Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

313 East Bay Street , Charleston , SC

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Kate J

Intrigue Design and Events was better than I could have ever imagined. I know every bride is biased about her day, but I say without a shadow of a doubt, Chelsye and Mia made sure our wedding day was absolutely perfect. I knew from the first time I spoke with Chelsye, that I... Read More would be beyond lucky if I got to have her help plan my wedding. What I didn't know at the time, was that using the word 'plan', hardly gave justice to everything Intrigue Design and Events did. I can't say I was a bride that had planned this day since I was five, Chelsye had such a knack for asking questions, figuring out different aspects that I liked, and then actually putting it to life. She made visions come true that I didn't know even existed. Chelsye and Mia worked tirelessly and always had an amazing attitude. They took care of every detail, contract, meeting etc which took an extreme amount of stress off of my shoulders. I know I am not the only bride that had other people sharing their opinions, woes, etc; Chelsye and Mia addressed every concern and within a matter of minutes, not only told but SHOWED, me how it was all going to work out. They will haggle prices and give you the best recommendations in the area (I went with every single recommendation and their fantastic reviews are next). I wish I could write more eloquently and give Intrigue the justice they deserve. These ladies will not disappoint, if you are in the market for a wedding expert, choose Intrigue Design and Events.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

I am so glad that I worked with Intrigue Design & Events to plan our wedding. Chelsye and her team had the perfect amount of sweetness for me, a SC native, but the right amount of candor and professionalism that I expect as a Manhattanite. As a busy project manager who travels a... Read More lot for work, I was able to relax knowing that Chelsye was overseeing my destination wedding. She really understood my vision and has wonderful relationships vendors who all came together to create a magazine worthy wedding. Our friends and family were blown away. Thanks for making me and my groom look and feel like rockstars Intrigue Design & Events!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

Where do I even begin? This review might be on the more personal level but I promise that it will help your decision when choosing the right wedding planner. I came across Intrigue during my extensive research on various wedding review sites. I contacted 3-4 wedding planners and... Read More Intrigue was the last one I called. I spoke to Chelsye and we instantly connected. I knew I wanted to work with someone that I related to and felt comfortable with but also could carry out my vision. I was never the girl that envisioned my wedding day since I was little but I did know esthetically what I wanted (I have crazy OCD). Chelsye made it happen. She was always available...even if she didn't respond within a couple days...she got back to me promptly with answers I needed. My fiance and I made several trips down to Charleston and she always carved out time for us. She has amazing relationships with the best local vendors and is very knowledgeable in all corners of the wedding world. Fast forward to the day of our wedding. I had an amazing sense of calm the whole day as she took care of every concern with a smile. It was absolutely the most amazing day/week of my life and everything was more beautiful than I ever imagined. Her team is the best of the best and Mia is a rockstar. I hope to continue calling her a friend because in all honesty Intrigue is so much more than just your typical wedding planning vendor.

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Francesco F

We got married 4/15/16 at the William Aiken House and for the past year and a half Chelsye and the Intrigue Design team were absolutely amazing in helping with every little detail , especially with us living in Chicago, we were at ease with the decision and communication... Read More Chelsye and the team made. We couldn't of asked for a more perfect wedding. We highly recommend the Intrigue Design Team for you future event.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Katie R

I stared planning my wedding about a year in advance from a different city. Intrigue worked with me to plan in advance since I am a teacher and needed to get a lot done in the summer. The staff helped me with the elements I needed and were available via phone or email for... Read More questions along the way. The day went very smoothly and relaxing knowing that Intrigue set everything up and took everything down. They made my day wonderful and it was comforting having a professional there to help with anything.

