, working with our budget and being in attendance to aid us the day of. He even arranged us our same room for a rehearsal the day before, which was much needed. Roughly 120 of the 140 guests we had flew into Chicago for the wedding and you really cannot beat the location on Michigan Ave, near the river, near trump tower, 3 block walk to the red line train, a 6 block walk to Millenium park one way and the Hancock Observatory the other way! The accommodations in the rooms were lovely and our parents were both upgraded to suites for their stays. While the elevator did break down on one side of the tower leaving only 1 out of 4 working, that is an issue that could not be controlled by the hotel and our guests were able to make other arrangements to get to where they needed to be in a timely fashion. Bob, the concierge, was extremely knowledgeable giving our guests information about the city and attractions/restaurants. As for the venue itself and the way the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception all were held were absolutely perfect. The wait staff was very friendly and answered requests quickly. The set up was flawless (especially for having only 60 minutes to flip the entire room from ceremony to reception). The maitre 'd and Chris both worked with us when our dinner ran long to extend the open bar, therefore keeping us and our guests very happy. Everything ran smoothly with the exception of one of our guests dropping a glass on the dance floor; but it was quickly cleaned up by some of the waitstaff causing only a minor delay in the amazing party we were able to have there. All of our guests claimed it was the most beautiful wedding they have been to and everything was perfect! We would not have changed a single thing!

Amazing night!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Cristina M

My wedding couldn't have been more of a dream, it was better than I had imagined. Beautiful grand ballroom and amazing location. I could't have asked for more!

Our Guests Were WOW-ED

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Ellen L

My husband and I chose the InterContinental Michigan Avenue because we wanted a hotel where absolutely everything would be taken care of with first class quality. Our expectations were exceeded! The catering team was very easy to work with, proactive in helping us and... Read More accommodating to our needs. Our dog was able to be in the wedding!!! We did NOT want a venue that looked like another hotel ballroom. The IC's historic tower was built in the 1930's, and it feels like a castle with old world decor. It also gave us lots of fabulous options for photos. Our guests were WOW-ed. Some told me it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. I wanted a breath taking wedding that would WOW guests - and I got it!! Absolutely everything was perfect. My husband and I would not change a thing for the whole day.

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Noelle D

Everything was absolutely perfect. My husband and I could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. The hotel is beautiful and the Gran Ballroom is the most perfect layout for an engaging yet not stuffy feel. The director of events was a pleasure to work with and... Read More involved in our night to ensure everything went smoothly. My husband and I even went back to our suite afterwards to find a very gracious note from him. The wait staff was impeccable. The food was delicious and we received endless compliments on the food and service. I would highly recommend the Intercontinental for a fun yet elegant and classy affair.

Beautiful and timeless venue

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Jessica M

We held our ceremony and reception at their Renaissance Ballroom. The food was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. The venue was romantic and our guests were awe struck by the venue. Plus the wedding consultant we worked with - Budi Tanzil - was AMAZING. No regrets -... Read More our wedding was magnificent.

Poor management

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Renee F

My initial experience with the hotel was pretty positive. I was impressed by the rooms I saw and by the sales staff. They were accommodating and gave me great rates. There was some confusion when we were booking our rooms and I completely forgot the date that they release... Read More rooms (a reminder would be nice) but they worked with me on that. When we checked in, I was really impressed because they upgraded us to the vice presidential suite. After that, things went down hill. We came back late from rehearsal dinner and found out that the groom's mother who was supposed to have a one bedroom suite was put into a double room. This was problematic because that was the room where the groom an groomsmen would get ready the following morning. I talked to the hotel that night and they couldn't do anything until the morning because they were sold out. In the morning, it took some back and forth on the phone while I was getting my hair done and there was more confusion, but they got them in a one bedroom suite around 11, which was in time for people to arrive at noon. As we were leaving, the porter dropped the entire cart filled with our wedding presents and other stuff and my wedding dress was laying in a heap in the street. Then, somehow the billing got screwed up for the rooms and we got charged for the groom's family's 1 bedroom suite even though one of the groom's family asked them to charge her card. When I brought this to the attention of my sales contacts, they didn't respond. So, overall it was a mixed experience. The vice presidential suite was amazing but it didn't make up for all the night before and morning of headaches or the problems we had after the fact.

Reviewed on 9/10/2012 Joyce A

My wedding was held in the grand ballroom and it was simply amazing!! Chris was absolutely wonderful to work with and I am still getting compliments on the food and service! Thanks, Chris!

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Anne O

Wonderful venue for a reception. The food was delicious and the staff was helpful and easy to work with.

TO InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile