Beauty Perfected.Unforgettable Moments.Timeless.

"We take care of the details so you can RELAX and enjoy your Special Day.” At Intrigue we understand that every couple has a story, and not matter what your vision is we will bring it to life. We thrive on designing a wedding by adding personal touches that makes our couples unique. "Do something different" and come get inspired with us. Cheers!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

313 East Bay Street , Charleston , SC East Coast and Beyond (843) 247-0106
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Kate J

Intrigue Design and Events was better than I could have ever imagined. I know every bride is biased about her day, but I say without a shadow of a doubt, Chelsye and Mia made sure our wedding day was absolutely perfect. I knew from the first time I spoke with Chelsye, that I... Read More would be beyond lucky if I got to have her help plan my wedding. What I didn't know at the time, was that using the word 'plan', hardly gave justice to everything Intrigue Design and Events did. I can't say I was a bride that had planned this day since I was five, Chelsye had such a knack for asking questions, figuring out different aspects that I liked, and then actually putting it to life. She made visions come true that I didn't know even existed. Chelsye and Mia worked tirelessly and always had an amazing attitude. They took care of every detail, contract, meeting etc which took an extreme amount of stress off of my shoulders. I know I am not the only bride that had other people sharing their opinions, woes, etc; Chelsye and Mia addressed every concern and within a matter of minutes, not only told but SHOWED, me how it was all going to work out. They will haggle prices and give you the best recommendations in the area (I went with every single recommendation and their fantastic reviews are next). I wish I could write more eloquently and give Intrigue the justice they deserve. These ladies will not disappoint, if you are in the market for a wedding expert, choose Intrigue Design and Events.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Amanda E

I am from SC but currently living out of state. I knew I really wanted to have my wedding back home. Chelsye and everyone at Intrigue made that happen for me. I am so glad I booked with them as they made planning my wedding from afar so much easier. The vendor suggestions were... Read More all amazing. Chelsye went with me for my big vendor meetings and helped with everything. She also came up with amazing design plans for the reception which were out of this world! I am sort of sad it is all over now and we don't get to have design and vendor meetings anymore!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Creedence B

When our first meeting started with a champagne toast we knew we were in the right place. Working with Intrigue was so much fun and Chelsye and Mia made planning a wedding feel easy and stress free. Our day was STUNNING - everything from the design to the timeline and... Read More coordination between vendors was perfect. We did not have to worry about anything in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The attention to detail was spectacular and they did an especially great job of managing communication with our families throughout the process. We are so thankful to Intrigue for making us feel that our day was as special for them as it was for us. We highly recommend them to anyone in need of a wedding planner.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Tim H

Choosing Charleston/Folly Beach as our wedding destination was easy as it represented the first trip that we took together as couple five years earlier. The thought of choosing a wedding planner however was a little more daunting. Thankfully we were given the name of Chelsye... Read More Harp (and eventually Mia Heard) through a friend of a friend who was also getting married in Charleston. At the end of our very first meeting (July 2016) Mia informed us that “we do hugs not handshakes” and at this point we knew that we had found our wedding planners. From that day forward we have never regretted our decision to use Intrigue Design & Events. Chelsye and Mia not only met but exceeded our expectations for our wedding, They were the consummate professionals throughout the process as they listened to the vison we had for our wedding day and worked tirelessly to a create a design aesthetic that ensured every detail was perfect. The stress of planning a wedding and choosing vendors (hair, make-up, flowers, D.J.) from eight hours away was greatly reduced as Chelsye and Mia introduced us to many of their preferred/like-minded vendors during a December 2016 visit to Charleston. Our stress was further reduced as emailed questions were always answered in a timely manner throughout the process. A detailed timeline of wedding day events was presented to us two days prior to our big day during a meeting at the Intrigue Office and it was at this point that Chelsye and Mia informed us BREATHE ,RELAX and ENJOY. Based on their attention to detail we were able to do all three and our wedding day went off without a hitch. If you are in need of a wedding planner please, please, please begin and end your search with Intrigue Design and Events as you will not be disappointed. We ONLY gave five stars because ten stars was not an option.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Laura J

Chelsye and Mia with Intrigue were INCREDIBLE! I'm sure every bride says they had the best planner, but our day was absolutely PERFECT and it is 100% due to them! They were amazing from the very beginning! I hired them about 1.5 years prior to my wedding after getting engaged,... Read More and because of my slight OCD, I wanted to do lots of planning right up front. They were so helpful and directed me in terms of what I could do that far in advance and the timeline of other planning I needed to do along the way! As we approached our special day, they contacted every single vendor we had booked, set up a VERY detailed timeline and helped everyone stick to the plans. There wasn't a single detail they didn't think of! On the day of our wedding, they checked in on me a million times to make sure I was happy and doing well in addition to coordinating all the vendors and making sure everything was absolutely perfect! Chelsye and Mia were both so amazing and such comforting people to have around on our big day! I'm an anxious person by nature and knowing they were there and in charge allowed me to relax and really enjoy every minute of my day! They both made us feel so special and loved, and we could not be more thrilled with our choice of planner! I would have paid double what we did for them with all they did! I didn't hear about a single issue on my wedding day if there were any, and everything ran so smoothly. I had a million comments from guests on how amazing our planner was, and I don't think that happens very often that guests notice the planner and how great of a job they were doing! My groom and I had drinks in our hands all night and they fulfilled every single request we had! I can't possibly say enough amazing things about them or thank them enough! Chelsye clearly has a ton of experience in the industry and knows what she's doing, knows all the best vendors, was able to score some great discounts because of her reputation with vendors, and is the perfect combination of laid back and type A so everything runs perfectly but she never once appeared stressed or overwhelmed in the slightest! I absolutely LOVE Mia and Chelsye and feel like I have great friends from this experience beyond just wonderful wedding planners. I would recommend them 100 times to anyone getting married in Charleston or elsewhere!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Samantha M

Intrigue Design & Events is second to none! Chelsye and her team are simply the best. After meeting with many wedding planners, I became very discouraged because I couldn't find what I was looking for. As soon as I walked into her office I felt a warmness, almost like I had... Read More known Chelsye and Mia my whole life. They truly won me over and I was so excited to have found "the one." Chelsye will also customize whatever package you need, as I learned in my ventures many others won't so this is a mega bonus! With so many choices out there from vendors, to table settings, colors, etc. Chelsye is extremely knowledgeable and her taste is impeccable. Also, from working in the Charleston area she really knows the vendors who are the best of the best. The team really knows their stuff and it made the whole process that much easier. Chelsye took the time to get to know my fiancé and I to really learn who we were, what we wanted, and at the end we truly feel we have gained a lifelong friend. As we all know communication is key and with Intrigue you always feel important and their promptness is fantastic. You never feel like a burden or annoying because at the end of the day they really care about you, your fiancé, and the wedding planning process. FAST FORWARD to the BIG day .... having Chelsye and her team is a truly a gift from above. They make sure that everything runs smoothly and honestly I just sat back and enjoyed my special day because that's what its all about. When I showed up to my venue everything was absolutely perfect and it was above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined. So without a doubt choose Intrigue Design & Events to plan your special day!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Anna Beth B

I'd always dreamed of having a wedding in Charleston but since I live in Virginia, I decided to hire a wedding planner to help me coordinate things. I talked to several different planners to get quotes and Chelsye was the only one who was able to customize a package for me based... Read More on what I needed. I had already chosen my venue, caterer, photographer, and rehearsal dinner location but she provided assistance for all the other vendors (and didn't charge me for the leg work I had already done!). All of her recommendations were excellent and she helped coordinate details with each of the vendors - which was a lifesaver since I could not be on site to handle them. I can't say enough about Chelsye and her team - they are simply amazing. They worked tirelessly to make my wedding vision come to life. Chelsye was always accommodating when it came to working around my schedule. We chatted and emailed frequently throughout the year leading up to my wedding - she always made time for me and provided reassurance when I was starting to worry. I showed her design elements I liked and her team turned all the individual components into a gorgeous design that blew me away! Not to mention they coordinated all the details and timing of the rehearsal and wedding. They even went out and bought things we forgot to get - from bug spray, to sparklers, to mirrors to write out our seating arrangements (which had to be done the day-of the wedding!) They kept us on track with payments to all the vendors too (which honestly would have been overwhelming without them), and were willing to coordinate things between my divorced parents to ensure everything was taken care of. Chelsye was so attentive to my needs all along the way - she kept me calm and personally kept my champagne glass full the night of my wedding too. I honestly have no idea what I would have done without them. HIGHLY recommend these ladies - they are worth every penny!! (That was a direct quote from my mom!)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Laura H

Chelsye and her team at Intrigue Design & Events did a fabulous job from start to finish with our wedding! Chelsye met with us several times before our wedding to discuss everything from the budget to vendors to all the little details. The day of our wedding went so smooth.... Read More Chelsye and her team were at our venue site (The Cotton Dock at Boone Hall Plantation) early to set up and coordinate everything with our vendors. When we arrived the space was decorated beautifully! Chelsye was on top of it all making sure the evening went as planned. I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. It was truly a magical day and it wouldn't have happened without the help of Intrigue Design & Events!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jay D

Could not have been happier with Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

I am so glad that I worked with Intrigue Design & Events to plan our wedding. Chelsye and her team had the perfect amount of sweetness for me, a SC native, but the right amount of candor and professionalism that I expect as a Manhattanite. As a busy project manager who travels a... Read More lot for work, I was able to relax knowing that Chelsye was overseeing my destination wedding. She really understood my vision and has wonderful relationships vendors who all came together to create a magazine worthy wedding. Our friends and family were blown away. Thanks for making me and my groom look and feel like rockstars Intrigue Design & Events!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

Where do I even begin? This review might be on the more personal level but I promise that it will help your decision when choosing the right wedding planner. I came across Intrigue during my extensive research on various wedding review sites. I contacted 3-4 wedding planners and... Read More Intrigue was the last one I called. I spoke to Chelsye and we instantly connected. I knew I wanted to work with someone that I related to and felt comfortable with but also could carry out my vision. I was never the girl that envisioned my wedding day since I was little but I did know esthetically what I wanted (I have crazy OCD). Chelsye made it happen. She was always available...even if she didn't respond within a couple days...she got back to me promptly with answers I needed. My fiance and I made several trips down to Charleston and she always carved out time for us. She has amazing relationships with the best local vendors and is very knowledgeable in all corners of the wedding world. Fast forward to the day of our wedding. I had an amazing sense of calm the whole day as she took care of every concern with a smile. It was absolutely the most amazing day/week of my life and everything was more beautiful than I ever imagined. Her team is the best of the best and Mia is a rockstar. I hope to continue calling her a friend because in all honesty Intrigue is so much more than just your typical wedding planning vendor.

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Francesco F

We got married 4/15/16 at the William Aiken House and for the past year and a half Chelsye and the Intrigue Design team were absolutely amazing in helping with every little detail , especially with us living in Chicago, we were at ease with the decision and communication... Read More Chelsye and the team made. We couldn't of asked for a more perfect wedding. We highly recommend the Intrigue Design Team for you future event.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Katie R

I stared planning my wedding about a year in advance from a different city. Intrigue worked with me to plan in advance since I am a teacher and needed to get a lot done in the summer. The staff helped me with the elements I needed and were available via phone or email for... Read More questions along the way. The day went very smoothly and relaxing knowing that Intrigue set everything up and took everything down. They made my day wonderful and it was comforting having a professional there to help with anything.

Don't Hesitate!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016

If you are reading this review, do not hesitate to hire Intrigue Design & Events for your event! My husband and I hired Intrigue for our January wedding in Charleston, SC. We are both extremely organized people with our numerous lists, cash flow and excel sheets but still needed... Read More Chelsye and her team at Intrigue for our big day. Chelsye knows who's who in Charleston! Without her, I would not have had the wonderful vendors that she recommended for our wedding. Chelsye and Mia, her assistant, were invaluable the day our wedding. All you have to do is show up! Details such as collecting the gifts, cake serving set, bouquet, etc were all handled by Chelsye and Mia after the wedding. They collected everything and delivered it straight to our hotel room within 10 minutes following the wedding. Chelsye and Mia are also both extremely calm, friendly and a joy to be around especially during times of stress. I highly recommend Intrigue for your big day or event!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Larissa P

Wow. I just had the wedding of my dreams and I owe it all to Chelsye and the Intrigue team! I can not tell you how many people told me, "How are you not stressed out?" and "How are you such a calm bride?" Chelsye made the whole process easy and stress-free, from the planning 6+... Read More months out to the wedding day. She contacted all of our vendors and worked well within our budget. I was so excited to go to her office to talk planning because I would always leave feeling so much better about everything. I always knew she had everything under control and I trusted her completely. Boy did she deliver! Chelsye will listen to every idea and vision you have. My only task was to create a pinterest board with some inspiration... what a dream! Upon walking into the venue everything was absolutely beautiful! Flowers, lighting, candles, and drapery... Chelsye made my dream wedding vision come true! She also helped every part of our day flow perfectly. It was truly effortless, though I know it would have been impossible without her. Choosing to work with Chelsye and the Intrigue team was one of the best decisions I could have made. She will help you in every single way so that you can enjoy every part of the planning process and spend some of those most important moments with your family and friends. I could never thank her enough!

Wedding weekend

Reviewed on 12/21/2014

We've given many parties over the year but I've never gone to sleep each night thinking "that was the best party ever" and received so many glowing texts and emails the next day Last night was WONDERFUL!! Y'all outdid yourselves. We all had a fabulous time & loved seeing... Read More all the old gang. Amazingly, for the most part, everyone looks exactly the same! Thank you so much. See you at the wedding!! Wahoo!! Thank you for including us in the celebration. What a beautiful event from the venue to the ceremony to the after events, which were spectacular. Still reeling from the FABULOUS wedding. What a great event. Thanks for including the us!!! Keeping my key and name tags... All festivities were Fun, Gorgeous, Well Orchestrated, and Ultimate Perfection!! Many thanks! Still love thinking of the glorious wedding! Such a beautiful and amazing and lovely evening! It was such a privilege for us to be included! The bride was so beautiful. We had a fabulous time. All details were exquisite! Many, many thanks! The whole production was just superb. Party could not have gone any better. Wow Thank you for including us. We felt like we were in a dream looking at your beautiful back yard with the lights glistening down on all the smiling faces with the band setting such a festive mood. What a night! Fabulous..thanks for having us

Greatest day of my Life

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Morgan D

Intrigue was absolutely amazing! Chelsye and team took the stress and worry out of planning a wedding in just 5 short months(most from a distance). They took my vision and made it even more beautiful than i could ever imagine! The attention to detail and passion shows through in... Read More their work, and I can actually say that I did not have to stress for one minute on my wedding day which was priceless! :) I feel so fortunate that I was able to have Intrigue be a part of my incredible day!

Stress Free Wedding

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Allison W

If you are looking for a wedding planner/coordinator in Charleston, SC, look no further than Chelsye and her team at Intrigue Design & Events. You will have the best time working with Chelsye and be completely stress-free. Our wedding was January 4, 2014. I scheduled my... Read More consultation visit with Intrigue in late December 2012. I knew immediately that I HAD to work with Chelsye. She showed me some work from weddings she had done in the past, but mainly she focused on my fiance and I to learn as much as she could about us so that our wedding was true reflection of us. Intrigue was totally aware that we had a budget to stick to and they worked well within the budget. Chelsye gave us list of venues that would be within budget and set us up with vendors who would fit within it as well. It was so easy to communicate with Intrigue. Every email was answered in a timely manner and I felt totally at ease after every frantic phone call I made to Chelsye. They really know what they are doing. If anything I highly recommend having a wedding planner for month of, week of and day of. You are going to be so busy with friends and family that you are not going to want to call all of your vendors to make sure everything in the contracts with them is covered. And there are so many things that have to happen the day of your wedding. You and your family will not be able to handle these little items. Intrigue Design & Events had a huge part in our wedding being absolutely perfect. They made our wedding something to look forward to and memorable instead of stressful.

The Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Cathy A

My daughter was married at Lowndes Grove on 10/12/13 and although I am prejudiced, it was the best wedding ever! We could not have accomplished this without Chelsye Harp from Get Intrigued. Lowndes Grove required a wedding planner, but my daughter had just moved to... Read More Charleston to start a medical residency and everyone else was out of state so we absolutely needed one anyway. The bride and groom wanted all their friends and family to celebrate their new home. Chelsye helped us from beginning to end…she reserved room blocks, arranged transportation, flowers, wedding musicians, hair and makeup stylists, nail salons as well as all reception details. She helped plan our food tasting and helped us choose alternates to things we didn't like. She insisted that we should have shrimp and grits which we Chicagoans didn't know, and they were the favorite of the wedding! She took us through the painful process of renting just about every thing with ease and incorporated my daughter design ideas into the most beautiful event I have ever seen. She suggested things we never would have thought of even after looking through so many wedding magazines and websites. She was never offended if we didn't like one of her ideas. We ran into some issues at the last minute with the venue due to new Charleston sound and location restrictions and Chelsye didn't miss a beat. She had a new design the next day! I could go on and on with only positive things to say, but Chelsye and her employees at Get Intrigued made 10/12/13 a magnificent day for a lot of people.

Intrigue does wonders in Toronto!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Sarah B

My husband and I both are from the Low Country of South Carolina and recently relocated to the Toronto area. When Chelsye and I first communicated I told her my fiancé and I were doing a small ceremony with close friends and family in Toronto and she immediately was giving... Read More outstanding ideas and designs. She had the touches of South Carolina that we loved but incorporated the city of Toronto. She organized and designed our dinner reception, ceremony flowers, my breathtaking bouquet, and among other details I would have never thought of. She went above and beyond helping my fiancé select his suit and my something blue. She didn’t miss a touch. Chelsye handled everything for us and allowed our special day become one magical day we will never forget. I owe her everything. I didn’t know our small wedding could turn into a spectacular moment in our lives. Thank you Thank you Thank you Chelsye and Intrigue for everything you did for us! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Barreto

Dream weaver

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

We could not have been happier with Intrigue Designs. Chelyse made all my daughter's dream come true. She was willing to collaborate, listen, and advise. Our thoughts and vision for the wedding were interpreted perfectly. This mother of the bride would highly recommend Intrigue... Read More Designs from bridal luncheon to rehearsal dinner to the wedding itself.

Paige Alexander

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Paige K

The Event Coordinator at our wedding venue (Middleton Place Plantation) recommended Chelsye and Intrigue Design & Events and I am SO thankful that he did. My husband and I live in Atlanta, our families live in Augusta, Ga and Boston, and our wedding was in Charleston. Chelsye... Read More took away any stresses that I possibly could have had about the wedding. I can honestly say that I felt like she was a member of our wedding party by the end of the year we worked with her! Because we are not from Charleston it was WONDERFUL to have someone who knew vendors, etc. and could help us make decisions that fit the wedding we dreamed of! We met with her numerous times over the year, and she was always accommodating and willing to devote as much time as necessary to work with us (not to mention the thousands of emails, texts, and phone calls). The Intrigue team was so dedicated to our wedding that it was easy to forget they have dozens of other clients! We had a large wedding and a large wedding party, and coordinating that many people can be very stressful. The entire wedding weekend went off without a hitch and I totally owe that to Chelsye and her team. Intrigue created a wedding that was beyond my wildest dreams! It was so, so beautiful and just perfect. Three months later our guests are STILL talking about it. Chelsye and Intrigue's worth to our wedding is absolutely invaluable! LOVE them! :)

Awesome day - Sept 15, 2013

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Malvery P

Ours was a destination wedding, so we needed someone to manage details in Charleston, SC while we worked in Rochester NY and Greenville SC. What we paid for and what we received exceeded our expectations on our very special day. Intrigue Designs & Events handled the... Read More details spectacularly: -Quality Vendor recommendations -Effective communication -Attention to our needs, our changes up 'til last minutereat -Great planning -Execution on the day of...just smooth!! -I had only to focus on my husband and chatting and dancing with our guests. During the wedding, we were gently reminded of positions , schedule and ushered wherever we needed to be or whatever we needed to do Everything was beautiful - the table floral designs, tent lighting, table layout, and again execution - ran like a swiss clock... and very professional with a nice soft touch. ( not to mention our location, the perfect weather and the sunset...truly awe inspiring - this thanks to GOD :-)) I highly recommend Intrigue Designs and Events -Chelsye Harp. Suggestions for improvement- Ensure all vendors are aware of any changes that impact them and flow of program Malvery Pilgrim-Williams & Sean Williams

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Rachel G

Chelsye and her team were so amazing! They were there for me every step of the planning process, which was very overwhelming with our venue. From concepts to vendors, Chelsye always had my best interests in mind. She even helped me find a new florist one month before my big day!... Read More If you are planning a wedding in Charleston your first call should be to Chelsye and her team at Intrigue Design & Events. They made my day special, beautiful, and most importantly stress free.

We could not have survived without Intrigue!

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 anna r

The Intrigue ladies did a fabulous job helping us plan and execute a wonderful wedding so that we were able to relax and actually enjoy the entire weekend! There were so many important details that they thought of that would have slipped our minds. Just meeting with them made... Read More us feel better throughout the process. Who needs a maid of honor when you have Intrigue!!?? Our families continue to talk about how absolutely everything went perfectly. I agree, and this simply could not have been possible without the Intrigue team! You can trust them with anything and it is totally worth hiring Intrigue for your special day!

Chelsye Harp

Intrigue Design & Events debuted in Charleston in 2008, and since has left an amazing trail of events behind us. We provides imaginative event design paired with impeccable coordination services to create a truly exceptional event. What sets us apart is our hands-on approach to design, every detail, and creating a memorable experience for you and your guest. With over 10 years of wedding and event design, your vision, and our dream team we will truly leave you breathless.