Don't Hesitate!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016

If you are reading this review, do not hesitate to hire Intrigue Design & Events for your event! My husband and I hired Intrigue for our January wedding in Charleston, SC. We are both extremely organized people with our numerous lists, cash flow and excel sheets but still needed... Read More Chelsye and her team at Intrigue for our big day. Chelsye knows who's who in Charleston! Without her, I would not have had the wonderful vendors that she recommended for our wedding. Chelsye and Mia, her assistant, were invaluable the day our wedding. All you have to do is show up! Details such as collecting the gifts, cake serving set, bouquet, etc were all handled by Chelsye and Mia after the wedding. They collected everything and delivered it straight to our hotel room within 10 minutes following the wedding. Chelsye and Mia are also both extremely calm, friendly and a joy to be around especially during times of stress. I highly recommend Intrigue for your big day or event!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Larissa P

Wow. I just had the wedding of my dreams and I owe it all to Chelsye and the Intrigue team! I can not tell you how many people told me, "How are you not stressed out?" and "How are you such a calm bride?" Chelsye made the whole process easy and stress-free, from the planning 6+... Read More months out to the wedding day. She contacted all of our vendors and worked well within our budget. I was so excited to go to her office to talk planning because I would always leave feeling so much better about everything. I always knew she had everything under control and I trusted her completely. Boy did she deliver! Chelsye will listen to every idea and vision you have. My only task was to create a pinterest board with some inspiration... what a dream! Upon walking into the venue everything was absolutely beautiful! Flowers, lighting, candles, and drapery... Chelsye made my dream wedding vision come true! She also helped every part of our day flow perfectly. It was truly effortless, though I know it would have been impossible without her. Choosing to work with Chelsye and the Intrigue team was one of the best decisions I could have made. She will help you in every single way so that you can enjoy every part of the planning process and spend some of those most important moments with your family and friends. I could never thank her enough!

Wedding weekend

Reviewed on 12/21/2014

We've given many parties over the year but I've never gone to sleep each night thinking "that was the best party ever" and received so many glowing texts and emails the next day Last night was WONDERFUL!! Y'all outdid yourselves. We all had a fabulous time & loved seeing... Read More all the old gang. Amazingly, for the most part, everyone looks exactly the same! Thank you so much. See you at the wedding!! Wahoo!! Thank you for including us in the celebration. What a beautiful event from the venue to the ceremony to the after events, which were spectacular. Still reeling from the FABULOUS wedding. What a great event. Thanks for including the us!!! Keeping my key and name tags... All festivities were Fun, Gorgeous, Well Orchestrated, and Ultimate Perfection!! Many thanks! Still love thinking of the glorious wedding! Such a beautiful and amazing and lovely evening! It was such a privilege for us to be included! The bride was so beautiful. We had a fabulous time. All details were exquisite! Many, many thanks! The whole production was just superb. Party could not have gone any better. Wow Thank you for including us. We felt like we were in a dream looking at your beautiful back yard with the lights glistening down on all the smiling faces with the band setting such a festive mood. What a night! Fabulous..thanks for having us

Greatest day of my Life

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Morgan D

Intrigue was absolutely amazing! Chelsye and team took the stress and worry out of planning a wedding in just 5 short months(most from a distance). They took my vision and made it even more beautiful than i could ever imagine! The attention to detail and passion shows through in... Read More their work, and I can actually say that I did not have to stress for one minute on my wedding day which was priceless! :) I feel so fortunate that I was able to have Intrigue be a part of my incredible day!

Stress Free Wedding

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Allison W

If you are looking for a wedding planner/coordinator in Charleston, SC, look no further than Chelsye and her team at Intrigue Design & Events. You will have the best time working with Chelsye and be completely stress-free. Our wedding was January 4, 2014. I scheduled my... Read More consultation visit with Intrigue in late December 2012. I knew immediately that I HAD to work with Chelsye. She showed me some work from weddings she had done in the past, but mainly she focused on my fiance and I to learn as much as she could about us so that our wedding was true reflection of us. Intrigue was totally aware that we had a budget to stick to and they worked well within the budget. Chelsye gave us list of venues that would be within budget and set us up with vendors who would fit within it as well. It was so easy to communicate with Intrigue. Every email was answered in a timely manner and I felt totally at ease after every frantic phone call I made to Chelsye. They really know what they are doing. If anything I highly recommend having a wedding planner for month of, week of and day of. You are going to be so busy with friends and family that you are not going to want to call all of your vendors to make sure everything in the contracts with them is covered. And there are so many things that have to happen the day of your wedding. You and your family will not be able to handle these little items. Intrigue Design & Events had a huge part in our wedding being absolutely perfect. They made our wedding something to look forward to and memorable instead of stressful.

The Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Cathy A

My daughter was married at Lowndes Grove on 10/12/13 and although I am prejudiced, it was the best wedding ever! We could not have accomplished this without Chelsye Harp from Get Intrigued. Lowndes Grove required a wedding planner, but my daughter had just moved to... Read More Charleston to start a medical residency and everyone else was out of state so we absolutely needed one anyway. The bride and groom wanted all their friends and family to celebrate their new home. Chelsye helped us from beginning to end…she reserved room blocks, arranged transportation, flowers, wedding musicians, hair and makeup stylists, nail salons as well as all reception details. She helped plan our food tasting and helped us choose alternates to things we didn't like. She insisted that we should have shrimp and grits which we Chicagoans didn't know, and they were the favorite of the wedding! She took us through the painful process of renting just about every thing with ease and incorporated my daughter design ideas into the most beautiful event I have ever seen. She suggested things we never would have thought of even after looking through so many wedding magazines and websites. She was never offended if we didn't like one of her ideas. We ran into some issues at the last minute with the venue due to new Charleston sound and location restrictions and Chelsye didn't miss a beat. She had a new design the next day! I could go on and on with only positive things to say, but Chelsye and her employees at Get Intrigued made 10/12/13 a magnificent day for a lot of people.

Intrigue does wonders in Toronto!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Sarah B

My husband and I both are from the Low Country of South Carolina and recently relocated to the Toronto area. When Chelsye and I first communicated I told her my fiancé and I were doing a small ceremony with close friends and family in Toronto and she immediately was giving... Read More outstanding ideas and designs. She had the touches of South Carolina that we loved but incorporated the city of Toronto. She organized and designed our dinner reception, ceremony flowers, my breathtaking bouquet, and among other details I would have never thought of. She went above and beyond helping my fiancé select his suit and my something blue. She didn’t miss a touch. Chelsye handled everything for us and allowed our special day become one magical day we will never forget. I owe her everything. I didn’t know our small wedding could turn into a spectacular moment in our lives. Thank you Thank you Thank you Chelsye and Intrigue for everything you did for us! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Barreto

Dream weaver

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

We could not have been happier with Intrigue Designs. Chelyse made all my daughter's dream come true. She was willing to collaborate, listen, and advise. Our thoughts and vision for the wedding were interpreted perfectly. This mother of the bride would highly recommend Intrigue... Read More Designs from bridal luncheon to rehearsal dinner to the wedding itself.

Paige Alexander

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Paige K

The Event Coordinator at our wedding venue (Middleton Place Plantation) recommended Chelsye and Intrigue Design & Events and I am SO thankful that he did. My husband and I live in Atlanta, our families live in Augusta, Ga and Boston, and our wedding was in Charleston. Chelsye... Read More took away any stresses that I possibly could have had about the wedding. I can honestly say that I felt like she was a member of our wedding party by the end of the year we worked with her! Because we are not from Charleston it was WONDERFUL to have someone who knew vendors, etc. and could help us make decisions that fit the wedding we dreamed of! We met with her numerous times over the year, and she was always accommodating and willing to devote as much time as necessary to work with us (not to mention the thousands of emails, texts, and phone calls). The Intrigue team was so dedicated to our wedding that it was easy to forget they have dozens of other clients! We had a large wedding and a large wedding party, and coordinating that many people can be very stressful. The entire wedding weekend went off without a hitch and I totally owe that to Chelsye and her team. Intrigue created a wedding that was beyond my wildest dreams! It was so, so beautiful and just perfect. Three months later our guests are STILL talking about it. Chelsye and Intrigue's worth to our wedding is absolutely invaluable! LOVE them! :)

Awesome day - Sept 15, 2013

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Malvery P

Ours was a destination wedding, so we needed someone to manage details in Charleston, SC while we worked in Rochester NY and Greenville SC. What we paid for and what we received exceeded our expectations on our very special day. Intrigue Designs & Events handled the... Read More details spectacularly: -Quality Vendor recommendations -Effective communication -Attention to our needs, our changes up 'til last minutereat -Great planning -Execution on the day of...just smooth!! -I had only to focus on my husband and chatting and dancing with our guests. During the wedding, we were gently reminded of positions , schedule and ushered wherever we needed to be or whatever we needed to do Everything was beautiful - the table floral designs, tent lighting, table layout, and again execution - ran like a swiss clock... and very professional with a nice soft touch. ( not to mention our location, the perfect weather and the sunset...truly awe inspiring - this thanks to GOD :-)) I highly recommend Intrigue Designs and Events -Chelsye Harp. Suggestions for improvement- Ensure all vendors are aware of any changes that impact them and flow of program Malvery Pilgrim-Williams & Sean Williams

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Rachel G

Chelsye and her team were so amazing! They were there for me every step of the planning process, which was very overwhelming with our venue. From concepts to vendors, Chelsye always had my best interests in mind. She even helped me find a new florist one month before my big day!... Read More If you are planning a wedding in Charleston your first call should be to Chelsye and her team at Intrigue Design & Events. They made my day special, beautiful, and most importantly stress free.

We could not have survived without Intrigue!

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 anna r

The Intrigue ladies did a fabulous job helping us plan and execute a wonderful wedding so that we were able to relax and actually enjoy the entire weekend! There were so many important details that they thought of that would have slipped our minds. Just meeting with them made... Read More us feel better throughout the process. Who needs a maid of honor when you have Intrigue!!?? Our families continue to talk about how absolutely everything went perfectly. I agree, and this simply could not have been possible without the Intrigue team! You can trust them with anything and it is totally worth hiring Intrigue for your special day!

Chelsye is fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/21/2013 Danielle W

Since we live in Los Angeles, we knew that despite having the help of my incredibly supportive mom, we wanted to hire a wedding coordinator so that our trips to visit my parents wouldn’t be a constant barrage of wedding planning. When I met Chelsye of Intrigue Events, I knew... Read More from her easygoing nature and receptivity to wacky ideas (we originally considered a mariachi band provide the ceremony music) that she was the right planner for us. She was always listening and looking for ways to make our wedding more personalized. Chelsye knew that travel had played an important role in our story since Matt and I had lived in different cities during the first 18 months we dated and decided to pursue the relationship despite the distance during a trip we took to Berlin together early on. When Matt and I mentioned that we were thinking of buying leather luggage tags to give to our guests as favors, she suggested that they serve as both escort cards and favors and that we purchase acrylic ones so that the vintage map of Charleston, which was used as the liner of invitation envelopes, could be incorporated to make the tags more of a trip memento for our guests. I noticed on another review that the writer mentions that communication was not quite as consistent as she would have liked. I will admit that for "type A" brides and MoBs, Chelsye's email response time may not be perfect (it may take her three days to send a vendor proposal instead of the promised two), but I truly believe this is because Chelsye focuses so much on her face-to-face interactions with clients and is so generous with her time. We probably met with Chelsye on at least 8 occasions, even spending 5+ hours with her in a single day for event rentals and florist meetings, and I never once felt like she was rushing us or that our time with her was being tallied against what was agreed to in the contract. The bottom line of our experience with Chelsye was this: she has wonderfully creative ideas, introduced us to great vendors, listened to us during the entire process, and always seemed to be working hard to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. Most importantly, she was amazingly serene when we had to reconfigure our entire ceremony décor plan because the threat of thunderstorms forced us to tent the site. Her calm attitude in dealing with the slew of changes this entailed was incredibly reassuring and allowed me to enjoy the pre-wedding festivities without fretting about how everything was going to turn out. Chelsye and her team made sure that everything went smoothly the day of the wedding, and we didn’t have to worry about a single thing!

A promise kept

Reviewed on 3/13/2013 Anand C

Our wedding was a destination wedding, so having an in-town wedding planner was a must-have for us. We wanted to make our own decisions, but we needed a guide through the process and someone who would make sure the last few weeks before the wedding (and the wedding day) went... Read More smoothly. At Intrigue, Chelsye Harp started us off with a great list of potential vendors that helped to make our wedding day great. As we continued on in our planning process, Chelsye provided her expertise and quietly made sure we hit our deadlines. Once the wedding day rolled around, she kicked into an even higher mode. She took charge and saved us from ourselves. On a day that could have been rainy or sunny, warm or cold, she made sure all vendor contingencies were covered. She kept us on schedule (actually, ahead of schedule) and ensured we could leisurely eat and get some alone time amid the chaos. Chelsye truly lived up to Intrigue's promise to "take care of the details so you can relax and enjoy your special day!"

Part-Time Wedding Planning Package

Reviewed on 1/16/2013 Heather M

Chelsye and her team were good week-of & day-off planners. They adjusted to every small hic-up on the wedding day to make sure things went as seamlessly as possible. We hired her for part time planning throughout the engagment (7 months). Throughout the 7 months leading up to... Read More the wedding we often struggled with consistent communication, meeting deadlines, and some confusion about proposals from vendors, wedding day details etc. I would recommend her team for day of/week of planning. However, when looking at all that was guaranteed in the contract & the level of service expected, I was disappointed several times during the wedding planning process.

2013-01-29T11:30:37 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We thank you for your constructive feedback and, as we strive to provide the best service possible and do everything in our power to accommodate all our clients not only... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/15/2012 Anne W

I have to say that this is a difficult review for me to write because I truly don't have the words to express just how wonderful Chelsye and the team at Intrigue are. I had serious anxiety about planning a destination wedding, but once I found the Intrigue team-my nerves were... Read More instantly put to easy. They responded to my every question, concern, phone calls, and SO many emails, promptly and with never-ending enthusiasm. The week of the wedding I decided that I wasn't quite happy with the ceremony setup and I started to stress..."not to worry- we will make what you want happen" they said, and they did. It was perfect! I actually arrived at the reception to find extra little touches added by the Intrigue team that I had mentioned wanting in our first conversations nearly 9 months earlier! I couldn't believe they remembered, when I didn't myself! Chelsye kept us on track during the whole evening, but was never intrusive, just a helpful friend! :) Speaking of a helpful friend, she even removed a bit of make-up on the FRONT of my dress right before the ceremony, and helped one of my bridesmaids bustle it after! Our wedding was everything we could of ever hoped for and more, made possible by the hard work of the Intrigue team. Seriously, we had the time of our lives, and we are forever grateful. All our love and thanks, Mr. & Mrs. Ellery EST. DEC 2012 :)

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 debbie m

Chelsye of Intrigue Design is a magnificent wedding planner. She was able to take the vision of the bride and merge it with her own wonderful ideas to create a splendid outdoor wedding. Chelsye was responsive and extremely professional in all her dealings with the various... Read More vendors. She is so well organized! Her logo asks the bride and family to relax on the big day because she will take care of all the details. The entire wedding party was able to enjoy the wedding because Chelsye had taken care of everything down to the last concern. My daughter's wedding was breathtaking! This planner will make you feel like you are the star in your most important day! The results were amazing. Run, do not walk to employ the services of Intrigue Design and Events. She will exceed your expectations.

So creative

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Jessica B

Loved working with the two women of Intrigue who are such visionaries. My only complaint is they are so good that it was tough to stick to our original budget. But the way they set up the flowers at our ceremony with chandaliers was beyond what I could have dreamed. And they... Read More set up an unbelivable escort card table and made such beautiful centerpieces that everybody raved about the look of the wedding.

Intrigue planned my perfect wedding

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Allison W

Chelsye Harp and her staff are incredible. She went above and beyond to make sure I had everything that I wanted for my wedding. She was always available and so easy to work with. We definitely became friends in the process. When you are planning a wedding, you want someone that... Read More you feel comfortable being open and honest with. Chelsye is definitely that person! Thank you for planning my perfect wedding!

Best Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 4/18/2012 Jodi W

Chelsye and her team did an AWESOME job. I was a DIY bride and had made a ton of decorations and she set up the venue beautifully, incorporating every little detail perfectly! I could not have asked for a better wedding planner. She was always on top of everything and knew... Read More what to expect next- it was amazing. If you are looking for the best wedding planner- pick Intrigue Design and Events and you will be happy you did!

Chelsye Harp

Intrigue Design & Events debuted in Charleston in 2008, and since has left an amazing trail of events behind us. We provides imaginative event design paired with impeccable coordination services to create a truly exceptional event. What sets us apart is our hands-on approach to design, every detail, and creating a memorable experience for you and your guest. With over 10 years of wedding and event design, your vision, and our dream team we will truly leave you breathless.

Start a Conversation!